12/21 Yak's Bend/Maguuma/Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Come on guys. Keep it Civil.

I’ve been having fun in East Keep Dragon brand Borderlands. A Solitary Monument to our stalwart defense, and ability to ferry in supplies from other worlds.

God bless that waypoint. It’s the only thing allowing us to hold.

Attachments:

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

Maguuma is officially the official role playing server.

What a coincidence! Yak’s bend is the official role-for-serious server.

we don’t play.

This will be interesting indeed.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Sypsy.7318

Sypsy.7318

I… thought TC was the unofficial RP server for north america….?

http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/
Scroll down, on the left.

Maybe Dragonbrand is just a PvE server like Yak’s Bend?

JQ
Elemental Concept
Illusionary Concept

(edited by Sypsy.7318)

in WvW

Posted by: lessurl.6107

lessurl.6107

There is no /bow and /wave peaceful jumping puzzle camaraderie. You zerg maps you already completely own (why?!); and not just small zergs either…. no. I Was just in YB BL flipping a few camps and killing a few yaks and even though you owned 100% of the map… you came down on me and the 1 other guy on the map with a group of 40+!

Holy wtf.

Unfortunate timing on your part. Going by the time of your post I’m guessing you appeared just after we pushed Maguuma off our BL. This, plus the “unfortunate incident” at east keep, means there were still a lot of people running around doing the upgrading/sieging up jobs. As soon as a sniff of any sort of action was had, they all would have rushed straight there for something to break up the tedium.

Since I’m here I might as well also add that I am mightily impressed with what I have seen of Maguuma so far. This is the first chance I’ve had to play since we dropped to this tier (this is a busy time of year for me) and had a completely different image of what they were like formed from reading the last couple weeks of matchup threads. Definately a case of not judging a book by it’s cover (or in this case by paying attention to a servers vocal minority).

Vallurl[TOG] – Elementalist – Yak’s Bend
Valless[TOG] – Necromancer – Yak’s Bend
Vallrior[TOG] – Warrior – Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Ryan.6951

Ryan.6951

Wow, a neconecoknights guy was what, walljumping? teleporting? circumventing the map?

I’d like to see it, I’ve run wvw with the taiwan guilds a fair bit and never seen anyone doing those things.

in WvW

Posted by: kujalord.5849

kujalord.5849

(after killing numerous hackers in the hour or so before they arrived), Dragonbrand continued to try to exploit their way into the keep.

Are you sure your defending keep on time?

Or is it too laggy for you to see we have 3 golem and 10 mesmer rushing that keep?

ruby
[SONG]

in WvW

Posted by: Ryan.6951

Ryan.6951

Seriously.

I was just in there taking your keep.

again.

No one wall climbed, teleported, anything of the sort. Put your head on straight, we beat your south door open with rams, walked in, decided we liked the look of it and took it.

Quit crying… I mean seriously, earlier in the thread we’ve got this:
“I’ve been having fun in East Keep Dragon brand Borderlands. A Solitary Monument to our stalwart defense, and ability to ferry in supplies from other worlds.
God bless that waypoint. It’s the only thing allowing us to hold.”

So maguuma has no qualms about using contested waypoints to hold keeps they shouldn’t; bragging about it here even.

And then you yak’s bend claim every single time you lose you keep it MUST be hackers. oh lawd it couldn’t be anything BUT hackers! No really! they hax! We have proof trust us!

I’ve been in your borderlands for 3 hours. We took your keeps, we took your garrison, we left for a bit and they we took your keeps again. 4 major captures and I was right there at the doors for each of them.

Enough. If anything actually happened then show it but for pity’s sake quit crying wolf.

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Since I’m here I might as well also add that I am mightily impressed with what I have seen of Maguuma so far. This is the first chance I’ve had to play since we dropped to this tier (this is a busy time of year for me) and had a completely different image of what they were like formed from reading the last couple weeks of matchup threads. Definately a case of not judging a book by it’s cover (or in this case by paying attention to a servers vocal minority).

Same to you. This thread started well before the same old people started talking the same old trash but this has definitely been one of the best matches I’ve played. I don’t care whether we win or lose. Dragonbrand is the same as always. If you haven’t played them before you probably wont know what to expect but have gotten used to preparing for it. We can’t handle their asia crew and neither can yaks. Our goal is to lose as slowly as possible over night but the strong night presence from DB always makes things interesting for the other two teams – especially if they share timezone coverage.

This match has been awesome for the psyops mindgames. We have had nearly 30 golems hidden in our borderland and it is under near constant threat of being rushed from both servers. We’ve seen YB and DB both create so much (deliberate) map noise that I can’t even read a map. We need to post scouts literally everywhere to confirm. We have seen golems hidden in Quaggan houses and other ingenious spots, feints, waypoint blocking.

