11/30 - Crystal v. Ehmry v. Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Do the other servers really not have a queue on a Friday night around 9PM server time?

Not in all 4 borderlands, no. Usually not even 3.

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Yeah, we started outmanned on CD, like I said. Interest in WvW seems to be dropping rapidly on our server

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

We’ve always been a small close-knit kind of WvW server. I kinda like it that way tbh.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I do too, but when a lot of the people leaving/taking a break are people you’ve played with for a long time, it kind of sucks.

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

Nature of a subscriptionless MMO. Plus it’s a hectic kind of season atm, what with Christmas around the corner. No reason to play it like a job so people don’t.

in WvW

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

Superior CD tactics, also I give Magnuma a bad rep

Attachments:

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

I would’ve built a ram there personally.

in WvW

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

I don’t get y u said maguuma, it shows CD by the catapult but ok?

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

This is why Maguuma will always come in 2nd or 3rd place.

Crystal Desert borderland: Ehmry vs Crystal.
Maguuma borderland: Ehmry vs Maguuma.
Other two zones: Ehmry vs Maguuma + Crystal

The net result, like last week, is Crystal Desert takes #1. They have the manpower to make sure that any alliance with them in it works in their favor. Maguuma doesn’t. The best they will ever make with this strategy is second place.

http://thepurge.net/public/whymaguumaneverwins.png

Maybe you shouldn’t have started the match like this

Yes, how dare Ehmry Bay try to push any assault!

So it’s okay for that guy to complain that we’re focusing you but not okay to point out that you did the exact same thing? Okay!

I’m seeing that Ehmry pushed both CD and Maguuma borderlands. How is that focusing? I don’t know if you see this in CD’s borderlands, but there’s quite a few fights on the west side.

The way I see it, EB was willing to evenly divide our borderlands in half in CD (happy coincidence?) but in CD they didn’t feel like sticking to their own side. For all of the talk I’ve heard of trying to split CD down the middle, that was a pretty bad execution. The result is that you guys made us leave CD and go to your borderlands, and a lot of us stayed there until we went to sleep. So yeah, it looks like we’re focusing you now, just like it looked like you were focusing us earlier.

But to be frank, we just don’t have enough Mumble presence to cover three borderlands, even on opening night now. We were down 50% from just a few weeks ago in terms of numbers. EB and EB (hurr) were the only places we had significant progress after that stuff happened, so it was pretty logical to go to Ehmry and our own borderlands because we had a large guild handling Eternal.

I think most of what goes into WvW is hitting every zone as quickly as possible. I think that if there is some secret alliance, you see it after the initial rush. I don’t know if that happened after, though. However, I disagree that it shows EB splitting Maguuma with CD. Mainly because in CD’s own battleground, EB and CD are fighting. It shows your point of view AND it shows evidence that the point of view isn’t really happening.

Which you choose to accept is up to you. I don’t think EB has the ability to organize itself enough to work off CD, though.

Ehmry Bay always has a strong opening rush. It’s the one time that we might have ques for all BL’s. Why not push all 3 since it’s the only time during the week we will have the manpower to do such?

Ehmry Bay works offa both sides. It just so happens that CD provides us more opportunities than Maguuma does because we are usually the one’s Maguuma is attacking XD. If Maguuma would hit CD more we would have more opportunities vs them.

People can say what they want about zerg server and such. But CD really can’t stand toe to toe with either Maguuma or Ehrmy Bay during mid day. They pretty much rely on the infighting to allow them some breathing room by weakening the drive of either at critical times.

I know we had alot of people ignoring Maguuma, unless we needed the tower/camp as a staging point, for a good while. But in the long run Maguuma didn’t allow us to keep that focus. So you reap what you have sown. If this matchup repeats the last it’ll be due to your actions.

OIh and btw folks, taking back your corner of the map is not an attack. It’s defending. Someone claiming X is attacking Y while taking back their spawn supply camp and tower is kitten They are just getting their own territory back.

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

(edited by Ralathar.7236)

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

I don’t get y u said maguuma, it shows CD by the catapult but ok?

He’s Maguuma.

in WvW

Posted by: Gubrz.7283

Gubrz.7283

OMG whoever that hag of a d/d ele is on cd… i love you!
lol!
shed run into a HUGE mob of us, kill 3, and manage to escape while 4 others are about 1 hit away from death as well(this is every 30 secs or so!)… tho someone DID kill you at LEAST once, since i got a loot bag on ya

do i need to work on my dd ele?!

ponders

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

lol!
shed run into a HUGE mob of us, kill 3, and manage to escape while 4 others are about 1 hit away from death as well(this is every 30 secs or so!)… tho someone DID kill you at LEAST once, since i got a loot bag on ya

ponders

Probably. If you’re not using that build in WvW then you get no ele love. It’s a fairly common one, capable of taking out a few enemies and well as being able to solo camps. The only reason I can think of for people not using it often is the amount of effort it takes.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: Miu Xie.5872

Miu Xie.5872

Probably. If you’re not using that build in WvW then you get no ele love. It’s a fairly common one, capable of taking out a few enemies and well as being able to solo camps. The only reason I can think of for people not using it often is the amount of effort it takes.

Pft, effort. It’s so fun to play!

But still, a staff is necessary for sieging + Blasting Staff trait.

Sanae Kurita, Mag

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

Secrets to dealing with a d/d ele: Not standing still when that big flashy lightning bolt comes running at you. Not standing still when they switch to earth and put their fist in the air for 20 seconds. Not standing still when they try to knee you captain falcon style when they switch to fire.

How do 3 people die to one at once? They’re either so glassy that you 2-hit them or so bunker that they never kill anything.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Pft, effort. It’s so fun to play!

But still, a staff is necessary for sieging + Blasting Staff trait.

Of course, just keep one in your inventory for said moments.

in WvW

Posted by: Gubrz.7283

Gubrz.7283

Secrets to dealing with a d/d ele: Not standing still when that big flashy lightning bolt comes running at you. Not standing still when they switch to earth and put their fist in the air for 20 seconds. Not standing still when they try to knee you captain falcon style when they switch to fire.

How do 3 people die to one at once? They’re either so glassy that you 2-hit them or so bunker that they never kill anything.

get a bunch of noobs clustered together for an aoe build… duh
i wasnt trying to bash fellow eb players, just compliment the cd ele… SHEESH PEOPLE! lol

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

It’s like saying: "Let’s just hack their keep, it works, we win. " Yea, it works (despite the obvious reasons for not doing it), but it’s not a respectful way to do it.

That’s ridiculous.

Running in a large group has absolutely zero relation to hacking.

What some of you seem to miss here is that CD is WINNING on the score board. Why not keep attacking that heavily defended garrison with our zerg? Even if we don’t take the place, we’ve kept your whole server busy for so long defending you end up losing for the week.

Just because you fail to see the point of what we’re doing doesn’t mean there isn’t one.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

(edited by Raincrow.1840)

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

I hate to be the person saying this (again) but it’s one of the reasons you moved down the tier. You’re winning against populations with fewer numbers but when you face the same thing, you get your face kicked in and seem to not learn anything.

This isn’t really true. When we move up a tier we are the ones who are heavily outnumbered. There really isn’t a lot of chance to “face the same thing” in this game, unless maybe you’re in tier 1.

in WvW

zastari.1730

It’s like saying: "Let’s just hack their keep, it works, we win. " Yea, it works (despite the obvious reasons for not doing it), but it’s not a respectful way to do it.

That’s ridiculous.

What some of you seem to miss here is that CD is WINNING on the score board. Why not keep attacking that heavily defended garrison with our zerg? Even if we don’t take the place, we’ve kept your whole server bust for so long defending you end up losing for the week.

Just because you fail to see the point of what we’re doing doesn’t mean there isn’t one.

I read this in Sun Tzu chapter 420 titled Stalling Enemy Points-Per-Tick by Corpse Bombing. Watch out, this guy is a master strategist and keeps up with the important literature.

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: KamikazKid.4872

KamikazKid.4872

This is just the same old song & dance I saw when I played Shadowbane. When winning claim inferior numbers, when losing claim enemy zergs, and if all else fails accuse enemy of cheating. I played on Maguuma before I transferred to CD & they have massive NA Prime time zerg in fact I’m betting the only reason we’ve made incursions to EB BL was because water takes the path of least resistance i.e. it was easier than fighting Maguma’s zerg. Last night there was a queue for CD on both their bl maps so I spent a quiet night leveling instead. CD is seriously outnumbered by Maguma in NA Prime-time, we can’t compete yet curiously enough all their zerg does is defend. I don’t think I’ve fought more than 20 of ‘em in the field but their keeps & towers are always chalk full of defenders. I feel bad for EBay, My guild was going to leave you alone but we started taking Maguma BL towers & there’d be 50+ guys defending a bloody tower we packed it in & decided to hit EB & EBay BL instead. & got plenty of fun fights with you guys there. Thanks for the fun fights EBay.

