10/19: Kain/Ferg/Devona

in WvW

Posted by: Shananigans.8412

Shananigans.8412

Prime time tonight, iSpy and a few from the evermoor alliance strike again hahahahahaha

Attachments:

Shananigans- Team Absolute Legends
[Ark]-Ele

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

Actually, if you knew DR’s history, you’d know it wasn’t a WvW problem per se, it was a population problem and the fact that most of our players are “primetime” players. DR hit the bottom of the WvW realm because of a crushing numbers game played well by the Kaineng server. If their Asian guild had stayed in numbers I do believe that this week’s score would have been more of a struggle between DR with the influx of PRO and Kaineng with that huge guild that left before this match up.

There are crappy commanders on DR, everyone knows it. But, there are crappy commanders everywhere. There’s a huge egotistical battle going on here on these forums now that “commanders” are starting to hash out their differences. Abuses set aside (because a lot of people are doing it whether they admit to it or not), not knowing a server’s full history before spouting off guesses of the reasons “why” and “why not” a server has done or has not done isn’t going to cut it. There is an elitist atmosphere cropping up with these headbutting bouts between the guilds/commanders/and otherwise. The people of DR have always fought on whether being dead last or even in their moments of complaining. “We” complain a lot, but yet you see us out there taking a beating every day/night and doing it in full circle all over again.

Now I read the rest of the statement after this sentence “PRO is the sole reason this server turned around and won this week. (statement of fact, not just because im in PRO)”. In my personal opinion it would have been better to state that with the addition to PRO to the DR population it boosted our numbers in order to gain a win over a losing status, instead of going “Hey we’re the reason you won this week”. I don’t care how many times you reword this sentence or try to defend your stance on it….you just said that without PRO, DR would never had won anything.

The power of one’s words carry over into the population. Truly could have said it in a much better way with tact, then being a dink about it.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Asquared.4091

Asquared.4091

@Splintrr

lol I was there for a little while. Our siege of Ferg’s keep in EB stalled hard and then Devona came in the back side. We were actually forced to defend Ferg’s keep for them for a little while to keep from getting sandwiched. Good times.

[RAGE]

in WvW

Posted by: Ender.3508

Ender.3508

Sigh, Dred just when I was defending you in private messages. You’re a cool guy, a great player, a good commander. You point out the flaws many of our commanders have and as a DR native I respect you for that.

But this post was so incredibly self-serving and disingenuous to those who were here before. Would we have done this well this week without you guys, no. I really don’t think so, would we have done this well eventually without you guys, yeah. From you guy’s perspective, you couldn’t have seen all the changes that were taking place before you got here. I don’t want to discredit you or anything, but if anything got us stirred up to fight it was Kainengs come-from-behind win last week.

You know Kaputz yeah? He was reaching out to all WvW’ers on DR for nearly a week before PRO arrived. Many major guilds here have done some serious restructuring and collaboration that has nothing to do with PRO, and again I don’t say that to be a d*ck, it’s just true.

Frankly, I love having you guys here, I don’t like the conflict. I don’t like that the forum trashtalk has become a little less friendly. And while I’d like to win, I don’t like that it has become about ‘winning’.

Just my .02

Kretna 80 Elementalist
ex – The Midnight Syndicate [Dark]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: bladie.5084

bladie.5084

Nice fights tonight ferg, it seems like you only have 1 massive zerg though to move from borderlands to borderlands (I could be wrong though, so don’t quote me on that), I noticed as soon as I left FERG to help out Devonas, you must have went from devonas to ferg at the same time to take back that orb, lol.

I left though after so I’m unsure if you got the orb or not… Anyways, good fights.

nope. we had 2 small zergs and 1 commander. The commander was going back and forth and we took our orb back and Devona’s Orb as well. And you should really have a guild meeting, not trolling but people are posting stuff about your guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Splintrr.7391

Splintrr.7391

(Kaineng is defending Fergs keep from DR)

meanwhile, at the inner gate…

Attachments:

Feralblood(Guardian) Splintrr(Ranger)
Warsworn [WAR], Dragonbrand
Evermoor Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Sirenic.4275

Sirenic.4275

Just remember everyone…
What dred said was under his own perspective not under PRO’s.z

I myself and many others in PRO believe we just gae you an extra population boost, an extra 100+ players in WvW makes a huge difference on any low populated server.

-Phizyn [80 Sylvari Guardian]
Leader of Protocol [PRO]

in WvW

Posted by: Sajec.5302

Sajec.5302

@ those who commented on my post please read past the one statement that riled you up.

" Did we do it alone, heck no! we had awesome teamwork with GASM/RED/FWAE, and quite a few others i cant remember! WE did it as a team, just PRO provided the focus that was needed at a critical time. PRO “watered the grass” and we as a sever took off like a rocket! Kudos to EVERYONE that was there to make it happen as it was a TEAM effort by ALL, not just one guild. "

btw: i did do some research on DR, as Phiz was moving us here i wanted to know a bit about the server. You did take a population hit true, but the WvW population didnt change that drastically. Did i know you all were trying to coordinate, no..wasnt on the server and didnt read much about it in the forums i browsed through. Great though!

My statement was simply what it says, not what you’re trying to make it mean: PRO provided something DR needed at a critical time…that enabled the server to come together quite fast and just own! As i said our win this week was a TEAM effort by ALL and DR did it.

Dred
ps: still hurts when i pee =(

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Sajec.5302

@bladie.5084

[/quote]nope. we had 2 small zergs and 1 commander. The commander was going back and forth and we took our orb back and Devona’s Orb as well. And you should really have a guild meeting, not trolling but people are posting stuff about your guild.[/quote]

I was there….bay south gate had easy 40 folks and north gate had another 15-20….DR had maybe 20 folks on the map. Very tuff to take a paper gate Bay with those numbers. But i do thank you for the kudos you give our server as it seems even with those numbers you still feel the need to field 3-4 omega golems to drop paper gates. Does DR instill that much fear on your server?? How come we never see you try those tactics during prime time? Oh i remember, u did once that i can recall. think there was bout 4 omega golems got owned at the lake side near your spawn. But heck, if the best u can do is control maps when there is little to no defense…yay for you and gratz on the confidence boost you get from it!

Dred
ps: what do you call a Ferg keep defended by around 20-25 folks when 10 DR show up? Ferg bailing out the back when the gates at 50%. thanks for the easy cap, but id prefer the 20-25 loot bags maself.

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Sajec.5302)

in WvW

Sajec.5302

@Ender.3508

Please remember, based my post on stats i could find and forum threads. Could my perspective be flawed, of course, and i’ll readily admit it. Just made comments based on what i was able to look up and find. And just so you know, my son is mad at me because for the past week I’ve bounced his poor engineer all over several EU servers, trying to find guild(s) willing to transfer here to give our offshift some boosting. Just like many others, im doing more than just fighting in WvW, ive also been trying to get our server what it needs and fill those gaps i think need to be plugged.

Oh and thanks for the comments on me.

Dred
ps: James you cant have my $$$

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

bladie.5084

@bladie.5084

nope. we had 2 small zergs and 1 commander. The commander was going back and forth and we took our orb back and Devona’s Orb as well. And you should really have a guild meeting, not trolling but people are posting stuff about your guild.[/quote]

I was there….bay south gate had easy 40 folks and north gate had another 15-20….DR had maybe 20 folks on the map. Very tuff to take a paper gate Bay with those numbers. But i do thank you for the kudos you give our server as it seems even with those numbers you still feel the need to field 3-4 omega golems to drop paper gates. Does DR instill that much fear on your server?? How come we never see you try those tactics during prime time? Oh i remember, u did once that i can recall. think there was bout 4 omega golems got owned at the lake side near your spawn. But heck, if the best u can do is control maps when there is little to no defense…yay for you and gratz on the confidence boost you get from it!

Dred
ps: what do you call a Ferg keep defended by around 20-25 folks when 10 DR show up? Ferg bailing out the back when the gates at 50%. thanks for the easy cap, but id prefer the 20-25 loot bags maself.[/quote]

Lol you’re very blind. Did you also remember when you were in our inner garrison with a zerg of 35+ and 5 ppl in there with 4ish ballistas downed every single one of you? Well, I was there! I did remember your zerg outnumbered our zerg 2 to 1 yet we were able to get our territory back. Maybe the commander left, maybe he didn’t. But the fact that you had more people is still sad. Regarding with the 3 omega golems, they were already half HP when we got took over DR’s orb. Some of the zerg only went there because people were requesting for assistance since it’d be a waste of those golems. Stop talking about Golems cuz I was there when DR had their omegas, I was there when SoS took over everything with their Omegas. And i was certainly there when we stopped many DR from using their golems (at supply camps).

Three Omega Golems at half HP took over your empty garrison while you had a 40 zerg in Ferguson’s Crossing. While your garrison had NO weapon seiges and our garrison, my guildmates were building carts, cata, and ballistas. No matter how efficient golems are for breaking gates, they are kinda.. slow and pretty squishy. This is the difference betweeen a Ferg Commander and you. Stop implying that ferg players are bad when each side has their share of failing.
Btw you make your guild look bad. Apparently DR is jealous of PRO.

(edited by bladie.5084)

in WvW

Sajec.5302

@bladie.5084

Thanks for making my nights fun, you’re keeping me laughing.

- far as the Bay takeover…not sure where you went to school, but retake your math class. I was there, i was the only one to run over to where Ferg had set up a ballista and treb at the Bay’s south gate. What did i find? like i said easy 30ish back defending the treb (vs 20ish who wasnt attacking it). your other 10-15 folks at the south gate were keeping a few of DR folks busy.
- as to the 5 folks/4 ballista pwning a DR zerg of 35+ at inner garrison. well mate that just proves to everyone how weak your lies really are. ballista do not have the rate of fire to keep out 35+ folks. so if they rushed as soon as the inner gate when down, could you have killed a few…yes. could you have held out…no, because the rate of fire is too slow. one good round MAYBE 2 then the zerg would have been all over you. but heck, if that kind of imagination helps you fee like you did something…go for it mate!
- if the omegas that left your spawn that i was there and we ripped them to shreds were at “half health”..you so need to get new drivers! Cuz last time i checked, there’s nothing leaving spawn that will damage an omega. Well there are those npcs. But mate i pray you’re not telling me your omegas and zerg got owned running from your spawn to the lake by NPCs trash!
- “Btw you make your guild look bad. Apparently DR is jealous of PRO.” lol..anytime a guild transfers into a server, always will be a bit of ruffling of feathers, but that passes quickly. But even with the minor, albeit funny sometimes, comments DR folks have made to other DR folks…fact is: Ferg can ONLY take control of map areas on offshift. You’ve shown it all week.

Now before you go crying in the forums again…if you think I’m wrong..bring it tomorrow primetime before reset. I’ll be there happy as can be to play with you and show you DR isnt one to be messed with. Heck, bring your puny omegas if you want…jst um, let me know ahead of time and I’ll clear those npcs for you solo ok?

DR on Sat: last place 22K points behind leader.
DR on Monday: 5K in the lead…never lost lead even with 2 offshift zergs controlling the maps and both Kain/Ferg slamming into us all week. (I did notice that very rarely all week did Kain go into Ferg’s BL)

Now, talk what you want, claim what you want…but the stats dont lie. You got owned…deal with it. Learn from it…bring a better game next week.

@Kain: You could have very easily held 2nd place this week. Your mistake was always focusing on DR instead of minimizing Fergs point bonus. But it looks like you may drop to last place again =( Just a tip: if you cant beat em, beat the ones you can. You have a good prime time group and a great offshift one….EASILY could have crushed Ferg’s point lead that they get on the offshift, but you kept hitting DR for some reason.

Dred
PS: weeeee for PvPeeeeeeee

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Sirenic.4275

Agreed with dred kain.

Instead of working with ferg to try to drop us,
You could have went against them to drop their points FOR you….but that didnt happen.

Leader of Protocol [PRO]

in WvW

Sajec.5302

PHIZ!!

If u can read/post in the forums u can come WvW with me! lol

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

bladie.5084

Nope I have mutual respect for PRO and i dont know anything about PRO. All i said was that if DRs are posting some bad stuff about you guys, maybe you’re doing something wrong. Haters will hate, yes but when they seem like they have a reasonable reason why they dislike some PRO’s in specific and then you have someone like Dred posting, “I think the reason why we’re not loved is because people are jealous of us.” Totally his opinion, but someone stated that he is a commander and him making ridiculous assumptions is insulting to some DR players. I’m FC and I have nothing against PRO, this is strictly my unbiased opinioin. If i was to ever move my guild to a lower population server, i wouldnt be making the shot calls or boss people around. I’d humble myself and my guild to serve the server to gain respect like that. How would you like it if you’re restaurant was going out of business, then some bigger smarter supervisors came in and starting ordering you around. You may be winning now but it’s destroying the DR Unity.

in WvW

Sirenic.4275

Lol I’m laying in bed bro.

I was just checking the forums one last time before shut eye.

Also on note back to kain/ferg. I mostly stayed out of ferg BL due to their glitched orb. That was annoying

@bladie

They’ll get over it (some people)

Leader of Protocol [PRO]

in WvW

Sajec.5302

Nite Phiz,
Tell your wife i’ll see her tomorrow when you go to work.

bwahahahahah weeeeeee

(yes, ive been drinking!)

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Splintrr.7391

Splintrr.7391

In case you guys took me seriously, Kaineng has never worked together with ferg OR ANY OTHER SERVER EVER. I’ve been here from Day 1, so trust me

I was trying to be funny, but if you haven’t been in our bracket for more than a week I guess it isn’t funny

It’s purely coincidental if it looks like 2 teams are working together, those pics were just a one time occurrence when we are making no headway on inner gate, we see DR on the outer gate not aware we took the water gate down…so we all run to defend the gate for fun, LOL.

PS: DR has also never worked together with ferg/borlis/nsp/green team either. Fact: Our bracket has been server-alliance free since launch

Feralblood(Guardian) Splintrr(Ranger)
Warsworn [WAR], Dragonbrand
Evermoor Alliance

in WvW

Sajec.5302

@bladie

If you’re going to quote me, please quote what i say in my words, not words you put together.

You stated i said:
“I think the reason why we’re not loved is because people are jealous of us.”

what i actually said: (please read beyond the … )
"Now what caused all the frustration? I believe it was simply jealousy…not someone or some guild upset with PRO. but that PRO commanders came in and started to apply strategies in WvW that worked and everyone jumped on board and worked as a team. It’s not about elitist and crap, it appears to be simply “i was commanding before you came and now nobody wants to listen to me”.

And if you failed to understand what i said let me explain:
I, not PRO, think that some folks on DR got upset when PRO commanders joined WvW and started pulling folks together and started making progress. That in and of itself wasnt the problem, i think it was that players that followed some commanders before jumped ship and started following PRO commanders as we were apply strats that was pushing us into 1st place. Some folks took an ego hit and didnt like it. Some PRO commanders also called out other commanders on issues like xp trains when were losing major keeps/towers. That mean PRO commanders are better than DR existing commanders, heck no! Just different approach to WvW and different objectives.

Me, i want the server im on in WvW #1 spot…period. Settle for nothing less! That mean my strats are better than yours? Heck no! If yours are better I’m more than happy to follow and not lead, like i do when I’m in borderlands as i dont know those maps much. But if i can see strats that are getting us nowhere, like xp train zergs that upgrade/defend nothing, yes I will flag up Commander and start pulling folks to me. Map domination is my goal, not capping a few places, lose them 5 minutes later, recapping, lose again..etc.

Now could my post have used a bit more tact, probably. But ive never been one to be known for tact, ive always stated what i see and how i see it. I’d just hope folks would read and understand WHAT i say and not HOW i say it.

And anyone on DR I may have upset or offended: i do apologize as that was NOT my intent.

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Sajec.5302)

in WvW

Sajec.5302

@Splintrr

I laughed =)

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

bladie.5084

Sigh, Dred just when I was defending you in private messages. You’re a cool guy, a great player, a good commander. You point out the flaws many of our commanders have and as a DR native I respect you for that.

But this post was so incredibly self-serving and disingenuous to those who were here before. Would we have done this well this week without you guys, no. I really don’t think so, would we have done this well eventually without you guys, yeah. From you guy’s perspective, you couldn’t have seen all the changes that were taking place before you got here. I don’t want to discredit you or anything, but if anything got us stirred up to fight it was Kainengs come-from-behind win last week.

You know Kaputz yeah? He was reaching out to all WvW’ers on DR for nearly a week before PRO arrived. Many major guilds here have done some serious restructuring and collaboration that has nothing to do with PRO, and again I don’t say that to be a d*ck, it’s just true.

Frankly, I love having you guys here, I don’t like the conflict. I don’t like that the forum trashtalk has become a little less friendly. And while I’d like to win, I don’t like that it has become about ‘winning’.

Just my .02

To Dred:

When someone openly admits they have respect for you but after reading your post becomes iffy, does that give you a hint that you’re maybe saying something wrong? I believe you. I believe you probably are giving other commanders hints and tips on how to improve. But after summarizing and judging you from your recent posts, im not sure if you’re giving people advise correctly. To me, it’s just straight up disrespect when another commander comes in and turns his on while the other commander is leading. It creates drama and internal affairs. If you hadd issues with commanders, simply say what you had to say and listen what they have to say. If you guys don’t agree then simply move on to another BL without a Commander signal and then turn yours on. And I’d really appreciate it if you’d stop calling me a liar without any evidence. You stated some fail situations from my server, and so i did it back to you. You indirectly implied that we failed for having 3 omega golems, and so i posted right back saying that i’ve seen DR and Kaineng done it before too. You seem like a cool guy, but you’re rubbing ppl the wrong way.

Why is it that PRO is having so much complication with DR to the fact that everyone can see it on the forums. Why is it that the Evermoor was so loved and welcomed into Kaineng server? Fighting DR and Kaineng for weeks now and all i can say is that the Evermoor Alliance has a completely different vibe. It’s more positive and optimistic. I’m not in Kaineng but it seems like they are happily wvwving with each and are learning from each other.

(edited by bladie.5084)

in WvW

Sajec.5302

@bladie

I get what you’re saying, hence why i stated i’ve never had much tact…lol, and to read WHAT im saying and not HOW im saying it. (hope that makes sense). And just so you know, when i enter a map my icon is always off. i turn it on only if their is a need for a focal point. im in one right now where a solid group of folks is making progression, and no i dont have my icon up, they already have a great leader, might not be a commander, but from what i’m looking at should be! If i enter a map with an existing commander, i typically dont flag up. If i do its because we are losing key areas of the map and the commander on the map is running an xp train zerg. or if that commander asks me for help.

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: BlackmagicKota.8724

BlackmagicKota.8724

Commander Kota the Strong here (my fellow Devonian’s may recognize me for leading in our own boarderlands often, as defense is my specialty. Fergs and Kiens may recognize the tag FWAE in zergs that tend to block you out of there, at least for a while lol) I just want to speak as an old member of DR. I for one am glad that PRO is here. Some of their members, as has already been said, have been a little… pridefull but they are on the whole a great group and a true asset for our server. I desided to make my voice heard after getting to about page 4 on this thread (I had only just resently learned that these forums existed for our specific battle lol) and saw several negative posts at Phizyn, PRO’s leader. Enough of it, especially you Chris for reasons that should be obvious, for christ’s sake we are Devona’s Rest! We were one of the greatest communities, all working together. I remember a time when just before PRO joined. Bay was falling to a huge Kien zerg. I rallied all of my guild and those whom would join me amd fought the enemie in the Lord’s Room. Thanks to the flank and more support that came pooring in Bay was saved. All due to the amazing amount of teamwork and detemination we showed (of course an update appeared moments later and when we came back the kein’s overwhelmed the few of us that returned T_T).
The point I’m trying to make, and I will shut-up after I say this i promise lol, is that we are a team. All PRO did was join our team. We should welcome our new teamates and try to work with them. They promise that DR can move up in the rankings, which if you havn’t noticed up is about the only direction we CAN go, I say we support and help them accomplsh this. My guild the Exemplar’s of Virtue, may be small. But we will fight tooth and nail alongside them to make it happen.

sorry about any spelling errors or other gramatical mistakes, its 4 am currently and im exhausted. Tomorrow will be full of WvW for me. I’m trying to get a meeting between us old leaders and the leaders of PRO to think of ways to further cooperate and address any issues that may exist. I hope to get us all together BEFORE the switch tomorrow.

Kota the Strong, Norn Warrior
Commander on Devona’s Rest
Exemplar’s of Virtue (FWAE)

(edited by BlackmagicKota.8724)

in WvW

Posted by: NealCaffrey.6450

NealCaffrey.6450

Well jeez that was alot of DR drama in a World vs World vs World thread. Seems like Devonas vs Devonas up in here! It must be hard to keep whatever enormous amount(400+?) of guildies PRO has in line and not having any of them step on toes. I can’t imagine it being possible when there will be plenty of people that think they’re hot kitten around town after making a massive difference simply due to increased numbers.

I have a strong feeling that this next week’s score will be different since the usual population of Kaineng will hop into WvW after finishing most of their halloween event stuff. cough Chaster cough

DR from what i can see at this time has only one critical gap in our WvW teams…our nightshift just cant defend against the 2 large zergs Kain and Ferg field…as that seems to be the only time they can take anything =). it’s not really hard to “dominate” when its 60 v 10-15…lol. But heck, let em have their ’we pwned DR.." moments! And before one of those 2 servers starts crying in the forums…i play both shifts…the prime time shifts are very well balanced across all 3 servers in population in WvW….fact is you both get OWNED by DR at prime time. its only the offshift where you 2 can do anything.

Also, what do you consider DR’s prime time? Kaineng has been decently solid in our own BL and capping Stonemist in EB last 3 nights around 7pm-12 EST when the Evermoor Alliance has been out.

Commander Rañger Dañger
Leader of Cryptic Gaze[iSpy]
Evermoor Alliance (iSpy, JAWA, WAR) – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Mr Girly Man.6893

Mr Girly Man.6893

Man, I don’t know about you guys, but I haven’t read any of these posts about PRO. Those posts are the very definition of tldr. If you guys want to talk about all your intra-server related guild stuff, please make a thread for it. I’ll even start one for you if you want.

in WvW

Sajec.5302

Just posting after recent push by Ferg in DR BL.

Just had to comment on what i saw from about 10 DR folks. I joined the map, no icon, and just ran around upgraded stuff that was ready and reading mapchat. Right off the bat i noticed everyone on the map was organized and communicating very well, with no commander i might add. Anywhose….along comes a 40+ zerg of Ferg. They took the bay pretty easy, paper gates, then went for our garrison and orb…also paper gates.

Well let me tell you! those 10 folks managed to hold the inner bay long enough for a couple others to get siege gear set up in key positions. Ferg hit water gate first…never got close to the gate! pushed back almost same time they exited the water..lol. They then circled to the east gate and tried to charge it. Again…pushed back like they got slammed by a equal or larger zerg! In the end the zerg was pushed clean away and back into the lake with narry a scratch on the garrison gates.

After the attack on the garrison someone asked if i was a commander and why i didnt icon up. I replied that when i joined there was already awesome communication and teamwork, an icon would have just disrupted what was already working and working well i might add. I’d only have icon’d up if i felt things were starting to get scattered and needed a bit of focus. but that lil group needed none of that!

Some folks I’d like to note:
Rich Jr — solid communication on mapchat
Arroran — awesome enemy movement updates, upgrade status updates
Sword Blades — saw him build least 5 siege by himself without once asking for help!
Walladin — all over the garrison keeping an eye out for flanking groups
Xandria Wolfkin — spent massive time and $$ on upgrades and kept everyone updated on progress
Arthanus Fellhammer: on target with engaging the enemy and slowing them down
Elllbeee — everywhere and into everything…lol
Eyanthina — i do NOT sell propane (hahahahah)
Halfpint Sapper — another that seemed to be all over the map and in all the right places when needed

I know i missed a few but mapchat scrolling too fast for me to catch all the names. Anyways i’d just like to say how impressed i was with a very small group of folks who had dang near perfect movement/coordination/communication vs a zerg 4+ their size. Not only did they hold them back at the Bay long enough to get the garrison ready, they fell back as a group and manned the siege in key places to push the zerg off not once but TWICE! Right now they got them pushed back to the Bay! Right now i think another 5-10 DR folks have joined, and Ferg’s lost everything but 2 sites. WOOT!

If DR had another 10-20 of folks like you on the offshift, we’d just rock the enemies!

Again….awesome awesome awesome! Whoever was leading that small group of folks you definitely need to be a commander! heck get with me, i’d be willing to donate towards it as you doing what was needed, when it was needed!

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Sajec.5302)

in WvW

Posted by: spif.7580

spif.7580

Should be interesting after these pve events are over.

—- Kaineng : Nuke → Saarc ---

in WvW

Posted by: Fubuki.7162

Fubuki.7162

For the record, Devona HAS won before. They just were not the week long ones.

I used to play on DR the first week the server was out, then transferred to Kaineng to try to help build the population up here. To my knowledge, DR has never won this bracket. They have beaten Kaineng in the past, in fact they dominated us all but the last 3 match-ups. But I don’t recall them ever beating Northern Shiverpeaks, Borlis Pass, or Fergs until this week. I don’t recall it ever even being close.

I might not be around later today so please allow me to be the first to congratulate Devona’s Rest on this week’s hard earned win. I’m genuinely excited to see you guys pull one out this week!

in WvW

Posted by: Sumwun.3846

Sumwun.3846

I think i see a pattern of what’s happened between PRO and a few other guilds/commanders/players.

- prior to PRO coming to DR the server fell rapidly to bottom rank. failed miserably in WvW. (just stating a fact, not ego boosting or anything. check the official ranking numbers)
- PRO transfered in, landed a solid team to motivate players to get organized and focus on the same objectives.
- Other commanders and/or guilds got ruffled and felt that PRO was “taking over” (as someone stated) and we were “bossing” folks around

Now lemme try to clarify something without point fingers and calling names. PRO is the sole reason this server turned around and won this week.

Did we do it alone, heck no! we had awesome teamwork

This is why people are jumping at you. You are misinformed and narrow sighted if you believe pro is the sole reason. I don’t think you actually believe this. I just think you are being a blow hard. The server population has been on the incline in WvW it was a matter of time before we saw improvement.

That being said, pro absolutely helped the server, sped things up and provided a massive push towards this weeks win. I look forward to seeing the pink hats sail off server next week and see how we all kick kitten together next week with a semi-settled population.

We are far from perfect, people. Both sides of this ridiculous pro / anti-pro crap that this thread has turned into need to figure out a way to work together. This means being willing to adapt, on both sides.

We have a win this week, can we not see that it’s not about a single alliance, Guild, or Commander and everyone played a part.

I have been lucky enough to miss all this drama, I got to see lots of great names move up this week and help push for a win. I’m excited.

Good Job DR, let’s try to avoid making an obnoxious video. It’s only the first of many wins to come. Get out there and congratulate your realm mates, they helped.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: SpaceLord.4590

SpaceLord.4590

I have had a blast this week!

Flagons of mead for all 3 servers. Can’t wait for the rematch next week.

Haaaa Key Puck (80) Norn Mesmer (80) Asura Engineer-Protocol [PRO]
Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Asquared.4091

Asquared.4091

I think this week was actually better for Kaineng than last week was. Winning was awesome, don’t get me wrong. But now hopefully the fair-weather players will go back to where they came from and we can get back to business.

I really can’t wait for round #3.

[RAGE]

in WvW

Sirenic.4275

I like what Kota said, we need to work together (DR) instead of arguing here on the forums, its pathetic and sad and this is the sole reason why PRO left GoM because the lack of communication between the guild members and their leaders, its really stupid and childish and it honestly needs to stop.

Anyways,

Great job everyone this week, too much fun!

Leader of Protocol [PRO]

(edited by Sirenic.4275)

in WvW

SpaceLord.4590

LOL last night my most memoriable Map chat statement was…

Phizyn behind you…

40 fergs…

My god what a zerg

Edit: No I am not calling Ferg a zerg server before any one gets upset. They just at that time had one huge zerg rolling around.

Devona’s Rest

(edited by SpaceLord.4590)

in WvW

Posted by: Khanswrath.1032

Khanswrath.1032

As a transplant from Crystal Desert the teamwork and WvWvW as whole has been the most fun for me since launch here on Devona’s. Both Ferg’s and Kaineng’s player base are fun fights. Nothing but respect for all three servers! Can’t wait for tonight’s reset and be sure to keep an eye out for me on the battlefield, I’ll be the pantless thief.

Khanswrath-80 Thief [ODN]
“Do not argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. "

in WvW

Posted by: Creslin.1758

Creslin.1758

@Drednyte

About the Dreaming Bay takeover last night, I just wanted to clear up some things…

I was there when the assault on DB began in earnest, and I was actually the one that put down that ballista and treb. I had to build the ballista compeltely alone, but I finally got some help to build the treb.

When we first started the siege, there really weren’t that many Ferg’s people there. And you guys definitely had a window of opportunity where you could have launched a sortie and took out our siege before we got it up. In fact, I was terrified that you guys would rush out and just decimate my little budding siege emplacements.

But by the time you guys launched a sortie both the ballista and treb were up, I had convinced more people to come to the siege, and someone else built and arrow cart so it was well defended. Also, you guys had a HUGE zerg just before I started putting up that siege and you just decimated a tower we took. But for some reason, the zerg seemed to disperse when we started the siege.

Anyway, it was a good night for Ferg’s, thanks to all for actually listening and coming to the keep when we needed you.

Magaera Enflanza (F Human D/D Ele)
[Envy], [Moon]

(edited by Creslin.1758)

in WvW

Ender.3508

@Dred

Rich Jr and Xandria Wolfkin are in the server TS from time to time. Those guys are grade A, ‘do work son’ types. Glad to see them getting recognition.

Kretna 80 Elementalist
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Creslin.1758

Creslin.1758

Since the match is coming to an end tonight, as a Ferg’s member I wanted to congratulate Devona’s on a good win. Good match all around, lots of fun. Honestly, I’m just happy that Ferg’s isn’t winning and then getting shafted with a server like Darkhaven for a week lol.

Also…since we’ll probably be matched up again (I hope), I just wanted to let iSpy and GASM know that [Moon] is coming for you. You iSpy guys remember when you tried to portal four people up to take out two players and a ballista up on a ridge and got decimated? Yeah that was us, expect more of that.

Magaera Enflanza (F Human D/D Ele)
[Envy], [Moon]

in WvW

Sirenic.4275

@spacelord – haha I remember that. I was actually waiting at the hills for that Zerg to come but became impatient and moved everyone over to the garrison cause we had mesmers waiting inside…
But as soon as I left they came at the right time and cut our group in half, killing half and leaving the others with me. When we came from behind there was nothing we could do about it but take down a catapult, which I’m still unsure if that went down or not.

Still fun as heck though, haha.

Leader of Protocol [PRO]

in WvW

ktith.6197

Definite lack of defense during the day. EH just taken on DRBL due to lack of defenders/spotters, and lack of anyone watching out. Kain ninja’d the south gate (not large X) then when the door was about down popped the rest of their peeps on the gate. Even with saying “yo EH is under attack” and putting down siege, only a few (3-5) showed up to try to assist. I put down 12 siege items, not including the siege that was still up on the south wall from overnight, and no one was there to man it.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

SpaceLord.4590

Phizyn,

Yeah I picked a bad time to stand on SH steps and change my bar skills. I died so fast I didnt even get a Downed state, it just popped a message saying.

“You got owned by the Fergs big ball of hate!”

Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Ender.3508

Yeah, that’s always rough ktith. We usually take ‘Hills spotting detail’ because its boring and no one else wants to do it, yet when defended south gate of hills is virtually impenetrable. It’s a glorious bloodbath for all invaders at the door when people actually defend.

Kretna 80 Elementalist
Maguuma

in WvW

ktith.6197

Sadly I had just logged on, noticed the X on the keep, and went over to check it out. Upon arrival I was the only one there. Apparently the M button it overrated. Someone was calling for a commander a bit ago and I said you don’t need one, do the DR thing, come together, have spotters, give enemy numbers, build siege in what you want to keep and make sure it’s manned. I’ve had like 5 hours of sleep, so I’m in a bleh state.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Sirenic.4275

Holy crap Kains, you might pass Fergs! Keep it up!

