12/14 TC - CD - FA

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: rhonyn.6810

rhonyn.6810

I think part of it certainly is that, as I sort of expounded on before, it’s not only hard to trust another realm to honor some type of agreement (not to mention actually enforcing it on both sides) but the knowledge that it is temporary encourages people to plan ahead against their allies or discourages them to even enter into an arrangement.

As for the ranking system: For me, at least, I don’t really care what tier the Coast is in. I really enjoy my server and all I really want are fights I enjoy. CD and FA generally deliver in this regard although there is a disparity that’s apparent because the same patterns repeat themselves. T2 would be fun, I think, and I’d like to push for it but at the same time if there was some type of major change and we started to drop down in tiers, I don’t know if I’d mind, again, so long as the opponents are fun.

In terms of the ranking system, it’s not really broken but it doesn’t really offer anything dynamic either. There’s ways to push against it but really I do think that there’s got to be some general shuffling at times. Not something like placing Kaineng against SoS or something like that but there has to be some way to have a system that, at times, gives different opponents.

I have no clue what that would be though.

warning incoming sweeping generalizations…..(ie obviously there are exceptions – but wvw is about large populations and general dynamics)

People like winning, people like advantages (greater chance of winning), people are generally selfish (personal rewards/fun> others)

All of this is evidenced by fotm classes/builds, “fair weather” player behavior, xfers tending to move from “losing” servers to “winning” servers, zerging etc etc…. As you said, this matchup is unbalanced, but you are having fun…..as I’m sure most of TC is….I suspect you didn’t have 4 map Q’s and 40 golem rushes when fighting SoS (? – sorry don’t recall server where TC was spawn camped)…..I’m guessing lots of your pop found excuses to PvE that week. (this isn’t TC specific, its all servers – back to original sweeping generalizations: winning is “fun”)

TC needs to work to get to t2 if you want it by your own design, but that prolly means getting a bit out of peoples comfort zones. You’ll need to play a bit more aggressive, you need to spread over the map a bit more (ie not have 90% of pop at one location – push multiple targerts), you’ll need to have people/commanders move maps when needed (that’s part of meta if you don’t fill maps), and you’ll need to keep FA and CD down (CD has higher rating actually, so you benefit more by keep them lower). All this comes with more risk though, which is counter to self interests…and requires more effort….translation: w/o commanders and large TC guilds pushing for this collectively ……its not going to happen.

So the reality is TC is likely in holding pattern until IoJ drops themselves -which seems to be happening – back to top comments..losing servers tend to lose numbers -YB is another example of that) TC could certainly make it happen quicker if you wanted to though.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Sam.8193

Sam.8193

Dawn’s Eyrie in CD border was flipped by FA 20 minutes ago with every defensive sieges untouched and there was no ram at the gate. My guild mate was around to upgrade the tower and left it to check the garrison and only a few minutes gone when the tower turned red. What a wonderful skill to have

o_O things like this also happened to TCBL’s hill and couple towers we held… all turned from green to red within a min after they became contested.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

This has happened a few times…I’m sure it’s only a few individuals who are doing the exploiting, but here is my plea: If you see someone on your own server exploiting, please PLEASE report them. Don’t take their portals taking you into keeps freely, don’t support them. The moment WvW becomes an exploit-fest, is the moment it starts to die. Just report them. There have been reports of all servers doing it, so lets just stop it by everyone not supporting it.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

Please mail me with who from TC exploited because I’ll report them myself. I don’t care what team you play on if you exploit then I want you banned. I would hope that every single person who has ever honorably enjoyed WvW would hold a zero tolerance policy and I think its the primary responsibility of the server in question to set an example and not get blinded by server animosity.

If you exploit on TC … we don’t want you, and we don’t want to benefit from your lack of morality.

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

This has happened a few times…I’m sure it’s only a few individuals who are doing the exploiting, but here is my plea: If you see someone on your own server exploiting, please PLEASE report them. Don’t take their portals taking you into keeps freely, don’t support them. The moment WvW becomes an exploit-fest, is the moment it starts to die. Just report them. There have been reports of all servers doing it, so lets just stop it by everyone not supporting it.

This ^

Well said

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

What I always do before taking one of these portals is ask who the mesmers are and ask them how they got in. There is no way for me to prove they are lying or not when they say they were hidden, but I take a screenshot so that it is documented if a particular situation proves contentious. It wont save the keep/tower, but it can at least hold those mesmers accountable after the fact.

~ AoN ~

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Hydrophidian.4319

Hydrophidian.4319

The moment WvW becomes an exploit-fest, is the moment it starts to die.

This needs to be kept firmly in mind on both sides of the equation.

While server communities shouldn’t let this sorta thing stand, neither should ANet.

I came on last night and saw a player using the same cheat that same player had used several nights previous.

That just shouldn’t happen. Not only should the person be gone already, but the cheat in question shouldn’t have survived the latest update.

This stuff needs to be fixed, fast.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: jinx.8169

jinx.8169

Could a commander from CD please contact me in game? I have some info on a hacker I would like to pass on to you for some internal policing.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Dolores.5471

Dolores.5471

Fort Aspenwood: SAVED BY THE BUILD.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Greyskies.2815

Greyskies.2815

Ok TC 30,000 points ahead…lets keep this up so we can finally leave this Tier. Just need SoR and BG to put the hammer on IoJ.

Buleye
Chronicles of Tyria (CoT)
Tarnished Coast (TC)

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Elite Slasher.3561

Elite Slasher.3561

Game of Throes 2 By Elite Slasher

After a little critical thinking and going through everything whats going on lately here is an update. TC have another server wide meeting of guilds and commanders and decide to push to tier 2 at all cost because FA/CD are are just too weak for them.
They know same tactic dolyak walk and cruel FA ruining it wont work anymore because Purple Dragons have not been heard of again on FA (coincidence…maybe). So here is a new plan TC knows how to hack better than other server and they need numbers. So they get all purple dragons back to TC for reinforcements. Today is the day to push everyone hard. TC thinks that all FA are Pving and they will see no resistance at taking everything on all maps again. So here is the plan builds a lot and lot of golems in EB (40 to be specific) there is even a video proof of it. And than push FA really really hard and catch them off guard because TC already have a lot of land in CD. The time for war comes. The major invasion begins. TC hits FA hard and fast. They got for Dreaming Bay. TC have to get it at all cost while its being upgraded and out of supply for defenders to defend. They rush the South gate and start taking it down fast. Oh what is that defenders actually shows up to defend what sorcery is that. TC starts panicking but they have to keep pushing because they outnumber defenders 3 to 1 and defenders cant build any siege. The first gate is down and TC is in they rush second gate. But wait a second there is some siege on inner south gate. After hitting on a wall for a while and almost wiping they know they have to change tactic. So they hide in water and swim to other side north gate. They have to stop defenders from coming in. They make a supply run fully resupply and rush north inner gate. FA defenders are desperate because even more TC shows and and most FA defenders gave up or died. TC mercilessly takes down gate and rush to lord room. Wipe all 10 defenders inside with around 30+ people. Then they build 3 rams in lords room as a token of accomplishment (probably to show that they outnumbered FA 3 to 1) . How siege on Hills in FA failed I am not going to talk about(boring). During all this happening FA gets informed that they are about to loose Overlook in EB to Golems. A few defenders show up but they cant make it. It only takes about 30 seconds more or less for 40 Golems to take both gates. So as soon as FA shows up Keep is lost. But FA spirit is not broken yet and they keep fighting really hard. So TC decides to use their brains to come up with another master plan. This will work send a few of our hackers who usually flip SMC for us to FA Server and manipulate FA into hacking server to get more people from TC again to fight hackers this week and also turn CD against FA also. With big grins they already started flooding forums how hackers are horrible and how FA keeping flipping TC and CD towers and keeps. The try to make an alliance by organizing a double team on FA. So TC just asked CD commander to whisper them for swift action against FA need to remove hackers from all borderlands. If it takes a manipulated dolyak peace walk, manipulated hackers and 40+ Golems for TC to get to tier 2 so be it. Also how did it happen that when attacked both keeps had an upgrade going and were out of supply I am not sure. But i think a mass supply removal by a lot of people right before attack (maybe another coincidence). Oh I am surprised I have not seen a lot of comments lately how FA defense is terrible and and how awesome TC and everything about it is. Have not seen many screenshots lately either.
To be continued…

Hope to see more good fighting! Bring on the fun!

Asking Anet to read this story and verify all information here please. Thanks you.

Fort Aspenwood
Commander Elite Slasher [PRO]

(edited by Elite Slasher.3561)

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Elite Slasher.3561

Not sure why you attacking FA while TC is in big lead. But suite yourself. We will fight to the end!

Fort Aspenwood

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Sam.8193

Sam.8193

THIS. Didn’t even get to use the golems we had.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

Ok TC 30,000 points ahead…lets keep this up so we can finally leave this Tier. Just need SoR and BG to put the hammer on IoJ.

Awww you guys will be missed dearly.

-FA

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

-FA

Likewise, I assure you.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

Not entirely sure TC is ready to move into Tier 2. We need 24/7 coverage for that and I don’t think we have it yet.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

-FA

Well with current scores you guys are in NO danger of going down a tier, so hopefully give us one hell of a fight when we inevitably get pushed back down to T3

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

We’ll probably hit like +20ppt during oceanic times and be firmly in last. As for what that’ll do to our morale…time to see if we still have the spirit from the BG/SoR days (oh hey we’ll fight them both if we go to T2 hooray >_>)

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

sooo u guys made a guild called FA{good luck in Tier 4 .lol well its funny that u put it up right before we wipe u.:-)

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Hekatombaion.4320

Hekatombaion.4320

We’ve got a queue for a borderland for the first time on a Sunday in who knows how long so I won’t necessarily say that we don’t have many players this week, but I think it’s just because we had to take back our garrison.

Italucuc[KH] – 80 Mesmer – Tarnished Coast

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: fenim.2395

fenim.2395

After a little critical thinking and going through everything whats going on lately here is an update. TC have another server wide meeting of guilds and commanders and decide to push to tier 2 at all cost because FA/CD are are just too weak for them.
They know same tactic dolyak walk and cruel FA ruining it wont work anymore because Purple Dragons have not been heard of again on FA (coincidence…maybe). So here is a new plan TC knows how to hack better than other server and they need numbers. So they get all purple dragons back to TC for reinforcements. Today is the day to push everyone hard. TC thinks that all FA are Pving and they will see no resistance at taking everything on all maps again. So here is the plan builds a lot and lot of golems in EB (40 to be specific) there is even a video proof of it. And than push FA really really hard and catch them off guard because TC already have a lot of land in CD. The time for war comes. The major invasion begins. TC hits FA hard and fast. They got for Dreaming Bay. TC have to get it at all cost while its being upgraded and out of supply for defenders to defend. They rush the South gate and start taking it down fast. Oh what is that defenders actually shows up to defend what sorcery is that. TC starts panicking but they have to keep pushing because they outnumber defenders 3 to 1 and defenders cant build any siege. The first gate is down and TC is in they rush second gate. But wait a second there is some siege on inner south gate. After hitting on a wall for a while and almost wiping they know they have to change tactic. So they hide in water and swim to other side north gate. They have to stop defenders from coming in. They make a supply run fully resupply and rush north inner gate. FA defenders are desperate because even more TC shows and and most FA defenders gave up or died. TC mercilessly takes down gate and rush to lord room. Wipe all 10 defenders inside with around 30+ people. Then they build 3 rams in lords room as a token of accomplishment (probably to show that they outnumbered FA 3 to 1) . How siege on Hills in FA failed I am not going to talk about(boring). During all this happening FA gets informed that they are about to loose Overlook in EB to Golems. A few defenders show up but they cant make it. It only takes about 30 seconds more or less for 40 Golems to take both gates. So as soon as FA shows up Keep is lost. But FA spirit is not broken yet and they keep fighting really hard. So TC decides to use their brains to come up with another master plan. This will work send a few of our hackers who usually flip SMC for us to FA Server and manipulate FA into hacking server to get more people from TC again to fight hackers this week and also turn CD against FA also. With big grins they already started flooding forums how hackers are horrible and how FA keeping flipping TC and CD towers and keeps. The try to make an alliance by organizing a double team on FA. So TC just asked CD commander to whisper them for swift action against FA need to remove hackers from all borderlands. If it takes a manipulated dolyak peace walk, manipulated hackers and 40+ Golems for TC to get to tier 2 so be it. Also how did it happen that when attacked both keeps had an upgrade going and were out of supply I am not sure. But i think a mass supply removal by a lot of people right before attack (maybe another coincidence). Oh I am surprised I have not seen a lot of comments lately how FA defense is terrible and and how awesome TC and everything about it is. Have not seen many screenshots lately either.
To be continued…

Asking Anet to read this story and verify all information here please. Thanks you.

