19/10/2012 Emery Bay vs. Anvil Rock vs Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Hymnosi.5928

Hymnosi.5928

7 golems down the kitten in Eternal, silly pilots decided they could tank the oil for some reason. Sad day for us.

One day we will win, just not this day.

Attachments:

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer
Commander of Phantom Core [CORE] on Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Grendel.7918

Grendel.7918

7 golems down the kitten in Eternal, silly pilots decided they could tank the oil for some reason. Sad day for us.

One day we will win, just not this day.

loved that. sat on the wall and blew them all up. it was fantastic…

in WvW

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

1 Day down and Ehmry Bay is surprisingly doing quite well. Though I’d like to see more of you Anvil Rock folks out there. We might be on top right now but maybe yall can change that.

Borlis Pass? Good fights today in your BL. If we slip, let us have it.

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

in WvW

Posted by: Plok.6145

Plok.6145

What did today look like? ZERGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG and then ZERGGGGGGGGGGGG then some more ZERGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, and then when we are able to take something using smarts, ZERGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. My kingdom for some population.

Sincerely,

Commander Plok The Original Leader of Shadow of Agony [GOAT]

in WvW

Posted by: Hakato.9650

Hakato.9650

Well that was a joke. Just lost the orb in Anvil Rock because people seem to think defending a tower was more important than defending the orb. 6 people defending the orb, 15 defending the tower. GG. It sucks I love Borlis Pass too much to leave it.

Server – Borlis Pass
Guild – FIST Leader
Main Toon – Razzer Fel Level 80 Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Jestersmiles.4365

Jestersmiles.4365

Here we go again ,we going to win and some how get catapulted to a bracket we have no business being in, lose 3 weeks straight and come back to this fight.

sigh…..

“Thank you for rezzing me”- Thankful Stranger
“Np, it part of the Job :) " – Proud Guardian.

in WvW

Posted by: lBANKAll.2183

lBANKAll.2183

There is like no point in trying anymore for borlis and anvil lol…………. Borlis gonna be last though ^^

Commander IBANKAI Lord of Quaggans
[ALS] Anvil’s Last Stand Guild Leader

in WvW

lBANKAll.2183

Well that was a joke. Just lost the orb in Anvil Rock because people seem to think defending a tower was more important than defending the orb. 6 people defending the orb, 15 defending the tower. GG. It sucks I love Borlis Pass too much to leave it.

Honestly… you have no chance lol…… it’s not your server at all

in WvW

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

My personal opinion is the bottom bracket should be just deleted since the population levels are just bearly there to support it, then you get a server like ebay which has obviously a slightly larger population then BP and Anvil, so when ebay wins ~ like Jester mentioned gets propelled into a bracket it has no chance against because of sheer population numbers.

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

I would be happy for server merges. I welcome some new friends to team up with. It would make wvw more interesting after all. (wouldn’t mind if more of the bot’s got deleted too.)

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Plutonium.1308

Plutonium.1308

It’s sort of…. hostile in this tier eh?

Just the first day, and the fights were fun as hell.

Score update 6:30 AM first night:
25k ehmry
6k borlis
6k anvil

Observe Adapt Overcome
[FTF]Danke Bitte

in WvW

Hakato.9650

Every time we get into a battle I don’t think once I was able to see the enemy, I died atleast 5 times running into an invisible zerg of 20. And it’s not my rendering.

Server – Borlis Pass
Guild – FIST Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Supersun.4603

Supersun.4603

Yes, there are issues with the Culling that ANet is trying to fix.

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

./sigh

Apparently in order to win, we must form a giant zergball and start swinging. Little to no skill required at all.

I’m going back to structured.

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in WvW

Posted by: Jamaz.9837

Jamaz.9837

That marine marauder medic ball.

