Player Housing

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mr Creord.4965

Mr Creord.4965

I think that Guild Wars 2 needs player housing. If I was going to imbed player housing into this game this is how it would be.

Each race would its own type of house. For example the Sylvari would have a plant like house and it’s furniture would be plant like. Bigger houses would cost more gold. I think guilds should have their own houses as well being the biggest house and the most expensive. Furniture can either be made or sold on the auction. This was just some of my ideas.

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Does GW2 need housing? Not really.

But I will really enjoy decorating my house and RPing in it.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

They announced they are going to work on this later.

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Player houseing? No.

Guild fortress/housing ? Yes!

Let guilds decorate large structures the way they ant, players can claim various rooms and just decorate the room int he guild they have claimed as their own. If you stop repping a guild your stuff is immediately returned to you (oh look a built in way of rewarding members for stickign with one guild!).

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kellnor.5428

Kellnor.5428

Player housing? Why not?

It’s honestly one of my biggest pet peeves to hear people say “its unnecessary so don’t add it.” Honestly the game as a whole is 100% unnecessary so why have it?

The key to a truly successful game is options. Get as many options for as many different people as you can and you will have an AMAZING game. Take the Elder Scrolls Series for example. Most people who play it LOVE it because it lets them do their thing (in fact, I’ve never met someone who doesnt like TES, particularly Skyrim).

I agree 100% with the idea of housing within a guild fortress etc. Now THAT would be awesome!!

Commander Kell Swiftfire, Jade Quarry
Co-Leader & Defensive Strategist of Empërium [EMP]

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

I think guild halls should be priority in the housing department, then maybe player housing.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: DocHolliday.5921

DocHolliday.5921

I think guild halls should be priority in the housing department, then maybe player housing.

Yeah I’m on board with that.

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

I’m all for new stuff…..not this treadmill stuff.

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iyeru.5240

Iyeru.5240

You could also do it like PSO2, a housing system that’s a room, rather than an actual house. You could always add an upgrade system that makes you move into a physical house, with purchasable farming upgrades, etc.

Maybe have a character influence system alongside the guild influence system for this reason. (Like “Legend Points” or “Servitude” or something.)

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: SquallofBalamb.8973

SquallofBalamb.8973

You could also do it like PSO2, a housing system that’s a room, rather than an actual house. You could always add an upgrade system that makes you move into a physical house, with purchasable farming upgrades, etc.

Maybe have a character influence system alongside the guild influence system for this reason. (Like “Legend Points” or “Servitude” or something.)

I don’t know what you mean by the PSO2 system but yes, yes a thousand times over to the character influence, It would be great if you could say stuff like “My house has this, that and some more of this.” because you’ve got a high PvP rank, do a lot of WvW, mastered certain crafting professions, do a lot of PvE (we have to balance it for everyone). I also think that Being able to move into the guild fortress would be nice, more sociable, even if there are a limited number of spaces. Maybe a personal quest or several to earn your first house then you have to pay to move from your home city, but only to areas you have completed, just so you couldn’t say “Ive spent lots of money and moved to Orr.” More of a “I spent a lot of time in the shiverpeaks and kinda liked it, so I finished the area and moved there.”. I know a lot of people would complain about the new currency but aslong as you earn it passively then no-ones at a real disadvantage and everyone can start at the same basic point for their house.

Minion Master of Apex of Tyria
Warrior of GOLD
(Whiteside Ridge)

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Sure, let houses come. Edit: this also will help a great part to make the world alive.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iyeru.5240

Iyeru.5240

I didn’t really mean it to be incorporated to the guild system though, it’d be separate so that you could earn it without being in a guild, or representing one. Of course, you wouldn’t be able to move into a guild fortress if you weren’t in a guild though.

You have to have equal amounts PVP and PVE though for it to work well. Minis could be stored as decorations, randomly running around, etc. Playing with specific decorations. if we get a mount system, a single mount could be put into the home to play with them while you aren’t using the mount. Etc.

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

GW2 was always supposed to have player housing, thats why each player has a home instance. Unfortunately Anet never bothered to get it ready b4 launch and they seem a little slow in bringing it to us now !

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Axesome.1025

Axesome.1025

Where should ANet place houses to keep locations clean? Queensdale?

