SKIN for SKILLS

SKIN for SKILLS

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tannin.1920

Tannin.1920

I would suggest that if possible ArenaNet PvE mode in a future XP put new animations in the skill that we already have.

Just as we try to find new skins for weapons and armor we could find new animations for our skills.

This does not necessarily imply a change in the balancing rules, but only cosmetic.

SKIN for SKILLS

in Suggestions

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Skill skin: Butterfly, this skin can be applied for any leaping skill. When you use the leaping skill instead of jumping you will grow a pair of wings and flatter to your destination like a butterfly.

Enjoy

SKIN for SKILLS

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Skill skin: Guardian Hammer Skill Mighty Blast. I love using this skill. Everywhere. Even when standing around in LA, or on chickens. I dont even care. Whenever this skill activates, either everyone in the immediate vicinity get googley eyes that bounce around and look funny or the animation for Smite Condition activates as well as the current one.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

SKIN for SKILLS

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I’d like this also too .. but for a more serious stuff.

Examples:

Flames of Death
Changes the Color Model of fire related Skills into Blue.
So a Fireball changes from Red into Blue for example.

Flames of Purgatory
Changes the Color Model of fire related Skills into Green.
So a Fireball changes from Red into Green for example

That would be one kind of skill animation change.

but on the other hand I’d also like to see Skill Animation Upgrades, that make a Skill look MIGHTIER and more epic, than normal.

Example:

Grandmaster of Fire
The Effects of fire ralted Skills are increased.
A Fireball will be now of double the size and the animation will fly faster with an flame explosion effect at hitting the enemy and also producing a smoke trail while flying together with other sound effects that sound more dangerous..

Would be nice to have extra for this under the hero panal like for Finishes a Sub Menu, where you could activate/deactivate tons of such skill skin modifiers to make them look as you wish.

However, every player would receive under his/her personal option menu the ability to activate/deactivate skill skin modifiers of other players, if you have just a weaker pc system only to ensure, that these peopel have no problems due from the new visual effects ect….

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

SKIN for SKILLS

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Lagnuke:

Everytime you autoattack with a projectile your screen fills up with 200 layers of blueish-white particle effects that explode in a 10k radius.

By explosion I mean each particle explodes at the same time.

SKIN for SKILLS

in Suggestions

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

No thanks. As a WvW and PvP player, I already have to keep tabs on what every animation means and how to adapt to them. They allow me to read peoples builds, skills, cooldowns, possible combos, playstyle, etc etc etc. More animations would just mean unnecessary annoyance for those of us who fight other players and not PvE mobs.

Maybe they could be limited to PvE only.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

SKIN for SKILLS

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

No thanks. As a WvW and PvP player, I already have to keep tabs on what every animation means and how to adapt to them. They allow me to read peoples builds, skills, cooldowns, possible combos, playstyle, etc etc etc. More animations would just mean unnecessary annoyance for those of us who fight other players and not PvE mobs.

Or there would just be an option to turn off these effects.

#ELEtism

SKIN for SKILLS

in Suggestions

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Or there would just be an option to turn off these effects.

yup that would work too!

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native