Reusable Reward Skins

Reusable Reward Skins

in Suggestions

Posted by: LordHogFred.3691

LordHogFred.3691

I like that ANet have started to give skins as the rewards rather than actual items. It means that we don’t have to worry about trying to fit them into a build somehow (I know we can transmute them but skins are still better IMO).
However, these are a one time reward, they should be added to our Hall of Monuments vendor as reclaimable free skins once we have unlocked them. I’ve unlocked my skin, I want to be able to show it on all my characters and I also don’t want to have my inventory and bank cluttered with skins that I’m not yet using because why would I ever use a skin on some gear that’s below level 80.
Like I say, I like that they are now offering skins but they should be a reclaimable reward once they’ve been achieved.

Thoughts?

(edited by LordHogFred.3691)

Reusable Reward Skins

in Suggestions

Posted by: BakaPhoenix.2087

BakaPhoenix.2087

That is a great idea! I like it

Reusable Reward Skins

in Suggestions

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

As they stay account bound I agree.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

Reusable Reward Skins

in Suggestions

Posted by: BakaPhoenix.2087

BakaPhoenix.2087

I think he mean the skin you get from achievement or particular event, like the molten gauntlet or the shattered wing

Reusable Reward Skins

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Elegant approach. +1

Reusable Reward Skins

in Suggestions

LordHogFred.3691

I think he mean the skin you get from achievement or particular event, like the molten gauntlet or the shattered wing

Yeah only the skins you get from events completing like Flame and Frost or Dragon Bash.
Obviously skins from tickets or other currency (like the SAB skins) would not come under this system but things you can never get more than one of should be made available across all your characters.
I can’t have my dragon helmet on both my Guardian and my Warrior which is a shame and I can never trade that skin to anyone anyway, the only choice I have is to transmute it onto new equipment which isn’t really a valid decision when I’d be taking it from one exotic to another for the sake of cosmetics.

Reusable Reward Skins

in Suggestions

LordHogFred.3691

I’m going to res this thread as it seems like the new achievements menu is the perfect place for them to slot in the old skins we’ve unlocked from previous events.
Hopefully we’ll see them all retroactively added to the new reclaimable skins for achvs

Reusable Reward Skins

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

As long as the same skins are offered in RNG boxes in the gem store, those skins will never be unlocked in the manner you are asking.

Reusable Reward Skins

in Suggestions

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

why would I ever use a skin on some gear that’s below level 80.

i spent 140 gold on my lvl 14 necromancer just for apearence so far… why would you have the skin waiting in your bank until you reach 80 while you can have fun it with it right now?

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

Reusable Reward Skins

in Suggestions

LordHogFred.3691

As long as the same skins are offered in RNG boxes in the gem store, those skins will never be unlocked in the manner you are asking.

The skins I’m referring to are the ones rewarded from completing the meta achievements for events like the Shattered Wings and the Dragon Helmet not stuff like the Jade Weapons and Fused Weapons. It would be nice to see skin versions of the Molten Gauntlets and the Mad Kings Memoires as well but I doubt we’ll see those.

Reusable Reward Skins

in Suggestions

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I think this is a great idea, and hope this is the way the new skins from the achievement points are implemented. If this were to become the norm going forward I would be very happy indeed.

Reusable Reward Skins

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Oh I see, then absolutely. That is something that has bothered me about this game – they are moving to more account wide accreditation but they are not rewarding properly for it. They seem to be in some strange transitional stage. Hopefully your suggestion is heard.

Reusable Reward Skins

in Suggestions

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

You wouldn’t have to get Transmutation Crystals as much, then. So it’s unlikely.

That is my [cynical] take on all skin rewards. Why else let us see how neat the stones are all game, giving them away to us all the time, only to make the max level version require gems?

I would prefer something like the Festival Hat vendors in GW1, though, so we could reclaim earned skins, like you suggest, again and again as needed/desired.

Reusable Reward Skins

in Suggestions

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

According to Dulfy, they seem to be at least experimenting with a system like that for the achievement skins:

“For every achievement milestone you hit that ends in three 0s, you can expect more rewards such as Zenith weapon skins (full set) and 3-piece armor skins (armor skins require higher achievement milestones). You are given a choice to pick between a number of skins and once that skin is unlocked, you can withdraw and use that skin as many times as you like (like HOM skins). "

Source: http://dulfy.net/2013/07/08/gw2-bazaar-of-the-four-winds-patch-overview/

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.