Whatever happens with the train..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

Farming is fine, no one really gets rich from champ farming, Every single rich person in gw2 got rich from market manipulation/speculation, at least champ farming require you to do something active in PvE, no need of a nerf.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Decado.9408

Decado.9408

Hi, i’d like you to please nerf bajeesus out of pvp and wvw like u have done to pve. Make it as hard for all of these moaners to now earn gold too.

in Suggestions

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

AND all the people who are decrying farming should not play this game, as it’s clearer than daylight that is what ANet is making us do--

Enough of that BS. You don’t get to blame Anet for what you freely choose to do.

You invalidate everything you have to say when you preface anything with “i was forced” when you were not. Further, you don’t speak for “us”.

You speak for yourself. Poorly.

He said it wrong, but most of the post F&F LS updates have encouraged farming.

I’ve said it in other threads: Farming, for me at least, is both fun and profitable. Please stop being angry that I’m having fun and making a bit of coin while doing it. If you make your coin running dungeons, you’re not more skillful than me, you just have a different way of having fun. If you’re running dungeons or doing the train or doing ANYTHING in game to make money that isn’t fun for, then stop doing that post haste because this is a game not a job.

in Suggestions

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

He said it wrong, but most of the post F&F LS updates have encouraged farming.

I’ve said it in other threads: Farming, for me at least, is both fun and profitable. Please stop being angry that I’m having fun and making a bit of coin while doing it. If you make your coin running dungeons, you’re not more skillful than me, you just have a different way of having fun. If you’re running dungeons or doing the train or doing ANYTHING in game to make money that isn’t fun for, then stop doing that post haste because this is a game not a job.

They “encourage” farming in the same way the champion loot upgrades “encourage” farming.

Players, as a general rule, will find the path of least resistance and walk that path endlessly if they are allowed to do so. Challenge and fun have ALWAYS been terrible motivators for the MMO market.

If players got 1 silver every ten minutes looking at their toon’s idle animations at a waypoint in Gendarren Fields, it would be on multiple overflows across all servers 24/7.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gillian.1859

Gillian.1859

People have told me how profitable it was to run farm champs in Frostgorge Sound when it started and I did it… maybe 3 times? I had music on and all and I still managed to fall asleep because it was incredibly boring and reading comments on map chat was an insult to my intelligence. So I stopped and ran dungeons instead because I found those much more entertaining. Sure, I made less gold, being a casual player but I usually enjoy them. I found my niche, and I do it. I do not feel the need to run champ farms all day to “stay competitive” and “in the market”. So what if X person has more gold, more mats, more everything than I do? It is not a race. One does not win anything by farming until their life whithers away.

That being said, it would be super interesting to see champs and bosses with anti zerg abilities. Would be interesting to see protection domes or defense mechanisms activating when an X number of players have engaged the boss, and blocking entry to others. No more massive HP pools, ridiculous knockbacks and condition damage. That way, you don’t have to nerf champs loot, you can even start putting more champs in less frequented maps and ppl can start farming there :P I find it problematic that so many players congregate in few, selected maps when there is a whole world there that is left empty.

(edited by Gillian.1859)

in Suggestions

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yeah…. it is incredibly boring, used to do it but i rarely do it now…..

but no need nerf, let those who love it enjoy it….

the rest who hate it can play other aspect of the game…. move along….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Suggestions

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

BINGO! you just mentioned why this is happening if Overall Loot and rewards were nowhere near as bad as they are there wouldnt be the toxic enviroment we are seeing from farmers

I disagree. The better the loot, the greater the opportunity cost and gold/min lost and therefore the more sensitive the farmers are to disruption and therefore the more toxic they will be. Do farmers have a preset limit in their minds about how much was enough and would stop once they reached it? I doubt so.

as for failing events on purpose people hardly even attempted them to begin with except for those doing 100% completion

The Ember farm disrupted the ability to get Arah open did it not? And there’re folks who go around doing all the temple/world boss events.

I’ve not ascertained if the current Dolyak farm prevents any temple or important meta from starting. Assuming it doesn’t, I’d say the Dolyak farm is less disruptive but again, no player owns mobs or events.

I’m against this kind of farm because:
- I feel players should be free to complete any event they want on the map without harassment.
- I regard it as an exploit. The champ reward bag represents a degree of control A-net has over the amount of reward per time played for champ farming as an activity. This kind of farm bypasses that (the amount of loot normally obtained and the event reset timer); which is exactly the point of it, why some players will disrupt it and why I hope A-net patches it.

as for your first statement it does not make sense as if farming had any impact it should lower prices of things sold not increase them as items would be more common and more sellers would keep trying to sell before each other by putting cheaper prices.

