No More NPC Stomping

No More NPC Stomping

in Suggestions

Posted by: DJZephyr.4921

DJZephyr.4921

The NPC finisher crap has to stop NOW. I’m getting really tired of having to stomp everything in sight. I’ve already either sliced it to pieces with a greatsword or filled its face with arrows, so it should be dead the moment it hits the ground – I shouldn’t have to run up, press F and wait while there’s other stuff going on around me. I can understand the point of the downed state for players, but NPCs do NOT need it. It only serves to annoy, and to get in the way when I’m trying to revive other players.

Read the whole post or DO NOT REPLY.
Zeppillin (Eng), Neudel (Rngr)- Crystal Desert

No More NPC Stomping

in Suggestions

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

I have a feeling we’ll see more of it in the future. I think part of it is not only that it can make content more difficult (after all the NPC’s usually have another one running to res it). It could potentially be a direct counter to people zerging dungeons like CoF P1 too!

I think also in a small way it is an attempt at making the permanent finisher items more popular in the cash shop. People wouldn’t buy them before unless they were doing SPvP or WvW because they would never see them.

No More NPC Stomping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

They gotta add more challenge to the game somehow…. Plus, you can just kittenslap them to death without using F.

No More NPC Stomping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

gotta get the PvErs to buy unlimited finishers =D

-_- sanctify or w/e it’s called finisher was lame btw.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

No More NPC Stomping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

What bothers me about PVE finishers, is that I can’t rally off of my opponents. Often I run into situations where I’m barely able to bring down a tough opponent, while downed. But now they don’t die, they are also downed, making it impossible to rally off of your defeated opponent.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

No More NPC Stomping

in Suggestions

Daishi.6027

What bothers me about PVE finishers, is that I can’t rally off of my opponents. Often I run into situations where I’m barely able to bring down a tough opponent, while downed. But now they don’t die, they are also downed, making it impossible to rally off of your defeated opponent.

I don’t mean to sound like a jerk, but I feel perhaps your strategy in play is the cause of this.

No More NPC Stomping

in Suggestions

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I don’t mean to sound like a jerk, but I feel perhaps your strategy in play is the cause of this.

Well let there be no confusion, it’s not like I’m constantly being downed by enemies, and rallying to defeat them. But the fact of the matter is, it does sometimes happen. The whole point of the rally option, is that you have a chance to still defeat your opponent, if he’s low health. The npc stomping defeats the purpose of this rally option.

No More NPC Stomping

in Suggestions

Daishi.6027

Well let there be no confusion, it’s not like I’m constantly being downed by enemies, and rallying to defeat them. But the fact of the matter is, it does sometimes happen. The whole point of the rally option, is that you have a chance to still defeat your opponent, if he’s low health. The npc stomping defeats the purpose of this rally option.

can’t you just kill him in your downed state unless your overly mobbed? (unless that’s bugged and doesn’t work haven’t tried)

I see where your coming from, and I kinda agree the stomping is silly. But I doubt what you describe is more than a minor annoyance, enough to just remove stomping.

I’m glad and I think it’s fair that they keep it to story mobs though if they feel the need to implement it.

No More NPC Stomping

in Suggestions

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

can’t you just kill him in your downed state unless your overly mobbed? (unless that’s bugged and doesn’t work haven’t tried)

No you can’t, because the enemy also goes into his downed state, and is thus not considered defeated yet.

No More NPC Stomping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

How? You still rally if it dies.

It could potentially be a direct counter to people zerging dungeons like CoF P1 too!

No… it would just make it take an extra second or 2 to kill it while it can’t fight back. You don’t need to stomp.

(edited by Player Character.9467)

No More NPC Stomping

in Suggestions

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

But it doesn’t die until you stomp. That’s the point. Normally, if you’re downed when an enemy is almost defeated, you can use attacks in your downed state to still come out victorious: The enemy dies, and you revive.

But with enemies that go into a downed state, this isn’t the case. They aren’t dead until you stomp them. So the end result is that you’re both in a downed state now, and any remaining enemies beat you to death.

No More NPC Stomping

in Suggestions

Daishi.6027

But it doesn’t die until you stomp. That’s the point. Normally, if you’re downed when an enemy is almost defeated, you can use attacks in your downed state to still come out victorious: The enemy dies, and you revive.

But with enemies that go into a downed state, this isn’t the case. They aren’t dead until you stomp them. So the end result is that you’re both in a downed state now, and any remaining enemies beat you to death.

I’m gonna quote Peppy from starfox “JUST SHOOT IT FOX!” (question is what did fox say? =O)

No More NPC Stomping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

I like it! It gives more reason to either level up in PvP for a better finisher and gives more worth to permanent bought finishers. Also, I like how it adds another dimension to PvE. You have to pay attention to which enemies need finished and which don’t. It adds another strategic dimension. I attack the ones I need to finish first as the others are easier to kill and I will be stuck if I need to rally if I don’t kill the ones that need finishing first.

You can also rally off a foe that needs finishing I believe IF you can kill it in its downed state, which normally doesn’t work out, but I believe does happen.

No More NPC Stomping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

They’re dead when you kill them, regardless of whether you use a stomp or damage.

No More NPC Stomping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

If done well and not overused it can be a fun mechanic to make certain fights more interesting. Same with the Twisted creatures that could be remade into another, but it should not be overused.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

No More NPC Stomping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mel.8769

Mel.8769

I do not like stomping in PvE. That is all.

Common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden. -Unknown

No More NPC Stomping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goel.9127

Goel.9127

I like the mechanic when used on about 1/3-1/2 of mobs. The randomness of it adds strategy, and keeps things fresh.

It’s also good training for WvW.

More than 50% would be annoying, but I like where it is with Nightmare Tower content.

80 Guardian
Founder, “Free Buff Movement” [BUFF], BG

No More NPC Stomping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

For PvP and WvW, downstate serves a legitimate purpose.

But for PvE? I think only Champions, and Elites should be able to go into down state. Vet’s, and normals should outright die.

No More NPC Stomping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

Vets and higher ranks need an interrupt skill like players #2 while downed, and they need to stomp downed players.

On a side note, I love the knight npc. I’ve seen it own player SO many times.

All this helps introduce PvEr’s to PvP, at least a tiny bit, and makes PvE not so brain-dead easy.

Bläck Dähliä

No More NPC Stomping

in Suggestions

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

To be honest, I just think, ANet added downed state for those PvE player, who didn’t want to play PvP in order to get thet “stomp-Achievement” from the Halloween-LS.

However, maybe ANet rly wants to sell more stomps.

No More NPC Stomping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Diknak.8534

Diknak.8534

I disagree. They obviously supplemented the mechanic by giving them terrible health pools. It isn’t that bad since it is a very limited number of mob types that have to be finished.