10/26 - Sanctum of Rall / Tarnished Coast / Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

We had some pretty fun fights in EB last night. ET showed up and was pushing relentlessly on one side and TC was pushing on the other side. Most fun I’ve had this week in WvW.

ps: Don’t leave your defensive siege unattended, because my nades will find them

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

in WvW

Posted by: HenryAu.7523

HenryAu.7523

This so-called “spawn camping” issue is really demoralizing for some of us here in TC. Numerous occasions we (who used the “side-doors”) are trying to defend Lang, Dane, QL, Umber, Bravost, or even Valley Keep but we lack the extra bodies. So we defenders died inside (occasionally multiple times because we can get there consistently) and the place fell, then we respawned to see 15-20 people performing this strange PvP dance on the bridge in front of the spawn. I hoped they meant well and that they thought they were doing something useful, but they weren’t because that bridge was an effective choke point. There were a lot more room behind Lang and Bravost to flank and/or break through the siege to get inside the place lacking defenders.

This is demoralizing for me and a few others I regularly fight with, and it is not caused by anything that SoR is doing to TC. Like seriously, how did you think we managed to regularly flip all those camps and towers every night? Is there really a lot of badges to be had to perform that dance at a choke point filled with enemy siege support + 3 orbs bonus? I ask because I see more dead TCers than dead SoRs.

Oh well, I guess this post is probably pointless because some of you are just doing the obligatory Wv3 for your PvE stuff and legendary weapon. I don’t mind that because TC never was supposed to be a hardcore Wv3 server. We already have instant queues so I shouldn’t be too hard for the extra diversion we got.

in WvW

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

We had some pretty fun fights in EB last night. ET showed up and was pushing relentlessly on one side and TC was pushing on the other side. Most fun I’ve had this week in WvW.

ps: Don’t leave your defensive siege unattended, because my nades will find them

Indeed. I’m from ET, and it was a fun battle yesterday. We had alot of coordination and teamwork. Even though the score board “said” we had 1 (sometimes 2) towers and a supply camp, it really doesn’t tell the whole story. It was a battle. We had a blast

My issue with SoR (and last week against Blackgate), is that it feels on our side that when SoR sees that we own a single tower and camp, they will aggressivelyly try to take it back. “Oh no! We don’t own everything anymore! Unacceptable!” So then they swarm the 1 tower we have. Great, now we have nothing (again!). So now a lot of our less dedicated players are gonna give up and leave. This leads to less players kills that SoR can make, leading them to be more board.
Can’t you at least give us a reasonable chance to hold at least SOME territory? (I am not saying to leave that 1 tower we have compleatly alone , I am saying too give us a chance by not raiding it with a 40 or 50+ man zerg that we have no chance to stop.) Give us a chance to be at least somewhat on the offensive from our single tower, and this will in-directly lead to you having more fun also and getting more player kills (and thus more Honor badges ).

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

(edited by Fallout.1798)

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

I support the Tarnished Coast leaving ET alone when they are taking towers.

I’m sorry for any ET that was mistakenly slaughtered in my squads’ run on SoR BL last night. My guys get into a bit of a killing frenzy… even when we don’t own a single camp on the map for very long. They see red and it’s like blood to a shark. lol

in WvW

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

The crying about spawn camping is silly. Use the other exit! Good lord… I’ve been in similar matchup situations where we we’re getting so called “spawn camped” and guess what. I walked out the side exit solo with no conflict. There’s 3 exits people. L2P imo.

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

While I don’t disagree that spawn camping is a valid strategy, its counterproductive for having a fun WvW matchup when one team is so far ahead.

A lot of casuals play on TC and don’t necessarily know much about WvW, like that there are side entrances for leaving starting areas. New players do indeed need to L2P, when they get discouraged immediately upon trying a new thing, they are more likely to quit out stick with PvE than stay around long enough to learn anything.

Maid Of The Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Macallan.9270

Macallan.9270

Glad to see the server of SoR has continued to fight honorably. A mob, an AC, and treb fire at spawn…lovely

Attachments:

in WvW

Macallan.9270

Oh, here’s an update….they’ve add a ballista to the mix, to complement the arrowcart, mob, and treb fire.

Attachments:

in WvW

Macallan.9270

REALLY REALLY REALLY impressed by EPIC’s participation. Hey, its fair…they’re only manning the ballista.

Attachments:

in WvW

Macallan.9270

those who argue its a valid strategy seem to be the same ones qq-ing this week’s been boring. pick one…cause you cant have it both ways.

in WvW

Posted by: BAEK.8561

BAEK.8561

Explain to me how that’s spawn camping. WvW is a war game, and your team had its position on the map pushed all the way back to your home base. It’s only logical that there’s where all the fighting is supposed to be. What’s SoR supposed to do? Intentionally avoid combat like a puritan and twiddle our thumbs back at our base?

{Sanctum of Rall} Since Day -3
Weekend Guardian/Elementalist
No Guild Affiliation

in WvW

Macallan.9270

the explanation is quite simple. wvw is intended to be combat pvp style with towers, camps, and keeps as the main objective. afterall, that is the scoring basis. so if spawn camping has reduced wvw to just pvp at a spawn point, then the whole wvw experience is eliminated, ostensibly.

as far as it being strategic, sure it is. and do it by all means. just dont complain if you sit in your 3 hour q to have nothing to do on the map.

in WvW

Posted by: Cat Amiss.9463

Cat Amiss.9463

it amazes me how many people whine when they lose even if its the most even match in history, sore losers r sore losers, crying on the forums about stuff doesnt help anything just like crying about a boss treating you unfairly at work doesnt do anything (unless of course you can sue them which seems to be everyones steeze nowadays lol)

If you have to come onto GW2 forums to complain about something that isn’t bannable or an offense, exploiting, glitching, or cheating, etc…then you are no better than the people doing the stuff that is frowned upon…

Cry babys do not get anywhere in life, nor do they get anywhere in game – instead of posting on forums all the time about what is unfair do something about it

Harsh truth, but it is truth

I respect fully all those in TC and ET who have pushed back even at odds you can’t win, the 1s who actually fight and don’t whine good to you, you are going places in life and very happy to have been matched up against u regardless of winning because you showed courage, strength, coordination, and determination.. glad to have fought against you all

80 Elementalist – Sykotik Death
Leader of FEAR – Sanctum of Rall
www.feargw2.com

in WvW

Macallan.9270

i dont care if you spawn camp. just dont qq that its a boring week. you cant have it both ways. otherwise, its hypocritical behavior on an epic level.

in WvW

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

Looks like you guys will be going up against SoS and IoJ next matchup. Good luck to you guys. Those are both tough servers. They should keep you busy all next week.

in WvW

Posted by: Kiijj.3594

Kiijj.3594

We’ve had a pretty good match with SoS last week, we’re hoping to have another epic match with them again next week.

Nirmu 80 Guardian [GC]
Nirmuu 80 Warrior [GC]

in WvW

Posted by: Nakloryn.6320

Nakloryn.6320

Next match should be good. I wish TC best of luck. I really enjoyed my time on your server. Mostly late night runs in EB with you EP guys, I still chuckle every time I run through SM past the “Odinzu tree”.

Brailyn-80 Ranger
Bromyl~80 Engineer
SoR-Defiance [RUN]

in WvW

Posted by: BAEK.8561

BAEK.8561

So, what are you proposing SoR do? Go easy on you guys? Let you guys take a few towers and keeps, just so we can overrun it again, and repeat the whole process over and over? It’s like asking us to play football one-legged, just so you guys have a fighting chance. It’s still not fun.

{Sanctum of Rall} Since Day -3
Weekend Guardian/Elementalist
No Guild Affiliation

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Ok look I’m sorry guys about the spawn camping but all is fair in love and war.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

Basically the whole week is just running around recapturing the same two keeps and beating back big groups wherever they show up.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

It would’ve been nice if we could’ve held off a bit better against SoR but…

I ended up having a lot of fun this week. There were a few times when we had only a small group and were able to hold off and sometimes beat huge zergs from SoR. I haven’t seen a queue for any of the BL’s I’ve been in most of the week. So our numbers definitely aren’t there.

Spawn camping… have you guys considered grouping up and portal bombing their siege equipment? Seems to me you should be able to with a few good mesmers.

in WvW

Posted by: Crusader.1083

Crusader.1083

You can’t camp spawn in this game. There are two exits out of the spawn. Just because there’s siege on the front one doesn’t mean they’re camping the other two exits.

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

The only thing I saw of ET was a late night 3 man Thief gank squad on the SoR borderland. Their pastimes included capturing then camping a single camp, then stealth render abuse ganking anything that came to investigate, capturing sentries then stealth render abuse ganking anyone who came to investigate, and finally using some crazy ‘teleport-across-the-map’ hax when any groups came to gank them.

Nice work ET thief gank squad.

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

Well after the display I witnessed from some of my TCers tonight, I think SoR won this match in more ways than one. They are all standing around the spawn. They claim they would rather taunt them at spawn than do something. There is more of them standing here than there are enemies in front of them. Looks to me like they got the fight beat out of them.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

The only thing I saw of ET was a late night 3 man Thief gank squad on the SoR borderland. Their pastimes included capturing then camping a single camp, then stealth render abuse ganking anything that came to investigate, capturing sentries then stealth render abuse ganking anyone who came to investigate, and finally using some crazy ‘teleport-across-the-map’ hax when any groups came to gank them.

Nice work ET thief gank squad.

I’m pretty sure that’s the only 3 man squad in the whole server tho. I understand SOR maybe trying to break TC’s morale, but try to cut ET a bit of slack here. You guys won, no need to kick em down any further…..

(edited by Shrouded.6450)

in WvW

sceptus.9415

I don’t think its necessary to cut ET or TC down. There is a combination of things that has caused the situation we see tonight. Part skill from SoR commanders (they deserve credit), part broken system with transfers, and a good part orb boons, and finally poor organization and communication from our team (TC). We have a lot of work to do to be considered tier 2, and should likely remain in tier 3 until we get better. Fortunately, we don’t transfer off to better situations.

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

Oh I’m not trying to discredit any of SOR’s accomplishment really. They’re really efficient and surgical, and they have my respect for that. I honestly don’t mind the spawn camping because I’ve seen worse in other war games that’s a lot less forgiving than GW2, I just really don’t think it’s necessary at this point, but hey Dragonbrand pretty much did the same thing and I think that had a positive effect on TC. It’s gunna be interesting to see the aftermath of this match for TC….

in WvW

Posted by: Revenant.4906

Revenant.4906

The one time I can’t sleep and actually feel like playing GW2, we’re pushed into our own spawn.

Is it usually like this? >_>

Powered By Hugs

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

overall, i’m pretty impressed by SoR. you guys are running like a well oiled machine. when we played against BG, it seemed like they basically just threw absurd amounts of bodies and siege at everything until they finally whittled away the defenses. many, many, many of them respawning and running back during that process. SoR has a very organized method to the way they handle things. we’ve learned quite a bit, and many of us are starting to pick up our game because of it.

about the spawn camping, while it’s annoying to see a bunch of people and possibly siege outside your main exit, there are multiple exits from every spawn area. i’ve spent a good bit of time in the past few days trying to stop people from trickling out to try to solo the zerg. as i said in /team just before i logged out tonight “simple answer: if you see 50 of them somewhere, go anywhere else”. once everyone is reigned in and on the same page, we’ve shown that we can be pretty effective as well. it has me pretty excited about our upcoming rematch with CD. we know how to be effective, we just need to continue to reinforce the positive habits we’ve been working on, and continue trying to curb the negative ones.

despite what the scoreboard may say, i’ve been having a lot of fun. the battles have been pretty intense, all the way down to the very end of them. we may end up going down, but we’ll make sure we go down swinging.

oh, and to the charr who was defending DE earlier tonight that we were pestering: /wave

in WvW

sceptus.9415

@Revenant – it has never been like this. We have always been able to score a lot more points than this, even when BG dominated us. We had good captures, supply, you name it. The difference is all the transfers to SoR and the Halloween event. Between the two, our band of merry misfits has its hands full. Wait till the reset Friday for some real fun.

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Martin.1906

Martin.1906

Well, I’ll admit, several weeks ago I posted in the WvW forums about how frustrated I was about spawn camping. I was new to WvW and didn’t know a lot about it. As I’ve played more and learned more, I’ve come to the conclusion that while it is frustrating to have siege set up right outside your spawn area, there are many ways to overcome it.

Phantom’s advice is sound, when faced with overwhelming force, use some tactics. If worse comes to worse and you don’t have enough people to do it, go elsewhere, there are 4 maps to play on. Try to find the one with the most people on.

I have to admit hearing all this complaining about orb bonuses, spawn camping, server transfers, server rankings, and theives and mesmers are OMG OP WTF!!!???? is getting ridiculous. SoR is playing the same game we are, just much much better. We should be giving props where they are due, we got outplayed, plain and simple. Good luck to SoR in T2!

Level 80 Mesmer – Jordrith
Malum Factum [MF]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: HenryAu.7523

HenryAu.7523

scetpus.9415

Well after the display I witnessed from some of my TCers tonight, I think SoR won this match in more ways than one. They are all standing around the spawn. They claim they would rather taunt them at spawn than do something. There is more of them standing here than there are enemies in front of them. Looks to me like they got the fight beat out of them.

I think you just showed up at a bad time because Pam built a golem, took Meldon, WP back and then some troll took it out front for SoR to kill. So we ended up standing around waiting for the next Team Pam train to flip camps and make money a bit longer than usual…

Edit: Yes I was there standing around waiting for the next Team Pam adventure. I remember seeing you running in and then saying something along the line of better doing something than nothing. For clarification we just finished taking several camps, took out frogs and moles, and took Meldon on the last trip. The spawn/bridge dancers were practically handing out badges to SoR, so we didn’t really feel like joining them.

(edited by HenryAu.7523)

in WvW

Posted by: Rhongomyniad.5081

Rhongomyniad.5081

Well said Martin I totally agree.

Although there arw legitimate concerns eg orb bonuses, orb hacking etc these are not unique to SoR, each server has their bag eggs and have benefitted from the game mechanics. I know a dev has mentioned that spawn camping is an issue they wish to address, but it isn’t a major ‘problem’ imho.

As WvWers get more experienced they will take advantage of the situation (might require coordination eg a kamikaze group while folks spill out the side) plus there are multiple exits.

All in all kudos to SoR.

in WvW

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

Nice one Macallan =P
Glad you saw ONE [EPIC] member manning a ballista =D
Guess we can call the whole guild campers now /fistpump
I am personally tired of seeing this hashed over and over on here.
Not sure what you want to happen, in that pic i see five people spawn camping…
five… 5… V….F I V E!!!!!
Holy crap all of SoR is camping! All Five of them!
Oh ya, and I see seven TC dots on the map.

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: split.3659

split.3659

My Thoughts:
We could all continue to go back and forth about many issues, but it will never do us much good. I am sure the developers are well aware of the concerns within the GW2 community regarding WvW. And, they are doing things within their interests to manipulate the game to make it as satisfying as possible to the whole. However, there are no guidelines as to what can and can not be done in WvW aside from cheating, exploiting, and hacking. I will not go into detail on the matter, but I will say that, in my opinion, pushing the enemy to their spawn, away from a tower, or away from a supply camp does serve tactical purposes. If you require details as to the purposes, you can shoot me a message.

I do not have the ability to control other people, and I lack the power to speak for others. I am nothing more than another player enjoying the game in which I have chosen to play. Having said that, I apologize to anyone that has been hurt, offended, or otherwise been a recipient of a negative action by someone from, what I call, my server, SoR. I am not apologizing for purely tactical actions taken in WvW.

I, like many others, enjoy the community, competition, and style of play that comes with participating in WvW. I have been in many competitive arenas throughout the years, and comradery and sportsmanship mean a lot to me. So much so, that I would like to share some points that I feel are key to being successful in WvW.

First of all, WvW is a team-based arena. People with an attitude toward being team players are catalysts for success. Cooperation and humility are two important keys to success. Cooperation does not require a long description as to why it is so important. Humility, on the other hand, may require a bit of explanation, because most people do not consider humility to be a characteristic of successful competitors. I will only use two points in my explanation of humility in the competitive arena.

How does humility pertain to success in WvW?

Point One:
Having humility means having the ability to accept criticism and losses while still keeping your head held high. Everyone losses at one time or another. SoR has experienced its share of losses. Take every loss as an opportunity to learn, grow, and develop new tactics.

Point Two:
We can not all be leaders. Have you ever heard the saying, ‘there are too many chiefs and not enough Indians?’ The saying refers to an instance in which too many members of a group try to lead instead of following. Many groups fail to succeed do to a lack of members’ willingness to follow others they feel to be equal to themselves. Often enough, a player’s ego or “kitten” will get in the way of coexisting in an organized environment. A player with a big ego may question a commander’s or guild officer’s decision, because they think to themselves, ‘who is this person, and what makes them better than me?’ To answer the question, no one is really better than the other person. Although, many guild officers may have been selected, chosen, or voted into their positions. Many guild members learn that being a part of a guild requires the willingness to accept the authority of the leaders, officers, and rules of the community. Having humility allows a player to easily obey and follow the directions of their guild leaders. The ability to follow the leaders within a guild is very similar to the ability of following commanders on the battlefield in WvW. Just a side note, a lack of leadership in WvW will most likely lead to chaos while too much leadership could lead to anarchy.