What I want isn’t crafting material. I believe the champ farms did bring down the cost of crafting mats somewhat but combination of much more gold in the system + TP flippers has made the prices increase 50-100% since it started.

so all in all the real issue you got is pretty much the toxic attitude farmers have

What is the real issue is not up to farmers to decide.

To be clear, I am not against champ trains (I am against Ember/Dolyak farm-type champ farms – my views above). I think its unfortunate it exists in the way it does now but at least its a legit activity (i.e. events being completed as designed). The existence of the champ trains didn’t bother me much. Any verbal abuse I heard directed or not directed at me was promptly reported (I didn’t block anybody in case I needed to report again. If simple disruption gets that much rage, then I think farmers would die a little inside with a temp ban).

I think there needs to be a income limit to every activity (dungeons, champ farming etc). Of course if you’re a participant and have gotten used to the income level, you’d be upset if it was reduced. I should know. IMO, the nature of champ trains (i.e. the great skill and knowledge needed) means it should not be at the levels of profitability it is now.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

This is why we can’t have nice things.

Are you Shpongled?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

So you changed the title for which of many reasons I can think of?

in Suggestions

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

becoz he wants the mod to delete this thread perhaps ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Suggestions

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

Hi, i’d like you to please nerf bajeesus out of pvp and wvw like u have done to pve. Make it as hard for all of these moaners to now earn gold too.

I see what you did there… =.=

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Just write delete thread, not change the title when people don’t agree with you. Makes the OP look like a fool.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nev.5316

Nev.5316

I see nothing wrong with the champ farm, i can’t even stand to do it for 10 mins, if people are insane enough to do for hours a day then they deserve the gold they get in my opinion. But tbh i still don’t get how they manage to do the same thing for hours a day

in Suggestions

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

It’s mind numbing. If people want to do this, please let them. The rewards have been drastically nerfed, doing this is not worth it. People on the TP (equally boring) still make more per hour, let the farmers/grinders have something to compete if they really want to (and you need to really want to in order to keep doing this).

in Suggestions

Posted by: MAD CAT.9321

MAD CAT.9321

Hey look it’s the guy who wants everything adjusted to his liking and nobody else matters!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Lets nerf everything so we can get back to LF2M COF P1 FULL ZERKER WAR EXOTIC ONLY NO NOOB CONTINUOUS FARM 1HR+

in Suggestions

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Lets nerf everything so we can get back to LF2M COF P1 FULL ZERKER WAR EXOTIC ONLY NO NOOB CONTINUOUS FARM 1HR+

Could I ask you a question? What would be the difference for you? You farmed back then, you farm now, you are going to farm in the future. Does it matter what profession you use for farming? I would kindly argue anet could introduce new profession called farmer, specializing in agriculture.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MAD CAT.9321

MAD CAT.9321

OMG I would love to play farmville in GW2!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

While I rarely go on any “champ trains”, all I see in this thread is a few elitist players having their pride hurt because other players choose to make gold doing things other than their “skillful” approach to the PvE game: Dungeon speedrunning. I do a few Dungeons per day, but have no intention to “prove my mettle” to others, or to show how “great” I am because I do a few easy Dungeons, or to belittle others because they don’t play Dungeons or do super fast Dungeon speedruns.

Basically, this thread is all about “my way of playing GW2 must be rewarded better because I am more skilled”. Which is the pseudo-elite delusion at work.

Frankly, I rarely do champ trains because a)they are not too much fun and b)the “awesome” rewards the OP mentions are really invisible to me. There’s not that much to gain for the boredom, BUT I have no right to tell others how they must play GW2.

That said, players with immature attitudes others calling other names because they “ruined the rotation” are IME the minority, and are often called out as such in the map when they start complaining. Nobody owns the Champions-not even a majority in the map. People grouping to kill Champions generally don’t say that much or insult others.

To be honest, I find adventuring through Cursed Shore more intrinsically rewarding because it’s more “fun” to me (subjective), there are plenty of events to get tons of heavy moldy bags that sell well, and of course the occasional rare drops. Do I have the right to complain about Dungeons and Champ trains not being more rewarding? Perhaps I do, but I must say that playing the game “normally” (subjective, once more) can be its own reward-I don’t care if others make more money as long as I am enjoying myself.

(I do a certain event almost daily, and sometimes more than once to the south of cursed shore where it’s tons of free heavy moldy bags-if the Arah gate events are taking place, that’s even more rewards. Making money while having fun rather than just farming stuff-including Dungeons-it’s the way I play, but I don’t begrudge anyone for enjoying the game differently.)

No offense to respectful/intelligent/considerate speedrunners, I know not all Dungeon speedrunners must be self-centered jerks. Play how you want, just don’t get in anyone else’s way.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Could I ask you a question? What would be the difference for you? You farmed back then, you farm now, you are going to farm in the future. Does it matter what profession you use for farming? I would kindly argue anet could introduce new profession called farmer, specializing in agriculture.

Difference is, it’s much easier to farm now. And we have more than one type of farming. Dungeon, world boss, champ train, gathering…. basically everything you do in pve gives some amount of money/currency. Back then everything outside of cof gives blues and greens. People always complain about hard to earn money in GW2. I really don’t understand. What can they do in pve to not get some money income?

(edited by Afya.5842)

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i have an idea, what about making it so that all the champions in lvl 40 and below areas can only be taken down for reward with 10 players and less.
that way all the zergs in lvl 40 and lower areas can take a hike, ppl can actually enjoy the game as it’s designed and zerg ppl can do their zerg somewhere where tey actually need to do something in order to win.

zergs are just a bunch of kitten, all they can do is chase a commander and hit as fast as they can so they have a reward without effort.
pff, i bet they don’t even have the skill to survive anything without a zerg protecting them, what i can take down on my own they need 10 players just to do only half the same.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Flipping actually takes money out of the economy (the TP has taxes..) explain to me how removing money from the economy causes inflation lol.

The prices on TP (which effect inflation) are based not on the total amount of gold in economy, but on the amount of gold that ends up in the top few percent of players. Especially when we consider the more costly things, like rare skins, precursors etc. As far as uneven distribution of wealth go, flipping has always been the primary cause, with everything else being far, far second to it. Nerfing farm spots only makes sure that no non-flippers would ever be able to get in the same financial zone.

Nothing you said is about inflation/deflation though. It’s about supply/demand and the unequal distribution of wealth among the player base…which is not remotely to do with inflation/deflation

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Just write delete thread, not change the title when people don’t agree with you. Makes the OP look like a fool.

truth!!! +1 for that!!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Flipping actually takes money out of the economy (the TP has taxes..) explain to me how removing money from the economy causes inflation lol.

The prices on TP (which effect inflation) are based not on the total amount of gold in economy, but on the amount of gold that ends up in the top few percent of players. Especially when we consider the more costly things, like rare skins, precursors etc. As far as uneven distribution of wealth go, flipping has always been the primary cause, with everything else being far, far second to it. Nerfing farm spots only makes sure that no non-flippers would ever be able to get in the same financial zone.

Nothing you said is about inflation/deflation though. It’s about supply/demand and the unequal distribution of wealth among the player base…which is not remotely to do with inflation/deflation

Oh, but it is. The price of “popular goods” (like crafting mats) is generally going down due to the champ trains. It’s only the high-end goods that are increasing in price – and price of those goods is being dictated not by how much gold is in the hands of an average player, but by the wealth of the tiny 1% top minority. It is the mechanisms that support that unequal distribution of wealth that cause this. It is mostly the TP flipping that is behind it.

As far as farming goes, the more “open” it is for an average player, the less undesired effect it has – and champ trains are one of the most open forms of farming so far (unlike CoF p1 “zerker or gtfo” speedruns).

Basically – due to flippers (and, in some cases, Anet decisions – like with this halloween gift recipe prices) price increase of high-end items is inevitable. Therefore we really need casual players to be able to farm fast enough to be able to catch up.
The only other alternative is to make those overpriced items much more easily available, so people would be able to go for them directly. Nerfing the trains themselves, without addressing the problem, in the words of a famous tactician “won’t end well”.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Basically – due to flippers (and, in some cases, Anet decisions – like with this halloween gift recipe prices) price increase of high-end items is inevitable. Therefore we really need casual players to be able to farm fast enough to be able to catch up.
The only other alternative is to make those overpriced items much more easily available, so people would be able to go for them directly. Nerfing the trains themselves, without addressing the problem, in the words of a famous tactician “won’t end well”.

Casual players being able to farm faster isn’t going to make those high demand but rare items more accessible, it’ll force their price higher. The demand vs supply will remain the same but now people will have more gold and be willing to pay more for those items.

The increase in gold into the system from mass farming is what will cause inflation as it reduces the value of gold, but that has nothing to do with your initial post (which is about supply/demand and unequal wealth distributions which isn’t the same as inflation, you may want to read what inflation means, affecting just the high demand items does not equal inflation)

(crafting mats was a bad example their price rose because anet decided you needed thousands of them for a single ascended weapon, look at iron from launch to before ascended weapons 10c consistently for over a year,, after ascended it’s now 1s30c, silk/wool/linen will likely be the same when ascended armor is released as the fabric’s are the only crafting mats not used in weapons)

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

(edited by Protoavis.9107)