Ehmry Bay – The Shadowmoon

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

my guild had fun last night, as always fighting out manned and out gunned and winning battles anyway.

i get tired of the qq about being outnumbered when we were in 2nd place as of when i went to bed last night at 1am and had more points on the map with only a small gap behind AR when i woke up this morning.

anyways what i thought was funnest part of last night was when both ehmry and anvil broke into bay on AR map and ebay went straight toward anvil’s treb that was trained on our inner then about 10 or 15 of us in a mixed guild force came in from their flank and wiped them with no survivors after they saved our inner from AR. was the highlight of my night for sure.

anyways if our commanders and would be server leaders are just going to whine about numbers i guess we can cede the match already less than 24 hours in. gg borlis pass, gg.

who doesn’t love wow clones?

in WvW

Posted by: AlecFair.1270

AlecFair.1270

Did the start of this match and from EBs end Borlis kept coming while Anvil did some opportunity shots on us. Both sides did pretty well during the WvW prime time starting of the game. And even if EB does dominate the map and shoot through first there is always the fight for second and EB are just the casualties in Anvil Rocks and Borlis Passes battle for that position.

And the lower servers don’t need to be taken down when the most interesting fights happen there since most of those guys are on even groundings population wise, no wait times, and most of them are going by strategy instead of sheer numbers like the middle bracket servers mostly have.

Tarnished Coast – Got mah Toast on. :V
Tizzle Mindwrack – Crazy Asura Lore Keeper of [AARM]

(edited by AlecFair.1270)

in WvW

Hakato.9650

Well I’ve been playing WvW from 8pm till 10am. And seen and did a lot. Had some epic battles today against EB. Had a trolling commander redzone or w.e his name is build rams inside of a tower.

None the less I recorded a lot of video from over the night..

Server – Borlis Pass
Guild – FIST Leader

in WvW

Posted by: epicsmooth.7825

epicsmooth.7825

Well I’ve been playing WvW from 8pm till 10am. And seen and did a lot. Had some epic battles today against EB. Had a trolling commander redzone or w.e his name is build rams inside of a tower.

None the less I recorded a lot of video from over the night..

Indeed was a great night.

Was fun with bogging down those 10-15+ EB besieging Cliff against me and those other 2 people (can’t remember names) while everyone else snatched the garrison…..door had barely anything left once the garrison cavalry came to save the day for us lol.

in WvW

Hakato.9650

Haha I think I got that on video actually.

Server – Borlis Pass
Guild – FIST Leader

in WvW

dirtyklingon.2918

i smy video from last night. i changed some of my binds around recently because gw2 has issues with modifier binds not working properly, so since then i keep doing a bad job of recording since i’ve had fraps toggled to the same button for 8 years now…

here’s pergonia’s video which looks like it starts right after where mine ends. he’s a much better player and video maker than me, so maybe start with this one if you only want to watch one video this morning.

in WvW

Hymnosi.5928

We’re finally pretty solid in the second to last bracket, instead of bouncing up and down between it and last place. EB, not sure how you lost so hard to get stuck down in this bracket, you have more numbers, more organization, and more geared 80s than both of our servers. On eternal I didn’t see you use a single siege tactic point for the 6 hours I was able to play, except rams occasionally.

I did like your lord room chokepoint around 10pm yesterday at stonemist, pretty nice.

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Siphon.4592

Siphon.4592

To the person saying invis people was not rendering, you are wrong. I’m on EB and I eventually bailed of out the fights in the Garrison area of the Borlis border last night as I got tired of fighting invisible people half the time. It frustrating to chase someone down for the kill, get it and only then realize 6-7 other enemies just popped into existence next to you from culling. If nothing else, made me play cautious.

in WvW

Ralathar.7236

We all know the true reason why EB has the map right now its because their exploting every bug they can. I guess thats why no one likes them at all and their know as the bugged server.

I was part of the Guild that took Borlis Pass. To the best of my knowledge we did not exploit anything. We came in hot off of our loss to Darkhaven and Northern Shiverpeaks with a plan and we executed it with good leadership from multiple coordinated guilds.

If you think nobody likes us check our last matchup thread vs Northern Shiverpeaks and Darkhaven. We got slaughtered any time that was not prime time, but got respect for not giving up even in the final hours of the match while down 100k points from second place even. We never gave up, we just didn’t have the population the other two sides did at all.

./sigh

Apparently in order to win, we must form a giant zergball and start swinging. Little to no skill required at all.

I’m going back to structured.

Stop concentrate on winning, start concentrating on what you can do. Every small step helps. If all you can do at a given time is flip supply camps, kill dolyaks, and ambush the enemies looking to take them back then do so. If you can muster enough to take a tower then go for it.

