10/12 Tarnished Coast/Fort Aspenwood/Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Hygeria.9538

Hygeria.9538

The main mentality I see out of TCers is humor in the face of nasty over-matched weeks. If you have an ego about needing constant wins, then a life of steady server transfers is apparently more your speed.

I’ll stick with the guys discussing favorite pizza toppings and putting together elaborate suicide plans for fun over ever feeling down that I am not currently winning the pixels. And really for a mostly pug group with a sense of humor about WvW, I’d say TC does a respectable job. The server has a good reputation for a reason. Friendly people who still like to show up to the occasional fight.

…I just read this and had to say that with the naked dance party that happened despite BG owning pretty much all of our [TC] borderlands for the time and trying to spawn camp from Spiritholme, this is definitely true. lol

Some random [TCLU] guy.
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Bella.6432

Bella.6432

The main mentality I see out of TCers is humor in the face of nasty over-matched weeks. If you have an ego about needing constant wins, then a life of steady server transfers is apparently more your speed.

I’ll stick with the guys discussing favorite pizza toppings and putting together elaborate suicide plans for fun over ever feeling down that I am not currently winning the pixels. And really for a mostly pug group with a sense of humor about WvW, I’d say TC does a respectable job. The server has a good reputation for a reason. Friendly people who still like to show up to the occasional fight.

…I just read this and had to say that with the naked dance party that happened despite BG owning pretty much all of our [TC] borderlands for the time and trying to spawn camp from Spiritholme, this is definitely true. lol

Agreed, I mean I logged on around 4am eastern to find Jadon and co were holdiing Spirit in TCB — the only blue spot on the map — and that they had all lost their minds … I believe it was battle fatigue because for some reason they had gotten it into their heads that perhaps if they danced naked it would scare BG into submission …

Apparently BG doesn’t scare that easily :P

I’ve been sick and napping more than WuvWuving and needed to hit something, not to mention I didn’t want to get caught “on camera” .. so went over to EB where first Barroh, and then Odinzu were doing some actual fighting and killing and taking of things .. lol

And we are in second place… um.. did I mention how much I LOVE this server!?

FOR THE TOAST!

in WvW

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

I love Tarnished Coast but this is a matchup that should have never happened. I guess that means that Blackgate will have to get bored this week. There’s only so much stomping before people stop playing. I already know of a few who have stopped doing WvW because of this matchup.

in WvW

Posted by: sinister.9216

sinister.9216

Just want to say Hi to all the folks invading Blackgate Borderlands this week!

And also, <3 to the people from FA who had a naked dance party with us yesterday, that is, until the massive mob from my server came along and wiped you guys out.

:D

Tywin Onassis – 80 Necro Mez Yar – 40ish Mesmer
Uri Nightshade – 50ish Thief
Sarugaki Hiyori – 80 Warrior – Blackgate [FEAR]

in WvW

Posted by: Kerri Knight.3168

Kerri Knight.3168

Sunday 9am-ish update

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

October 14, 10am update
(I hope they close free transfers before BG gets tier 1 or we going to be infected by de noob train)

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

October 14, 10am update
(I hope they close free transfers before BG gets tier 1 or we going to be infected by de noob train)

Isn’t it mental states like that that CAUSED this horribly unbalanced matchup in the first place?

in WvW

Posted by: Jonto.2160

Jonto.2160

Not much to do vs a server with that high pop 24/7. FA only have people NA time, but you can’t do that much when everything is upgraded, they have 3 orbs and siege into the spawn.

Hope they close transferes soon, so we can get a stable WvW, a fun WvW.

I believe in cookies.

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

Bah. Quit blaming tranfers and start dancing naked on your enemies. Fun is how you make it, not how you complain about something out of your control.

in WvW

Posted by: Bluebizzer.1950

Bluebizzer.1950

Me personally, I have enjoyed this match as much as the last one. Certainly much more fun then the match ups where we (Tarnished Coast) owned 90%+ of the map anytime I played so there was nothing to do.

In the Eternal Battleground we’ve been quite capable of taking and holding our fair share during the times I play and having a great time doing so. Having tough opponents just makes the fighting more exciting imo.

in WvW

Posted by: Trock Bronze.9625

Trock Bronze.9625

Pelican.3840:

(IDK why but I couldn’t quote)

anyway, this is exactly why I love TC, we don’t get discouraged, we still fight on almost full strength in the face of defeat. It’s about fun here, if it’s not our bracket then whatever, lets still try and get as many points as we can before the week is over. The non-defeatist attitude just makes for a better experience even if loosing.

in WvW

Kerri Knight.3168

TCBL this morning was full of people sniping and snarking on each other, blaming each other for losses, badmouthing our commanders, etc.

Leveling pace has slowed to an absolute crawl for me, so I think I’m going to sit the rest of this week out. Bad attitudes take away what little enjoyment was left in facing an uphill climb. I may peek in during prime to see how things are, I hope this isn’t an indicator of our cheerfulness being a “fair weather” phenomenon. Anyone can proclaim how great the server culture is when we’re winning and moving up every week, it’s how you act when things are tough that really tell the tale.

(edited by Kerri Knight.3168)

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Kerri,

Evenyone gets overwhelmed playing too much WvW. Herding kittens (not KITTEN) is hard work. I am sure people being angry will vanish soon enough.

You can also do some /team PvP and make sure we keep positive! Anger and lamentation keeps me away from WvW.

Edit: And the score as of 8:43 PST on 10/14/2012.

-Coral

Attachments:

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

in WvW

Trock Bronze.9625

You should join the mumble, especially if you are on the homeland, there is always good times in there regardless of what some scrubs might be arguing about in map/team chat in game. I mean people even check in to just make sure we are having fun then worrying about winning or who lost what. Sure arguments will happen from time to time, blame might be given, but that us truly few and far between.

in WvW

Kerri Knight.3168

You should join the mumble, especially if you are on the homeland, there is always good times in there regardless of what some scrubs might be arguing about in map/team chat in game. I mean people even check in to just make sure we are having fun then worrying about winning or who lost what. Sure arguments will happen from time to time, blame might be given, but that us truly few and far between.

mail me connection info?

in WvW

Posted by: chern.8569

chern.8569

If you cant win, join them just like one of the random guild – TDA did.
They were non factor guild in HOD, once they knew where those TA crew xfer to, they just blindly follow them so they can enjoy stomping “Noobs” like you all.

in WvW

Posted by: Deathrow.3042

Deathrow.3042

This is just stupid. Now everybody is going to come to blackgate making the server way too populated. It had the perfect population for me before. Now I can’t even get into WvW because all these scrubs transferred here. It’s also stupid when we are dominating by this much.

Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Alodar.5794

Alodar.5794

Madember here…

I don’t know why so many people are saying they aren’t having fun. I know that myself and our guild (TSL) are having a great time. This has been a very challenging matchup and we have learned a lot of new things that will only make us stronger. We had a great fight yesterday on the Blackgate BL. We had absolutely nothing when I logged into the map. I asked everyone to group up and in typical TC fashion, everyone came together to try to get our map back. Eventually we were able to take back our camps and our tower and we held them until we got the outmanned buff (NICE PVE BUFF BY THE WAY) and were eventually outmatched based simply on numbers. The enemy had three times as many as we did just at our tower, and then another force just as large at our supply camp.

Anyone on TC who is wimpering during this week and thinking about moving to a different server… either suck it up and get back in there or please do leave. If the easily beat down players leave our server and go fill up spots on the top servers, it will only do them harm and not us.

The Shadow Legion (TSL) will see you all again tonight, tomorrow, the day after…. and the day after that. And like many others on this server, we will not quit.

Contacts
Alodar Sylmor (Madember in game) – Co-Guild Leader of The Shadow Legion (TSL) in Guild Wars 2
Mablung (Kerunir in game) – Co-Guild Leader of The Shadow Legion (TSL in Guild Wars 2
(The Shadow Legion Website]

Madember – Level 80 Elementalist
Madamber – Level 80 Guardian
Guild Leader of TSL (www.shadowlegion.net)

in WvW

Posted by: Ratnacage.1309

Ratnacage.1309

Well, this is boring. Reckon I’ll go level up my cooking until next week.

in WvW

Posted by: Alexander.4827

Alexander.4827

I have to say I quite enjoyed joining your naked “Garnished Toast” hysterical cult. It was very kind of you to let a Blackgate like my friend and I dance with you and observe your traditions. Was decently sure you were about to sacrifice me to your golem god but I’m glad you didn’t.

in WvW

Posted by: Mablung.3519

Mablung.3519

Its a test of character. Winning proves nothing. It is how you handle defeat that measures you and those around you.

Mablung- Co-Guild leader of Mortis Umbra [MU]

in WvW

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

Malum will be on tonight to help our TC brethren. See you guys in game tonight!

in WvW

Posted by: Twinbros.5372

Twinbros.5372

Its a test of character. Winning proves nothing. It is how you handle defeat that measures you and those around you.

