10/19: Kain/Ferg/Devona

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

DR should live it up this week, because next week who knows if any guilds will leave or transfer off. Will this be the norm? Is this a one time deal like Kain last week?

/tsk tsk at transfers

The top bracket and the lowest bracket both offer something the mid brackets can’t deliever at the moment and that is relatively competitive matches. Since the queues are horrible at the top bracket I suspect the lowest bracket will consistently be getting transfers from people looking for competitive matches rather than kitten boosting.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: SpaceLord.4590

SpaceLord.4590

You know it is really hard to tell. I am not sure if PRO’s move is temp (bad matchup for GOM against YAK’s) or if they are looking for a new home. Guess that would be for them to answer.

I myself am bouncing around looking at different servers to finally settle down. Been on SF, AR, and now DR. Liked what I saw last night on DR, gonna stay awhile and see how it goes

Haaaa Key Puck (80) Norn Mesmer (80) Asura Engineer-Protocol [PRO]
Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Sumwun.3846

Sumwun.3846

You know it is really hard to tell. I am not sure if PRO’s move is temp (bad matchup for GOM against YAK’s) or if they are looking for a new home. Guess that would be for them to answer.

I myself am bouncing around looking at different servers to finally settle down. Been on SF, AR, and now DR. Liked what I saw last night on DR, gonna stay awhile and see how it goes

Started on Aspenwood, moved to DR when it opened up to link up with some others who we know. DR sucked, very very quiet, and dead. left DR to look at SoS and IoJ. Missed my pals on DR and came back.

The last two weeks have been astounding for server growth / development. we’ve come a long way. If you enjoy the idea of helping build something up and being able to look back on it and see how far it’s come; DR is your server.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

SpaceLord.4590

Thanks Sumwun. It is not about winning to me at all. (Proof of that is that I have tried SF, AR and now DR lol) No offense meant to any of those servers but they are not necessarily WvW powerhouses. I did enjoy most of my time on both of those servers. Just trying to see what is out there before I commit.

First and formost no Queue time is important to me.

Next, it is spirit and coordination. I understand there will always be mistakes and bad moves, it is par for the course. As a whole commanders need to understand what is needed, and by that I mean..zerg..zerg…zerg is not the answer.

Last night DR had good commanders in the field, at least where I was. Very promising.

Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Sumwun.3846

Thanks Sumwun. It is not about winning to me at all. (Proof of that is that I have tried SF, AR and now DR lol) No offense meant to any of those servers but they are not necessarily WvW powerhouses. I did enjoy most of my time on both of those servers. Just trying to see what is out there before I commit.

First and formost no Queue time is important to me.

Next, it is spirit and coordination. I understand there will always be mistakes and bad moves, it is par for the course. As a whole commanders need to understand what is needed, and by that I mean..zerg..zerg…zerg is not the answer.

Last night DR had good commanders in the field, at least where I was. Very promising.

DR’s been growing up. People are beginning to recognize names in chat and a lot of egos are getting put aside in the name of building something larger. This is the first time I recall DR on top. and the last two weeks are the only two I remember that it wasn’t total blow out.

I previously mentioned that I noticed lots of lowbies on our server, so in a month or so I think we will see a decent increase in our WvW population again. I’m in no rush, I’m just making predictions.

This weeks match has been incredibly close and the Fregs are growing on me, I rather enjoy our match mates, I’m not in too much of a rush to replace this.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Sumwun.3846

Actually,

If anyone is out there reading, I would love to see a score update.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

I had the same conversation about many people not to 80 yet or playing other types of characters until they find the one they like the most and getting it to 80. Even though DR has been here for what, 2 months now or so?, a good portion of the server has not hit 80 on their first toon yet. I know people that have multiple 80’s (more than 3) and others that aren’t there yet or have just made 80. I mean it took me about 3 weeks for my first 80 and only like 1.5 weeks for my second, but with all of them I’ve filled my inbetween storyline quests with WvW which is what got me hooked to it. I don’t have a commander’s icon, and I don’t claim to be a leader. I am even harsh in words often, but also optimistic and mostly level headed. I get pee’d off some nights from stupidity (but everyone goes through that at some point). I’ve helped many of the sieges on this server for both homeland and EB and I’m constantly broke from all the siege that I put down for defending our territory.

