Simple: Brainstorm Ideas!

Koda

Edit: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kodan

(edited by Punch.3507)

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: Knyx.4239

Knyx.4239

and Kodan’s Could share his town city with Norns..

Knyx – Thief – [uPT] @ Seafarer’s Rest
Google “Grow uP” e Faz a Apply..!
Play Hard, Live Fast, Win Moar..!

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: Decomposing Brains.7538

Decomposing Brains.7538

my bet for the next race (and seems logical due to so many places they are seen and despite not appearing often they are still a “major race”) is the tengu

Alice Calieru
Thief – Support
Never drink with the apothecary, you can’t know what she puts on your drink…

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Tengu or Koda seem to be a likely playable race, as they are the only 2 in Guild Wars 2 who possess enough intelligence to have a story as such. Skritt and Hylek seem highly unlikely. I would definitely play Koda for sure

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: Erthrak.4039

Erthrak.4039

I would so play a Skritt. they aren’t the smartest, but they would be fun. Stuff stuff stuff!!!!

However I would prefer Tengu.

Vral Grymfang, Vrelen Human, Treland Riverheart, Leif Dragonbourne.
[iLL]usion

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

I think all of the ‘racial sympathy’ races already in-game (ogres, quaggan, skritt, hylek, and grawl) would be very fun to play and discover more about their cultures.

Tengu, Kodan, and Largos are all awesome, too.

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Kodan or Tengu would be the most likely MAYBE Hylek

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

skritt should never become playable…… tengu should

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

In case people missed the over tones of Skritt they grow smarter with the larger society they live in among themselves. The lower the population or mixed the intelligence drops. It is a Hive mind mentality out look there. So as an adventuring race you would gradually grow un-intelligent the longer you spent time away form the cultural hive. They have a great story plot behind them…. just not great for playing in my opinion.

As much as I love the Kodan not Koda (as Koda is their god) I am almost positive they will bring in the Tengu before the Kodan.

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

It is toadally possible that hyleks will be a playable race.

That’s my hope. Although Tengu is also a good chance to be playable.

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

Largos

And me adding words so they allow me to post.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kantharr.2308

Kantharr.2308

I think all of the ‘racial sympathy’ races already in-game (ogres, quaggan, skritt, hylek, and grawl) would be very fun to play and discover more about their cultures.

Tengu, Kodan, and Largos are all awesome, too.

I agree, any of those races would be fun to play.

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Problem with Kodan is that they have no variation, so until we see some black bear kodan, I seriously doubt them being playable. Tengu are currently the only race with as much variety as current playable races, and they have a major city right next to the current starter zones. Skritt are just a plain no, too unintelligent.

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: Anchorwind.9016

Anchorwind.9016

What came after Prophecies? Factions. What comes after we break down Zhaitan’s blockade of Cantha? Access to Tengu and cleaning up the Ministry of Purity’s mess.

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Lord Aargadon.4135

^Never thought about that but he/she does have a point. Unfortunately we still have Bubbles/DSD and the remaining Risen navy still in the way.

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: mnwolfboy.9348

mnwolfboy.9348

Tengu i guess were originly going to be in guild wars 2 but the decided not too, i would think Tengu have the highest probabilty of becoming next race. Quagons, Hyleck, Grawl, Skirtt, and simlar races are considered lower races so there is high doubt they will ever become playable.

I also agree with Lord Aargadon on Kodan have no variation, i had explained this once before with one of my friends that so far they all look the same, there be not much to customize. But we will see what ArenaNet as up there sleeve.

I think a aquatic or reptile race should be introduced as a playable race. And the starting city could be complete submerged underwater.

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: schizandra.4587

schizandra.4587

I haven’t even gotten around to meeting the largos in game, my chars are still pretty low level. But they would be my #1 choice for a new playable race. They look amazing and there is plenty of room for customization. Tengu would be my 2nd choice, but they’ll probably come out first.

It seems to me that the most likely candidates are the races NOT on the sympathy list.

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Honestly what i really want I’ll never get . I want to play as one of the Seers from GW1

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Lord Aargadon.4135

Haha, don’t get too down in the dumps, I would not be suprised to see a couple missions that let you play minor races, Tengu(only considered minor here if they don’t ever get implemented) Hylek, kodan, skritt, largos seem likely since they already have a decent amount of animations and potentially good story, with grawl, ogres, and maybe some mobs(risen/zombie and crytal corruption mini-games?) having their own spotlight.

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Tengu and Kodan are both acceptable proposals in my opinion.

I say no to ogres, skritt, hylek and grawl, and quaggan as playable races.

Largos as a species, I just find to be silly, and I would prefer not to see them as a playable race.

I would really like to see some sort of lore/an expansion where all of the Dwarves that were once turned to stone during the battle of the Great Destroyer are shown to be re-instated as living.
It is sort of upsetting to let such a valuable civilized race just evaporate from GW lore.

I hope that when the new content for Primordus is released they also bring back the Dwarves somehow. …and I still have hope since Ogden still exists, although stone.

I think that with every new expansion, it would be a good idea to add a new race.
Expansion + race combos as follows:

Jormag (Icebrood) + Kodan
Unnamed Sea Dragon (yet to be seen) + Tengu
Primordus (Destroyers) + Dwarves
Kralkatorrik (Branded) + Centaur (Veldrunner)

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wrei Mors Les.8406

Wrei Mors Les.8406

Tengu and Kodan are both acceptable proposals in my opinion.

I say no to ogres, skritt, hylek and grawl, and quaggan as playable races.

Largos as a species, I just find to be silly, and I would prefer not to see them as a playable race.

I would really like to see some sort of lore/an expansion where all of the Dwarves that were once turned to stone during the battle of the Great Destroyer are shown to be re-instated as living.
It is sort of upsetting to let such a valuable civilized race just evaporate from GW lore.

I hope that when the new content for Primordus is released they also bring back the Dwarves somehow. …and I still have hope since Ogden still exists, although stone.

I think that with every new expansion, it would be a good idea to add a new race.
Expansion + race combos as follows:

Jormag (Icebrood) + Kodan
Unnamed Sea Dragon (yet to be seen) + Tengu
Primordus (Destroyers) + Dwarves
Kralkatorrik (Branded) + Centaur (Veldrunner)

Personally I’d say yes to ogres in lieu of centaurs for the reasons:

1) There are peaceful tribes (I’ve yet to run into any ‘collective’ friendly centaurs).
2) They train more ranger pet varieties (raptors and rock dogs!!!!)
3) They can train GIANT siege devourers (who wouldn’t want THAT as a elite racial summon?)
4) For a tribal race they are fairly intelligent (compared to grawls).
5) This race has a larger grudge against Kralkatorrik than most other npc races (due to loss of homeland to the Branded).

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Personally I’d say yes to ogres in lieu of centaurs for the reasons:

1) There are peaceful tribes (I’ve yet to run into any ‘collective’ friendly centaurs).
2) They train more ranger pet varieties (raptors and rock dogs!!!!)
3) They can train GIANT siege devourers (who wouldn’t want THAT as a elite racial summon?)
4) For a tribal race they are fairly intelligent (compared to grawls).
5) This race has a larger grudge against Kralkatorrik than most other npc races (due to loss of homeland to the Branded).

I still don’t like the idea of ogres.

If you look where the dragon flew off to…. and landed…. that’s Crystal Desert/Elona.

I had the hardest time choosing that race out of all of the ones I listed…. and went with it because I simply could not think of another race that was present in Guild Wars lore that would be found in that region.

That area was pretty much already desolate during GW1, with the exception of the forgotten/enchanted race (which I believe are all long gone by now)

…and centaurs. Losaru and Veldrunner are both from that region, you could even get a Veldrunner Hero.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Zhed_Shadowhoof

True centaurs hate humans…. but the Charr and the humans had a pretty heated history as well… Humans are just unliked by most races.

Centaurs are also responsible for the Sylvari race, so those two are almost certain to get along..
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ventari

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

Would be nice if people considered that , Anet did not even spent much time on reskins for charr.

Most armors simple got human design and that is it.

I think Anet is at least capable to notice that , they should add races with human figure so the armors fit. Cause they wont be remaking pretty much every single piece of armor over others (like they already showed).

So better keep races human like , cause going past that is unlikely to happen , and even if it does … will mostly look weird.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: Space Monkey Pilot.7135

Space Monkey Pilot.7135

I would kill to play Hylek! I love the rarely used “frog/lizzard men” races. Even back in the old d&d days they were always my top pick!

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Lord Aargadon.4135

Found out a new point why some races won’t work while reading Nox’s post. A lot of races don’t even wear conventional armor. Ogres, centuar, and skritt are a few supposedly potential majors that don’t. Ogres wear rags and leather for the most part. Centuars wear sometimes armor on back and chest, but thats only two slots that would need total redesign for armor. Skritt mainly wear only ragged pants.

For those that do wear actual armor, Hylek do have full armor, and Tengu do also, Tengu needing more work for individual sets seeing that Hylek have similar size and body stance to Charr while Tengu have large amounts of feathers protruding from shoulders, arms, and head, and having reverse bi-ped legs rather than normal bi-ped legs like the current races.

So yet again, this leaves Hylek, Kodan, and Tengu at the top.

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Tengu is almost certainly going to be the next playable race. They were actually slated to be the 6th playable race at launch, but were cut due to a lack of time. (You can see the evidence for this in Dominion of Winds and the way the map layout is set up.)

I wouldn’t mind the Koda as a playable race, although I think they have too much thematic overlap with the Norn (arctic-dwelling, bear-like, huge, strong race) to make them distinct enough.

Unfortunately Hylek were created from the start to be a non-player race, according to the Art of GW2 book, which means it’s very unlikely that we’ll see them become a playable race. Likewise, while I would love for Skritt to become a playable race, their Hive intelligence and the fact that they become more stupid the further they are away from members of their species means that we’re very unlikely to see them become a player race. Another problem is that male and female members of both species are just about impossible to distinguish from each other, which is a big drawback as far as player aesthetics are concerned.

I doubt that Largos or Quaggan will become playable races either, since as aquatic races, it wouldn’t really make sense for them to be spending extended periods of time away from the water questing.

Centaurs are a possibility, especially if there is an Elonian expansion that centers around Palawa Joko and the remnants of the Sunspear/Veldrunner tribes that are still resisting him. However, it probably won’t happen given how much the centaurs are built up as Humanity’s foes in their origin stories. Their large size and unusual model might also make it hard for them to do jumping puzzles.

The last race I’d love to see become playable would be the Naga, perhaps with a Canthan expansion. Models already exist in the Krait, and the Krait Witch shows that male and female serpentoids look visually distinct enough from each other for them to be viable player characters. Unlike the krait, naga seem to be a primarily land-dwelling species from what I can recall in Factions, and they could still jump by coiling up their bodies and propelling themselves upwards with their tails.

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

Jotun/Ogres for me, love the more ‘barbaric’ type races (even if they aren’t technically). But they would be more disadvantaged in pvp than Norn already are

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

Tengu seems to be the more likely next playable race, they have one of their city entrances inside a starter lv 1-15 zone and a trading post right on the entrance, just like the other races cities

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

To be a playable race, a race must:
- Being one of the ‘greater races’, not be one of the so-called ‘lesser races’ (skritt, ogre, hylek, quaggan, grawl, jotun, krait, centaur, harpy, most giants, etc). Lesser races are more primitive and have less complex culture and society, and are less likely to compass all professions and build cities.
A greater race must be so complex and diverse that you can frequently find members of any profession among them, and to have active commerce and even trading with other races.

• Examples of Greater and other powerful races are: Human, Charr, Norn, Asura, Sylvari, Tengu, Largos, Kodan, Naga (if they recovered and rebuilt their society after the Jade Wind curse was broken instead becoming hostile like krait), Dredge, Mursaat, and Forgotten.

Mursaat and Forgotten are only spellcasters, so they can’t be playable, but they are still advanced races.

- Have variety in their appearance.
What does this mean? It means that if they all look too alike like Dredge or Kodan, they are not a good choice for a race.

All Dredge are hairless, pink and with vestigial eyes, so you would not be able to customize them much.

All Kodan look like humanoid polar bears, so all of them are white, an only some of them have things like body paintings.

We don’t know how much Largos faces and skin can change, but at least there’s hair, and where there’s hair there’s hair styles, and we haven’t seen many of them to know if there’s variety in wing patters, hair colors and skins, so they are a good choice.

In GW2 Tengu all share the same model with some coloring, but from GW1 and artwork we know that there’s a lot of variety in Tengu heads that look like Hawks, Eagles, and other birds of prey, some artwork even tried things like parrots.

And Naga, unlike krait, had the remnants of their previous fisher and trader culture in GW1, an you could find nagas of any profession. They had become nomads an bandits and hostile to humans after losing their homes and their families, but you could find any profession among them.
They could have went both ways, either becoming more tribal or becoming more civilized.
But if they did recover and build a city like tengu in these 250 years, they have more humanoid faces than krait, and lots of variety in appearance since they are themed after snakes, with things like cobra hoods and snake skin patterns.
And don’t worry about them dodging and moving like the other races. Some snakes can jump, and many are able to jump even if they never do, they just never tried.

The Veldrunner centaur would be another option, depending on how well the free Veldrunner centaurs of Elona managed to survive and advance over the years.

Among all these 4, the Tengu are the ones that are best choice for a playable race.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azzrael Deathbane.4965

Azzrael Deathbane.4965

This is not going to happen, but i though i would put it out there for comments:

Destroyers

“Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I’ll ever know.
Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day.”

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: Techmatic.3472

Techmatic.3472

Feel free to check my Enjin forum about Kodan Roleplay ( if you like Roleplaying!)

And I prefer Kodan to next race!

http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/forum/m/2737230/viewthread/5930014-kodan-roleplay/page/1

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Mhm, don’t any of you think they’ll add a new race that doesn’t exist as of yet?
The sylvari are as new as you can possible think, they were invented for the game.
Why wouldn’t they do that again, but in one of the places where we haven’t been yet? Atm we’ve seen Kryta+Shiverpeaks+Ascalon+Orr+Maguuma (Tyria).
There’s still Elona (Istan, Kourna & Vabbi) & Cantha (Kaineng, Shin Jea, Jade Sea) to go.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: DragonMind.2983

DragonMind.2983

Asuran being very good at science, and since there is one dwarf left,
I would like an epic Asuran event that saved that dwarf and possible
cloned him in such a way we got dwarves as playable races.

Looking at what different devices Asuran have made, it is possible :-)

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Even if it may sound rude… just my opinion about all this… no offense to anybody who likes them …

forget please forever these junk races ,like Kodan, Largos, Centaurs, Orgres, Hyleks and so on… they will never be playable !

Most of them are just lesser races, which will be always just only a part for the greater races in their personal story and that is somethhing anet has already stated if I can remember right on that, that these races will be always part of the personal story system and nothing more.
Same goes with races, which are enemies..so the current centaur tribes like Modniir, Harathi and so on. Anet would have to invent a new peaceful tribe just to make them fit and eben then theres still the armory problem.. it would be a class that needs complete new modelings for armory….too much effort

tengus are from all possibilities the best which fulfill everything, that a new playable race needs..

They have the variation of classes
They have their own citiy already, which is curretnly only not reachable
They have the needed customization variety already, shown in artworks as also ingame
They have their very own CLEAN lore, that isn’t based onto an already playable race, like those crappy obsolete Kodan.

Any other new palyable race after the Tengus MUST fullfill the same conditions to have the right to be a playable race. Anything that doesn’t fulfill these basic conditions, should NEVER become a playable race.

like Sirendor I’m also for it, that anet should implement, if they implement somethign at all after Tengus, then they should add something totally NEW that will become a new partner for the unified pact forces as they found them on other continents.

New continents, like the missing UTOPIA!!
And by the way we already have now the proof, that Tyria (the world) is much much bigger, than we ever thought it is..there’s so much more, than only Tyria, Cantha and Elona …
Many space where new playable races can be found, about which we know nothing yet lore based.
The Largos do look like, as if their homeland is Cantha, their are a few in the game, most of them being skill point challenges, so hostile… only 1 is part of the personal story for..wow 1 mission basically

I have absolutely no clue, what Anet has thought about it adding such an obsolete race, they are even more obsolete, than Kodans are.
If anet would wipe out Kodans and Largos in some kind of world changing event forever..man I know I’d be happy.. I’d definetely not miss these worthless races ever…
Lets get them destroyed by Jormag please and get so much reduced, that you can say they become races, which will die out !!!

We have yet to see the homelands of the Mursaat. We don’t know what has become out of them within the last 250 years. But i believe its better not to make them playable at all, they don’t fit to the basic conditions either.

No, just adding something completely new is I think the absolute best way after addign Tengus.
GW2 needs something reptilic looking, that is amphibic also, some kind of underwater race, that doesn’t look so weird like largos with their silly wings, more like typical fish men… (rember Zoras in Zelda)

Somethign like this mixed together with Zora Design, but only visually changed a bit so that nobody can scream for copyright problems…
http://th02.deviantart.net/fs40/PRE/f/2009/052/3/f/3f3702d6e1f455025c461a470b1afe66.jpg

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090113050251/nintendo/en/images/7/73/Zora.jpg

Making these become their first enemies
http://walakanomm.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/sahaugin.jpg – Sahagins
They would be, what centaurs are to humans, just their beginning enemies.

I can strongly believe into something like this becoming playable, once we are going to fight against the still nameless deep sea dragon, where it surely would be a great help for the unified pact forces to have help from an intelligent greater race, that lives under water, but has no problems by going also onto land being amphibic.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I would most like skritt. I think the most likely added is Tengu.

I honestly do not object to any of them being added as playable because I love variety.

The only sticking point for me is the number of classes we have. Does that limit us with playable races? I don’t know, but I don’t see myself making duplicate classes just to have different races/species to play.

Additionally, there needs to be variety in appearance, and the ability to wear armor and use weapons. I do hope at least a few are added in.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

(edited by Katz.5143)

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Tengu without a doubt are being added; Anet has a blocked off zone made especially for them. There may be nothing official, but its one of those gut feelings. Koda are a close second. They will need to add customizability to them, though.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: supermanboy.4592

supermanboy.4592

Please, please Anet make Skritt a playable race! I’d immediately delete my thief and make him a Skritt! Just imagine given how creative Anet is how interesting and fun the Skritt story will be. There is so much depth and potential to work with.

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: ShadowNinja.4912

ShadowNinja.4912

My dream race: Destroyers

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skillica.2731

Skillica.2731

Very good idea ! ^^

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bron.9647

Bron.9647

I think the most likely new playable races will be Tengu and Kodan and I would not mind seeing either of these races as playable.

The Tengu are already pretty much set up to become playable, with a starter city (situated near a starter area), a lot of previous lore allowing for quite a bit of depth, a tendency to pursue various professions, lots of customization options, and a very good reason to join the other major races in the fight against the elder dragons (we know they’re already being attacked by Primordus and they’re right next to LA, which means they’re prime targets for Zhaitan and Bubbles, as well).

The Kodan would obviously need a lot more customization possibilities but, considering they’re still pretty new and we haven’t seen TOO much of them, it’s very possible for there to be quite a bit of variety. Plus as was mentioned in a previous post, the Tengu basically used all the same model in Guild Wars 1 but there has been a lot of variety added for them in Guild Wars 2, so why can’t the Kodan have variety added as well. The Kodan also have a lot of untapped story-line potential, a tendency to pursue various professions, and are just as oppressed by Jormag as the Norn, if not more-so (so they would have a very good reason to join in the fight against the elder dragons).

Centaurs would be a neat player race (with the introduction of a friendly Veldrunner tribe), but they present too many technical difficulties, like armor re-skins, animations (like Death Blossom and Whirlwind), underwater combat (can you imagine a horse swimming underwater? I guess this is more of a practicality problem, though), and centaurs doing jumping puzzles (talk about awkward looking). Plus, the lore of the game just doesn’t support centaurs becoming a playable race. Unfortunately, even with the introduction of a friendly Veldrunner tribe, there likely wouldn’t be enough of an increase in friendly centaurs to justify a large number of centaur players running around the map (which would kill game immersion). I just don’t see centaurs as a playable race, ever in Guild Wars 2…though I agree it would be neat to play as one.

As for the Largos, I’m honestly not sure if they should become a playable race or not. I suppose they could go either way, it largely depends on what we learn about them in the future. So far, the little I’ve learned about their culture suggests that they would make awesome thieves, but I just can’t see them as necromancers, engineers, or elementalists. Their society seems to highly value stealth, precision of execution, physical prowess, and the lone wolf mentality (which just doesn’t fit with some professions). Of course, I have to admit, I was surprised at the addition of spell-casting Norns (in Guild Wars 1, Norns always seemed to highly value physical prowess and looked down on most spell-casting as weak). So, maybe with the introduction of difficult times (like Bubbles attacking the Largos, just as with Jormag attacking the Norn), they’ve become more open-minded about certain professions and seen them as more useful than previously.

As for new races introduced with Cantha, all non-human races were pushed out of Cantha shortly after the time period of Guild Wars 1, according to the Guild Wars 2 wiki. (Guild Wars 2 Wiki: Cantha)

…in 1127 AE, when Kisu’s successor, Emperor Usoku, raised the Canthan military by spending millions in gold and conquered the still-warring vassal states of the Luxons and Kurzicks, forcing them fully into the empire once more. With this done, he then drove out all non-humans and closed the borders to Cantha.

So, obviously, there are only humans left in Cantha (that’s not to say there won’t be an expansion for Cantha; the borders can always be re-opened, but there won’t be any new races introduced there).

(edited by Bron.9647)

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sabertooth.2374

Sabertooth.2374

Playable dragons

Dragon thief, ranger, mesmer so on

(Obviously only joking)

New Race Idea List

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

Skritt would be an awesome race to play! I bet the customizable features would be amazing. They would be the total opposite of Asura. Sheer chaos, right up my alley. Their battle sound effects would be worth it alone. When they get afflicted with confusion they can say “Ooooh Shiney”.

Skritts are for champs!

Look, even they think so.

(Pick me as your new playable race!)>

Attachments:

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

(edited by Wolf.5816)