11/30 Crystal Desert vs Ehmry Bay vs Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

I do believe that, as a server you’re a bit too focused on individual PvP and badges to ever gain much ground as a WvW competitor, but that can be chalked up to enjoyment. Play how you like, and have fun. That’s what the game is about!

Why should Maguuma care about winning? This is an actual question. Please outline why getting a higher score is a good thing for Maguuma.

It makes the server more attractive to others who may join… Which could lead to bigger and better battles….

But whether we win, lose, or draw, priority #1 should be teh funz.

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: Phzt.9864

Phzt.9864

Maguuma has been getting a steadily larger community for 2-3 months now. The reason is that we have a good community and don’t act like poopsocking idiots like other servers.

If you attract players that care about winning, then they will ditch you for an even more winning server down the line. Look at our dear friends Crystal Desert in this thread as an example. I’d rather keep having fun than letting a scoreboard tell me how to enjoy myself.

in WvW

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

Look at our dear friends Crystal Desert in this thread as an example. I’d rather keep having fun than letting a scoreboard tell me how to enjoy myself.

Please elaborate or link the quote? Another baseless attack just makes you look like idiot, no?

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

in WvW

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

Look at our dear friends Crystal Desert in this thread as an example. I’d rather keep having fun than letting a scoreboard tell me how to enjoy myself.

Please elaborate or link the quote? Another baseless attack just makes you look like idiot, no?

I think his full quote meant that if we cared about attracting players who only wanted to win, they would be bandwagon guilds, which most players hate. I have heard lots of guilds left your server once you guys started losing, and no i don’t have any facts but this always seems to be the case with all servers, but people shouldn’t join your server to become bandwagon players/guilds. It’s why we don’t care about score and we play the way we do in my opinion that is. We don’t want to move up and get facerolled but it would be interesting facing new opponents, and don’t wanna go down a tier and faceroll either because that’s even worse, so all i can say is get on our level in a good way.

Become t4 quality server and fight us, not t3 that got pushed down to t4, or t5 that facerolled t6 servers to get to t4, But then again it’s hard to get a equilibrium of server match ups, and oddly enough CD is one of them stuck in between t3/t4. EB and Mag i believe belongs exactly where they are, and i’m fine with that, but we need a new servermate to play with.

Will you help me move?

(edited by Bones.5762)

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Mags is here for the murder.

tia.

in WvW

Bones.5762

well i don’t know that for sure i was just saying. but if going down a tier meant a closer match then this, i would be all hands down for it.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Bones.5762

Actually i have new intel my former guild/alliance went back to DB which was their original home server, so they might be coming up to t4 soon, it would be an interesting match seeing them again.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

I hope that EBay Zerg in Mag BL had fun getting knocked straight off the map. It’s nice to be back on Maguuma

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Bones.5762

I hope that EBay Zerg in Mag BL had fun getting knocked straight off the map. It’s nice to be back on Maguuma

lol i’m so confused zastari i see you all the time in forum posts in kaineg/fc/dr posts, so i’m lost at which server you’re on.

Also my prediction in 2 weeks matchup t4 will be FA, Mags, Dragonbrand. sounds like a great matchup that will be close.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

I transferred to FC for a week to work on PvP an 1vX skills to hone my build. Now I’m back on Mag and ready to kill.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

No transferring to an upper tier too?

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: ryan.3915

ryan.3915

We caught a CD ranger and his buddy inside the east keep lord room, without any of the gates or walls down.. caught him again on the SE tower trying to kill the lord, anyone recognize him enough to report him to that exploit email address or at least let his guild know what’s going on? I reported him but doubt that will do much..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j_gnrXU1iI&feature=youtu.be

Here’s your culprit, he made a video about soloing this tower so I went to see if somebody posted a screenshot or something. http://youtu.be/ueStp11KjiY

The world sure is small, huh.

Caught a Maguuma mesmer doing the same thing last week, in the tower with no gate down. After I killed him, he went back to the same spot and I had to chase him off again.

Blaine Warbler, Thief
EDMW, Jade Quarry.
I still love Crystal Dessert tho.

(edited by ryan.3915)

in WvW

Phzt.9864

I’d rather not quote the pages of excuses from CD last thread about how they used to be t2 and then lost a lot of people.

in WvW

ryan.3915

Please don’t feed the trolls.

Blaine Warbler, Thief
EDMW, Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

W/L/D doesn’t matter.

Killing people and making them AoN before the stomp is where the funs is

in WvW

saiyr.3071

W/L/D doesn’t matter.

I had no idea that all I needed to do to join AoN was to die. Sign me up!

in WvW

Posted by: Convenant.7092

Convenant.7092

W/L/D doesn’t matter.

So what I understand from this is you enjoy downing some random zergling, and fantasize you killed a AoN member before stomping him? You need to consult somebody, man.. there’s more to this game than AoN…

in WvW

Bones.5762

W/L/D doesn’t matter.

So what I understand from this is you enjoy downing some random zergling, and fantasize you killed a AoN member before stomping him? You need to consult somebody, man.. there’s more to this game than AoN…

lol is that what he meant? it was so confusing i just didn’t bother to ask him lol, if thats the case there’s really something wrong, if you believe AoN is the super threat from Maguuma (no offense) they are good, but not like the number one guild to look out for or anything, hell i wouldn’t even know which guild is the number 1 guild in maguuma, and i don’t believe there needs such a label unless you actually named your guild number 1.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

To AoN before a stomp is to alt f4.

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

Why should Maguuma care about winning? This is an actual question. Please outline why getting a higher score is a good thing for Maguuma.

Kind of an odd question if you ask me. Why play if not to win? But then, as I said different people enjoy different things. (shrug)

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

in WvW

saiyr.3071

To AoN before a stomp is to alt f4.

Master troll!!

Some of you really seem to hate guilds that transfer to Maguuma, it’s pretty amusing. If they transfer from your server then they’re deserters, if they transfer from servers you’ve fought before, they’re butthurt guilds that transferred here just so they could beat you. Give it a rest.

Kind of an odd question if you ask me. Why play if not to win? But then, as I said different people enjoy different things. (shrug)

It’s the people who really really care about winning that bandwagon onto winning servers. If winning is a requirement to having fun for you, then I feel sorry for you (not you in particular, really just anyone). Maguuma has only won twice and we would have all ragequit or transferred away by now if we cared about winning, but I haven’t heard of a mass guild exodus from Maguuma yet, so I think we’re doing something right. Winning gives you a certain validation (that it really shouldn’t, in many cases), so there’s that, but I think we can live without it.

in WvW

Diehard.1432

I’d rather not quote the pages of excuses from CD last thread about how they used to be t2 and then lost a lot of people.

I am sorry but I thought you said “ïn this thread”? Another lame excuse just to attack us CD or you are just mentally incapable? Remember we’re merely defending ourself from your senseless bashing in this forum, we never started it in the first place.
You expect that kind of attitude will attract players to come to your world?

[VaL]

(edited by Diehard.1432)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I am sorry but I thought you said “ïn this thread”? Another lame excuse just to attack us CD or you are just mentally incapable? Remember we’re merely defending ourself from your senseless bashing in this forum, we never started it in the first place.

That’s a nice bit of strawman mixed in with ad hominem. It doesn’t really matter which thread it was, his central point was that winning to attract more players is not a good thing and that Crystal Desert probably experienced some of that when they made it to T2, started losing, and then started losing bandwagoners. Is that wrong?

in WvW

Phzt.9864

I am sorry but I thought you said “ïn this thread”? Another lame excuse just to attack us CD or you are just mentally incapable?

Yes I am mentally incapable.

Caring if people come to Maguuma would insinuate that we care to move up in rankings. If anything, I’d rather we go down.

in WvW

Bones.5762

lol @ Magumma talking at all. Your server got slammed 2 weeks in a row! Simple as that! Go back to t5 were ya belong!

You are correct, in fact this open post should be called Crystal Desert’s ego, and only crystal desert players should post there, would that be better for you? I’m totally fine with just a OP with EB and us, they act more civil.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Crystal Desert’s REDT guild is exploiting into west keep inner again. Only now, a mesmer portaled the QQ guild inside now.

We have it frap’s, reported, and screenshotted up the yin-yang. Do not follow exploiter portals or you will get punished along with them.

recent update:

Last 3 pictures are updated with the ranger exploiting into inner west keep. omitted 1 picture as a potential entry point.

Attachments:

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

lol @ Magumma talking at all. Your server got slammed 2 weeks in a row! Simple as that! Go back to t5 were ya belong!

oowwhh… chill out dude…. yeah, we’re winning but this is really not necessary…

ok everyone keep the tone down please..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Bones.5762

Crystal Desert’s REDT guild is exploiting into west keep inner again. Only now, a mesmer portaled the QQ guild inside now.

We have it frap’s, reported, and screenshotted up the yin-yang. Do not follow exploiter portals or you will get punished along with them.

YOU THE MAN!

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Phzt.9864

exploiting? Looks like the Skill Rankings are now #1 Ehmry bay #2 Maguuma and #3 Crystal Desert. Need some sweet pvp vids with Call My Maybe playing to get back into the game.

in WvW

Bones.5762

exploiting? Looks like the Skill Rankings are now #1 Ehmry bay #2 Maguuma and #3 Crystal Desert. Need some sweet pvp vids with Call My Maybe playing to get back into the game.

Better bump it up to some Hannah Montana for class.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Diehard.1432

As CD player, I do hope Anet will respond to this, Thanks for that

[VaL]

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

you sure that mesmer exploiting ? or that mesmer could have been hiding all this while and you didn’t detect him ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

saiyr.3071

IMO I’d rather have videos made exclusively made from match openers when it’s the most hectic with Friday in the background. Who’s with me?!

in WvW

Diehard.1432

Well, if the video is justified, we can only wait on Anet’s response. I am sure they can tell and decide from the evidence

[VaL]

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

Any link to the video of the mesmer exploiting his way in?

in WvW

Bones.5762

IMO I’d rather have videos made exclusively made from match openers when it’s the most hectic with Friday in the background. Who’s with me?!

Only if i get to be that thief that daggerstorms everybody.

Wait that means i have to roll a thief…

Will you help me move?

in WvW

saiyr.3071

No judgment, I got my thief (and mesmer) to 80 basically to grief people.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

So you mean in your opinion only the server with the highest score (most people) should play?… Idk about you but I’ve had a lot more fun on the weeks we come 2nd or 3rd than on the rare times we’ve rolled across all the maps. Since a lot of people seem to share your mentality, there’s also a whole lot more people to kill, speically those endless CD zergs oh baby!

And just a funny unrelated 5 man ninja tour through CD’s EBG territory from last night/morning. Actually started defending Mendon’s and 4 camps, 1 tower later, we took SE keep with our main force

Attachments:

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

(edited by Zephyrus.9680)

in WvW

Bones.5762

No judgment, I got my thief (and mesmer) to 80 basically to grief people.

fine, i guess ill just be that engineer that drops supply crate, jeez. Yum Yum told me to roll a necro, and i’m actually loving it so far. he said he would show me some tricks with it, so i’m eager to wait til friday a couple hours before reset to start crafting to 80 as thats where the crafting bonus will be highest.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Gubrz.7283

Gubrz.7283

maguuma overlook battle just now, so fun! all 3 groups fighting it out! loot bags everywhere! i got taken out finally but it was still a blast!

in WvW

katniss.6735

I would never post a video of how to do an exploit. Nice try.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Kman.7358

Kman.7358

Maguuma has been getting a steadily larger community for 2-3 months now. The reason is that we have a good community and don’t act like poopsocking idiots like other servers.

If you attract players that care about winning, then they will ditch you for an even more winning server down the line. Look at our dear friends Crystal Desert in this thread as an example. I’d rather keep having fun than letting a scoreboard tell me how to enjoy myself.

You say that, but from the past matchup threads there’s been a LOT of flaming from Maguuma players aswell. Don’t say “don’t base a server on a few bad apples” either, because that’s what you’re doing right now.

Appeased -Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
teamriot.org
twitch.tv/teamriottv

in WvW

Posted by: Gubrz.7283

Gubrz.7283

maguuma overlook battle just now, so fun! all 3 groups fighting it out! loot bags everywhere! i got taken out finally but it was still a blast!

and now we just had the worlds least coordinated strike into the lords room… lol

in WvW

katniss.6735

Guilds: Rich, Koss, SOA are now attempting to use the same exploit. I guess they don’t care about getting banned. We know where to look and screenshot those doing it. I’m keeping you all updated so that you don’t get brought down by the initiator who doesn’t care what happens to their own character, let alone yours.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

So you mean in your opinion only the server with the highest score (most people) should play

Not even remotely.

Please outline why getting a higher score is a good thing for Maguuma.

My point is, that If you don’t try to win, you don’t put yourself in a position to EVER win. Because of this, it becomes easy for you guys to discount the score, but in the long run you’re not doing anything to get better in regard to what WvW is actually about. So while you’re having fun (which is great) and gaining more players who think the score doesn’t matter (which is only great if that’s the type of player you are) it’s never going to get you anywhere as a server. If you don’t care about the score, then I’m not going to “outline” why you should. I really don’t care how or why you play.

I’m just saying that unless you care about the points in WvW, you’ll never improve at gaining them. Nor will you gain many other players who care.

Lots of people like to win, lots care about the score. Not all are bandwagon players.

(edited by Raincrow.1840)

in WvW

Bones.5762

Well talk about a load of crap from some players from CD, hopefully you guys are able to manage this within your own server, hell just report them, they knew exactly what they were doing, if you see them doing it, report them all. I doubt this will stop it at all but worst case scenario harass the hell out of them with everyone in map chat.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

ryan.3915

Guilds: Rich, Koss, SOA are now attempting to use the same exploit. I guess they don’t care about getting banned. We know where to look and screenshot those doing it. I’m keeping you all updated so that you don’t get brought down by the initiator who doesn’t care what happens to their own character, let alone yours.

Thanks for reporting those losers. Most of CD would not exploit what is obviously a bug – we prefer to siege like mad. Like yesterday’s group that built 4 catapults, 1 flame ram, 1 ballista and 1 treb…. just to capture the southeast tower.

Blaine Warbler, Thief
EDMW, Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Phzt.9864

My point is, that If you don’t try to win, you don’t put yourself in a position to EVER win. Because of this, it becomes easy for you guys to discount the score, but in the long run you’re not doing anything to get better in regard to what WvW is actually about.

I think this is where our servers disagree.

in WvW

Posted by: Hekatombaion.4320

Hekatombaion.4320

I’m pretty sure CD hits the queue cap when they are flooding a particular boarderlands. If we left a skeleton crew behind with the appropriate siege, we could easily sweep another map, and all make it back in time to repair/hold whatever we had left. I feel that if I don’t post this, no one will ever do it.

I’m a bit stunned to see a post from you with genuine strategic advice, and that I agree with too? I have to say I’m glad you went back on your vow to not make posts that contribute anything to the discussion.

Well, an elitist minority of us have been saying this in chat here and there for awhile now. Our server basically doesn’t do skeleton crews and with the 30 minute despawn timer on siege you really need to have a few scouts up on the walls doing periodic laps.

No, I think we might just naturally have a few mostly idle players running around the keeps doing as much but if the zerg is in another server we’ve definitely got nobody on the towers. We tend not to have anyone in the towers more than a half an hour since the last cluster of invaders that slapped the gate with their sticks.

There’s probably only one guild on at a time that are actually willing to be exceptions to this rule (and back in T3 they were the only reason we didn’t get wiped off our home border nightly.)

Our commanders do a good deal of cat herding to get us rolling around demolishing anything but they don’t seem to show any signs of communication that extends beyond map (and maybe guild) chat. Just having specific people designated as the eyes on other maps seems huge, but I don’t think we do anything like that with any of the commanders that lead zergs.

If we add in the random lone wolf thieves that are mostly stealthed and don’t really have to fight when they don’t want to we should be able to get a hell of a lot of info about incoming enemies.

But I guess we only even consider doing this within guilds at this point. After Fang xfered off the server the server teamspeak they were paying for stopped getting nearly so much traffic.

I’m not a good/fast typist, and I don’t want to sit around doing that. But someone has to or they’ll never understand.

I am a good/fast typist and I still don’t want to try and teach people how to play that way.

My point is, that If you don’t try to win, you don’t put yourself in a position to EVER win. Because of this, it becomes easy for you guys to discount the score, but in the long run you’re not doing anything to get better in regard to what WvW is actually about.

Not enough information to say there- if you’re just blindly running around looking for things to stealth cap then you don’t learn much about how to play. If you’re in the zerg just pooting out an aoe to tag a lot of players for loot bags then you also don’t really learn anything. If you try and succeed in defending a place while outmanned then you might just learn how to use the local siege (mortars anyone?) better- and actually having a lot of players that can aim those things on any of our servers would greatly multiply our ability to defend towers. At least stop a lot of these tunnel vision PvGate zergs from getting so much done.

Open field combat is fairly hectic but if you really take the trouble to learn what’s going on there you become significantly better at group combat, and it goes a long ways for other combat situations like fighting your way in through a breached wall.

After that comes the larger scale dynamics that aren’t as applicable to the entire player base- warfare management skills like tricking people into attacking you while they’re at a disadvantage or putting their focus somewhere other than where you’re going to be hitting them. We kind of ignore those on all three servers as far as I can tell.

Italucuc[KH] – 80 Mesmer – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

That was my point.