01-18 Devona's Rest / Kaineng / Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

Why is it that whenever we show up on a map and take a single tower, the full population allowed at once on that map for Kain show up to crush us? Seriously, you aren’t even giving us a chance to get a foothold on a map. You are already guaranteed to move up to the next wvw tier. http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA
Really we try to get some stuff done and Kain’s only response is to mega zerg us, nothing else.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

in WvW

Posted by: Deano.7913

Deano.7913

Why is it that whenever we show up on a map and take a single tower, the full population allowed at once on that map for Kain show up to crush us? Seriously, you aren’t even giving us a chance to get a foothold on a map. You are already guaranteed to move up to the next wvw tier. http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA
Really we try to get some stuff done and Kain’s only response is to mega zerg us, nothing else.

That is kinda what DR used to do. Just sayin.

[WP] Wisenheimer Prime | Guild Leader
Polyhistor Serpente – lvl 80 Elementalist | Crystal Desert
http://www.twitch.tv/polyhistorsl

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

They’ll do that all the way up to Friday reset.
They were still spawn camping us an hour before last week.

They are trying to steam roll victory and need as many points as possible.
Its a good plan.

But there has to be a wall somewhere.
And I see Dragonbrand in their future.

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Greenfox.8023

Greenfox.8023

It’s nothing coordinated or malicious. It’s just that there’s nothing else to do.

There’s a lot of us looking for something to do in WvW, so when a spot on any map changes colors, we all individually show up there, often arriving together.

Same with the spawn camping. Don’t get me wrong – I disapprove of spawn camping, and when we drive the enemy back to spawn I yell at my compatriots briefly then go elsewhere. But people linger at the enemy’s spawn simply because sometimes that’s the best or only place to find enemies.

Greenfox
- Soul of SoS – SoS Guilds -
— Kaineng Server —

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Use the side entrances. Gather together before going out. etc.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

What you have is Duke going up against a middle school in a game of football. It’s not fun to watch or participate in for anyone other than Duke, who gets to beat up the weak.

I seriously doubt it’s fun for them either.

The hurp-durp types will lol it up over being able to kill a dolyak with 45 people but even that will get old after 3 weeks, which is exactly what Kaineng has been doing. I’m sure a number of them are regretting the decision to all jump on a bottom tier server, not realizing it would guarantee them 5+ weeks of no competition.

Sure you “win” but winning doesn’t get you anything and in fact you end up getting almost no karma, XP or badges because most nights you can’t get into a good fight (the 1-2 zones with a fight will have long queues).

Ehmry has been in that position a couple times when we got pushed into the bottom tier, which was basically the two servers with no population. Owning the map with 650+ points is pret-ty useless and boring for the winner too.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

(edited by Slamz.5376)

in WvW

Posted by: Causic.3798

Causic.3798

What you have is Duke going up against a middle school in a game of football. It’s not fun to watch or participate in for anyone other than Duke, who gets to beat up the weak.

I seriously doubt it’s fun for them either.

The hurp-durp types will lol it up over being able to kill a dolyak with 45 people but even that will get old after 3 weeks, which is exactly what Kaineng has been doing. I’m sure a number of them are regretting the decision to all jump on a bottom tier server, not realizing it would guarantee them 5+ weeks of no competition.

Sure you “win” but winning doesn’t get you anything and in fact you end up getting almost no karma, XP or badges because most nights you can’t get into a good fight (the 1-2 zones with a fight will have long queues).

Ehmry has been in that position a couple times when we got pushed into the bottom tier, which was basically the two servers with no population. Owning the map with 650+ points is pret-ty useless and boring for the winner too.

Yeah most of the time it isn’t fun (when numbers aren’t equal). But sometimes you still encounter the very exciting small scale group fights over a group of us (Kaineng) trying to take back one of your supply camps with a whole lot of resistance on your end.

in WvW

Posted by: Foss.4830

Foss.4830

We are using this time to train people that are new to WvW. Running movement drills teaching siege placement ect. We are not completely unprepared for the higher tiers. If we face DB next week it will be a good test for us and a nice change of pace.

Respect to both servers for putting up with us. I know what its like being outnumbered. Next week will be better for all of us

Bluecog – Valór [RUN] – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

Yeah most of the time it isn’t fun (when numbers aren’t equal). But sometimes you still encounter the very exciting small scale group fights over a group of us (Kaineng) trying to take back one of your supply camps with a whole lot of resistance on your end.

