100% Player Consensus on GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Every player who is against GvG in WvW AND every player who supports GvG would like for the activity to have it’s own game mode. This would remove GvG from WvW, give them a truely even playing field, and let them do what they love. Win for both/all sides.

So 100% of players support a GvG game mode which could be as simple as an empty map. I’m sure they don’t even care about rewards or an in-game ranking system. Copy a map, remove all objects, call it “PvP sandbox”, and put it on the WvW or sPvP menu.

If you don’t agree about the 100% player consensus, post the reason for keeping GvG in WvW; since GvG is going to happen somewhere regardless of how you feel about it.

By not accommodating something this simple, we can assume the developers WANT to keep GvG events in WvW for some reason. Either that or they are either wildly incompetent or else completely apathetic to what 100% of their players want.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Those against GvG wouldn’t like it because the GvG’ers would do considerably less “normal” wvw (bashing head against a door)

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

No disrespect!

Op, will you or the GvG’s be helping Arena.net cover the huge costs with increase server and large data costs?

Reason i ask, is because as you already know.

Gw2 have too many problems which still haven’t been fixed since game launch and why would Arena.net abbandone all the fixes for GvG?

In other word,

Why would Arena.net spend money or any money in on GvG than spending that money in helping repairing Gw2 problems?

Is GvG such a priority than maintaining gw2?

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in WvW

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Because if they put GvG in Custom Arenas (even a special “Deluxe Arena”) it could likely pay for itself.

NAGA|TC

in WvW

Posted by: Professor Sensei.2941

Professor Sensei.2941

Sir this is the World Versus World section. Please keep talk of Guild Versus Guild in the correct section.

Professor Sensei – Thief
Everything Purple

in WvW

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

No disrespect!

Op, will you or the GvG’s be helping Arena.net cover the huge costs with increase server and large data costs?

Gw2 have too many problems which still haven’t been fixex since game launch and why would Arena.net abbandone all the fixes for GvG?

In other word,

Why would Arena.net spend money on GvG than spending that money in repairing Gw2 problems?

Because there is a huge opportunity for Anet to make lots of money via GvG.

If they used the guild wars 1 system, where GvG takes place on the guild hall maps, they could charge gems for additional guild hall features (Repair NPC, Merchants, Aesthetic Decorations, etc.). I’m sure lots of guilds would pay gems to max out their guild halls, and Anet could even introduce new cosmetic items every now and then that plenty of them would be sure to buy.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Sir this is the World Versus World section. Please keep talk of Guild Versus Guild in the correct section.

It’s about removing GvG from WvW which would make both GvG-ers and WvW players happy. This seems like an appropriate section to me.

I didn’t know you were a forum moderator btw. You forgot to turn your red posting stuffs on.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: Abe Kleine.3568

Abe Kleine.3568

THERE IS NO CORRECT SECTION YOU TWAT! GvG is being done in WvW so it is the only place it should currently be posted

in WvW

Posted by: XRKUN.1782

XRKUN.1782

as i already stated in another topic…GvGers are a waste of spots and only in the way on the battlefield, so absolutely yes give them an instance / open pvp area far away from real WvW players.

X R K
Ultimate Zerg Legend
Seafarer’s Rest (SFR)

in WvW

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

But that would take people away from the beloved sPvP

Not for another 5 years mate

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I have said this since the beginning of the game. Bring in a mode for this sort of thing.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

as i already stated in another topic…GvGers are a waste of spots and only in the way on the battlefield, so absolutely yes give them an instance / open pvp area far away from real WvW players.

Hi zerglet.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

No disrespect!

Gw2 have too many problems which still haven’t been fixed since game launch and why would Arena.net abbandone all the fixes for GvG?

In other word,

Why would Arena.net spend money or any money in on GvG than spending that money in helping repairing Gw2 problems?

I’m sure guilds will have to pay to host GvG’s. The precedent is already there in sPvP.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Those against GvG wouldn’t like it because the GvG’ers would do considerably less “normal” wvw (bashing head against a door)

No WvW players support a dedicated place for GvG to be in peace finally.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I have a concern. What if they decide to make it based on sPvP gearing rather than PvE gearing? I doubt anybody would actually want to have that.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Banjal.7328

Banjal.7328

You can’t GvG in GW2,if you want to GvG go play GW1.

in WvW

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

There is no simple solution right now. It is not as simple as make an empty map and let them go at it. Anet has in that past and I am sure in the future put their own spin and polish on features.

They didn’t just want LFG, the wanted their LFG, They want their story, dungeons, raiding, etc etc.

They want to add GVG but it will have additional features, this takes time and resources. Resources they clearly don’t have right now. You want them just to release something, anything to do with GVG, this is not how they operate.

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I don’t mind GvG but because of the rules the players have, they should have their own map without bloodlust. Something like an arena where spectators can watch.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Hi zerglet.

And this is why people dislike the GvG playerbase.

He supports the GvG cause, and yet you still find the need to insult him with petty name calling because he’s not personally into GvG.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

(edited by Mif.3471)

in WvW

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

There is no simple solution right now. It is not as simple as make an empty map and let them go at it. Anet has in that past and I am sure in the future put their own spin and polish on features.

They didn’t just want LFG, the wanted their LFG, They want their story, dungeons, raiding, etc etc.

They want to add GVG but it will have additional features, this takes time and resources. Resources they clearly don’t have right now. You want them just to release something, anything to do with GVG, this is not how they operate.

Their code can’t handle anything that would resemble current gvg format (15v15 or 20v20).
It was tested, it was denied on financial aspects (they don’t want to buy/host more servers). If they say it’s coming, yes, maybe some day, but they haven’t started developing it yet nor have they allocated ressources that go beyond brainstorming on a clean white sheet of paper.

[RG]

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Arena – Net designs guild wars 2 without guilds going at each other in an arena? o.O

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Arena – Net designs guild wars 2 without guilds going at each other in an arena? o.O

IMO this game should have had a disclaimer on the box “does not contain actual wars between guilds” to prevent confusion and false advertisement issues.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

inb4 hurr durr the game is called GW2 because of the lore. Yes because I’m totally playing this game for its pitiful excuse of a lore. The “Guild Wars” aren’t even relevant to the story plot, it happened some time in the distant past blabla cares were given and then more dragons were needed. I had to look it up on the kitten wiki to find out what the heck people were going on about.

Now why can’t anet be creative and do something like a re-enactment of the guild wars – with real guilds! Invent some lore behind the battles! Just like in fractals! Plenty of people would be all over that and plus, you get content relevant to the game’s namesake!

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

(edited by Opc.4718)

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

No disrespect!

In other word,

Copy paste empty map
Cost: $0.

More distributed and consistent server loads (more 25 vs 25 and under, rather than massive 60+ vs 60+ that skill lags and breaks the servers):
Cost: Negative (money saved)

Satisfaction from competitive GvG and spectator crowd: Priceless?

I don’t need to mention a satisfied player is going to be more willing to spend gems.

What other “huge” costs are you referring to? By referring to server and bandwidth costs you seem to be assuming GvG players come from nowhere? They don’t. They come from WvW which reduces the server load from WvW. Otherwise they come from PvE or sPvP. Same idea. There’s no magical increase in server or bandwidth costs just because it’s GvG, unless it’s by bringing more players to the game…

Repairing Gw2 problems? You may be new here, but pretty sure this is a huge one. Easy solution, and pretty much everyone agrees on the same thing. It would also accommodate fight clubs away from bloodlust.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

100% agreement.
This needs to be fast-tracked. Not something that is on the “table” for the next three years. You know what else is on your table? A mug of coffee. GvG isn’t just some cheap Walmart coffee, it’s the soul of the franchise’s PvP.

As OP said, doesn’t have to be something fancy till you laid out GW1-type GvG.

inb4 hurr durr the game is called GW2 because of the lore. Yes because I’m totally playing this game for its pitiful excuse of a lore. The “Guild Wars” aren’t even relevant to the story plot, it happened some time in the distant past blabla cares were given and then more dragons were needed. I had to look it up on the kitten wiki to find out what the heck people were going on about.

Now why can’t anet be creative and do something like a re-enactment of the guild wars – with real guilds! Invent some lore behind the battles! Just like in fractals! Plenty of people would be all over that and plus, you get content relevant to the game’s namesake!

The lore argument is objectively wrong anyway. I do not think a game called “Guild Wars” with a heavy emphasis on GvG (originally) and a company called “ArenaNet” are result of some contrived lore coincidence. Last time I checked you don’t do RP or PvE in an arena, you fight against other people.
If you check out old articles of the GW1 alpha on IGN or Gamespay, you see that GvG was a much promoted central feature of GW1. They were probably still figuring out and conceptualizing the lore, traditionally backseat in development, when they were already debating the upcoming GvG meta. Lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

They could make GvG a full new game mode with different possibilities:

• GvGvG, GvG, GvGvGvG (1×1, 1×1×1, 1×1×1x1)
  • Capture the flag
  • King of the hill
  • Supremacy mode
  • Deathmatch
  • Stakes
  • Tournaments

and much more

If they would do that, I would start playing the game a loooot more.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: AggieTechGuy.4901

AggieTechGuy.4901

Hi zerglet.

He supports the GvG cause, and yet you still find the need to insult him with petty name calling because he’s not personally into GvG.

To be fair, the guy said GvG players aren’t “real” WvW players. And if other guilds that GvG are like mine at all, we are some of the most hardcore WvW players out of the entire server :\ .

Most of the GvG guilds are the leading WvW participants in the server. We are often the ones that organize WvW events, training, etc. to improve our server’s WvW performance. People have a really short memory, though, when we want to spend 30-60 minutes in a week to fight other guilds like us. It becomes very frustrating when players that don’t organize events, don’t show others how to win WvW, don’t lead their server then turn around and say that we are somehow cheating them out of something.

That is partially why you will see some GvG people being elitist kittens. Many didn’t start out that way, but when the people you spend hours helping turn on you, it is a large temptation to dismiss them as “mindless zerglets”.

Commander Logain Redwood – Isle of Janthir
Guildmaster of [CORE] Company of the Red Elite

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

What’s wrong with zerging?

OP’d thief, lol

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I have a concern. What if they decide to make it based on sPvP gearing rather than PvE gearing? I doubt anybody would actually want to have that.

If they did that, then it would be a waste of space that I would never use and would still go to WvW for GvG. No crappy spvp version. I want a separate WvW map with my actual gear that has nothing to capture on it where we can just kill eachother. Oh, and NO bloodlust!

in WvW

AggieTechGuy.4901

Eh… Zerging is a really broad term. Some people consider zerging to be very similar to a karma train (mindless mashing 1), and some consider it to be running with any group with X number of people.

I think that most of the people that do GvG consider zerging to be mindlessly running around to autoattack doors. It is an extremely low skill cap, and doesn’t force players to learn.

I also think that is where so much of the frustration comes from in the GvG community. Many of us tried to raise the bar for our servers, and may have had some success doing so. But then ANet comes out with something like the Scarlet event, which reinforces that “farm farm farm” mentality. When many newer people come into WvW, they have absolutely no interest in learning how to become organized, get better, etc.. They just want to get their daily done, an achievement, or map completion. And those are the most frustrating people to us hardcore and competitive players.

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

Eh… Zerging is a really broad term. Some people consider zerging to be very similar to a karma train (mindless mashing 1), and some consider it to be running with any group with X number of people.

I think that most of the people that do GvG consider zerging to be mindlessly running around to autoattack doors. It is an extremely low skill cap, and doesn’t force players to learn.

I also think that is where so much of the frustration comes from in the GvG community. Many of us tried to raise the bar for our servers, and may have had some success doing so. But then ANet comes out with something like the Scarlet event, which reinforces that “farm farm farm” mentality. When many newer people come into WvW, they have absolutely no interest in learning how to become organized, get better, etc.. They just want to get their daily done, an achievement, or map completion. And those are the most frustrating people to us hardcore and competitive players.

Exactly, but it isn’t only the GvG players that have this opinion. A lot of people have a disgust for zerging, because of the mindlessness and the numbers>victory fact.

in WvW

AggieTechGuy.4901

Exactly, but it isn’t only the GvG players that have this opinion. A lot of people have a disgust for zerging, because of the mindlessness and the numbers>victory fact.

Fair enough. I know I was getting frustrated way before I even starting considering getting into GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: XRKUN.1782

XRKUN.1782

Hi zerglet.

well thats the point i dont really get…
WvW is a permanent fight across 4 big maps with loads of ppl. it requires an huge amount of tactics and coordination and is hard to predict due to different group sizes, buffs, player skills, siege weapons, terrain and so on. its the closest thing ive seen in a mmo to medieval warfare.
GvG on the other hand is an organized small scale fight between two teams of the same size. both will try to annihilate the opponents with rather preset tactics and the fights arent very surprising or too different.
Yet some GvG players think themselves as ‘elite’ and somehow better than others. Why???
is it really more skillfull to have a 30 guild team attacking another one on a preset battlefield than coordinating hundreds of players from different guilds / solo players with unbalanced amounts of classes / builds on a battlefield where there are strongholds and siege weapons all over the place that can alter the battle in many ways?

i rather think the real problem is that some have a bad inet connection / bad PC, so that huge battles might be a real pain in the patootie for them…and so they go along the line if i cant have fun, noone should so let me call them noobs.
or maybe they get run down frequently by another ‘zerg’ without seeing their own mistake but to take the easy way and call the victors ‘noobs’.

either way its hard to take insults of these people serious.
yet the problem remains and they really need some place to be as they absolutely do not belong on any WvW battlefield imo.

X R K
Ultimate Zerg Legend
Seafarer’s Rest (SFR)

in WvW

AggieTechGuy.4901

Hi zerglet.

well thats the point i dont really get…
WvW is a permanent fight across 4 big maps with loads of ppl. it requires an huge amount of tactics and coordination and is hard to predict due to different group sizes, buffs, player skills, siege weapons, terrain and so on. its the closest thing ive seen in a mmo to medieval warfare.
GvG on the other hand is an organized small scale fight between two teams of the same size. both will try to annihilate the opponents with rather preset tactics and the fights arent very surprising or too different.
Yet some GvG players think themselves as ‘elite’ and somehow better than others. Why???
is it really more skillfull to have a 30 guild team attacking another one on a preset battlefield than coordinating hundreds of players from different guilds / solo players with unbalanced amounts of classes / builds on a battlefield where there are strongholds and siege weapons all over the place that can alter the battle in many ways?

i rather think the real problem is that some have a bad inet connection / bad PC, so that huge battles might be a real pain in the patootie for them…and so they go along the line if i cant have fun, noone should so let me call them noobs.
or maybe they get run down frequently by another ‘zerg’ without seeing their own mistake but to take the easy way and call the victors ‘noobs’.

either way its hard to take insults of these people serious.
yet the problem remains and they really need some place to be as they absolutely do not belong on any WvW battlefield imo.

I don’t think most GvG’ers consider themselves to be better than what you are talking about. You are talking about leading WvW. Yes, it can take a large amount of coordination, tactical planning, etc. to do all of that.

But how many people are leading WvW? A few commanders / guilds that run the show. The GvG’ers are more looking down on the people that waltz into WvW and play it like a scarlet event (run around, mash 1, get shinies). Those are the ones that complain the most about GvG.

And the hilarious thing is, the people that lead WvW (coordination, tactics, etc.) are often the ones doing GvG in the first place.

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

I think a good question is how many are doing GvG in some part due to the failures of WvW as intended?

If that is a large number, then Anet might feel a separate game mode might actually hasten the death of WvW as a game mode, while ultimately the new GvG they create would not likely ever embrace the numbers that a proper functioning and successful WvW mode could. (See sPVP failing as an E-sport for the limitations on the number of people liking this game as a highly competitive vehicle).

However, if a lot of people want to GvG, even beyond the great guild or team fights that could potentially occur naturally in a truly competitive WvW envrionment, then there might be enough meat on the bones there to justify its own mode, arenas, servers, etc.

I think they should go for it myself, because it seems like it would be easy to create something fairly simple – at least to start out – to give all these players a place to do their thing.

Especially as the reality is right now, WvW is very much broken in a lot of ways, and while they work on trying to fix it, better to keep people playing, even in other aspects, than having them potentially leaving because of the difficulty for them in trying to play this alternate playstyle in a hostile envrionment.

And just maybe when, if ever, WvW can function properly, a lot of these guild teams can take what they learn in GvG areans, and bring that back into WvW much more frequently down the line in an organic setting.

(edited by Pendragon.8735)

in WvW

Posted by: Cuchullain.3104

Cuchullain.3104

…and the fact we are zerging against NPCs and Doors. I like the challenge of fighting big zergs but annihilating little groups of players or NPCs is demoralizing and feels unsportsmanlike.

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again- totally in favour of a separate map/maps for 10v10,15,20,25,30 guild battles very much like gw1, and where split teams can be employed and all the fun that was gw1 gvg. they can also stream some of the battles (also like gw1) and make this an entire tournament.

Would be a huge revenue earner for Anet as they could sell the guild base (choose one from say 5, which determine the map type for your home games), then you can buy the optional extras like NPC’s , decorations, etc all of which would generate money. Say 2500 gems for a guild base- which sounds a lot until you consider even the smallest gvg guild would have to have 10 players so that’s 250 each, and realistically larger gvg guilds have 100+, which means 25 each.

All of this could be designed by one team from the two week roll out procession- all they need to do is take a break from one two week slot (just bring back one of the previous events for that two week slot, we won’t really care).

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Benjamin.6235

Benjamin.6235

Fastest thing to do would be to let players queue up for the EB jumping puzzle straight from the WvW interface. Maybe make the ground in some spots flatter to help it out. Remove the bloodlust buff from that map and you have a really nice stopgap solution without having to wait for a lot of interface/map guys.

[DERP] – Maguuma

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

Fastest thing to do would be to let players queue up for the EB jumping puzzle straight from the WvW interface. Maybe make the ground in some spots flatter to help it out. Remove the bloodlust buff from that map and you have a really nice stopgap solution without having to wait for a lot of interface/map guys.

Nice idea Personally I wouldn’t mind fighting on a plain.

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Hi zerglet.

No, because he’s complaining about somebody making his queued zerg slightly smaller. MOAR AUTOS!

in WvW

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

Please do not call these death matches GvG.

GvG:
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/GvG

This includes stuff like lords and flags.
And it takes place in guild halls.

Call it something like guild death match but please stop calling this GvG <.<

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

Be very careful here. You have a strong consensus that it should be a different game map. The worst thing that could happen though is that if ANET makes this into a PvP gamemode. The gear choices are too basic there and would take away a lot of strategy.