Before PRO, DR was already moving up. The week before this matchup, we were our own population for the most part and we narrowed that huge point gap. PRO gave us a huge advantage in active WvW population and it is noticable without a doubt. What I don’t want to see, and I don’t speak for everyone on this server of course, is a void left behind should PRO move on to another server. “We” must remember that with large guilds such as this when they come everyone is like Yay, and when they leave everyone is like S***, because it leaves a huge void in the active population or vice versa when coming to said server.

Also, it’d be nice to see some names in signatures so we know who all is giving their opinions here for this bracket. It would be easier then for guilds coming here to know who’s active in the community through the forums and from what guild they are from (whether the messages are good, bad, or trolling in nature). If you’ve got something to say, you may as well make yourself known, not just the use of your account name.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

SpaceLord.4590

:) Name is Haaa Key Puck As soon as I settle down I promise a sig will be there. if you see me out there give me a yell.

Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Sirenic.4275

Sirenic.4275

Hello everyone!
Leader of the guild PRO here…(Phizyn)

I just wanted to make clear that PRO has moved from Gates of Madness to Devonas Rest and we are not moving. Moving servers takes awhile for larger guilds and its rather annoying to move them all to be honest…

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks for the warm welcomes and hope we can just give you that extra boost in WvW.

-Phizyn

-Phizyn [80 Sylvari Guardian]
Leader of Protocol [PRO]

in WvW

Posted by: Vees.7816

Vees.7816

I’m in Ferg, and allllll they do is complain to each other on how unorganized we are and fight each other. People then say they are gunna switch servers and it’s really annoying. It just makes me go away from WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Let them leave, rebuild your community with guilds that want to fight. Kaineng and Devona’s rest never had that problem, you are a release day server so you have a lot of dead weight you got to get rid of before you can right your boat.

We fight as hard or harder on wednesday-thursday than we do on the weekend, regardless of the score.

Encourage the thin skinned guilds to leave your server, you will hurt in the short term but in the long term you are better for it.

Personally I will not welcome any guilds transfering from ferg to kaineng. I will treat them as outcasts.

Recognize them as the thin skinned cowards they are and seek the fight. Throw yourself into the chokepoint to halt an oncoming advance backed up by ballista fire. Make your enemies pay for every step they take.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Vees.7816

Thank you sir:)
haha that made me laugh a bit. We we’re even doing amazing for a bit! We had SM for the longest of time, even STILL had complainers.

in WvW

SpaceLord.4590

Vees,

I left a server i will not name because people would not do what Draygo suggested you do.

I was at AH where our orb was. We owned next to nothing else on the map. I am at the south outside gate with about 15 “team mates” including a person who purchased a commander icon (note I did not call them a commander). Invaders have about 30 beating on our wall, 1 catapult just outside AOE range hitting our door. No rams…

I stand in front of our portal in /s and ask multiple times for some to rush out with me and take the catapult out.

no response…no response..I assume they are ready as about 7 of them move to the door. I rush out make it to the catapult…take off about 10percent and die. Look around and I am the only one there.

Run back and ask what happened and get told that I was being stupid that we would just die…."by Mr. Commander Icon Purchaser

I laugh and run down to AH inner wall where I see in map chat that another commander tag purchaser is asking for help in taking Spirit…

My exact words in map chat were,"why would Spirit be a priority when we were less than 5 minutes from losing our 1 orb.

I was told to shutup that I was not a commander

We lost the Orb of course

Now dont get me wrong, I do not want to be a commander (not nearly smart enough and know this) but I knew it was time for me to look around a bit lol

Reliable commanders are a godsend and should be thanked whenever possible.

Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Fubuki.7162

Fubuki.7162

I had the same conversation about many people not to 80 yet…

What I don’t want to see, and I don’t speak for everyone on this server of course, is a void left behind should PRO move on to another server…

This post is on target for so many reasons. Your experiences parallel those on Kaineng quite a bit.

We’ve lost large guilds in the past (native guilds, 200+), and we’ve had other guilds pass through, some for as long as two weeks. We also seem to be a target server for guilds looking for a place to farm Karma. We had RMA show up. They were supposed to be here for a week, but stayed for two due to real life issues with their guild leader. War Machine came for less than 24 hours and had everyone all freaked out too.

Each week on Kaineng is something new. We’ve had a lot of other smaller guilds pass through as well. In my opinion, they can’t change the way free transfers work fast enough. I’d rather be the underdog indefinitely than deal with high turnover rates. It disrupts our sense of community.

I also hear what you’re saying about the level 80’s situation. It’s one of the reasons LaZy left our server. PVE on Kaineng is dead after level 60. Last night for instance, we had almost 70 people online in WAR, and the vast majority of them aren’t 80.

I have to say, I know Kaineng’s not doing as well on the scoreboard this week, but I’m personally ecstatic by how well we are doing. I’ve hopped out there a few times and heard people upset about the score, or saying we’ve lost our fighting spirit, but they’re doing better than they realize.

At least 6 guilds (including all of the Evermoor Alliance plus a couple others) are having little or no presence in WvW this week in an effort to help boost the PVE situation on the server and stop the revolving door. Knowing that RMA was leaving this week and that the Halloween content was coming, we figured this would be as good a time as any.

Our thinking was that if we can help boost the PVE experience on our server, people will tend to stay around longer when they transfer here. In the future we’re probably going to have a day or so each week where we dedicate to PVE.

Since the server reset on Friday, I’ve personally gotten two of my characters to 80 (about 55 levels total), visited some dungeons for the first time, and as an alliance we downed the Temple of Balthazar (a server first I’m told), the Cathedral of Eternal Radiance, and opened access to Arah. Several of our members jumped up about 20+ levels this weekend, we got some fresh 80’s in our guild and on iSPY, and now we’re all stuffing our face on candy corn and riding around on brooms.

You talk about what next week will be like for DR. All I can say is just roll with it. That’s life at the bottom. It makes things interesting though not always in a good way.

I’m personally very excited to hear PRO isn’t leaving. I can’t wait to get out there with the guys and see how we stack up. I’ve got a growing collection of footprints on my back from the few times I’ve hopped out there over the last couple of days, and I’m quite convinced some of you guys are wearing high heels.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Ender.3508

Ender.3508

Hello everyone!
Leader of the guild PRO here…(Phizyn)

I just wanted to make clear that PRO has moved from Gates of Madness to Devonas Rest and we are not moving. Moving servers takes awhile for larger guilds and its rather annoying to move them all to be honest…

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks for the warm welcomes and hope we can just give you that extra boost in WvW.

-Phizyn

You guys are MORE than welcome especially with this awesome attitude. I looke forward to more coordination and cross chatter with you.

And @Fubuki:
Regardless of score you guys always put up a strong fight. I hope we stay in the same bracket the matches have been amazing these past weeks.

@Ferg
You guys are awesome too, still a strong powerhouse. Get your guilds together, all on the same page and I’ve no doubt you will continue to stomp some of us the way you have many times this week already.

Kretna 80 Elementalist
ex – The Midnight Syndicate [Dark]
Maguuma

(edited by Ender.3508)

in WvW

Posted by: Cimmric.7623

Cimmric.7623

Honorable Spacelord,
“I rush out make it to the catapult…take off about 10percent and die. Look around and I am the only one there.”

I think I was one of the Kainer’s that was defending the Catapult when you rushed it. I may have another player in mind there has been alot of hard fighting today, but either way, I remember thinking “You beautiful brave fool!” That is the kind of Warrior we want on Kaineng and Devona’s.
I salute your efforts and if I read your post right your thinking of moving to a new server, may I recommend Kaineng. Your self-less “all for the team” attutude will fit right in with us.

Join the rest of us Barbarians at the gates!

Score Update as of 4:58 Central 10/23/2012

Attachments:

Kaineng for the win…
Proud member of CNB

in WvW

Vees.7816

Ferg is bipolar:P one day we’ll be capping everything, next day we will lose it all and blame each other…

in WvW

Sirenic.4275

PRO took over ferbs garrison where the orb was.

But it is once again.. bugged… why always with ferg and in that garrison?

Just curious.