Can you overcome vastly superior numbers? Most likely not. Can you have a vastly improved WvW experience where you get to have epic battles and wins instead of just giving up? Definitely. I don’t want my opponents running away, I want them fighting me and keeping me on my toes. If we slip up, make us pay.

EB, not sure how you lost so hard to get stuck down in this bracket, you have more numbers, more organization, and more geared 80s than both of our servers. On eternal I didn’t see you use a single siege tactic point for the 6 hours I was able to play, except rams occasionally.

I did like your lord room chokepoint around 10pm yesterday at stonemist, pretty nice.

In our last matchup Northern Shiverpeaks definitely had the most population overall and they spent half a week relentlessly attacking us and more or less leaving Darkhaven alone. They didn’t change thier tactic until Thursday. Darkhaven struck both sides equally more or less. We were the lowest population of the 3 realms in that matchup by far. As one person put it Northern Shiverpeak controlled the day Darkhaven controlled the night, and Ehrmy Bay controlled the 15 minutes in between.

Ironically they destroyed our score and they threw the match all because of their decision to do that. Despite being so utterly crushed however Ehmry Bay surprised me and actually fought HARDER as time went on despite having no hope at even hitting second place (100k+ from both first and second final score).

Our score doesn’t reflect our actual competitiveness in that match but instead the decision NSP made to so heavily focus us for the majority of the match.

in WvW

Ralathar.7236

BTW since hacks and etc have already been brought up.

Take this as a plea from all of Ehmry Bay. If you see a hacker from any realm then report that kitten. Don’t just report him but let the server they are on know. Get in contact with multiple guilds with the name of that person if possible. (Available when attempting to report them I believe)

I want a fair match and good fights and cheating destroys everything I love about this game. So screencap, report, and out those cheaters. Anet can’t do it all themselves, as the players a large amount of responsibility falls to us.

in WvW

lBANKAll.2183

Pinoy.8410 guild tag [GH] You guys are in bay and is leading by 50k… stop trying to bypass water gate and porting your friends inside garrison.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinoy.8410

Pinoy.8410

Can’t stop me from porting people into garrison on my ranger Captain Fruitloop.

Ehmry Bay
Pinoydragon – 80 Engineer
Marhsal Traeherne – 80 Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

I want a fair fight too, so tell your people in EB that when they have a 3 to 1 advantage to stop running, I want to kill all three of those lady boys. Here on Anvil, we consider 3 on 1 a fair fight.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

in WvW

Posted by: Lilun.8732

Lilun.8732

Eh, Friday and the weekend is usually EBay’s show of numbers… then, it changes after.
Also, Both Borlis and Anvil had a pretty good show of numbers at the Anvil borderland, Friday Primetime.

Loved the battle at the Hills with Borlis, when ya took the Hill keep and we showed up right outside the Lord Room. We survived there for a good +5 minutes, managing to bring down the keep lord. Till your reinforcements showed up behind us.

in WvW

lBANKAll.2183

Borlis last ……………………………. Pinoy your the fruitloop obviously you was trying to bypass outer water gate…. why are you on the left of the cliff..

in WvW

Posted by: Gorefiend.9675

Gorefiend.9675

If you do not want people to bypass gates, then do a better job sweeping for Mesmers after you capture something. It is your own fault if you get a portal zerg.

D/D, Staff Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Sundial.9015

Sundial.9015

We are fighting as hard as we can, it just seems like for every one of us there is five of you :P. We have a limited number of WvW guilds and even if we all played 24/7 we wouldn’t be able to have effective coverage in more then a few maps.

Thats fine with me I love fighting outnumbered but it must be as boring for you guys as when we get knocked down a tier.

Anyways thanks for all the good fights emery, they are in no short supply so far this week.

Sundial, Necromancer – Aurora Catulus, Engineer – Kaine Illuma, Elementalist
WvW Captain – Horde of Miscreations, Borlis Pass Alliance

in WvW

lBANKAll.2183

Well you dont have to be inside garrison to bypass outer gate…..

in WvW

Posted by: Wizardauz.3761

Wizardauz.3761

[AoN] from Ehmry Bay here,

Just wanted to say that i admire the fighting spirit both Anvil Rock and Borlis Pass show. They dont back down and they can be quite ruthless. We may outnumber you, but i wouldnt think of letting my guard down around you guys

See you on the battlefield!

-Tzenjin [AoN]

Ehmry Bay – Good Fights Guild Leader
Lvl 80 Sylvari Guardian – Tzenjin [GF]
Lvl 80 Human Elementalist – Tzenkai [GF]

in WvW

Posted by: epicsmooth.7825

epicsmooth.7825

Ralathar.7236

Don’t go to that corner then? I was there and saw one asura doing it and you have to walk over and around that corner for him to even be able to attack you.

in WvW

Hymnosi.5928

[AoN] from Ehmry Bay here,

Just wanted to say that i admire the fighting spirit both Anvil Rock and Borlis Pass show. They dont back down and they can be quite ruthless. We may outnumber you, but i wouldnt think of letting my guard down around you guys

See you on the battlefield!

-Tzenjin [AoN]

Our (BP) top level strategy this week was to try to be as offensive as possible. The idea worked pretty well on EB but faltered on the borderlands, sadly.

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer

in WvW

dirtyklingon.2918

eternal battlegrounds? has next to no strategic value. why bother there when we can’t even fill every map as is?

didn’t we figure that out weeks ago?

in WvW

Posted by: Arsilon.5467

Arsilon.5467

As an Ehmry Bay player I will say that even though Anvil Rock and Borlis Pass may not have enough population to go around and cover multiple maps, wherever they do happen to be, fun fights ensue. They both can field tenacious fighting groups and can take whatever they set their mind on regardless of what we have on the field. They may not be able to keep it when there’s multiple attacks going on at once but where they do fight its a lot of fun!

Ignore the score and come out and play. Hopefully it won’t be a boring week despite the lopsided score so far.

Ehmry Bay
The Purge [PURG]
thepurge.net

in WvW

Posted by: Noice.8730

Noice.8730

Ehmry bay is doing pretty good but looks like we still have that same problem of not having enough people to do night/early morning capping.

Anvil Rock and Borlis Pass, good games so far. Let’s keep on going at it for the rest of the week!

Noice – Lvl 80 Elementalist
Noice To Meet Ya – Lvl 80 Guardian

in WvW

Sundial.9015

Ehmry bay is doing pretty good but looks like we still have that same problem of not having enough people to do night/early morning capping.

Anvil Rock and Borlis Pass, good games so far. Let’s keep on going at it for the rest of the week!

If Borlis ever gets into a bracket dominated by night capping I am transferring down to a lower one again :P. If I wanted to play a 24/7 game I would go back to EVE which has proper mechanics in place for this kind of thing (unlike GW2). One of the benefits of the lower brackets is that night capping is kept to a minimum. I don’t mean that as something that would reflect negative on you, Its just this game doesn’t have any mechanics in place that make night capping have any kind of additional strategy around it besides just zerging doors.

“As an Ehmry Bay player I will say that even though Anvil Rock and Borlis Pass may not have enough population to go around and cover multiple maps, wherever they do happen to be, fun fights ensue. They both can field tenacious fighting groups and can take whatever they set their mind on regardless of what we have on the field. They may not be able to keep it when there’s multiple attacks going on at once but where they do fight its a lot of fun!”

Yes, we do try to bring the fights regardless of what the score / map look like. Its just there are only so many of us to go around to bring it :P

in WvW

Hymnosi.5928

eternal battlegrounds? has next to no strategic value. why bother there when we can’t even fill every map as is?

On reset day, all borderlands are full.

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer

in WvW

dirtyklingon.2918

On reset day, all borderlands are full.

blue map had no queue within 1.5-2 hours of the reset this time bro.

in WvW

Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

Don’t go to that corner then? I was there and saw one asura doing it and you have to walk over and around that corner for him to even be able to attack you.

Congratulations for making an insulting comment that adds nothing to the conversation. I think anyone knows that once they experience it, but thanks for being unkind because you can. I as of yet lack the ability to see the future so I will always fall prey to something I have not done or witnessed once.

I can’t believe that Ehmry Bay has been reduced to trash that we have to fight servers like Anvil Rock and Borlis Pass.

Free transfer is a joke.

This is not representative of Ehmry Bay spirit and has been reported. We do not tolerate people being total kittens here for no reason. My apologies to Anvil and Borlis. You guys have been bringing out the fight to us even with such a large point disparity. You deserve respect, not this.

in WvW

Sundial.9015

If you don’t like your server just transfer like all the rest of them or stay and do something about it.

Pretty much all but the top servers are what you describe Emery bay to be now.

in WvW

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

^Yes, that is why free transfer is a joke. Ehmry Bay is one of those server.

I didn’t leave because I was too busy doing something about it like taking supply camps deep in the enemy territory, but what good is taking supply camps when Ehmry Bay didn’t have the zerg to take advantage of a undefended or lightly defended tower while the enemy zerg is moving towards the camp we just captured.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

Tier 7.. Where we fight over supply camps for 1.5 hours..

Keeps , towers, nah.. supply camps yo!

-K

-K

in WvW

Posted by: thunderblaze.3802

thunderblaze.3802

Borlis, on behalf of my guild, Crafters [CRFT], thank you for allowing us to use you earlier. Ehmry at at our south gate, and broke gate and wall, while you were at our north gate. So I was like hey guys, let Borlis come in and play, we’ll charge on my mark after they fight each other and wipe them both. Boy was that an epic fight

in WvW

Ralathar.7236

Borlis, on behalf of my guild, Crafters [CRFT], thank you for allowing us to use you earlier. Ehmry at at our south gate, and broke gate and wall, while you were at our north gate. So I was like hey guys, let Borlis come in and play, we’ll charge on my mark after they fight each other and wipe them both. Boy was that an epic fight

Haha, that was a good one. I was there, the charr that flung themselves into your midst to delay the capping.

Funny thing is we had more on the way and might could have won that battle, but people were too scared to die so didn’t jump in and stop the cap. Ironically then being horribly slaughtered. Go figure.

Good fight though.

in WvW

Posted by: thunderblaze.3802

thunderblaze.3802

Great fight indeed. Over 9 hours worth of nonstop attacks. I still can’t believe we held them all off. Was an epic night.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaizz.7306

Kaizz.7306

Well this is sad. First off LOL Marshall stop fighting with these people, you know theres no point. Did we not say that if a server is winning early,exploits and hacks would be called? SMH. I’m from GH, one of the in training Commanders, and I can tell you, the only thing we’ve done that is controversial is Mesmer Portals. We actually had a big debate on the ink shot thief trick last week, and I can assure you, we’re not using that. I can’t speak for the rest of our server, we seem to be getting random commanders everyday doing stuff (we have commanders doing unnecessary things wasting supply and siege smh) that not everyone in our server is happy with.

All that stuff aside, I’m actually disappointed in AR and Borlis. We’ve fought Borlis in the past, and it’s always been fun. Last night was AMAZING. I believe we were in Borlis BL, and we were attacking the Garrison, trying to take the orb, and you guys really didn’t let us in. What sucked was when we finally got into the inner, you guys were so focused on defending the garrison itself, you failed to notice one of our commanders solo’ing the vets by the altar, breaking the altar, then our other commander taking the orb from the garrison to the bay, while we let the zerg wipe. It was funny, but I wonder if you guys even saw it? I saw 1 guy attack our com while he was attackin the orb, but he was killed almost instantly, and nobody turned to help. Either way, if you guys could please defend your areas like that more often, that would be great. Ehmry already knows whats going to happen. We’re going to completely stomp you guys this week (not to be rude, but it’s already happening), and then get placed against some higher brackets and get kitten first lol.
I was really excited to see that EB didn’t have 650+ PPoints yesterday, but when I started leading with Sovietcuba, it’ like, Borlis just decided that taking camps was the only thing worth doing. We took 2 entire maps in about an hour. Oh well, I swear WvW is just about who has more ppl on at the right times right now.

All in all, that Garrison defense for 2 hours was probably the most fun loss of a battle I have ever experienced. Please make more of that this week, and take some keeps or do SOMETHING. Not trying to sound kitteny or anything but this week will be boring if you don’t.