10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Rinn.4381

Rinn.4381

so here, I’m hoping for Anet to release a population vs time graph for each server, so we could figure out when do a server lacking players from a certain timezone..
….or is it already released??

Jojet of CD

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Dethwar.1768

Dethwar.1768

TL is NA Time Zone guild…not EU.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Estus.1726

Estus.1726

I didn’t realize that Anet has released another game, ForumWars!

A game where people that ought to be in WvW can come and trade verbal barbs with each other.

[RE] Isendale – Tarnished Coast
“Did you see that? Tell me you saw that!”

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Inconceivable.7823

Inconceivable.7823

IOJ does not have 24/7 ques…I played alot Friday to Monday since I’ve been home sick and during the day there are no ques and the pop is not crazy high at all. But we did coordinate and plan and did well during those non peak times as well. I really like IOJ and hope it doesn’t change.

I feel bad for ET and CD because I’ve been on both sides of this issue and I know its not fun feeling like you can’t leave your own citadel and after a few days that you’re facing insurmountable ods given the supply, fortification and orb situation. I hope An makes some changes to give losing teams more of a fightinig chance.

On sunday I found a ET or CD guardian…and the poor guy was just trying to get from his citadel to their north most camp….but I engaged him and he was good. Very tanky build with the right skills used at the right times…I never dropped below 70% and never used a heal…but this fight lasted almost 5 minutes and he made it very close to the camp before I took him down. But I had all 3 orbs and I can’t help thinking…this guy was skilled and built properly, he would have been a really good fight if we were even and felt bad that I knew I was going to win because with the orbs I’m unstoppable. I actually felt IRL bad about it and wish I didn’t stomp him. To the point that I now sometimes beat opponents and then when downed just leave, and let them rez (as long as they’re not a threat to anyone/anything there)…I don’t want to turn that person off to WvW because they can’t even step out of a door without some OP’ed person rolling them because their server is far behind. If you’re the ET/CD ranger for example I did that too….the others aren’t going to be that nice so when you try to leave your spawn point…remember, there is a back exit, other can and obv did stomp you.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Thorgrum.4679

Thorgrum.4679

If you’re the ET/CD ranger for example I did that too….the others aren’t going to be that nice so when you try to leave your spawn point…remember, there is a back exit, other can and obv did stomp you.

I am a CD Ranger and when I get caught out and about I expect to die. When Im at range, not so much…

That said your sentiment is a nice one but in all candeor some of the issues with this match up are due to anets choices for WvWvW. People can call it whatever they want but the orbs, the hacks and the transfers/population are factors. CD also tends to mail it in early when the chips are down.

However not all of us do, I was out last night following one of our commanders (Luvpie) we got some kills and we flipped a few points. CD is a consistant rank 5-7 rank server. Ive been here since day 1 and Im not ashamed of that ranking at all. Thanks for the sentiment in your post and good luck in the next match up.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Lewzephyr.5281

Lewzephyr.5281

From CD here… yes when its this unbalanced, I go level an alt in PvE or go Beta Planetside 2.

Putting the laughter back into Slaughter!!!!!

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: GavinGoodrich.1382

GavinGoodrich.1382

CD either had a scheduled event or something clicked (i’m thinking scheduled) ‘cause they just roared through all the keeps and got the orb on their home map. They’re back to +90 with us.

Koreans have arrived [ND]! They’re spunky and like to raid. We’re into the shallow-end of the qeue now. Should be an interesting day. I’m kinda half-rooting for CD mainly ‘cause it’s simply more fun this way \o/

NomNomNomNomNom
Resident Zerg Idiot
Isle of Janthir

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: CharliePrince.2071

CharliePrince.2071

This Video is dedicated to Crystal Desert who honestly believe Janthir hacks

http://youtu.be/sTIg8xT_15k?hd=1

I know how frustrating it is to lose an objective so quickly, but sometimes.. it happens

and it happens for a reason

no hacks involved

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: zerph.1482

zerph.1482

weekend night queues have gone way up on IoJ, really sucks. Been there since day one and end up sitting in the queue 1-2+ hours now.

Madro – 80 Guardian- BG

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

Don’t discourage servers like IOJ from moving up.

First, that’s silly, since pvp is competitive.

Second, since Anet hasn’t seen fit to shut down these transfers, our only real hope on these servers is to have at least two full top tiers with competitive fights and a lot of doubt about who will end up where between #1 and #6.

That would at least spread out the late joins, and therefore the queues.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Vixena.3821

Vixena.3821

Don’t discourage servers like IOJ from moving up.

First, that’s silly, since pvp is competitive.

Second, since Anet hasn’t seen fit to shut down these transfers, our only real hope on these servers is to have at least two full top tiers with competitive fights and a lot of doubt about who will end up where between #1 and #6.

That would at least spread out the late joins, and therefore the queues.

This was taken from a post from someone on SBI on another thread: "A lot of us (I’m on SBI) do not want to win right now. Personally, I’ve stopped playing in an effort to lower our rankings so that our server doesn’t get ruined by free server xfers. That last thing I want is for all these server jumpers to see us winning and decide to switch over to SBI.

This is just an fyi, not an excuse. I don’t know how many others outside of my social circle are doing this also but everyone I know has no desire to win right now because winning actually equals a permanent loss for your server community.

I don’t care about winning if it means we will suddenly be hit with even worse queue times and traitors who care more about being on the winning side than about the battles themselves. I, for one, hope that people see our server as a lazy bunch of nobodies and stay on JQ until the free xfers are done."

I would just be very wary of wanting to be a tier 1 server and to be the #1 server with transfers abound. Ignoring what is happening and has happened to the tier 1 servers is really naive. It would be foolish to believe the notion that “It can never happen to us. We’re special.”, which is what I feel a lot of IoJ firmly do believe.

(edited by Vixena.3821)

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

slowly but surely pushed and pushed?

Our server had a secure lead until our people went to bed – and then those of us who were left proceeded to get rolled by MASSIVE zergs because you have a 24 hour queue.

We did not lose the lead because we “gave up”, we lost the lead because people logged off even though we were still winning. We don’t have the numbers to fill our borderlands 24/7.

hahahahahaha you make me laugh….

http://i.imgur.com/vRfuI.jpg – us outmanned by you
http://i.imgur.com/FkCD7.jpg – yet this is all you have

You can keep telling yourself that the only reason we won was 24/7 ques, the reality is you had a lead cause both servers shut us out on ALL maps on reset, after which we simply out played you over the weekend and caught back up, after which your server quit and you made up the 24/7 ques because it feels that way cause no one on your server is playing.

Man up, you lost, and it isnt the first time you lose to us either. We got ONE single NA guild which is TL, but whatever makes you sleep better at night.

*Inb4 you were getting 2v1ed on the screenshot, yes indeed you were, we set it up that way, and that is exactly what happened to IoJ on reset which is the only reason you got the lead in the first place, but surely when you get the lead it was skill and when we get it it was 24/7. Owait…

I’d just like to point out that the only time CD has had queues (Friday night & some of Saturday), we were winning and IoJ was in last place.

Make of that what you will.

Oh and forget the 2v1 nonsense. Nobody ever gets 2v1d. Server alliances just can’t work. Too many randoms and tempting targets. Sometimes it may look like that, but believe me there is no organization behind it.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Jackie.1829

Jackie.1829

I’d just like to point out that the only time CD has had queues (Friday night & some of Saturday), we were winning and IoJ was in last place.

Oh and forget the 2v1 nonsense. Nobody ever gets 2v1d. Server alliances just can’t work. Too many randoms and tempting targets. Sometimes it may look like that, but believe me there is no organization behind it.

And now we are winning as we won last time, quite overwhelmingly as well, make of that what you will.

As for 2v1s, I dont know why you assume 2v1s require communication between servers, that a gross fallacy that players state.

2v1s definitely occur and they establish on the grounds of mutual benefit to the 2 servers involved. It arises as a result of the obvious thing to do when aiming to reach first place, not because the 2 servers sat down and had a meeting together but rather because they can look at the bigger picture from a tactical stand point.

Believe me there is plenty organization, and if your server doesnt think about how to make one enemy fight the other enemy and base its tactics around that then your loss and you are missing out on an entire element of WvW and what 3 way combat stands for.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
GW1 Rank 1 – 2 Gold Capes – [sC] [sup]

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

And now we are winning as we won last time, quite overwhelmingly as well, make of that what you will.

When nobody is playing. Here’s the thing … a lot of people on CD just aren’t that interested in WvW. Even last week when we were winning, also overwhelmingly, no queues. See? It’s not even that people are discouraged (though there is that to deal with too), it’s just that people aren’t all that interested.

To clarify, when I say “no queues” I mean north american prime time with instant access to all maps or maybe a less than 5 minute wait for one or two maps.

The one time this week when everything was even (Friday night), we were winning. This was true two weeks ago as well.

The die-hards are there every night of course, they just don’t have the numbers to do much more than take a few camps, hold a tower until the IoJ call goes out for 100 people to swarm it against the handful of defenders, and if we’re really really lucky ninja a keep.

As for 2v1s, I dont know why you assume 2v1s require communication between servers, that a gross fallacy that players state.

2v1s definitely occur and they establish on the grounds of mutual benefit to the 2 servers involved. It arises as a result of the obvious thing to do when aiming to reach first place, not because the 2 servers sat down and had a meeting together but rather because they can look at the bigger picture from a tactical stand point.

Believe me there is plenty organization, and if your server doesnt think about how to make one enemy fight the other enemy and base its tactics around that then your loss and you are missing out on an entire element of WvW and what 3 way combat stands for.

Obviously you can play one server against the other. Playing one server against another is not being “2v1d”. 2v1d would mean that one server is purposefully not attacking another server and it’s mutual. That’s just not going to happen.

The strategic situation may be such that it’s beneficial for two servers to concentrate on the other, but that doesn’t mean they won’t also attack each other when opportunity arises.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Blrrgh.6908

Blrrgh.6908

The amount of doom and gloom coming from this thread do not reflect the community of IoJ. This is the first week I have seen this type of behavior in our forums, purposeless predictions which seem designed to sow discord among the IoJ community, sour grapes predictions from other failed communities ( btw, losing for one or two weeks is no big deal, wvw is there 24/7).

The sad veiled insults, the negative, woe is me attitudes…. not the majority of IoJ. To broadly paint the positive and laissez faire attitudes of the majority of our community as naive is detrimental to the game and adds no value whatsoever to discussion or solving problems. Lets cross these bridges when the time comes, not because we are whipped into a frenzy by shady voices with obvious scorn for Isle of Janthir. We have people posting in this thread saying how it is pointless to post here…and continue posting while ultimately saying nothing of worth, hoping to cause what mischief they can.

Still have a few days. Get off the boards and try to actually impact WvW. It’s what IoJ is doing, I assure you. ; D

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Inconceivable.7823

Come on, I’m from IOJ and I try to make the game fun for my servers as well as our opponents. IOJ is normally filled with really nice people that work together and have fun….but that’s been changing just a bit lately. I’m not ready to cry doom just yet.

Heck on several occassions we’ve had chats with random players about how we feel bad for the other guys because we know it can’t be fun for them, and it’s not fun for us (ok most of us) to pick on a few players…but there’s not much else to do so I understand why some people do it.

I didn’t realize people had a negative view of IOJ because to my knowledge (and Im in WvW alot) we don’t have a lot of bots, hackers or really toxic play. I continue to enjoy playing there. I hope that doesn’t change with the tier 1 move. I have posted in other threads that the 24 server transfer is KILLING the WvW game and is a travesty. AN doesn’t care. I guess if things change and game play becomes not fun any more, I’ll switch to a different game. We all had things to do before GW2, we can all find things to do after. Its up to AN to decide if they care about their players or if they want to continue having a completely moronic system in place that they’re fully aware is a huge issue.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Xyne.9104

Xyne.9104

Anyone from ET?

What happened over there? Mass Exodus?

There’s no resistance at all. At least CD, from time to time, will attempt to capture some grounds back.

I didn’t realize that Anet has released another game, ForumWars!

A game where people that ought to be in WvW can come and trade verbal barbs with each other.

I would like to share a quote from Tywin Lannister.

“Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens.”

(edited by Xyne.9104)

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

CharliePrince.2071

Anyone from ET?

What happened over there? Mass Exodus?

There’s no resistance at all. At least CD, from time to time, will attempt to capture some grounds back.

Everyone from Denravi and ET went to stack Blackgate. So yes, ET as it stands is a ghost server. Literally empty

At this point, reset cannot come soon enough.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Vixena.3821

All going to t1 next week is going to do is get rid of all the bandwagonners who jumped over this week.

That is exactly what I’m talking about when I mention naivety. Who knows? IoJ may just be that special server that is immune to the “tier 1 curse”, but if history is bound to repeat itself, then it will indeed happen to IoJ. That or IoJ will be stuck losing to JQ week after week like SBI and eventually be knocked down by another server or JQ finally busts.

The WvW community makeup will shift over time due to the transfers to IoJ coming from WvW players from other servers looking to get into tier 1 and people already on IoJ getting fed up with the super long 3+ hour queue times (if it’s not being beaten badly by JQ and SBI). It’s a snowball effect that happens to tier 1 servers. You start getting more and more people in WvW who you simply have never seen before while the older people are in queues and waiting for hours.

(edited by Vixena.3821)

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

CharliePrince.2071

All going to t1 next week is going to do is get rid of all the bandwagonners who jumped over this week.

That is exactly what I’m talking about when I mention naivety. Who knows? IoJ may just be that special server that is immune to the “tier 1 curse”, but if history is bound to repeat itself, then it will indeed happen to IoJ. That or IoJ will be stuck losing to JQ week after week like SBI and eventually be knocked down by another server or JQ finally busts.

yes Vixena but you have to understand Janthir to know what’s going on in The Island.

AT ITS CORE, since this game has launched, Isle of Janthir is the one constant. We are always the 5th server, the gatekeepers to unbeatable Denravi and always faced the leftover 4th Tier-1 server. Be it JQ, SBI or ET.. Janthir is used to getting crushed by these servers.

What has kept us going is the mutual fight and struggle we all go thru during these battles.. we keep fighting regardless because we know that we do to others what Tier 1 does to us.

Losing does not affect Janthir’s core.. otherwise we would have been broken long ago.

That is Janthir in a nutshell.. Fighters. Always have been..

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

Yeah Vixena that’s the thing you seem to mistake…IoJ is used to being stuck in 2nd or 3rd place. We were always the 5th ranked server meaning before all the alliance break ups and such, we always fought the t1 server that dropped to T2 and got dominated by them.

We never quit or transferred off though, we just try to fill our gaps, learn from the better servers, and fight hard while we are on while not worrying too much about total score.

If we move to t1 and lose to JQ week after week, it wont effect those of us that have been on the server now fighting while losing week after week. This is why I say it will just get rid of the bandwagoners who joined this week, they joined because we are stomping currently…not because of the community that is Janthir’s WvW community.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Leogolas.6941

Leogolas.6941

ET is fighting back with what we have. Before I left for work , we were trying to hold Craig from Ioj. Pushed them back to the garrison thrice.
ET at the moment need a bit of readjustment but its okay we will survive.
To all the fellow ET players who die so many time along with me, IT’S ALL GOOD! We will learnt from every defeat we take.

[TSA] The Stuffed Animals
~We Are Deadly When Required~

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

CharliePrince.2071

Kyiv, you realize Dovah is trolling and does not actually play in Janthir, right?

as for facing JQ and SBI, you guys have fought Janthir in the past

believe me when I say we welcome to face you once more

Janthir loves the fight

there is nothing you can do to us that you haven’t done before.. you’ve crushed us in the past and keep fighting no matter what

you have no power over us because we fear no one

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Dovah.9701

Dovah.9701

lol actually charlie i do play here in IoJ, and as for you Kyiv, We are ready for our rematch with SBI,

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Vixena.3821

There was seriously about 10-12 IoJ camping the arena? Geez.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Velron.3729

Not an RP server, just a lot of people with a lot of server pride on Janthir. I often see things shouted in /t like “For JANTHIR!” when making big pushes…its kinda cool.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: BaldricBlack.4359

BaldricBlack.4359

IoJ just has fun even when we aren’t winning, that is probably the best thing about the server.

Baldric Black [GEN]
WvW Zergling on Isle of Janthir
I’m not as good as I think I am… :\

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Eisenhart.7965

Eisenhart.7965

Not an RP server, just a lot of people with a lot of server pride on Janthir. I often see things shouted in /t like “For JANTHIR!” when making big pushes…its kinda cool.

Agreed. Makes it fun.

Haha. Last night when taking towers, people were shouting either Janthir rally calls or weird ones like “For the Horde!” or “Kill ALL the things!”.

IoJ just has fun even when we aren’t winning, that is probably the best thing about the server.

And yeah, people don’t get heated towards one another if losing really bad. They just play together and try to have some fun. Always on the chill pill (except for a few rare occasions).

Eisenhart Tor | Legion of the Aguila, Isle of Janthir
“My mind is my battlefield and sanctuary.
My weapon is conviction and perseverance is my shield.”

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Velron.3729

Ok guys stop telling them how awesome the server is, I don’t want anymore bandwagoners to clog the queues.

