1-4-13: Maguuma/Borlis Pass/Devona's Rest

in WvW

Posted by: GiltFedaykin.8396

GiltFedaykin.8396

Whoever that Mag d/d ele from Bill was.. I tip my hat to you. That Stargrove duel was pretty solid

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

That would be Leafy Lass, our resident sunshine expert.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Kalkz.5297

Kalkz.5297

had some great time today in eternal

Attachments:

Borlis Pass Commander Kalkz [BS]
Original Former of Borlis Savers
Leader Of : http://youtube.com/kaotichq

in WvW

Posted by: The Coma Kid.5184

The Coma Kid.5184

Anybody who is up for a nice fight club. Whisper me.

Gwen Andraste – Human Elementalist
Nameless Accord [NA]
Your Cute [Babe] – Maguuma

(edited by The Coma Kid.5184)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

It isn’t just them though, there have been commanders trash talking too and complaining about how we’re 2v1 cowards.

Regarding learning how to defend your BL, I guess you guys have just given up this week? Because we’ve had west keep for what, two days straight, east keep for one day (assuming we still have it, I can’t see right now) and now your garrison. There is no other reason I can think of to leave your borderlands like that unless your population for the week has crashed. The DR people trying to do stuff in our borderlands are basically a minor annoyance and put a small dent in our PPT at best; they would be better trying to retake stuff in their own borderlands.

in WvW

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

I want my 10 Alpha siege golems!

gimme gimme!

Attachments:

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

…they would be better trying to retake stuff in their own borderlands.

If for nothing ells, regardless of what the points look like at the end of the match, then to not totally dishearten the general pub. We’ve been in some matches where it felt like every day I’d log on and all of our stuff is gone and there’s a certain sunk feeling when you see your keeps a different color at the height of prime time and you pretty much know everyone’s called it until next match up. The general player doesn’t want to solo across a map of hostile color or try to defend stuff on their own and will go run fractals.

There was a period where it felt like we took a pretty steady population dive over a few weeks but our commanders simply get better every week at working together and securing stuff like that is always priority, practically and symbolically and though we’re still not a large server, at least our active community has been growing steadily for awhile despite most of our transfers or newly interested players not being very numerous and mostly just trickling in.

Kash
NSP

(edited by kash.9213)

in WvW

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

I remember those AD guys now they have really loud keyboards its really annoying.

I remember those OG guys now they all play thief or DD ele its really annoying

See what I did there?

in WvW

saiyr.3071

That’s a poor reason, in my opinion. We wouldn’t be doing anyone any favors in the long run by letting them have their BL back for free. Sure, they get some more points, but they learn absolutely nothing, and they absolutely have things to learn.

A player should never have to solo anything when a hostile force is in their home borderlands, anyway. If it really is that empty then a guild needs to rally to their BL and drag pubbies with them and take back what is theirs. And by theirs, I mean ours. They are able to hold their side of EBG at some points so I think they must have enough to reclaim DR if they really tried.

Edit: Eh I think I’m getting my conversations confused. Oh well.

(edited by saiyr.3071)

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

We’ve been in some matches where it felt like every day I’d log on and all of our stuff is gone and there’s a certain sunk feeling when you see your keeps a different color at the height of prime time and you pretty much know everyone’s called it until next match up. The general player doesn’t want to solo across a map of hostile color or try to defend stuff on their own and will go run fractals.

What is this goofiness? And you’re on Mag? For shame. Even the fabled SoS/FA stomping of 2012 we had the Alamo and Ramelot. There’s always fun to be had in WvW.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Ha, yeah…but not every server is into that sort of thing or have the same kind of community as us.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

saiyr,

Yeah … we’ve taken a huge hit in the number of DR players in WvW lately, especially in our own BL. I personally prefer EB because of map issues, but the last two evenings I’ve spent quite a bit of time in DR BL just to see what I could do. Most of the players I came across were just hanging around our spawn, and I couldn’t even find people willing to snag a camp or two. I mostly amused myself killing yaks for a while, but even that wasn’t productive since most of the enemy held objectives were pretty much upgraded by that time anyway.

I suspect that many DR have given up for this week and will be back after reset, but it’s pretty clear that we don’t have the coverage we need to be serious competition throughout the week. It’s not necessarily a pure numbers issue, because as others have said we can mostly hold our own at times, but we certainly can’t do it around the clock.

In any case, I fully agree that cutting us any slack is not the way to fix anything. We either have to figure out how to cope with this tier or we don’t belong here.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: ViperWire.4261

ViperWire.4261

Morningstar, why am I on ignore

I love your zergs, they feed my stronger zerg full inventory

I had 152/152 used spots, 5 rare 1 exotic, TYTY!!!

I wanted to let you know when my zerg is coming around the corner!

Invalid Password [EVOH] – Maguuma

in WvW

saiyr.3071

YMMV, but our organized Mumble effort has mostly stayed away from EBG until lately, to a fault. We found that EBG was by far the most popular among our pubbies and it could usually hold its own with good commanders (<3 Invalid and everyone else), so we let them go there while we try and fight on the borderlands. It has caused some interesting issues recently, but I would say if you’re finding that DR is overcommitting to EBG then some of the organized guilds should work together elsewhere. I haven’t stepped foot in EBG this week except for the jumping puzzle so I really have no idea how DR is doing there except from what I see on the map.

Edit:

Since you already have a legendary, how about giving me that exotic, best buddy?? I have noticed a higher rare drop rate this week for some reason, it’s kind of nice. No exotics yet though, where’s my precursor

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

I avoid EBG like the plague.

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Been reading this thread a bit. It seemed like a pretty terrible sounding matchup at first, but then it started picking up. Maybe it’s not so bad afterall. It’s not changing next week, right?

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Smitten.3076

Smitten.3076

I honestly hope Mag moves up next week, not that I don’t enjoy the players or guilds its just the amount that is hard to swallow. I enjoyed BP more-so in that regard this matchup. I felt even BP had more in WvW than DR, but it was manageable and forced smart play. I think we will probably lose once more if we stay here, against BP, we just need to take our collective lumps in order to fine tune our WvW map play.

A little recruitment wouldn’t hurt either, maybe.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Been reading this thread a bit. It seemed like a pretty terrible sounding matchup at first, but then it started picking up. Maybe it’s not so bad afterall. It’s not changing next week, right?

Your opinion always seems opposite of mine, so sure…from a WvW perspective we’ve increased our point lead quite a bit though, where the first few days were quite close. It’s unlikely that it’ll change next week, but sounds like there’s a number of roamers that I’m sure you would like.

I honestly hope Mag moves up next week, not that I don’t enjoy the players or guilds its just the amount that is hard to swallow. I enjoyed BP more-so in that regard this matchup. I felt even BP had more in WvW than DR, but it was manageable and forced smart play. I think we will probably lose once more if we stay here, against BP, we just need to take our collective lumps in order to fine tune our WvW map play.

A little recruitment wouldn’t hurt either, maybe.

We’re still projected to lose ranking points next week, unfortunately. DR had some pretty huge assaults on our borderlands the first few days, but then it just dwindled into hardly anything. I think if that was sustained across the entire week then it may still be a bit closer.

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

DR doesn’t lack numbers to compete in this tier, what they lack is experience, organization, and moral.

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

Mag’s here for another week. Even though we’re winning, we’re losing rating. Guess everyone else will just have to re-learn how to work together or…..leave the sinking ship, which seems popular.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Darwinism.8619

Darwinism.8619

Mag & BP… I would like to point out… I was Excused from Protecting the World this week.. I have a Doctors note… justsay’n

Some people cause happiness “Wherever” they Go… Others cause Happiness “Whenever” they Go… ~Oscar Widle

Attachments:

Darwin Ism(HumanThief) Thin The Herd(HumanMezmer) Abuzz Kill(AsuranD/D Ele)
[PRO] World Defender

in WvW

saiyr.3071

DR doesn’t lack numbers to compete in this tier, what they lack is … moral.

Sinners do not follow the Great Lord Flame Ram.

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

gimme gimme!

He’s just downed, probably rallied and killed all of you.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

gimme gimme!

He’s just downed, probably rallied and killed all of you.

Kiled him today at Golanta, but he’s a hero in fast WP’ing

Hello darkness, my old friend.

in WvW

Posted by: Kalkz.5297

Kalkz.5297

lol invalid i <3 you

Borlis Pass Commander Kalkz [BS]
Original Former of Borlis Savers
Leader Of : http://youtube.com/kaotichq

in WvW

Posted by: Acelerion.6820

Acelerion.6820

Going to be running a small man around devonas borderlands, probably east or west plains. If anyone wants a fight let me know.

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief
http://www.youtube.com/user/Axcelerion?feature=watch – Small group videos

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

DR doesn’t lack numbers to compete in this tier, what they lack is experience, organization, and moral.

I never said we lacked numbers as a server, or even for WvW in general. But we have certainly lacked numbers actually playing WvW the last few days … and certainly at key times of the day/night. When I run all over EB and DR BL and can’t see many team mates anywhere on the map, and every time I attack anything at all I can count on anywhere from 8 to 20 enemy to respond, then indeed there is a numbers issue.

Please understand, though … I am NOT trying to use that as an excuse. We could indeed be fielding the numbers to be more competitive, and it is for sure our own fault where we don’t. And in spite of the fact that we do need more experience and organization (I was one of several DR who posted that we probably were not ready to move up from tier 6), when we field a decent force we are capable of much better than we’ve been doing lately. Is that a morale issue?? Probably.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: ghoriar.3410

ghoriar.3410

Really late to the anti LARP fest, been traveling for work. When I’m back I’m up for 1v1s (sorry for being an ele and most of my playtime as d/d I’ll try other setups and get jail-sexd if that’s what you’re into).

BTW any mention of LARP and zerg is laughable since we have only 18 members and ~10 haven’t been on in over a month and usually only 2-3 during NA primetime. Sorry for bringing up stuff from several pages ago, just gettin caught up.

p.s. Posting from a phone blows

Ghoriar – [LARP]

in WvW

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

Great fights tonight in DRB & Maguuma guys; had a blast. Thanks to [PRO] for showing us how far teamwork can take us while raiding the enemy bl!

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Darius Glazkov.9750

Darius Glazkov.9750

We had a discussion with the mesmer and he didn’t know it was an exploit. It WILL NOT happen again. If our mesmer is seen doing that again, whisper me or my leader and that member will get kicked from the guild.

didn’t know that skipping a door in a fortification was an exploit? personally the member would had been immediately removed if it were me.

different policies i suppose.

Rékka
Second Law [Scnd]

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

DR – stonemist isn’t always worth it if you are tunnel visioning. You gained the 35 but lost the last half of your borderland, losing points overall for something you can’t hold.

in WvW

Evilzara.6378

We had a discussion with the mesmer and he didn’t know it was an exploit. It WILL NOT happen again. If our mesmer is seen doing that again, whisper me or my leader and that member will get kicked from the guild.

didn’t know that skipping a door in a fortification was an exploit? personally the member would had been immediately removed if it were me.

different policies i suppose.

This is the first time this has happened in our guild. We’re taking the ‘second chance’ approach. I said it won’t happen again and you have my word as well as my guild.

Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Evilzara.6378

WäR, one of your mesmers has some explaining to do.

We apologize for that. We had a discussion with the mesmer and he didn’t know it was an exploit. It WILL NOT happen again. If our mesmer is seen doing that again, whisper me or my leader and that member will get kicked from the guild.

Let the GMs decide what is and isn’t exploiting, and release his name so we can report him.

The people who caught him should have been responsible for reporting. I will not release any names.

Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Releasing names here is against forum rules anyhow (as is the screenshot actually)

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Introducing, fresh from Maguuma’s strategery board: The NOVA Supreme.

Each Golem is equipped with more Golems.

Attachments:

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

ktith.6197

I hear someone (guild ?) transferred to Mag from DR….who was it?

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: jaegerx.1693

jaegerx.1693

I engineered a trade, we gave them [OG] and 500 gold for an ugly wool sock.

(edited by jaegerx.1693)

in WvW

ktith.6197

NICE!!!

/laffo

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Darxio.5672

Darxio.5672

Hey, Devona.

I told you so!

Brigade of the Black Twilight [BBT]
Darxio – Thief Commander

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

That sock is currently hanging from the DR garrison door. Apparently DR never went to college though cause they’re knocking on the door.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

PSA: If ever there was a way to retake a NE tower, this is not it.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Morningstar.6208

Morningstar.6208

We will born from our ashes again.

Commander Sir Morningstar of Devona’s Rest, Army of Devona [AoD] Guild Leader
http://www.ArmyofDevona.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mK7xYguWCk

in WvW

Posted by: denimdan.8642

denimdan.8642

We kinda like our new keep and evoh feels like its an upgrade. This is what happens when you have to much fun at our expense.

Attachments:

Ranger
Storm Bluff Isle [EVOH]

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

To be fair, it’s sleepy time atm.

in WvW

Posted by: Monztor.9207

Monztor.9207

BP put up an amazing defense to hold BP Garrison for so long in the past couple hours. Lots of good fights and true siege warfare.

The Great Flame Ram Lord bestowed his blessing upon this garrison.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: AceOfEden.5197

AceOfEden.5197

You know, we had a great time in eternal too. Especially seeing as the entire map is now Green.

Cheers

Sincerely,
Sinful Panda
Maguuma World

in WvW

Posted by: Truearrow.3527

Truearrow.3527

So this may or may not be the right place for this but TBH I dont really care, as some of you may have noticed , Maguumans and opponents alike, Maguuma has picked up a new guild, there has been alot of trash talking to and about this guild over the weeks on the forums (including myself) but in all honesty they have been a hell of alot of fun to fight, they share our strategic philosophy of focusing on borderlands maps and working our way outward as manpower dictates and many of us are glad they are on our team now. Welcome to Maguuma Shadowmoon.

Embrace the Evil [TIE][PYRO] Maguuma

(edited by Truearrow.3527)

in WvW

Posted by: Dogsmack.4910

Dogsmack.4910

It doesnt matter they will switch back when you start losing,but its ok it was a fun week all round..nuff said

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: denimdan.8642

denimdan.8642

come and take it BP we have enjoyed all the tics we have got from it, and hopefully many more. :P

Attachments:

Ranger
Storm Bluff Isle [EVOH]

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

8 days ago.

Devona doesn’t have more players we just have less fair weather players that leaves WvW when they lose. That I wouldn’t tell why because that’s what makes us special.
-Morningstar.6208:

-K