YB is definitely an attacking server because we haven’t played anyone that trades up better. If you go for an objective, YB will hit 2 of yours on the opposite side of the map, so you always have to make sure YB is out of position. You can never let them use waypoints otherwise they don’t have to make trades. They successfully defend and backcap at the same time because they have superior map mobility.

The only thing I will say is that YB seems to play that offensive trading game in their own borderland, but borderland defense is really very different to offence. Either way, I’m proud to be fighting YB and DB. Stayed up for over 24 hours just running on ideas and adrenaline.

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

It seems like people trolling now with the accusations. NNK is fierce and I have not seen them fight dishonourably.

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I was so tired yesterday I didn’t even get in voice comm. I missed some amazing fights. I’m proud of Maguuma. When I logged off last night we were making +340 per tick.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Furey.6734

Furey.6734

It seems like people trolling now with the accusations. NNK is fierce and I have not seen them fight dishonourably.

I agree. NNK is a large guild on DB with a good reputation. Why would they ruin their reputation by cheating? Btw, I was there at the east keep and they broke the walls and then took down the inner gate.

Either way, if you saw something and have proof. Send it to Anet and stop complaining here because nothing will happen from this thread.

Commander Cristyn
Masters of Combat [Duel]
Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

If you review Nut’s post history, you will see that he’s the reason the threads keep getting locked.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Chimaira.8534

Chimaira.8534

Wow.

Coming from the unofficial role play server and you guys are our first opponents who take themselves seriously…. and boy do you ever take yourselves seriously.

There is no /bow and /wave peaceful jumping puzzle camaraderie. You zerg maps you already completely own (why?!); and not just small zergs either…. no. I Was just in YB BL flipping a few camps and killing a few yaks and even though you owned 100% of the map… you came down on me and the 1 other guy on the map with a group of 40+!

Holy wtf.

Plus thieves. Jesus you guys field a lot of cookie cutter thieves. Just kittening tons of them…. everywhere thieves. GROUPS of kittening thieves! Can’t fault you for using such a broken build but really…. don’t you ever get bored of permastealth cheese and mindless zerging?

I’m hoping we drop back a tier to where wvw was way more fun.

The only map we completely owned last night was our own… we were kicking you out cause you kept on taking supply camps. To upgrade a tower / keep what do you need …. ? So you annoying little groups kept taking them so we came out and started to run you over and it worked, we got peace for 30 minutes if not more.

EDIT: I hope your not the 2 guys that weren’t 80 that were trying to take the supply camp. Cause 20 seconds later , 20+ yaks came strolling in, which nearly took the supply but it was a nice try.

Edit #2 : just logged in to see DB trying to take NW tower from our BL… good work on that it was fully upgraded. I don’t know what happened to Maguuma there.

(edited by Chimaira.8534)

in WvW

Besetment.9187

Dunno why people are trashing NNK. We fight their main force every night and they are legit.

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

These threads are making me sad lately.

I still maintain if you see people exploiting on DB; report them.
I don’t want them on our server and I don’t want them to be part of the reason we win.

But calling out the entire server as cheaters on the forum is going to do nothing. (especially without screenshots or video, I don’t think Anet bans on hearsay)
Out of the hundreds of people participating in wvw on any given server, there’s like… 5 to 10 posting in these threads from each server. Major chances is that the exploiters don’t even see these posts and all you’re doing is throwing accusations against the legit players.

Report it and send it off to Anet and let their admins do their job.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

DB takes the lead.

Attachments:

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

Yaks Bend getting owned I find this hilarious.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

They aren’t really getting that much owned… They are still very close in points, and shouldn’t be counted out just yet.

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

They aren’t really getting that much owned… They are still very close in points, and shouldn’t be counted out just yet.

considering their population i just find it funny

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Tarjaic.5269

Tarjaic.5269

I wish all the servers would stop trash talking and enjoy a truly good match. I have not seen one this close or well fought yet, kudos to all three servers.

Commander Edgar The Dyslexic
[EA] Elephant Ambush
DragonBrand

in WvW

Posted by: Subtle.4596

Subtle.4596

lol our population is way down due to Christmas holidays
wayyyyyyyy down

Subtle/Not Subtle
80Thief/80Guard
Yaksbend Commander

in WvW

Posted by: rush.1492

rush.1492

lol our population is way down due to Christmas holidays
wayyyyyyyy down

Maguuma is also suffering in numbers. We had the worst reset in a long time. I’m not sure about dragon brand, but here in maguuma our numbers are down a lot too. We can also tell by our population in our very own mumble. I know how u feel subtle.

On another note. I have seen a lot of brilliant play by both Yaks and DB. It amazes me how close this match-up is. I have a lot of respect for both servers. Keep up the brilliant play my friends. As for maguuma, we will keep it interesting for you as well. Keep on fighting.

[ARK]Xelo Prime
Arkham – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

lack of population because of Xmas is not an excuse. everyone is getting hit hard by it.

in WvW

Posted by: Ekove.4586

Ekove.4586

Just like we won last week and the week before by more players, we are losing right now for the same reasons. It’s always about population and coverage, always….

in WvW

Posted by: Tynan.6279

Tynan.6279

Don’t feed the Bunnzy Troll, his own server has warned against it!

Wreckd ~ Mesmer/Warrior/Necro
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast ~ FA

in WvW

rush.1492

This match up is ruined by cheating.

DB biggest bunch of cheaters I have seen. Mag not far behind.

Don’t forget Yaks!!!!!!!

I have not witnessed any Yaks cheating in 3 months on the server. But I am guessing it does happen from time to time. Thing is with Mag and Db they do it every single day its obvious. Its pathetic really.

Cheaters operate on their own. We as a server do not approve of them. It is not like we pay them gold to keep doing it. As for myself… i have been playing WvW for a while now… and i have yet seen any type of cheating other than 1 wall jump by CD. And 1 by our very own BL.

When i was commanding I think it was last week in the yaks bl. We were about to take NW tower. Someone in my group decided to jump over the gate/wall. We capped it before we breached. It would have taken us about another 30 seconds to take the tower. So I decided to keep the Maguuma zerg inside the tower for 5 minutes. we stayed there then pushed out. It does not make up for what was done i know… but at the very least we could give you that. This may have happen 2 weeks ago i don’t remember. But we made sure all of us reported the person that wall jumped.

There is nothing we can do about a lot of things until Anet fixes them all. All of us as servers alone should take initiative by reporting the cheaters and wall jumpers. You should not blame the server as a whole for some of the bad apples we all have.

[ARK]Xelo Prime
Arkham – Maguuma

in WvW

Besetment.9187

Just like we won last week and the week before by more players, we are losing right now for the same reasons. It’s always about population and coverage, always….

Pretty much this. I agree with Xela that we had a false start on reset but on Saturday we had a queue in YB Borderland. That never happens. I actually think our numbers are up over christmas – especially during off peak since alot of us don’t have to go into work on Monday and finals are done. So all the college folks have some free time to play.

in WvW

kujalord.5849

How you guys get in here?

Does anyone can do a video record report to Anet? Because i really dont want this to happen the whole week and is really ruinning the fun….

Attachments:

ruby
[SONG]

in WvW

rush.1492

Does anyone can do a video record report to Anet? Because i really dont want this to happen the whole week and is really ruinning the fun….

I know how we got in there. You guys need to do a better job in sweeping for mesmers.

[ARK]Xelo Prime
Arkham – Maguuma

(edited by rush.1492)

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

The keep you just gained like 10 mins ago? That keep? Cause logically there was a couple mesmers.

in WvW

Posted by: Puddin Cheeks.8539

Puddin Cheeks.8539

As a US prime time player on DB I have to say it is funny seeing all the servers we face always say it is our asian crew that wins it for us. If that is the easy way out of an excuse for why we have good pressure then that is fine as well. As for us guys that play US time we have been outnumbered for several weeks in a row but somehow always manage to hold the line and keep the points averaged. Just ask the 40 man borlis pass crew last week that couldn’t take hills from 8 people for over a solid hour. We wiped them 4 times before they finally rolled over us. The numbers game has always been in our enemies favor and it has never bothered us one bit.

When every defense feels like the Alamo we build a lot of camaraderie as a team. Most servers will always outnumbered us but we will never roll over.

I look forward to the rest of this matchup and my holiday wish is that maguuma would quit exploiting the hills keep every time we finally get it back. It has been a great fight so far and look forward to seeing how it all plays out.

PS gratz to all involved last night in flipping Stonemist even before most of the asian crew had logged on

- Puddin Cheeks [W]
- [EA] Elephant Ambush
- DragonBrand since 8/25/12

in WvW

Posted by: TheFinal.9847

TheFinal.9847

I know how we got in there. You guys need to do a better job in sweeping for mesmers.

Unfortunately, we know Maguuma always hide mesmer in keep. I require my guild sweep it carefully. I have checked every place at keep,and to send my guild keep sweeping. It still happens again.

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Just because you sweep for mesmers doesn’t mean you do a good job sweeping for mesmers. No offense, just sayin.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

kujalord.5849

The keep you just gained like 10 mins ago? That keep? Cause logically there was a couple mesmers.

Its not 10 minutes ago because we have 2 people doing the upgrading stuff inside

and the wall is been upgraded and secondly we are upgrading workers and suddenly we

are being alert enemys already in lord room…

I dont think you can do that upgrade in 10 minute with 0 supply in the beginning and

most of us are busy recapping camp that being flipped all the time

ruby
[SONG]

in WvW

saiyr.3071

The mesmer we had is well known our community and we seriously doubt he did anything wrong. I think you should accept that, just as we accept that NNK is a totally legit guild, and we should move on. We are not going to tell you how he was hidden, you’ll just have to deal with it

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

Its not 10 minutes ago because we have 2 people doing the upgrading stuff inside

and the wall is been upgraded and secondly we are upgrading workers and suddenly we

are being alert enemys already in lord room…

I dont think you can do that upgrade in 10 minute with 0 supply in the beginning and

most of us are busy recapping camp that being flipped all the time

It wasn’t a long time ago. 20 mins or so. It’s not like we’re talking hours here. You can clearly see in the pics that the keep has exactly zero upgrades finished on it. Not even workers.

Couple mesmers chilling in a keep for half an hour? That’s pretty much par the course.

in WvW

Posted by: Tarjaic.5269

Tarjaic.5269

I was there with NNK as u can see in the screenshot. Both guilds swept and had a constant presence in hills. I don’t want to accuse people but there is very little to no chance that a mesmer managed to avoid us. Much less port people directly to inner. Hills inner is notoriously hard to hide in much less avoid 15 people for 30 min or so.

Commander Edgar The Dyslexic
[EA] Elephant Ambush
DragonBrand

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Well then you can let Arena.Net sort it out, but I don’t think you should continue to make accusations unless you really like getting threads locked. I trust that guy more than I trust your word for obvious reasons (I know him, I don’t know you).

(edited by saiyr.3071)

in WvW

TheFinal.9847

I know Maguuma mesmer hiding skill is better than us. Honestly, we always learn their hiding skill. Therefore, I send my guild to keep sweeping and hide at keep, because we may know some new places to hide.

in WvW

kujalord.5849

The mesmer we had is well known our community and we seriously doubt he did anything wrong. I think you should accept that, just as we accept that NNK is a totally legit guild, and we should move on. We are not going to tell you how he was hidden, you’ll just have to deal with it

Ok then~

there’s something new to learn again

ruby
[SONG]

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Ok then~

there’s something new to learn again

Thanks for being understanding, I hope the rest of the match is this close

in WvW

TheFinal.9847

Next time, you also need to check our hiding people before you portol in.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhoto.8791

Rhoto.8791

Hoping I get a chance to see what DB is made of sometime this week… but the parents are visiting and my wife won’t let me play =(

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]
Original [OG] (good times)

in WvW

Posted by: Acelerion.6820

Acelerion.6820

DB seems like good guys for the most part. A lot of solo/duo/trios from what I remember.

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief
http://www.youtube.com/user/Axcelerion?feature=watch – Small group videos

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

I’m really enjoying this matchup, a lot more than I was enjoying the constant pressure from Ebay that was obviously dragging our score down.

Unfortunately, due to the way the ratings work, Maguuma will actually be ranked below Ebay next week if the score continues as it is, even if we win. That’s a little unfortunate, because we’ll be right back where we’ve been for the past 2 months. This new matchup was a lot more fun.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

Unfortunately, due to the way the ratings work, Maguuma will actually be ranked below Ebay next week if the score continues as it is, [b]even if we win[b].

I find that so wacky. Imagine the winner of the match up getting knocked down a tier? It’s totally possible, but also mind boggling at the same time.

in WvW

John Widdin.9618

If the Winner gets knocked down, what happens to the other two teams?

Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

They’d chill at the same tier.

in WvW

John Widdin.9618

That makes so little sense.

Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

I’ll make an attempt to explain it. It’s because each server has a specific total overall score from all their matches, and based on that score your current score is judged against the other two servers scores.

So like, in this match up, Yaks total overall points from all their match ups is 120 higher than Mags. And Mags is 30 higher than DBs. Now, because Yaks total points are so high, they’re expected to stomp both Mag and DB. And because they aren’t, their points are current dropping down by 60. Which is a lot, but not so much to bring their total score below Mags. On the flip side, DB can be losing but if they keep it close, they’d be doing better than what was expected of them, so their points might move up by 40 or so. Which would put them ahead of Mag. So, as you can see, we’re put in this really weird situation atm where unless we totally decimate either DB or Yaks, Mag will still most likely be the one to be dropped down to T5 because of how absolutely EBay is destroying the opposition down there.

(edited by Rhyis.7058)