What Guild Wars 2 needs PvE wise!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ashraven.1489

Ashraven.1489

Hello there,
I just want to share my thoughts and ideas on things that I feel should be changed/added to the game in the near future. These are just ideas, so no need for BM posts.

PVE – Dungeons:

Many people have different opinions on how dungeons are nowadays compared to the start of the game. I hear players moan about things being too hard, and I hear quite the opposite from other players again. I personally feel that the difficulty of the dungeons variate from AC to CoF to Arah. But in total I think that the dungeons as they are now are a bit too hardcore focused. And the 4x Warrior 1x Mesmer groups is starting to pull people away from doing dungeons.
I’ve been in lots of group that has kicked other players from the party because they did not play a warrior or a class that is very efficient in speed runs (who am I kidding, warriors are the speedway!).
To fix this problem, would be to have a tint of the Holy Trinity involved into dungeons, and NO I am not saying “Let’s go full holy trinity with tank, healer and dps”, but let there be a tint of fixed aggro mechanisms. Say a Guardian with Shield + 1H (with for example soldier runes and knight gear) would be aggro taker number 1.
There is too much focus in getting berserker gear and get the highest crits, and when a player goes “down” in a dungeon, people whine about “Oh dude, L2P, dodge that attack noob”. We do not have endless dodge, therefore maybe reduce the damage of the mobs in dungeons? Have more native toughness? The different things that can be done are endless. Dungeon tweaking is a must!
Take for example AC and the dude that pulls you and starts whirling around killing everything. That fight was HARD and people skipped it because it was not worth wasting your time on. And now after the tweaking of AC, he has become even harder. Is it just me or does the meme “kitten LOGIC” come in here perfectly. If you want people to do a boss that they usually skip, it does NOT help making the fight harder.

PVE – Guild Dungeons:

This game is about getting the “looks” doing dungeons and levelling, but when you hit 80, you have 100% world exploration, have done your share of crafting, spvp, wvw and ofc dungeons, there is only so and so many things that is left to do. Getting skins, farm for Legendaries is a pain in the a** if you are a casual player. Everyone wants to get hold of the awesome skin of the legendary, but the prices on the Tier 6 materials and the Precursors are off the charts and sadly, have made people quit.
When you are at that stage, that when you log in for your daily, just sit there and “Erh, so boring, nothing to do.” Why not implement Guild Dungeons, I know people will rage and say “NO WE DO NOT WANT RAIDS THIS IS NOT WOW”. I know this is not wow, but guild dungeons or “raids” could improve the game A LOT. Say for example a dungeon where you can be up to 40 people from your guild and of course since there is no raid interface at this point and time, there could be a maximum of 8 groups allowed into these dungeons. The bosses and mobs would scale depending on how many people that are inside, and let the minimum amount of people be 10 or 15. Think of it as a guild fractal.
I know there are “Guild Bounties” and different challenges to do with the guild, but they get REALLY REALLY REALLY boring in the end due to other guilds tagging for example Short Fuse Felix when you have followed him around for 15-20 minutes and used 10-15 minutes to finding him.
There could also be a slight change in how the bounties work. That they don’t spawn until the bounty has started, and that when they spawn only the guildies are able to locate and kill them, not let other guilds scale it up and mess the kill up for other guilds.
Everything that I’ve written so far is just a thought that I wanted to share, and maybe some of this can be taken into consideration. All in all guild dungeons would be an awesome upgrade to the game.

in Suggestions

Ashraven.1489

PVE – Itemisation:

When you farm say for example CoF for so and so long, get your 2000 tokens and get full zerker gear + weapon, then what? Go for skins? You’ve build up your character from 0 to 100 and it stops.
Legendaries as stated from before is a pain in the f’ing kitten to farm and costs on average around 1400-2000 gold to craft. And as said casual people does not stand a chance to get that kind of dough.
Anyhow, there is no current feeling of building your character and taking it to a new level. Ok, so you get yourselves Twilight, Sunrise, Bolt, Dreamer, Quip, Incinerator, Eternity, whatever, it does not mean jack kitten. you don’t get any stronger at all, and it’s just kitten.
The personal feeling of building your character and reaching higher goals is not in the game at the moment, now I do not want it to be like World of Warcraft where you can critical hit for 10 million, compared to the old days where you could 1 shot a guy if your crit was above 4k.
BUT would be nice to see some achievable upgrades, say you get a legendary (right now all are from 950 – 1100 damage, just like the exotics) and that is BAD! You use around 2k gold and don’t get any upgrade or completion feeling, just another look on your weapon, which in my opinion is just about top bullkitten. The optimal thing in my opinion is say the damage was from 1100 to 1500, you would see a significant increase in damage but still not be ridiculously overpowered and it would be worth going for.
So ok, there will be ascended weapons incoming into the game, but still, the damage would be the same and you would not get that good feeling of getting an upgrade. Another suggestion to getting legendary is going through a series of quests where you need help from the guild. Work together and get the rewards. Not how it is now, as it is “If you have cash, you have gear”, which is the absurd truth.

(edited by Ashraven.1489)

in Suggestions

Ashraven.1489

DROPS AND DROPCHANCES:

As many of you know that are or have farmed for your first, second or third legendary, the droprate on the tier 6 materials and the chance of getting a precursor is bloody horrifying. Personally I am usually farming in Southsun Cove on the skelks to the south east of the map. Hours and hours with omnomberry and an insanely low drop chance on powerful blood, vicious fang and other materials. Tier 5 drops a decent amount, but the tier 6 mats are nearly no where to be seen.
That is also a thing that needs to be improved for people to actually wanting to farm stuff, and it not being an eternal grind as it is now. Increase the drop chance on the tier 6 mats by the same chance there is to get a tier 5 ingredient.
And now the Precursors. When there was announced that Legendaries where inbound to the game, people bought their precursors for 10-100 gold, and nowdays say the precursor for Twilight, Dusk, is at a price of 700+ Gold. This is so extremely stupid. Mystic Force gambling is not worth it. I read somewhere that the chance of getting a precursor from MF is 0.3% chance of all exotics avaliavble for that specific weapon type, now I do not know if this is correct but it seems like it.
Players have spent nearly 1000 gold in Mystic Forge all together in hopes of a precursor, but the chance of actually hitting the jackpot is around zero. Tho there are people with golden hair on their bottom, that get it within the first 10 tries.
All in all, change the course of getting a precursor from it being a hellish grind, to it being fun and not too much of a pain in the butt to achieve, there is still clovers, runestones, lodestones etc etc that takes time to get.

If you are not willing to read all this, I will sum it up for you.
1 – Dungeons need to be balance to fit every player, playstyle and class.

2 – Give more guild related challenges, fix bounty and implement raid looking tools for the guild to work together, (with a small chance of ascended loot for example).

3 – Fix the goals in the game, let people be able to build up to better gear, and get improvements. Do not let players stay on the same stage all the time, it will wear players out and you will loose players from the game.

4 – Droprates, fix them. The game currently is too much of a grind. Make legendaries worth going for, and not just a skin. UP the damge a bit so it feels like a long waited achievement to actually achieve such a farming hell pain item.

5 – NEW AoE in WvWvW is ridicolous. Hitting 5 enemies max is really stupid. Nowdays when people run in so called “BLOBs” why only hit 5 enemies? Fixing in depth wvw would be awesome. The lootsystem in wvw should get a makeover. Say you are in a blob of 60 people and clash into another blob of 60 people, and you hit 5 people with AOE skills? (meteor stom thingie on Ele’s staff skills). There should be taken some time to go though wvw and fix the things that are not optimal and tweak, cut and paste alot.

This is not a hate /spituponface post, it’s just a few points that would be able to improve the game in MY opinion.
What you think, is for you to think yourself.
Thanks for reading.
Best Regards
Ashraven

(edited by Ashraven.1489)

in Suggestions

Posted by: enxofre.6593

enxofre.6593

hi, great post. I completely agree with all u said. i had so much espectation for this game, and really enjoyed it till level 80, but now with full exotic and almost with all ascended pieces and with 100% map completion game just seems to be boring

in Suggestions

Posted by: piimpen.1396

piimpen.1396

I agree with most of your points here tbh, even though i love GW2 its still missing some content too keep me playing for longer periods of time. Dungeons get boring quite quick as i feel its all about damage, which creates less tactics and more just nuke everything and dont stand in red rings.. Would also love to see changes in the current aggro system, so you get a larger feeling of control if your playing with a good group.

On another note i seem to finish up with my characters way too fast, you can get the ascended pieces in a short amount of time and get the look on your gear that you personally like the most.. And its not like im gonna get 5 legendaries on each character, cant say its FUN to gather stuff for. I have already leveled up the classes i enjoy playing and done what there is to them, aka i am already out of content for a long time since i don’t care much about gathering all the achievements.

Let’s just hope anet takes at least some of this stuff into consideration after a while, would like the possibbilites to develope my character much further instead of playing the “alt” game all day

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tiger.9786

Tiger.9786

I agree with this. I love Guild Wars 2 and wish I was interested in playing it but am so bored to the point of one day playing an alt then just instantly exiting without any thought to it. Nothing I’m really missing except for a legendary that takes 300 hours or more grinding to get. WvW can be fun when interacting with other players but meehhhhh.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

once when I was playing vanilla wow even before the first guildwars was released, I killed a random mob and got a purple bow.
I was like… HOLY CRAVIOLI! OO

that never happens in guildwars2

in Suggestions

Rizzy.8293

BUT would be nice to see some achievable upgrades, say you get a legendary (right now all are from 950 – 1100 damage, just like the exotics) and that is BAD!

No that’s not bad, thats a skin choice.
If you want it go get it, because you think its pretty, its not stat based.

Skins are the rewards.
If you want gear grind theres a lot of other gear grinding games, The Secret World comes to mind, the gear grind determinds your level in that game.

GW2 does not need gear grind.

When I grind for gear, I grind it because 1) I need the stats, 2) I think it looks pretty.

in Suggestions

Ashraven.1489

The thing is Rizzy, you dont seem to get the point.

“If you want gear grind theres a lot of other gear grinding games, The Secret World comes to mind, the gear grind determinds your level in that game.”

Isn’t this exactly what gw2 is at the moment?
you grind and grind and grind for the legendary, achievements and titles.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

You do that if you WANT to for the fun, or the braggin rights, you do NOT do it to get better stats than everyone else. I dont grind for legendary personally because imo they are over the top flashy, so why should I be forced to if they had better stats? Achivement on the other hand i find fun to hunt down, so i do that

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

We already had a semi-tank in guardian which was nerfed.
We already had classes that could heal moderately okay, nerfed.

That stated, trinity idea is null and void because it’s obvious they do not want it in Guild Wars 2.

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

To fix this problem, would be to have a tint of the Holy Trinity involved into dungeons, and NO I am not saying “Let’s go full holy trinity with tank, healer and dps”, but let there be a tint of fixed aggro mechanisms. Say a Guardian with Shield + 1H (with for example soldier runes and knight gear) would be aggro taker number 1.

I disagree.

What it needs is the control role to have more focus,.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Suggestions

Rizzy.8293

The thing is Rizzy, you dont seem to get the point.

“If you want gear grind theres a lot of other gear grinding games, The Secret World comes to mind, the gear grind determinds your level in that game.”

Nope. I have no desire to get the Incinerator
Why?
No stats and personally I dont want my arm to be on fire.

If my arm wasnt on fire and I didnt leave a trail behind me, Yes I would totally go for it.

I don’t HAVE to grind for incinerator because I don’t want it.

I do have to grind for other stuff that I do want.

Letting me pick what I want because of aesthetic appeal is what appeals to me about Guildwars2

Forcing me to grind to get better stats like those new ascended crap, thats B.S and belongs in other MMORPGs designed for gear grinding.