Leader of Protocol [PRO]

in WvW

Posted by: Asquared.4091

Asquared.4091

More and more it seems like the bottom of WvW is the best place to be. Grats to Devona for rallying this week and giving Kaineng and Fergs all we can handle. Its going to be a shame when one of us has to move up a level (although I wouldn’t mind seeing what the new and improved Kaineng or DR can do against the likes of Borlis Pass).

[RAGE]

in WvW

SpaceLord.4590

Cimmric,

No sir, from what I have seen of Kaineng I would not have been alone in my charge It was actually on one of those higher bracket servers. Thats when I moved down this week to DR.

You guys at Kain have it together too, “Well except for that weird naked dancing guy” ya’ll have to do something about that lol

Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Balidore.2790

Balidore.2790

@Sirenic
When we took that orb, your guys keep lord was bugged too. Not sure why tbh. We ended up having to take the orb, and leave the keep, lol. He had that same invincibility buff that you get when players are standing at the spawn for some reason.

Yeah, server hopping kinda ruins the point of winning atm, and that’s bad, but not pathetic. Know what is truly pathetic though? When a guild that has more wvw numbers than all 3 servers combined, come in to that wvw match up, claim it’s some sort of even fight, then, on top of that, even team up with another server, to fight one they already outnumber by 2-3 times. That’s the only pathetic thing I’ve seen.

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Siege.4280

Siege.4280

I’m a Officer in [RED] on DR, And Commander. And I know we didnt have freg’s attacking us on EB, But the kainend put up a good fight. Just wanted to say great job from everyone that came and helped us out.

But guys we really need to defend what take. We lost the whole map in less time than it took to fight for it. Just because we all left.

We could have defended that for a long time.

Anyways was allot of fun.

Attachments:

Lead Officer Pieg [RED]
Commander Pieg [RED]
Loyal Devona’s Rest Member

(edited by Siege.4280)

in WvW

Posted by: Thiole.6517

Thiole.6517

This is more like it, your map was somewhat biased

Attachments:

in WvW

Sirenic.4275

^ Don’t be too … uptight there Thiole, from ferg.

PRO and others took back whats rightfully ours in Devonas, nice defense.. but you can’t handle the all mighty Devonas!

Leader of Protocol [PRO]

in WvW

Posted by: lcc.9374

lcc.9374

Well congrats first on DR for taking the lead
You guys somehow got a lot stronger this week compared to last

Last week we at K were fighting FCs all the time but this week our biggest enemy is DR
We would be doing our best to deny you of the win

From random Kaineng person

Oh and where are all the Ferguson people? There were “a lot” of you guys during weekends lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Rhett.9360

Lord Rhett.9360

Regardless of how many guilds transfer off, SUNz will still be the thorn in the side of anyone who crosses Devona’s Rest.

My Little Dolyak: Supply is Magic

in WvW

Posted by: Sue.4361

Sue.4361

I have been having a blast since I transferred to DR from SoR last week. The battles are much smaller but I have had a lot of fun fights, with and without groups. Soloing has been a ton of fun.

My name is Sue! How do you do? Now you’re gonna die!

in WvW

Posted by: Irate Platypus.9318

Irate Platypus.9318

Ferguson’s Crossing is like a virus. There’s not a lot of central planning, but if a few of us end up in the same place at the same time we start multiplying exponentially until we’ve run our course and start dying off. I feel bad for anyone trying to spy on us — if you get any good information, please let the rest of us know too.

Incidentally, we’re on track to have three different winners out of the last three times this matchup has happened. That’s like a pvp holy grail. Hope it stays this way.

Wuze
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Vees.7816

Ferg doesn’t listen half the time. And it’s only in the EB where people get mad at each other, which is the worst place to do it when it’s really a WvWvW. They keep trying to take SM with small zeros. Yeah once we get going, we don’t stop. But it takes a lot for us to get going. They just won’t listen half the time

in WvW

Lord Rhett.9360

Ferg does really well up until the part where DR goes and re-captures everything and then some.

in WvW

Posted by: NealCaffrey.6450

NealCaffrey.6450

Tonight was a ton of fun for the evermoor alliance! Played for about 6 hours straight tonight starting off with Ferg’s BL and then reinforcing ours after. A little bit later, we hopped into Eternal Battlegrounds and had a lot of fun fights with Devona’s across the night. Capped Stonemist and began pushing North and West and I think currently attempting to hold SM which should have reinforced gates soon

Looking forward to more fun fights later this week!

Attachments:

Commander Rañger Dañger
Leader of Cryptic Gaze[iSpy]
Evermoor Alliance (iSpy, JAWA, WAR) – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Ender.3508

A lovely defense at Hills today by my group and a few who showed up a bit late. Gotta admit Kain, you guys had us worried when you set up 2 trebs to bomb the gate. Felt kitten good dropping those and proceeding to siege bluelake with my own treb.

You guys have a never say die fight about you. Even when turned away, you regroup and power back through. Good show guys.

Attachments:

Kretna 80 Elementalist
Maguuma

(edited by Ender.3508)

in WvW

Vees.7816

Ferg does really well up until the part where DR goes and re-captures everything and then some.

It has literally been even for quite some time

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

I have to admit the commanders on FC are kind of kitten . Besides Alpha Bladie there aren’t any competent commanders at all, they just lead mindless zergs.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Lord Rhett.9360

It has literally been even for quite some time

That’s a matter of opinion.

in WvW

Vees.7816

Uh no. Idk what it is now, but the chart was literally even.

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

I’m kind of curious. GoM still needs a lot of help, given their recent pleas at an Alliance. Why did PRO move to this tier?

in WvW

SpaceLord.4590

With the class that PRO has shown so far, I doubt they would air any issues on a public forum against their old server.

I have not seen any of them say anything other than They moved and plan on staying.

Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Scorpio Shirica.1286

Oh, I would not expect and drama to be brought up here. Was just curious if it was to… avoid queue times, help an even bigger underdog… or any other light and positive reason.

in WvW

Ender.3508

I’m kind of curious. GoM still needs a lot of help, given their recent pleas at an Alliance. Why did PRO move to this tier?

Right now the bottom tier is full of competition, good spirits, no/low queues, community, and an increase in server wide coordination. Who wouldn’t want to be here?

Kretna 80 Elementalist
Maguuma

in WvW

SpaceLord.4590

Understood, sorry did not at all mean to imply you were wrong in asking or that you were digging for drama. Not my intention at all, but I can see where it sounded that way.

Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Scorpio Shirica.1286

Yeah, I don’t have a lot of in-game time due to work constraints. (NA primetime for retail season) So, I am often combing the forums. If I didn’t love Tarnished Coast so much and RPing in general, then I might have moved to the lowest bracket. It really does seem the communities at the bottom are really of a higher grade. I see a lot less complaining and a lot more simply having fun, despite any scoreboard.

in WvW

SpaceLord.4590

Scorpio,

I have only been here 3 days but it really is a different vibe.

I stood in red briar last night as a DR player watching the other 2 servers (Ferg and Kain) fight outside our walls. Me and another person were /cheering the whole time as they fought.

In this matchup Kaineing won. The remaining 6 or so Kain invaders walked up to our walls as we were still cheering, bowed….

Took about 10 steps back and then attacked us. LOL it was awesome.

Devona’s Rest

(edited by SpaceLord.4590)

in WvW

Sirenic.4275

Hello! Leader of PRO here (Phizyn)

Just wanted to shed some light on why we left Gates of Madness.

For 2 weeks GoM was getting slammed, nothing above 30k points and it was just brutal. All the bigger guilds left and we tried to stay behind to give it one last shot, GoM was our home and for many others as well.. But GoM still failed to win. We just didnt have the numbers and a lot of people sPvP on that server. We have nothing wrong against GoM but I have a huge feeling Dr will face GoM shortly!

I’m sorry to those who were on GoM and felt a little upset we left… If you were me you would have done the same. You can’t have a large guild and have people demoralized the entire time, just doesn’t work that way.

I haven’t been on in the past 24 hours due to work, but I assume DR is still in the lead (not being a dink in trying to say that)
As to one of the ferg commanders thiole… Whispering me and trolling me saying you stole our undefended orb while PRO was in another BL isnt cool at all… But I guess you stopped whispering me back when I told you “orbs don’t mean nothing right now, press b and look at the score, see you next week”

Anyways, I’m glad PRO has made a big impact on the server, hopefully in two weeks time we move up a tier but hopefully the server gets a bit more communication. (So far it’s not too bad beside one commander I really hate … Chris I Levi or something like that) that guy doesn’t communicate with me or any other PRO what so ever.

Anyways take it easy and great job everyone this week!!

-Phizyn out.

Leader of Protocol [PRO]

(edited by Sirenic.4275)

in WvW

Posted by: darklarue.2051

darklarue.2051

<— Dark Sands from [iSpy] on Kaineng

Between Ferg / Dev / and Kain

Pro is making a positive impact on the gameplay, last night things were going back and forth between all three factions the entire night making WvW even more exciting than usual.

I’m glad Pro came to Devona’s, and hope they stay.

in WvW

Lord Rhett.9360

I hope they stay, as well. We’re finally not trailing by a huge amount of points.

I don’t really care about winning, honestly. It’s just nice to not be dead last.

in WvW

Posted by: Nabarue.3290

Nabarue.3290

Hey Phizyn, just wanted to add a few observations to your post.

PRO coming to DR was a blessing. For the first time since our creation, we get to taste victory. While your guild alone did not do this, it gave the rest of us the necessary push we needed (in manpower AND morale). I enjoy the numerous victories we have been pulling off this week.

However, there are concerns. My first experience with one of your commanders was less than stellar. Jokingly, he asked me to give a gift to “my master.” Upon telling him that I’m but a poor Engineer, I was pushed off and ridiculed as being a mere peasant. Things like this rarely bother me, but more than anything, it boggled me. For weeks I had been leading people in our server, working hard. I am certainly not new to WvW, or the game in general, yet the commander and some of his other comrades wrote me off as a mere n00b. While I thought this was just a passing thing, I noticed that not just Chris Ivey (thats the name you were looking for lol), but other Commanders who had led our server (before you guys even appeared), were being belittled and made out to be less than capable.

I’m not saying this to attack PRO, I appreciate your efforts and what you’ve brought to Devona’s, but I’ve noticed that while your guild has helped bring about many victories, it’s shaken up the WvW community we had established before you guys even arrived. I am sure a lot of this is just the normal dealings that happen when something new is introduced into a community, but just be vigilant that the “we’re the saviors of your server, so listen to our every word” thing doesn’t go to your heads (I literally heard a PRO member say this the other day lol). With attitudes like that, I’d rather lose with grace than win without humility.

Again, it’s nice to have you and your guild along for this crazy ride. I just hope we can do away with the elitist attitudes I’ve been seeing, and all work together.

-Sprocket-

Sir Sprocket the Engi/ Kyoryu Silver the Ele
And my Alter-Ego- Kyoryu Gold, Mesmer, Thundering Hero, wielder of the Legendary Meteorlogicus!

in WvW

Sirenic.4275

@Nabarue.3290

Hello nabarue, first of all I apologize on behalf of PRO (Protocol). Its hard for me to control all the members and tell them to behave.. but we did have a talk in teamspeak the other day about talking kitten in map chat. We don’t want it to impact badly on PRO and we defiantly don’t want to come into your server and start thinking we are tough kitten.

When we first moved we weren’t expecting to have such an impact on the server.

The reason why some of these members think they are all that is because everyday in teamspeak I’ll tell them that we are getting positive feedback on the forums and some just take it way too far and think they are the king of everything.

I’ll be sure to talk to them again though.

Also who was the commander you had some concerns with?

Leader of Protocol [PRO]

in WvW

Posted by: Sajec.5302

Sajec.5302

PART 1:

I’ve been getting a LOT of whispers from folks on DR about WvW and joining PRO, etc. I’d like to explain a few things from my perspective, ie: not PRO’s perspective!

I hate PvE, ask anyone in PRO. I only do it when a guildee needs help then I’m happy to help for as long as needed. I log on, all i do is WvW. That being said I have quite a lot of experience on all the maps, but i “specialize” on Eternal. My opinion is its the hardest map to dominate, hence why i like it so much….i like a challenge. As of right now I’m not sure exactly what those players in WvW are aiming towards for the server as a whole. You want to rank up in the WvW ranks or just get exp/karma? I know exp is very nice in WvW, but that should never take precedence over map domination/control…as that is what pushes us up in rankings. Am I hardcore, yes….am i an elitist, no. I hate to lose, but as long as its a defeat with an honest attempt to win..but just wasnt in the cards, i’m perfectly fine with the loss as it was all fun for everyone involved.

When i go into a map I typically dont put up my Commander icon as I dont want to “take over” from another commander. But when i see a commander doing xp trains, i’ll flag up and start organizing for map control. If the majority of the folks on DR want us to rank up….you cant do it via zerging xp trains. Is there a time for zerging, yes. but taking something, not upgrading it, not defending it, and not building any siege on it to help defend…isnt the way to rank up. yes you’ll get xp/karma, but you’ll always lose. and if you havent noticed, servers that dont win or refuse to try to win = player transfers, which just pushes us farther down. Take a node, upgrade, set up siege…when its got reinforced gates…take another. slow progression = ranking up. I know this as I started out on JQ and HoD. So ive been in guilds and on servers that know how to dominate in WvW. (before you ask why i left those servers, it was because i had other friends on other servers who gamed when i did. but i did so love those 2-3 hour fights over a SUPPLY camp!)

I wont speak for PRO, nor other PRO commanders, but when im in a map, im there for map domination, or if we dont have the folks, to break the point bonus. After being on DR for a few days now I’ve noticed a LOT of very good players on DR, but the few commanders ive seen were zerg commanders. (note: ive only seen a few, and no i will not name names). Now what do i define as a zerg commander: someone who is running the map but leaving the map defenseless so thats everything taken is lost within 5-10 mins later. Some commanders have actually stated in chat “im here for xp/karma/drops/money”. Now im ok with that….but, i would ask if your in there for that by all means go for it. Your game, you play how u want. I would only ask you DONT put up your commander’s icon. Icon = moths to flame! Map domination is easily derailed when someone comes in and just wants to run the map to lose it minutes later.

Commanders title doesnt equate to “we got lots of gold”….please please please please…every node we own you pass, CHECK UPGRADE STATUS!!!! I upgrade everywhere i go. Other day after we took Eternal i ran the map for about an hour clicking upgrades. Cant remember the warrior that was with me, he kept dropping banners to help speed running around the map and he gave me 1g at the end. awesome help there and thanks! (he was a charr warrior, think his named started with Choco something, sorry i cant remember exactly)

DR has limited offshift WvWrs, but we got an awesome prime time group. what does this mean? we can take the maps, upgrade them, but lose them all at night. I play mainly at night and i see more than enough folks to ensure we lose nothing, or at the very least make it kitten tuff to take anything. but more often than not they’re being led by zerg commanders. (prob 20 of us held OL for the majority of nights, as it was fully upgraded and full supplies, against around 60 folks from Kains…it can be done)

continued….

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Sajec.5302)

in WvW

Posted by: Sajec.5302

Sajec.5302

Part 2 continued…

PRO brings 8 very good commanders to DR, we (DR) have the numbers and skilled players to dominate. We just need to focus on map control, minimizing point bonuses for the other servers when we dont have the numbers, and ensuring nothing is taken without a fight.

For those players/commanders i may have PO’d on a map…my apologies. in the heat of the fight i do get wound up when we’re losing major nodes that are fully upgraded and we have half the team off chasing xp. Its a letdown for the prime time shift that took it and spent all the time and gold to upgrade/set up siege on it. Is back capping important, yes, but there’s a time for it.

Lastly, tip to rank advancement: We dont need to control 4 maps. Controlling our BL and Eternal = 34 nodes we would control. even if another server dominated the last 2 borderlands, that’s only 26 nodes. that strat is a guaranteed win EVERY week! So, max participation on our borderlands and eternal should be our main focus until we have them dominated. after that, other maps are fair game. but those 2 maps should be our primary focus, even if defending those means we lose one of the other server’s borderlands.
Well, i’m sure you’re tired of reading =)

Dred
PS "i touched maself and it burns!)

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood