1-4-13: Maguuma/Borlis Pass/Devona's Rest

in WvW

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

Guys from DR, knock it off. There has always been friction in DR between a lot of the commanders but for weeks you’ve been winning and that’s kept you guys from ripping each others’ heads off. Now, you meet your first challenge and loss and you start attacking each other on the forums, and one of the guys from Pro (the one with the largest mouth and who talked constant smack) leaves. Good, now you can keep arguing with each other publically and making the whole server look bad or you guys can set aside your differences, talk to each other like adults privately, and handle all your disagreements / arguments so that you can work towards improving yourselves next week.

Public forums isn’t the place for all this.

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

(edited by SniffyCube.6107)

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Does DR have a server forum? It needs one.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

I would just like to note that Maguuma is no longer losing points.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I would just like to note that Maguuma is no longer losing points.

Woot, gaining 0.2 points! At this rate, we’ll be back in T4 in approximately never! I’m glad we made it out of the red though, good work.

in WvW

Posted by: Sumwun.3846

Sumwun.3846

Guys from DR, knock it off. There has always been friction in DR between a lot of the commanders but for weeks you’ve been winning and that’s kept you guys from ripping each others’ heads off. Now, you meet your first challenge and loss and you start attacking each other on the forums, and one of the guys from Pro (the one with the largest mouth and who talked constant smack) leaves. Good, now you can keep arguing with each other publically and making the whole server look bad or you guys can set aside your differences, talk to each other like adults privately, and handle all your disagreements / arguments so that you can work towards improving yourselves next week.

Might not mean much from me since I moved KWBH guild to another server but it was at the height of you guys winning and I want to see DR succeed nonetheless.

Public forums isn’t the place for all this.

I feel like you are talking to me.
I disagree it shouldn’t have been done publicly. From what others have told me, and watching for myself, talking in map chat goes nowhere except to confuse the issues at hand, and talking in tells normally turns into a one Vs. one peepee match.

If you feel my behavior reflects poorly on DR, i’m sorry you feel that way, it’s not my intention and I think I have helped much more than hurt. I have opened up lines of communication because there have been things going on in private that you can’t see on the forums. You said it yourself you did leave. and I know for a fact when KWBH left, you said good bye to the guilds you like, meaning you didn’t say goodbye to guilds you don’t like, which means you too had issue with people here. You just didn’t say anything.

If you think my posts are caused by a loss or being met by a difficult challenge this week, you got me all wrong, man. You obviously haven’t read everything I wrote, or ignored every time I explained my position or had something positive to say. I know plenty are calling me a troll, but think about it. how wrong have I been? How inaccurate? if anything, people should at the very least appreciate that someone had the balls to stand up and say something. If you think that DR would move up without some internal strengthening you are misled. We lost a hand full of players that will probably result in more than twice that number showing more, better, and less hesitant support.

it looks like DR get’s another go at this match up, and while I am not sure of the outcome, another loss will not bother me. We climbed fast, and truth be told, I am looking forward to another clash against K in the not too distant future. It’s going to be as exciting as a Sox, Yankees game.

As long as we don’t lose too many Pink hats who are discouraged from our loss, DR is probably in a better place than it was a week ago.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: Sumwun.3846

Sumwun.3846

Does DR have a server forum? It needs one.

in the works.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

SniffyCube.6107

not a personal attack at all

if you feel that post was attacking you maybe you should reflect as to why

but thats my 2c, was talking to everyone in general over the last week reading this has become more like a soap

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

(edited by SniffyCube.6107)

in WvW

Posted by: Morningstar.6208

Morningstar.6208

@ Sumwun

Your post was too long I didn’t quote. I wish we had a server forums that I can post why I do certain things for what reasons and what are our tactics.

I am not acting like I am the only person that can lead or anything to be honest I don’t like to be the commander all the time it is exhausting to type all day long see same mistakes again and again explain same things to different/same people. I prefer to run a small guild group and do few versus many PvP servering as a squad to commander. Some people got to understand I have control over certain things and I don’t have control in certain things. If people are fighting in EB and if I send them to Devona BL if they don’t what can I do about it. I wish I had that much power but I just lead and people follow that’s it I am not their father. About my hard attitude on chat people know me knows why I am so hard and I will explain it for you once again here.

