11/2 Fort Aspenwood vs Yak's Bend vs Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

I don’t want ArenaNet to do anything about off-peak capping. NA overnight/early morning is my prime time, and I don’t really mind being outnumbered because I’m actually valued more than an average peak hour NA player putting in work amongst a few others trying to maintain a decent PPT while everyone is sleeping. We will just continue to recruit more Oceanic/Euro/Asian guilds.

Until then, the more populated server will beat us and that’s how it should be IMHO. They were either lucky enough to have more people in those timezones roll on their servers or they put in the hard yards recruiting them like we have been. Either way, I don’t want to be worth less as a player. The 24/7 battle adds an interesting dynamic to the community and things will balance better over time when people are seeking real fights not PvDoor.

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Hopefully all the t3-t5 servers will start to shore themselves up with the transfer changes. Its only been a week.

Tbh if people had just stuck with their original server choices and not stacked servers, likely things would be much more balanced.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Yeah, sheep mentality I guess. Follow the glory, haha. I know I have found my home and I ain’t leaving it. Hopefully ArenaNet will eventually promote their game more in Asia, it would only help in balancing and I know that is a huge amount of untapped potential market.

in WvW

Posted by: Zonyk.5049

Zonyk.5049

The worst part of all – now our casual WvW’ers will quit. What was a very close and exciting NA-time match-up (that we were winning) will now be a massacre in YB’s favor. We won’t be able to fill maps, and they’ll have fully upgraded positions. It’ll be interesting to see if the lack of orbs makes it better.

The sad truth is there just aren’t enough EU/SEA/Oceanic players on the NA servers to go around, or even close to it.

Having said that, kudos to YB for a good match thus far. I went to bed at 2:30 a.m. EST and had a lot of fun, you guys played us extremely hard and surprised me with your NA presence. That was one of the more evenly matched resets I have seen, even more surprising due to it being essentially a 1 v 1.

Fort Aspenwood Server
Leader of Praetorian Order [PRO]
Member of FAA

in WvW

Posted by: muhconstitution.4052

muhconstitution.4052

I don’t really get how this is happening, unless we’ve had an influx of Oceanic/Asia/EU players in the past day or two. Every morning last week the entire map was owned by CD and we had to spend basically all US prime time regaining it.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.5024

Chris.5024

Whining and complaining about server coverage aside, I look forward to actually having someone to fight all week. Different servers will have different coverage and that will be reflected in the points. That’s the state of WvW at the moment, people have to stop taking the overall points so seriously/personally.

Malose
Black Talons Gaming [BT]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Vytality.3195

Vytality.3195

Well, the fights last night were awesome. I wish all week could be like that, but the ‘only play if we are winning’ folks will not log in again until next Friday. I logged out at about 2:30 eastern, and had a feeling we would wake up to a blue map. Oh, well. At least our guild will have something to do in wvw during our events, as opposed to last week.

HOPE, FA

Vytality- Guardian
Vyt Mindbender- Mesmer
Fort Aspenwood since BWE 3. Spirit of Faith (HOPE)

in WvW

Posted by: Severim.7938

Severim.7938

I don’t really get how this is happening, unless we’ve had an influx of Oceanic/Asia/EU players in the past day or two. Every morning last week the entire map was owned by CD and we had to spend basically all US prime time regaining it.

What happened is we (Yak’s) have plenty of oceanic, but not asian/eu players – which is what CD had. So while you were sleeping last week, Yak’s was able to hold till the oceanic guys had to log, and CD’s asia/eu crew took over the map. So this week it’s more a lack of asia/eu crew on opposing sides than any new influx.

Yak’s Bend – Bellenisa (Ele), Bellesina (Thief)

in WvW

Posted by: Soba.3041

Soba.3041

I don’t know why people get mad at being night cap’d. If anyone should be mad it is the ones doing the night capping against minimal forces that should be mad. If you were logging into WvW which would you rather see: a) two or three equal populations battling it out(essentially what we had at reset last night) or b) one server just rolling over minimal population with no resistance. I’ll take what we had last night (NA time) every single time over steamrolling small resistance and NPC’s. I don’t care about the score, but I do care about having fun and I’m not the one Anet is letting down. If last night was any indication, I am looking forward to this weeks battles while I am on.