A test of character? Hardly. Some of us just aren’t masochist. I don’t mind losing when its a fair match up. In fact I think its those kinds of games that help improve your abilities and strategy.

But there is nothing to be learned from this matchup, and there is no point in WvW this week other then to goof around. So while you might derive some sick pleasure out of being outnumbered 6-1, the rest of us will wait for next week when the numbers aren’t an easy win for the competition.

Tarnished Coast. 80 Elementalist , 80 Ranger, 80 Mesmer, 80 Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Mablung.3519

Mablung.3519

A test of character? Hardly. Some of us just aren’t masochist. I don’t mind losing when its a fair match up. In fact I think its those kinds of games that help improve your abilities and strategy.

But there is nothing to be learned from this match-up, and there is no point in WvW this week other then to goof around. So while you might derive some sick pleasure out of being outnumbered 6-1, the rest of us will wait for next week when the numbers aren’t an easy win for the competition.

Absolutely a test of character. Yours is that of a quitter. If it is not easy then you have no desire to go out and provide the best support you can for the map you’re on or server. You have spouted this type of behaviour in the past. I think you might want to look into transferring to a top tier server so that your needs are met.

That goes for anyone who does not feel the need to WvW and fight back. Sure we are facing a numbers mismatch, but that does not mean we are out-skilled or outplayed

Mablung- Co-Guild leader of Mortis Umbra [MU]

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

By this point, Twin sort of has a history of defeatism, I daresay (and risk, admittedly, his disagreement or perhaps wrath). One thing I think that defines certain servers is a desire to persevere. TC has that. Kaineng comes to mind. Heck, even with my admitted and irrational competitive dislike of them, I think Dragonbrand has that to a degree. Every server has people who transfer or give up.

But really? Sticking with it, fighting tooth and nail, crawling and scraping for a position and taking it? That’s a kitten good feeling. I’ve been busy. I hope to be able to leap in this evening or tomorrow, if I can. Even without having been around, the mere prospect of fighting for my server excites me.

in WvW

Posted by: vietNOM.2109

vietNOM.2109

As i see it being a blackgate since day 1, the noob train is the guilds transferring.

abandon ship!

in WvW

Twinbros.5372

But there is nothing to be learned from this match-up, and there is no point in WvW this week other then to goof around. So while you might derive some sick pleasure out of being outnumbered 6-1, the rest of us will wait for next week when the numbers aren’t an easy win for the competition.

Absolutely a test of character. Yours is that of a quitter. If it is not easy then you have no desire to go out and provide the best support you can for the map you’re on or server. You have spouted this type of behaviour in the past. I think you might want to look into transferring to a top tier server so that your needs are met.

That goes for anyone who does not feel the need to WvW and fight back. Sure we are facing a numbers mismatch, but that does not mean we are out-skilled or outplayed

And yours is of delusion, the type to cry “never give up!” even after the game has already been decided and you have lost. Like i said before I don’t mind losing when the playing field is even, and if a fair playing field is “too easy” for you then you really are a masochist.

As to my behavior don’t like it put me on ignore. But the stone cold truth that you can try and run away from is that I was right last week, and I’ll be right this week. And get your eyes checked while your at it, no where did I say we were “outplayed” or “out-skilled” in-fact I said the opposite, if we had the numbers we would be a top tier realm.

in WvW

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

TC is using this as a learning opportunity. Although we are getting stomped by Blackgate, it’s given us the opportunity to watch how top tier guilds work in wvw and that in turn can only help us improve.

in WvW

Posted by: Jonto.2160

Jonto.2160

TC is using this as a learning opportunity. Although we are getting stomped by Blackgate, it’s given us the opportunity to watch how top tier guilds work in wvw and that in turn can only help us improve.

Uhm, you learn absolutely nothing in a match you get stomped in. Neither in a match you own everything.

I believe in cookies.

in WvW

Posted by: SteelJelly.3217

SteelJelly.3217

I Learned something and that is We are Outnumbered Greatly.

in WvW

Posted by: Sunshine.3452

Sunshine.3452

I have to say I quite enjoyed joining your naked “Garnished Toast” hysterical cult. It was very kind of you to let a Blackgate like my friend and I dance with you and observe your traditions. Was decently sure you were about to sacrifice me to your golem god but I’m glad you didn’t.

The Golem God demanded your sacrifice at first, but as you joined the ritual of the sacred naked dance in PiNK underwear, you were dubbed worthy of its presence!

OOC: I as the pilot of sad Golem had a blast, especially when went on with our operation Occupy Garrison, We are the 1% (assuming 1% of all players are actually Roleplayers xD )

and as another sidenote… I really had to hold back not to get everyone to message you with ONE OF US, ONE OF US!

Mesmer/Thief – PiNK – Garnished Toast Butterlands
T.O.A.S.T. The Organsiation Against Server Transfers

in WvW

Scorpio Shirica.1286

Even with all the numbers, there are guilds in Blackgate that have a distinct set of tactics and maneuvers that some of us TC’ers are indeed learning from. People really ought being so down on the numbers game and realize that there is still a lot that we as TC PvP’ers can learn. Even when your low morale paraylzes your ability to learn, find other ways of having fun. Do not play against the scoreboard. The Cleveland Browns Franchise would cease to exist if it did that.

in WvW

Posted by: Beastmaster.5071

Beastmaster.5071

I thought I’d jump in on this thread. I am in BG with the TDA guild. Although BG is pretty much dominating this match so far, I am still having fun. This is because FA and TC are putting up a great fight where they can, despite our overwhelming presence. I hope you guys keep it up and continue providing the challenge for the rest of the week.

Came across this very funny incident yesterday, where an invader (forgot which server) saw our zerg coming and instead of running away, he danced and allowed us to kill him. Whoever you are, thanks for the great laugh. Hope your repair cost wasn’t high.

On another note, noticed a lot of bots from the other servers. Hope the real players in the other servers report any bots that you find. (Thanks for the free badges of honor though)

in WvW

Trock Bronze.9625

Twinbros- your attitude is not a welcome one on our server, obviously as everyone disagrees with you. If you have to win to have fun then please, transfer while it is free.

in WvW

Posted by: mcl.9240

mcl.9240

Twinbros- your attitude is not a welcome one on our server, obviously as everyone disagrees with you. If you have to win to have fun then please, transfer while it is free.

I have to agree. TC is not a server where people win at any cost, nor one where they ragequit when we’re not holding a clear lead. TC tries harder. TC doesn’t give up. TC just keeps coming.

in WvW

Posted by: Banono.4597

Banono.4597

I am from TC and just had a blast in EB. We were constantly keeping pressure on both sides and capping points. Sometimes you just have to play like that scoreboard doesn’t exist.

in WvW

Sunshine.3452

To be honest .. we should alwlays play like that scoreboard doesn’t exist

Mesmer/Thief – PiNK – Garnished Toast Butterlands
T.O.A.S.T. The Organsiation Against Server Transfers

in WvW

Twinbros.5372

I couldn’t give a flying kitten if my attitude is welcome or not lol. And your kidding yourself if you think I’m the only one who feels this way. Read previous posts, there are a couple of people aren’t feeling this weeks match up and agree with me. And last time I checked this was a public forum where anyone can voice there opinion, if you don’t like mine that’s just too bad.

Next week will hopefully be a more fair match population-wise, and when the playing field is more even we will contribute to the realms efforts again.

in WvW

Trock Bronze.9625

yes but you seem to wish to express your view as THE view of our server when it clearly is not. Overall the view contradictory to yours, we want people who will fight no matter how we are doing, win or lose, have fun. If this is how you feel then you should check out a variety of other servers that are winning were you will ‘feel’ better. I mean if you aren’t going to enjoy the way our server works then why stay?

in WvW

Beastmaster.5071

Alodar.5794

Tarnished Coast won’t give up. We never have in any of the previous matchups, and we look at each week as an opportunity to learn more and improve. Already this week we have learned a lot about how higher ranking servers respond and move around. Looking forward to the rest of the week actually regardless of the score.

While I agree with the sentiment that we’ve got a good thing going on TC and definitely “punch above our weight class” to some degree…

Saturday late AM on TCBL there wasn’t a whole lot to learn about tactics or strategy besides “50 beats 10”, “2 trebuchet and 2 catapult and a golem can take down a tower with no upgrades really fast” and “It’s hard to mount a siege against a fully upgraded keep when you can barely even keep one single supply camp for more than 2-3 minutes at a time.” There aren’t exactly a lot of advanced concepts you can learn when the enemy is just bludgeoning you with sheer numbers and ridiculous amounts of equipment.

I’ve also seen a great deal more bickering and loss of morale than previously and I had already observed, seeing the writing on the wall from last night, that this would be a make-or-break week for TC since it is our 2nd week facing a server that can hold 50%+ in prime and 90%+ overnight and our 3rd week facing a server that has overnight presence (we managed to hold 1st against SoS, however, so that probably helped more than hurt). Come Monday or Tuesday, we’ll see if the enthusiasm stays high, definitely a real gut-check for us. We still had something to scrape and fight for last week in terms of clawing our way back to a “respectable 2nd place finish” from behind. I’m not sure this week is shaping up in the same way, so far.

It is not a fair matchup that BG, with the recent transfers of w3 focused guilds, got pitted against TC and FA. But we are trying to move up the tier. Hope you guys don’t lose morale and that next week onwards the matchups are more fair. In my earlier post I mentioned that you guys are putting up a challenge. Orchis also mentioned that our wins are not coming easy, that we have to work for it, to which I strongly agree. We spent about 1.5 hours yesterday just to get a single overlook in EB, if this tells you anything about the great work other servers are putting in. Hope it stays this way for the rest of the week. Even better, team up FA and TC and give us a greater resistance.

in WvW

Sharpclaw.7510

Twinbros: Quit saying “we” when you mean “you”. If they want to say things, they can say it themselves. You’re not their mother.

Some people fight because they like the effort. Some, for fun. Some because they have pride in their server (which you’d know nothing about). Some, to learn from other servers. I could, right here, list at least twelve reasons why someone might want to keep fighting. Some, because they’re not cowards. /shrug

As for whatever you were “right about last week”, considering that a) you’re generally forgettable when you talk and b) TC rallied towards the end of the match to tear down Dragonbrand, I’m struggling to understand what reality you live in.

But that’s all tangetial to the real point is that some people play the game to have fun. If you’re version of fun is running away, that’s fine. But if other people want to play the game, how about you let them?

in WvW

Beastmaster.5071

Some nice attack at garrisson full upgraded in E Bg.
Lots of Golems upgraded door down in 10s
BlackGate has unlimited ressources cause we have Bruce Wayne :P

Yeah, I was in one of the golems. Was pretty fun.

Lol @ Bruce Wayne. He is the best commander I have battled under so far. Mainly because of his light heartedness, his awesome tactics and he communicates very frequently in the map and guild chats.

in WvW

Twinbros.5372

yes but you seem to wish to express your view as THE view of our server when it clearly is not. Overall the view contradictory to yours, we want people who will fight no matter how we are doing, win or lose, have fun. If this is how you feel then you should check out a variety of other servers that are winning were you will ‘feel’ better. I mean if you aren’t going to enjoy the way our server works then why stay?

I expressed my view as my own view, not that of our server. And I pointed out how others who have posted on this very topic feel the same. I won’t presume, like you do, to represent the majority of players, I’ll let them post their own feelings.

And I’ve only continued to post my view when people have responded to my posts.

in WvW

Beastmaster.5071

Just a note, if the Twinbros vs Others discussion goes on for much longer, then I have a feeling that this thread will be locked down. Just saying it in a friendly way, no attack to anyone.

in WvW

Sharpclaw.7510

It’s a fair thing to point out.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeul.1068

Jeul.1068

Of all the things we could complain about in WvW ( invisible armies, hackers running around without fear, orbs overpowering the winners, etc..), why on earth would we complain about a matchup against a strong opponent?

I am from TC and I’ve been enjoying what we’ve been doing so far. The battles have been epic and sweeping. The only thing I don’t like is the defeatists in /team chat. There are only a couple, but they are loud and annoying.

The scared little guy from TC up there ( don’t remember his name and don’t care ) can stay or go as he pleases. If he complains too much in team chat, just /block him. Easy. :P

FA, BG – this has been fun so far. You better believe we’re not done yet!

Ranger of The Eventide Concordat
www.Eventide-Concordat.com
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Aranath.1296

Aranath.1296

I’ve been playing on BG since pre-release and have been through the ups and downs. To tell the truth, i’m seriously thinking about transferring to TC. I love to RP. Can any of you lovely Coastians tell me if the RP community is flourishing?

in WvW

Twinbros.5372

I’ve been playing on BG since pre-release and have been through the ups and downs. To tell the truth, i’m seriously thinking about transferring to TC. I love to RP. Can any of you lovely Coastians tell me if the RP community is flourishing?

I haven’t been looking hard, but I have seen some random RP’s mainly in human lands, both in Divinity’s Reach and the Human Starting Area. There is a website for a directory of all the RP guilds here.

http://guildwars2roleplayers.com/forum/m/2737230/viewforum/1050337

in WvW

Scorpio Shirica.1286

Dooodes. We got an orb!

in WvW

Sunshine.3452

Yeah.. I was like.. WTF?