My experience has been we take a camp and no less than 50 Kaineng show up to take it back. If 10 Kaineng show up, it’s because 40 of them aren’t rendering yet.

There may be talent on Kaineng but we’ll never know. The very fact that you all transferred to a bottom tier server purely to ride the zerg-train back to the top says a lot about the guilds there and the types of challenges they were aiming to get. (Also had the Bzzzt guild be apparently ecstatic about managing to kill my level 4 warrior alt in a 2v1. Guessing they don’t usually win anything under 5v1.)

If you are original Kaineng, I apologize (but statistically, that is unlikely).

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

(edited by Slamz.5376)

in WvW

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

To the TL 100blades+haste War and all the other Kain players in your BL @ Redbriar today…..

You should be ashamed of yourselves….down right ashamed

You must be from that all thief / mesmer cheese. I’ll say this, at least the kid from Grindhouse wasn’t terrible. We see worse.

That would probably be me as I do roam alot was fun. That mesmer you guys had was really on his support with the rez and time warp.

Ugh grind house? You mean the group of 4 that do nothing but abuse thief stealth? Mad skilllz

This is like saying Mesmers abuse clones, Rangers abuse arrows, engi’s abuse grenades, ele’s abuse water, fire, earth, and air. They are missing Heart so they Can’t call Captain planet though

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowkx.2738

Shadowkx.2738

Shout out to [Ror] from Ebay in DR BL, we need to duel some more. I need all the practice i can get. Thank you.

Mesvot – War
Mestov- Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

To the TL 100blades+haste War and all the other Kain players in your BL @ Redbriar today…..

You should be ashamed of yourselves….down right ashamed

You must be from that all thief / mesmer cheese. I’ll say this, at least the kid from Grindhouse wasn’t terrible. We see worse.

That would probably be me as I do roam alot was fun. That mesmer you guys had was really on his support with the rez and time warp.

Ugh grind house? You mean the group of 4 that do nothing but abuse thief stealth? Mad skilllz

This is like saying Mesmers abuse clones, Rangers abuse arrows, engi’s abuse grenades, ele’s abuse water, fire, earth, and air. They are missing Heart so they Can’t call Captain planet though

Funny thing is every Kain thief I face 1v1 say the same thing

“How did you do that?”

And yes that mesmer was annoying.

Sorry I had to log and not get even more fun in, but you missed a lot of fun already. Tho I must say killing all those Kain bads on top of that camp was priceless. Rest of the zerg just gave up

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

It’s nothing coordinated or malicious. It’s just that there’s nothing else to do.

There’s a lot of us looking for something to do in WvW, so when a spot on any map changes colors, we all individually show up there, often arriving together.

Same with the spawn camping. Don’t get me wrong – I disapprove of spawn camping, and when we drive the enemy back to spawn I yell at my compatriots briefly then go elsewhere. But people linger at the enemy’s spawn simply because sometimes that’s the best or only place to find enemies.

How about break up into groups of 5 and roam. Get ur SoS members all the practice they can get in even fights or fights they are out numbered in. Cause currently if you don’t have a 4-1 advantage you prolly will end up losing in the open field.

in WvW

Foss.4830

My experience has been we take a camp and no less than 50 Kaineng show up to take it back. If 10 Kaineng show up, it’s because 40 of them aren’t rendering yet.

There may be talent on Kaineng but we’ll never know. The very fact that you all transferred to a bottom tier server purely to ride the zerg-train back to the top says a lot about the guilds there and the types of challenges they were aiming to get.

If you are original Kaineng, I apologize (but statistically, that is unlikely).

These kinds of posts need to stop. Do not rag on guilds for transferring from dying servers because they want to be competitive. This is both unfair and disrespectful. Im on kaineng and im getting plenty of 1v1s and small group fights. Just because your constantly getting rolled by our zergs doesnt give you the right to come into this thread and start stirring things up and attacking our community. You only have to put up with it for this week then you will probably never see us again.

I mean its almost like you want us to stop outnumbering you some how? Are we supposed to tell everyone to wait in LA and just take turns going in to WvW to make things fair? Ill let you be the one to organize that.

Bottom line. Our guilds WANT large scale battles. We absolutely WILL NOT find that in lower tiers.

(edited by Foss.4830)

in WvW

Posted by: Twystyd.8453

Twystyd.8453

Yea, we were running war, war, eng, msmr although at 9am PST we couldn’t get too picky with group comp. We always have a good time out in WvW and out of the 3 thieves you were by far the toughest to finish, the other kids killed themselves half the time. Getting multiple thieves down w/o AE is not an as much of an issue as finishing them w/ 12 second shadow refuge ressing during down state. It’s just an unimpressive group composition honestly although not having the hard counter AE group made us get more creative which was fun.

(edited by Twystyd.8453)

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

Hello everyone!

I’m pleased to announce a WvW Boot Camp for Kaineng, hosted by NEO Alliance. With new transfers and current winning status, we can not get complacent, there are still a lot of things to learn. We’ve gotten lazy, and a lot of the times we’ve started to mindlessly zerg around because we’ve felt that we don’t have to do anything else.
Even though our score is impressive, we still have a lot of work to do. This boot camp is for everyone, not just new players! New transfers, regardless of skill, are encouraged to learn how how we WvW. We would also like to encourage primarily PVE players on the server who have been afraid to jump into WvW to show up and learn.

Date(s): 22 Jan, 23 Jan, 24 Jan
Time: 5PM PST Server time

Please feel free to jump in ventrilo with us as well Vent Info: NEO.maxfrag.net Port: 44155

Some of the topics we will discuss and demonstrate will include but are not limited to the following:

Siege placement
Communication
X’s on map and what they mean
Predicting enemy movement
Scouting
Movement during assault and defense
Refreshing siege
Supply

Again, all are invited regardless of experience, this will be a combined effort involving any one with good input as well.

Crazy Leg

(edited by Littlefeather.8623)

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Why does that post look so familiar…

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Littlefeather.8623

Why does that post look so familiar…

Because I used most of it from yalls thread ;p

I always seen this, even when I was in DH, Kaineng does need it though so I wanted to use it, Im sure yall do Fight Club anyways lol ;p

Crazy Leg

in WvW

saiyr.3071

True! Though we can’t get much participation this week. You’re gonna have to catch up to us soon or our duelers will get bored.

in WvW

Posted by: Asami.3572

Asami.3572

Little, ya might wanna add “How to and WHY you join a commander’s squad” to that list. Cause there a a few ways to join and many reasons why lol =P

Silver Koneko/Silver Kom Trikru/Lime Dorito
BG

in WvW

Posted by: DarkElvenChic.2618

DarkElvenChic.2618

Little, ya might wanna add “How to and WHY you join a commander’s squad” to that list. Cause there a a few ways to join and many reasons why lol =P

So much THIS!

Commander ~ Aurora Noctai ~ Thief
Officer of Rethesis [RE] ~ Kaineng
NEO Alliance ~ NeverEndingOdds.com

in WvW

Posted by: Anatolian Turk.4057

Anatolian Turk.4057

what else to sat. score update

Attachments:

Honourable Guardian | Desolation
Arenanet killed WvW
R.I.P. WvW 2012 – 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Humpink.2306

Humpink.2306

How many Badges of Honor do you currently own?

in WvW

Posted by: Anatolian Turk.4057

Anatolian Turk.4057

around 2.3k, why do you want to know?

Honourable Guardian | Desolation
Arenanet killed WvW
R.I.P. WvW 2012 – 2015

in WvW

Posted by: jamesigall.5938

jamesigall.5938

Big thanks to those kain outside OL a few hours ago that let me dance around with you after the spawn camp FINALLY ended, dodging golem bombs was fun
ALso, congratz to the WM zerg that successfully portal bombed me with 20 guys, the players sitting in the spawn got a good laugh out of it

Hope DR can keep going for the rest of the week without losing too many people, and we can continue to have some fun moments while we ride out the kain storm

80 DPS War / 80 DPS Ranger / 80 Support Guard
Blacktalon
Army of Devona [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Llyrx.3497

Llyrx.3497

You have to think from our point of view too, A lot of us are WvW main players, we don’t do anything else, So we have nothing to do, we are bored too and when we see a tower flip, everyone goes to it because it’s all we have to spend our time doing.

Kiridono – GL of RE
Overseer of NEO Alliance -www.NeverEndingOdds.com

in WvW

Posted by: Xelnok.2397

Xelnok.2397

Well, after 4 months on kain, starting the game the first week that kain won I have abandoned ship to my #1 enemy, Dr, bringing along a few friends with me. So far the pastures have been much greener on the other side. As someone who loves roaming you can only handle so much steam rolling before you get bored out of your mind.

Last night four of us were running around kain bl having a blast. One thing I noticed and hope isn’t too normal is most of the fellow Dr people I saw were just exp training; two zergs worth actually. Someone mentioned how they saw an organized zergs last night, it was just an exp train.

My friends and I actually got to the keep lord in the SW tower, just the 4 of us, but after shouting for help when the keep doors were being attacked, and then broken not a single person came to help; and then the zerg rolled over us. I’m hoping that there are more wvwers left here than what we saw yesterday.

And to the kain zergs;
If you die to massive conditions and 4k confusion hits, you have probably found us, :-)

Xelnok Tyr
Ry Fraction (not to be confused with Ri Fraction who is my wvw clone buddy)

(edited by Xelnok.2397)

in WvW

Posted by: Humpink.2306

Humpink.2306

around 2.3k, why do you want to know?

Because in my experience those who gloat the most are usually the ones who put in the least effort.

In your case though you were able to farm a bunch of badges unopposed and you still take no small amount of pride in that you were able to take over the whole map during a cunning and decisive PvDoor battle.

Respect!

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

You have to think from our point of view too, A lot of us are WvW main players, we don’t do anything else, So we have nothing to do, we are bored too and when we see a tower flip, everyone goes to it because it’s all we have to spend our time doing.

Yeah, I’m not at all surprised that’s the way it is, and I don’t hold any of that against you guys. Blowouts aren’t fun for anyone except for maybe the first few hours after reset, and after that populations on the losing servers drop dramatically. It is kind of fun to poke the bear, though, and a very few of us did that for a while last night in our own (DR) BL. We’d take the Arah camp and then wait for the inevitable zerg, and even took Longview a couple of times just for grins. I saw lots of different Kain guild tags (none from [WM], though) and I was surprised at how many of you were still on the map … obviously chafing for any kind of action at all.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Lina.9640

Lina.9640

These kinds of posts need to stop. Do not rag on guilds for transferring from dying servers because they want to be competitive. This is both unfair and disrespectful. Im on kaineng and im getting plenty of 1v1s and small group fights. Just because your constantly getting rolled by our zergs doesnt give you the right to come into this thread and start stirring things up and attacking our community. You only have to put up with it for this week then you will probably never see us again.

I mean its almost like you want us to stop outnumbering you some how? Are we supposed to tell everyone to wait in LA and just take turns going in to WvW to make things fair? Ill let you be the one to organize that.

Bottom line. Our guilds WANT large scale battles. We absolutely WILL NOT find that in lower tiers.

The reason servers are ‘dying’ is because guilds are transfering anyway. Guilds will transfer. It happens. Someone will get kitten and demand a change or they’ll get bored of the same ole same ole on their server and want to leave—especially if they’re on a super zergy server that constantly faces people who generally have an idea of what direction to point siege.

So instead of transfering to another competitive server, a whole bunch of guilds transfer to a low tier server (who didn’t want you) and proceed to have a T1-3 population in, say, Tier 6. Heck, with all the bandwagoning, I wouldn’t be surprised if Kaineng has bloated to the size of at-release HoD.

So yeah, you have a ridiculous amount of people, while at the same time, every not-in-vogue server is steadily losing people who like to transfer to easy-mode servers so they can win without, y’know, trying.

And what, you don’t expect people to call you out on this? We don’t blame you for using your numbers, but don’t try to disguise opportunism as some sort of noble goal. Fact of the matter is, Kaineng has just been steamrolling servers who, frankly, can’t even get a queue even on Friday night resets. Kaineng is winning solely on numbers. They just have more. And they have been doing this for at least a couple weeks.

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

It is kind of fun to poke the bear, though, and a very few of us did that for a while last night in our own (DR) BL.

This is exactly what we used to do during the original DR/FC/Kain matchup – grab a camp, maybe a tower, siege it up, and see how long we could hold it against the inevitable. The tables have turned, but I’m hoping you guys are finding as much entertainment in that as we original Kaineng folks did back then. Great fun for everyone I think.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Dhampyr.2104)

in WvW

Cactus.2710

I’m not going to rag on Kain for having numbers. Things are what they are. But I’ve read your post several times now, even waited a while before responding to it, but since the start of this matchup I’ve had a few questions that maybe you can answer. I’m being serious … not trying to pick a fight.

