Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

NEWL guys are cool guys.

Gate of Madness

11/23: BP/AR/GOM Matchup

in WvW

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

Had a jolly time with a bunch of friends ganking BP all over EB last night. If you catch them unorganized they’re total push overs…it’s only when you run into the team speak ones that things get hairy.

in WvW

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

i thought they where always unorganized.

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

woke up this morning to GOMBL being completely green, BPBL being completely green, ARBL being completely blue.
getting sick of this teaming nonsense. seen it enough to deduce it isn’t coincidence.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Posted by: Nsidiously iNsane.8195

Nsidiously iNsane.8195

Really enjoying this week guys. I’ve taken a break this week to farm up for my commanders, but maybe you’ll see me here and there, leveling up my alts. Keep up the good work, everyone, and know that GoM is close to attaining the level of organization we so desperately need.

Art of Stealth [AoS]- Gate of Madness
Saint Nsidious (Warrior)-Insidious Xx (Necromancer)

in WvW

Posted by: Nanashi.5704

Nanashi.5704

woke up this morning to GOMBL being completely green, BPBL being completely green, ARBL being completely blue.
getting sick of this teaming nonsense. seen it enough to deduce it isn’t coincidence.

AR has more defenders then GoM, its only common sense to hit GoM BL with little resistance for the points then it is to attack AR who actually has defenders. If it was teaming then there would be blue on some of GoM BL. Dont be paranoid about teaming, you’re just the weakest link and easiest targets.

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

AR has more defenders then GoM, its only common sense to hit GoM BL with little resistance for the points then it is to attack AR who actually has defenders. If it was teaming then there would be blue on some of GoM BL. Dont be paranoid about teaming, you’re just the weakest link and easiest targets.

we’re the weakest targets because of transfers. you’re the weakest targets when i get you alone.
if you want to call what i was seeing last night paranoia, for example, AR showing up with a zerg when BP’s failed and vice versa then that’s fine with me. BP will fall off their high horse when they move up, so do what you want.
GoM has been down so long we’re almost taking a liking to being kicked while we are.

in WvW

Posted by: Flayfirst.4735

Flayfirst.4735

Bottom line: someone has to win and someone has to lose, if people want to be whiners because they lost, it is their prerogative. When we move up and if we get crushed, I am sure we won’t whine and rage-quit. We will stay on it, because its the only way we can get better. I have played since launch and wvw for about 4 weeks, other than the first week when I didn’t know what the hell was going on, I was there through the stomping. We are much better organized thanks to the alliance, with clear objectives. Do we have some db commanders? Yeah! There is one with a huge hard on for the GOM, keep in EB. Many of us know what needs to be done, and if a call pops up in chat we usually get support. For the most part our roaming groups are self sufficient, we have successfully defended out keeps without commanders and as little as 5 players with some siege. We also contribute to upgrades, it is silly that we should expect the alliance to pay for them, I have heard justice and diash comment that they have received many donations. All in all, we are getting more organized, something I think we need to compete in a higher tier, so if you feel that is having more people than that’s your view. IMHO it is BP getting organized.

Flayfirst – Borlis Pass – clan DNA
Extremely brittle thief, but fun to play

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

I know we are in a 3 way battle, but why would {NEX} from GoM stop one person on AR from hitting a BP target? You guys working for BP? Would have been a lot smarter to let me take the door/wall down on the tower and take it yourself then to do everything you could to get to me and stop me from hitting the walls.

Attachments:

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

in WvW

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

lightsbane just ignore them ive seen more small groups of gom members take out zergs 3x there size. the thing is we don’t brag on the forum about it with SS. i guess we should start posting are 1vs12’s and 3vs 20 screen shots like these children. but of course we would all be banned for spamming lol

in WvW

Lightsbane.9012

I know we are in a 3 way battle, but why would {NEX} from GoM stop one person on AR from hitting a BP target? You guys working for BP? Would have been a lot smarter to let me take the door/wall down on the tower and take it yourself then to do everything you could to get to me and stop me from hitting the walls.

why would BP zerg something that you failed to? just happened at redbriar. oh wait, just happened again. AR zerged something bp failed to

(edited by Lightsbane.9012)

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

@Lightsbane I was the only person there at the time, no zerg, just me and a group of 5 GoM there. Why would they make taking a point harder for themselves is the question. If BP holds a tower, and 1 AR is hitting it with a catapult, why would anyone with half a brain take out the one thing that’s doing damage to a common enemy. Point is, this GoM group was defending a BP held tower. Red armor defending Green towers makes very little sense.

Attachments:

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

If you try to make sense out of things people do, it will drive you mad. For example when an AR zerg shows up and wipes the GoM zerg trying to take our keep in EB that BP holds. GoM had nothing in EB and are sitting in a distant third. So whats the arguement for it??

