11/2 Fort Aspenwood vs Yak's Bend vs Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Pooka.3420

Pooka.3420

ET Vowed we would clear our home map this week…

We did it!!

On a side note: Any Yaksbend players that know what Team Pooka can do and support it.. Unlike that S-tier alliance leadership… that wants to come play with a new winning team : )

Transfer on Over! We can use you.

1 Player doesn’t have an impact IMO : p

Great Job ET Team!

Way to stay vigilant!

Attachments:

Highbeams(Druid) Pooka Pook(Ranger) – Yaks Bend

(edited by Pooka.3420)

in WvW

Posted by: Ekove.4586

Ekove.4586

On a side note: Any Yaksbend players that know what Team Pooka can do and support it.. Unlike that S-tier alliance leadership… that wants to come play with a new winning team : )

I dont know you but now I think I have an idea why YB players didnt want you

in WvW

Pooka.3420

Let’s correct that.. I left them.. and its true! I’m a terrible player! I’m just teasing Joebane : ) Only good player on that server…..

PS Foo. Come to Pooka

mmmmmm

(edited by Pooka.3420)

in WvW

Posted by: freess.6820

freess.6820

score update….

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Thaliff.6297

Thaliff.6297

ET Vowed we would clear our home map this week…

We did it!!

Great Job ET Team!

Way to stay vigilant!

I’m proud to say I was a part of that triumph yesterday. It happened because people talked and…(I know you won’t believe it but)…listened. Good job guys!

in WvW

Posted by: Erinshaw.8035

Erinshaw.8035

Just wanted to pop in and say:-

What a great week I have had in this match. I have died more often and I have collected more badges. If gaming is about having fun then WvW for all its issues beats anything I have played before. The commitment from all servers to do their best has been tremendous.

ET has had its problems but managed to do what they could well done to you for hanging in there and I hope you numbers rise again in the very near future. I do not like insta server transfers and I know you have been at the wrong end of them.

FA what can I say it has been a blast. The open ground warfare has been tremendous. You have taught us about seige position and whoever mans your trebs and mortars needs medals awarded for their effort this week. I am sure they saved your bacon a few times this week. The game of hide and seek in Oceanic time has been some of the best fun. When we met in open ground there was no pulling back till the last man was dead. Your response times were equal to ours and as the week progressed you numbers increased enough to make it very hard for us. I couldnt care less whether this was due to new arrivals or a change in gaming times you worked at the issue and had positive results. That only bodes well for your future and your server community.

To Yaks Bend in general Hey we were run off our feet plugging holes and getting our points ticking. To our commanders you did a great job I wont mention names you know who you are. We have another match ahead in 12 hours. We have learnt alot this week and we need to move forward. To the troops who committed their time and effort thankyou. We have timezone issues that we are trying to fix but our community is strong and our determination is second to none win or loose.

To ToG thanks everyone who logged in and played this week whether NA or Oceanic. Your enthusiasm and wiilingness to make a difference was inspirational. As the week went on our numbers increased particularily Oceanic time.

To Anet the orbs are gone and rightly so due to hacking imbalances that these caused. However a signifcant part of the challenge was also lost with them so attack was the order of the day and apart from a few epic fights defense went out the window. Please consider replacing the orbs with something that has worth yet not over powered.

The Older Gamers (TOG) wvw guild leader

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Fun week, sadly I just don’t see us taking the lead after the huge deficit we started our comeback push with, but the fact that we were behind a huge amount (I believe 120k at the most?) and turned it into what I predict to be a 40k deficit by the end, is pretty cool.

Anet make Rev great again.

(edited by Wasabi Kitty.8247)

in WvW

Posted by: Hubris.7039

Hubris.7039

Wiideus – Elementalist
Officer – War is Hell [WAR]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Hubris.7039

We have deemed the formation The Lucky Talon. We would have had more but the game wouldn’t allow any more to be laid down. The inner keep looked the same, it’s a shame we had to log before we could use the stuff on the inner. This has been one of the much better matches, thank you YB and especially FA for not giving up.

You should have heard the Mumble chat when we first saw this. We almost pooped ourselves. Great use of seige. slow clap AB was a lot of fun last night.

Wiideus – Elementalist
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Hubris.7039

Just logged off for the night. Too lazy to take the usual screenshots for score updates. FA is leading in potential points. Yaks are still 52k ahead in the overall score. It’s been an interesting evening in Yaks BL. They had trebs set up at garrison to hit the west keep which FA owned. Wall kept coming down with some Yaks coming in only to get killed and not make it very far in. When I left, GODS took east keep and went to try for garrison, but it was too well defended.

Your tactics and speed were great last night. The feints from the East and West kept us on edge for a couple of hours. One of our commanders commented, “I feel like I’m waiting for Hurricane Sandy”. We kept sending out scouts to try and spot zergs, and it was definitely a challenge to keep up with your mobility.

Wiideus – Elementalist
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Regrets of Sini.6083

Regrets of Sini.6083

As FA player I enjoyed all other matchups way more than this week. This was really a week of zerg, and I hope against all odds that it will return to smaller team format.

I personally enjoy roaming with a small squads, killing off struggles and provoking “wrath of zerg” so whole enemy team has to show up to clear out 5 guys.

in WvW

Posted by: Stonesolid.2706

Stonesolid.2706

lol @ ET.. I spent a lot of last night going “WTF, did they just disappear?” The mass logout thing is probably one of the greatest things I’ve seen in awhile. NINJA MAGIC!

All in all some good fights this matchup, wish I coulda been in there more. Here’s looking forward to a good next week.

To YB and ET: thanks for all the great skirmishes. I wish everyone lots of luck for the matches ahead!

Stonesolid – Sylvari Mesmer
Member of Unlimited [ULTD]
Fort Aspenwood’s Force of Chaos

in WvW

Posted by: SausageStorm.4293

SausageStorm.4293

Let’s correct that.. I left them.. and its true! I’m a terrible player! I’m just teasing Joebane : ) Only good player on that server…..

PS Foo. Come to Pooka

mmmmmm

Lol Pooka

Everyone on YB knew you were a good player. A huge number of us just hated you because you’re a dickhead that doesn’t know how to keep his mouth shut/go keyboard warrior on everyone who said something to you. Than even went and used the “I’m bipolar” excuse which was funny as hell.

But hey if ET can put up with you, good for them.

Pooka player skill – high
Pooka people skill – low

in WvW

Posted by: Zilm.8459

Zilm.8459

Sausage speaks the truth.

Zed Trufar, Mesmer
Zaine Trufar, Thief
Yak’s Bend, Knights and Heroes Guild [Beer]

in WvW

Posted by: Subtle.4596

Subtle.4596

I have to admit.. I do miss having Pooka on the server.. Fun fellow to chill with – WHEN SOBER – You get about 15-20 beers in him and… well I saw him make the one of the most calm person i have ever met on the internet rage.

Subtle/Not Subtle
80Thief/80Guard
Yaksbend Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Blood Chillin.5047

Blood Chillin.5047

I just got to say, myself and my friends got to witness Pooka’s wonderful people skills this evening.

He kept raving and ranting about how he was going to get us banned for life and to say “bibi” (I am not even joking.. he actually said bibi instead of bye bye.).. I have never met him before, never spoken to him on mumble but I kitten sure as hell know that he acts like a bloody 12 year old.

I transferred over from Sea of Sorrows just yesterday and if this is the kind of attitude that I have to be dealing with everytime I go do some WvW. I would rather go play on YB just for the chance to stomp him.

I dont doubt his WvW skill or anything. But like its been said before, he talks to much for his own good.

in WvW

Hubris.7039

The fat lady is warming up.

Assuming ET stays around 85/cycle, which is reasonable, FA would have to hold at 475/cycle until reset, and keep YB down to 140/cycle, which is not reasonable.

(income as of 6 hours ago , 6am EST, was YB450/c FA160/c ET85/c) http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/40

Thank you, FA, for fighting like champions. You taught us a great deal about using Mesmer Bombs, and your coordination was excellent. I hope to fight you again soon.

Wiideus – Elementalist
Yak’s Bend

(edited by Hubris.7039)

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

^Did you calculate that for FA winning or FA maintaining a higher rating. The latter determines who goes up a tier and may be easier to obtain for FA. Yaks is ahead 51-52k in score, but 19 ahead in the projected rating. Both are improbable for FA at this point regardless.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: Wystler.6871

Wystler.6871

I just wanted to say what an awesome week I’ve had in WVW! YB great job, some great players and tactics. I always enjoyed the fights and learned a lot of new tricks. ET wish you guys were around more but the fights at the end of the week were great as well wish you all the best in the coming weeks. I truly do hope we get to play against YB again.. I haven’t stayed up as late as I have this week without noticing what time it was in a long time…5am creeped up very fast=-) To all the guilds and players on FA I’m proud to be a part of this server…even though we have had some rough spots we managed to pull together everytime and give it our all! Again TY YB and ET for a great week kinda sad it’s over and I hope the coming weeks prove to be as much of a challenge and as fun as this one.

Wynter Coldmoon Elementalist GODS

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

It has been a great match. Last night everyone was still going strong. I think the best thing for all servers may have been seeing the ability to turn the tides, which makes you want to keep coming back. On all fronts – ET doing great despite it’s population advantage; Yak’s getting a lead from the weekend and doing some great fights to maintain it; FA falling behind but fighting tooth and nail to catch back up. The WvWvW dynamic was different (at least in my head) and I think that was breath of fresh air for everyone. Yay to no orbs creating landslides I’d say.

All that said. Is anyone able to provide a score update by chance?

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

Posted by: Aluminum.6982

Aluminum.6982

I would like to also say great fun with FA and ET this week and hop to battle both again soon. I tend not to post much but had to say hats off to both teams for this weeks battles.
See you all on the battle field and good luck to you on the next week.

Corrupted Wingnut – Necro.
Or any of the Wingnut family.
(One) Yaks Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: Daedalus.3954

Daedalus.3954

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, this week was a blast. Heavy early lead from YB brought the best out of FA, man. We pulled no punches and came out with some serious intensity and fought to close the gap. I can speak for all of ULTD, and I think FA, when I say great matchup, hope to see YB again soon.

Cheers to future battles.

Commander Kaena Godsfire – Guardian
Server – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: FireRunner.9481

FireRunner.9481

Great fight this round between FA and Yaks. FA was able to get back into the game and almost win the round, but late Wednesday and Thursday Yaks seemed determined not to lose. At 10pm EST on Thursday the score already showed it wasn’t mathematically possible for FA to catch up. FA would have needed to keep a constant 500 points for 23 hours to win.

Regardless, great fun on both sides. I think if FA didn’t fall back so quick on Saturday and Sunday we would have rallied to win it by Friday. Good fighting and strategy on both sides.

Now, if only we can get a round where THREE servers are equally active in WvW.

80 Asura Ranger – Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

I don’t know if YB and FA will see each other again. It seems possible that we could flip flop between 3 and 4. Though I think there is some reason for optimism that we can show better against CD than last time.

I’m not sure if DH or HoD can put up a good fight vs FA, though DH usually fights hard.

Has FA played TC yet, I think so, what is the lowdown on their strengths?

in WvW

Haldunius.7864

TC has a good N/A primetime force and some very good off-peak coverage. They will come out of the restart running and won’t stop for quite a while. They’ve been dominating T3 for the last two weeks. Not sure what the exact weak spot is, but I think I saw them looking for some more Oceanics. Their population is good folks.

They are also the unofficial RP server. My buddy and I actually think that lends them an intangible benefit because they are trying to actually “act” like a military force, which we think creates more discipline in the ranks (i.e. fewer schmoe’s running around being worthless).

FA Mesmo – [VK]

in WvW

Posted by: Baazutai.4807

Baazutai.4807

I would like to say, I didn’t see your Euro guilds do to much. Oh sure the influx of players made life harder, but running to where you leave still seemed to paint things Badger Blue in most cases.
PRO (both of them) have been face bashing with us all week. It’s been fun, and I’ve enjoyed it. You let us try out a plethora of tactics.
Favorite moment: 40 people getting stalled at a tower being defended by 9 people. Priceless. That and ninjaing DB keep last night (November after sitting our mesmer inside the keep for several hours, portaling in, dropping our Guild Golem, then watching as FABL slowly turned Blue.
I left after we capped the Garrison, and I must say the battle inside was awesome. PRO and friends vs BS and TOG all over the inner keep. The upper levels, the middle, outside. Outnumbered: they made a huge fight of it.

ET, I am proud you showed some presence the last day. It was nice to see.

FA, way to go, and from the entire Yaks Bend commander corps, thank you for the battle. We look forward to fighting you again soon.

Badger Spirits, Den Master
Yaks Bend Alliance

in WvW

Haldunius.7864

I don’t really want to restart this again, but as we’ve all said before, the Euro guilds haven’t joined yet. As a result, it is incredibly difficult to nearly impossible for them to have any physical effect on the match.

As of last update, the Euro guilds haven’t even finalized the move so there’s still the possibility it doesn’t happen – though I hope it does.

FA Mesmo – [VK]

in WvW

Posted by: Daedalus.3954

Daedalus.3954

I have to agree with Haldunis, I hope for the best in their decision.

That aside can we get a map/points update! Some of us still have 5 hours on this shift! Need mah fix.

Commander Kaena Godsfire – Guardian
Server – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

its about
295k – Yaks
247k – FA
54k – ET

potential points
310 – FA
205 – Yaks
180 – ET

i’m actually interested in where ET is going. they are within 2 rating points of dragonbrand and as such could swap with them and move down 2 brackets.

-Desirz Matheon

(edited by fivekiller.1432)

in WvW

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

My favourite moment of last night was our PTX group (plus a couple of roamers) Ninja-ing Hills keep in Yaks BL in about 12 minutes flat. So much fun. We got through 2 walls and to the Guild Claimer before your response hit us.

That and the portal bomb to save a tower from the YB group that were already through the gate when we got there.

Great co-ordination and sound strategies >> Zerg mentality

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Joiry.2504

Joiry.2504

I don’t know if YB and FA will see each other again. It seems possible that we could flip flop between 3 and 4. Though I think there is some reason for optimism that we can show better against CD than last time.

I’m not sure if DH or HoD can put up a good fight vs FA, though DH usually fights hard.

Has FA played TC yet, I think so, what is the lowdown on their strengths?

We fought them 2 weeks in a row. First it was BG/TC/FA – just after the BG infusion, so both TC and Ft. A got stomped. For some reason TC seemed to think we dragged them down further in that fight.

Week after, it was TC/FA/and some low tier server that pretty much never showed. TC farmed their borderland to rack up a high margin of victory (it was constantly nearly totally owned by TC whenever I was on). We matched up closer in NA prime time against TC, but their off peak was vastly better than ours.

Weakness? Hmmm, I guess as the RP server, they view themselves as honorable and never-say-die fighters. If you slight this attitude at all, well, they can be touchy about it. In general they seem like decent folk, except Crusaders of the Tarnished Coast. CoTC seems to like corpse dancing, spawn camping, and doing things like /point /laugh when there’s five of you forced back behind the BL spawn point gates, and there’s 30 TC waiting outside.

in WvW

Posted by: Denim Samurai.2379

Denim Samurai.2379

I just wish we could get some people to the BLs. The other day it was just me v. 5-10 ET and I held them as long as I could as they slowly rolled through our towers.

in WvW

Posted by: rhonyn.6810

rhonyn.6810

RE:TC experience

TC’s will to fight has been broken before (SoR).

Yak I would encourage your guilds to “no-life/gold dump” the reset/weekend again and you many do the same.

Failing that I would xfer a toon or two to TC to set up a pirate RP event to pull some folks off the maps

They were numerous and have/had a large off-peak population (at least relative to us)

in WvW

Posted by: lessurl.6107

lessurl.6107

I’ve been following this thread all week, but kept out of the “discussions” whilst a couple of minority players on either side (YB and FA) did their best to make the rest of us look bad.

Now the week is (almost) over I thought I would chime in with my appreciation for this weeks action. Unfortunately my lone encounter with anyone from ET was a solo thief who attempted to kill our doly as it headed into our SW tower in YB borderlands yesterday so I don’t have a lot of first hand experience against them. I do have to say though that I admire that despite being heavily outnumbered they did keep up the fight and apart from early in the week always seemed to have a presence in their own BL.

As to FA, some great fights have been had all week. We have learnt a lot from many of your guilds/players. You are excellent at disrupting supply and make extensive good use of siege equipment. A particular shout out to PRO for this, I think it was Wednesday this week I logged on in the day to white crossed swords over Dawn’s in our BL (I am in the UK so I’m meaning afternoon here). When I went to investigate I found 2 rams on the door, jumping inside I was thankful to find plenty of siege up (whoever from Yaks decked out dawns that morning, I thank you!). I destroyed the rams with a ballista and thought that would be the end of it, but more PRO arrived (from a supply camp I guess) and they started to throw siege up all over the place. I was frantically running around using different siege in the tower to kill each piece but you were throwing it up faster than I could destroy it. The tower was only saved because eventually enough people responded to my messages in /t.

This was a pattern of many FA attacks, lots of siege being thrown up rapidly. Yesterday we defended the SW tower in our borderlands (PRO were there again but I don’t know if it was a proper guild group). We only held because we eventually got the numbers to push out, through the course of the siege I think I saw a total of about 2 trebs, 6+ catapults, 2+rams, 4+ ballistas and maybe some arrowcarts being up at various times (not all at once thankfully!) with us trying to play whack a mole taking each down as fast as we could with hit and run or suicide charges.

Anyway, in summary, I just wanted to say great fights FA, I hear mention of you having a lot of fair weather players but from my experience your core WvW force atleast never gives up (honorable mentions to PRO, ULTD, BT and GODS as guild names I’ve learned to keep an eye on, apologies to any FA guilds I’ve not mentioned, I’m sure there are more of you that stand out just these are the names that I currently remember). Be that when you are behind in a match, or if a keep appears lost. You always make a final stand and have often managed to repell an attack even when all walls/doors are breached. I was in the fight to take your garrison already mentioned a couple of posts ago and I think a lot of us thought that once we got inside it would be a quick cap, but the players you had in there put up an awesome fight.

Vallurl[TOG] – Elementalist – Yak’s Bend
Valless[TOG] – Necromancer – Yak’s Bend
Vallrior[TOG] – Warrior – Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Kratic.8763

Kratic.8763

Thanks everyone for the great games! Hopefully we can continue growing and rise back up in the ranks eventually. Until then, good luck in your new brackets!

250 years later, still haven’t forgotten…

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Yep, thanks to FA for a great match and ET.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in WvW

Pooka.3420

What a match! Thanks to all the YB players and FA Players! Outstanding effort to keep this one close!

ET! I’m extremely proud of your efforts this week! You changed the tide of battle many times, and stood your ground against overwhelming odds! You proved that realm pride does matter!

in WvW

Posted by: Baazutai.4807

Baazutai.4807

Way to go everyone, I liked seeing ET actually show up, it was awesome. And FA did a great job pressing us. It was a hard victory, and we had lots of nice ninjas and tons of really hard fighting.
Well played all, and I hope to see you all again. I really hope ET crawls up to us in the ranks so we can fight them in a higher tier.

Badger Spirits, Den Master
Yaks Bend Alliance