-1. If [WM] wanted so badly to get back to T2/T1 (obvious from their tactics), why did they leave that level in the first place? If they were unhappy with SBI, why didn’t they just transfer to one of the other higher tier servers? Why disrupt all the other matchups in the lower tiers on their way back up to where they were anyway? It doesn’t make sense to me.

-2. If there were a lot of guilds (presumably including yours) on Kain that ached to join really large scale battles, why wouldn’t you have transferred to a server in a higher tier to begin with? Several of them have pretty much always been recruiting, they are established and well organized so you’d learn faster, and it would have been a much faster path for you. Steamrolling opponents isn’t even good for you, because it draws in players you don’t really want (as Mag is discovering to their chagrin) and bores the good players you do have to the point they don’t even join the map.

I’m honestly not trying to bait you or anyone else … I’m just puzzled.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Dhampyr.2104

I’ll take a stab at #1, even tho I’m not a transfer – I think it comes down to community. WM had been here before for training, RE (and DE before the merge) scouted us as well. Prior to the big transfers, Kaineng was mostly heart and tenacity, and we never rolled over even when it was hopeless for us (please don’t read into that statement, no veiled references to the current matchup or any other prior matchup). Bottom line, they liked it here.

I can answer #2 more easily and with less conjecture – why move if we’re having a blast in WvW and loving our server community? :-)

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Dhampyr.2104)

in WvW

Littlefeather.8623

I’m not going to rag on Kain for having numbers. Things are what they are. But I’ve read your post several times now, even waited a while before responding to it, but since the start of this matchup I’ve had a few questions that maybe you can answer. I’m being serious … not trying to pick a fight.

-1. If [WM] wanted so badly to get back to T2/T1 (obvious from their tactics), why did they leave that level in the first place? If they were unhappy with SBI, why didn’t they just transfer to one of the other higher tier servers? Why disrupt all the other matchups in the lower tiers on their way back up to where they were anyway? It doesn’t make sense to me.

-2. If there were a lot of guilds (presumably including yours) on Kain that ached to join really large scale battles, why wouldn’t you have transferred to a server in a higher tier to begin with? Several of them have pretty much always been recruiting, they are established and well organized so you’d learn faster, and it would have been a much faster path for you. Steamrolling opponents isn’t even good for you, because it draws in players you don’t really want (as Mag is discovering to their chagrin) and bores the good players you do have to the point they don’t even join the map.

I can only speak for my guild, but our first server (DH) was going down hill, we went from rank 18 to rank 12 and lost one match due to lack of night time presence, a lot of WvW guilds left, we stayed for the longest time, we were the last remaining big WvW guild on that server after every one left. We felt the pain putting in hours of WvW everyday/night with very little WvW guild centric support. We wanted to compete again, we wanted to be competitive again, the server was full, but it was full of PvE, and when we asked for help we would get laughed at, we couldnt take it anymore. We wanted to create a new WvW focused server, from the bottom up. At first we thought of the bottom of the bottom, Fergusans Crossing, but we thought about it, and we know from our loss in T3 theres no option, we absolutely NEED a night presence. And when we heard that WM moved here, it sealed the deal for us as they are the night presence (as well as KOR, etc), and great at it. So we brought a large NA presence (as well as other guilds have too); and I love the feeling that my guildmates and myself dont have to put in 16 hours a day/night of WvW every.single.day. We extremely appreciate and love the support from other guilds to make it. We are not the bandwagon type, we want earn our way up again, and now that we have one of the best night time coverage in GW2, and more NA presence, we see that as very much possible.

Crazy Leg

in WvW

Posted by: Tiglie.5834

Tiglie.5834

I don’t understand how any of the original Kain players stuck around. Your server is a mess. Snowballing for a month straight now…………….we’ve been on both ends, it’s no mystery that we server hop constantly, but man, being on the zerg server is easily the most boring thing in my opinion.

[LARP]
Tiglie Wiglie – Oh Bahmaz
Iz U Potato – Absentee Father

in WvW

Foss.4830

I cannot speak for [WM] or any other guild for that matter.

My guild transferred here because we wanted to help push a low tier server up into the higher tiers. We arent really a massive guild but we did bring a bunch of very experienced commanders that are well versed in WvW Tactics. We can actually make a difference here where as the higher tier servers really dont need need us. They are already well established.

Not that we or any guild should need to defend/explain ourselves. Its our decision to make and we should not be smacked down or called “Bandwagoners” for trying to stay competitive.

Im sorry you guys get caught up in our push to the top but dont come in here and rage at us. We’ll be gone at the end of the week and things will balance out again.

in WvW

Dhampyr.2104

I don’t understand how any of the original Kain players stuck around. Your server is a mess. Snowballing for a month straight now…………….we’ve been on both ends, it’s no mystery that we server hop constantly, but man, being on the zerg server is easily the most boring thing in my opinion.

I hear you – and for me, it goes back to my previous post – community. This whole blowout thing is going to end, most likely this Friday at reset, so I’ll have fun WvW again – AND I’ll still have the awesome Kaineng community that I love being a part of. I just had to be patient for it.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Cactus.2710

Thanks for the answers from the Kain folks. I’d like to think that everyone will be better off next week after reset, but with all the turmoil going on I’m not sure anyone really has a clue what it will look like.

I will say this, though, and I posted pretty much the exact same thing in a different thread:

A large map with lots of different objectives gives each server lots of choices … choices that make strategy and tactics important and provide opportunity for both large and small groups (even roamers) to make a significant difference. For me, that’s where the fun is. A tier with hoards of players in it is the equivalent of a small map … a tier with fewer players in it is the equivalent of a large map. It seems to me that the most desirable conditions for any server are to have a reasonably uniform population around the clock and be in a tier where the populations are similar among the three servers. Other than that, I personally see little benefit in being in a higher tier, and I suspect that I will always be happier in a middle tier or even lower one.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Littlefeather.8623

Thanks for the answers from the Kain folks. I’d like to think that everyone will be better off next week after reset, but with all the turmoil going on I’m not sure anyone really has a clue what it will look like.

I will say this, though, and I posted pretty much the exact same thing in a different thread:

A large map with lots of different objectives gives each server lots of choices … choices that make strategy and tactics important and provide opportunity for both large and small groups (even roamers) to make a significant difference. For me, that’s where the fun is. A tier with hoards of players in it is the equivalent of a small map … a tier with fewer players in it is the equivalent of a large map. It seems to me that the most desirable conditions for any server are to have a reasonably uniform population around the clock and be in a tier where the populations are similar among the three servers. Other than that, I personally see little benefit in being in a higher tier, and I suspect that I will always be happier in a middle tier or even lower one.

I understand, however some of us in the guild I am in are hardcore WvW players, we dont see any significant reason for the PvE content, and some of us are very competitive. I for one, I dont do WvW for “fun” I do it to win, some are not as serious, but some of us are.

Crazy Leg

in WvW

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

Well, after 4 months on kain, starting the game the first week that kain won I have abandoned ship to my #1 enemy, Dr, bringing along a few friends with me. So far the pastures have been much greener on the other side. As someone who loves roaming you can only handle so much steam rolling before you get bored out of your mind.

Last night four of us were running around kain bl having a blast. One thing I noticed and hope isn’t too normal is most of the fellow Dr people I saw were just exp training; two zergs worth actually. Someone mentioned how they saw an organized zergs last night, it was just an exp train.

Half of the reason we decided to run “exp trains” is because whenever we try to get a foothold in any map by taking a single tower, the maximum population of Kain allowed on that map at once come crashing down on us. We barely are given a chance to make some sort of progress. The only response Kain has for when we take a tower is to zerg it, or use more than 5 catapults/trebs to kill our zero upgraded tower.

So instead we are reduced to do one of the only options we have left: hitting supply camps. Sure it turns into basically doing an exp/karma train, but it lets us at least do SOMETHING worthwhile in WvW.

On a side note that was a fun battle in Ebay Borderlands yesterday at redbriar tower, were we got the tower walls upgraded juuuuuuuust as they were about to break. It was a good laugh for us.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

(edited by Fallout.1798)

in WvW

Littlefeather.8623

I want to shout out to DR/EB yesterday, not sure on which map but we won against 2 of your mass zergs (most memorable from yesterday for me)

One where the fight took place just south of NW supply camp, and another at the choke point of north supply camp (left side entrance)

With both of those, from the voices of my guildies in vent, I should not have charged in LOL. I admittedly can not see a mass zerg infront of me due to culling and latency I guess. And those two times I lead our zerg right in the heart of two other mass zergs lol, it was a battle both times, but we overcame, but still. lol. I just want yall to know, Im not a crazee suicidal commander, I have culling and latency issues though lol.

Im sure even WM got a kick out of that lol

Crazy Leg

in WvW

Posted by: Jaytee.9513

Jaytee.9513

I can assure you, that no one from Rethesis has transferred to exploit anything. Again, we chose to transfer to make a WvW focused server, from the bottom up. This requires night time presence as well as NA presence. This is a great combination right now for Kaineng, and at the right time.

If that is what you believe then i can’t gainsay you. I’m just saying what many others are feeling.. This is something you shouldn’t deny………..

Can you empathize with the facts that disruptive events like this destroys the enjoyment factor for the casual player?

in WvW

Littlefeather.8623

I can assure you, that no one from Rethesis has transferred to exploit anything. Again, we chose to transfer to make a WvW focused server, from the bottom up. This requires night time presence as well as NA presence. This is a great combination right now for Kaineng, and at the right time.

If that is what you believe then i can’t gainsay you. I’m just saying what many others are feeling.. This is something you shouldn’t deny………..

Can you empathize with the facts that disruptive events like this destroys the enjoyment factor for the casual player?

Yes I agree, to every decision there is a cause and effect. But we did not come here for this sole intention, I am sorry with the state of WvW in this tier at this moment, I really do apologize, I know its crappy for DR and EB, no one negates that. But our intent was to create WvW focused server, which is now Kaineng. Again, I understand, the guild I am in has been there too, and it is very disheartening, so I do understand.

Crazy Leg

in WvW

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

It may be disruptive, but human nature almost requires we go where the action is at. The old hands on Kaineng are just enjoying the ride (at least I am). We may stop eventually but I daresay things still won’t settle down. And, I guess, we may not be liked in certain quarters, but I’ve heard Maguuma, the server that didn’t want to, is headed up for similar reasons.

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

in WvW

Posted by: Silke.1695

Silke.1695

This is about the fifth time I have begun a post here, but I didn’t feel I had enough experience in WvW to speak to any of the deeper issues and trends about it. However, I realized that being a fairly new player in WvW puts me in the position of being able to see something that perhaps those of you highly immersed in it cannot see.

I rolled on Kaineng from the start, I’ve never played anywhere else, so please don’t take anything I say as being derisive towards your home and server. I will just give you my observations about Kaineng and perhaps some of the ‘Why’ several Guilds chose to come here and make Kaineng their new home.
(I know many of you think that these Guilds are just going to go poof after the first loss we incur, though I strongly disagree with that thought. But I’ll leave this, as it is a separate topic.)

One of the biggest reasons for this is Kaineng was already a strongly WvW centric community. It’s kind of seamless the way that we just go from doing WP runs to the Temples, joining some Boss event happening, or hopping the portal into WvW. It’s just how we play! That was one of the key factors I believe that made Kain attractive to come live in for them.

People’s sense of community in gaming is sort of like intellectual real estate. Every town (server) has a different culture, history and feel to it. In Kaineng’s case, it’s a little like one of those towns that spring up around a military base. It’s very WvW centric. Of course we have some residents that will probably never step foot into WvW, but I have found for the most part, that the residents of Kain see WvW as just another layer and experience to the game/neighborhood they are a member of.
(As another poster told of on his server) I could never imagine a time when a Commander had knocked down a Keeps door and couldn’t give a shout out for assistance. Then be lol’d at?? It simply would not happen here. Part of this is simply fate, of having so many like minded gamers wanting to play in a similar mindset/manner, but the rest is due to hard work. We have many community leaders that cultivate the love of WvW! They plan events and activities to make someone like old PvE-stuck me adoreeeee WvW and eager to learn more!
Or another way of looking at this is, stop seeing/treating your PvE folks as separate from your battle hardened warriors from WvW. Stop sneering at doing a dungeon run for your guild (unless your guild is totally WvW only) and expand your ideas of where your hardcore WvW’rs come from. They are cultivated and taught, without being made to feel less than or not as good, for not having the WvW experience some do.

If you had asked me a year ago if I was going to be going to WvW on reset night, I’d have looked at you like you were nuts. Now, I read the threads like mad and follow the other tiers progress with maniacal glee. Yep, I’m hooked All due to being cultivated and included. Think on it…

Toasted Coaster

in WvW

Posted by: Sajec.5302

Sajec.5302

From what I’ve heard, it was because the Leader of Pro got demoted by Pro’s War Counsel for making order to move to Magumma.

Hello Chaster, let me see if i can clarify some history for you. I never once “made an order to move.” If you want to know what happened, here you go:

I was tired of DR’s lack of adapting/learning Wv3 for progression as, to me, the server as a whole hadnt shown anything but mainly zerg strats for over 2 months PRO had been there. I asked the guild if they would consider transfer, general consensus was a flat no. I informed the guild I would be leaving as my game time and the style of game play on DR wasnt lining up. When I logged off the guild backstabbed me. It upset quite a few folks, some of which moved when I moved. Unfortunately for PRO those that moved were the core Wv3rs in PRO. There was adamant statements from Eyanthina/Darwinism and a few others about “never leaving DR”. When my son noticed PRO on Dragonbrand alongside some GASM, he posted in the forums asking what happened. PRO promptly kicked him from the guild when he was offline. As yet, still claiming not moving and never answered any questions on it. Within days the current guild leader, Eyanthina, moved PRO to Dragonbrand.

- I posted in forums as a “joke” that PRO was transfering. PRO’s response was: (this was 2 weeks ago mind you!)

OK in response to this thread regarding what Dred or Nytemyst posted. PRO is NOT and I REPEAT NOT transferring servers, OUR GUILD IS STAYING ON Devonas. This post by Dred last night was a practical joke or early April fools prank that he felt was going to be amusing. For anyone who has witnessed Dreds forum posting habits you know he is full of hot air most of the time and that he shouldn’t be taken too seriously with many things.
PRO is on DR to stay, and if it wasn’t I would not have spent so much time trying to build an alliance with other DR guilds, don’t take the words of one player to stand for the consensus of our entire guild.
Eyanthina [PRO] Officer!

A week later, PRO transfers. There was no “long thought out discussion and debate”.

The few who went with me tested the waters at Yak’s Bend briefly, made a name for ourselves as one tuff lil group the first 5 days there, we’re now on Fort Aspenwood checking it out.

Hope this shed some light on actual events and not how some would like them portrayed. Some great players on DR, never said otherwise, as well as the servers we fought.

If it’s any concilation, my lil group ran into PRO last night. It was 4 HELL vs 6 PRO….HELL: 6 loot bags, PRO: 0 After that we had to go through the Dragonbrand zerg to get to the PRO tags. Still managed to drop a few. Eventually they looked to have left the field and took up defending the Bay from inside cuz the only time we saw them after that was when it was a 30ish DB zerg and they were in the rear following.

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Boy am I glad none of them wanted to come to Maguuma, if that part was true. Endless drama and plot twists from just one guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Wizardauz.3761

Wizardauz.3761

Boy am I glad none of them wanted to come to Maguuma, if that part was true. Endless drama and plot twists from just one guild.

Attachments:

Ehmry Bay – Good Fights Guild Leader
Lvl 80 Sylvari Guardian – Tzenjin [GF]
Lvl 80 Human Elementalist – Tzenkai [GF]

in WvW

saiyr.3071

what is this i dont even

in WvW

Posted by: Khanswrath.1032

Khanswrath.1032

Please take the time to look through a lot of the older posts by a lot of the newer members in this match-up. I see a lot of the same complaints in those older threads that many members of DR and EB are now posting in this current thread. The irony of it is many of the new members of Kain are the ones whom are fed up of all the complaining on the forums. Moving to be competitive I totally understand and have no grievance with but at least show some respect when that decision affects other tiers and throws the balance completely off. A collective decision of 4-5 guilds to move to a server has definitely caused a stir and certainly an imbalance. Any old Kains remember the anger and posts generated from when only 1 fairly decent sized guild moved to DR a few months back?
To make posts complaining about complainers when your older posts have those same complaints in them seems pretty kitten funny to me. Wait….did I just complain about complainers complaining about complaints? help……..me…..

Khanswrath-80 Thief [ODN]
“Do not argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. "