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: ehjhey.1894

ehjhey.1894

I would imagine them having each races housing in their respective City. Humans in Queensdale and etc..

Player Housing

in Suggestions

SquallofBalamb.8973

It will probably be be by racial city initially, until they put in a move city feature. But I wouldn’t mind moving to the guild hall or a wilds area (maybe you have a little personal story event where you have to clear the area). They’ve always said they’d implement it, just no news on it for a while, suppose balancing and expansion has taken more priority

Warrior of GOLD
(Whiteside Ridge)

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ackos.7942

Ackos.7942

Housing in the fractals. There is enough space.

I don’t want to live in the Black Citadel

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Knight.1084

Knight.1084

Player houseing? No.

Let guilds decorate large structures the way they ant, players can claim various rooms and just decorate the room int he guild they have claimed as their own. If you stop repping a guild your stuff is immediately returned to you (oh look a built in way of rewarding members for stickign with one guild!).

Would be great

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Knight.1084

What about housing for the top players on the server?.
Then people can also visit that Island with the houses (lets say top 15).

And on that island its like lions arch (you have all the helpful npcs,etc. I love the idea of lions arch but for me I don’t like to go there as my home, its just too dark and dirty I find.

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I remember that this has been requested by many players in many MMOs and each and every time it is a huge time, money and effort invested by the devs. Each and every time the novelty wears off after a very short time and it becomes a peripheral white elephant that took up valuable resources which should have been invested elsewhere.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Player Housing

in Suggestions

SquallofBalamb.8973

And on that island its like lions arch (you have all the helpful npcs,etc. I love the idea of lions arch but for me I don’t like to go there as my home, its just too dark and dirty I find.

I don’t think so because the “Top” players of a server are ridiculously hard to measure, think of all the great PvE players who have no interest in WvW and sPvP.

Warrior of GOLD
(Whiteside Ridge)

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Knight.1084

I don’t think so because the “Top” players of a server are ridiculously hard to measure, think of all the great PvE players who have no interest in WvW and sPvP.

You could have time and effort.

How much effort you put into the Game itself and how hard you work with the game.
This could be a new thing for when you reach level 80!

Player Housing

in Suggestions

SquallofBalamb.8973

How much effort you put into the Game itself and how hard you work with the game.

And for those who don’t have the time? And you can’t measure effort over a broadband connection. A medicore player on a small laptop may put in a lot of effort to be medicore while experienced players with good rigs need put in little to be better.

Warrior of GOLD
(Whiteside Ridge)

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Player houseing? No.

What if you could connect your player house to your guild fortress through a free waypoint. And your guild members can visit your house through a guild fortress waypoint.

I think the houses and guild houses can go together well.

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Knight.1084

And for those who don’t have the time? And you can’t measure effort over a broadband connection. A medicore player on a small laptop may put in a lot of effort to be medicore while experienced players with good rigs need put in little to be better.

I have a good enough rig and I am useless with pvp.
I never kill anyone.
I don’t know what to do/where to go.
I always die.
I am always lost.

just because you have a good rig does not make you good.

its about your skill

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

Houses would be instanced like story line quests or dungeons. Anet will need to save data of your house so friends can download and visit your house.

My point is half the work for Anet is done. If they do houses like the story line instances.

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

Housing would also be very profitable for Anet and make a good gold sink.

Anet can sell these types of things in the gem store
*items for the game (some in BLC)
*Realty section in the TP.
*Buy merchants and servants for your home.
*Buy crafting areas
*Buy mystic forge
*Buy vendors
*Buy particle effects
*Buy Music
*Buy NPC’s that you can program with scripts
*Buy NPC scripts
*Buy Bank Access with more storage

But housing in this game would work best if it worked like Rift. Using the current storyline mode as a model your it.

(edited by Onshidesigns.1069)

Player Housing

in Suggestions

SquallofBalamb.8973

I have a good enough rig and I am useless with pvp.
I never kill anyone.
I don’t know what to do/where to go.
I always die.
I am always lost.

just because you have a good rig does not make you good.

its about your skill

I am not saying a good rig makes you good, however when you have a medicore, dual core laptop with integrated graphics then a decent rig does make a difference, especially in rendering enemies, AoEs and on the same note WvW becomes a lot easier as everything loads better. Not to mention internet connection can make a great difference to dodging times and casting.

Warrior of GOLD
(Whiteside Ridge)

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Sirendor.1394

Back on topic: we want houses

Player Housing

in Suggestions

SquallofBalamb.8973

Yes we do, yes we do.

Warrior of GOLD
(Whiteside Ridge)

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: skinnyb.5920

skinnyb.5920

I want guild towns.

It’d be an instance with several houses for the various guild members as well as buildings such as shops that contain vendors or crafting stations. There’d also be common buildings/areas with fun things to do such as dueling areas (something else that needs to be added as well).

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Sirendor.1394

I want guild towns.

It’d be an instance with several houses for the various guild members as well as buildings such as shops that contain vendors or crafting stations. There’d also be common buildings/areas with fun things to do such as dueling areas (something else that needs to be added as well).

^That sir, is a nice suggestion. Me likes!

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Austeel.3465

Austeel.3465

I want guild towns.

Like in SWG? ::ducks::

Seriously, though, this was a great feature of that MMO. The only issue was that it wasn’t instanced, so the lag was ridiculous. Instance this idea, and it’s golden.

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Austeel.3465

I remember that this has been requested by many players in many MMOs and each and every time it is a huge time, money and effort invested by the devs. Each and every time the novelty wears off after a very short time and it becomes a peripheral white elephant that took up valuable resources which should have been invested elsewhere.

I disagree. Player Housing, when implemented well, becomes a very high-profile component of a game. Also, if they were to implement it, I would guess it would be part of a paid expansion. I agree that it takes some work, and they would need to recoup those costs: either through IAP for unlocking houses, rooms, decorating possibilities; or through a paid expansion.

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

Player housing kills player hubs.

As suggested above, guildhouses would be better, with players able to personalise areas of them.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Austeel.3465

Player housing kills player hubs.

As suggested above, guildhouses would be better, with players able to personalise areas of them.

How so? If all my house allows me to do is decorate and store items, in what way does that replace all the features of the player hubs? I still have to go there to sell items, craft, group-up, etc.

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fathme.5216

Fathme.5216

They announced they are going to work on this later.

just curious i remember hearing, but not actually seeing it said by ANET, do you have a source?

btw im really looking foward to this

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Anamelia Ladyhawk.3689

Anamelia Ladyhawk.3689

I enjoy having a house in a mmorpg… what i enjoy more is a guild hall/ house/castle/keep/etc… Where guilds can decorate/ can actully see the upgrades ur guild has/ a place to pick up guild boons, quest/guild dailies/ and a place to gvg, seige, whatever u wish to call it. Before having a personal home i would prefer to see a focus on the guild homes.

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Austeel.3465

I enjoy having a house in a mmorpg… what i enjoy more is a guild hall/ house/castle/keep/etc… Where guilds can decorate/ can actully see the upgrades ur guild has/ a place to pick up guild boons, quest/guild dailies/ and a place to gvg, seige, whatever u wish to call it. Before having a personal home i would prefer to see a focus on the guild homes.

I’m not as interested in this feature; of course, I am playing a game called “Guild Wars,” so I should expect that this would get primary focus from devs.

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Anamelia Ladyhawk.3689

Anamelia Ladyhawk.3689

I agree with the term Guild Wars… i get the WvW feature but i do miss a form of GvG,,, having guild keeps set against other same teired guilds would be fun… maybe setting it up at the same time on a nightly bases. And all guild members online could participate not just a party vs party. If you have 20 members on let them defend there keep no limits to players allowed on a team. And match them by teirs, whether it is a teir 1 with 50 members or top teir of 500. I want guild wars :p

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tarnsman.8092

Tarnsman.8092

I’d like to see housing implemented…would be cool to hang my various sets of armor and weapons to look at.

Kinda like the HOM but so I could remove the equipment when I want to use it.

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Sirendor.1394

What about this guys…

Alright so this post is talking about getting Player Houses. Instead we can get Guild Houses… and Guild Wars with these Houses!

What if we made a city-like instance, where each guild member gets a chance to build his/her house and where we also have random npcs who “live” there, to make it feel like a real city. Next each guild member should be allowed to customize his house (garden, size, etc…). An example: officers get the chance to build bigger houses, the guild leader a city hall where he can reside.

