Venoms adjustment

Venoms adjustment

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

If you’ve used Venoms on a thief, it should be no surprise to you that the charge system on venoms is rather counter intuitive, forcing you to use them all at once, and a good amount of them not even stacking.

What I’m suggesting is making venoms behave like mantras, letting you spend the charges as needed. Maybe making it so you can set up multiple charges at once if needed.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Venoms adjustment

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

That would be cool, giving them a mantra system where you can activate each poison individually which would let you proc it on your next attack within X seconds.

Of course, keep in mind that Mantra cooldowns occur after all charges, which would significantly kitten Venom builds unless they reduced the cooldown on all Venoms (except the Elite).

Venoms adjustment

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mist Y.5214

Mist Y.5214

Maybe make it so venoms only have 1 charge each, but reduce the cooldown appropriately?

Venoms adjustment

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

venoms should get moved away as utility skilsl and should get improved for a thief as class specific gameeplay mechanism beign used via F2

Press once F2 and a little skill bar windo should pop up, where you have to quickly decide, which venom you want to use from all of your learned possible venoms.
Once you click on one venom, the venom will be used and the venom window will automatically disappear again and F2 begins its recharge time.

That way would thiefs get space for 4 more useful new useful new utility skilsl and 1 alot better mroe useful new elite skill.
Thiefs should receive as new skill type “Stigmas” to replace venoms that got moved to the functionality of pressing F2 to use venoms then.
Venoms are a mandatory basic mechanic of all kinds of thiefs and that should be also considered for thiefs in GW2!

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Venoms adjustment

in Suggestions

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

venoms should get moved away as utility skilsl and should get improved for a thief as class specific gameeplay mechanism beign used via F2

Press once F2 and a little skill bar windo should pop up, where you have to quickly decide, which venom you want to use from all of your learned possible venoms.
Once you click on one venom, the venom will be used and the venom window will automatically disappear again and F2 begins its recharge time.

That way would thiefs get space for 4 more useful new useful new utility skilsl and 1 alot better mroe useful new elite skill.
Thiefs should receive as new skill type “Stigmas” to replace venoms that got moved to the functionality of pressing F2 to use venoms then.
Venoms are a mandatory basic mechanic of all kinds of thiefs and that should be also considered for thiefs in GW2!

I agree on this. Venoms as a thief mechanic would be better for thieves. This has been suggested before as well.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

Venoms adjustment

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

I agree on this. Venoms as a thief mechanic would be better for thieves. This has been suggested before as well.

What if you want multiple? I currently run Devourer, Basi and Skale or Drake.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter