10/19 Gates of Madness vs Yaks Bend vs Sorrows Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: Raist.4580

Raist.4580

Proud of GoM. Saturday was awesome. Don’t care about score or crying about zergs. Outnumbered and out supplied we took Eternal over with non-stop organization and teamwork. Starting at 10am EST with not owning anything on any map to 11pm EST when we took Stone mist. By far the most fun with GW2 for me. There are many of us that are not leaving GoM and going to keep putting in effort in WvW. Lucky to be part of it.

Raist Delirium | [KBD] Killed by Death | Tarnished Coast
Commander of the Army of Northern Virginia
http://failmore.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Meurto.8520

Meurto.8520

Yak’s is currently camping our spawn in Yak’s borderland, but so far I have baited about 20 of them in range of the guards and wrecked another 50+ in 1vX. From what I have witnessed thus far they simply overwhelm us with numbers as I have been less than impressed by an individuals up to this point.

in WvW

Posted by: Kirrund.2654

Kirrund.2654

Just fought a speedhacker on Yak’s Bend, figured I’d report it here. My whole group saw it too, I don’t have screenshots because the situation that I was in was way too hectic. But one of our guys was frapsing, pretty sure he may have caught it on video, dunno. I mean I knew people were cheating but this was the first time I saw it in person.

Blatant speedhacking too.

Guardian named Chandh
ID name djonfire.6398

he attacked me while I was on a ballista defending a supply camp between 11: 20-11:37 pm cst. After 1v1ing him, he put up the guardian block thing and sped away. Then after we started getting overrun and had a couple chasers, our group turned to engage, the guardian was back. We turned to kill him. Got him to about 5%, he put up the block thing again and sped off. Came back with full out of combat hp about 15 seconds later. Did the same thing again. Then my group died, I ran off, got away, he sped in front of me and slowed me down.

Sigh, cheaters. Just throwing the name out there. Cheating is on every server…just gotta get rid of them little by little. Report please, or observe. My whole group reported.

Kaseira The False [NEWL]
www.teamnewl.com
“NEWL guys are cool guys.” -styx.7294 approved.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Not sure what all the concern is about spawn camping. If they have enough to effectively cover all 3 exits to keep you guys from punching out, whats the point in getting out anyways? Go to another map, let them rot there. I have yet to ever be restricted from getting out of my spawn in this game and I doubt I ever will be.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Niim.9260

Gate of Madness and Sorrow’s Furnace, transfer to another server (for this week) where WvW is actually fan. I had a blast fighting for Maguuma.
Let Yak’s farm some mats in peace and quiet.

why would I do that? Target rich environment, is the best kind of environment.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Jan.4830

Jan.4830

Have to commend Sorrows Furnace for an amazing defence of Cliffside in the SF borderlands.

Took 4 hours of INTENSE seige, hell lot of dying, hell lot of repair bills to take it. (for a short while before it got taken back by you guys)

To the commander who defended it: Holy hell, Arrowcarts, arrowcarts everywhere.

Yaks Bend Alliance
Melisande-Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Subtle.4596

Subtle.4596

I agree with Melisande – what a fight..

Subtle/Not Subtle
80Thief/80Guard
Yaksbend Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Bleergh.1938

Bleergh.1938

Yeah i was in that Cliffside/Garrison fight on the SF Borderlands too. I have to say it was the most fun I’ve had in WvWvW since the NCPvsSoRvsYB match

Shal Greenhaven
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Lots of bots in your waters Yaks bend i am trying to kill them off but my class dose bad dmg under water well the long ranges i guess that the one nice thing about losing you can bot hunt hehe.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

Have to commend Sorrows Furnace for an amazing defence of Cliffside in the SF borderlands.

Took 4 hours of INTENSE seige, hell lot of dying, hell lot of repair bills to take it. (for a short while before it got taken back by you guys)

To the commander who defended it: Holy hell, Arrowcarts, arrowcarts everywhere.

ha, i was working on my WvW map completion today and that was the one vista i didn’t have.

Good fight SF keeping me out of it all day! i had a blast.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Meurto.8520

Meurto.8520

If Yak’s has this kind of coverage how did they ever lose their last matchup? They seem to have massive zergs across all 4 areas as well as a large night presence.

in WvW

Posted by: Teknobug.3782

Teknobug.3782

We’re right back to what happened 3 weeks ago against Darkhaven and Anvil Rock- that’s by dropping back down a tier. We seem to dominate this tier.

I asked to let up on the territory so we can get some fights, but most insist on owning all the maps, no point in sitting in WvW when there’s almost no one around to fight.

Yak’s Bend WvWvW’er [Mount Phoenix Imperials]
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram | Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB (14.2)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

(edited by Teknobug.3782)

in WvW

Posted by: Richard.2318

Richard.2318

Lol. Yak’s numbers are too insane. Makes me question how balanced this is -.-. They seem to have wayyy more people even when the borderland is full.

in WvW

Posted by: Permutation.7862

Permutation.7862

You know what, I still love the WvW even if Gate of Madness is getting rocked, its understandable that there are some problems in the rankings considering server moves and I hope that, that really just works itself out in time. It sucks that I have to wait for a week for anything to change and I wish they would do something about it, but I’m not sure what that would entail. It seems for the most part that Yaks Bend has been respectful in realizing what’s going on and that’s all I can really expect from them. Everyone likes to win!

in WvW

Posted by: Erinshaw.8035

Erinshaw.8035

As a member of yaks I am so diappointed with the current matchup. It at this stage appears to be the reverse of last week for us. Am currently doing sentry duty on the south towers. My guild will not camp the spawn points.. The fight yesterday was fantastic and all 3 servers gave their all. This morning it was on for young and old again but neither of the opposition servers could really get a foot hold. I was hoping for a close game win or loose. Do not loose heart we felt as you did last week at this time. Server jumping will not solve the problem. Keep up the good fight each battle can be a win and forget the score

The Older Gamers (TOG) wvw guild leader

in WvW

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

Can you guys at Yaks at least kill the bots in the water?
Freaking A. man.

No fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Nanorin.9285

Nanorin.9285

For that guild that screwed Yak last week, sincerely kitten YOU!!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Bridget Morrigan.1752

Bridget Morrigan.1752

It’s against human nature to give up that which you worked hard to win. And this has been a hard fight for Yaks—Friday was tightly matched all night, and both teams, but especially GoM, gave a really good showing on Saturday as well. Kudos to all. It’s impossible to tell when a splash of the enemy’s color on the map will become an overwhelming tide, as it did last week with SoR. So people are going to be fighting to keep the map all green. Asking them to back off deliberately so there can be more fights is just not within most people’s psychology.

And even if it was, I don’t think I’d want to be on another server that won or made points back because Yaks or anyone else “let” that server win. I wouldn’t have liked it last week against SoR, so believe me I can see it from both sides. People want to win legitimately—that’s why the orb hackers are so unpopular even with their own servers. Anyway, for that reason, trying to get people on any winning side to back off for a while for the sake of better fights is not just unreasonable, it’s kind of disrespectful to the losing teams.

Spawn camping excluded, of course, which is just not dignified play. However, I dare any server to prevent random people camping spawn points when they own the map. It’s not my idea of fun, but it always will be some people’s, and it’s ridiculous to act like it wouldn’t go on in every single server, given the chance. Don’t even pretend.

in WvW

Niim.9260

Lol. Yak’s numbers are too insane. Makes me question how balanced this is -.-. They seem to have wayyy more people even when the borderland is full.

I was thinking about this yesterday. I wish there was a /who command so we could see what we have. By ‘appearances’ when we have a que we are outnumbered, which theoretically shouldn’t be the case.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Teknobug.3782

Teknobug.3782

I wouldn’t call it insane, it’s obvious we do have more than the other 2 servers, but we couldn’t even match Sanctum of Rall’s numbers last week- now THEIR numbers were insane.

Have you been getting the outnumbered buff?

Yak’s Bend WvWvW’er [Mount Phoenix Imperials]
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram | Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB (14.2)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

in WvW

Posted by: zuube.5930

zuube.5930

If Yak’s has this kind of coverage how did they ever lose their last matchup? They seem to have massive zergs across all 4 areas as well as a large night presence.

Guilds transfering to Sanctum of Rail saturday afternoon is what happen. From one of the threads I read on the forums these were pvp guilds from other games.

in WvW

Posted by: terialk.6174

terialk.6174

TY very much players on Yaks. Cliffside on SF borderlands for a time was being defended by 3 commanders, lol [Juan| Caliga| Bronade] but then Caliga and Bronade went to EB after 6-8 hrs in SF borderlands. I think Juan stayed in SF though… I didn’t check after I went to EB as well because we were trying to get our guildies into SF borderlands and the queue was already 20+ minutes for some reason (which is confusing because it didn’t seem we had the numbers to be in a queue in the borderlands… Lots of afkers????).

Server morale however is definitely quite low, but at least my guild is trying to hustle people into there. Hope some others shall do the same.

- Terieleth, Sorrow’s Furnace, Terror Guild [TG]

Terieleth | Tirieleth | Terial Dreamweaver/Duskwalker
- Terror [TG]| Crystal Desert
- go-terror.com

in WvW

Niim.9260

This morning we had a nice battle in Yak borderlands, lots of back and forth around the tower, had some good fun for maybe 30 mins, got the door half way (maybe not, but its good for moral to say we did), then of course Yak showed up with 3x the numbers, drove them all to the spawn and everyone left. I have no idea what drives the need to bring that many people, but you just kill your own fun in the process.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

fivekiller.1432

@Niim

no individual is thinking they need to bring 3x your numbers. they all just want to pvp so they show up.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: miragezero.2738

miragezero.2738

I hope all the ppl complaining about Yak’s realize the exact same thing happened to us last week (resulting in some xfers FROM Yak’s). Ebb and flow… if you’re getting spawn camped I’m sorry tho. That IS in poor form but every server has people that will do this if the opportunity arises.

Also since it did happen to us I’ve noticed from map chat that people are saying things like “Yeah we had the lead last week too” which is making them more apt to be aggressive at all times.

in WvW

Posted by: Omega.6123

Omega.6123

Servers like this should not be put into this tier. They get greedy and spawn camp all day, I even used my friends account and managed to have a conversation with some of the guys on yak, most of the conversations went like “stop spawning and well stop camping” ect. Its really demoralizing to be blocked out of the map and the jumping puzzle for a week and not even to be able to fight on fair grounds in any situation (3 orbs + 3x the people). Yak’s Bend has no decency at all, a zerg of 40 spawning our spawn as we speak. I hope you enjoy your 300k your score at the end of the week, must mean a lot.

(edited by Omega.6123)

in WvW

Posted by: Silicate.4061

Silicate.4061

@Niim

no individual is thinking they need to bring 3x your numbers. they all just want to pvp so they show up.

Except this isn’t really PvP, it’s ZvP (Zerg vs Player).

in WvW

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

Servers like this should not be put into this tier. They get greedy and spawn camp all day, I even used my friends account and managed to have a conversation with some of the guys on yak, most of the conversations went like “stop spawning and well stop camping” ect. Its really demoralizing to be blocked out of the map and the jumping puzzle for a week and not even to be able to fight on fair grounds in any situation (3 orbs + 3x the people). Yak’s Bend has no decency at all, a zerg of 40 spawning our spawn as we speak. I hope you enjoy your 300k your score at the end of the week, must mean a lot.

You do realize that EVERY server that dominates spawn camps right? Hell, it happened to YB last week as well. Stop kittening about it. We were lowered into the tier with GoM and SF because we were beat 4 to 1 last week. 450k to our 100k.

in WvW

fivekiller.1432

spawn camping make the game worse for the winners and the losers.

this is the reason to not do it. it has nothing to do with anyone’s personal feelings.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Richard.2318

Richard.2318

What I was wondering is how the team balancing works.

Like lets say there is a total of 300 people allowed into 1 map.

Is it divided into 100vs100vs100? or first 300 people to join the map. (ie. 150vs80vs70)

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

slight question to SF.
you’d think that you would prioritize not getting facerolled in your own borderlands but instead fight GOM? common sense would dictate you would want your own territories back. why are you fighting us? are we so threatening?

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Niim.9260

slight question to SF.
you’d think that you would prioritize not getting facerolled in your own borderlands but instead fight GOM? common sense would dictate you would want your own territories back. why are you fighting us? are we so threatening?

Playing for the score board in this kind of match plays into the hands of the yakzerg. Game is lost, play to kill and have fun, map is irrelevant. Personally I wont fight GoM in this match because I believe that in a match like this we should be double teaming the zerglets. Other people give excuses as to why that wont work and that is fine, believe what you will, but I personally wont take the fight to GoM lands.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Niim.9260

Is it divided into 100vs100vs100? or first 300 people to join the map. (ie. 150vs80vs70)

It is supposed to work the first way, who knows how it actually is and the game doesn’t provide enough information for us to know.

I would say personally it isn’t working right. Early on there was a dev post saying that the que system was bugged, they were looking into it, but I have never heard anything back. At that time though you could be in a que, enter the map and have the undermanned buff. I haven’t had that happen in awhile, but still we had a que yesterday and the numbers didn’t line up as being equal by my estimate. That said perception is a wonky thing at times.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

slight question to SF.

Playing for the score board in this kind of match plays into the hands of the yakzerg. Game is lost, play to kill and have fun, map is irrelevant. Personally I wont fight GoM in this match because I believe that in a match like this we should be double teaming the zerglets. Other people give excuses as to why that wont work and that is fine, believe what you will, but I personally wont take the fight to GoM lands.

that’s the point of my question. why fight us when together we might actually be able to obtain a slightly more dignified amount of points?

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Niim.9260

I am not, I havent been in GoM lands once this match, nor attacked a GoM objective unless it was in what I percieve as ‘our’ territory. The issue of course is that even leadership doesnt buy into this idea, so…. people go where they will.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Bregah.7365

Bregah.7365

I got the distinct impression last week (last Saturday when the guilds were transferring into SoR – I’m on Yak’s) that it wasn’t working properly.

Maybe it is, but it sure didn’t feel like it.

I played a LOT last Saturday, and while Yak’s had a queue for all 4 zones when I started, SoR rolled through almost everything.

By the end of my long session, I (along with a large cross-guild mumble force) was getting the Outmanned buff like 45 minutes after entering a zone with a queue.

For this week, I was in briefly yesterday, and these types of matchups are absolutely no fun at all.

These types of matchups are also, unfortunately, the norm in WvW, it seems. We did have that amazingly fun matchup 2 weeks ago (1st -3rd separated by like 5k at week’s end), but the majority are these overwhelming dominating scorelines.

The only reason I even went into WvW yesterday was because I had a character close to completing all 4 zones (had 2 done, 1 not touched, and one missing 3 items) for exploration. I saw exactly 1 enemy player :-(

I’ll probably use this week to get 2 other alts done with exploration of the WvW zones (both of my 80’s are done, and I think my 17ish ele is close), but for me, at least, WvW where you are leading the score update 600-50-45 is just as little fun as when you are one of the lower scores – it’s no fun at all.

And yeah, the spawn camping is unfun and kind of lame – but people, in general, go to WvW to fight others, and if that’s the only place there are enemies, that’s where they’ll go. Try to imagine how hard it would be on YOUR server to, say, organize allowing an enemy to take a supply camp and a tower just to allow your server to have something to take back.

Especially if YOUR server was spawn camped last week (like SoR did to us).

WvW needs some major changes if week-long battles are here to stay. Without changes – and I can’t really say what they should be – many battles will be largely unfun and unfought for 5 of the 7 days.

in WvW

Posted by: Oheson.2319

Oheson.2319

As a Yak Bender, I salute GoM and SR. I know it sucks to be down the numbers. We were in that position last week. Personally I will NEVER spawn camp and I would suggest fellow Yakkers to not spawn camp. Spawn camping is simply not cool. Let’s be a Fonzie and “Be cool”.

in WvW

Posted by: patricide.1062

patricide.1062

Yes, that Cliffside battle on Saturday was insane. It took two commanders and at least three alliance guilds to finally take it down. Also, a clever trebuchet positioning at Garrison sure didn’t hurt :P

I know people say that Yak’s has just been outzerging, but the truth is that we have been working hard on a server wide alliance. We have good communication and are able to pool our resources.

Maybe some of the other Yak commanders will get mad at me for posting this, but this is an example of inter-guild communication and resource pooling that allowed us to finally cap SFB after a long, tough night.

Support Guardian – D/D Ele
[Rawr] – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Ordibble.3092

Ordibble.3092

To SF and GoM, if you can organise it, try and get everyone to go into one map (probably Eternal BG is the likely choice). If there are enough of you, you might be able to make some personal achievements and have some fun by evening out the numbers at least in that map.

As for YB letting up and pulling back, here’s a question for us: who is ready for tier 4? Personally I’d rather go to tier 5 first rather than risk bouncing between stupidly big win to stupidly big loss. http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

in WvW

Posted by: Gstringbass.2506

Gstringbass.2506

I enjoyed that video with Yaks having 8 siege golems, just shows you how impossible it is to fight a server with 1500 supply in their forts when you are lucky if everyone on the map has 10 supply. I just haven’t seen an example of a comeback yet once one server has complete resource control. Maybe they can create some kind of balancing mechanism to give the underdogs a slight chance in regards to having resources available. I have no idea what could work to accomplish this. Maybe have supply camps produce supply at a much faster rate when you don’t own any forts on a map?

in WvW

Posted by: patricide.1062

patricide.1062

What you didn’t see was what happened before the camera was rolling. We were at a stalemate with SF, and we needed to break it in a bad way. I won’t give away our exact strategy, but it involved multiple feints and diversions. We were pretty evenly matched numbers wise.

Support Guardian – D/D Ele
[Rawr] – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

Well I have yet to run into a “Nice battle” going into the mists so far this weekend. And all I have time to do now is whine about it on the forums. I don’t think anyone is going to give a decent showing ever at this rate.

And spawn camping needs to be designed out of the game, not requested upon the players.

Stuff like this needs repair costs removed so people feel a need to run in and fight instead of just dodging about avoiding them.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhoto.8791

Rhoto.8791

YB is definitely good at taking keeps by zerging with overwhelming numbers, but where are the good players at? We were 2 v 8+ you guys all day today, I don’t even have any exotics.

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]
Original [OG] (good times)

in WvW

Posted by: gosu.4128

gosu.4128

@ Ordibble

Thanks for the tip. We’ve been trying that during every single match up. The problem is that GoM is incredibly disorganized and uncoordinated, and beyond repair, really.

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

There is lots of bots at Yaks Bend borderlands in the north of the lake, I was killing them however a group of people from Yaks Bend thought it would be fun to defend the bots. I guess they enjoy the bots..

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

As a Yak Bender, I salute GoM and SR. I know it sucks to be down the numbers. We were in that position last week. Personally I will NEVER spawn camp and I would suggest fellow Yakkers to not spawn camp. Spawn camping is simply not cool. Let’s be a Fonzie and “Be cool”.

I don’t mind spawn camping as long as you don’t use siege weapons.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Suun.2856

Suun.2856

…I just haven’t seen an example of a comeback yet once one server has complete resource control…

Last week Yaks owned the maps at about 10 hours past the reset. We lost by a huge margin at the end of the match.

There is lots of bots at Yaks Bend borderlands in the north of the lake, I was killing them however a group of people from Yaks Bend thought it would be fun to defend the bots. I guess they enjoy the bots..

I may have been one of those that attacked you (just the once).
Sorry about that. I wasn’t aware of the situation at the time. If I was I would not have hindered your progress of “bot removal”.

To those people (the opposing forces) that have been a part of the long and huge battles on Yaks – Well done.
To those that weren’t there – you missed a very long and intense battle(s) by your own forces.

To people who wake up to find that they are starting a new match already behind – the match starts at 10am my time. Get some oceanic people in there at the start, because we wont wait for you to wake up – just as you wont stop when I go to bed. That goes for “night capping” is unfair (or some such negative) – your night or mine?

When your zerg has a 3 to 1 [players] advantage on us and runs away, don’t blame Yaks.

Orb Buffs – I agree that they aren’t needed if you are ahead, and if you are behind you cant get them when you need them. Lets remove them all together, or make it +1 to server PvE stuff.

Isn’t it correct that each server gets to have 1/3 (thats 33%) of the total possible map population? If we fill our population slots and still out number another server on the map, it is because that server has not shown up for battle. A common occurrence throughout the week regardless of server.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Isn’t it correct that each server gets to have 1/3 (thats 33%) of the total possible map population? If we fill our population slots and still out number another server on the map, it is because that server has not shown up for battle. A common occurrence throughout the week regardless of server.

Each server has 166 spots per map.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Niim.9260

To people who wake up to find that they are starting a new match already behind – the match starts at 10am my time. Get some oceanic people in there at the start, because we wont wait for you to wake up – just as you wont stop when I go to bed. That goes for “night capping” is unfair (or some such negative) – your night or mine?

When your zerg has a 3 to 1 [players] advantage on us and runs away, don’t blame Yaks.

I love when zerglets talk kitten. Your server brings numbers to the table, nothing else. Enjoy tier 4.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Vencenzo.1246

Vencenzo.1246

I yield, time to level my alt.
I like being outnumbered, being in a pinch is the most fun imo.
The line between being in a pinch and impossible has been crossed.

It would shed some light for Yak’s if they knew SoR took 90% of our population 3 weeks ago.

Thief [TFS]
The Fallen Sons
Sorrows Furnace