11/2 BG vs. SBI vs. JQ REMATCH

in WvW

Posted by: Blade.9317

Blade.9317

I view BG’s third place finish and high probability of dropping to tier 2 this week as a good thing. I haven’t seen any of our major guilds in their usual numbers nor have I seen our top commanders as much as I used to, which tells me that people are taking it easy this week. Blackate is going through a period of cleansing. We are shedding the bandwagon players like crazy. These special snowflakes are now polluting someone else’s queues and undermining their new temporary home’s reputation. That is a plus in my book. When we come back Blackgate will be stronger than ever.

[ICoa] Feisty Brat, Mesmer
Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

“We’re in it to win it. If you’re not, you’re out.”

Thats the main issue with the 2v1. As I have constantly stated.
It’s not SBI. It’s JQ.
As the team in second they NEED to start attacking the team in first in order to actually take first. But they arent. JQ is literally playing to lose every time they focus blackgate.

2v1 is expected, nessecary, and obviously going to happen. But if anyone on JQ actually maybe thought about how to get themselves into first place, they might come to the realization that they arent going to take BG territory faster than SBI will, and all they’re doing is solidifying their second place position with every attack.

Now, maybe that’s acceptable to them. But I have a hard time believing that the previous rank 1 server finds it acceptable to roll over and take a second place position.

inb4 5 SBI posters with absolutely no clue come in and falsely accuse this post of crying.

Decisions about what to attack are dictated by the field of battle. Sometimes you just need to flip some stuff to gain PPT. That usually means targeting the weakest enemy position rather than deciding based on rank. Every T1 server has done this, SBI included.

This is not collusion. This is basic strategy; prey on the weak.

This. Back when it was HoD/JQ/SBI, whenever JQ would attack us instead of HoD I’d be forced to facepalm and then roll them back into their territory, hopefully driving home the message, “don’t mess with us; we’re actually here to beat HoD and win.”

After a number of weeks, JQ succeed in pushing us to third and knocking us out of the tier 1 bracket for a week. And the very next week? TA alliance disbands off of HoD, because they were getting bored. So JQ takes first place finally without much of a fight. And of course, SBI comes right back and this time, we’re better at fighting back 2v1s. And we don’t have any kind of massive alliance that will suddenly disband; just a group of dedicated guilds that all happened to choose this server independently and choose to kick kitten together.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but may I discourage you from undermining enemy accomplishments or making excuses for SBI in public forum? We’re classier than that, sir.

It’s just frustrating. Titan Alliance was the team to beat. There was no way to actually win in that matchup unless you didn’t go along with the path of least resistance and focused on keeping HoD’s ppt down. And now they’re gone. Who knows if I’ll ever get the chance to face them again? I’m still playing, sharpening my skills in all classes while constantly leading small groups for attack and defense missions to gather as much experience as I can. But it may be all for naught.

For me, it’s like JQ took away my favorite toy. I will only be able to see them as an enemy or familiar foe, never a rival now. A rival competes with you while always aiming for the win.

Call me Smith.

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

Lots of BG aren’t playing due to a sever case of the I played too much last week’s. The thing is the benefit to JQ and SBI having the WvW depth to draw on is the ability for you to not have your players burn out. Sure Blackgate is a full server, less than 10% of its population is currently working with our council, and of those people that are we cannot field the raw numbers that the bandwagon available servers can. People can’t bandwagon to BG easily, we’re full nearly 24/7, but that does not mean any of those people on have much interest in WvW. It is really easy for everyone to wonder what is happening to BG, the point is very simple, we’re tired. Nearly all of our commanders are tired and need some time off, and more and more are returning every day. So to put simply, we will come back up here and be more organized if we move down.

Thought If we can get half of our PvE people to WvW 3 different nights of week, the scores would be far closer. I know I for one along with several other guilds are trying to make this a reality now.

Just so you know, since you’re talking about numbers of people you can field and what not. On JQ last night we were queue-less in every map all night long. I’m not saying you weren’t still outnumbered, but on our TS server we were talking about similar limitations in the number of players. When I first got in our commander was having trouble getting 15 people to group up together.

in WvW

Blade.9317

Lots of BG aren’t playing due to a sever case of the I played too much last week’s. The thing is the benefit to JQ and SBI having the WvW depth to draw on is the ability for you to not have your players burn out. Sure Blackgate is a full server, less than 10% of its population is currently working with our council, and of those people that are we cannot field the raw numbers that the bandwagon available servers can. People can’t bandwagon to BG easily, we’re full nearly 24/7, but that does not mean any of those people on have much interest in WvW. It is really easy for everyone to wonder what is happening to BG, the point is very simple, we’re tired. Nearly all of our commanders are tired and need some time off, and more and more are returning every day. So to put simply, we will come back up here and be more organized if we move down.