WvW is an unorganized battle it is not like army there are ranks and if you don’t follow orders there are consequences. So why would people listen to you? You have to earn their respect and show that they can achieve their goals with you meaning you have to be a leader. As a leader you have to be objective and as much as you give kudos and recognition you have to be straight to people who are doing things wrong. If I ask somebody to man a trebuchet if it’s just same 2-3 people doing that all day and when they are not there treb is not manned I will be hard on you on chat because you leech you don’t contribute. So it is %50 %50 importent you tell people GJ when they do things right and opposite when they do it wrong. If you noticed I never address people or spesific named group I always talk in general that is to not to offend people so they can see and know I am talking about them. I am getting questions from first 4 tiers and some other servers that we faced last 2 months from different commanders in different servers I have no idea how they hear about me or my work but they all ask pretty much same question how do I get so many people to follow me and my orders. I am not trying to brag or anything here I am just trying to explain you about my firm attitude in chat. People in my guild would tell you how I really am or people who know me enough. Most of the time I scream I am not even mad it’s just an attitude I use and it works. Also you should not take anything I say personally I am addressing your mistakes. Yes it is not the politest way but I don’t have time to stop and have a nice conversation with you about your mistakes and how we can work on your contribution I do not have the time to be anybodies personal trainer so it has to be take it or leave it.

About working with other commanders. I rarely have problems with other commanders, it is unfortunate anybody that pays 100g can become commander they don’t have to prove them selves or achieve anything. We have great commanders in Devona I trust them with no hesitation. Problem about Tatts he thinks he is my rival or something I remember he is describing him self my arch nemesis or whatever. Problem I have with him he comes when I command and turns icon on starts splitting group when I need everybody in once place and telling people follow whoever you like I will get you xp etc… Trying to create competition which is not going to work for team. Reason I ignored him because he got be suspended so I don’t want him to see my messages. If you are there to do your best and lead people to victory I have my full support. If there is a commander who is already commanding a map I don’t even turn my sigil on I just ask if he needs anything and if he doesn’t I just keep following him and his instructions or run a small guild group with sigil off. If the person is acting like jealous kid trying to compete with me to satisfy his/her ego to prove others he/she is somebody I am sorry you don’t have my support.

Here are some characteristics of a good leader:
http://www.angelfire.com/il/adventureclub/leader.html

Commander Sir Morningstar of Devona’s Rest, Army of Devona [AoD] Guild Leader
http://www.ArmyofDevona.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mK7xYguWCk

in WvW

saiyr.3071

He is not saying that map chat is a better avenue of communication. If you look at every higher tier, I’m pretty sure every single one of them has a server-wide forum to discuss issues without cluttering up the match thread (sadly ours got a late start and hasn’t gone anywhere, so I guess you could say we are the exception). Airing dirty laundry in public often does little for anyone involved, and that’s only a small portion of the readers of this thread.

Edit:

I wish we had a server forums that I can post why I do certain things for what reasons and what are our tactics.

Yes, this. Except one of you needs to stop wishing and start doing :P

in WvW

SniffyCube.6107

He is not saying that map chat is a better avenue of communication. If you look at every higher tier, I’m pretty sure every single one of them has a server-wide forum to discuss issues without cluttering up the match thread (sadly ours got a late start and hasn’t gone anywhere, so I guess you could say we are the exception). Airing dirty laundry in public often does little for anyone involved, and that’s only a small portion of the readers of this thread.

Exactly.

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Oh, BP still had fun, it just gets old ya know? There’s no point in taking targets and certianly no point in upgrading when they are as good as lost anyway. I can’t tell you how often I’ve caught discussions that went like “lets upgrade Hills”, “why?” “to defend it!” What for? we’re just going to lose it in a few. probably before the upgrades even get done". THAT means it isn’t fun anymore. THAT is where the population drops.