Happy with a distant second I guess? See we can all do it.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: RonnyRaygun.5692

RonnyRaygun.5692

I am looking for guilds who want to join AR to start destroying BP. If you are on GoM, please hit me for info on transferring, the only way we gunna beat them is by merging our servers ourselves

Commander Ronny Raygun
[TCMM] The Culpeper Minute Men Leader
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Plok.6145

Plok.6145

And it doesn’t help that one of our former Commanders joined Borlis and probably spilled how we play.
s

DUDE! Take him back! I would not let that guy command my boats in the bath tub!

Could not figure out to just take a force underneath the trebs and kill them, was like the blind leading the blind, I think you have one less problem with this guy gone GoM.

Sincerely,

Commander Plok The Original Leader of Shadow of Agony [GOAT]

in WvW

Posted by: Derako.3856

Derako.3856

And it doesn’t help that one of our former Commanders joined Borlis and probably spilled how we play.
s

DUDE! Take him back! I would not let that guy command my boats in the bath tub!

Could not figure out to just take a force underneath the trebs and kill them, was like the blind leading the blind, I think you have one less problem with this guy gone GoM.

Wow! Thats a harsh reaction to a guy who JUST transfered to your server. At least give him some time to learn how you BP guys operate.

From GoM to Kaineng.
Ex-member of Ábsolute ínsaníty [Áí]
Veteran of Rethesis [RE]

in WvW

Posted by: Metryn.8476

Metryn.8476

You guys can cry the numbers game all day, but here’s AR’s real problems.

1. You don’t upgrade.
2. You don’t mesmer sweep.
3. You don’t coordinate.
4. You stick yourself hard to fighting one well defended point instead of moving on to weaker ones.
5. You put your full zerg into area, while leaving too few defenders.

Really, you can come up with all the excuses you want, but you JUST AREN’T THAT GOOD.

BP Commanders aggressively recruit PvE players to WvW. I see it every day. It’s not mass transfers, it’s pulling people out of PvE. Even individual players spend money on siege and upgrades. Our best tactic (I won’t mention it), still doesn’t get countered by AR. It’s sad when I can take a group of 3 PUG’s and start taking towers/keeps.

GoM has a good reason for complaining about numbers. AR/BP both target them for being the weakest target, as well as the fact that they can’t field as many players.

If AR spent the time on improving that they do on QQ’ing…they’d probably win. The fact that for the most part you can keep up (even as poorly as you organize and manage your bases) with BP shows that the numbers we have really aren’t that much different.

I love it when the alliance has multiple commanders directing things for BP, it’s quite a thing to watch. It falls into place and we win.

If you’ve ever played LoL then you know the fastest way to get better, is to admit the problem is YOU.

edit I also forgot one of my favorite things to do. Tear down any walls on any towers/keeps/garrisons and watch AR burn out every bit of supply in that building. Then all you have to do is deny them supply camps/yaks and they can’t even defend.

Works like a charm.

(edited by Metryn.8476)

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

@Met, totally agree with that assessment and I’m on AR. I’ve been on this server for 3 weeks now and things are just, well, in a nice way filled with puppet commanders.

I always thought BP was kinda squishy in small packs….it’s the strength in numbers that cause facerolls. And, I remember when BP was down in Tier 8 several times and were the “big” server for that bracket with constant up and down moments.

There’s obviously a ‘huge’ zerg mentality….tho a shout out for the 3 man guild that made sure I knew not everyone believes in that (I didn’t catch the guild name the other day). Upgrading is getting better, but to quote a commander tonight…“Well there’s no point staying here because we can’t claim bay for our BUFFS”. You know who you are, and that’s just being idiotic. Okay, so you’ve got 200 peeps and you get like 20k influence a night in WVW. I’ve got 46 peeps, field 45% or greater of our members in WVW most nights, and we’re pulling about 5k influence an evening. We’re building up still, but we’d never tell our map that we’re pulling out because we couldn’t put buffs in a keep or whatever. Plus all the crap about who spent what gold and how much over X amount of time. Please don’t go there as lots of people spend gold over keeps/towers/camps to be taken 10 mins later or within a 24 hour period and they do it again night after night. The alliance aren’t the only ones that supply things to this server, so come off the high horse. And, as far as that goes, I hear many peeps in the alliance are originally from GoM anyways….so really how does that work out?

I’ve always felt that quality over quantity is a better result, but this server is like the kid that’s been told they were stupid their whole life….they believe they can’t do it because a few guilds with super inflated ego’s have told them they can’t.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Bearded.6485

Bearded.6485

Nice fights on BP borderlands tonight, was fun. Almost got your Garrison twice. Nice work on reinforcing it both times just as we were about to cap it. Also nice assult on our Garrison, you got close, but we got there from your Bay just in time. :-) When I left your map was back too all green. we will be back in a day or 2. ;-)

in WvW

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

So since we just beat them even when they teamed up, and we had fewer people what’s the complaint going to be now?

in WvW

Posted by: Bearded.6485

Bearded.6485

LOL @ the person who is complaining about people on AR not working together, who set up a treb the other night in Wildcreek (using supply from the tower while we were upgrading it)to treb GOM’s Stonemist while everyone else was trying to get into BP’s keep.

For what its worth, He was wrong when he said that about the Buffs, and not all of us left. Several of us stayed and repaired both gates at Garrison. The Alliance has someone on every map during peak hours. The reason we were at Garrison when he said that, was because we had someone on the server TS at Garrison informing us as to what the gates were at. We were busy taking BP’s bay and hopped back to help save Garrison as soon as we capped it. He was upset because we cant seem to get people to understand that you get nothing out of claiming a keep unless the guild claiming the keep has buffs running. We were running all the BUFF’s if we would have been able to claim Garrison we would have been able to make it easier for a smaller force to defend. While we hopped back over to BP to defend Bay which we just capped.

We understand that not every alliance can pull enough infleunce to run buffs all the time, thats why we try to run them. Different Guilds in the alliance will run them at different times. If TCMM cant run them, then ALS, WAR, LITH, SOS, ect. will. There is not a single guild in the Alliance that does what is best for them, they do what is best for the server. But it gets frustrating, when you have the few who want to see there banner on a keep just because it looks pretty, or who consistantly takes supply from the keep when you are upgrading it, or rebuild that reinforced gate which is only at 90% instead of the seige right beside it. Dont forget the people who upgrade a keep by first buying a merchant, not a second worker or reinforced walls, but a MERCHANT!

Like I said before He was wrong, but you are also wrong to come here and bad mouth the people in AR that are trying to make it better. He is no where close to being perfect, but he has been the only person in AR to step up and try to organize everyone, get them working together, and get them to play smarter. And it is showing in how the server is doing and the new guilds that are moving to AR because they want to work with the Alliance.

Stop pointing at the hole in the boat and grab a bucket, Please!

(edited by Bearded.6485)

in WvW

Posted by: Crescen.8904

Crescen.8904

I’d like to be one of the first to congratulate AR on losing 10? golems in the lord room of BP lowlands keep. I’m extra impressed that you had to take advantage of a flaw in the geometry to get a mesmer inside for portals. Not a single one of the outer gates was down, and don’t try to claim you had a mesmer inside already…we all know you didn’t.

in WvW

Posted by: Crescen.8904

Crescen.8904

Actually, I now know exactly where Anvil is taking advantage of geometry – just watched some of you try for round 2 of bypassing the outer gate completely.

in WvW

Posted by: Hymnosi.5928

Hymnosi.5928

There is 1 person on our server that I’d congratulate for being responsible for about 40% of our current score. He diligently calls out to players grinding PvE to WvW in time of need, so often that we have a word for it now. Not a day goes by when I don’t get ’daiosho’d’ mid dungeon.

Seriously dude, you’ve no idea how much you’re effecting the server, congrats.

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer
Commander of Phantom Core [CORE] on Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Actually, I now know exactly where Anvil is taking advantage of geometry – just watched some of you try for round 2 of bypassing the outer gate completely.

Using an exploit (mass reported btw) and still failing to capture the Keep. Hopefully something actually gets done about it since we all know Anvil Rock will continue to use every exploit they can, because everything they’ve done so far hasn’t helped them improve past this tier. Better luck next week AR, we’ll miss you… but not really.

War Legend Lu Bu – Commander
[WäR] Warband of Absolute Retribution
Borlis Pass

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

BP complaining about bypassing terrain is funny considering that there have been picture posted from previous matches of BP doing exactly that. As far as saying AR doesn’t upgrade or defend or mesmer sweep that’s hardly true. All my guild does is upgrade areas and defend. Today we picked Durios, knew it was going to be a challenging location, but held it for over 8 hours. We were happy that we held it that long.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Plok.6145

Plok.6145

There is 1 person on our server that I’d congratulate for being responsible for about 40% of our current score. He diligently calls out to players grinding PvE to WvW in time of need, so often that we have a word for it now. Not a day goes by when I don’t get ’daiosho’d’ mid dungeon.

Seriously dude, you’ve no idea how much you’re effecting the server, congrats.

He knows and so do we appreciate what he does for the server

Sincerely,

Commander Plok The Original Leader of Shadow of Agony [GOAT]

in WvW

Posted by: Wispy.8679

Wispy.8679

BP complaining about bypassing terrain is funny considering that there have been picture posted from previous matches of BP doing exactly that.

Which pictures? They either show a small group of individuals who exploited into hills which none of the commanders and major guild support, or a tower which did not find the mesmer which then just portaled everyone up. I’m not saying BP does not hav exploiters, and to think AR and GoM or any server doesn’t either is naive. For example a certain guild from AR a couple days ago exploited into the Lord room in hills in BP borderland but you don’t see posts about it because the actions of a few don’t represent the many.