Yall are right, our server sucks. Stay away.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

CD here and I don’t care what tier we are in really. I just want to have a fight that lasts more than the weekend whether we are winning or losing. This whole one team stomps the other two, even if it’s us doing the stomping, is just not so enjoyable. The fact that it is happening on almost all the servers is indicative that there is a problem with the ranking system and it will just take time for them to settle into where they are supposed to be.

As it stands now, whoever is winning at the end of the weekend, is, generally speaking, the winner for the week.

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Jewel.1457

Jewel.1457

@eisenhart we also had a nekkid zerg running around the borderlands last night too… We outmanned CD so we thought that may even it out a little or at the least be amusing.

We met War Machine too and showed them the powah of nekkid

Gamey Blog: Healing the Masses - with the soul of thine enemy
Eriena of JQ-warrior forever

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Wyrmlimion.1540

Wyrmlimion.1540

When WvW resets again and your up against JQ lol
I wonder what those guilds that flooded IoJ this week will do then.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Dabura.9821

Dabura.9821

Personally I’m not bothered about the result in a match (IOJ btw) as long as it is entertaining and enjoyable. Yes we are winning now and thats great, and yes will be T1 next week but who cares what tier we are in? Yes it feels good to win but to win by such a clearly large margin is ridiculous compared to how most matchups start and all servers are pretty close in points. Dont get me wrong i love our server and will always be here no matter what and it does have good friendly people on it but anyone that says “on the rare occasion we get people who aren’t friendly” are kidding themselves because it will always have people that argue etc cause thats life. its just we have more good than bad. CD has put up a good fight since the start and ET have too and I appreciate those players that kept us on our feet at times this week. I don’t see why anyone has to brag about how well their server is doing or continue to argue after all its a game! Just enjoy it

I can’t wait to see how we do next week but win or lose ill be there and Good luck to CD and ET in their next matchups

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Inconceivable.7823

Am I ridiculously stocked up on siege right now? Yes yes I am. Will I be turning some of those intro superior versions with the forge before friday, why yes yes I will. Win or lose (and most likely lose next week) I hope IOJ comes out swinging friday…I know I wll be there, armed to the teeth.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Wyrmlimion.1540

Wyrmlimion.1540

Well I think its a fair guess to say your going to be up against Jade Quarry in the next reset, so your about to get a mighty challenge indeed, question is whos going to be the 3rd?

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Thorgrum.4679

Thorgrum.4679

O_O
What happened?

I logged out yesterday to IoJ holding 99% of the map with both sides struggling to get a hold.

I log in today and CD has half the pie.

Did IoJ give up? gasp Or are they not what they claim to be?

Despite popular belief, not everyone on CD “gives up” some of us have been there since day one, fighting every day (when can log on) win, loose, draw, cubstomp.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Velron.3729

We’ve been trying to tell you all the server isn’t as stacked as your doom and gloom members make it seem. If you’ve got EU coverage, push us in that time, it is our weakest. BG did the same thing to us each day last week during this time. You guys just chose to wait 3 days to do it lol

IoJ hasn’t claimed to be anything except a server full of people who fight win or lose. We like the struggle. We haven’t claimed to be anything more than that. We have large coverage gaps and aknowledge is, it doesn’t stop us from all fighting hard during the time we are on though. That’s what matters to us, the epic fights with our friends.

Great push CD, keep it coming!

(edited by Velron.3729)

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Xyne.9104

Xyne.9104

O_O
What happened?

I logged out yesterday to IoJ holding 99% of the map with both sides struggling to get a hold.

There are a few guilds under a few commanders who never gives up in CD.

I wouldn’t say names, but those of us who has always been there, would have knowledge of these guilds/commanders.

Thats how CD got half the pie.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Vixena.3821

O_O
What happened?

Despite popular belief, not everyone on CD “gives up” some of us have been there since day one, fighting every day (when can log on) win, loose, draw, cubstomp.

Every server has its share of people who “give up”, even IoJ has its fair share of people who stop fighting when it gets tough. It just has a higher percentage of people who do fight back than other some other servers.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

CharliePrince.2071

the score does not matter, just look at this screenshot and make of it what you will

Thank You Crystal Desert

Attachments:

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Vixena.3821

We were able to take back a good portion of the maps today, but we simply can’t do anything to defend due to the zergs from IoJ. We’re simply outnumbered.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Anunnaki.4327

Anunnaki.4327

Darn straight we don’t all give up!
It’s sad to see all the bandwagon-ers switch severs, instead of stick it out and try to prove something.
There is more to WvW than just a winning Zerg.
We’re all out here to have fun, and that’s what is important.

Last few days running with OES has been a blast. Goin from +0 to +200ish
Even though we lose it once we log off. It’s fun.

Good luck to IOJ in tier 1!
I’m looking forward to next week.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Dabura.9821

Dabura.9821

I just don’t see why everyone argues about nothing really (I’m IOJ). Discussing the scores and the battles we have are the point in these threads aren’t they? Not arguments about who is the better server or who “gives up” etc etc etc because every server will fall into those categories in some way or the other. Is it so hard to keep it civilised?? :P

Be good to see how CD have went with the push and be fun to fight for them back!

See you on the battle field

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

GavinGoodrich.1382

Had a good time with ET today. This kinda happened at the same time the CD euro-time push was getting into full-gear (nice push btw). I’m on IoJ, and just in the spirit of good fights, I hopped onto ET’s server to help run a push on their home turf. We were aggressive (and lucky) enough to get all the keeps flipped and enough upgrades started on the garrison in time that doors were able to finish before the massive bulk of IoJ got on. Sil we might have gone toe-to-toe, but I ain’t sure. Hope we did.

IoJ did a good job keeping our yaks dead from both directions (cripes) but eventually we started raiding down south to keep ’em off our backs (NJ cross, Zev, and Es, u know who you are). We pushed a little too hard and retook bay, only to lose it 15 mins later. We kinda overexteded with sieging hills at the same time, with no upgrades. But epic fun was had. And it made the week more interesting for everybody involved!

Garrison’s almost fully upgraded before I go to class. /crosses fingers…

In other words…if you don’t have much left to fight, join the other teams and enjoy fighting each other! It’s FUN, remember? Go have FUN.

edit oh, and you get to taunt your guildmates! Which is also fun.

NomNomNomNomNom
Resident Zerg Idiot
Isle of Janthir

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: ryan.3915

ryan.3915

I know we’re severely outnumbered. I know that the odds (and trebs) are stacked against us. I know that the point lead is too big to recover from.

Yet, every night, I log on to WvW and see CDers think of new ways to overcome the population imbalance. I’m happy to see that.

What I’m not happy with is that I’m very broke spending all cash on seige machines and upgrades. ><

Blaine Warbler, Thief
EDMW, Jade Quarry.
I still love Crystal Dessert tho.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

GavinGoodrich.1382

[edit]big snip

If too many people do this it’ll artificially affect the scores which then breaks the GLICKO system and undoes the reason we had daily match ups at launch.

The GLICKO system is already being broken by guild mass transfers.

Sorry, but you can’t expect me to wait for Anet to fix a system when we’re in this to have fun. Their only response I’ve seen so far is “suck it up” regarding nightcaps. Thus, the users take matters into their own hands to have a better gaming experience.

NomNomNomNomNom
Resident Zerg Idiot
Isle of Janthir

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Eisenhart.7965

Eisenhart.7965

[LOA] [FIST] and [ND] wer eon the field last night around 11pm to 1am SG / PH time.

It was kinda tough at first LOL. We lost almost everything to ET and CD.

By the time we were done, we retook most of what ET took, but we couldn’t push CD back much.

Hopefully tonight we’ll do it, but I <3 CD for bringing the fight on. Makes WvW awesome.

Eisenhart Tor | Legion of the Aguila, Isle of Janthir
“My mind is my battlefield and sanctuary.
My weapon is conviction and perseverance is my shield.”

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

I just want to thank those few IoJ guys tht let me run around and grab some vistas.
Since I was one of 4 CD ppl in IoJ BL trying to do any kind of fighting was 10x pointless.
I am glad tht you were all so bored that instead of just rolling my face you let me catch up on the ever so important map completion crap they put inside a PvP arena.

And to the IoJ zerg tht killed me when I tried to run into a ET tower because I forgot that we are blue this time and not green, I just have to say you are all bullies and just mean man….just mean.

Seems like Anet should just make WvWvW PvP for the weekend when everyone actually tries and it is fun. Then for the rest of the week everyone can just be friendly to eachother and we can all just run around hand in hand doing jumping puzzles and collecting POI’s.
I mean unless its fun for the “winners” to spend 5 days running around empty maps and camping spawn exits.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Steadfast.5827

Steadfast.5827

Comeon CD raise that raiting so your helo doesn’t tank! You can do it!

Vincent Seyani – 80 Necromancer [HB] Beastgate
Torgrin Direwolf – 80 Warrior [HB] Beastgate

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Vixena.3821

^ What in the world does that mean?