Thought If we can get half of our PvE people to WvW 3 different nights of week, the scores would be far closer. I know I for one along with several other guilds are trying to make this a reality now.

Just so you know, since you’re talking about numbers of people you can field and what not. On JQ last night we were queue-less in every map all night long. I’m not saying you weren’t still outnumbered, but on our TS server we were talking about similar limitations in the number of players. When I first got in our commander was having trouble getting 15 people to group up together.

I think we at BG are one step beyond that. Not only are we queue-less on every map we are also out-manned on 3/4 maps. I wish the out-manned buff did something beneficial to help even the odds rather than signal our opponents that we are weak and now is the time to crush us.

Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: blackthye.6395

blackthye.6395

Blackgate – Just a question to all of you: Do you really WANT to see SBI and JQ again?
If so, stop and desist ALL WvW interaction. If the score is such, that if we lay off now, we can drop out of this bracket of hypocrites.

If I see another JQ or SBI red-name, it will be too soon. I’m sure they feel the same way about us.

Maybe when they get SoS up in their bracket, we can see how they bash them on the Forums for using the same tactics they’ve used just as much in the past.

Cheers. Have a merry-kitten-day.

“Boredom is a lack of creativity.” – T.W.B

~~Anvil Rock: [FCTR] Fractured ~~

in WvW

Posted by: dakotahkid.2685

dakotahkid.2685

In regard to 2v1 in truth the only reason bg readily call out this accusation is because there have been quotes from both servers talking about teaming up and pushing bg from T1. Obv 2v1 happens in wvwvw, but when you have members claiming they want to team up to push us out…did you expect us to not notice? I know that 1 or 2 guilds/people don’t speak for the whole server, but (and i very well may have missed it happening) just as you would expect us to call out our bad apples, we expected you to call out yours, and ofc by bad
apple i don’t mean to imply that the people are bad, just that they made our respective servers look bad.

All in all good fights, Beastgate will be back in T1 again, so don’t forget about us.
Oh and for the record we were Beastgate before the transfers from the bandwagon, and we’ll be Beastgate after the bandwagon is gone, the players who made us Beastgate have been on bg since day 1.

Blackgate marches on.

Dakota Shadowstrike
CoE

(edited by dakotahkid.2685)

in WvW

Posted by: Alsonia.4753

Alsonia.4753

Blackgate – Just a question to all of you: Do you really WANT to see SBI and JQ again?
If so, stop and desist ALL WvW interaction. If the score is such, that if we lay off now, we can drop out of this bracket of hypocrites.

If I see another JQ or SBI red-name, it will be too soon. I’m sure they feel the same way about us.

Maybe when they get SoS up in their bracket, we can see how they bash them on the Forums for using the same tactics they’ve used just as much in the past.

Cheers. Have a merry-kitten-day.

What we need to do is get crushed willingly and let the bandwagoners outgrow BG and we need to grow as a community and try to “trudge” out of T2 opposed to absolutely making tons of noise.

Noise = Attention
Attention = Bandwagon

Also IMO BG is a better server in terms of skills than SoS; SoS will get bandwagoners and they will get crushed simply due to poor EU coverage. They’ll probably blame it on that exact reason; EU coverage.

Gloria Taril | Guardian of [ICoa]
Repping Beastgate since day 1.

in WvW

Blade.9317

I believe that we already are tanking the match. The facts that our major guilds are only putting forth a token effort and when you see a commander on a map it usually is a junior commander leads me to believe that. This is a good thing, our commanders and players are getting some rest, our junior commanders are getting some experience on the maps we do play on and we are losing the bandwagon trash. It is a win-win situation.

Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

What we need to do is get crushed willingly and let the bandwagoners outgrow BG and we need to grow as a community and try to “trudge” out of T2 opposed to absolutely making tons of noise.

I don’t think any of this happening is ‘willing’. If you guys had your choice you’d be 500k above us right now and forum boasting how bad you stomped us and how Beastgate is the best pony.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in WvW

Posted by: globe.7238

globe.7238

I don’t think any of this happening is ‘willing’. If you guys had your choice you’d be 500k above us right now and forum boasting how bad you stomped us and how Beastgate is the best pony.

Its funny you say that, its the exact thing you do in every other thread when SBI is winning, yet you were no where to be found when SBI was losing.

Imminent Demise » [iD] « Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Mouse.4782

Mouse.4782

Its funny you say that, its the exact thing you do in every other thread when SBI is winning, yet you were no where to be found when SBI was losing.

Probably not whining on forums, and fighting on the field, unlike you.

——
Raichi – Sylvari Mesmer (Strike Force)
Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Walay The Brave.6813

Walay The Brave.6813

cant blame cover girl, at least it’s after the win is truly guaranteed for our server, NOT when the match for the week just barely started… it’s picking the right timing to roar, although there are over- “rub it in your face” comments from him/her LoL

[TEAR] – Stormbluff Isle
There is no time to talk! We must concentrate on the matters at hand — Brother Mhenlo
http://www.gw2guilds.org/view-guild/893

in WvW

Posted by: Lensar.4920

Lensar.4920

I agree. Well, not about the boasting part. I’d prefer more of a patronizingly, “It’s okay SB/JQ. You did your best, that’s all that really matters.”

Lensar – [End] Rasnel – 80 Warrior
Ascalons Requiem – Blackgate
Public Blackgate WvW Forum: http://bit.ly/X3Bifl

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

Usually when SBI is losing, im busy ingame fighting to not lose. I stay off the forums when we are needed. When we have a sizable lead, or downtime, I can come and post. Makes things much easier this way. If most of the people that aren’t in first place would leave the forums and go to WVW, you might cap more points.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

Posted by: flagg.6073

flagg.6073

I think we at BG are one step beyond that. Not only are we queue-less on every map we are also out-manned on 3/4 maps. I wish the out-manned buff did something beneficial to help even the odds rather than signal our opponents that we are weak and now is the time to crush us.

So true. It’s like chum in the water. I never really understood where anet was going with the outmanned buff.

Flagg – [CRNG]
Asura Warrior
Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

globe.7238

Probably not whining on forums, and fighting on the field, unlike you.

I dont know if its your reading comprehension thats lacking or if you’re just plain simple. That was far from “whining”, but i’ll give you two points for effort. I’m sorry if pointing out the truth can hurt some egos, seems like i’ve stepped on your heels with that comment. I’m sure me and countless others who frequent here have seen it and its getting quite old, and if you cant then maybe you should take a step back and look at it from someone elses perspective.

And not that I need to retort to your other comment but I am out there fighting daily, winning or losing it doesnt matter to me. Take care buddy.

in WvW

Posted by: Vyrance.1723

Vyrance.1723

My fellow SBI brethren, no need to boast so much. Don’t act like how other servers have when they started to pull away from the others.

Jade Quarry, fun fights as always. Looking forward to you guys again next week.

Blackgate, you guys have done very well for your first two weeks in Tier 1. Was frustrating, and refreshing, having to fight against some tactics that were new to us and JQ. Hopefully with the server-hoppers abandoning you you can build a better sense of community and make a return to Tier 1 in the future. Good luck to you guys.

Vyrance – 80 Guardian
GAF – Gaming Age Force // Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

I absolutely agree with that. The out-manned buff is a complete joke as it is now.

The rest isn’t in direct response to the above quote, but to just everyone on here in general talking about “2v1”:

Obviously I (or anyone else on this forum) can’t speak for all of JQ, just like no one here can speak for SBI or BG. However I will say that at least in my experience (I play only in the borderlands, typically 1 per week match, chosen by my guild) have never experienced or heard talk from anyone on my side about teaming up with any other server to gang up on the other server. I’ve definitely heard teammates state they thought it was happening to us (to which I typically chuckle, though usually say nothing) but I have never heard anyone on my side planning to do it on anyone else. THe closest I can think to anything like that would be someone looking at the map and saying “Hey I think Team X is attacking Team Y’s garrison. Team Y is going to be distracted with that so we should try to go take that other tower from them”. Is that 2v1? I guess so, but it isn’t via communication between the two teams. It’s just recognizing when an opportunity arises.

I’m not saying 2v1 doesn’t happen, the above is just my experience. I have been involved in fights where we are at a tower and the other team comes to the same tower, but in my experience those all end in bloodbaths (for the two teams outside the tower). I have been in those situations as both the defenders and as one of the two attackers.

So people can continue to complain about it but that’s that. If you want to hate us because you think we are teaming up against you, I’m sorry you feel that way.

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

What can you guys on BG tell me about the guild [RK] Radiant Knights?

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

Posted by: Walay The Brave.6813

Walay The Brave.6813

at the meantime i heard we are down to less than 200 ppt and BG is up 400+ … wish i wasnt at work today, wouldve definitely love to fight alongside my servermates… here’s to looking forward to going home tonight and more gameplay hopefully…

[TEAR] – Stormbluff Isle
There is no time to talk! We must concentrate on the matters at hand — Brother Mhenlo
http://www.gw2guilds.org/view-guild/893

in WvW

Posted by: Syphen.1980

Syphen.1980

at the meantime i heard we are down to less than 200 ppt and BG is up 400+ … wish i wasnt at work today, wouldve definitely love to fight alongside my servermates… here’s to looking forward to going home tonight and more gameplay hopefully…

Right now it is +425 BG, +190 SBI, +80 JQ

201,146 SBI
131,217 JQ
100,877 BG

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

there’s some fishy behavior going on in some of the borderlands. we’ve been running back and forth thru this mob of [RK] guys. They wont attack or move unless we attack. Then they all run in circles and attack the person that attacked. Reminds me of Frostgorge Sound.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

Globe. you just transfer to JQ from BG?

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

globe.7238

Globe. you just transfer to JQ from BG?

I’ve been on JQ since day 1, and will be until I stop playing, like I said win or lose.

in WvW

Blade.9317

Whoa! There are some holes in your euro coverage. Even though I know it is temporary seeing all the borderlands red brings a smile to my face. I wish I wasn’t at work.

Blackgate

(edited by Blade.9317)

in WvW

Posted by: zoobaby.7804

zoobaby.7804

Whoa! There are some holes in your euro coverage. Even though I know it is temporary seeing all the borderlands red brings a smile to my face. I wish I wasn’t at work.

SBI has always had holes in EU coverage. We’ve had guilds actively try to cover better, like Oceanic guys/gals staying on late and NA EST guys/gals trying to get in early.

SBI native and Altoholic
[Rage] Smelly Tree Sap — Band Camp Babe — Bannned Character--Spooner

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Could we get a screenshot of the map along with the score update please?

Screenshots, not text.

Thanks.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

in WvW

Blade.9317

Current score update:

Attachments:

Blackgate

in WvW

Blade.9317

Current map update:

Attachments:

Blackgate

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

there’s some fishy behavior going on in some of the borderlands. we’ve been running back and forth thru this mob of [RK] guys. They wont attack or move unless we attack. Then they all run in circles and attack the person that attacked. Reminds me of Frostgorge Sound.

Given the garbage and false accusations that some of u SBI people make, do you have any proof of it? Otherwise its another one of the cowardly forum campaign but this time crying botting. Also entertain this thought that they may not be moving so as to lure enemies to attack them and when that happens they gang up on the person.

Now waiting for some evidence and if it seems legit, we at BG can inquire further with RK, even reporting the individuals if we think they ate botting.

I don’t need to forum campaign. I never cried bot. I just said fishy. Perhaps they all just parked their toons there and began to eat dinner or felt sorry for my naked warrior running figure 8s inside their ranks. Who knows. All i know is there was a mass Guild of them standing there facing a wall, and we were able to run inside the mob for 15 minutes or so before one of us attacked, and they responded with an immediate and decisive BOOM.

Calm yourself.

NICE job BG on the HUGE SBI wednesday push. You’re pushing 510 tpm. Death throes of BG? or a viscous beast backed into a corner that just super sayianed and will pull the greatest comeback in the history of the game? (currently held by SBI)
Two days left and this match just got interesting. <3

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone.

This thread has derailed into a great deal of negativism and poor display of sportsmanship, which is overall counter-productive for the spirit we want for WvW and therefore it will be now closed. Remember that we are all on the same boat and we are here to have fun so personal and rude comments will not be accepted.

Thanks for your understanding.