The point I am trying to make here is that what has been happening today at BP lowlands keep is a pre-meditated sanctioned exploit from the entirety of the AR server that was on at the time, it wasn’t just a couple people no one likes. AR even spent the time to build golems for it, this widespread abuse of land exploitation from a server is different to what has been happening the past couple weeks and I am saddened to see it. I would like to see what a person from AR who was online at the time has to say about it because I am curious how they were all convinced into exploiting.

This didn’t even happen once, it was attempted 4 times today. I know many from AR don’t exploit or hack so please tell those who did to stop.

On a side note, the past 2 days we have been getting people spamming useless seige (11 rams in lowlands keep lord room yesterday) to make our server hit the seige cap, if anyone knows who is doing this or asked them to do it, tell them to stop. Winning is not that important that things like these are necessary is it?

[VoTF] – votf-online.net/

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

@wwfam

This is the September release of queue times data, back when both servers had higher populations, and before multiple AR guilds left the server. Even then, BP had an overall queue time (means full maps) than did AR.

Click the spoiler tag for both AR, and BP.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/794-official-world-vs-world-queue-size-data/

I think the most recent one was taken down, days after it was released, but showed Anvil Rock only getting queue times once, on “one map” for a 30 minute time span, while Borlis Pass had queue times for at least 13 times, on “two maps” for roughly 11 hours in that four day sample.

When I came over to Anvil Rock from Henge of Denravi because of 7 hour queue times, during its peak, I saw a lot of people leave the server, including the initial alliance Anvil Rock had because they were pitting Anvil Rock against servers that initially fought Henge of Denravi, and shouldn’t have been in the same tier, you know during the same time Borlis Pass always took third place?

Borlis Pass has become more organized, but you can not disregard your growth in numbers, at a time Anvil Rock has seen a major reduction in numbers. Even worse, and I feel sorry for them; Gates of Madness has seen the worse decline in numbers, second only to Eredon Terrace, who went from a High Populated server, to a Medium Populated server in the span of two weeks.

Borlis Pass has gained guilds from Anvil Rock, Gates of Madness, and Jade Quarry, the guild coming over from Jade Quarry was there fighting us on Henge of Denravi at pre-launch, and know their tactics well. They’re probably a big part of the change that has happened to Borlis Pass in regards to coordination, and participation.

All that said, there are four WvW maps, and because of this it is a numbers game. If we can’t field a full map of players, enough to earn a queue time when you’re hitting Anvil Rock, we are going to lose the point race when Borlis Pass can also field an equal number of players in Gates of Madness borderlands, and still have a large enough force to take points of interest in Eternal Battlegrounds. That’s where the issue of population comes into play.

You’ll fully understand when you go up a tier, and meet a server who I know for a fact has superior numbers to yours at all hours. When you witness it like we have, you’ll understand.

For the most part I really don’t care, because once I’m done leveling my fifth 80, I’m probably going to rejoin my alliance. I came to the lower populated servers because doing camp/karma runs for experience, and enough karma to get exotic gear on a new 80 is far, far faster when you don’t have to race others on your server to those camps.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

(edited by jkctmc.8754)

in WvW

jkctmc.8754

@Wispy

I would like to see some screenshots of this happening. I’m almost betting someone figured the exploit out that was done to us last matchup, and decided to utlize it repeatedly in frustration because it was used against us.

Last matchup Anvil Rock experienced Borlis Pass members late night/early morning taking Hills, Lowlands, and Bay without ever taking gates down, and this didn’t happen one night, but several.

When we brought it up, you guys told us we were lying, that we were just making stuff up, so a group of 10 got together, and took a fully upgraded Borlis Pass Hills to show you no, we were not making it up. Once we showed you what happened to us, other members of Borlis Pass finally got it, and quit acting ill against us.

If I ever catch anyone, regardless of server using an exploit, I’ll report them. But to say a lot of people on Anvil Rock knew about it, just isn’t true, and isn’t fair to say. The entire alliance on Anvil Rock would not support such actions. Your accusations are not welcomed, and if you’re going to make such a sweeping generalization, provide screenshots of it happening.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in WvW

Posted by: mischwoof.9785

mischwoof.9785

This matchup has been fun like the others, but unfortunately the current state of GoM has really ended a big portion of the entertainment value for us. While all the talk about servers doing better by refining their tactics might have some truth to it, the scores are without a doubt due to current server populations.

It’s sad, but GoM has really become a ghost server, and the few people that are left figure that fractals and such are much less a waste of time than wuvwuv.

We at NEWL have been native GoMians since launch thus far, but unfortunately we’re seriously considering a transfer :<

Nisha The Medicat [NEWL] | Lv. 80 Engineer | Dragonbrand

in WvW

GSSBlunaspike.4153

@wwfam

This is the September release of queue times data, back when both servers had higher populations, and before multiple AR guilds left the server. Even then, BP had an overall queue time (means full maps) than did AR.
etc…

So in essence you flat out lied. Or is there a link to a dev post I missed

Incase you forgot what you wrote, here it is again.

They need to just move them up a tier, they’re the ONLY server the devs said doesn’t have a population issue, in the lower tiers.