Biased If your going to write a book I suggest you view all sides, it makes it more interesting than just hearing the lancaster side. Otherwise the other two are just subpar characters, not main ones.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: rhonyn.6810

rhonyn.6810

Not entirely sure TC is ready to move into Tier 2. We need 24/7 coverage for that and I don’t think we have it yet.

What does that matter….for the majority of the day (in particular primetime) you’d be fighting servers that are more competitive….in other words; for the majority of your player base you would have more competitive fights…would think you’d want that.

Based on another post looks like TC is getting another guild xfering over…from JQ….shocker a guild on a losing server xfers to a winning server :P.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Ordibble.3092

Ordibble.3092

Well with current scores you guys are in NO danger of going down a tier, so hopefully give us one hell of a fight when we inevitably get pushed back down to T3

Who knows. Ehmry Bay apparently just picked up a 450 person oceanic guild (someone mentioned from tier 1/2) so if they do what CD did to tier 4, then someone in tier 3 is likely going down regardless of whether TC is there or not.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: jinx.8169

jinx.8169

In response to my earlier post, I would like to say that after talking to a CD commander and the person in question, the issue was resolved. There was no hacking involved. Thank you to both of you and it was nice to be able to talk to you directly to be able to clear up the issue.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Traitine.8713

Traitine.8713

I made a Christmas themed video from last night’s carnage at Bluebriar. Watch it in HD and full screen! Enjoy!

80 Warrior – Akallos Traitine
www.ConstantWarfare.com

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I made a Christmas themed video from last night’s carnage at Bluebriar. Watch it in HD and full screen! Enjoy!

What a boring video. I kept thinking something is bound to happen, he made a video of the ‘carnage’ after all, but there was nothing

If that is what passes for farming badges when you are TC…. lol.

~ AoN ~

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

To be continued…

Paranoid much? We don’t need to manipulate you guys to beat you, we just use good scouts and keep an eye on the supply?

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

As you said, this matchup is unbalanced, but you are having fun…..as I’m sure most of TC is….I suspect you didn’t have 4 map Q’s and 40 golem rushes when fighting SoS (? – sorry don’t recall server where TC was spawn camped)…..I’m guessing lots of your pop found excuses to PvE that week. (this isn’t TC specific, its all servers – back to original sweeping generalizations: winning is “fun”)

Having been at the receiving end of some crushing defeats, I can assure you…at least for myself…that winning has nothing to do with my enjoyment factor. If others found reasons to not fight, I only found more reason to.

Obviously, this falls under your caveat of making big generalizations but since you jumped of my quite and used a personal noun to refer to me, I would like to offer myself as an exception to your rule. If only for posterity.

(edited by Sharpclaw.7510)

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

I really don’t see the point in badge farming. Just take the keep and move on.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

The reason TC is better than FA or CD is not simply down to numbers. In our Oceanic we are able to consistently make sure that we do not lose more than one keep whilst being outmanned on both sides of the map. We make CD work really hard to take Bay as well (Most of the time) and CD can vouch for our SunnyHill defense. The same issue occurs during FA or CD’s off-peak hours and they are unable to hold any of the keeps (maybe except garrison sometimes in CDBL).

Why is this? Because we share knowledge consistently between our pugs and guilds.