My last few thoughts on success in WvW:
Perform every order given to you without hesitation. A command you have been given could be a critical move that shifts the tides of war, and a delay in carrying out an order could effectively prevent you from winning a battle.

Always have fun. No matter how frustrating the constant battles can get, remember it is just a game. Never take out your frustration or anger on another team member.

I wish TC and ET the best going into next week. GLHF

Cortugas Thane of [FEAR] Dominatore dei Morti
Necromancer Class Lead
www.feargw2.com

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

So, I like talking to folks from the other servers. Most of the time, it’s nice ribbing and you meet some really cool people. Some people were really camping the EB point at the front. And yes, I could have used the side but I fought.

It was fun. Even groups for a bit, though a bit skewed with the cannon and the mortars sort of getting in the way of a clean skirmish. It seemed equal enough. Although there was one guy who hit like a brick.

Tried to talk to some SoR folks in the process. Gotta say that a lot of them were sort of rude compared to SoS and stuff but it was only a few folks. I’m not judging the server. It was fun fighting, until the morning hours (4-5EST) sort of messed with our numbers.

So myself and a few players moved to the side and made a small one v. one fighting club. Serah.5216, xilu.9341: you both are great and represent your server well. Be proud.

Xilu, you got the better of me in a lot of our duels but we can talk about our builds some time in Vent. They’re pretty similar. Serah, quit changing to your alts and confusing me with whispers. You’re level up soon and be a great fighter.

See? Sometimes, it’s the little things.

Fought that spawn zerg long as I could because I love the Coast, and will die for it as much as I need to. But when it’s down to around three versus god knows how many with mortars and stuff…well, I have no issue backing off.

The duels were fun I hope that those SoR people like TC now as much as I like the example they set for their server. (Minus the points I take away for that really rude folk. )

I am sorry that warrior tried to keep jumping in and kill you guys. But you got the hang of him so..lesson learned. Good times, fellas.

in WvW

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

Next week will be another 1v1 for TC.
I think TC is going to wreck them however CD had a lot of fighters too so I think it will be a good match. I wish that HoD could have been moved down a few brackets weeks ago when nearly all the organized wvw guilds bounced out.

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

Oh I’m not trying to discredit any of SOR’s accomplishment really.

Lol, you act as if this is an accomplishment. It was 1v1 all weekend, ET was absent. SOR has spawn camped pretty much all weekend, but does this matter? no. You learn to deal with it and it’s not nearly as bad as over powered orb bonuses. At the end of the day winning in this WvW rotation system isn’t anything to be proud of, It’s a game, lets move on, good luck to SOR next week.

in WvW

Posted by: Xilu.9341

Xilu.9341

@Sharpclaw.7510, it was a pleasure chatting and dueling with a few of you! I would love to chat theory crafting & strategy any time. To the rest of TC… you have my utmost respect for never giving up this week. You seem to have a great community, with some quality people & any guild looking to find a good home should look no further. I wish you all good luck in your next match-up & I am sure we will see each other again. =)

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

TC, it’s been a pleasure.

Thank you for continuing to put up a fight despite knowing you were outnumbered. I was expecting to spend this entire week in PvE but I’ve had to answer a few calls to battle in your BL and EB during the early hours. The battles that were fought were extremely competitive and only shifted our way once the numbers did.

I wish you the best of luck against Crystal Desert, you guys are winners in my book.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

ComeAndSee.1356

Both ET and TC have my respect because even when they’re outnumbered they still show up and try and liven up WvW by taking towers and defending them. Hell, I saw them yesterday defending supply camps like they were keeps with five ballistas, arrow carts, and even catapults that took us having to portal behind them to capture it.

Hell, get TC and ET to merge and you got yourself a good server.

in WvW

Posted by: Dwok Immortalus.2763

Dwok Immortalus.2763

overall, i’m pretty impressed by SoR. you guys are running like a well oiled machine. when we played against BG, it seemed like they basically just threw absurd amounts of bodies and siege at everything until they finally whittled away the defenses. many, many, many of them respawning and running back during that process. SoR has a very organized method to the way they handle things. we’ve learned quite a bit, and many of us are starting to pick up our game because of it.

I’m actually impressed by TC as well. At the beginning of the week our siege fights were mostly just about which side could get the most trebs up. Last night, I saw TC doing Elementalist/Guardian shield rotations to block incoming siege fire; forcing us to have to charge and clear the wall.

Both server’s tactics have improved visibly as a result of this week and I’m quite thankful for it.