We are still waiting on a source.

in WvW

Wispy.8679

Wait so you have been basing this off of data from 2 months ago? As far as the JQ guild that transferred they have really simply kept to themselves, not a bad thing, but to base our improvement on them is insulting, the alliance and everyone who wvw’s has worked very hard over the past few weeks to get it to where it is now, please for once recognise that.

Of course BP has had transfers, every server who is winning their wvw matchup will always get transfers, but the numbers you think we have is quite silly. We have really high numbers on reset day, queues on a couple maps, but throughout the week we are still very vulnerable to peak and off peak hours. If BP was the massive behemoth of a server that the WvW threads seem to make it out to be, there would be more action in the AR and GoM BLs but atm that only happens in peak hours.

I’m trying to be respectful here but you have done nothing but insult BP or disregard any comment we make. For a few weeks we were constantly bouncing between this and the bottom tier, we know what it is like to be outnumbered and don’t think it will be some revelation to us and praise you for your struggle these weeks. Fact is, both GoM and AR have put up a terrific fight, especially GoM who has seen a severe population drop; both when they have more and less numbers and to have such close scores in wvw for a change has been really refreshing, but I can also say that most of BP is looking forward to moving up a tier, the atmosphere here has become competitive to a fault and the negativity towards each other is quite ridiculous.

As a side note, congratulations to those who have been spamming siege to make us hit the cap, we have been at the cap for a couple hours now and have been forced into trying to hit gates down. I should take some screenshots, you’ll find some rams in the darndest places.

in WvW

jkctmc.8754

@wwfam

etc…

They need to just move them up a tier, they’re the ONLY server the devs said doesn’t have a population issue, in the lower tiers.

<face palm>

I did not lie. Do you not understand how to read graphs? You’re correct, I did say the “devs said”, which meant they said by showing us graphs that demonstrated the issue with servers, and populations, most importantly long queue times on the upper tier servers.

Those long queue times is what forced players like me off the better, more populated servers to dwell with the common folk (this is a joke, which you’ll probably take as an insult) so that I didn’t have to deal with insanely long queue times. Hell, I know entire alliances who moved because of it.

I’ve looked again, but it seems the recent charts have been removed, but I’m sure someone out there captured them when they were up. I’ll look when I have more itme, but in the meantime, you can spin it however you like to make yourself feel good, and continue to deny your superior numbers.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

(edited by jkctmc.8754)

in WvW

jkctmc.8754

Wait so you have been basing this off of data from 2 months ago? As far as the JQ guild that transferred they have really simply kept to themselves, not a bad thing, but to base our improvement on them is insulting, the alliance and everyone who wvw’s has worked very hard over the past few weeks to get it to where it is now, please for once recognise that.

Of course BP has had transfers, every server who is winning their wvw matchup will always get transfers, but the numbers you think we have is quite silly. We have really high numbers on reset day, queues on a couple maps, but throughout the week we are still very vulnerable to peak and off peak hours. If BP was the massive behemoth of a server that the WvW threads seem to make it out to be, there would be more action in the AR and GoM BLs but atm that only happens in peak hours.

I’m trying to be respectful here but you have done nothing but insult BP or disregard any comment we make. For a few weeks we were constantly bouncing between this and the bottom tier, we know what it is like to be outnumbered and don’t think it will be some revelation to us and praise you for your struggle these weeks. Fact is, both GoM and AR have put up a terrific fight, especially GoM who has seen a severe population drop; both when they have more and less numbers and to have such close scores in wvw for a change has been really refreshing, but I can also say that most of BP is looking forward to moving up a tier, the atmosphere here has become competitive to a fault and the negativity towards each other is quite ridiculous.

As a side note, congratulations to those who have been spamming siege to make us hit the cap, we have been at the cap for a couple hours now and have been forced into trying to hit gates down. I should take some screenshots, you’ll find some rams in the darndest places.

Reread what I typed. Read it a few times, even ten if you have to. I was not basing it off older data, just showing that is the KIND OF DATA they’re releasing to us, and for whatever reason the most recent data was removed.

Read it over, and over, and over……

No one is insulting you, instead if you read multiple BP members are insulting us, saying you’re winning because you’re epicly better than us, that you can always beat us no matter what. That is false, and you know it. You’re disregarding numbers, and how they effect the overall score.

Unless us holding Hills for three hours during prime-time at server reset, against all odds, even taking down a lot of trebs, catapults, and whatever else we did is any indication of how bad we suck, well I guess we suck. I mean seriously are you not reading the thread? Facts are facts, you are able to gain a point advantage because you can occupy multiple maps at once, WE CAN NOT. That isn’t meant to insult you, and I don’t know how in the hell you can see it as an insult. It’s just a fact.

And cap is something like 200 siege on a map. I doubt 11 Rams are putting you at cap. I’d like to see these screenshots though, because you’re probably being trolled by a smaller guild that you guys pissed off. No one on Anvil Rock is doing this, and it is absolutely absurd that when you’re winning, you come at us with such accusations.

I seriously doubt anyone is going to leave Anvil Rock for 7 days with their account on a transfer to do this to you guys, and miss out on the next reset.

We have a small guild who is building a bunch of Golems to take camps, or kill Dolyaks just for the hell of it. I laughed when I saw it. It’s their time, and their money.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

(edited by jkctmc.8754)

in WvW

GSSBlunaspike.4153

@wwfam

etc…

<face palm>

I did not lie. Do you not understand how to read graphs? You’re correct, I did say the “devs said”, which meant they said by showing us graphs that demonstrated the issue with servers, and populations, most importantly long queue times on the upper tier servers.

I’ve looked again, but it seems the recent charts have been removed, but I’m sure someone out there captured them when they were up. I’ll look when I have more itme, but in the meantime, you can spin it however you like to make yourself feel good, and continue to deny your superior numbers.

Do you also need me to define what a lie is? I’m being nice at this point, but you keep digging your hole deeper instead of admitting it. It wasn’t some unintentional mistake.

Edit
Since my other posts were apparently too mean, I will just sum it up here.

Definition of LYING
: marked by or containing falsehoods : false <a lying account of the accident>

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lie

also

Definition of LIE
intransitive verb
: to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive
: to create a false or misleading impression

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lie

There are enough intelligent people on these forums to read the definition and see if it fits. No need for me to go further.

As for the WvW, some great fights tonight. I wish people could stop exploiting though. I don’t care what server, but it should stop.

I’ve witnessed the massive amounts of flame rams placed in our keep to try and stop us from placing siege. Some people used to feel bad if our server spawn camped, or camped the j/p. This is changing due to the underhanded tactics of a few people. It’s causing the friendly competition atmosphere to change into something much worse.

(edited by GSSBlunaspike.4153)

in WvW

jkctmc.8754

@wwfam

etc…

<face palm>

Do you also need me to define what a lie is? I’m being nice at this point, but you keep digging your hole deeper instead of admitting it. It wasn’t some unintentional mistake.

Now you’re just trolling. You’re taking something I said, only because I proved you to be wrong, and that they have been releasing information on WvW population size, to deflect from the fact that Borlis Pass has a much larger population.

At worst I did not word it in the fashion that you would have liked, but the fact remains, they did release the information.

If I’m sitting in front of you, with a power point presentation, and verbally say nothing, it doesn’t mean I havn’t said anything. When the pictures are enough to convey the point, nothing else needs to be said.

It’s education 101, something you learn your first year in college. The phrase “someone says” doesn’t always mean they verbally said anything. Get off the computer, and get an education before you go and call me a liar.

People have always been able to express what they want via pictures, demonstrations, without actually having to say something. In this instance they said all that needed to be said by giving us the graphs to look at. Facts are facts, numbers are numbers, and no amount of trolling by you will change those facts.

Are you not familiar with the saying; "the picture says a thousand words? “laugh”

I’ll help you out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_picture_is_worth_a_thousand_words

An activity for you to try. Take a picture, and use 1000 words to describe what the photographer is saying to you.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

(edited by jkctmc.8754)

in WvW

Posted by: Nalivan.6451

Nalivan.6451

Proof- and there are even more by the supply depot, so do not try to disprove this.

Attachments:

Nalivan leader of [VNG]
Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Wispy.8679

Reread what I typed. Read it a few times, even ten if you have to. I was not basing it off older data, just showing that is the KIND OF DATA they’re releasing to us, and for whatever reason the most recent data was removed.

Read it over, and over, and over……

KIND OF DATA, that was released a few days after game release is about as relevant to current population as my favourite taste of milkshakes. This is raw data, pulled from the game engine, the devs said nothing about it and have nothing to do with it. If you insist on using that data though, Borlis pass BACK THEN had higher peaks for queue times but were much more concentrated burts in comparison to Anvil Rock, (which seems to be the only server you care about and think everything said in this topic revovles around AR and more specifically around you) which had lower queue times but lasted longer. To average them out the queue times for both servers over the length of the data is very similar, to say that ‘the devs said borlis was the only server with no wvw population problems’ is ludicrous given this data. These graphs are completely kitten irrelavent to the past couple weeks of wvw, it does not support your argument, stop bringing it up.

Unless us holding Hills for three hours during prime-time at server reset, against all odds, even taking down a lot of trebs, catapults, and whatever else we did is any indication of how bad we suck, well I guess we suck. I mean seriously are you not reading the thread? Facts are facts, you are able to gain a point advantage because you can occupy multiple maps at once, WE CAN NOT. That isn’t meant to insult you, and I don’t know how in the hell you can see it as an insult. It’s just a fact.

I gave AR and GoM compliments and every post from borlis has been the same, I said terrific fights not terrible fights, please take your own advice and learn to read. If you want to talk about numbers here is a screenshot of what wvw currently looks like http://i.imgur.com/NOVa0.jpg. So much for facts. And if you take a look at Navilan’s screenshot and look at the buffs we even had outmanned at the time.

And cap is something like 200 siege on a map. I doubt 11 Rams are putting you at cap. I’d like to see these screenshots though, because you’re probably being trolled by a smaller guild that you guys pissed off. No one on Anvil Rock is doing this, and it is absolutely absurd that when you’re winning, you come at us with such accusations.

It was an example, and not the only place in the map where random seige was being placed to assist us in hitting the cap. I never accused Anvil Rock of doing this and I never accused you with doing it (when you read the forums you seem to replace Anvil Rock with jkctmc and take it as a personal insult) but do not think you can speak for an entire server and think you know what everyone is doing and what they will do. You can only speak for yourself. As for a screenshot gallery of all the rams, I won’t bother. I don’t have to prove anything to you, reports have been sent to Anet and honestly they are the only ones that matter. Here is one of the screenshots of a ram clearly built out of sight so to avoid being seen http://i.imgur.com/R0oVV.jpg.

What I said before about the exploiting into Lowlands Keep was specifically directed at those who commited it, don’t try and defend against something you don’t know about or weren’t even online to see. It has nothing to do with you.

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

@Bearded

I’ll set ya straight one more time, and after that, well that’ll be on you. That treb setup in WC that night, I did alone with running sups outta rogue’s quarry. I also upgraded WC solely that night….when one of your alliance guilds claimed it. You can think you know what’s going on all you like, but you’re another one of those that has been “elected” to receive your icon by the means of individuals buying gold through gold farmers in order to gain said icon, as are many in the alliance. I know some got lucky with the event for the Lost Shores, but I know ahead of time what’s actually going on. THIS is why server’s aren’t allowed to vote for commanders….because large guilds would have a popularity contest about it and automatically vote their guys in just to have a rep for their guild.

@ the mesmer in the castle comment with the 10 golem night. That particular mesmer, isn’t in my guild, but regardless literally got blown through the wall by a warrior that used that skill that pushes people away. That was not intentional and was not repeatable by same said mesmer. Taken advantage of, sure, but an exploit is one in which a particular situation is found and is continually used over and over again to gain an unfair advantage; a bug; much like the terrain bug that was/is still being used to gain access to the “hills” keep on all three of the home borderlands maps.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

I log on the forum.

Go to this thread.

And all I see is a bunch of BP player posting screenshot of domination and listing how they are better then everyone else.

Stay Classy guys.

Seems like Everybody can 5 vs 30 a Zerg, I’m still waiting for the video.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

This matchup has been fun like the others, but unfortunately the current state of GoM has really ended a big portion of the entertainment value for us. While all the talk about servers doing better by refining their tactics might have some truth to it, the scores are without a doubt due to current server populations.

It’s sad, but GoM has really become a ghost server, and the few people that are left figure that fractals and such are much less a waste of time than wuvwuv.

We at NEWL have been native GoMians since launch thus far, but unfortunately we’re seriously considering a transfer :<

But you guys are like our BPBB (Borlis Pass Borderland Bros).

I understand how you feel though.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

yea daiosho has been amazing with keeping every1 up to date on when he needs help. Another person who has done a great job doing that as well is sylphia zephyr, Always sending me tells when help is needed. Big reason we were able to save the bay last night in our borderlands and the reason we were able to push AR off the map. Great communication from those 2.

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in WvW

Posted by: Portal Master.9146

Portal Master.9146

I second the thanks to Daiosho. Always getting bothered when I’m in the fractals and he is asking for help… but I don’t mind at all. He is the reason I even started playing WvW at all. I will always come to help if I’m playing (except in the middle of a dungeon).
That said. I’ve noticed we have many new commanders in WvW now. Commanders I’ve seen for a long time on the server like Plok and Kritoblak (just two others I happen to remember) seem proficient leading big groups but a few of the other ‘new to me’ ones I’ve followed around may not be. I am a little skeptical following them but I hope they continue to get better and stay around for a while.
Somewhere in this thread someone said one reason BP has the numbers now is the recruiting from PVE on the server. I can speak for about 10 of us and say that was true on our end. If you need help, many PVE people would do it if you have patience with them and explain to them what you would like to do. We may have no idea on the strategy of WvW but we have strong lvl 80 characters that down our enemies.

in WvW

Posted by: ZeroSignal.9651

ZeroSignal.9651

Gates of Madness used to be a force to be reckoned with, but lately they are push overs most of the time that I play. Anvil Rock has been playing terrifically in my opinion, they came at us with an several impressive zergs last night.

Lots of Borlis Pass’s problems are just with people being stupid with placement of siege, trebuchets in particular. For example some guy on our team placed on right in the center of a road lol. We have several great commanders, it’s just seems that they are all on or none of them are. Sadly we have at least one “bought” commander who isn’t even representing a guild…

It pains me to see 30 of our people endless getting slaughtered by a cluster of opposition, and no one has the brains to use siege to take advantage of the cluster situation. Likewise I hate when the enemy is using multiple trebs on an SM wall that has no opposition near by it, and our people just keep wasting supply to repair it while we have important upgrades being built. I like playing for BP, but sometimes it’s just frustrating.

—Aasguardian (FEAR) — Borlis Pass server

in WvW

Kardiamond.6952

When I was online yesterday, the only time I saw ours commanders attack GoM was because BP had an impressive Zerg and they coudln’t fight them. I saw the zerg myself, and we didn’t have the number to push BP.

So they went GoM. But they didn’t do much. I’M not saying it’s a good move, but attacking BP wasn’t working ether.

I joined them when we finally lost our outmanned buff and took one tower in BP EB part. We did hold it for 1 hour, with BP perma attacking it. Sadly, Durios was also under attack by GoM at the same time.

@ZeroSignal

Not sure Why you say they were terrific, as I saw them take most of the map, and BP didn’t have the outmanned buff. I’m not travelling with the zerg, but they seemed to be doing failry well. Especially since they took some points in your borderland at the same time as EB.

I think every server are doing good in the fights. GoM seems to be lacking any player to be effective. BP focused on them all week end, rarely letting them get their land back. That’s a new strategy BP started to use 4-5 match up ago, attack the weakest server. Even when they werre third, they started attaking the second place.

Nothing bad about it, it’s a different tactics.

BP are using Zerg effectively, they bring supply and siege and all. They are good at what they do. I suspect a population imbalance tho, as All week end they did hold 2 complete borderland, and SM in EB. You need a lot of population for that.

Anvil Rock kinda got the same population as BP, but they only seems to log at peak time. Yesterday late in the evening we had a lots of people.

And by the way, I see people still saying that AR doesn’t defend and upgrade. I used to agree, but not anymore. Most keep and tower seems to have an upgrade going on, and a good amount of siege.

BP zerged Bravost yesterday, and we did hold them with all the ballista, arrowcart and catapult we had inside.

It happens that a Commanders will attack and not defend, but I don’t see that often anymore.

Overall good fight this week, but I think BP got ahead of us, ether by number or, like they prefer to say, by just being better then us. I think they deserve a place in upper tier, and we will have ET with us. Will be fun to fight a different server!

(edited by Kardiamond.6952)

in WvW

Posted by: mazrim.4681

mazrim.4681

supreme numbers do win, but stupid gameplay loses. I don’t mean to be harsh..i transferred at the beginning of the week TO GoM. Some of the things I see boggle my mind.

Today they lost garrison, there was a mesmer that hid and was pleading to port people in to take it back. The commander ignored the guy 5 different times, ordered trebs built to knock down the wall. Even after having a few people on /m or /t tell him to take the easy way. Of course the trebs sort of gave away their intentions long before the walls came down..

Another thing is, as a lot of you know there are certain towers/keeps that should have certain siege in it at select points every time you own it. You know, to treb other towers or keeps or whatever, everytime you own one, it should be ready to treb the other etc..
They never, ever do.

Somehow beyond logic, GoM can own a tower for 3 hours, not have a single upgrade or piece of siege in it, but still have no supply.

I wanted to go to a low tier server and fight the good fight, so I expected a lot of this, just pointing out a couple of examples on why it isn’t just numbers. GoM is pretty terrible at tactics.
Their only one that seems to work sometimes is the one commander who just screams ‘Brute Force’, has the little zerg, and the other 2 servers happen to be engaged with each other so we can take a few things.

in WvW

Posted by: relishking.6129

relishking.6129

in case anyone missed it

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Fisher.8290

Fisher.8290

I don’t know why anyone would want a different matchup!!!

I remember the days of logging in to a home borderland and not owning anything. Nothing! And 15 excited, energetic, blood-red mad dudes just waiting for you to set a toe out of spawn. Yes please knock a higher pop server down to our tier – not.

These weeks with GOM and BP have been awesome and I have loved it all. Developing rivalries? Nothing wrong with that.

I would like to send out a shout to a GOM thief who was on AR borderland early this morning. We got some team play and 1 on 1’s in for a while, and I just want to say “thank you for good fights”. I really don’t know who won the most and don’t care. I enjoyed seeing you go from losing to changing styles and kicking my butt. I did not adapt as readily as you and I give you kudos.

[FHF] Thief
Anvil Rock

in WvW

Kardiamond.6952

Don’t know, I think we are just getting bored of fighting the same players all the time.

With the “Anonymous” player name in game, it’s really hard to develop a rivalry. Even by fighting the same server, the only rivalry we get are about number and Zerging.

As Anet decided this game would be carebear about rivalry, I prefer a different server for our next match up.

I think we all know Borliss Pass get the upper end now. It may not be a stomping like we had since release, but the winner is already decided anyway.

If you read this thread, the only thing that goes are : Zerg, more players, Borliss Pass win 10 vs 30 players fights, BP players are just better. A change would be welcome.