Honestly, call us zerg all you like as long as it helps you sleep at night, while our Oceanic crew is all up in your base doing your keep lord.

Anzor Anak – Guardian
Kwisatz Haderach – For the Toast!

(edited by KamikazKid.4872)

in WvW

zastari.1730

This is just the same old song & dance I saw when I played Shadowbane. When winning claim inferior numbers, when losing claim enemy zergs, and if all else fails accuse enemy of cheating. I played on Maguuma before I transferred to CD & they have massive NA Prime time zerg in fact I’m betting the only reason we’ve made incursions to EB BL was because it was easier than fighting Maguma. Last night there was a queue for CD on both their bl maps so I spent a quiet night leveling instead. CD is seriously outnumbered by Maguma in NA Prime-time, we can’t compete yet curiously enough all their zerg does is defend. I don’t think I’ve fought more than 20 of ’em in the field but their keeps & towers are always chalk full of defenders.

Honestly, call us zerg all you like as long as it helps you sleep at night, while our Oceanic crew is all up in your base doing your keep lord.

When losing transfer to the winning server*

Fixed this for you, in your case.

Maguuma

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

This is just the same old song & dance I saw when I played Shadowbane. When winning claim inferior numbers, when losing claim enemy zergs, and if all else fails accuse enemy of cheating.

Same old song & dance, assume when someone says something about your server, they’re lying or have no ground. Cute. And you’re talking about two different times there, buddy. If you don’t think your oceanic presence isn’t a zerg compared to an NA presence (at that same time), then you’re a bad troll or really ignorant.

That’s ridiculous.

What some of you seem to miss here is that CD is WINNING on the score board. Why not keep attacking that heavily defended garrison with our zerg? Even if we don’t take the place, we’ve kept your whole server bust for so long defending you end up losing for the week.

Holy… wow… you literally missed the entirety of what I was saying.

It’s funny you say you can keep us busy while you’re failing at doing something, because we still send groups into other BLs, even when under heavy seige. There are also solo groups roaming around that do what they want. So we’re still capping things as you throw bodies at Garrison.

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

I read this in Sun Tzu chapter 420 titled Stalling Enemy Points-Per-Tick by Corpse Bombing. Watch out, this guy is a master strategist and keeps up with the important literature.

This game isn’t real life my friend. There is no “Corpse Bombing” in Sun Tzu because in real life you can’t die more than once.

THIS IS A GAME. When we already hold 75% of the map there is no downside to zerging your garrison. It keeps you from splitting into smaller groups, retaking key positions, and spreading our numbers thin. We lose NOTHING in that anyone who dies can return to the fight.

The idea that this is a bad strategy, is, as much as you want to pretend it’s not… just more bitterness at losing.

The main thing you’re missing as well is that if we were to split into smaller groups and just sit around defending / upgrading, we’d be having less fun. I for one WvW to fight. Not to upgrade keeps for no reason.

You’re too busy reading Sun Tzu to know that a less fun strat means less people interested in coming into WvW. Maybe that’s part of your own server’s problem. Think about that.

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

How so? Did you not insinunate that zerging is as dishonarable as hacking.?

It’s funny you say you can keep us busy while you’re failing at doing something, because we still send groups into other BLs, even when under heavy seige. There are also solo groups roaming around that do what they want. So we’re still capping things as you throw bodies at Garrison.

Not enough to dent the scoreboard. But keep playing for 2nd, if that’s the goal.

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

The way I see it, EB was willing to evenly divide our borderlands in half in CD (happy coincidence?) but in CD they didn’t feel like sticking to their own side. For all of the talk I’ve heard of trying to split CD down the middle, that was a pretty bad execution. The result is that you guys made us leave CD and go to your borderlands, and a lot of us stayed there until we went to sleep. So yeah, it looks like we’re focusing you now, just like it looked like you were focusing us earlier.

That division is the natural equilibrium of the borderland maps. Assuming roughly equal numbers:

Western Quadrant: West spawn attacker can easily hold and upgrade South West Tower/Supply Camp and easily take West Keep. It is very easy to lose West Keep though due to the safe trebs against it.

Eastern Quadrant: East spawn attacker can easily hold and upgrade South East Tower/Supply Camp and can easily hold East Keep. Its very hard to take back East Keep once lost though.

Northern Quadrant: Defender can easily hold North Supply Camp, both North East/West Towers and Garrison. Of the two north towers, east is harder to take back than west. Garrison can be backdoored through the watergate and losing Garrison often means the Defender loses map control/force projection. They lose the ability to safe treb West Keep, thus keeping West spawn attacker in their place.

Southern Quadrant: This is South West Tower, South Supply Camp, Ruins and South East Tower. Ruins is unique because it is the one of very few strategically important locations on the map that isn’t an objective. But this doesn’t come into play unless both attackers try to cannibalize each other.

The North West, North East and South Supply Camps are king makers. All teams fight to control them so they can get a supply advantage when trying to break through from one quadrant into another quadrant.

Its very hard for a West Spawn attacker to take and hold North West Tower due to proximity to Defender’s spawn and invulnerable zone on cliffs. Your siege line is always vulnerable and the North Towers both have safe trebs against attacking siege lines. Even if an attacker gains control of a Northern Tower, its very hard for them to get supply into the tower and upgrade it because North Supply Camp is too easy for defenders to take back.

Borderlands are designed so that two attacks are on one defender. If its only 1 vs 1 then the defender has a natural advantage. There are some places like ruins that allow attackers to 1up each other but there is rarely any strategic advantage in doing that, unless you have totally broken the defender first.

So 2 vs 1 is fine on Borderlands. I would argue that its supposed to be that way in every map. All servers hold on to their quadrant and then fight over the kingmaker supply camps to gain enough advantage to punch through into another quadrant. Defender is always priority target.

In the higher tier servers, its easier to maintain a presence in every borderland to do this but population drops off after reset pretty dramatically too. In tier 4 and below, most servers will not be able to field players in all 3 borderlands at any point in the day, so we usually elect to ignore one. Mags can rarely queue more than one borderland midweek + Eternal with enough left over for a havoc squad or two in another BL. The BL we traditionally ignore is the one where we have West Spawn because it requires alot more people to hold onto it than the East Spawn. The only exception is if we know we can break Defender (i.e. they are seriously outmanned and the other attacker is absent).

Last weekend, Maguuma Borderlands was the only map that was consistently played like that. The others were mainly 1 vs 1 or were 100% controlled most of the day. Its not a bad thing is if happens in all 3 borderlands since the score difference won’t be huge. But for whatever reason, Mag BL last week looked like the softer target, so everyone piled on it and there was a score blowout. Score blowouts lead to lots of people sitting out on one server, and lots of people piling in on another to farm badges, which makes the imbalance worse.

I remember scouting CD and EBay borderland late last week and EBay was the less ravaged. They were sitting on full supply and everything was fully upgraded so we hit CD borderland because their stuff wasn’t as hard to take. On Thursday last, they had an all green map for hours and still hadn’t reinforced North East Tower gate. Very sloppy!

(edited by Besetment.9187)

in WvW

Bones.5762

This game isn’t real life my friend. There is no “Corpse Bombing” in Sun Tzu because in real life you can’t die more than once.

THIS IS A GAME. When we already hold 75% of the map there is no downside to zerging your garrison. It keeps you from splitting into smaller groups, retaking key positions, and spreading our numbers thin. We lose NOTHING in that anyone who dies can return to the fight.

The idea that this is a bad strategy, is, as much as you want to pretend it’s not… just more bitterness at losing.

The main thing you’re missing as well is that if we were to split into smaller groups and just sit around defending / upgrading, we’d be having less fun. I for one WvW to fight. Not to upgrade keeps for no reason.

You’re too busy reading Sun Tzu to know that a less fun strat means less people interested in coming into WvW. Maybe that’s part of your own server’s problem. Think about that.

I don’t necessarily see it as a bad server seeing as you are right, you have nothing to lose, but i sometimes wonder how the other players that charge there with your commanders feel, like they are almost being led to imminent death. My example for this would be the endless assault on bay keep in EB bl, countless siege and bodies sacrificed, for nothing while EB takes back their keep in the east from you guys, eventually i think that group got really demoralized because they never came back in force later, and everything they tried to even cap our supply camp we would snag them (both EB and CD). Hell we were able to build a waypoint for that keep finally at 6am in the morning with max supplies with 8hours of nonstop siege frmo both servers, but it flipped sometime this morning i heard.

PS
to the guy who trebbed our keep for HOURS and nothing came from it, i really feel your pain, because i confine myself to treb duty sometimes and if nothing comes from it, it feels like a waste of time.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Laq.1594

Laq.1594

lol!

ponders

If Asuran, it’s probably me. I’m in there often and enjoy throwing myself at people. :P

I’ve changed my look a few times.

Attachments:

in WvW

Bones.5762

That division is the natural equilibrium of the borderland maps. Assuming roughly equal numbers:

Western Quadrant: West spawn attacker can easily hold and upgrade South West Tower/Supply Camp and easily take West Keep. It is very easy to lose West Keep though due to the safe trebs against it.

Eastern Quadrant: East spawn attacker can easily hold and upgrade South East Tower/Supply Camp and can easily hold East Keep. Its very hard to take back East Keep once lost though.

Northern Quadrant: Defender can easily hold North Supply Camp, both North East/West Towers and Garrison. Of the two north towers, east is harder to take back than west. Garrison can be backdoored through the watergate and losing Garrison often means the Defender loses map control/force projection. They lose the ability to safe treb West Keep, thus keeping West spawn attacker in their place.

Southern Quadrant: This is South West Tower, South Supply Camp, Ruins and South East Tower. Ruins is unique because it is the one of very few strategically important locations on the map that isn’t an objective. But this doesn’t come into play unless both attackers try to cannibalize each other.

The North West, North East and South Supply Camps are king makers. All teams figh to control them so they can get a supply advantage when trying to break through from one quadrant into another quadrant.

Its very hard for a West Spawn attacker to take and hold North West Tower due to proximity to defender’s spawn and invulnerable zone on cliffs. Its also very hard for an attacking side to get supply into the North Towers because North Supply Camp is too easy for defenders to take back.

Borderlands are designed so that two attacks are on one defender. If its only 1 vs 1 then the defender has a natural advantage. There are some places like ruins that allow attackers to 1up each other but there is rarely any strategic advantage in doing that, unless you have totally broken the defender first.

So 2 vs 1 is fine on Borderlands. I would argue that its supposed to be that way in every map. All servers hold on to their quadrant and then fight over the kingmaker supply camps to gain enough advantage to punch through into another quadrant. Defender is always priority target.

In the higher tier servers, its easier to maintain a presence in every borderland to do this but population drops off after reset pretty dramatically too. In tier 4 and below, most servers will not be able to field players in all 3 borderlands at any point in the day, so we usually elect to ignore one. Mags can rarely queue more than one borderland midweek + Eternal with enough left over for a havoc squad or two in another BL. The BL we traditionally ignore is the one where we have West Spawn because it requires alot more people to hold onto it than the East Spawn. The only exception is if we know we can break Defender (i.e. they are seriously outmanned and the other attacker is absent).

Last weekend, Maguuma Borderlands was the only map that was consistently played like that. The others were mainly 1 vs 1 or were 100% controlled most of the day. Its not a bad thing is if happens in all 3 borderlands since the score difference won’t be huge. But for whatever reason, Mag BL last week looked like the softer target, so everyone piled on it and there was a score blowout. Score blowouts lead to lots of people sitting out on one server, and lots of people piling in on another to farm badges, which makes the imbalance worse.

I remember scouting CD and EBay borderland late last week and EBay was the less ravaged. They were sitting on full supply and everything was fully upgraded so we hit CD borderland because their stuff wasn’t as hard to take. On Thursday last, they had an all green map for hours and still hadn’t reinforced North East Tower gate. Very sloppy!

+1

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Bones.5762

Not enough to dent the scoreboard. But keep playing for 2nd, if that’s the goal.

playing for fun

check

Will you help me move?

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

No no no. Not one bit. I’m trying to say that while both get the intended result, opponents do not see it as honorable/valid/insightful. I thought I said this multiple times? Zerging is a tactic, and a valid one. People just don’t respect it because anyone with half a brain can throw bodies.

