11/2 Fort Aspenwood vs Yak's Bend vs Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Lol – you really can’t figure out how to kill him?
That’s his video, btw.

in WvW

Posted by: Silverluna.9236

Silverluna.9236

So a single player with an Unlimited guild tag from FA has been holding the Greenvale Refuge supply camp through hacks for about 20 minutes now. We (Yak’s) have easily 50 people in the camp – and there is no other opposition except this single individual, who is invisible 99% of the time and unkillable when visable.

Please don’t think I’m tarring all of FA with the same brush – I’ve had some amazing WvW so far this week and it’s been a blast.

50+… the Yak herd lumbers on…

in WvW

Posted by: Enenion.8127

Enenion.8127

He’s probably using Cloak and Dagger, a dagger offhand attack to stealth repeatedly. The way to counter this is to ball up in one place and AoE around it. If he can’t hit any of you, he can’t stealth for long and will be forced to either run away or die. When the culling thing gets fixed you will be able to more easily target the thief when his stealth drops for a moment.

[Help],
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

^ This person knows how to research class mechanics. He must be a hacker too.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

Can I get a score update?

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Zen.2450

Zen.2450

No reason, YB is winning and that’s all. Wish there was some sort of gold/silver chest everyone on the server gets for WvW, such as tournament sPvP play.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

50+… the Yak herd lumbers on…

Why are you trying to create bad blood? The comment is especially ironic given FA is at least just as zergy as YB.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: kanikani.2430

kanikani.2430

Lets not go down the hacking/closing the thread route again. It happens on all servers I personally witnessed exploits/hacks on three occasions on Friday night by Yak players.

No server can control all of their players, none of the decent guilds will keep a hacker on any servers or condone it at all. No one I have ever talked to in game or out of game condones this.

At this point these issues are Anets problem to deal with, anyone who witnesses it please report the players, no one on any side wants to have these people around win or lose.

Ishionna (80 Ele)
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Cygni.2790

Cygni.2790

Yes please take screen shots. Get as much evidence as possible and report them. I can only speak as a members of the Yaks alliance but we would love to have every cheater/bot removed from our server.

in WvW

Posted by: wombat.6123

wombat.6123

I’m enjoying some of the big fights we’re having but please don’t claim Yak’s improvement is due to tactics and better organisation learned through weeks of playing.

5 weeks ago Yak’s played Maguuma and lost to them (a team that FA seems to beat each time we play).

3 weeks ago YB was ranked 15 and played Gates of Madness. Score was 101k to 58k.

2 weeks ago YB was ranked 16 and played Gate of Madness (again). Score this time was 552k vs 37k.

The next week YB was ranked 11 (and massive jump of +5 ranks).

Somewhere between 2 and 3 weeks ago Yak’s Bend had so many new players transfer to their server that they jumped from rank 16 to rank 11 in one match. That’s not due to gradually improving through learning and tactics.

From what I understand over the last few weeks the four servers people have been stacking and bandwagoning were BG, SoR, SoS and Yak’s Bend (although from what I hear people are now leaving BG).

I’m not trying to insult Yak’s Bend, but to say your WvW population is the same as FA and you are doing better because you’ve been gradually improving over time is just wrong. The stats clearly show that’s not the case.

Wombling Wombat
FA – Protectorate of Aspenwood [PRO]

(edited by wombat.6123)

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

@Wombat

kinda makes you wonder why everyone bandwagoned onto a rank 16 server though doesn’t it?

also, when SOR got a bunch of new people.. everyone knew who those guilds were. i’m still waiting on our new Yaks guilds who transferred onto the server to step forward. i haven’t seen them.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Vendris.4201

Vendris.4201

We had people AoEing the area pretty much non stop. I leave open that this is a situation resulting from the poor rendering coming out of stealth in WvW – I was going by a combination of what I experienced and statements made from other people. The video linked shows a period of 3 minutes and 51 seconds. We had people AoEing the camp for 20 minutes.

In any case – I’m not biting on the insults. I’ve had a great time in WvW this week, with some fantastic fights.

If this was simply a case of the poor rendering mechanics of the game engine interacting with thief class abilities then my apologies on that front. I’ve occasionally taken advantage of the the mesmer beserker not requiring line of site so I won’t fault someone for taking advantage of mechanics even if they aren’t intended to work that way.

in WvW

Posted by: freess.6820

freess.6820

I’m enjoying some of the big fights we’re having but please don’t claim Yak’s improvement is due to tactics and better organisation learned through weeks of playing.

5 weeks ago Yak’s played Maguuma and lost to them (a team that FA seems to beat each time we play).

3 weeks ago YB was ranked 15 and played Gates of Madness. Score was 101k to 58k.

2 weeks ago YB was ranked 16 and played Gate of Madness (again). Score this time was 552k vs 37k.

thats what you think… obviously not what happened in YB from a YB player

(edited by freess.6820)

in WvW

morrolan.9608

3 weeks ago we were up against SoR just as they got their big influx of players, both us and GOM got wiped. We got put down a level too low as a result of it. The statements from GOM were such that they had lost a lot of their guilds.

Because we were a level too low and had a big victory as a result. You must have noticed that the rankings system is not great.

From what I understand over the last few weeks the four servers people have been stacking and bandwagoning were BG, SoR, SoS and Yak’s Bend (although from what I hear people are now leaving BG).

As I said above we’ve had some new players but its hardly massive, our queues haven’t blown out. And it is noticeable how much better the guilds are working together in the last few weeks.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: The Blind Man.3642

The Blind Man.3642

Somewhere between 2 and 3 weeks ago Yak’s Bend had so many new players transfer to their server that they jumped from rank 16 to rank 11 in one match. That’s not due to gradually improving through learning and tactics.

You are completely right. We haven’t been gradually improving. Instead about 2-3 weeks ago we finally got our kitten together. A lot of great leaders have stepped forward and organization has become key. A lot of our commanders are constantly talking to eachother, giving status updates on the borderlands they are on and when help is needed. I can’t tell you how many times in the past 2 weeks I’ve gotten a pm from a commander asking me to bring some people from the borderlands I’m in to help them in different borderlands. Or how many times I’ve gotten help from different commanders on my borderlands. The commanders in YB are amazing, and I can’t begin to tell you how much communication helps in WvW.

Oh and the reason we are able to send people to help on a whim is because we have no queues, even during primetime NA. To be honest at some points it seems like YB has lost a lot of the population since release. If we have gained any big new guilds they must really love PvE.

Yak’s Bend Commander

(edited by The Blind Man.3642)

in WvW

wombat.6123

We (Yak’s) have easily 50 people in the camp – and there is no other opposition except this single individual, who is invisible 99% of the time and unkillable when visable.

A video has already been posted showing this person’s gameplay (clearly no hacking involved). There’s a difference between hacking and someone using class mechanics well.

It’s very poor form to call “hacker” just because one person is playing well and you don’t know how their class mechanics work.

Yes please take screen shots. Get as much evidence as possible and report them. I can only speak as a members of the Yaks alliance but we would love to have every cheater/bot removed from our server.

I took some screenshots of YB players from two guilds hacking their way onto a normally unreachable area to attack our trebs outside Dreaming Bay (I clicked on them so their guild names are clearly visible). I wouldn’t normally post it as I don’t like getting into discussions about hackers, but since you are asking as a way of removing cheaters from your server I’ll put it up tonight when I get home.

Wombling Wombat

in WvW

Posted by: Kuhickaswhip.7360

Kuhickaswhip.7360

I’m not trying to insult Yak’s Bend, but to say your WvW population is the same as FA and you are doing better because you’ve been gradually improving over time is just wrong. The stats clearly show that’s not the case.

Yaks Bend has been a tier5-tier4 server since the 1 weeks, even when we were less organized. We got pushed into a tier6 at the same time DB, ET, and HoD started falling. Thats one tier basically. We will now probably be a tier3- tier4 server.

in WvW

wombat.6123

Because we were a level too low and had a big victory as a result. You must have noticed that the rankings system is not great.

The ranking system is indeed very bad at moment.

However YB’s ranking in the previous weeks was:
Rank 13
Rank 13
Rank 15
Rank 16

Then suddenly the next match it jumped up 5 ranks. You must realise your server slowly dropping in rankings for over a month then suddenly surging to beat servers 2 tiers above them is not due to a sudden improvement in tactics. It’s a population shift.

WvW is not balanced well enough that tactics can make that big a difference from match to match. It’s always sudden population changes, whether you notice it yourself or not.

Wombling Wombat

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Moral of this banter:
When a server is losing it’s because the opposing server is zergy hacking scrubs.
When the same server is winning it’s because they are leet-core skilled kittenes.

/eyeroll

At least the battle last week was awesome, with good form by all three servers. I miss CD and DH already, good opponents and great community. Oh well maybe we’ll see each other again on the field soon.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

Don’t listen to the FAers that are whining in this thread. They represent themselves yet they are giving the server a bad name by whining over something no one can control. While these guys spend their time complaining on the forums, the rest of us are ingame trying to make sure Yak’s Bend doesn’t get bored.

in WvW

Posted by: patricide.1062

patricide.1062

All of this QQing about Yaks being a zergy server is getting old. I wish I had FRAPS on when we did this, but let me tell you all about a nice little thing called tactics and his big brother strategy we utilized just today in EB.

We were trebbing WC from SM and instead of giving you guys a chance to defend it, we decided to hit the FA keep (the name escapes me) to force you guys to defend it while our treb was knocking down WC. Obviously, the keep is FAR more valuable so FA rightly decided to defend it. When the WC wall finally came down, we sent a small strike team over to cap it really fast. This gave us another fortified position to assault the keep from. We set up another treb there and we were knocking down the siege on the outer at the FA keep. In order to push across the bridge we sent a whopping 5 man zerg around the back to flank the FA guys that were doing a great job of holding the choke from a full frontal assault. However, when that huge 5 man zerg hit the bridge team they were wiped within 30 seconds. We pushed and pushed, and the door got as low as 5% health. We were eventually pushed out, and our team had to leave to defend our BL. I don’t believe we ever ended up taking that keep, but that’s an example of how we are working.

When the call for reinforcements came from the YBBL, we came running and put down the FA force that was pressing it.

By the way, that was a freaking awesome fight there at the EB keep. We had about even numbers the whole time and that fight was eventually won by FA. It was a good time!

Now, if you talk about exploiting the game mechanics, I will present to you screenshot of some FA folks setting up siege in the invulnerable zone. This treb was so far inside the citadel, we couldn’t even see the thing. I normally wouldn’t even bother with this, but I decided to screenshot it to show that exploitation of game mechanics happens on every server. Not a whole lot we can do about it.

Attachments:

Support Guardian – D/D Ele
[Rawr] – HoD

in WvW

patricide.1062

We (Yak’s) have easily 50 people in the camp – and there is no other opposition except this single individual, who is invisible 99% of the time and unkillable when visable.

A video has already been posted showing this person’s gameplay (clearly no hacking involved). There’s a difference between hacking and someone using class mechanics well.

It’s very poor form to call “hacker” just because one person is playing well and you don’t know how their class mechanics work.

I took some screenshots of YB players from two guilds hacking their way onto a normally unreachable area to attack our trebs outside Dreaming Bay (I clicked on them so their guild names are clearly visible). I wouldn’t normally post it as I don’t like getting into discussions about hackers, but since you are asking as a way of removing cheaters from your server I’ll put it up tonight when I get home.

Please, post it. We are very anal about sportsmanship in our alliance. If it is an alliance guild, we will deal with it. Also, are you sure it isn’t someone jumping into a hard to reach spot? I’ve seen those things happen. Calling it a hack may be a bit much. Probably better to call that exploitation of game mechanics, IMO.

[Rawr] – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Ordibble.3092

Ordibble.3092

Rank 13
Rank 13
Rank 15
Rank 16

Then suddenly the next match it jumped up 5 ranks. You must realise your server slowly dropping in rankings for over a month then suddenly surging to beat servers 2 tiers above them is not due to a sudden improvement in tactics. It’s a population shift.

WvW is not balanced well enough that tactics can make that big a difference from match to match. It’s always sudden population changes, whether you notice it yourself or not.

Your comments regarding ranking lack context. Take FA as an example – your own server jumped from rank 13 to rank 10 in the last week. Is that because the population of FA increased dramatically? More likely it is because both Dragonbrand and Erredon Terrace are dropping quickly, vacating two places in the rankings that FA and YB have now taken.

As others have said, before that, YB dropped to a lower tier after being beaten by SoR by a huge number after SoR had a lot of transfers. We then beat our opposition by over 500K points, which catapulted us up the ranks.

I do agree that coverage is the largest determining factor in WvW. This week we are beating FA because we have more oceanics. Last week we lost to CD because they have more Asians. During both of those matches, when servers were full (as judged by having queues), the scores were pretty much neck and neck (any lead was negligible). From my own perspective as an oceanic player, the number of people we have at that time has gone up but not hugely so that we have queues. I was curious about this as well and have asked elsewhere if we have had transfers but no one seems to know. If we have, it has not been large guilds but more a gradual growth. It could be that the natural population of YB has simply taken longer to get into WvW than others.

And responding to other people’s comments, the outmanned buff is not an indication of a server’s population. It is only an indication of how many people are logged into WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: ImmortalZodd.6871

ImmortalZodd.6871

its funny that people are claiming we got a huge influx of people these past 2-3 weeks……. Where are all these new guilds and dedicated WvW groups, our que times have remained the same for the past 2-3 weeks if we did get a large group of transfers they are not playing WvW. And on top of that i have yet to see any new major guilds in WvW come onto our Community mumble server, the guys i see in there day in day out are the Commanders and dedicated WvW people/guilds i have seen around for weeks that where probably doing WvW before i started a month ago.

Its more important to have numbers that know how to communicate rather than just larger numbers. Yak’s has had great communication these past two weeks by getting large guilds and more players onto our Voice Communication servers to work as a server more than just as a zerg on one map. I don’t think FA has this , what FA seams to have is 3-5 Large guilds who WvW like PRO and GODS that might work together i don’t know, but if you guys made more effort to unite your Community and pull large guilds and groups into an Alliance you would have a much better go at us, your numbers are there but having instance voice communication is a huge advantage when responding to and assaulting opponents on different maps and locations, i cant tell you how happy it makes me to be with a community that gets this and has made great strides and making it very easy to register and join in the voice communication so we can be more coordinated and we still have room to improve by getting more and more people using it.

you guys are really really good defenders it took us a good solid 2-3 hrs to get your garrison last night on EB even at 0 supply you guys held it out for another hour or so. Don’t give up during the weekdays forget the score pick one map and dominate it give us hell and push us out. ET has great players too i have 1v1 a few and had my hands full (especially that mesmer that must have killed me 4 times before i finally was able to not kill myself under confusion), they are in the wrong tier and they know it but at least they haven’t given up every day i log on i see some red here and there which is great to see some people will play even as the underdog WvW hard mode.

(edited by ImmortalZodd.6871)

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.5024

Chris.5024

Nobody on FA complained last week when we zerged the other servers. Why are people getting upset with Yaks because they have more people out. They are winning, should their players not be allowed to queue? Assuming equal WvW populations on 2 servers, the server who is winning will get more people out than a server that is losing. Here’s the solution: if you’re on FA queue up and zerg them back.

If you can’t find anyone then contact one of the WvW guilds on our server and follow them around. ULTD, PTX, GODS, PRO, ECHO, EE, BSG, KGB, NPO, NICE, PD, BT (sorry if I missed any). I’m sure you’d be able to find a few people to run around with.

Malose
Black Talons Gaming [BT]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.9361

Rob.9361

Where is everyone else at? Just Yaks playing WvW? this is insane like 540 points a tick for Yak. Go FOO and Yaks Alliance

Pastor Chaos [FG]
Guild Master, Forgiven Gaming
Blackgate, US

in WvW

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

Just found a bunch of bots from Yak’s Bend in the water at FA BL. Some of them were part of the guild Elite[ELT], Cupcakes And Butterflies[cute] and Awesome Squad[AS]. If anyone from these guilds would like to know who these guys are to deal with them, I can send you the names. Wouldn’t want these kinds of people in your guild!

in WvW

Posted by: Subtle.4596

Subtle.4596

REALLY good job guys.. Sending over people to waste supplies at DB while you are trying to take it… Can’t win in prime time so you have to play like idiots eh?

Subtle/Not Subtle
80Thief/80Guard
Yaksbend Commander

in WvW

patricide.1062

Just found a bunch of bots from Yak’s Bend in the water at FA BL. Some of them were part of the guild Elite[ELT], Cupcakes And Butterflies[cute] and Awesome Squad[AS]. If anyone from these guilds would like to know who these guys are to deal with them, I can send you the names. Wouldn’t want these kinds of people in your guild!

I don’t recognize any of those guild names. I HATE bots. The only downside to losing badly is the gold farmers don’t hit up your server and fill your queue with freakin’ bots.

[Rawr] – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Quite a few FA were whining during their matchup with TC too. Just sayin’. Whenever they’re not winning, it’s always “you’re only winning because you have more numbers than us” or “you’re only winning because we have to sleep.”

“TC CAN ONLY WIN WHEN THEY PLAY TOO MUCH.” – Random FA player.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

(edited by Usagi.4835)

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

please report them. it is possible and even likely they are not even yaks bend guilds. when a server gains a lead like ours and has good map control from a blowout like this it is common for bots to transfer to that server for the easy and uninterrupted WvW bot farming.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

I like to visit FA threads just to see them complain about fighting TC’s “overwhelming night presence.” I hope we at TC get to fight Yak’s, they don’t seem to complain as much even when losing. I think YB, TC, CD would be a fun fight.

in WvW

patricide.1062

I like to visit FA threads just to see them complain about fighting TC’s “overwhelming night presence.” I hope we at TC get to fight Yak’s, they don’t seem to complain as much even when losing. I think YB, TC, CD would be a fun fight.

SILENCE! The first rule of the Super Secret Zerg Club is do not talk about the Super Secret Zerg Club!!!!1

Seriously, though. I would like to see that match up as well. I think in the end our server may be overwhelmed, but that doesn’t mean who won’t fight like hell. Just be warned, if you come across a keep owned by the Badger Spirits (an alliance guild), just run away. They fight like…. well, like pissed off badgers.

[Rawr] – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Drede.4701

Drede.4701

YB TC CD sounds like a very interesting match-up. Last week showed CD and DH are both strong-willed servers just like Yak’s who won’t quit no matter the score. So even if TC edges out the lead Yak’s and CD wont quit.

The many different ways I can spell Regnilond xD
Guardians of the Creed [HATE]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Severim.7938

Severim.7938

I have been playing a fair amount these past few weeks, and I’m surprised by the number of hacking claims around. I haven’t seen anything that I thought was hacking. Before you cry havoc and release the complaints, I would say:

• “Never ascribe to hacking that which is adequately explained by skill”
  • “Any sufficiently advanced player is indistinguishable from a cheater”

I have a fairly hefty machine and graphics card, and I wonder how many ‘glitchy’ experiences people are reporting because their machines can’t keep up in the heat of battle. Player culling, portal bombs, extended stealth, etc can be explained by a mixture of anet coding and machine performance.

Regarding bandwagoners onto Yak’s to explain our rise through the ranks – I certainly haven’t observed that. What I have observed is a healthy /team chat that is encouraging and supportive, rather than filled with complainers and elitists. Guilds work together for the realm, not in competition with each other – I can’t remember seeing any internal competition within Yak’s ranks, at least on public chat.

Last week’s matchup against CD and DH was fantastic. I think all of us recognised that we were competitive and that our weakness was our asia/euro coverage. No hard feelings were felt, we just acknowledged where we needed to bolster our strength.

Comms and tactics across Yak’s continues to improve. Players are starting to recognise the value of supply chain in WvW – Supply -> Yaks -> Towers/Forts/Keeps. More players are carrying supply. More are carrying siege.

I’m proud of the direction Yak’s is going, and I really don’t want anyone to tarnish our success through claims of hacking or bandwagoners. Likewise within Yak’s we should hold our tongues till the end of next week. If we do move up to Tier 3, we are going to face tough opponents with even better coverage than we have.

Yak’s Bend – Bellenisa (Ele), Bellesina (Thief)

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

Aye, it’s why I love reading Yak’s and CD’s battle threads. TC is a lot like that whenever a tier 2 comes down to womp on us, we often don’t quit. Getting three scrappy servers together would be real fun. I imagine some good coordinated 2v1ing could even put TC down to an even keel against YB and CD; as part of a natural balancing in three way matches, not something to be q.q’d against.

in WvW

freess.6820

bots are here. someone pls kill em for us. we have reported them too.

Attachments:

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Rank 13
Rank 13
Rank 15
Rank 16

It might help to address my whole post. I’m saying there are 3 major factors coming together at the 1 time:

1. YB being wiped by SOR and being put at least a level too low, hence we wiped those at that level and went back up 2 tiers;
2. Better organisation and tactics coming together in the last 3 or so weeks; and
3. Some transfers but not huge amounts.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: DeadAirRT.1324

DeadAirRT.1324

FA stop whining and go back to fighting.

Build on the positives of the first night.

DeadAir – Fort Aspenwood – PRO

in WvW

Posted by: Cybertx.6714

Cybertx.6714

OK. I’ll bite is 8:30 PM CST and there’s no queue in any of the BL maps, except of in EB(5 minutes), yesterday was 30 min for EB and Friday was 10 min for all the maps, we haven’t had any increase in pvp population at least in the last 2 weeks. the queue time had been decreased compared to one or 2 months ago if u look at the charts.

in WvW

Posted by: Drede.4701

Drede.4701

So wombat is saying that Yak’s had a population spike because it jumped 6 spots a couple weeks ago. Well then where are all of FA’s new people using that theory? FA just jumped 5 spots this week…

The many different ways I can spell Regnilond xD
Guardians of the Creed [HATE]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Ordibble.3092

Ordibble.3092

Heh, I took out a bunch of FA bots on the first night I think – even the kitten bots are bandwagoning now Although they have guild names, these are likely to be hacked accounts being used by gold farmers. Guilds could kick them but they’d still be there.

in WvW

wombat.6123

My posts have nothing to do with zergs (I have never mentioned them once, so why YB players bring this up is a mystery).

I apologise if some players are taking my observation that YB’s improvement is mostly a population change, as it wasn’t intended as an insult. Some players, however, seem very defensive about this.

@drede:
I never said Yak’s jumped 6 spots (read more carefully). And FA didn’t jump 5 places last week. We changed by 3 spots, which a lot of servers do each week. Again, it’s poor form to make things up.

However the only servers to have ever moved up 5 spots in one week are Sanctum of Rall (right after it’s huge influx of players in week 43) , and Yak’s Bend (in week 44).

I won’t post on this topic again as it’s derailing the thread and it wasn’t intended as an insult (which YB seem to be taking it as), I was trying to highlight the statistics from past matches and how they correlate to population changes.

Wombling Wombat

(edited by wombat.6123)

in WvW

Posted by: PoiSonPeZ.4286

PoiSonPeZ.4286

“The way to counter this is to ball up in one place and AoE around it. If he can’t hit any of you, he can’t stealth for long and will be forced to either run away or die.”

There’s a problem with the game mechanics when it requires 20 players to stand on top of each other just to capture a supply camp, because of a single opponent.

in WvW

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I hope people don’t assume that FA is represented by a vocal/whining minority. It’s like saying all of Yak’s doesn’t understand Thief mechanics because one guy complained about a C&D Thief defending a point for a large number of minutes against their large zerg.

MMO players being bad sports about losing is old hat. A large number of us are busy not being bad sports and having fun out on the field.

Which is where I’ll be.

Right now.

Fort Aspenwood, ho!

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in WvW

freess.6820

score update….

Attachments:

in WvW

wombat.6123

And responding to other people’s comments, the outmanned buff is not an indication of a server’s population. It is only an indication of how many people are logged into WvW.

Yeah, the outmanned buff isn’t a good indicator of actual WvW player numbers because of bots. You can have only 10 people active but not be outmanned because your server has 30 bots farming kraits or skritts.

Wombling Wombat

in WvW

wombat.6123

I hope people don’t assume that FA is represented by a vocal/whining minority.

Overall I’ve been enjoying this match. Although I’m not sure why Yak’s players think FA are complaining about zergs.

I’ve just read this entire thread and not seen one FA person even mention zergs or complain about being losing because of being outnumbered.

Wombling Wombat

(edited by wombat.6123)

in WvW

Posted by: Subtle.4596

Subtle.4596

Guys, just now, we took craigs and we took Garrison at the same time.

Now – about craigs – we were on the gate.. and a portal appeared besides us – on habit we took the portal. We had NO mezmers inside. The only thing we can think of was a bug where one of YOUR mez dropped it… and for some reason we could use it.

Go take Craig back.

Subtle/Not Subtle
80Thief/80Guard
Yaksbend Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Jan.4830

Jan.4830

I think theres a hacking mesmer around…. If you see if report it guys.

No tolerance for this kind of kitten’s kittten kitten.

Alternatively there’s a new bug with mesmer portals.

Sorry F.A guys, we hate this kind of crap, if we see them we’ll make sure we get them reported/ banned.

Yaks Bend Alliance
Melisande-Warrior