Wait,

You WILL pass Fergs, KEEP IT UP!

Leader of Protocol [PRO]

(edited by Sirenic.4275)

in WvW

Posted by: scooby treat.8420

scooby treat.8420

Ferg person here (and I don’t talk for the server just myself) and to be honest i’m really sick of both DR and Kain server so I hope one of you moves up. As a ferg when we were top we got moved and you know what we got our &%#! handed to us for a week. Moving up a bracket hurts especially when it was against DH (we lost alot of PvP players that week as well).

I was really hoping that Kain would have moved up with all their EGO last week but alas I was annoyed that you didn’t (I personally think you needed it but I think ANET wants to pamper you like a little fluffy kitten as their… precious). DR I really hope you move up this week also. A huge PvP guild moves to your server and your in 1st and you act like they had nothing to do with and everyones attitude seems to STINK including PRO’s. All your bashing and crying back and forth between each other i’m tired of hearing it on this post and tired of your puffed chested move up a bracket and get your !#%% handed to you.

I log in and see that Ferg has the outmanned buffs and Kain has taken everything but DR’s home map and DR is not even challenging them? Hmm who was crying yesterday about teams working together?? Anyhow whatever just one of you move up (i’m sure it would be DR as they look to win) so that I don’t have to listen to this junk you people are posting in a 3 way WvW post.

-FC- Cookie Snatchers [MINE]
Manyme usee -80 mesmer current main
80 War, Ele, Guar, Rang, thief. 55 engi 16 necro

in WvW

Posted by: NealCaffrey.6450

NealCaffrey.6450

Holy crap Kains, you might pass Fergs! Keep it up!

Wait,

You WILL pass Fergs, KEEP IT UP!

You see… this was all part of the plan. Take most of the week off for Halloween Event stuff and then another come from behind win(or at least 2nd place!). We’ll see if Kaineng can hold it throughout the day after SoS passes out.

Attachments:

Commander Rañger Dañger
Leader of Cryptic Gaze[iSpy]
Evermoor Alliance (iSpy, JAWA, WAR) – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Ender.3508

Relax, not everyone is puffing up their chest. The obnoxious voices are rising to the top quickly, the same thing happened to Kain last week. But there are many of us on that love both Kain and Ferg. I personally respect both of you, keep fighting.

Kretna 80 Elementalist
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Sumwun.3846

Sumwun.3846

Ferg person here (and I don’t talk for the server just myself) and to be honest i’m really sick of both DR and Kain server so I hope one of you moves up. As a ferg when we were top we got moved and you know what we got our &%#! handed to us for a week. Moving up a bracket hurts especially when it was against DH (we lost alot of PvP players that week as well).

I was really hoping that Kain would have moved up with all their EGO last week but alas I was annoyed that you didn’t (I personally think you needed it but I think ANET wants to pamper you like a little fluffy kitten as their… precious). DR I really hope you move up this week also. A huge PvP guild moves to your server and your in 1st and you act like they had nothing to do with and everyones attitude seems to STINK including PRO’s. All your bashing and crying back and forth between each other i’m tired of hearing it on this post and tired of your puffed chested move up a bracket and get your !#%% handed to you.

I log in and see that Ferg has the outmanned buffs and Kain has taken everything but DR’s home map and DR is not even challenging them? Hmm who was crying yesterday about teams working together?? Anyhow whatever just one of you move up (i’m sure it would be DR as they look to win) so that I don’t have to listen to this junk you people are posting in a 3 way WvW post.

You sound like an embittered sore loser. both DR and K have been land blasted back to the future on more than one week. actually up until a few weeks ago, there wasn’t even a contest when ferg came to give BOTH servers their bi-weekly beating.

As Long as I don’t see a DR video or some over blown hoo-ra to celebrate the win you are way off. People on DR should be excited and it’s not just pro. if pro moved to DR and the rest of DR moved to ferg, and DR still won, all props to PRO, that didn’t happen, so it not just them. It’s the server.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

SpaceLord.4590

+1 interwebs to you SumWun

Well Spoken

Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: scooby treat.8420

scooby treat.8420

@sumwun

Not a sore loser at all you sick of hearing you guys yelling back in forth between PRO and the other guilds in your server. Also I hope you move up cheers!

-FC- Cookie Snatchers [MINE]
Manyme usee -80 mesmer current main
80 War, Ele, Guar, Rang, thief. 55 engi 16 necro

in WvW

Posted by: BlackmagicKota.8724

BlackmagicKota.8724

dont need a commander Wolf? im hurt lol. sorry about that happening, i came on just a little afterwords and heard it was lost pretty hard (didnt mention cause of no defenders =P) good news is we got it back at least.

Kota the Strong, Norn Warrior
Commander on Devona’s Rest
Exemplar’s of Virtue (FWAE)