SOLO-Able Dungeons and Fractals plz

in Suggestions

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

What you guys at Anet did with the Nightmare Chambers is wonderful. I was able to take my time and enjoy the story without impatient players ruining my enjoyment during my first time thru the section. When I got familiar with the Tower dungeons, I went to help other players that were having trouble with enemies or who preferred fighting in groups. WE NEED MORE DUNGEONS LIKE NIGHTMARE CHAMBERS. That’s right. I’m suggesting that we need NPCs to accompany a solo player during the regular dungeons and fractals. Ideally, I’d like to see the henchie / hero system from GW1 introduced in this game.

I’m getting tired of impatient players (in both the PUGs and my current guild). (NOTE: I’m already thinking about leaving my current guild because no one wants to do long dungeons or fractals when I’m on due to their schedules. They only want to do the short stuff).

It’s frustrating that I can’t enjoy the new Fractal updates because some players:

— can’t state that they’re only looking for pro-speed-run players when they advertise on the Need a Group page.

— can’t state that they’re looking for experienced players only for their PUGs.

— only want to do short dungeons, and I want to do the long treks like TA path 3. (FYI: Before anyone says “Did you post a LFG ad?” I just want people to know that I usually play during the graveyard hours on the NA servers. So I can’t always get players who are willing to go on a long dungeon crawl that late at night)

— who boot players for enjoying the story.

— don’t want players who don’t have ascended / legendary weapons and armor.

— have trouble with English-As-A-Second-Language (ESL) players (NOTE: American English is my first language, but it’s upsetting that some American players are just rude or cruel to foreign players in the PUG groups). Today, the leader of a Fractal PUG just left the group just when we were finished with the Mossman scenario. This person left because of an ego issue and failure to understand that a couple players weren’t fluent in English. The entire group was sent back to Lion’s Arch because the leader left. (FYI: Whenever I see that players speak in short answer or incomplete sentences, I automatically assume that I’m dealing with ESL players. It just means that I have to have more patience as a player since there is a language barrier).

I’ve been playing GW 2 since the last free trial period, and I’m almost done with my character’s personal story. The only other PvE storiesare the Toxic events. I spent $40 on this game last October, and I can’t play dungeons or Fractals in order to get the better armor, gold, and/or achievements. It doesn’t help that the players aren’t any help and unfriendly to newer players like myself. Don’t get me wrong. I’m an experienced MMORPG player, but it’s frustrating that the unfriendly player base is keeping me from enjoying this game beyond the personal story.

In the previous GW game, whenever I trouble getting a group for a dungeon run or a mish, I would just solo the stuff myself (with heroes and henchies, of course). I did this with every dungeon and mission except Shards of Orr. I don’t see why Anet can’t just create a solo version of the dungeons and Fractals and bring back the hero/hench system while they’re at it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

This is the exact same reason why I left WoW and the exact same reason why I refuse to do fractals and dungeons with groups.

I would like this.

I completely understand the desire for solo content.
But MMORPG stands for Massively Multiplay Online Roleplaying Game.
Too much solo content kind of defeats that.

I did absolutely love GW1, it is my favourite game hands down, but it was a completely unique creature and I don’t imagine we will be seeing anything like it again.

Just because it’s a multiplayer game doesn’t mean that players should have to group up to do things.

(edited by Zacchary.6183)

in Suggestions

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I did absolutely love GW1, it is my favourite game hands down, but it was a completely unique creature and I don’t imagine we will be seeing anything like it again.

in Suggestions

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

I support the suggestion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

This implies dungeon/fractal content isnt currently soloable. It is, just a bit tricky and obviously takes alot longer. So far I’ve soloed CoF and TA though I know for instance there’s this guy Wethospu whos soloed like literally all dungeons possible. However, if you mean soloing dungeons should take roughly as long as doing it with a group, at about the same level of difficulty and reward (meaning the mobs should be scaled down for solo play), its not a bad idea. BTW, the end instance Nightmare Incarnate was also soloable. Its probably the easiest dungeon to solo next to the Nightmare Chambers one, I do agree we should see more of these type of content.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

in Suggestions

kta.6502

I understand what you’re saying, but we’re dealing with American players, not East Asian players. Solo stuff is needed to make the game worth the price. I was able to get to Level 80 in two weeks, and I was taking my time. Once a person gets to level 80 the Personal Story is just too easy to beat. Plus, it doesn’t pose enough challenge to be worth $40. Also, the story is too short.

Let’s face it: Most Americans lack teamwork skills and / or have a different interpretation of teamwork (depending on the person). Blame our extreme pro-individualism culture for this problem. I’m part Asian and Latin American, so I know the foreign interpretation of teamwork (thx to my foreign mom). I’ve been on Asian MMOs (which are true MMOs in my opinion), and I never experienced the pushiness and angst on those games that is prevalent in American online games. In a game like WoW, I can avoid the angry, hardcore people because of the giant active player base. This game is has a smaller active player base. What helped Anet compete against other companies in the past is the fact that they had solo content, and it was easy to avoid the pushy players. The current system is going to cause Anet to lose players and the Tarnished Coast server is losing more and more players everyday. There aren’t enought players for WvW on our server which is causing us to struggle in the competition. Outside of Jade Quarry, Sea of Sorrows, and Blackgate, the other servers are getting less and less players. Anet should go back to what was successful in the past.

in Suggestions

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

You’re forgetting that Guild Wars is not solely populated by Americans, sincerely a player from NZ. I’m quite certain most Americans wouldn’t appreciate being lumped into some generalisation that they lack teamwork skills either…
But really, if you want to play single player content go play a single player game. It’s pretty simple.

in Suggestions

kta.6502

This implies dungeon/fractal content isnt currently soloable. It is, just a bit tricky and obviously takes alot longer. So far I’ve soloed CoF and TA though I know for instance there’s this guy Wethospu whos soloed like literally all dungeons possible. However, if you mean soloing dungeons should take roughly as long as doing it with a group, at about the same level of difficulty and reward (meaning the mobs should be scaled down for solo play), its not a bad idea. BTW, the end instance Nightmare Incarnate was also soloable. Its probably the easiest dungeon to solo next to the Nightmare Chambers one, I do agree we should see more of these type of content.

I had no problems soloing the Nightmare Incarnent, and I loved it. I just forgot to add the name of that section to my post. lol

I tried to solo the lower level Fractals yesterday, but I had trouble with it. My character is a level 80 Sylvari Engineer, but I don’t have ascended / legendary stuff to help my character to survive longer. It too easy for him to get swarmed on Fractals.

in Suggestions

kta.6502

You’re forgetting that Guild Wars is not solely populated by Americans, sincerely a player from NZ. I’m quite certain most Americans wouldn’t appreciate being lumped into some generalisation that they lack teamwork skills either…
But really, if you want to play single player content go play a single player game. It’s pretty simple.

FYI: I happen to be American, born and raised in the US and my family is a military family. I also said the word “most”, so my statement isn’t a generalization (not by American English standards). It’s constructive criticism. Calm down. You’re just being too sensitive.

No, I’m just saying that GW2 on the NA servers should be better adapted to the gameplay styles common in the US. I know the ins and out of my own culture, and I’m sad to say that it’s harder to play American MMOs because of the additional challenge of difficult, aggressive players that populate these games. (FYI: I"ve been playing these game since the days when MMOs were called MUDs). I see the same problems over and over again on other games on NA servers, but other games make ways for players like me to avoid the aggressive folks. Like I said, in WoW, the giant active player base makes it possible to avoid angry people. GW 2, on the other hand, doesn’t have a giant active base, so they should just do what worked in the last game they created. Anet should make soloable content.

(edited by kta.6502)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alerno.1425

Alerno.1425

Do fractals have any scaling mechanism at the moment?
People say that they can be soloed, but I find that hard to believe as many of them require group mechanisms and/or have large number of tough enemies coming at you at same time.

- Dredge, floor buttons
- Dredge, end boss without someone to pour liquid metal
- Swamp, wisps
- Molten, saving the prisoners (yes I know they can be sacrificed)
Along with those in many places you get five to twenty mobs at one time

Would like to see some scaling on number of people, but those Nightmare chambers were not scaling properly. They were super easy while solo (single veteran enemy) and much harder with full group. It’s good that they are testing and trying scaling dungeons, but is it really that hard to beta test them first.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I would love to see the NPC/hero system make a comeback. I personally am not good in team situations because I find it difficult to multitask – it’s just a part of my personality, but unfortunately because there is no solo option (well, you can go solo technically, but can’t survive to complete it), it is the very reason I don’t do many, if any, dungeons at all (I only do them if I must, for a meta achievement for some reward I really want).

I personally think the hero/NPC system from gw1 was one of the best concepts any game had ever made (that, and dyeable weapons), because you could upgrade their armor, change their builds, and go solo if the team scenario wasn’t your thing. I really miss it to be honest.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor