1-11-13 Maguuma vs. Borlis Pass/Devona's Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Sumwun.3846

Sumwun.3846

I hope for a repeat tonight! I was the asuran ele that kept mist forming in to burn down your siege. It got intense there for awhile we where so out numbered. Good job taking the keep though. By the way tell that ranger that was with you I’m calling the humane society. How many times do I have to kittenis poor panther?

Me too! Hey man, I don’t want to be too graphic, but we gang kitten that panther when we are bored just for the exercise.

It was a fantastic time. multiple pushes back and forth across the bridge. little side scraps kicking up to the S, SE and SW directly on top of us. The thing I enjoyed the most was seeing all these other mates just start popping up from the water to help, or seeing your numbers trickle out of the overlook steadily.

I give credit to Morningstar as well. If the man did nothing right except one thing, his communication internally is outstanding. Sure lj was throwing out info to him while he was up north working on bay, but there were plenty of times I saw his icon head south before a call even went out. he reminds me of Lord Varys. He’s got little birds watching everything and they feed him information. I notice it in EB when I am there. There is always an AOD member silently running around with most groups. Sure sometimes it feels like spies, and I’m sure sometimes they are. But watching his zerg roll up behind your growing zerg a few times was just really rewarding to witness.

It’s been a positive week for growth on DR, that much is obvious. We aren’t done learning and perfecting, that too is obvious but members of my community win or lose have plenty to be happy with from these two weeks passed.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: Jaaded.1870

Jaaded.1870

Nice to see ya guys back in EB this morning Mag. Thought you had abandoned us! :p

I’m not sure if everyone forgot but we fought Kain for at least 8 weeks..

Omg we devon’s don’t like to wake up in the morning it was hell getting 6 of us to take this!!!

Attachments:

Lilj/Liljaad
SoCo
Yak’s Bend

(edited by Jaaded.1870)

in WvW

Posted by: Mortalitas.9710

Mortalitas.9710

I hope for a repeat tonight! I was the asuran ele that kept mist forming in to burn down your siege. It got intense there for awhile we where so out numbered. Good job taking the keep though. By the way tell that ranger that was with you I’m calling the humane society. How many times do I have to kittenis poor panther?

Me too! Hey man, I don’t want to be too graphic, but we gang kitten that panther when we are bored just for the exercise.

It was a fantastic time. multiple pushes back and forth across the bridge. little side scraps kicking up to the S, SE and SW directly on top of us. The thing I enjoyed the most was seeing all these other mates just start popping up from the water to help, or seeing your numbers trickle out of the overlook steadily.

I give credit to Morningstar as well. If the man did nothing right except one thing, his communication internally is outstanding. Sure lj was throwing out info to him while he was up north working on bay, but there were plenty of times I saw his icon head south before a call even went out. he reminds me of Lord Varys. He’s got little birds watching everything and they feed him information. I notice it in EB when I am there. There is always an AOD member silently running around with most groups. Sure sometimes it feels like spies, and I’m sure sometimes they are. But watching his zerg roll up behind your growing zerg a few times was just really rewarding to witness.

It’s been a positive week for growth on DR, that much is obvious. We aren’t done learning and perfecting, that too is obvious but members of my community win or lose have plenty to be happy with from these two weeks passed.

Ill make sure to be in your BL tonight, bring the panther!

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

in WvW

Sumwun.3846

Don’t threaten me with a good time!

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

I mean WaR, ILL, SM, GOON all these guilds and outnumbering us at least 4 to 1. Yet they know where we are, when to hit, where we placed our siege. I mean at least fake it and pretend to not to know..

WaR is a small guild that just transferred from Borlis Pass to Maguuma. I doubt they would send one member to a server that is losing by a large amount to spy.

Think before you post nonsense.

Cmon Zara, we know for a fact, they still have members here.

That is indeed a fact, but your accusations of spying are not a fact. That would be defamation. Get over yourself.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Jaaded.1870

Yorgy step away from the panther!!!!

Lilj/Liljaad
SoCo
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Sumwun.3846

They only say that out of jealousy. Never for the panthers well being. ..

I will when I’m done, woman!

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Sooo, fight club, anyone?

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Warlord Lu Bu.7905

I mean WaR, ILL, SM, GOON all these guilds and outnumbering us at least 4 to 1. Yet they know where we are, when to hit, where we placed our siege. I mean at least fake it and pretend to not to know..

WaR is a small guild that just transferred from Borlis Pass to Maguuma. I doubt they would send one member to a server that is losing by a large amount to spy.

If WäR really did want to spy, we could simply ask the many friends we still have in Borlis Pass for some information.

However, this matchup was already decided the moment we transferred over to Maguuma. There’s never been any reason for anyone to spy on anyone during this matchup.

Perhaps we know where siege is because you can see where arrows are shooting from if you simply look for it. Any other siege should be incredibly obvious to find. This isn’t rocket science is it?

War Legend Lu Bu – Commander
[WäR] Warband of Absolute Retribution
Borlis Pass

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

However, this matchup was already decided the moment we transferred over to Maguuma.

Look who think’s they’re important! >:\

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

I’m not sure if everyone forgot but we fought Kain for at least 8 weeks..

You’re underestimating how much they’ve changed if you think it’s the same kain. WM really are beasts at tactical play and engagements enough to change an entire timezone. I spent a week over there playing with them, and I can’t wait to fight them if they come up to t4 or we drop to t5 again.

Their group movement/positioning is so good that their current tier has people accusing them of being a single botter. It’s a pleasure to watch.

(edited by Pinko.2076)

in WvW

Sumwun.3846

However, this matchup was already decided the moment we transferred over to Maguuma. There’s never been any reason for anyone to spy on anyone during this matchup.

I think it was decided before the transfer.

Fight Club? I don’t want to attract more mag!

..eer yes! sounds great. take all your fight clubbers to Borlis and Mag maps. we will send our fight clubbers there. Now, don’t go sending people looking for the fight clubbers. stay put and wait. we’ll be there.. later.. be ready and abundant. but most importantly, don’t leave.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

lol wait… so your trying to state that, before you joined mag.. the victory of mag over BP wasn’t decided yet?

wow.

in WvW

Mortalitas.9710

See we are all having fun it gets all serious again! See you there ! Ill make make sure to wear my kitten kicking boots:) I’m asuran but hung like a Norn

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

in WvW

Warlord Lu Bu.7905

lol wait… so your trying to state that, before you joined mag.. the victory of mag over BP wasn’t decided yet?

wow.

What I’m saying is we transferred over to Borlis Pass some hours before this reset began. So for the figure of speech, the matchup was over before it began.

Borlis Pass

in WvW

Mortalitas.9710

wow.

What I’m saying is we transferred over to Borlis Pass some hours before this reset began. So for the figure of speech, the matchup was over before it began.

Lu Bu brother it’s over your here on Mag now. Ignore the comments and B.S. come over here with me and Yorgy. It’s your turn with the panther!
Also be in DR borderlands tonight it’s on like Donkey Kong. We are gonna end this week on a high note from both sides. And do bad bad things to a panther!

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

in WvW

saiyr.3071

However, this matchup was already decided the moment we transferred over to Maguuma.

Wow, go to bed.

wow.

Lu Bu brother it’s over your here on Mag now. Ignore the comments and B.S. come over here with me and Yorgy. It’s your turn with the panther!
Also be in DR borderlands tonight it’s on like Donkey Kong. We are gonna end this week on a high note from both sides. And do bad bad things to a panther!

That just sounds wrong. So wrong.

in WvW

Mortalitas.9710

Wow, go to bed.

wow.

That just sounds wrong. So wrong.

What? We are getting back with nature!

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Wow, go to bed.

Maguuma never sleeps.

in WvW

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

I think everyone needs to take note that WaR is one of the greatest guilds out there. Their 50+ people guild could carry an entire server and has caused the score of the current matchup. If it wasn’t for WaR, I’m sure Borlis would have been greater than or equal to Maguuma.

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonHandHiro.9574

CrimsonHandHiro.9574

Time for Tales of Maguuma… I will start with a written retelling of the oral epic of our people.

Now one day long ago, our ancestors at Maguuma lived a hard scrabbled lifestyle. Penned in by a mighty horde of foes, Maguuma looked inward and fell to despair. The enemy was numerous and even the land turned against those who stayed behind. The keep was inhabited by a terrible beast, the Mighty grub. Haunted by the grub the people of Maguuma united to strike it down as their country fell before the storm of invaders.

Alas the mightiest heroes of Maguuma pulled together in a natural fortress of Pangloss Rise, a cave with but two entrances. The people dug in, and set about all matter of siege. For days did they hold onto their hope and their weapons. When finally the dust cleared and the blood pooled, there was naught but Rams and Maguuma. That is when all who drew breath knew the Lord Flame Ram had seen us through the fight.

So you see, we have been blessed by the Flame Ram but only through the Grub were we forged into the Flame Ram’s weapon.

Through Lord Flame Ram, All things are possible.

in WvW

Posted by: PAGamer.4072

PAGamer.4072

I see what you’re doing here.

You do know it’s just a pile of sticks, right?

Elwyn Eileurer
The Not Amazing Broken Toaster – Tarnished Coast
[Fun] with Naked Mole Rats/No One Really Likes Us [Sad]

in WvW

saiyr.3071

No you are just a pile of sticks

in WvW

Jaaded.1870

See we are all having fun it gets all serious again! See you there ! Ill make make sure to wear my kitten kicking boots:) I’m asuran but hung like a Norn

Haha! Oh my I’m hiding behind Yorgy!!!

Lilj/Liljaad
SoCo
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: PAGamer.4072

PAGamer.4072

No you are just a pile of sticks

Nuh uh!

Elwyn Eileurer
The Not Amazing Broken Toaster – Tarnished Coast
[Fun] with Naked Mole Rats/No One Really Likes Us [Sad]

in WvW

Sumwun.3846

Haha! Oh my I’m hiding behind Yorgy!!!

Considering some of the company we keep. I’m not sure how safe a place that would be.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

To DR and Emery Bay if you are reading.

How to play against Kain. during NA prime time.

Their single biggest threat is War Machine, the T1 oceanic guild.

They will concentrate on EB. Keep them busy in EB to avoid them from spilling over to assist in the BLs.

If you can manage this you can focus on dominating the BLs as this is left to the old Kain guilds with some new transfers. These are easily handled if you can keep WM from coming in to assist.

Kain NA strat will be to play you to a draw in your own BLs. They will hold the south and you will hold the north and vice versa in their own BLs. While WM tries to dominate in EB and wait for the night to reset everything.

TLDR version. Play offense on the BLs and defense in EB. Implementing this strat we were able to pretty much play them to a draw on opening night. NSP has a weak NA team and stronger Oceanic team. Anvil Rock has a strong NA team.

see screenshot.

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/37041/gw007.jpg

War Machine:

-They will not hang out and fight if things are not going there way, they will quickly change and seek out a softer target.

-They will keep enough bodies at keeps and SM to call out incs and will drop everything to come and defend.

see video.

note @ 2:09 how they cut scene from attacking AR to NSP. They will seek out the softer target.

note @ 9:23 how they break from capping a node, avoid 2 zergs and head straight to SM. You need to always know where they are on the map.

Overall once we figured them out, they weren’t too tough to handle in NA prime time.

Have fun with the Kain train.

-K

-K

in WvW

Posted by: WantedMan.4076

WantedMan.4076

I think Mag was a nice learning experience for DR. I know I have learned alot.. Thanks! Hopefully we can fight again in the future.. whats the score at this time? did we steal Bay/Hills from Mag in DR BL yet?

Messin Around 80 Mesmer
Avanise 80 Ranger
Devona’s Rest RED Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

Looks like WarMachine run a gank style zerg. Xushin does that pretty well on Maguuma.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

did we steal Bay/Hills from Mag in DR BL yet?

I’m guessing that’s East Keep? If so, no.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Pentzski.4620

Pentzski.4620

Obviously, you underestimate the ENVY mesmers. Looking forward to it!

ENVY is in Ferguson’s Crossing again. We won’t be seeing them.

Lilliàna – Mesmer
Leader of Nameless Accord [NA]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

Yeah, wife told me; I deleted the post, but obviously after you saw it!

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Pentzski.4620

Pentzski.4620

Yeah, wife told me; I deleted the post, but obviously after you saw it!

Haha, yeah, noticed you deleted it. was debating on deleting my reply. But it would have been nice to see ENVY again I do so miss them.

Lilliàna – Mesmer
Leader of Nameless Accord [NA]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Darwinism.8619

Darwinism.8619

You know at first I had respect for Maguuma, but seeing the amount of spies they is ridiculous..

But lets just say a guild on our server sent someone over to your server to learn them.

Hmm, so what’s this about spies?

1. Just to give everyone an alternate perspective… I died right beside Kwayzee in the Lords Room when Mag rushed in… my 1st thoughts were not “Spy’s”… it was “Wow” look how well run Mag is… Our Commanders always say “don’t rush Lords Room… go up Stairs clear walls and siege 1st.” Yet often DR gets Blinded by Glory and has a One Track Mind.. in Capping a Circle and Killing the Lord… Are there Mag spy’s on Alt accounts in DR…? Id be naive if I believe there were not.

2. I try my best to make friendships in every Match-Up DR faces… I have a Large Friends List… some on DR server frown on what they see as “Fraternizing w/ the Enemy”… I see it as “Good Sportsmanship” offering Respect to other Honorable Players… A friend from Kain… a server we fought for Months… gave me My current build for my D/D Ele… And player from Mag did talk to DR ppl willing to listen about promoting/playing a Mezmer in the WvW environment… He was completely Honorable and a Great Representative of Maguuma as a Server… You should be Very Proud to Have him as a Player.. P.S. he did hint about us joining Maguuma

3. Last night I was killed by a Maguuma Thief on the Bridge to Center Island BlueBriar side…Hmmm how to best describe him..? Lets say… He was dressed like a “Pirate that was not in the Closet cause he was searching for Narnia…” he decided to dance on my corpse… while the Zerg took the Tower then he waited a bit after Zerg moved on… i’m guessing he was trying to Comfort me over my untimely Death… I am Greatful for his taking a few moments out of his day while Consoling me & Providing Solace…

justsay’n

Attachments:

Darwin Ism(HumanThief) Thin The Herd(HumanMezmer) Abuzz Kill(AsuranD/D Ele)
[PRO] World Defender

(edited by Darwinism.8619)

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Why do people think that the enemy won’t react when you put up swords…? Then when they do, oh it has to be a spy! It’s like people don’t get that wiping groups at the lord is the greatest dream crusher there is.

Clear siege, watch entrances/exits, call out scouts, and watch your butts, and you’re least likely to get jumped.

in WvW

Posted by: Plok.6145

Plok.6145

I think everyone needs to take note that WaR is one of the greatest guilds out there. Their 50+ people guild could carry an entire server and has caused the score of the current matchup. If it wasn’t for WaR, I’m sure Borlis would have been greater than or equal to Maguuma.

Frankly Zara, you say things like this even though you know the server decided not to even play this week. Don’t act like WaR carried the server, that simply is a fallacy. Multiple weeks of having guilds on BP jump on coat tails took the steam out of people. you know as well as I do, there is barely anyone out in WvW for Borlis atm. Many running xp groups, but not too much serious keep taking or fighting going on. Enjoy your ride, just Krew #2 at this point. Just one more zerg guild over there.

Sincerely,

Commander Plok The Original Leader of Shadow of Agony [GOAT]

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

DR, stop building trebs in the Garrison you JUST got. This is why you can’t have nice things, we’re gonna take our Garrison back now,

But seriously, you’re kicking the hornet’s nest by trying to treb from a paper keep. You guys keep doing this.

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in WvW

Warlord Lu Bu.7905

How come we only see the same people from BP willing to have some fun at the duel competitions? Would be nice to see some new faces, perhaps some well known BP commanders showing up. Win or lose, just show up and have some fun.

Borlis Pass

in WvW

saiyr.3071

How come we only see the same people from BP willing to have some fun at the duel competitions? Would be nice to see some new faces, perhaps some well known BP commanders showing up. Win or lose, just show up and have some fun.

That’s what fight club tends to end up being, the same people coming out to have some dueling fun. I think the crowd was fairly static on Maguuma for a long time until you guys came along :P

in WvW

Mortalitas.9710

Well DR and Yorgy you came through! Thanks for the fights! I came in halfway through you guys taking Garrison back. Walked through a door you where there, walked out the door you where there. Died, escaped revived by a NPC. Then got killed in the Lords room died again.
Then it was pretty much a fight across the map from SE keep up to North camp. We finally got some numbers together and started hitting hardcore. But I would say it was fairly even all night. I think we all spent some coin on repairs tonight for sure.

What was up with you guys guarding the north camp so hard though? Man there was probably 20-30 people there when we hit it and failed. Then we would have had it the second time if your spawn was not there it would have been Green.

Truly though Good Luck DR I hope we see you guys again! With less Drama in the forums though
I won’t get to spank on you guys tomorrow night though, I start college at 35. Talk about a procrastinator geez
Good Luck DR, Yorgy nice to chat with you. BP hope you guys pull it together also and you guys become competitive again.

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

in WvW

saiyr.3071

North supply is DR’s precious baby this week. I think on Saturday or Sunday we wiped 5-6 times trying to take that supply camp because it would always have 3-5 ballistas set up and people guarding it. Even when the guard was minimal, a zerg would stream out after we put up x’s and take us down. Certainly fun fights up there :P

in WvW

Posted by: wisedog.5693

wisedog.5693

Fun times at EBG jp

Attachments:

in WvW

Jaaded.1870

Ninety more seconds Mag and we would have had hills!!! Nice rally

Lilj/Liljaad
SoCo
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

So who’s leaving Mag before the 28th comes up and paid transfers are initiated?

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Psychatog.8246

Psychatog.8246

Why do people think that the enemy won’t react when you put up swords…? Then when they do, oh it has to be a spy! It’s like people don’t get that wiping groups at the lord is the greatest dream crusher there is.

Clear siege, watch entrances/exits, call out scouts, and watch your butts, and you’re least likely to get jumped.

Because zergs have been showing up before swords go up….in absolutely random locations. ive tested it out in our TS personally, when we give out info in party only or give out conflicting info in TS we’ve been significantly more successful. Its clear someone is feeding info….not that i really care personally, Ive found ways around it.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Buuuut I need my POIs!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Truearrow.3527

Truearrow.3527

So who’s leaving Mag before the 28th comes up and paid transfers are initiated?

Hopefully all of the bandwagon bads that hopped over here when we started winning.

Hey transfers, if you didn’t come from [SM] or [WäR], if you aren’t on our serverwide mumble, or if you don’t know how to do things like run supply, place siege, and PvP outside of a plastic bag, then Maguuma doesn’t want you. Go away. Go read one of the million ~please join our server~ posts and pick another server for you. It’s the last chance before you get ridiculed in team chat every day.

What he^ said, be competent/willing to learn, work with the community, get on mumble with us or go away, we dont want you.

Embrace the Evil [TIE][PYRO] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

Because zergs have been showing up before swords go up….in absolutely random locations. ive tested it out in our TS personally, when we give out info in party only or give out conflicting info in TS we’ve been significantly more successful. Its clear someone is feeding info….not that i really care personally, Ive found ways around it.

Are you talking about white or orange swords?

Because you better believe that Maguuma checks every single set of white swords that go up anywhere on the map, and we usually have a report in less than a minute.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

I’m not inclined to believe this. Simply because the core of the Maguuma crew discourages spying. Maguuma deals with spies all the time, and even on several occasions during this match up. It’s the dirty part that comes with having a public voice comm. If you don’t care, that’s fine, but there are obviously people that do. You should teach them your ways around it so they can stop complaining about it in the forums.

in WvW

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

Heres a video i just finished of some of the Eternal Battlegrounds action this week.