Why not make more dungeons and like raids or sort of?

in Suggestions

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

the only thing I can see as being good raid material is the charr siege of ascalon fractal, only larger scale and more involved than running to a gate and making your way through streets to defeat a boss. nothing too lengthy though. I never did WoW raids because I never had the time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drapar.1589

Drapar.1589

the only thing I can see as being good raid material is the charr siege of ascalon fractal, only larger scale and more involved than running to a gate and making your way through streets to defeat a boss. nothing too lengthy though. I never did WoW raids because I never had the time.

they didnt take that long tbh.

if you didnt have a kitten group / wipes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alice.8694

Alice.8694

I’ve yet to see an argument posed in support of raiding that cannot simply be used to improve 5 man and world events.

You should really be trying to make the case that raids bring something these do not. And if you cannot make a case for raiding that doesn’t also fit into these categories fine, perhaps you should be asking for improvements of world events and 5 mans instead. Since this is more likely to happen than instanced raiding dungeons.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Possessed Priest.2870

Possessed Priest.2870

Many agree with you, including myself. There absolutely needs to be large-scale group organized PvE content in the game. Otherwise it’s an amazing game-world and lore gone to waste.

This. I definitely agree.

in Suggestions

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

ok. but apparently they would take nigh upon 4 hours straight to complete. at least that’s what i’ve been told by a friend who did them all the time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ubung.7423

Ubung.7423

I’ve yet to see an argument posed in support of raiding that cannot simply be used to improve 5 man and world events.

You should really be trying to make the case that raids bring something these do not. And if you cannot make a case for raiding that doesn’t also fit into these categories fine, perhaps you should be asking for improvements of world events and 5 mans instead. Since this is more likely to happen than instanced raiding dungeons.

World events offer the scale but not the challenge. Dungeons offer the challenge but not the scale. World events dont scale well when the zerg arrives.

ok. but apparently they would take nigh upon 4 hours straight to complete. at least that’s what i’ve been told by a friend who did them all the time.

4 hours sounds about right but you could do that over several nights. 2 × 2 hours was the norm for my guild.