Now… to combine this with the Guild Wars idea, we could actually use that guild instance to war between guilds. In that vision the main objective in that war would be to kill the other guilds Guild Leader or the Highest Ranked player in their team.
Maybe it should also allow an impact on the instance to be in a war, but only if each Guild is agreed to have a war.

Another feature I’d like is if you could actually bet on which guild would win that war!
Anet can develop a whole system around this. Please give me some feedback on this idea. Thank you!

Player Housing

in Suggestions

SquallofBalamb.8973

Good idea Sirendor, however I think this would be a long term project that could expand on the houses. This would also work with guild keeps, perhaps guilds have to war to upgrade from a shamble of houses till they have a castle, matching guilds who have similar areas and fortifications, alternatively they could let you put in the guild main “focus”, pve, pvp ect… and let you gain upgrades that way, but keep all the types of guild separate this way. For example GvG guilds gain keeps, forts, defences, guards but have small rooms and not much customisation outside of war. While PvE guilds have towns with houses, maybe mansions for a select number of officers with tons of customisation but no defences because that’s not why that guild is there. However this would be a very long way off, probably not until the first real expansion at-least if they started on it now, but still we can dream…

Warrior of GOLD
(Whiteside Ridge)

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Sirendor.1394

Yeah I imagine they won’t make such a huge change in one update. Should be a long term thing. But indeed there’s a lot of stuff we can think out there, I only hope the devs actually care about what we think and suggest and try to make something magnificent out of it.

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Inkubus.7529

Inkubus.7529

Let me mess it up.
So today ANet changed website and announced upcoming update for 28th January.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/january-2013/

The horses are in the focal plan of illustrated graphics. I know many players asked for mounts. We shall see if they will bring any and make what players wished so much. If no, well save your time by refraining of typing “we want houses” (also it will reduce erase of letters on keys). Majority of new MMOs have houses. Capital cities in GW2 can be great place to have them as instances.

Inkarius [ele] Inkores [war] Inkratos [ran] Inkariosa [nec] MaINK The Liar [thf] Inklusion [msmr]

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Sirendor.1394

And do you like the idea of Guild Wars?

Player Housing

in Suggestions

SquallofBalamb.8973

Let me mess it up.
So today ANet changed website and announced upcoming update for 28th January.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/january-2013/

The horses are in the focal plan of illustrated graphics. I know many players asked for mounts. We shall see if they will bring any and make what players wished so much. If no, well save your time by refraining of typing “we want houses” (also it will reduce erase of letters on keys). Majority of new MMOs have houses. Capital cities in GW2 can be great place to have them as instances.

They have already said they won’t be bringing mounts in this update. Also, please stay on topic, I really don’t care for or want mounts.

Warrior of GOLD
(Whiteside Ridge)

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bluebeyond.1408

Bluebeyond.1408

I just hope that when they actually decide to make this happen they make sure it turns out as great as the rest of the game. I have faith that it will.

But first, please continue your work to improve the existing content and features. I know there’s still a lot of bugs and stuff that needs adjustment / refurbishment.. Like the Arah story mode airship battle!

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weebitt.3157

Weebitt.3157

Actually player housing improves retention. It’s guild houses with too many amenties that made cities seem empty. As long as people need to visit amenties that the city offers you’ll be in good shape. Right now in GW2 there is very little incintive to visit the cities…everyone seems to end up in Lion’s Arch.

Player Housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rorc.4619

Rorc.4619

The mists give a good base for a type of “guild towns” as was mentioned above, but home instances would be the place I would assume they would add player housing to. I know they’ve said somewhere that Guild Halls are something they will definitely do, while player housing always seemed like a “maybe” to me. Sirendor.1394 has a good idea, one that I’ve seen somewhere else recently (sorry, can’t remember where). It would be a good gathering area for guilds.

Heh, just for laughs there could be a bartender you could leave messages with for other members of the guild…

So I guess my thoughts are that the idea of guild towns is great, but it would pull even more attention away from the home instances, which I personally would really like to see used more.

Charr Ranger – Honestead of the Tyrian Misfits(HOME) – Ehmry Bay