This is a really bad defeatist attitude and definitely something as a server you’ll need to work on. I can tell you Mag always upgrades their borderlands as much as possible, as often as possible. Doesn’t matter how much we’re getting spanked… And we lose often. 5 total wins out of 53 match ups.

I’m not sure what people are upset with Mag about/for.

Welcome to our world.

It’s always the goons fault.

(edited by Rhyis.7058)

in WvW

Posted by: Fiction.6418

Fiction.6418

The one thing I notice about the people in this match up thread is , wow they can turn a simple point of view into a 4 paragraph post. Let it go kiddies.

Evidence – 80Asura Thief | Skáldskap 80Human Guardian | Pirateking 80Human Mesmer
Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

As I’m sure many DRs will agree…No matter how badly you outnumber the enemy, running into fully upgraded Towers/Keeps hurts…and it is only easy to take if the other side isn’t paying attention. With Supply and Defenders available, the attack is VERY likely to fail miserably. DR always seemed to hate going into Ferg BL, as much because they kept EVERYTHING fully upgraded as because they defended it religiously.

Rule #1 about WvW: Hold your own BL above all else, even SM. Having your home BL improves Morale FAR more than SM…use SM as the carrot for folks in EB to lure them along, use your home BL to keep people WvWing.

in WvW

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

Hey Morningstar, when all goes to crap, blame Evilzara and Kalkz.

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

Well, at least I wasn’t far off in my original prediction of said certain members of said guild on DR many weeks ago….it just took not being able to chest thump anymore in order for it to come to fruition.

I didn’t see that AoD guy last night Saiyr, glad you spotted it. There were a few back on DR “in the day” that liked hopping servers to give intel away to their guildmates or the as Darxio mentioned somewhere a few pages back when we still had orbs, deliberate drops to their “home” server mates (totally forgot about that night). Course as I recall that wasn’t the only thing that went on on Kaineng that night with the infamous PRO member.

I’m ashamed to call myself a former resident of Devona’s Rest. It was the only server I could pick on launch day, thus that’s why I was there. For a long while it was all about the game and not the numbers, but a lot changes when you have weeks of wins and think you’re invincible I guess. Whether DR implodes or not, that’s their problem. If the problems were that bad to begin with, just remember that you allowed it to be that way all these weeks, not every other server that you’ve come across and definitely not Mag’s fault.

Furthermore, it seems to be the opinion of a particular Devonian that Maguuma (or Faguuma as they are calling us) are filled with a bunch of trash talking trolls. Last time I checked, DR was filled with just as many trolls and “trash talkers” as you sir are claiming only exists on this server. God forbid if I put up some screenies of certain conversations of where DR is lamb basted for being a bunch of idiots that can’t get their crap together with a lack of competent commanders. You all have so much “in-fighting” no other server in this tier has to argue with you, because you’re arguing with yourselves and losing them too.

Yes I’ve moved twice. I started on DR, moved to Anvil Rock for 5 weeks and left for here. Maguuma people were recieving and welcoming, plus more than often willing to say if we needed any help PM said individual. It was the better community that several of our guildies found after all this time of playing. We won’t be moving anymore and Mag is our home. Whether this server wins or loses, we’ll still be around. All I can tell DR people that aren’t happy is, send reps to other servers for a week and let them be your information source….it’s what we did and that’s how we found our new home. I mean if you’re not happy, staying there isn’t going to make you happier.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Morningstar.6208

Morningstar.6208

Please stop trying to convince devona players to transfer other servers.

Commander Sir Morningstar of Devona’s Rest, Army of Devona [AoD] Guild Leader
http://www.ArmyofDevona.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mK7xYguWCk

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

No but seriously don’t transfer to maguuma please. I hear Kaineng is a nice place try there.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Everybody will embrace the divine teachings of the great lord flame ram at some point. It’s an inevitable conclusion.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As this thread has derailed with off-topic & inflammatory comments, it is now locked.

Please help keep these forums a productive and friendly place by posting in a respectful tone.