Dwok, the Undying
Support Warrior of Defiance[RUN]
Sanctum of Rall Server

in WvW

ComeAndSee.1356

Really what works for me in WvW on SoR when I’m commanding is standing in the front lines and telling people to stop retreating or don’t retreat unless I say so. Unorganized pugs always give ground too easy even when they have the advantage and I’ve seen it many-many times this week where 15 people are able to beat back groups double their size.

You have to be really observant and have to know in your gut when to move your forces to flanks that are about to collapse. A well timed counter-attack on an exposed enemy flank usually always gets them into a panic. Hell, getting behind them is even better. Most pugs like to just hammer each other head on, but going around the castle to get behind them works.

Retreating for me is just changing positions to shorten our lines or to put everyone in favorable terrain.

(edited by ComeAndSee.1356)

in WvW

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Well, Last night was my first time in WvWvW (Was worried in case it broke my internet or GFX card….it didn’t and it gave me more fps -.-) and even though ET was outnumbered by a massive amount I had alot of fun (Slaughtering) SoR invaders with my Meteor Shower at the tower we were defending for quite some time (The one with the 2 catapults bombarding your walls)…of course we lost the tower but I feel ET done well on both the Defensive & Offensive.

To me (and this might just be me, but I doubt it) it isn’t about the winning, but it is the fun to be had in WvWvW.

=)

sidenote: the Range on those grenades are just ridiculous….lol

Was fun fighting Y’all, great job

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

(edited by roostapro.9827)

in WvW

Posted by: Hygeria.9538

Hygeria.9538

This was the best thing ever. From PiNK’s previous absurdness to this….I hope you guys never stop.

As for this ‘spawn camping’ stuff that people complain about, I don’t have a single problem with it. We were messing around with the ‘spawn campers’ on our own accord, then the entre SoR zerg came to us, and then the ‘Kodan commander’ showed on the field for an epic battle. :P
Still loving TC’s mentality.

Attachments:

Some random [TCLU] guy.
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: jayderyu.3751

jayderyu.3751

roostapro, if people played WvW for that reason a lone. WvW would be so much better. It’s sad the far to many watch the score and when it’s too one sided stop showing

Glad to hear some people from ET going to play

I don’t need no stinking signature.

in WvW

Posted by: Hygeria.9538

Hygeria.9538

Since I haven’t figured how to add two screenies in one posting, this was their charging.

Attachments:

Some random [TCLU] guy.
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Lathalshal.7831

Lathalshal.7831

Good Morning to all of Tarished Caost. The “Toast” gets mad “Props” from me for this week. You all were tenacious like a Badger, digging in at the East and West towers, (and continually retaking them). Last night you guys did an awesome job with the guardian/Meser Wall Protection, this took us a few minutes to figure out how to compensate for it. To Pink and the other RP Guilds thanks for coming out and looking for the Defiance [RUN] guys. I know we left your server so many weeks ago on a sour note, please let’s let that water remain under the bridge. We are not the same crew that was around at that time (a lot of members are still here but we have all changed for the better). You made our battles fun. Even with the large difference in Scores this week we were able to bring our guys out and work on some old tactics, and learn some new ones too. Once again thank you.

For anyone complaining about “Spawn Camping” too bad you never played a little game called Shadowbane. That was real spawn camping. Log in at the tree of life in your city and getting “GANKED” in front of your R7 guards. Lol. One lesson learned from Shadowbane was from the Game Motto “Play to Crush” if you remember that you will do well.

Amoral ~ Guardian
Defiance [RUN] ~ Officer
Commander on SoR

(edited by Lathalshal.7831)

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

This rly has been a pretty good week. Aside from a few /laughs (I got my revenge by spamming /laugh back at your evil thieves!), you guys have been really annoying/fun to play with. Out of all the matchup threads I’ve been on, this for me has to be the most amicable. I think Tarnished Coast has found its new friendly rival/big brother server. Good luck in next week’s matchup. When you face Blackgate, STOMP ALL OVER THEM AND SHOW NO MERCY >:D.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in WvW

sceptus.9415

SoR is no doubt the most organized force we have met, and this includes when we faced HoD during the 24 hour matches. I may have issues with certain game mechanics right now, but in no way should my previous statements detract from their victory this week. Thank you for valuable lessons. We learned how to hold DE in TC BL against insurmountable forces. We faced a golem parade and did pretty good. I hope we meet again and good luck to you after reset.

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast