11/2 BG vs. SBI vs. JQ REMATCH

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Everyone should just chill out. There is a 1,500 point difference between FIRST and third place which means this is a balanced fight so far. This is anyones game.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: Wurthless.2968

Wurthless.2968

1st of all, CaptainCoverGirl for prez.

2nd awesome fights so far, YAKI is having a blast (even when we lose 8 golems haha)

3rd 2v1’s happen to us on SBI, and they happen to you guys too. When it happens to us, all ive seen is the “lol ugh 2v1!” comments, we laugh, and keep fighting. As far as us doing it to others, being opportunistic wins. There is not a conspiracy.

in WvW

Posted by: CarelessKrow.8032

CarelessKrow.8032

So we just blew like 25 golems taking SM then fail-pushing Overlook. But dang that was hilarious.

[AoS] Army of Shepherds | Jade Quarry
That thief shooting rainbows at you? That’s me.

in WvW

Posted by: Arbacus.8296

Arbacus.8296

hope this brings to light how silly the explanation actually is and why we wont buy it a little about myself for those who dont know me due to this again being my first post:

-asura thief in brown/green full invader gear tag [DtD] or [LUC] favor shortbow and dagger/dagger or pistol/dagger have a awesome feathered wide brimmed hat

-have been and always will be one of the best and most dedicated thiefs and players in this game

-probably have the longest records for hiding out in every single one of the keeps and stonemist(sometimes i get so bored that i cut them short by starting to gank and taunt the enemy side by using my thief maneuverability to blast around the space i have) and know all the hiding spots so go ahead and say i dont know where the hiding spots are not to mention towers which i have solo taken many due to people not sweeping them (failed many more times tho hehe) i have been in keeps and watched them go from 350 supply cap to 1700 and didnt stop there doing nothing but report to my map guild or mumble enemy movements and supply count/state of walls/gates

-i have attacked a inner gate solo fully reinforced to the point of bringing it to 30 % by myself remembe ri hav eto spend 1/3 my time hiding and 1/3 my time kiling guards and i did this with my shortbow(very low gate dmg lol) to show you how long i have spent in some of these keeps often detected but enemy gives up chasing me and i have hidden in every good hiding spot usually moving between all of them for lengths exceeding this while playing d3 on my other monitor and have been doing this since headstart(i didnt play much wv3 before headstart)

-when i sweep a keep i sweep it as if im fighting someone even better than myself and account for the possibility of stealth trains i know all the animations and stay in every hiding spot for long enough aoeing so they would have to use a easily visible animation 2+ times only way to hide from me is using the exploit mesmurs and thiefs use to teleport into staircases+ some walls and i admit i didnt check this possibility in sh last night as i dont wanna exploit and it only happens to me a few dozen times a day by accident and i just teleport out right away so i dont get misunderstood

anyway sorry for rant and sorry for tooting my own horn so much just sick of players coming in and doubting the word of the most honest hard working outmanned t1 server in history(yet we somehow are the cheaters thanks to some clever hacker planting proven to be work from other servers transferring their accounts)

in WvW

Posted by: lady lisz.7849

lady lisz.7849

Rhino.9607
Ya know ever since last week when we hit Tier 1, you guy’s sure had your finger pointed at us for whatever reason. We came in and Steam rolled your butts. So, you teamed up with the other server to take us out. Bravo Bravo. ….
—————————————————————————————————-
Z Ultimate Warroir -80 Ranger (LotD) BlackGate

steam rolled US? when you guys came? when did that happen? am i on the same match or is this kid for reals, lol… you mean you steamrolled us AFTER the shenanigans happened and most of our ppl left WvW and do PvE instead rather than deal with that, then YES you guys did but before all those NO SUCH steam rolling you claim happened… get your facts straight please

Truth and Knowledge are two different things
-Scholar Krasso-

in WvW

Posted by: Zahdane.4029

Zahdane.4029

Remember when we used to mainly post scores in the T1 thread?
That and good fights?

Zahzah – Stormbluff Isle
Asura Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Forest.4197

Forest.4197

Anyway, all three pages of this thread is nonsense anyway. Real match doesn’t start until Wednesday. Two weeks in a row that’s when SBI started their push to take number one.

in WvW

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

@Judes: All GMs have blacker bars above there name, where it seperates there post from the person above them. It looks similar to the one down where it has the pages…. 1, 2, 3.

Plus he ment he was the guild leader of his guild… not game moderator.

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

(edited by Actium.8765)

in WvW

Posted by: Smoke.8510

Smoke.8510

Inside Blackgate Garrison just a few min ago, SBI zerging top gate, JQ zerging middle, maybe 1-2 from each zerg playing around in middle, rest completely ignoring each other with sole intent on attacking blackgate. WvWvW? more like WvW+W.

Attachments:

Tinfoil Hat Conspiracy [LiES] (Leader)||Doesn’t afraid of anything.|

in WvW

Posted by: buzzkapow.8465

buzzkapow.8465

That happens at garrison a lot. Welcome to T1. Suck it up. Seriously, stop with the 2v1 talk. It’s starting to sound like whining.

in WvW

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

@Smoke what you do then is run to the top of the dome, build a BUNCH of siege up there, let them fight in the middle the hole time your raining arrows down on them. ^.^

Being DPd like that blows but it happens on all matchups all the time. Why you retreat inward, set up your seige, let them in, and have a real 3-way brawl… but now if they completely ignore eachother once inside then thats a hole new story. can’t help you there other then to say that you pissed some people off that you shouldn’t have i guess. Good luck!

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

in WvW

Posted by: Diashame.6328

Diashame.6328

Keep the score and battle upates coming, this weeks T1 looks amazing so far so close by the looks of things. Wish I was a traitor and could come enjoy it. Alas i am not a server hoping scum i will stick it out on IoJ and hope we can implement the imporvements we are planning and make a come back shortly.

Dia – [RET]
Fort Aspenwood – the PvP server

in WvW

Posted by: Arani.9057

Arani.9057

so you start a whole thread on this, get it locked or deleted or whatever, get your answer that you just don’t like then keep trying to repost over and over like all of a sudden someone will just see the video and think jeez yeah that’s totally wrong …

Aradea [AoS] /\/\ESS/\/\ERR of Jade Quarry (GG SBI)
I’ll show you exactly what a Mesmer can do, SS cost extra.

in WvW

Posted by: kidbs.8920

kidbs.8920

Raven you realize you are making yourself and your server sound like a complete joke with accusations like that right especially after last week. And you’re a commander? If I didn’t know better I would think you were trolling.

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)

in WvW

Posted by: cold.3946

cold.3946

Someone needs to clue these newbs in that if you hold a central keep you will get attacked from both sides.

All you are doing is highlighting your own incompetence at reading the map. I was there when JQ and SBI were pushing garrison. JQ wiped us out and took the keep. We took it back later, but the idea that we’re collaborating with another server is so tired.

You need to own your failures if you want to play with the big kids. Until you can take defeat without crying about it you have no business calling yourself beast anything. You give your server a bad name Smoke, which is a shame because BG does have some talent – just those guys never seem to post on the forums.

Anyways – here’s the latest score update:

Attachments:

Keg – 80 Guardian | Mini Keg – 80 Mesmer
Strike Force [SF] Stormbluff Isle
www.strikeforceguild.com

in WvW

Posted by: DeadEyeCool.1675

DeadEyeCool.1675

man sucks…. Blackgate has been insta q on all borderlands all day… where did all our peeps go? Even on primetime sat. night… insta q!

in WvW

Posted by: Smoke.8510

Smoke.8510

I watched the whole thing, so i can tell you, you’re a liar. JQ didnt wipe SBI, BG did, then BG got wiped and went for supply and by the time our zerg got back it was too late. Also, the “collaborating” claims wouldn’t be brought up if IN MOST CASES you seem to ignore each other, same as last week you’re more concerned about your “grudge” against BG that you completely ignore each other, that’s why JQ lost outright last week, their entire focus was on BG and you swooped in the last few days and rolled them, and they didn’t care. If WvW is gonna come down to “hey lets just troll ____ server not not care about winning” then its going to be very very sad in the future. On another note, it seems SBI and JQ have decided to share guilds, sources indicate seeing [WM] and [BGW] on both servers. So say what you want about BG, we fought legit into T1, did you?

Tinfoil Hat Conspiracy [LiES] (Leader)||Doesn’t afraid of anything.|

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Everyone gets hit by 2 vs. 1. Only the teams that crumble from it are the ones who complain about it.

in WvW

Posted by: Forest.4197

Forest.4197

So much talk, but look at SBI borderlands. SBI and BG have not attacked each other for the past 5 hours AND JQ has a queue on the map. So what now!?!?!? Be quiet and play the game no matter what the odds are.

in WvW

Posted by: FVirus.6531

FVirus.6531

legit into T1 …

the only thing i seen from BG is Turtle Tactic without it they cant do a thing

in WvW

cold.3946

I watched the whole thing, so i can tell you, you’re a liar. JQ didnt wipe SBI, BG did, then BG got wiped and went for supply and by the time our zerg got back it was too late. Also, the “collaborating” claims wouldn’t be brought up if IN MOST CASES you seem to ignore each other, same as last week you’re more concerned about your “grudge” against BG that you completely ignore each other, that’s why JQ lost outright last week, their entire focus was on BG and you swooped in the last few days and rolled them, and they didn’t care. If WvW is gonna come down to “hey lets just troll ____ server not not care about winning” then its going to be very very sad in the future. On another note, it seems SBI and JQ have decided to share guilds, sources indicate seeing [WM] and [BGW] on both servers. So say what you want about BG, we fought legit into T1, did you?

Except SBI wiped BG and JQ’s zerg came in after, wiped us and claimed the garrison. I’m sure JQ and BG players can both attest to this. Why would we siege a keep only to hand it to JQ who was leading in score at the time? Do you not realize how kitten that sounds?

SF started this morning on JQ borderlands and only switched to BG borderlands when we saw you controlling the map unchecked, and JQBL was already tipped in our favor.

www.strikeforceguild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Kyiv.9621

Kyiv.9621

“On another note, it seems SBI and JQ have decided to share guilds, sources indicate seeing [WM] and [BGW] on both servers. So say what you want about BG, we fought legit into T1, did you?”

Now I know you are just lying or trolling. I am in BGW, we aren’t even a WvW guild, mostly pve. Of our 495 members, not ONE is in any server but JQ. We kick or ask any member to transfer to JQ because that is our guild policy.

So stop making stuff up and stop making BG look really bad with all your made up conspiracies.

in WvW

Posted by: Radburn.7569

Radburn.7569

http://i.imgur.com/mC8gD.jpg

Image is from 8:51 PM PST. SBi & JQ are very good at sharing things. I don’t blame them for what they’re doing. BG burst onto the T1 scene last week and its quite clear SBi & JQ both feel threatened by them. It would be embarrassing for either server to leave T1 and that alone could be why the #1 & #2 servers are “naturally” working together without any formal agreements between them.

One more thing, BG is in fact a Beast – one that is cornered and fighting for its life. The thing that SBi & JQ fail to realize is we grow stronger through the adversity created from fighting out manned on two fronts.

/salute

in WvW

cold.3946

I have absolutely no idea what this image is supposed to convey. That you’re a cornered beast fighting for your life? Okay…

www.strikeforceguild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Fourth.5603

Fourth.5603

All last week I never really bought the whole 2v1 argument that was going down. Granted, I really only played in SBI BL (being on SBI myself), I never saw complete domination of BG. Today however, I braved the 1h+ que to get into EB and saw that most of BG’s territories were being dominated by SBI, and a few with JQ. Looking at the score, I see that SBI is only up on JQ a few hundred points, and both realms are sitting at around 275 currently. Then in chat someone posts “Why are we beating on Blackgate when JQ is only a few hundred points behind”, to which most of the replies came “Blackgate are hackers”, “Blackgate is the stronger server”, “Blackgate had this coming”….this replies kinda cought me off guard.

I don’t really believe that there is a true 2v1 pac between SBI and JQ, but many players seem to have the mentality that Blackgate simply deserves to be crushed….Kinda cheap IMO

in WvW

Posted by: Syphen.1980

Syphen.1980

News flash 2v1 happens everywhere thats what you get in a 3 server war. If you are attacking JQ and we take stuff from them at the same time we are 2v1 them. If they are attacking you and we take your stuff its 2v1 against you. If you are attacking us and JQ takes our stuff you are 2v1 against us. Do you see how this works yet or is it to complicated?

In short unless one of the two servers sits on their but and does nothing then it will always be 2v1 against someone.

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

Just came back from JQ BL. The fight is brutal between JQ and SBI, must have seen dozens of zerg vs zerg. Trebbing the bay door down and getting the south inner door down only to get wiped in the lord room.

Must have fought JQ for 50% of the time. 40% was running around. 10 % against BG…they were rarely there.

Get this – JQ and SBI are fighting each other like there’s no tomorrow, since they are very close in the battle for the 1st spot. If you imagine that they actually have some secret pact to send BG down to tier 2 you are really overestimating your importance.

But I guess it’s simpler to live thinking that they joined up to beat you then to accept you have a lot less people right now in WvW for reasons I do not know but might be temporary.

in WvW

Arani.9057

Did someone claim that WM is working on JQ? This tickles me sooo much. Were actually getting personal hate tells from sbi and people still try to say its teamwork. All day all we have been saying is when is bg gonna get in the fight so wm has more than one target… rediculous.

in WvW

Posted by: Jado Cast.1805

Jado Cast.1805

Just a shout out to my Peeps on Beastgate! Don’t listen to this hacker crap, or worry about the 2v1. Just keep fighting the good fight. I have Mad respect for you all for getting us here to T1 and we will keep fighting our arses off! Peace.

in WvW

Posted by: Bongo.4853

Bongo.4853

JQ just took SBI’s camp while BG is attacking SBI’s tower, looks like they’re working together now.

PS Windex is king.

in WvW

Arani.9057

Just a shout out to my Peeps on Beastgate! Don’t listen to this hacker crap, or worry about the 2v1. Just keep fighting the good fight. I have Mad respect for you all for getting us here to T1 and we will keep fighting our arses off! Peace.

No one who claims there is some unfair double team should call t hemselves beast gate with a serious face.

in WvW

Posted by: Dynheart.5402

Dynheart.5402

This whole 2v1 thing is pretty dumb.

Here, in T1, we use long term strats. Like taking the entire lower half of the map for instance. Or the west side, or east. Whatever. If you are SBI? Guess what. You are JQ’s target. If you’re BG occupying that space? You know the drill. If it’s a mix of both? I guess everyone is happy?

If SBI has the same idea in mind as us, we are basically fighting for that spot. Hey, guess what. BG does the same thing. I recall SBI and BG last night, in the BG BL, ignoring each other completely and both just cornered JQ. 2v1? No. It’s called having the same idea at the same time…and a little bit of tactics, as we were ahead in the PPT at the time.

Also, there are 3 teams. One is going to be focus fired at any given time. SBI drops below +200. JQ drops below +200…BG drops below +200…guess who’s getting focus fired at that time? Not hard to guess. When two are fighting…what is the 3rd going to do? Fight the fourth server? Nooooo they are going to fight the odd man creating a 2v1. Use it effectively and you have intense matches, like the ones in T1.

That’s how it works in T1. It’s rough out there, and fun…enjoy it for crying out loud.

Chrisiana Dynheart – Guardian
[FIRE] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: wacko.7543

wacko.7543

Beastgate? I play on Blackgate, not some rubes nicknamed jockstrap.

Nori Senbei (Black Cloak) Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Exclamatory.8351

Exclamatory.8351

Okay, here is what happened since I was in the JQ zerg that took the garrison. If memory serves me correct, SBI were the first ones in the garrison while our wall was probably around 30-40%. When we got in, we saw both BG and SBI, but mainly BG. We wiped BG, took the garrison. A few moments later, cliffside was being attacked (at the time we [JQ] had cliffside). At the same time SBI was attacking the garrison. We needed to split our forces between the two, but we still didn’t have enough. We held SBI at garrison for a little while, but then we diverted our forces to cliffside and lost garrison to SBI… we also lost cliffside to BG, but recapped it a few minutes later.

A few days ago, JQ got 2v1’d at the garrison.

Moral of the story?

Servers see opportunities and they abuse them as they should. If JQ sees an opportunity to capture something while BG is focused with SBI, it’s not because we need or want to 2v1 BG, it’s because we are utilizing our resources and seizing an opportunity. Vice Versa.

We all get 2v1’d, grow up, stop complaining, and think of a way to counter it. Maybe you let SBI and JQ fight each other for the garrison next time, and then come swooping in cleaning up the mess left behind. Do something instead of complain about getting 2v1’d which every server in the T1 bracket experiences

in WvW

Posted by: flagg.6073

flagg.6073

I’m all for 2v1ing blackgate if it gets them out of the tier 1 thread. Let’s face it, if things continue to look bleak for BG the bandwagon is going to jump ship. In a few weeks Beastgate will be duking it out with henge in tier 37. And i mean no disrespect to Henge, as we still have seen nothing like what they were in the tier 1 bracket since their demise.

Flagg – [CRNG]
Asura Warrior
Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: lady lisz.7849

lady lisz.7849

hopefully BG strives to pick themselves up before this wk’s match ends or just call it quits asap (i am referring to BLs not EB map, for it’s such a long queue i dont even try no more :P) … so far great battles and great fun from JQ

score update:

Attachments:

Truth and Knowledge are two different things
-Scholar Krasso-

in WvW

Posted by: aopGodfather.1825

aopGodfather.1825

hopefully BG strives to pick themselves up before this wk’s match ends or just call it quits asap (i am referring to BLs not EB map, for it’s such a long queue i dont even try no more :P) … so far great battles and great fun from JQ

score update:

Since we know you love us so much, I am sure you really hope we “strive” to pick ourselves up, lol!

+1 for a condescending post!

in WvW

Posted by: Ryenoh.4529

Ryenoh.4529

If JQ doesnt win big this week, they most likely drop to 3rd and SOS winning by huge margin in T2 will rate to 2nd,m kicking BG to 4th, then if BG wins next week in T2 by a large margin will take JQ rating to 4th. 2-3 weeks JQ will be forced out by mere rating alone which in turn leaves SBI with no help. 4 weeks from now i predict SOS, SOR, BG in T1, after SOR puts wooping on JQ in T2 and SBI losing badly against BG and SOS.

in WvW

Posted by: Delolith.9645

Delolith.9645

I’m all for 2v1ing blackgate if it gets them out of the tier 1 thread. Let’s face it, if things continue to look bleak for BG the bandwagon is going to jump ship. In a few weeks Beastgate will be duking it out with henge in tier 37. And i mean no disrespect to Henge, as we still have seen nothing like what they were in the tier 1 bracket since their demise.

And the server that wins solely to the Korean dominance has the balls for such claims. I dunno want to call this….irony, subjectivity, tunnel vision….I would like to see you sir responding to the same situation if luck wanted you to call Blackgate your server.

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

Current Score

Attachments:

-KNT- BG

in WvW

cold.3946

And the server that wins solely to the Korean dominance has the balls for such claims. I dunno want to call this….irony, subjectivity, tunnel vision….I would like to see you sir responding to the same situation if luck wanted you to call Blackgate your server.

Our Korean’s are awesome and make up for the distinct lack of any EU presence, but you are kidding yourself here. During NA primetime hours SBI has nearly always held the lead, week after week. Go look at match screenshots. This is well documented on these forums.

www.strikeforceguild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Delolith.9645

Delolith.9645

You are the one kidding yourself. This didn’t happen last week. You had lead but that was not dominance and neither a reason for you to be first server.

The most “legit” server is JQ for US standards actually. SBI depend on Korean dominance and BG depends on euro crew. Self awareness is a good virtue.

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

Newest scores for those unable to log in.

Attachments:

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in WvW

Posted by: EpicDiva.7653

EpicDiva.7653

It was a fun night on SBI Borderland. A 4 hour attack back and forth between SBI and JQ fighting for the bay/Faith/vale/BB areas. Once in awhile a stray blackgate zerg would show their faces.

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Why do SBCry and JQQ players keep forgetting what they did? BG did dominate for the first few days, but the constant crying took its toll. “BG are all hackers”, “Hackgate”, and “they are using an exploitative tactics!”. Players from your servers filled the forums with these comments, getting many a thread closed, and at the very same time where given advantages by their own hackers/exploiters.

It is incredibly demoralizing to know that if you win “you’ve only won because of hacks” according to other servers because they continually whined about how your server hacks even though theirs does as well. A lot of people quit doing WvW at that point because what’s the point if you’re known as a hacker. Some guilds flat out transferred. Since from Tuesday->Friday BG was lucky to have a queue for any map.

BG took a big player hit because of the hackers and forum crying. While I hope it doesn’t happen, I think JQ and SBI will reap what they sow. Hackers will be spotted on their servers and the same will fate will befall them. I believe JQ has already been caught with the latest exploited keep garrison take, oh I’m sorry how is it trying to be played off? A phantom mesmer that stayed inside the garrison for 4+ hours?

As for 2v1, while I don’t think it’s a full on server alliance there are definite cases of SBI/JQ ignoring JQ/SBI or even helping them when there is no logical reason for it. It’s a legit tactic however it is really poor sportsmanship at this point.

Nobody seems to listen. SBI and JQ just think, well BG is losing on the scoreboards, they suck without hacks kitten “What happened BEASTgate? Too much talk?”

The fact is THERE IS NOBODY PLAYING WVW IN BLACKGATE! Read what I quoted above AND my message on page 2!

You’re NOT fighting what Blackgate was last week or the week before! You’re fighting a server who had the MAJORITY of it’s players abandon ship due to your whining, when in fact ALL three servers had their fair share of hackers.

So are we expecting to reach #1, I highly doubt it, we just don’t have the numbers anymore. The biggest and ONLY zerg I saw last night was a 20 man group. The entire time we had an out manned buff.

Practically all of our wvw guilds that left the server or quit wvw is due to the fact they know this fact:

- we win = we are hackers.
- we lose = we just suck.

What is the point?

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

“You’re NOT fighting what Blackgate was last week or the week before! You’re fighting a server who had the MAJORITY of it’s players abandon ship due to your whining, when in fact ALL three servers had their fair share of hackers.”
-DivineBeing.2086

So basically what you’re saying is, that if I’m in Africa, and run across a pride of Lions (Beastgate), and see they are about to attack… all I have to do is “whine” and ‘the majority’ of them will leave and not attack? Do you realize how bad this makes you look? Crying that YOUR server disbanded and LOST so badly after months of hype and extreme chest thumping because of a FORUM? The absurdity of this astounds me.
Can we just paint the picture for what it truly is? You guys are good, granted, but you had a LOT of bandwagon wvwers that liked to talk trash because they switched to a winning server. Once they got in and started playing against players that were actually intelligent, and put some serious strategy in play, and weren’t affected by the mindless zergs BG was used to blowing everyone away with, they folded and jumped to another server. Now what’s left is mostly the real Blackgate. Are you good enough for T-1? Yes. But you have to get over the 2v1 conspiracy theory ideas and FIGHT.
I’ve personally welcomed several of the BG Commanders to T-1, and offered friendship and good battles with them. BG just has lots to overcome from the weeks prior and the attitude of some of the bandwagoners and their bragging that put a bad taste in everyones mouth. I think the fact some go from huge ego braggarts, to whining about losing players and not being able to win, also hurts them. Just smile, say GG, and figure a new strategy. You are the new kid in town, and we welcome you here. The fights have been fun.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in WvW

Posted by: Notrub.6925

Notrub.6925

First off I am SBI since the day it became a server, just to get that out of the way.
Next, BG and JQ don’t suck you are just going through what we have already experienced in week 5 (22-28SEPT) and hopefully it is a lesson SBI never forgets. The match was HoD-JQ-SBI we came out roaring for the weekend into Monday and had HoD by 24K points. Morale was never higher, ques were never longer. Tuesday morning Anet did and update and when everyone came back on all the siege was gone. With in 8 hours HoD took the lead and SBIs morale took a dive with it. They ending up winning the match by over 60K points.
SBI had to sit down and do some real soul searching about just who we were in WvW. Truth was we are a server with 90% PvE population and very few dedicated WvW guilds. A lot of those WvW dedicated people were putting in 8-10 hours every day just trying to cover the bases for all the time zones and were pretty much burned out. The come back from HoD just knocked the wind out of their sails. The 90% did what the 90% always does just played casually.
Out of that week came the SBI you play WvW against now. We have learned a LOT since then. We actually started working on getting the server organized, though many will tell you we still have a long way to go just in the communication dept with the 90%. We started playing with the reality of who we were and quit making WvW a second job and started having fun again. Which is why you see the way we play through the week. We have no delusions we still don’t have 24/7 coverage. For the most part the people you are playing on the weekends now are the 90% because the dedicated WvW players have learned that they need to put their best foot forward Tuesday-Friday and are usually wore out by Friday reset.
The biggest reality is that at the end of the day WvW is just a game. It doesn’t trump real life. It should be FUN. The whole purpose is to get a break from real life doing something you enjoy. If it isn’t fun for you you need to step back and see why you are playing. Every person has to answer that for themselves. On SBI it has taken some players weeks to come to terms with it. That is fine, they come back playing with a different mindset and WvW isn’t a second job they hate as much as their real one.
Thus why our motto after week 5 became log in-rock out- screw the score. The score stopped mattering because in the end that is always decided by things beyond your control, like the 90%. What really becomes important in the long run is did you give it your best? If you did then you have nothing to be ashamed of no matter what the score or PPT is.

Bottom line if you are worried about the score or where you server is placed then you are just playing the forums. Anyone can see from the past weeks threads that is where a lot of people play WvW. If you are actually in the game just do the best you can do, you’ll have more fun in the long run. And, you might be surprised at the results when you are doing what you like to do. The BG and IoJ we played in week 6 had that attitude and in all honesty I thought you guys were great servers that week, no matter what the score said.

Kudos to all you guys that slug it out in the trenches every day no matter what server your on!! Keep having fun….:o)

in WvW

Posted by: Gwendabell.8479

Gwendabell.8479

Just last week I saw some JQ complaining that we 2v1 them with BG. This week I guess it’s the other way around. Guess what BG, you are in the big boy tier now. I’ll make it as clear as I can, SBI does what strategy it takes win. We don’t get together and go “hey this is the server we’re going to give a break to this week”. Like many have stated earlier, if you are red to us you are going down. Sometimes we may attack a certain server in the moment because of a particular situation. That’s called strategy. Stop complaining about it, dig deeper, and come back stronger.

On another note I have enjoyed my time fighting BG and JQ. =)

Gwendabella 80 Human Mesmer – SBI
Guild Leader of [CaLM] Before the Storm
www.stormbluffisle.com

in WvW

Posted by: TLSolomon.6083

TLSolomon.6083

So, TA abandoned HoD and left them with many painfull weeks to get to the tier appropriate for them. Kudos btw for all who stayed on HoD and rode that out. Then some of TA guilds went to Blackgate, gave the server a bad reputation, and bailed on that server too?

Question of the day: How many servers will TA taint?

Anyways.. curse you SBI for being beasts. There have been some epic battles in JQBL this weekend! Im not sure how we are going to counter your Wed-Fri kitten whoopings, but we are gonna try!

in WvW

Posted by: tufy.7859

tufy.7859

Inside Blackgate Garrison just a few min ago, SBI zerging top gate, JQ zerging middle, maybe 1-2 from each zerg playing around in middle, rest completely ignoring each other with sole intent on attacking blackgate. WvWvW? more like WvW+W.

It’s a tactically sound decision. Of the three servers, only one holds a point that counts towards the score. It is in both opposing servers’ best interests to take down the gate and then race inside for the kill. By attacking eachother, they would weaken eachother and let us destroy them both, with neither having a chance to take it. What I would do as defending commander is use AoE left and right to channel them towards eachother. Then they’d have no choice but to fight eachother or get away.

man sucks…. Blackgate has been insta q on all borderlands all day… where did all our peeps go? Even on primetime sat. night… insta q!

Two oceanic guilds left for SBI (something about them wanting to play together with their friends or somesuch) and our american coverage is weaker than it should be. Nothing we can’t handle, just give it time.

Caitlyn Leafbound
Radiant Knights
Blackgate