1-11-13 SoS vs JQ vs BG redux

in WvW

Posted by: Jedahs.2713

Jedahs.2713

Q:

Okay in this topic we are going to play nice and not yell at each other.

Tier 1 is full of rainbows and unicorns!

Post screenshots of your multi-coloured apple pies below! Yummy!

Jedahs, Sea of Sorrow’s 1st WvW Commander
Resigned Founder of Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC]
Join 1500+ WvWers @ blacklion.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

A:

Attachments:

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

(edited by PredatoR.5247)

in WvW

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

So waypoint just finished inside overlook… current score update, I think this expresses the current wvw situation.

Note: The treb is to counter BG’s turtle

Attachments:

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Turtles are easy to break without siege. They really only work against random people and not against anyone half way decent.

in WvW

Jedahs.2713

Great Archaos, CEO of RUIN

….are you proud of me yet? FATHER?! ARE YOU PROUD OF ME YET?!

(edited by Jedahs.2713)

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Great Archaos, CEO of RUIN

….are you proud of me yet? FATHER?! ARE YOU PROUD OF ME YET?!

Funny thing is, I did see some from the RUIN guild on blackgate today.

My how the tables turn.

in WvW

Posted by: neogico.3298

neogico.3298

I hate both JQ and BG equally, both servers cant honor a duel. Always taunting. Even the so glorified HB runs in 5s and when you die 5vs1 to them you get laughed at, what a joke… you cant even try to tickle a 1n1 out of that guild its a brainless aoe zerg. BG as a whole im thoroughly disappointed. What kind of a server gives up after 1 1/2 days. I really miss SBI, at least they had decent roamers that would bow and duel you and showed some respect.

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Looks like there are two servers left that have the coverage for T1. Grats guys!

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

covenn.7165

Some lead you to believe coverage isn’t important, but we should all know by now it is the difference maker.

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

I dunno Neo, the same type of people that wouldn’t honor a duel are probably those same people that simply won’t let one single person pass their zerg without retribution. You know how annoying getting POIs, Vistas and Skill Points because of that are? Its not only JQ and BG, I’m sure people on your server are also at fault of this (which I know for a fact – SoS isn’t the good-natured server that you’re indirectly claiming it to be). Its the nature of WvW. You go to WvW to have a large scale battle, not 1v1 or 30v1.

That being said, I have gotten used to getting ganked by large zergs if I am just trying to do map completion.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

(edited by Magiofdeath.2745)

in WvW

Posted by: waeren.9743

waeren.9743

Even the so glorified HB runs in 5s and when you die 5vs1 to them you get laughed at, what a joke… you cant even try to tickle a 1n1 out of that guild its a brainless aoe zerg.

We’re a WvW guild, not a duel guild, sorry for WvWing in a WvW zone. As for the laughing I got no excuse for that and if it was 5v1 I don’t get why they’d do it. (unless you’re a culling abusing thief)

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

What’s funny is BG crushed the off-peak hours in T2, and many on SoR called them night cappers. Shows the contrast in coverage between the top two tiers nicely I think.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

Even the so glorified HB runs in 5s and when you die 5vs1 to them you get laughed at, what a joke… you cant even try to tickle a 1n1 out of that guild its a brainless aoe zerg.

We’re a WvW guild, not a duel guild, sorry for WvWing in a WvW zone. As for the laughing I got no excuse for that and if it was 5v1 I don’t get why they’d do it. (unless you’re a culling abusing thief)

Please excuse my noobish but who’s HB?

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

I hate both JQ and BG equally, both servers cant honor a duel. Always taunting. Even the so glorified HB runs in 5s and when you die 5vs1 to them you get laughed at, what a joke… you cant even try to tickle a 1n1 out of that guild its a brainless aoe zerg. BG as a whole im thoroughly disappointed. What kind of a server gives up after 1 1/2 days. I really miss SBI, at least they had decent roamers that would bow and duel you and showed some respect.

I am pretty sure no HB´s have laughed at you. If you still stand by your statement, please let me see a screenshot.

Regarding the matchup, I still think its to early to call out who has what coverage. Alot of people on all servers pulled of mulitple shifts during the weekend. Give the matchup some time to settle.

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

(edited by Smokee.1754)

in WvW

Posted by: Ashanae.9362

Ashanae.9362

I hate both JQ and BG equally, both servers cant honor a duel. Always taunting. Even the so glorified HB runs in 5s and when you die 5vs1 to them you get laughed at, what a joke…

Its like SoS never laught at you when you get killed 1 vs 5.

in WvW

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

Its like SoS never laught at you when you get killed 1 vs 50.

Fixed it!

Rainbows and unicorns!!! Squee!

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: SirLeroyz.5820

SirLeroyz.5820

I hate both JQ and BG equally, both servers cant honor a duel. Always taunting. Even the so glorified HB runs in 5s and when you die 5vs1 to them you get laughed at, what a joke…

let’s face it, every server has that, but the thing is, I’ve been on wvw for a good 3 months, and i haven’t encounter any server as arrogant as BG that does it the most. That reminds me where are all the BG smack talkers now? but anyways, good show for SoS and JQ.

in WvW

Smokee.1754

That reminds me where are all the BG smack talkers now?

Where did you see all the smack talk from BG before?

in WvW

Posted by: neogico.3298

neogico.3298

I am pretty sure no HB´s have laughed at you. If you still stand by your statement, please let me see a screenshot.

Regarding the matchup, I still think its to early to call out who has what coverage. Alot of people on all servers pulled of mulitple shifts during the weekend. Give the matchup some time to settle.

I dont have a screenshot of it… was a 5 man HB group on SoS bl about an hour ago… I waved, I bowed and tried to instigate a duel, but they just layed down their cc and aoe and then one of them laughed.
I know you are a wvw guild, was just wanting to see how you guys do in duels, individual skill persay (looked like your pvp group), as there isnt much else to do right now. I am a thief, however there is no culling in small groupfights and I dont use Shadow Refuge (which needs to be nerfed). noob refuge be for noobs.

in WvW

Jedahs.2713

Maybe that video in your signature about JQ and SOS being “puppets in your theater of destruction”?

I must say it’s an awesome video.

But in the end, maybe “numbers + experience” trumps “keep coming”, “not backing down”, “taking things to a whole new level”, and showing us “things we’ve never seen before”

Hehehe, I’m just playing with you it’s a very good video. Awesome video making skills, you should be proud.

(edited by Jedahs.2713)

in WvW

Posted by: Tala.7638

Tala.7638

Please, can we not get moderated here? I personally have been having a ton of excitement this week. HB is a great foe. And other BG guilds have showed well. The dynamics of this game are as they are. Please try to accept it. This is T1 WvW3 for a reason. And also, from the rumor mill, maybe a PRX move will fill some gaps in coverage that BG is having. Either way, it is what is, this a great game, and we should work on strengthening our entire community. I know ppl need to stroke their kittens, but get over that. Keep this thread positive. It has been a fun weekend, and I am looking forward to a lot more fun this week. This kinda stuff is why we play MMOs, let US not forget that.
EDIT: Smokee’s video was great. If Kurthos or some other Aoi member, or someone from the SoS community had made such a great video, I would’ve applauded it, so I do not know why people are not giving Smokee props for making a solid inspirational piece for HIS server, and sending a message to JQ and SoS that HB and BG were going to bring it…which they have. So Smokee, great job man. And your guild has spoken with their tactics and field presence. Please keep it up.

Attachments:

Talaysteria/Talas Cap/Talarenth
THE Mystic Plumbers [LUCK]
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

(edited by Tala.7638)

in WvW

Smokee.1754

Maybe that video in your signature about JQ and SOS being “puppets in your theater of destruction”?

But in the end, maybe “numbers + experience” trumps “keep coming”, “not backing down”, “taking things to a whole new level”, and showing us “things we’ve never seen before”

Hehehe, I’m just playing with you it’s a very good video. Awesome video making skills, you should be proud.

HB aint backing down. With the exception of 3 hours during the early sunday hours, we´ve been out there in the field 24/7 during the weekend, and you will see us again tonight. I have said it before, and I will say it again. We are loving the fights we are getting. Please keep em comming.

Regarding Indos comment it is true that Blackgates strength and weakness is its coverage.
We got very few guilds that can field 20+, but alot of small guilds throughout the timezones. We as a server has taken steps towards making these more coordinated, and we have improved, partly thanks to SoR who forced us to improve. Tier 1 is a whole new ballgame, and we will have to adapt once again.

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

I just want to shine a little positive light on the negative posts in regards to random attitudes and 1v1, etc.

I ran into an SoS D/D Ele yesterday (was on my Charr Warrior). I can’t remember if she (human female) was guilded or not. I saw her eying the sentry between Hills and Garrison. She spotted me and backed off. I sat at the sentry for a second to see if there were any other SoS around. Once I saw we were alone, I moved away from the sentry. She had bowed, which I didn’t see until after the duel (way too paranoid scanning around for other SoS/JQ, so sorry for not bowing at the start).

We engaged and dueled for about 2 minutes to a draw. We got a random wolf add and she pulled back while I killed the wolf. After that, another BG approached us. We both bowed and she headed back for the SoS controlled hills. Neither I, nor the other BG, pursued.

So “honorable” duels do happen. They are just rare, from my experience.

[AoN] All or Nothing

(edited by Xirin.8593)

in WvW

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

IF HB is getting trolled by the Ruin JR guild leader of 500+ members you must be doing something right.

Good fights BG no one can compete with the coverage and guild presence currently SoS can bring.

HB aint backing down. With the exception of 3 hours during the early sunday hours, we´ve been out there in the field 24/7 during the weekend, and you will see us again tonight. I have said it before, and I will say it again. We are loving the fights we are getting. Please keep em comming.

Regarding Indos comment it is true that Blackgates strength and weakness is its coverage.
We got very few guilds that can field 20+, but alot of small guilds throughout the timezones. We as a server has taken steps towards making these more coordinated, and we have improved, partly thanks to SoR who forced us to improve. Tier 1 is a whole new ballgame, and we will have to adapt once again.

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

I said it before and I’ll say it again and dont take this as any disrespect. BG as a server has a lot of coverage but not enough skilled/organized coverage.

You’re joking right? The coverage BG has is far more oragnized/skilled than SoS or JQ, the problem is BG simply doesn’t have enough of it to match SoS’s numbers let alone SoS+JQ. BG has been constantly stopping much larger SoS zergs with fewer numbers, the problem comes when skill/organization cannot overcome a greater population and that’s the wall BG hits. BG can have 20 skilled and organized people but they aren’t going to win vs 100 half coordinated zerglings.

in WvW

Posted by: Dynheart.5402

Dynheart.5402

I don’t know, maybe from the constant smack talk from the previous T1 meeting, and up to this meeting as well.

The one that sticks our the most is where the BG forum warriors keep saying that JQ isn’t a T1 server, despite out accomplishments. I read your T2 threads…you guys seem to be obesessed with JQ; and we are talking T2 threads from 4…5…6 weeks ago (not including weeks 3..2…1). You just want to boot us out because we are weak, and you guys are a true T1 server.

So, according to your forum warriors, we don’t belong. We ride the success of the 1st place team…if that makes any sense. Terrible logic. But let’s humor this * backwards logic….How come no one else can do it? Gotta be good to do it/be competitive/stay in the game with SoS to even “ride in their success”.

But, we are just a T2 team according to the BG posters here. I’m sure you’ll say “nuh uhhhh!” History/forum history says otherwise.

But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. We haven’t talked about the train wreck that was “Beastgate”.

I also remember replying to a guy named “peas” or something like that. He said that you guys had more posts/bigger threads than T1, therefore you guys would dominate. I told him that was a bad idea. He couldn’t resist saying that JQ didn’t belong btw…

I never understood that why BG posters, even when not going against us, still post about us.

Chrisiana Dynheart – Guardian
[FIRE] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Aorin.9168

Aorin.9168

So now SoS is spawn camping us in EB? I see you are now T1 because you have the numbers and the “night crew”. Not because of any skill or class. I’ve seen better sportsmanship in our T2 encounters.

in WvW

Posted by: Indo.8629

Indo.8629

I said it before and I’ll say it again and dont take this as any disrespect. BG as a server has a lot of coverage but not enough skilled/organized coverage.

You’re joking right? The coverage BG has is far more oragnized/skilled than SoS or JQ, the problem is BG simply doesn’t have enough of it to match SoS’s numbers let alone SoS+JQ. BG has been constantly stopping much larger SoS zergs with fewer numbers, the problem comes when skill/organization cannot overcome a greater population and that’s the wall BG hits. BG can have 20 skilled and organized people but they aren’t going to win vs 100 half coordinated zerglings.

I wouldn’t knock sos or jq. They are solid servers which have earned their place in t1.

Tempest Wolves – The Sanctum
80k kills and counting

in WvW

Tala.7638

I disagree with this. In my experience from what I have seen, the numbers are fairly even. Let us not get into the outmanned thing now. The last thread got closed because of a 2v1 QQ. Why can not people be okay with that fact that, we ALL have some great tactics, and solid players on all sides. Why must there always have to be some kind of excuse for losing battles. When I lead [Work] into a situation where we are outmanned or I make a bad call, i admit to teamspeak, we re-group and formulate a new plan. That is what is fun about T1, it is more a chess match than a checkers game. The more we give light to some excuse, we start to belittle all of our’s skill. Why can we not keep a positive, with some light fun trolling mixed in here and there?

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

in WvW

Tala.7638

So now SoS is spawn camping us in EB? I see you are now T1 because you have the numbers and the “night crew”. Not because of any skill or class. I’ve seen better sportsmanship in our T2 encounters.

This is what needs to stop, in my opinion. Should we just let you out and allow to gather income? Come on.

EDIT: EB is privilege, not a right. If you want income, and cant get a foothold in EB, go to your homeland and start the new OP event; get a couple towers.

(edited by Tala.7638)

in WvW

Posted by: Dynheart.5402

Dynheart.5402

Skill. You know how JQ manages to stay Second mostly every week, while being out numbered by SoS? Skill. We don’t whine, though. We give them a good fight and move to the next week. If we win a week, good. If we lose? Who cares. The fights are great.

Stop whining about coverage and show SoS and JQ that you are skilled. Skilled players don’t get trounced, pugs do. There’s gonna be a 3rd place…if it’s you guys, go down fighting…with your skilled players.

Excuses are just that…Honestly? I haven’t heard the 2v1 excuse since…the last time you guys were in T1. We also had our first T1 thread locked, also, since you guys were in T1. Let’s just WvWvW, and enough of the “we are better, you just have numbers” crap…we’ve seen that card played before, and it’s quite old.

Show US you’re skilled…save some effin face. Otherwise the “skill” talk is just that…talk. Then we’re pretty much going back to square one…“beastgate” all over again.

Chrisiana Dynheart – Guardian
[FIRE] – Jade Quarry

(edited by Dynheart.5402)

in WvW

Posted by: Grimmaz.9348

Grimmaz.9348

I’m going to keep it clean and be a good sportsman here but HB sure is making themselves look they talk a little too big for their britches with that video in Smokee’s signature. I’m glad you guys want to bring it to T1 and be #1, I’m sure everyone would agree that good competition is what makes pvp fun but gloating like you are in that video and then getting crushed is pretty bad. Also on a side note, let someone else make a tribute video to your guild otherwise it looks like you’re the attention starved kid saying, “hey guys, it’s my birthday so wish me a happy birthday. Hey guys! I said it’s my birthday so wish me a happy birthday! Guys?” Hopefully my advice is taken seriously and not as an insult. See you guys out on the battlefield.

in WvW

covenn.7165

What’s funny is BG crushed the off-peak hours in T2, and many on SoR called them night cappers. Shows the contrast in coverage between the top two tiers nicely I think.

I am just happy that BG actually have enemies to test them now during those hours. I imagine it is far more enjoyable for them. I just wish we could have provided the forces to do so ourselves in T2.

in WvW

covenn.7165

I wouldn’t knock sos or jq. They are solid servers which have earned their place in t1.

Agreed.

JQ is my original home before moving on to seek other challenge. They definitely earned their place there.

in WvW

Smokee.1754

I’m going to keep it clean and be a good sportsman here but HB sure is making themselves look they talk a little too big for their britches with that video in Smokee’s signature. I’m glad you guys want to bring it to T1 and be #1, I’m sure everyone would agree that good competition is what makes pvp fun but gloating like you are in that video and then getting crushed is pretty bad. Also on a side note, let someone else make a tribute video to your guild otherwise it looks like you’re the attention starved kid saying, “hey guys, it’s my birthday so wish me a happy birthday. Hey guys! I said it’s my birthday so wish me a happy birthday! Guys?” Hopefully my advice is taken seriously and not as an insult. See you guys out on the battlefield.

When did HB get crushed? We are only a small part of Blackgate, and we stand by the statement that we work towards making Blackgate #1. We are making a difference on every map we enter, but we cant be on all maps, neither can we be on all the time.

Your feedback is noted. Hopefully my video has given you some motivation to fight us in the field. See you in a couple of hours.

in WvW

covenn.7165

You’re joking right? The coverage BG has is far more oragnized/skilled than SoS or JQ, the problem is BG simply doesn’t have enough of it to match SoS’s numbers let alone SoS+JQ. BG

I wise man on your server once told me that the only thing that matters is the scoreboard. Keep up the good fight bro. I know what it is like to walk in shoes similar to yours where the enemy has overwhelming and superior coverage.

in WvW

covenn.7165

Skill. You know how JQ manages to stay Second mostly every week, while being out numbered by SoS? Skill. We don’t whine, though. We give them a good fight and move to the next week. If we win a week, good. If we lose? Who cares. The fights are great.

Stop whining about coverage and show SoS and JQ that you are skilled. Skilled players don’t get trounced, pugs do. There’s gonna be a 3rd place…if it’s you guys, go down fighting…with your skilled players.

Excuses are just that…Honestly? I haven’t heard the 2v1 excuse since…the last time you guys were in T1. We also had our first T1 thread locked, also, since you guys were in T1. Let’s just WvWvW, and enough of the “we are better, you just have numbers” crap…we’ve seen that card played before, and it’s quite old.

Show US your skilled…save some effin face. Otherwise the “skill” talk is just that…talk. Then we’re pretty much going back to square one…“beastgate” all over again.

Eh, cut them some slack. It is a new experience for them to fight people during oceanic hours. Give them a couple of weeks to bring the competition.

in WvW

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

The Blackgate that showed up on Friday was amazing, it was one the strongest openings to a match up that I have ever seen. Not only that, SoS are ALWAYS first on the opening day, Blackgate are the first server in nearly 4 months to break this rhythm.

If the same Blackgate that showed up in the first 24 hours, showed up on the second day of the match up, the scores would be a lot closer. I do not understand, why the same people that logged in on Friday, didn’t login on the day after, and the one after?

It looks as though Blackgate have given up, it’s a shame because your server is far more capable than this.

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

in WvW

Grimmaz.9348

When did HB get crushed? We are only a small part of Blackgate, and we stand by the statement that we work towards making Blackgate #1. We are making a difference on every map we enter, but we cant be on all maps, neither can we be on all the time.

Your feedback is noted. Hopefully my video has given you some motivation to fight us in the field. See you in a couple of hours.

In your video you’re putting your guild up against the entirety of SOS and JQ with the message you were trying to deliver. Now that you aren’t winning, your guild is “only a small part of Blackgate.” Think about the messages you’re delivering to entire servers when you’re only a small part of an entity. Anyway I don’t want this to sound like we are bickering over small stuff so PM me if you want anymore advice. The next video you do, I’d love to see more action and less message.

in WvW

Posted by: Aorin.9168

Aorin.9168

The Blackgate that showed up on Friday was amazing, it was one the strongest openings to a match up that I have ever seen. Not only that, SoS are ALWAYS first on the opening day, Blackgate are the first server in nearly 4 months to break this rhythm.

If the same Blackgate that showed up in the first 24 hours, showed up on the second day of the match up, the scores would be a lot closer. I do not understand, why the same people that logged in on Friday, didn’t login on the day after, and the one after?

It looks as though Blackgate have given up, it’s a shame because your server is far more capable than this.
[/quote]

some people have families and can’t game all weekend. I logged off friday BG was in first. I come back today and we have nothing in EB. oh and 10 SoS are just out of range of the legendary defenders spawn camping the 5 people that we had in EB.

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

Maybe it is different on SoS, but at least on JQ the difference between Friday and pretty much every other day is staggering. People show up for friday, put in a great effort and then lose the enthusiasm (possible because we aren’t winning by the end of it?). They don’t show up again. On friday we have queues in all 4 maps, on any other day I’ve only seen a queue on many one at most. It’s unfortunate.

in WvW

Magiofdeath.2745

I don’t know, maybe from the constant smack talk from the previous T1 meeting, and up to this meeting as well.

The one that sticks our the most is where the BG forum warriors keep saying that JQ isn’t a T1 server, despite out accomplishments. I read your T2 threads…you guys seem to be obesessed with JQ; and we are talking T2 threads from 4…5…6 weeks ago (not including weeks 3..2…1). You just want to boot us out because we are weak, and you guys are a true T1 server.

So, according to your forum warriors, we don’t belong. We ride the success of the 1st place team…if that makes any sense. Terrible logic. But let’s humor this * backwards logic….How come no one else can do it? Gotta be good to do it/be competitive/stay in the game with SoS to even “ride in their success”.

But, we are just a T2 team according to the BG posters here. I’m sure you’ll say “nuh uhhhh!” History/forum history says otherwise.

But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. We haven’t talked about the train wreck that was “Beastgate”.

I also remember replying to a guy named “peas” or something like that. He said that you guys had more posts/bigger threads than T1, therefore you guys would dominate. I told him that was a bad idea. He couldn’t resist saying that JQ didn’t belong btw…

I never understood that why BG posters, even when not going against us, still post about us.

That’s the kind of legacy JQ has left. JQ has been pretty awesome, even when it was just a bot’s heaven for Kurz/Lux faction back in Factions, lol.

To Smokee’s video – how about that current score (hint: would like an update). Video was good but in poor taste, since you made it for your own guild. Like a previous poster said, would have been better if someone made it as a tribute to HB.

So why is BG all up on JQ’s junk all the time on the forums?

in WvW

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

To be honest, I was surprised when Blackgate takes first place during reset night and early Saturday. They were the first to break SoS’s renowned weekend push or so we thought. It shows they have the potential but server morale is a different issue.

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

in WvW

Tala.7638

Score posted and hr ago. This is a question/answer thread. Score gets posted in Answer spot.

in WvW

Grimmaz.9348

To be honest, I was surprised when Blackgate takes first place during reset night and early Saturday. They were the first to break SoS’s renowned weekend push or so we thought. It shows they have the potential but server morale is a different issue.

I was surprised also and it was actually a nice change of pace even if it wasn’t the server I’m from that bumped into first place. However given the opportunity, the easiest way to win a match up is to bruise or crush your opponent’s morale as early as possible. Your opponent with stop showing up. That could be an answer to why BG is slipping behind as SOS has been keeping BG pinned down by the looks of posts and screenshots I’m seeing here.

in WvW

Smokee.1754

Blackgate dont have coverage for full maps in any timezones, however on reset nights, EUs stay up late, NA´s log on early and our OCE and SEA crew log on in their morning so we can fill the maps and make it a night to remember. Throughout the rest of the week we got a couple of guilds for each non NA timezone, which have carried us so far. It is clear it aint enough for Tier1. I still see the same guilds out there every day as I did on friday. They are just spread out between all of the 24 hour schedule, where as on friday we were all playing together.

in WvW

Magiofdeath.2745

I was also impressed with BG taking first. I was kind of disheartened when they went down to 3rd, tbh.

No offense to SoS, but was looking forward to see another server in 1st place for a second time. Now, I don’t know if that will happen.

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Some great fights and the ingame spirit is terrific. I know there are some coverage issues between the servers but each server is learning and hopefully we will end up with three strong teams competing like that fantastic first day.

Just as a note to all, IMHO, it is best to NOT “quote” a post that is very obviously going to be deleted, it gives the trolls words more air time than they deserve.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

(edited by elkirin.8534)

in WvW

Posted by: Aodh.6418

Aodh.6418

There’s no point in coming on here to make excuses, so I won’t. Blackgate doesn’t have 100% coverage and we know it. T2 and T1 play differently, as many of us found out on Friday. We’re all glad to be here and want to make this match as fun for our enemies as it has been for us. Hopefully we’ll be in this tier for a couple of weeks and once everyone adjusts to the way things happen here we’ll close the score gap and maybe even get a color change. Good luck to everyone, have fun.

Jessica Locke – Ranger
Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
http://www.youtube.com/aodhnitola - http://www.twitch.tv/aodhnitola

in WvW

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

Love the “SoS has 24hr coverage” we don’t, we just have dedicated guilds ready to pull all nighters, tonight MERC pulled a 4pm till 2am stretch of coverage, which burns us commanders out, I had some good opposition from BG in BG BL and when Amarathy took over he crushed the JQ out of SoS BL.

The coverage issue is about player dedication not simply having more players, I commanded for over 6 hours tonight to fill in the coverage hole and NA has woken up early in order to relieve us. SoS’s community is dedicated, our EU coverage is non-existent but we stretch both Oceania and NA to cover this lapse.

Organise better and communicate and you’ll be amazed of the coverage and ppt you can achieve.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com