- Lots of regular WvWvWers and established commanders give Siege placement lessons in BL and EB to the pugs.
- We map out portal-ing waypoints, smart portaling tactics onto JPGS and give to all known mesmers for our golems and for our flanks.
- We know how to keep our thieves scouting smartly and contesting waypoints smartly.
- We have in-depth defense guides on each tower and keep written up and shared between the common guilds.
- We consistently urge people to not run solo and always party up as soon as they join BL, so in case we need a team to keep north supply camps flipped (during defense), or we need a team to flank into vale and destroy their trebs, or we need a balista team to flank and take out their siege → we dont have to ask people to party up and do it.
- We don’t do silly guild claiming of keeps and key towers and we make sure the guilds that claim it can activate multiple buffs around the clock.
- We understand micro-strategy MUCH better than you guys. In defense mode we don’t panic, we know how to use the repel timer to portal bomb you guys (timed well to respawn), we understand how to counter Golem rushes (Mortars and Balistas) and focus on that than our gate defense, we understand how to consistently adapt to superior number and superior siege during our oceanic time (look at Sunnyhill).
- Most commanders know each other and regular WvWvW veterans so information is consistently passed and our response jumping from BL to BL is extremely quick. We will abandon Inner SM Siege if it means keeping out borderland green.

And I think the biggest difference between FA and TC is that we understand prioritization of targets on defense and offense better than you guys. I don’t know how many times I see your commanders consistently moving from Lake to Briar or Briar to Lake and it makes me lol knowing you just made our defense easier.

There are many many other reasons that can be listed but these should be enough.

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

After a little critical thinking and going through everything whats going on lately here is an update. TC have another server wide meeting of guilds and commanders and decide to push to tier 2 at all cost because FA/CD are are just too weak for them….

-SNIPPED-

To be continued…

Paranoid much? We don’t need to manipulate you guys to beat you, we just use good scouts and keep an eye on the supply?

Actually, I find Elite Slasher’s post to be quite flattering.

Look at it this way. No matter how untrue and far fetched this guy’s story telling is, he actually believes this stuff! He thinks so highly of TC that we would have such a HUGE plan in the grand scheme of things like some of the stuff he listed.

For example, in his last post he stated something about TC staging the Dolyak event in order to give reason for us to fight FA. That just seems like a lot of extra unnecessary work considering you can look at the map right now and see TC’s name across ALL BL’s while still owning their home BL.

I mean, I always felt like we could use some improvement in our organization (there is always room for improvement!), but this guy makes it sound like we are master strategist. As if TC is capable of controlling each and every server like puppets. In a sense, he insults his own server for falling for such fallacies (if they were real).

More stories Elite! More stories!

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Sorry to read about your luck TC.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

CD player here, and I want to say Lanimal.6541’s post above is pretty dead on from my experience against TC.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Elite Slasher.3561

CD dont attack us guys plz not even events. I cant speak for the whole server in FA and TC might transfer a lot of people to attack you guys but I want a peace treaty for the rest of the week. Lets spill some Pink Blood. And Keeps you guys are loosing sorry about that we are not doing it TC is they send their hacker mesmers that always flip SMC to our server and keep flipping yours and even their own Keeps. If you see them report them immediately. GL CD guys I have respect for you, you fight fair. Let the TC blood spill. GL in Tier 4 guys. They always have spies too thats how they take all Keeps when they are not defended. While commanding I had to turn title off because of that. They always knew where I was and went straight for me. After I turned it off it stopped.

Have fun on battle filed everyone! Fight Fair!

Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Elite Slasher.3561)

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Elite Slasher’s stories not being satire?

…I don’t think that possibility crossed my mind.

What happened?

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Zynthetic.2954

Zynthetic.2954

Elite Slasher’s stories not being satire?

…I don’t think that possibility crossed my mind.

What happened?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Pink-Monkey-s-DEVS-now-on-TC

^ That? No idea otherwise. Regardless, TC doesn’t put up with hackers and exploiters on our server, and we’ll make sure they either get banned or transfer off in disgrace.

If it is just the other servers missing a mesmer or a random bug, then we’ve got no problems. Wouldn’t be the first time someones called me a hacker because someone built a wall back up on top of me and trapped me inside it.

Tarnished Coast - Principality of New Katulus [PiNK]
Commander Zynergise – 80 Hammer Guardian

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

What happened?

My guess? This happened:

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

Check next week’s matchup section.

It’s still too early though, the week has only just started. Not sure how the momentum goes after the weekend for all 3 servers and the one’s above and below our tier. Anything can change until reset (or atleast 2 days before reset).

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

My guess? This happened:

It’s still too early though, the week has only just started. Not sure how the momentum goes after the weekend for all 3 servers and the one’s above and below our tier. Anything can change until reset (or atleast 2 days before reset).

Oh my gosh! That is not good. We weren’t suppose to be in tier 2 until AFTER the Wintersday Event!

This will hurt…..

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Elite Slasher.3561

I like Red and Blue colors way better than green :/. Sorry TC guys. Actually blue is my favorite color.

Fort Aspenwood

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Astry.9476

Astry.9476

My guess? This happened:

Oh my gosh! That is not good. We weren’t suppose to be in tier 2 until AFTER the Wintersday Event!

This will hurt…..

I can only hope those rankings stay the same and switches are made. Am looking forward to something different myself (as I’m sure a lot of people are.)

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

phaneo.4597

Guess it’s something else regarding some guild transferring over. Saw the other post after my first one. If we get guilds that exploit, I’m leaving WvWvW (not that my crappy 3hr playtime means much to server anyways, but I always held pride in fighting for a server well known for mature players) until things are set right. I’d rather lose in T3, rather than exploit my way to victory in T2. We want respectable guilds (which we have), not the one’s that are hated or feared (from that other thread).

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: ryan.3915

ryan.3915

I’m very sad to hear the news about TC too. Too bad the major guilds can’t ex-communicate them or something.

Blaine Warbler, Thief
EDMW, Jade Quarry.
I still love Crystal Dessert tho.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Elite Slasher.3561

I really hope Anet looks at this soon and ban all those hacking thiefs. :/

Fort Aspenwood

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

phaneo.4597

I really hope Anet looks at this soon and ban all those hacking thiefs. :/

Any hackers/exploiters, regardless of their class. Honestly, I’m glad I’m a noob.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Ketharius.9018

Ketharius.9018

The reason TC is better than FA or CD is not simply down to numbers. In our Oceanic we are able to consistently make sure that we do not lose more than one keep whilst being outmanned on both sides of the map. We make CD work really hard to take Bay as well (Most of the time) and CD can vouch for our SunnyHill defense. The same issue occurs during FA or CD’s off-peak hours and they are unable to hold any of the keeps (maybe except garrison sometimes in CDBL).

Why is this? Because we share knowledge consistently between our pugs and guilds.

- Lots of regular WvWvWers and established commanders give Siege placement lessons in BL and EB to the pugs.
- We map out portal-ing waypoints, smart portaling tactics onto JPGS and give to all known mesmers for our golems and for our flanks.
- We know how to keep our thieves scouting smartly and contesting waypoints smartly.
- We have in-depth defense guides on each tower and keep written up and shared between the common guilds.
- We consistently urge people to not run solo and always party up as soon as they join BL, so in case we need a team to keep north supply camps flipped (during defense), or we need a team to flank into vale and destroy their trebs, or we need a balista team to flank and take out their siege -> we dont have to ask people to party up and do it.
- We don’t do silly guild claiming of keeps and key towers and we make sure the guilds that claim it can activate multiple buffs around the clock.
- We understand micro-strategy MUCH better than you guys. In defense mode we don’t panic, we know how to use the repel timer to portal bomb you guys (timed well to respawn), we understand how to counter Golem rushes (Mortars and Balistas) and focus on that than our gate defense, we understand how to consistently adapt to superior number and superior siege during our oceanic time (look at Sunnyhill).
- Most commanders know each other and regular WvWvW veterans so information is consistently passed and our response jumping from BL to BL is extremely quick. We will abandon Inner SM Siege if it means keeping out borderland green.

And I think the biggest difference between FA and TC is that we understand prioritization of targets on defense and offense better than you guys. I don’t know how many times I see your commanders consistently moving from Lake to Briar or Briar to Lake and it makes me lol knowing you just made our defense easier.

There are many many other reasons that can be listed but these should be enough.

Oh my, I was trying to figure out a way to word this, but this is far superior to what I would have typed out. Also, I’d like to add another point. Biased and only experienced through my point of view, but it seems to me that the Chat in TC is so well mannered majority of the time and our Pugs are always willing to follow orders.

TC Zergs! You may call them Zergs if you’d like, but it is not a Zerg if you were to read and see what goes on in a so called TC ‘Zerg.’ I was amazed when I followed my first few commanders, they’re able to communicate exactly what they want the ‘Zerg’ to do. Commanders usually know what their ‘Zerg’ would like to do, but they also know what the ‘Zerg’ needs to do. So a lot of our Commanders sometimes say “Okay, you guys can fight for a while, have fun! Make sure to settle back in when we’re ready.” No one says anything, they just go on a murder spree, but other times the Commanders would say “It’d be fun to fight that FA/CD Zerg, but let’s make sure we complete these objectives first, after that we can have some fun.” Another thing that I like about our ‘Zergs’ is that we can change trajectory and tactics at the slightest word of a Commander. If we need Stability and Healing going out, people will get out of combat change to those skills and proceed to help (if they can.) Or if we want to take something quick, Commanders would ask Mesmers (and whoever else can) to switch to Time Warp or other Quickness abilities for Sieges, mass Revives, Siege Clearing, etc.

Honestly, I fell in love with this game even more after experiencing moments like that. Strangers and acquainted players communicating so… so beautifully in the midst of battle. Sometimes, I want to squeal with joy at the awesome teamwork that I see happening, it’s so refreshing from other MMOs and their PvP. “l2play baddie” – “ur so kittenn bad omg” – “u guys r so stupid wow really wow no way ur that kitten #8221; – and other similar forms of that.

Tarnished Coast
[FUNK] Squad

(edited by Ketharius.9018)

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Bit.2519

Bit.2519

So, in the midst of all the hax claim, and negativity,(you guys really make the forums toxic sometimes ) I figured I would share a fun video of me and a couple buddies trying to run away from TC from the other night out in WvW. I was having way too much fun. Hope you guys enjoy!

Don’t chase me plz!

Commander Lady Sayrah-Fort Aspenwood [PRO]
http://www.twitch.tv/bitcloud1 http://www.youtube.com/JetstormTV

(edited by Bit.2519)

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: jagans curse.4892

jagans curse.4892

To be continued…

wow, what an imagination, but seems like pure fiction to me…btw your english is terrible

Jagannath Vishnu Level 81 warrior [PiNK] -
Tarnished Coast.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Cord.5371

Cord.5371

- We consistently urge people to not run solo and always party up as soon as they join BL, so in case we need a team to keep north supply camps flipped (during defense), or we need a team to flank into vale and destroy their trebs, or we need a balista team to flank and take out their siege -> we dont have to ask people to party up and do it.

No, you win because you have the numbers. In this type of game that cures most any other ills. If all 3 servers had max numbers and queues on all 4 maps, then I’d buy a different theory. Now, if you move up to tier 2 and win there, then I’ll reevaluate that opinion and tip my hat to you.

Fort Aspenwood Dolyak Killing Society
www.purpledragons.net
www.fort-aspenwood.com

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Boom.9304

Boom.9304

wow, what an imagination, but seems like pure fiction to me…btw your english is terrible

And this is just uncalled for. English is not everyone’s primary language, by the by. Grammar, spelling and punctuation elitism isn’t contributing to the discussion.

Creativity is encouraged and rampant across TC.

Furthermore, CD and FA have really, really brought it this week. For the short amount of time I’ve been in the BL maps this week I’ve had my rear handed to me plenty and have faced some awfully fun adversaries.

Keep on keepin’ on!

Boomkins / Ayvaree
Bringer of Hellfire & “Dirtnapping Diva”
Leader, Transcendent Veneration [TV] – Tarnished Coast

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Boom.9304

Boom.9304

I figured I would share a fun video of me and a couple buddies trying to run away from TC from the other night out in WvW. I was having way too much fun. Hope you guys enjoy!

Don’t chase me plz!

Bahaha, this is AWESOME. I’ve had some of my favorite skirmishes in the borderlands this week. I’m an EB frequenter but those borders were intense.

Wicked ele. PM tips and advice, plox. See signature for why. XD

Boomkins / Ayvaree
Bringer of Hellfire & “Dirtnapping Diva”
Leader, Transcendent Veneration [TV] – Tarnished Coast