Jumping Puzzles and Mesmer portals

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

With the release of the newest jumping puzzle, this issue has become more apparent. People are using jumping puzzles to trivialize the content. For instance, with the new jumping puzzle a Mesmer can create a portal at the chest, wp, and then run within range to port everyone to the very end.

Can we get a debuff while inside that prevents portaling or at least reduces its range? How about having no wp’s close to a jumping puzzle? How about making it so that the portal skill cancels and is forced into cooldown when you wp?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

How about having no wp’s close to a jumping puzzle?

That would be bad for any JP that can actually kill you…

How about making it so that the portal skill cancels and is forced into cooldown when you wp?

I’d be down for that.

But this discussion has been discussed many times. Some players find portals to chests totally acceptable and desirable (I’m not one of them), and the devs never gave any indication that they have a problem with it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I totally disagree with this. In my guild we have some (specially older) people who can’t do jumping puzzles. We are a very social guild that help each other with everything. This includes with doing jumping puzzles.

GW2 is a social game that encourage helping each other. There is nothing wrong with a portal and wanting to get rid of them in puzzles is in my opinion very selfish and anti-social.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lyana Evrilow.8102

Lyana Evrilow.8102

I usually did jumping puzzles on my ranger because I knew the jumping mechanism more on the human. I recently got portal with my Mesmer, and I realized that portals save me headaches. If I see a long jump that I’m not sure I can make, I put a portal down first. That way, if I fall, I can restart at where I was (…if I don’t die…). Sure there’s a 75 second cooldown, but for the ability to not have to do 3/4 the puzzle over again… totally worth it.

I agree it kinda sucks to get rid of the game content, but there are also people who use laptops that lag a great deal in the game and cannot make the jumps due to lag. Portals are super nice for helpin’ out guildies, or people who have spent 8 hours of frustration trying to get through a JP with no luck.

in Suggestions

Ayrilana.1396

How is exactly not wanting portals being used to trivialize OPTIONAL content being selfish and anti-social?

in Suggestions

Ayrilana.1396

So you’d rather make a personal attack on me rather than make a constructive argument against my suggestion?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I totally disagree with this. In my guild we have some (specially older) people who can’t do jumping puzzles. We are a very social guild that help each other with everything. This includes with doing jumping puzzles.

I personally don’t see how helping someone not do the jumping puzzle equals “doing jumping puzzles together”.

What does that mean? That some of you run the puzzle together, and others wait at the entrance? So that you can stand by the chest together for 5 seconds? I don’t want to spoil anybody’s social activities (they are what MMOs are all about) but guess I don’t see how this is a social activity at all in the first place.

:\

(edited by Pixelpumpkin.4608)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lyana Evrilow.8102

Lyana Evrilow.8102

Yeah, where’d the personal attack come from, and why was it necessary? It’s a legit complaint that portals are used for 5 second achievements for jumping puzzles. While there are some good uses for them, there are also some cheap uses for them.

There’s no need to start name calling. And aside from that, Ayrilana’s complaint doesn’t even sound like envy!

I never understood why portals worked after waypointing, either. They honestly shouldn’t in my opinion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CelebrityX.7014

CelebrityX.7014

With the release of the newest jumping puzzle, this issue has become more apparent. People are using jumping puzzles to trivialize the content. For instance, with the new jumping puzzle a Mesmer can create a portal at the chest, wp, and then run within range to port everyone to the very end.

Can we get a debuff while inside that prevents portaling or at least reduces its range? How about having no wp’s close to a jumping puzzle? How about making it so that the portal skill cancels and is forced into cooldown when you wp?

It’s a class mechanic that in no way harms YOUR gameplay. Seems like you’re bent out of shape for something that’s pretty silly (imo). I have the choice to complete the puzzle (which is often the case) or use a portal if one is offered just like you do. I don’t begrudge others for simply using the portal. It really has no effect on me personally. It’s a GAME, lighten up a bit.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dan.2940

Dan.2940

I don’t understand why people are making a fuss over mesmer portals in JP’s, if you don’t want to use a portal, don’t use it, play the game the way you want to play it, its as simple as that. How would nerfing portals help you in any way? Increase the population in the JP to block your view of jumps? Comon now… People can choose the way they want to play the game, and some people are incapable of completing jump puzzles, so why make them suffer?

As someone who loves jump puzzles, i complete my jump puzzles normally, but sometimes i even get annoyed with not being able to make a jump, and when i’m pressed for time i don’t see why using a portal should be illegal.

| Siynn – Lvl 80 Thief | Jaata – Lvl 80 Engineer |
| Smitê – Lvl 80 Guardian | Arraxie – Lvl 80 Ele |
Ehmry Bay

in Suggestions

Posted by: EagleDelta.4726

EagleDelta.4726

I’m inclined to agree with the two above posters – in no way, shape or form are players that use this mechanic preventing, harming or otherwise diminishing the game for other PvE players. The only thing I can see right now is that these players seem to be annoying you because it makes you feel like your accomplishment is less. IMO, that is your issue not theirs. Play the game, have fun, and don’t worry about what other players do – the items in the new JP are NOT sellable so there’s no harm being done at all.

I have very little respect for players that seem to treat PvE like it should have PvP-like rules. People do NOT have to be on equal footing in PvE, they do NOT have to play (or complete) content the same way as everyone else. PvE is designed almost as the opposite to PvP, not akin to it.

in Suggestions

Ayrilana.1396

The thing is that jumping puzzles are optional and you don’t have to do them. There’s many people who play this game that have not set foot into a jumping puzzle.

I disagree with the logic that just because it doesn’t affect everyone else that means it is right. Let’s suppose I just started the game. I found an exploit to level to 80 in under an hour and a way to get exotic armor from dungeons without any effort. I also manage to exploit and get a ton of laurels to get my ascended gear. I also decide that I want a few legendaries for personal use so I use bots to farm the materials for me.

Since me doing this doesn’t affect others, then it must be okay? I hardly doubt many people would see it that way. Just because something doesn’t affect other players does not make it right.

I agree that portals should be allowed but it’s uses within the jumping puzzle should be limited so it’s not abused.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in Suggestions

CelebrityX.7014

The thing is that jumping puzzles are optional and you don’t have to do them. There’s many people who play this game that have not set foot into a jumping puzzle.

I disagree with the logic that just because it doesn’t affect everyone else that means it is right. Let’s suppose I just started the game. I found an exploit to level to 80 in under an hour and a way to get exotic armor from dungeons without any effort. I also manage to exploit and get a ton of laurels to get my ascended gear. I also decide that I want a few legendaries for personal use so I use bots to farm the materials for me.

Since me doing this doesn’t affect others, then it must be okay? I hardly doubt many people would see it that way.

I agree that portals should be allowed but it’s uses within the jumping puzzle should be limited so it’s not abused.

Everything in this game is optional. I get so annoyed when people make that argument “It’s optional….you don’t HAVE to do it!” Yes it is optional, so why get so worried about it not being completed the way you think it should be? Yes I’m sure there are many that haven’t done any jumping puzzles, because they choose not to. So good for them.

You equate portals to exploiting which is flawed. Portaling in a JP would have already been dealt with if it was seen as an exploit. It’s not like all of a sudden people are portaling in JPs, that’s been happening since release. If portaling in general was an exploit it wouldn’t be a class mechanic. Mesmers portal the boulder run in CoF all the time…….is that an exploit? Are they not completing content the way developers have designed it? Mesmers portal people into garrisons and keeps in WvW….is that an exploit? They aren’t getting in by conventional means.

As a previous poster mentioned, it just seems as though you have issue with it because it makes your accomplishment diminished in some way. I agree that is your issue not other players. My accomplishments are my own and I don’t need others to validate them for me.

in Suggestions

Dan.2940

Since me doing this doesn’t affect others, then it must be okay? I hardly doubt many people would see it that way.

The reward is a exotic shoulderpiece that is SOULBOUND. The reason so many people want to complete the jump puzzle is to obtain this reward for their own personal gain, you cannot exploit it because it cannot be sold for more than 3 silver.

Now lets say we have an older player who just wants to complete his exotic set but has a hard time with jump puzzles. You’re basically saying, either spend a huge amount of time attempting this puzzle or too bad for you, no reward?

What about people who only have 1 hand to play with and can only play the game casually? You saying that they should just avoid the Jump puzzle in general even though the chest contains an exotic reward?

I’m sorry but i still don’t see your point. Jump puzzle rewards are not valuable enough to be an exploit, and the exotic pieces that are valuable are always soulbound. Nerfing portal in JP’s would only make you feel better about completing the puzzle.

Ehmry Bay

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

You can call the new puzzle “optional,” sure. In that sense, your personal story is “optional” too. Dungeons are “optional,” playing the whole game is “optional.” But you know what? The game plasters a giant letter over everyone’s screen and says DO THIS. It’s on the checklist for the current event. It’s, arguably, part of the Living Story. Saying “oh, you don’t HAVE to do it” just makes you a snob.

Besides, jumping puzzle rewards are scaled with the idea that they can be camped, portaled, and just plain bypassed with skills like jump shot, so this can be considered working as intended. If you want them to “fix” puzzles, start by giving me a guaranteed rare every time I do the southsun vents puzzle.

in Suggestions

Ayrilana.1396

I’ll stress my point again. Just because something doesn’t affect someone else, doesn’t mean that it is right. Once again, just because something doesn’t affect someone else, doesn’t mean that it is right. I knew I should’ve been more clearer in my example since people would focus on the exploit part. That’s my fault in that matter.

The reward is irrelevant in my point. It was the action or means to get to the objective, whether it be gear or the end of a jumping puzzle, which I was stressing. I made it a point to state that everything was for personal use so the argument about the shoulderpads being sold for 3 silver doesn’t apply. Please correct me if you feel it should.

in Suggestions

CelebrityX.7014

I’ll stress my point again. Just because something doesn’t affect someone else, doesn’t mean that it is right. Once again, just because something doesn’t affect someone else, doesn’t mean that it is right.

It also doesn’t make it wrong because you say it’s wrong. I think the final say on the matter is ANET’s and so far by their non-action I can gather they don’t see this as a problem or they see it as working as intended.

in Suggestions

Ayrilana.1396

Yes everything in this game is optional. In fact, everything in life is optional. You always have a choice. Does this justify that things that are wrong can be done? No.

Mesmer portals in jumping puzzles likely has not been dealt with compared to exploits as the end results are different. They have more important things. However, this doesn’t mean that Mesmer portals is what they intended or using them to bypass content is right.

in Suggestions

Ayrilana.1396

I’ll stress my point again. Just because something doesn’t affect someone else, doesn’t mean that it is right. Once again, just because something doesn’t affect someone else, doesn’t mean that it is right.

It also doesn’t make it wrong because you say it’s wrong. I think the final say on the matter is ANET’s and so far by their non-action I can gather they don’t see this as a problem or they see it as working as intended.

Yes. Ultimately it is up to Anet to decide what is right or wrong in the game. However, non-action doesn’t necessarily mean that is their stance. We’ll never know until they give an official stance on the issue.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Happysack.7132

Happysack.7132

People will always find something to complain about.

Some mesmers use the portal for a safety net when doing jps. I like having it when doing some jps like the south sun jp or the new one for good examples, some times I think I wont make a jump so I lay a portal down, try the jump and fail then I can try again.

Why do you wana take that away from us?

in Suggestions

CelebrityX.7014

Yes everything in this game is optional. In fact, everything in life is optional. You always have a choice. Does this justify that things that are wrong can be done? No.

Mesmer portals in jumping puzzles likely has not been dealt with compared to exploits as the end results are different. They have more important things. However, this doesn’t mean that Mesmer portals is what they intended or using them to bypass content is right.

May I ask: What you think the purpose of a portal is if not to bypass content? I’m just curious as to what you see it’s function as.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

The reward is irrelevant in my point. It was the action or means to get to the objective, whether it be gear or the end of a jumping puzzle, which I was stressing. I made it a point to state that everything was for personal use so the argument about the shoulderpads being sold for 3 silver doesn’t apply. Please correct me if you feel it should.

I guess I’d correct you here because it seems like “the objective” you state is subjective for each player. Some players lke jps and accomplishing them. Others like the gear rewards, achievement awards. Still others like giving it a try with friends, and when they can’t finish, they enjoy getting help to the end. The “it’s only 3s” bit matters to people because they’re saying “the money is the only part that really affects the balance of the game.” But you believe it’s cheating to get to the end with a portal, and that cheating is wrong, and that wrongness should override the other points. Fair enough.

Personally though I’m glad we’re still given other ways to participate in jps even if we suck at them (I do) and I hope the lack of official smack down about it from Anet means they think so too.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

You must have an extremely poor opinion of ANet if you think it never occurred to them during development that they can be used to take people to the ends of jumping puzzles—that’s like saying they aren’t aware that weapon skills do damage. Moving multiple other players across terrain and past obstacles is what it does. It could easily be like other teleport skills and only function on places you can walk between, but it doesn’t. Engineer’s jump shot could easily not provide an actual 700-800 range pinpoint jump… in fact, it was recently bugged so this was the case. It was fixed.

Everything points to portal working exactly as intended, making jumping puzzles inclusive for those who want to experience them in such a way.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Braxis.8396

Braxis.8396

You’re thinking only about yourself, not all people got a good computer with high fps, most of those people using portals make jp only once and then prey that they will never have to do it again. I know that there are young people with great skill that make all jp on first or second try, but if you get old one day and your hands will shake and not always act like you want you will see why people love mesmers and their portals.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

How is exactly not wanting portals being used to trivialize OPTIONAL content being selfish and anti-social?

So you’d rather make a personal attack on me rather than make a constructive argument against my suggestion?

LoL~~ that escalated quickly.

I personally dont see why TS is getting upset. The people who ported them up actually spent their personal efforts to climb up and is not complaining about the efforts they put in and the money they spent in wp-ing just to help others in completing that JP. These people are not paid to do this but they actually went ahead to do it.

It just seems to me that TS has a self-imposed justice and “right” way of doing things. Again, TS fail to understand that the majority just want to play the game as it is and helping others along the way. If one want to jump the JP through their own efforts, is fine. If one want to offer assistance such as portal, thats fine too. If one want to accept their offer, is fine too. All of them made their own personal decisions to do what they want to do in their own ways. However, TS suggestion is literally forcing everything into one single way because it is “right”.

Of course, I hope that TS understand the suggestion might actually bring frustration to people who are just plain bad in JP for whatever reason. Ultimately, if the suggestion is to be put in place, it will affect EBG JP and that will cause yet another round of agony to people who are there just to grab some blueprints and tokens which to be use in a bigger content like WvW.

PS: try reading “categorical imperative”

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lodius.5392

Lodius.5392

How is this considered a problem?

I’m guessing you are one of the people that want all of the farming spots to be gone to…

in Suggestions

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

Ayrilana, what I’d like to know is why do you care?

in Suggestions

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I made it up to the goggles several times without portal but died trying to hit the water.

I happily took a mes portal to the goggles a couple more times. Made it more bearable.

Once someone can complete it, it really isn’t a challenge and more of a bore to get to something that can kill you several times. The only challenge I had was to navigate through the air and I’d rather get to the end at that point to re-try a lot quicker than once every 20 minutes.

I disagree with your suggestion and I have no problems with people using portals for jumping puzzles.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Here’s my take on a constructive argument. Not all PC’s are created equal. For example, I have a desktop computer that is pretty fast and can run GW2 fine. I have an older laptop that can run PvE content ok, but can’t do WvW.

Using my laptop produces a lower framerate that makes it impossible to do jumping puzzles. I know it’s the laptop and not me because I can to them fine on my desktop.

Therefore, things like a mesmer portal may be the only way that some people (those with slower computers) will ever get the shoulderpads / achievement points / or whatever. Still other people can’t do jumping puzzles for squat. For whatever reason they suck at them. They also rely on portals to get the achievements and prize.

For some people, porting these people to the end of the puzzle makes them feel good because they are helping their fellow gamer out. For others, porting is a way to earn tips.

Having portals does not harm anyone, but helps other people. Therefore, they should stay in the game.

My second argument is that what good is a skill that gets disabled under the only PvE circumstance that anyone would want to to use it?

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

(edited by TooBz.3065)

in Suggestions

Ayrilana.1396

LoL~~ that escalated quickly.

The posts were deleted. That’s why it doesn’t make much sense.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Because taking the portal is itself optional. I did this Jumping Puzzle while refusing to take other peoples portals. (I used my own as safety nets for when i fell). If you want the challenge, then don’t take the portal. However, many people like to portal as a team (I enjoy taking a few guildmates on a Jumping Puzzle run and portaling them as they get stuck.

It is selfish, because you are putting your own desires above everyone elses. Why this matters is because you taking the portal is optional. With the current method, everyone can be happy (you do not take portal, other people do). With your proposed method, only the few are happy.

in Suggestions

Ayrilana.1396

So jumping puzzles aside, exploiting the game in PvE is okay then? It’s optional since you can choose not to do it. It doesn’t affect other players experience. You’re being selfish for saying they can’t exploit. Maybe they can’t play often because of a condition or lack the time to play and don’t want to be left behind.

So I guess those reasons justify it?

in Suggestions

Dan.2940

So jumping puzzles aside, exploiting the game in PvE is okay then? It’s optional since you can choose not to do it. It doesn’t affect other players experience. You’re being selfish for saying they can’t exploit. Maybe they can’t play often because of a condition or lack the time to play and don’t want to be left behind.

You’re once again bringing the topic to exploiting, yet it is not in the slightest bit exploiting so you can’t even compare the two. I’m not sure what you would gain from the portals being removed anyways so why are you making a big stink about it? Literally nothing in the game would change except for more annoyed players who cant do the JP and come to the forums to whine about it, and the JP being overpopulated so people would be complaining about not being able to see where they have to jump to (etc).

Suggesting to change something in the game that only maybe 10% of the population is complaining about, and that would make a lot more people unhappy is not logical. Whether you believe that porting is “wrong” or not, it has no effect on you or anyone else, you can choose to walk or drive your car but in the end everyone gets to the same destination.

Ehmry Bay

in Suggestions

Jemmi.6058

The biggest difference is most exploits do effect the community as a whole. Most commonly, exploits will have a negative effect on the economy. Therefore, the consequences of the exploits are not optional.

If you can convince me that there is a non-optional consequence that negatively affects you when I port my friend to the end of a JP, please tell me. This negative consequence should be significant enough to warrant lessening the game experience for both my friend and I.

I’m all ears.

in Suggestions

CelebrityX.7014

Again, you equate JP portaling to exploiting. We’ll have to agree to disagree. I don’t condone exploits whether they affect others or not. I see portaling in JPs as working as intended. If this was not a desired use of the portal would they not have attempted to correct this when they made the change to the EB JP?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

With the release of the newest jumping puzzle, this issue has become more apparent.

You forgot something, people only use these portals IF they want, you can get there and do your jumping all the way upon your own ignoring them.
If anything having portals for lazy people helps thin them at the actual jumping bits, so they don’t get in a way of people that wanna do it for themselves.

Besides the exotic shoulders only drop once per toon and are souldbound, its not like its doing anything negative for the economy.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

in Suggestions

Ayrilana.1396

So if a Mesmer can create a portal from the beginning of a dungeon to the end, then that is okay and working as intended?

It’s not known if the devs intended for players to use portals to bypass entire jumping puzzles. Silence on their part doesn’t mean they support it nor does it mean they don’t. This is far from being a pressing issue but I thought I would bring it up.

I find it wrong to skip entire content and that’s my personal belief. I also believe it was not the dev’s intention to have mesmers portal people to the end of jumping puzzles. I think of the portal abuse to be the same as exploiting although not as extreme. Think of it as a felony compared to a misdemeanor.

Thank you to everyone for expressing your views on this topic.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Braxis.8396

Braxis.8396

Ayrilana you again think only about it from your point of view, try think as one of my friend who tried make puzzle for 2 hours, and when he almost reached chest did get d/c during jump (died) and had to do everything again. Mesmer portals were add to game because game makers did know that many people will have to big problem to make it on their own.

in Suggestions

Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana you again think only about it from your point of view, try think as one of my friend who tried make puzzle for 2 hours, and when he almost reached chest did get d/c during jump (died) and had to do everything again. Mesmer portals were add to game because game makers did know that many people will have to big problem to make it on their own.

That’s an assumption why they were added. Just because someone struggles on something doesn’t mean they can then justify abusing something. If people could attack Mai without taking damage by using a terrain exploit, would they be justified since they struggled?

in Suggestions

Jemmi.6058

That’s an assumption why they were added. Just because someone struggles on something doesn’t mean they can then justify abusing something. If people could attack Mai without taking damage by using a terrain exploit, would they be justified since they struggled?

A closer analogy would be, if someone could attack Mai without taking damage by using a skill that evades or creates invulnerability.

Wait, they can.

in Suggestions

Posted by: AtlasSi.9130

AtlasSi.9130

So if a Mesmer can create a portal from the beginning of a dungeon to the end, then that is okay and working as intended?

It’s not known if the devs intended for players to use portals to bypass entire jumping puzzles. Silence on their part doesn’t mean they support it nor does it mean they don’t. This is far from being a pressing issue but I thought I would bring it up.

I find it wrong to skip entire content and that’s my personal belief. I also believe it was not the dev’s intention to have mesmers portal people to the end of jumping puzzles. I think of the portal abuse to be the same as exploiting although not as extreme. Think of it as a felony compared to a misdemeanor.

Thank you to everyone for expressing your views on this topic.

Sorry. But, some people (including me) don’t have a computer that can handle somethings in this game well. So, by making us do harder jps with 1 to 3 fps is considered right? Personally, I’d never do the content if it wasn’t for portals. I do take the portals in jps, only after I’ve tried and failed…because I can’t do jps with the low fps.

18 80s | 12 100% | r177 | wvw r970 | 9,000+ hours
BP → DR → FA → Mag → BP → FA

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

Always a bad apple wanting to screw things up for others.. Always thinking about your own means and to hell with everyone else.. What is it to you that they use it to help their fellow players? The use of those portals isn’t in anyway affecting your game play. So just leave it be. I don’t like rotten apples..

Together we stand in the face of evil!

in Suggestions

Posted by: EagleDelta.4726

EagleDelta.4726

Exploiting is not OK, but these aren’t exploits. It’s called ingenuity – people are using the skills in the game to complete objectives in the game. That is normal – they have no advantage in using the portals. They don’t get something you don’t and they don’t get it entirely any easier – they still have to get up there to place the portal. If what you’re saying is true, then the entire Mesmer portal skill is an exploit in and of itself because it allows players to “skip” content. I call it strategy. Part of playing a game is to use your skills and surroundings to your advantage.

in Suggestions

Eladriel.7295

It is being selfish for the mere fact it does not affect you and your game play in anyway As far as the anti social part.. Well a player playing a mesmer know they don’t have to put portal down, but they do for helpful reasons. By you opting to have the portals changed to prevent the use of portals in jumping puzzles makes it selfish and anti social as you don’t care to help out your fellow gamers. Portals are very helpful for players who try to do the puzzle and continue to fall and become frustrated by them.. I hate them.. they suck.. but I am willing to try for a while, but after a while I will take a port.. Another question is… Who are you to dictate that I can or can not take a portal to the chest? Who are you tell tell the mesmer they can or can not send me a portal? You aren’t my dictator nor anyone elses.. Players like you have no regards to their fellow players.. You opt for change of things and don’t regard the affect it will have on other players or you don’t care what the affect is as long as you get the end results in your corner. That is selfish. I don’t like people who give little or no regard for their fellow gamers. I don’t like bad apples..

in Suggestions

Eladriel.7295

I’ll stress my point again. Just because something doesn’t affect someone else, doesn’t mean that it is right. Once again, just because something doesn’t affect someone else, doesn’t mean that it is right. I knew I should’ve been more clearer in my example since people would focus on the exploit part. That’s my fault in that matter.

Who told you it was wrong? You? Are you the law? Who gave you the authority to outlaw porting? Hardly… Just because you find porting wrong in your eyes doesn’t make it so and not everyone will agree with you. Sounds like a personal problem you need to get past. . Cry a river build a bridge and get over it.

in Suggestions

Eladriel.7295

OMG! There’s not talking to you is there? There are skills that ward off damage, are they exploits too?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Euthymia.4807

Euthymia.4807

The solution to the discussion is simple.

If YOU don’t like it, then YOU don’t use it. It’s as simple as that.

I don’t see how someone using a portal to get through a jumping puzzle they’ve tried to get through for the past hour, and just can’t due to lag, a handicap, or some other reason affects YOU in any way, shape or form.

They aren’t bothering you in any way, so don’t use the portals if you don’t like them and mind your own business.

I could see a reason to whine about the portals if people were using it somehow to block access to the chest, but they aren’t.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GoDaddy.5671

GoDaddy.5671

As a mesmer I can say I did all options. I did the puzzle manually, I took other mesmer portals and I provided portals for others. It was a satisfying and fun experience with each method. Ayrilana is, IMO, wrong in her belief that portals used in JPs are exploits. One thing is unarguable: 500 more posts saying she is wrong will still not change her opinion. And you know what? I’m just fine with that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Already a post on the mesmer forums but ok.

Btw it’s not trivial if the mesmer had to make it up there in the first place.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wolfey.3407

Wolfey.3407

Only Nerf I can see happening to portals that wouldn’t cause to much rage is forcing it to only work on:
-Your Self & your party members

Which would be fine and acceptable, would force people to join the mesmers party to use his or her service but ’ey, would prevent others from QQ because they hit “F” while running around.

Former PvP Forum Specialist
2015-2016
Fort Aspenwood