(edited by Soba.3041)

in WvW

Posted by: Mathemagician.1836

Mathemagician.1836

I’m pretty new to WvW (only got into it a week or so ago), however, I must say that the battle (about 12:30am EST) at the southwest side of Fort Aspenwood Borderlands’ garrison with Yak’s was the most fun I’ve had in WvW yet

Hopf Bifurcation, Norn Mesmer, We Are Owl Exterminators [OWL], No Dice [DICE]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Joiry.2504

Joiry.2504

Its not you, its us I enjoyed fighting Yak’s last night – we’re well matched at primetime.

FA has a very small off-peak presence. We have just enough dedicated off-peak players to beat servers lower than tier 4, but get overwhelmed against anything higher.

My main issue is I don’t want to get stuck in a cycle were one week we trounce in a lower tier, move up, then the next week have good fights but bumped down due to off-peak scoring, and so face a week of trouncing again. You can see how perpetually alternating between uphill fights (due to everything getting fortified overnight/weekdays) and just rolling over two smaller servers is not the awesome WvW experience I was hoping for.

But that’s nothing to do with Yak’s. The system is the way it is, and you take advantage of it or end up like us. Its really on Anet’s doorstep. Not saying its an easy problem to solve (and make off-peak still fun), but its one they should at least acknowledge.

in WvW

Posted by: Troop.1369

Troop.1369

Yak’s Bend have a good night presence, when CD went to sleep (~2-3am) Yak’s Bend capped everything. CD was good in the morning (7am-4pm). Reason why you had to recap everything during prime time.

Anyways, nightcapping is a reality, if your server doesn’t have a night crew, don’t except to get past T3 anytime soon.

Black Talons – We make you nervous.
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Sethanu.8934

Sethanu.8934

Last week what I noticed with CD was that the majority of players in WvW in the Oceanic time zone started logging on about 2-3 hours after the YB Oceanics, this basically meant that YB was able to dominate the time zone for the first couple hours, then we had great evenly matched fights, but later CD had more numbers and was able to flip a majority of the maps after YB’s Oceanics logged off.

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

I think we’d lose in off-peak hours to the likes of T5-6 servers. Oh well… we stomped ET’s last ditch defense defend the homeland zerg and dealt with YB’s zerg at the same time many times last night in ETbg. We’re better in prime time and I can live with that.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: FireRunner.9481

FireRunner.9481

After destroying our previous opponents I was happy to see Yaks Bend. But, I already knew they were a proficient WvW server. From the tone in chat most players on FA didn’t take Yaks seriously, even after several attempts from me (explaining that Yaks is “no joke to WvW”).

I played four 4 hours after reset. It was a good battle, but my group knew Yaks would take over once we went to sleep.

While I enjoy Fort Aspenwood, our WvW population is very “sensitive”. Players only play when we’re winning and when we’re not the casual WvWer is always complaining and whining. We’re a fickle bunch. When we do well we’re awesome, but it’s annoying because the majority of our population act like children when the going gets tough.

Nice work to Yaks. But, with the orbs gone it’s MUCH EASIER to come back and win So, my message to Fort Aspenwood and even ET…don’t give up and fight. The battle is 7 days not 2 days.

80 Asura Ranger – Commander

in WvW

Posted by: rhonyn.6810

rhonyn.6810

While I enjoy Fort Aspenwood, our WvW population is very “sensitive”. Players only play when we’re winning and when we’re not the casual WvWer is always complaining and whining. We’re a fickle bunch. When we do well we’re awesome, but it’s annoying because the majority of our population act like children when the going gets tough.

This describes most/all servers.

Battles were fun and very intense last night (NA timezones). FA held its own, while I was on, but definitely could use some better strat on a few of the maps. Maintaining supply and defense is still foriegn to many FA WvW casuals it seems (why protect siege when i can autoattack the gate! lol)…..they are too used to karma train zerg-and-forget objectives that was the norm last week. Yak’s did a great job of cutting off supply in a few situations (and FA still has people who randomly take supply from keeps instead of walking to camps), and on the flipside when we had a couple towers with no supply it took nearly 20 mins in chat to convince FA players to take back the supply camp (that was defended with siege) /facepalm. Or we had the situation on our home borderlands where we had one group deep in the enemy territory trying to take a tower right outside the enemy rez for like 30 mins (which we would have zero chance in holding, and they were unsuccesful), meanwhile we lost 4 points and were about to lose another fully upgraded tower up north (bad trade).

FA’s population spread will result in us bouncing back and forth between rolling and getting rolled (score wise) and since the fairweathers will stop playing versus the stiffer competition, their experience will be primarily karma-trains with little competition – leading to a lack of strategy during actual competition.

Fun fights regardless Yak and hope for more action as the week progresses….I’m also looking forward to seeing a mythical unicorn…er I mean ET player as well

in WvW

Posted by: Topology.8931

Topology.8931

Nice work to Yaks. But, with the orbs gone it’s MUCH EASIER to come back and win So, my message to Fort Aspenwood and even ET…don’t give up and fight. The battle is 7 days not 2 days.

That’s the spirit.

Let’s keep this interesting the whole week long.

Yak’s Bend – Toposword 80 Warrior [TPR]

in WvW

Posted by: Ireniicus.2167

Ireniicus.2167

Think YB edge it in coordination and significantly in Timezone spread. Thanks FA for all the badges!

in WvW

Posted by: Sol.4317

Sol.4317

Scores are just there to place servers in the teirs. the real fun comes from the intense battles we all enjoy. Yaks has made a lot of effort to improve our coverage on off peak times. We’ve been in this boat and been stomped at night. We had to adapt to that or find ourselves sitting here and complaining about night capping. This is a 24hr battle , days a week. Please don’t give up, you guys fight hard. We at Yak’s enjoy the challenge of a strong back and forth battle and encourage you all to fight just as hard as you did opening night.

Alfric the Wolf
Guild-Obsidian Fear
Level 80 Warrior

in WvW

rhonyn.6810

That’s the spirit.

Let’s keep this interesting the whole week long.

Unless Yaks is nearly 100% weekend warriors who dissapear during the week…a comeback is not in the cards (orbs or no orbs). Amassing a 15k lead in less then 24 hours and full map cap, suggests you’ve got a sizeable pop advantage during a large period of play….any marginal gains during peak time will not offset these large deficits off peak. This is compounded by the fact that ET is a non-factor it seems, limiting a any viable 2v1 option to slow the leader.

Fun fights can be had regardless….ignore the score FA/ET and work on some strats/coordination.

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

These off hour imbalances would not be so harmful to the lower end if there were actually 3 competitive servers in a match. Kind of the point of 3 way WvW. Anet needs to reset the points for servers, or have a cut off where they don’t figure in points from the very early matches when servers like HoD and ET were much stronger.

When its basically a head to head then numbers become especially more dominant.

in WvW

Posted by: Aluminum.6982

Aluminum.6982

I hope that the point difference will not hamper people from coming out to play just cause they are loosing points. I had the best WvW last night since I started playing. FA was outstanding in siege and hit and run tactics and hope to battle them like that soon. ET was not in the battle on YBBL much and unfortunate as a 3 way battle would change the whole scenario around. I hope to see them on anyway.
Good luck and good hunting!

Corrupted Wingnut – Necro.
Or any of the Wingnut family.
(One) Yaks Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: Polaritie.4851

Polaritie.4851

Was just in FA borderlands working on retaking Garrison. Then one thief came out and single-handedly killed all our siege in the middle of the group. God that was so stupid.

in WvW

Posted by: Subtle.4596

Subtle.4596

Quite the fight in FABL for garrison. ET it sucks that RUIN did what they did to you.

Subtle/Not Subtle
80Thief/80Guard
Yaksbend Commander

in WvW

Posted by: fancy dagger feast.7520

fancy dagger feast.7520

ET was based on server transfers it never was anything untill they came now that they are gone they sadly have to fall until they come to someone they can fight against

With this being said keep fighting ET if you dont keep trying to win you will never know when you find formitable opponents

in WvW

Posted by: Zilm.8459

Zilm.8459

I was on Yak’s BL last night. FA was organized and fought extremely well. Total respect for the skill you guys have. We learned a lot from you last night.

FA portal bombed very effectively on more than one occasion and your use of seige was the best we have been up against so far, really outstanding. You came out so fast at reset and rocked us on our heels when you took garrison.

I hope your server ignores the score and continues to battle during primetime as impressively as you did at reset. You have some very talented and skilled players.

To Yak’s, I was pleased how well we stood up to the intense pressure FA applied. Our commanders did exceptionally well. Spetrix was directing the strategy YBBl and remained calm the entire evening. Great work and thanks for taking the reins of leadership so competently. And thanks to the skilled players on Yaks! Great group of guys!

For Yaks players, I would hope we learned from FA. They could place and build seige in almost any location instantly. They placed offensive and defensive seige in great locations. And they could do this because it seemed thier players always had supply. One of our worst issues is the casual WvW player that doesn’t carry supply, or takes it from the towers and keeps. Always carry supply and get it from camps please.

Zed Trufar, Mesmer
Zaine Trufar, Thief
Yak’s Bend, Knights and Heroes Guild [Beer]

in WvW

Posted by: jadjay.8701

jadjay.8701

My appologies to FA and YAKS, we at ET are still in our plummit to the bottom and will be a non factor score wise for a few more weeks. its not that we arnt trying or have given up, we just dont have the numbers, plain and simple.

We have some well organized small guilds and a small zerg that is getting better organized but we dont even have a Primetime presence that can cover all 4 zones, let alone off peek coverage. sometimes we can cause some havoc in a couple BL’s but thats it. Does that mean its not fun? absolutly not, im still having a blast running around with a small organized group setting up ambushes to wipe much larger pug zergs and going behind enemy lines to disrupt supply but we dont have the numbers to make a difference in the score or the outcome of the match, ive even stopped looking at the score, i just do what i can.

Unfortunently not everyone feels the same and the sad fact is that with every blowout we lose more people in both WvW and PvE, i used to think we would settle somewhere in the middle but after the inital loss of people and the subsequent bleeding of quilds that said they would help rebuild and stick it out only to turn around and hightail it days later or just vanish i now know the bottom is our home and to be honest after seeing the scores between the bottom 6 and reading those threads it looks like a blast and i cant wait.

ET is out there, we are just hidden and waiting for our chance to pounce on a week and unsuspecting victim.

(edited by jadjay.8701)

in WvW

Posted by: Unfortunately.5940

Unfortunately.5940

@ Braxxus: Moral of the story: fix the kitten rendering/culling issues already

@ jadjay: you guys did extremely well on your own BL yesterday after reset. Had some fun 3-way fights there.

Differently/Sixtysix Sixes – Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Unfortunately.5940)

in WvW

Posted by: Subtle.4596

Subtle.4596

@Braxxus – we did the same thing to them a few hours later when we were defending Garrison on the same map. And yes, the Culling issues need to get fixed.

Subtle/Not Subtle
80Thief/80Guard
Yaksbend Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Kuhickaswhip.7360

Kuhickaswhip.7360

Just curious. Is Rise Of The Omnipotent [GODS] an old Yak’s guild?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1DVmi.jpg[/IMG]

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

No. We were always in FA.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

you should tell your guys to not represent when they are on our server sitting on our objectives.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Marktman.5741

Marktman.5741

you should tell your guys to not represent when they are on our server sitting on our objectives.

Lmfao! Somebody just got busted! Nice tactics.

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

One has [GODS] and one has [Gods]. Case sensitivity is complicated.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in WvW

Posted by: Lutheran.9687

Lutheran.9687

Doesn’t surprise me that Yak’s Bend is doing so well. I was on your server a couple weeks back doing some map locations to get those out of the way for map completion. Did it specifically because A- You were not fighting ET then (my home server) and B- Were doing well. I helped you out where I could and had fun. You guys have some pretty tight knit groups and good commanders that received my respect as a player.

I left though for 2 reasons: Family guild is on ET and I want to rebuild ET’s community after the fall. It is a great community and it saddens me to hear people are more worried about score in WvWvW then the community as a whole. Yes we are more casual now and can’t put many on the field, but we have fun and will put up a fight when it is called for.

Anyways wanted to give a thank you to everyone on ET who are still fighting and are wanting to build our server back up. Also to Yak’s Bend for showing me a good time when I was on your server. See you all in WvWvW, real life permitting.

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I played the first 7h yesterday. Not enough credit is being given to the teams that assaulted FA borderlands, while they likely had queues, and held 80% of the map for hours on end. Quickly grabbing the 2 side fortresses and even taking garrison under their nose. Then defending garrison for well over an hour with the outer wall trebbed down and bloody fighting everywhere. We drove them out like 3 or 4 times. Going into Aussie time their lead was small and shrinking. It was a very even contest.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

fivekiller.1432

One has [GODS] and one has [Gods]. Case sensitivity is complicated.

no. they are the same. it is not complicated.

i did double check the guild name to make sure it wasn’t just the acronym.

although, in all seriousness.. i’m not even trying to make a big deal out of it. i just thought it was funny personally. the part where he was a super secret spy but forgot to turn off his guild tag amused me.

as far as i’m personally concerned very much in my own opinion its a valid tactic. if their guys have fun playing that way and Anet doesn’t mind i don’t mind. I don’t do it myself though because i don’t feel its worth my effort.

Attachments:

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

I hope that the point difference will not hamper people from coming out to play just cause they are loosing points. I had the best WvW last night since I started playing. FA was outstanding in siege and hit and run tactics and hope to battle them like that soon. ET was not in the battle on YBBL much and unfortunate as a 3 way battle would change the whole scenario around. I hope to see them on anyway.
Good luck and good hunting!

Unfortunately that is exactly what is happening. I’m from ET. I was on for many hours after the reset in our ET borderlands. We held our garrison and 2 towers (cliffside and longview), very well. We even held out despite the fact that we were getting attacked hard from both Yak’s Bend AND Fort Aspenwood. We even held of a serious attack on our garrison from the water gate. The garrison was almost fully upgraded also (alot of it cause of my money). How ever….suddenly we get a major attack an hour later on our garrison…and i couldn’t believe what i saw: 8 to 10 Yak’s Bend golems attacking the garrison water gate. I was dumbfounded (and most of our team also), that Yak’s Bend decided to resort to 8 to 10 gold’s worth of golems to destroy the garrison. We had no chance, the gates were torn down in a matter of less than 30 seconds each (and they were reinforced). We fought with everything we had. Giving up one of our towers in the process and our supply camps. We stopped the garrison capture for as long as we could, but it was no use. Yak’s Bend had about 10 golem in the lord’s room, and they had immediately set up seige in there.

We held out for like 10 minutesdesperatelyly trying to fix the gates to slow them down from getting more into the lords room, but it was no use, it was quickly destroyed again. 10 golems is just too much to handle, let alone the flood of Yak’s Bend troops still rushing in. It was a moral crushing defeat and the loss of our almost fully upgraded garrison. It wafrustratingng that they had to resort to a swarm of golems to defeat us, and defeat us they did. Most of ET then logged of ifrustrationon andespairre. The rest of us retreated to Eternal Battlegrounds to defend our keep there. But with so many of us logged of already it was no use. All we could do is watch as Yak’s Bend destroyed the Fort Aspenwood held Stonemist Castle, knowing we were next. Yak’s Bend already owned everything (and i mealiterallyly everything) in Yak’s Bend and FA’borderlandsds, and everything but a supply came in our own boarderlands. Shortly after Yak’s Bend took Stonemist from FA. We were next. Our final stronghold in all the maps fell in a matter of minutes.

By continuing to attack and take all territory, Yak’s Bend causes the snowballing problem of that when the other teams see badlyddly we are getting crushed and hbasicallyicly no territory, alot of the more casual players won’t show up. This leads to the dominating team whining that they are sooooooo board and that we aren’t even showing up at all. If you take everything, you will crush the enemy moral and not have really any more player wvw kills to get for the week.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.5024

Chris.5024

I feel bad for the guy who was forced to swap servers for the week. Guess he drew the short straw

Malose
Black Talons Gaming [BT]
Maguuma

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

I think it’s funny too. We had another person go to an opponent server many weeks ago to mess around like waving at other GODS members in front of everyone. We proceeded to kill him when he got close. With the 7 day limit, we wouldn’t do that again, so this guy was acting alone.

Lord Arcadio

in WvW

Posted by: Ekove.4586

Ekove.4586

Well I must say the first day of this matchup has been the most intense WvW day I have had. I was on last night by the time the yaks took the lead, which was not really that late, 12-2 am EST.

It’s alright if you think that we were “night capping”, even though the argument I keep seeing is that you went to bed when you were winning, and woke up losing to us, as if nightcaping is whenever you are not playing. Im not trying to be rude or talk smack or anything, but after the good initial fight FA was giving us the first day it’s disappointing how your numbers fell after we took the lead, and that seems to be the reason why we are getting so ahead, not due to nightcapping.

Last week we had a close fight with DH, and CD kept a few towers/keeps in the primetime while we fought DH, off-prime time though, CD forces were so ridiculously large they’d take fully keeps before you could cross a quarter of the map. Now if could not hold anything against CD at night time, doesn’t that show that even though we have a night crew, it is not that large?

Point is, even if your argument is valid, both us and DH suffered from the off-prime time capping powers of CD last week but neither of us gave up and we never let them take a stomping lead. Sadly by FA’s efforts/numbers today it seems that many have given up and it might be a boring week. Either way, well played on the first day and I hope you guys will keep it up, and also realize that our “night team” is not as monumental as you might think considering how CD walked over us during the night last week.

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

Point is, even if your argument is valid, both us and DH suffered from the off-prime time capping powers of CD last week but neither of us gave up and we never let them take a stomping lead. Sadly by FA’s efforts/numbers today it seems that many have given up and it might be a boring week. Either way, well played on the first day and I hope you guys will keep it up, and also realize that our “night team” is not as monumental as you might think considering how CD walked over us during the night last week.

This has been mentioned several times that no one is saying your coverage is great, but rather we basically have none. Any sort of presence you guys have during off peak will beat ours and you will have the map. Dragonbrand was able to do this to us too, but the difference is that with Dragonbrand, we were able to take back the entire map in a short amount of time and hold it the entire NA primetime. They and Maguuma were no match during that time. You are. TC was as well. Dedicated WvW guilds are still going to come out every day, so there will still be fun matches, but a lot of casuals are going to see a blue map with everything upgraded and they won’t bother. I don’t hold disdain for those people like some do even though I’m in a dedicated WvW guild. It’s not like I play every aspect of GW2. If they come to WvW for an even back and forth match, then why would they bother with an uphill battle if that’s not what’s fun for them? I think many will still come out today, but it won’t hold for the rest of the week.

Lord Arcadio

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

Just logged in for a score update.

Attachments:

Lord Arcadio

in WvW

Posted by: Vytality.3195

Vytality.3195

FA and ET need to coordinate some stuff so we can do what the 2 of you did to FA on the ETBL Friday. (We got doubleteamed off the map, even with full cap.) If any ET leaders want to try to get somehting going, send me a mail ingame.

Vytality- Guardian
Vyt Mindbender- Mesmer
Fort Aspenwood since BWE 3. Spirit of Faith (HOPE)

in WvW

Posted by: Ireniicus.2167

Ireniicus.2167

FA and ET need to coordinate some stuff so we can do what the 2 of you did to FA on the ETBL Friday. (We got doubleteamed off the map, even with full cap.) If any ET leaders want to try to get somehting going, send me a mail ingame.

As a member of Yaks Bend, I say bring it on. It is getting boring night capping you both 24/7

in WvW

fivekiller.1432

@Vytality

I’m one of the commanders who was helping on that map all day/night friday. I don’t mind telling you our entire strategy so you guys can get together and work on it. I’ll just write it up below here.

First, take your tower and keep near your spawn and throw some arrow carts on them.
Second, go attack the other guys and be as fight as you possibly can.
Third, when map is all green go sleep.
—-

You are now entrusted with the secret strategy of the Yaks. The very one we “did to FA on the ETBL Friday.”

but remember, with great power — comes great responsibility!

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: ganeshori.6309

ganeshori.6309

soon Fort kitten is gonna a nice night team…when that happens….we are sooooo gonna show it off. hehe,.

Sgt Rock / Necrotic Charm —- Dcon
2nd Battalion / 5th Marines – Hotel Company – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: ganeshori.6309

ganeshori.6309

wow….GW2 forum is smart…gonna have to fix that, hehe….how about Fort kickazz?

Sgt Rock / Necrotic Charm —- Dcon
2nd Battalion / 5th Marines – Hotel Company – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: katanah.8431

katanah.8431

TC here, your match has been fun to watch. Really looking forward to next week if it turns out we are against Yak as well. You guys look to be a great matchup! GL all of you out there!

in WvW

rhonyn.6810

Different matches have different circumstances….I suspect DH had more muscle then ET to help even the field, and we’ve seen your off-peak numbers are larger then FA and ET combined so would obviously be better at slowing another servers off-peak progress to limit the damage done, or perhaps have an earlier/larger day crew to take stuff back sooner…I don’t know. /shrug.

In my experience FA doesn’t have that large of a population period, let alone during off-peak (wrt WvW). I’m westcoast, so play tail end “peak”, but I didn’t experience any queues last night even with us in the “lead” points wise at the time i logged in (and haven’t seen a queue for weeks), let alone ever having queus on multiple maps. Suggesting there is limited periods of a 24 hour cycle that we even come close to being able to fill all 4 maps. This basically means any drop in fairweather players translates into a direct drop in players on the maps, not just shorter queues for FA.