Dude, no need to be snarky about this. Seriously? We’re just playing a video game. Maguuma doesn’t aim for second, or first, or third (lol what?). Never have I ever heard “well let’s at least make sure we get first/second/third or keep this server in this place.” When we’re sending those groups, the idea isn’t “lol, we’re gonna get soo many points from them.” The idea is, “hey, we can do go this, let’s go do it.” Concerning ourselves with points and the scoreboard isn’t the general play style.

We are losing, badly, and have been. Do you honestly think we aren’t aware that anything our small groups accomplish is frivolous in the grand scheme of it all?

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

By the way, the reason Mag BL looked the way it did last week is because we did not control supply to our quadrant very well and we did not deny supply in our opponent’s quadrants. This is a major problem for Mags that is easily corrected – you have to protect supply camps and you have to escort yaks. If your stuff doesn’t get upgraded or it takes ages to upgrade, enemy scouts see that and tell their commanders to punch you in the balls.

If you ever get the chance to see what folks do like PRX on SoS, they maintain sentries at every intersection, and escort every yak with 2 or 3 dudes. You kill more than 2 or 3 yaks on the same route and they move a havoc squad in the area. If they lose supply camps, they do things like port supply in from another borderland.

I’ve seen SoS hold their northern quadrant on one supply camp which is pretty amazing when you think about it. They had 1 supply camp and they were able to repair walls and rebuild siege in both north towers and garrison, which allowed them to fend off 2 full strength servers trying to beat on the north towers.

The only reason that was even possible was because they had tier 3 reinforced walls and gate on everything and Garrison waypoint. If they were not on tier 3 upgrades, those north towers would have fallen multiple times.

in WvW

Posted by: hobbes.6178

hobbes.6178

Personally I don’t know how much longer I can take WvW. Its so rinse and repeat. They need to make changes to WvW very soon because I am playing Planetside 2 more and more each day, and eventually I will be consumed.

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

I don’t necessarily see it as a bad server seeing as you are right, you have nothing to lose, but i sometimes wonder how the other players that charge there with your commanders feel, like they are almost being led to imminent death. My example for this would be the endless assault on bay keep in EB bl, countless siege and bodies sacrificed, for nothing while EB takes back their keep in the east from you guys, eventually i think that group got really demoralized because they never came back in force later, and everything they tried to even cap our supply camp we would snag them (both EB and CD). Hell we were able to build a waypoint for that keep finally at 6am in the morning with max supplies with 8hours of nonstop siege frmo both servers, but it flipped sometime this morning i heard.

PS
to the guy who trebbed our keep for HOURS and nothing came from it, i really feel your pain, because i confine myself to treb duty sometimes and if nothing comes from it, it feels like a waste of time.

Those are good points. I’ll only personally stay with a commander who’s leading us into death traps for a very short time. It’s up to everyone else how long they want to stay there.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Personally I don’t know how much longer I can take WvW. Its so rinse and repeat. They need to make changes to WvW very soon because I am playing Planetside 2 more and more each day, and eventually I will be consumed.

Good news! Changes and new systems are coming soon to WvW!

in WvW

Bones.5762

PS

Those are good points. I’ll only personally stay with a commander who’s leading us into death traps for a very short time. It’s up to everyone else how long they want to stay there.

I ALWAYS stay away from commanders who believe bodies are what is needed to take an objective for hours. There are times when you can take it which is ok, but if you have wiped out 2-3x already just pack it up and call it gg. It personally is just too demoralizing to do that, now its a different scenario when defending, revive and run back to objective asap and defend with your life.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Benjamin.6235

Benjamin.6235

Hey, man. It’s all the guys we have to spare. Not sure you realize how undermanned Maguuma is most of the time. We hide it rather well with our mobility, but sometimes we can’t even afford to send 5 men into CD’s borderlands. Today we had the space to send 10 or so and we tried to take all we could before we got called back for keep defense. Definitely not playing for second. Just have to be careful to not overextend towards CD and have Ehmry Bay eat all our stuff.

[DERP] – Maguuma

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I am aware that 2v1 is the natural order of things in one’s home borderlands and that wasn’t my point at all.

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

No no no. Not one bit. I’m trying to say that while both get the intended result, opponents do not see it as honorable/valid/insightful. I thought I said this multiple times? Zerging is a tactic, and a valid one. People just don’t respect it because anyone with half a brain can throw bodies.

Yeah…. You compared how disrespectful a strat “zerging” it is to hacking. It’s exactly what I said.

Dude, no need to be snarky about this. Seriously?

Go back to your Sun Tzu remark and maybe you’ll understand why I’m starting to sound a little “snarky” :/

Concerning ourselves with points and the scoreboard isn’t the general play style

If that’s how you want to play, great, but don’t come in here acting as if you’re some superior strategist when you’ve simply got a different goal than we do, and it doesn’t envolve coming in 1st. One of the things I love most about Crystal Desert is that we play to win, even when outnumbered. We don’t generally run around looking for the easiest targets. Even in tier 3 when we were HUGELY outnumbered, our main focus was higher point targets held by the 1st place server. Even if that meant failure going against defended points. Why? Because avoiding the most important point gaining challenges is not how you will EVER take 1st.

In my opinion, trying and failing is much better than not trying at all. If you’re just playing for yourself and not to win, how good is that for your server?

We are losing, badly, and have been. Do you honestly think we aren’t aware that anything our small groups accomplish is frivolous in the grand scheme of it all?

When you use those frivolous accomplishments as a means to deny the over all effectivness of the winning server’s plan… I honestly do wonder if you’re understanding the bigger picture at all. Yes I do.

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

Hey, man. It’s all the guys we have to spare. Not sure you realize how undermanned Maguuma is most of the time. We hide it rather well with our mobility, but sometimes we can’t even afford to send 5 men into CD’s borderlands. Today we had the space to send 10 or so and we tried to take all we could before we got called back for keep defense. Definitely not playing for second. Just have to be careful to not overextend towards CD and have Ehmry Bay eat all our stuff.

Sure. I understand that, and I know it’s frustrating. I feel for you guys. Like I said, we were in that same boat against TC. The point was that we use our numbers to our advantage, and that keeps you guys from being able to do much else.

I have a lot of respect for both Mag and Ebay to be honest. I just don’t get why they can’t extend that respect to us.

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

I ALWAYS stay away from commanders who believe bodies are what is needed to take an objective for hours. There are times when you can take it which is ok, but if you have wiped out 2-3x already just pack it up and call it gg. It personally is just too demoralizing to do that, now its a different scenario when defending, revive and run back to objective asap and defend with your life.

I would do that too… but often when I go look for something else to do. There’s not much. When you have a good sized lead in points, and the enemy really isn’t doing anything to take back SMC, or challenge your own border lands… there isn’t much else to do but go into the enemy garrison and chuck grenades at the guys on the wall, and rez the fallen.

in WvW

Bones.5762

I would do that too… but often when I go look for something else to do. There’s not much. When you have a good sized lead in points, and the enemy really isn’t doing anything to take back SMC, or challenge your own border lands… there isn’t much else to do but go into the enemy garrison and chuck grenades at the guys on the wall, and rez the fallen.

Yeah i don’t blame you guys for having nothing to do, nobody is attacking you guys in your bl for whatever reason, i know why Maguuma stopped, but no need to go into that unless you want to know. Only place left is to go to Mag bl or EB bl, since you guys always have a great presence in eternal battlegrounds.

I’m not asking you guys to stopped doing this, because its actually fun, for me at least, i enjoy playing the game and not looking at the score, yes score does get me a little bit happy but doesn’t satisfy me as much as killing invaders.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Yeah…. You compared how disrespectful a strat “zerging” it is to hacking. It’s exactly what I said.

You’re not getting it at all. So I’m leaving it at that.

Go back to your Sun Tzu remark and maybe you’ll understand why I’m starting to sound a little “snarky” :/

That wasn’t me that said it. Even if it was, why would you not take the high ground and continue discussing it respectively? Please check the names before you quote or attribute them to other posters.

In my opinion, trying and failing is much better than not trying at all. If you’re just playing for yourself and not to win, how good is that for your server?

Wow, just wow. You are really lost in this conversation.

When you use those frivolous accomplishments as a means to deny the over all effectives of the winning server’s plan… I honestly do wonder if you’re understanding the bigger picture at all. Yes I do.

Holy cow! I wasn’t using it to deny your effectiveness. I said that it doesn’t keep us busy because we still go and cap things from you. You wonder if I understand “the bigger picture” but you can’t seem to grasp anything that I am saying. So yeah,
let’s agree to disagree. I came to terms with the fact that we have different forms of fun, and what my idea of fun is. If you honestly believe the only way to challenge yourself in WvW is to aim for first place, then so be it.

in WvW

Posted by: KamikazKid.4872

KamikazKid.4872

When losing transfer to the winning server*

Fixed this for you, in your case.

Totally bro, if you can’t beat ‘em join ’em! Yup everybody on the CD bandwagon toot! toot! I was told by my friends to start with them on CD, but couldn’t so I randomly picked Maguma’s instead needless to say I jumped your ship first time CD came open & don’t care what you think lol.

Same old song & dance, assume when someone says something about your server, they’re lying or have no ground. Cute. And you’re talking about two different times there, buddy. If you don’t think your oceanic presence isn’t a zerg compared to an NA presence (at that same time), then you’re a bad troll or really ignorant.

I don’t know what you’re trying to say here, yeah we have a good number of Oceanic players, but we are out-numbered by Maguma’s in NA Prime so really both sides zerg at different times and if you don’t like it go get some asians. My question is why doesn’t Maguma’s zerg do anything but defend when they outnumber us in prime-time?

Anzor Anak – Guardian
Kwisatz Haderach – For the Toast!

(edited by KamikazKid.4872)

in WvW

Posted by: Jamaz.9837

Jamaz.9837

It made me laugh so hard when EB fliped back their keep in the east from CD when CD attacked us in our keep in the west but failed. Great job on EB’s part for capitalizing.

Also mad props to Shadowmoon players, you guys sure kept things alive and fun when it was around 4am. I thought you guys did a great job wiping us when we had 15vs10 against you, it was one of the very few times our groups wiped. You guys coordinate extremely well, props to your commanders.

Appreciate the comment; what guild were you in?

I was just dumbstruck when Maguuma had outmanned buff around 1 AM when we saw a ball of your players. Then 5 minutes later, we had outmanned buff when I saw at least 30 of our own dots on my map. It was just ridiculous how Crystal Desert fielded 3 different guilds with 40 players+ each over the entire night.

We held out until 5 AM waiting for reinforcements since Friday nights are normally popular for us. It’s just help never came, so we weren’t able to retake our borderland with just our guild group of 10. Our poor turn out must be for the same reason Maguuma was mentioning last week; just bored and tired of being unable to win in the same match up.

Ehmry Bay – The Shadowmoon

(edited by Jamaz.9837)

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

That wasn’t me that said it. Even if it was, why would you not take the high ground and continue discussing it respectively?

Ok, you’re right . That wasn’t you, and I’m sorry about that. I don’t know why I should “take the high ground” though. If people can’t take insults they shouldn’t throw them.

I wasn’t using it to deny your effectiveness.

LoL… That’s EXACTLY what you were doing. I’m not lost in the conversation, you just say things and then try to change the meaning later.

you can’t seem to grasp anything that I am saying. So yeah,
let’s agree to disagree.

Doesn’t seem like you’re very good at making your point, so yes, lets.

in WvW

Posted by: Adein.2031

Adein.2031

Apparently I missed the memo that it’s alt-f4 when downed week? The number I’ve seen in the last 1.5 days is crazy.

Anyway, it seems we’ve (Ehmry) lost some of our enthusiasm compared to last week. But there’s still been some good fights. Maybe I can level an alt in wvw this time around.

Adein – SLAY – Thief – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

Apparently I missed the memo that it’s alt-f4 when downed week? The number I’ve seen in the last 1.5 days is crazy.

It’s funny. I’ve noticed it too. Seems maybe all the people complaining about it on the forums backfired, and now a whole bunch of players who didn’t know anything about it suddenly do.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Seems like it’s been steadily increasing over the past few weeks, it’s pretty lame.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Ok, you’re right . That wasn’t you, and I’m sorry about that. I don’t know why I should “take the high ground” though. If people can’t take insults they shouldn’t throw them.

I didn’t say you should do anything, I was just asking why you wouldn’t, simple question. It has nothing to do with the other person not being able to take the insult, but okay. Thread lightly, just because someone insults you doesn’t mean you should do the same. What good is it if both of you are banned?

Don’t answer that, go on doing what you want to do. You’ll adjust it as you see fit.

whoosh

Okay buddy, whatever you say.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Seems like it’s been steadily increasing over the past few weeks, it’s pretty lame.

I think more people are realizing now that you can do that, and taking the extra effort and loading screens to do so. I can only hope this means that there’s gonna be a fix soon with people making a new topic about it every couple of days.