19/10/2012 Emery Bay vs. Anvil Rock vs Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Plok.6145

Plok.6145

We got them, but that’s when we saw that horrible E-Bay zerg.They were twice as many as use, and we had a lot of pre-80 char.

We got stomped so hard. I logged off around midnight in our camp being spawn camped.

Actually, you guys outnumbered us by a decent margin until half of you guys logged off after we wiped your zerg.

Also, Borlis Pass would probably be in a much better position points wise if they would just stop poking the bear.

Just because you can treb the Bay Keep from your Garrison doesn’t mean that you should since by doing so you are forcing both of us into a major battle between Garrison and the Bay that isn’t going to end any time soon.

There are much softer targets that wouldn’t be like throwing rocks at a beehive.

In other words, stop attacking us so we can finish off taking the entire map with our hundred man ball of love.

At the start of each of the past two weeks, BP has taken a lead at the start of both matches. Our strat were solid. If only we had the numbers you do, we would not be in this bracket. But I like it, it makes us better at learning, playing and mastering how we can play as a team.

Sincerely,

Commander Plok The Original Leader of Shadow of Agony [GOAT]

(edited by Plok.6145)

in WvW

Posted by: Godfather.8217

Godfather.8217

We got them, but that’s when we saw that horrible E-Bay zerg.They were twice as many as use, and we had a lot of pre-80 char.

We got stomped so hard. I logged off around midnight in our camp being spawn camped.

Actually, you guys outnumbered us by a decent margin until half of you guys logged off after we wiped your zerg.

Also, Borlis Pass would probably be in a much better position points wise if they would just stop poking the bear.

Just because you can treb the Bay Keep from your Garrison doesn’t mean that you should since by doing so you are forcing both of us into a major battle between Garrison and the Bay that isn’t going to end any time soon.

There are much softer targets that wouldn’t be like throwing rocks at a beehive.

Actually I will disagree here, even if there are softer targets, borlis did the right thing by going after bay, you see if your intentions was to take borlis’s orb, then the key to preventing u from doing so would be to take any keeps you guys own to prevent u from placing it anywhere.

I think they did good by keeping the pressure on you guys, even if anvil rock was doing the same. they were planning ahead imo, and I guess with a “zerg” mentallity, where you run around and just take things with a large group, you would be thinking by your method.

Darksavage,
SoS, General

Syndicate of Shadows, Anvil rock
Darksavage – 80 Ranger Shadowena – 80 Thief
Darkside Syndicate – 80 Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Plutonium.1308

Plutonium.1308

I love all the half-veiled insults you guys like to toss at anyone and everyone from ehmry bay. We have more than you guys, but this is far from a mindless zerg of solos. We have good coordination among 6-8 medium to large guilds. We almost never have a que on any map, so lay off the shoveling poo to cover for a lack of coordination on your parts.

We’ve played great matches against servers with hours long ques on all maps and kicked their teeth in during prime times, only to lose the entire map overnight and do it again every day for a week, because we love to pvp. This server is no mindless zergball bouncing around the maps. We have pride in what we do and we do it well. Stop with the hostility and enjoy the fights because next matchup you’ll get a less prepared server.

Observe Adapt Overcome
[FTF]Danke Bitte

in WvW

Posted by: Plok.6145

Plok.6145

I love all the half-veiled insults you guys like to toss at anyone and everyone from ehmry bay. We have more than you guys, but this is far from a mindless zerg of solos. We have good coordination among 6-8 medium to large guilds. We almost never have a que on any map, so lay off the shoveling poo to cover for a lack of coordination on your parts.

We’ve played great matches against servers with hours long ques on all maps and kicked their teeth in during prime times, only to lose the entire map overnight and do it again every day for a week, because we love to pvp. This server is no mindless zergball bouncing around the maps. We have pride in what we do and we do it well. Stop with the hostility and enjoy the fights because next matchup you’ll get a less prepared server.

Grats then you have 3 more full ques than BP does. Very few guild groups have we seen.

Sincerely,

Commander Plok The Original Leader of Shadow of Agony [GOAT]

in WvW

Posted by: Siphon.4592

Siphon.4592

Grats then you have 3 more full ques than BP does. Very few guild groups have we seen.

You mis-read. Other than Friday and maybe Saturday we have almost never had a queue for any map, so most of the time 0 more queues than BP. I know I haven’t seen a queue for any map every evening this week, at least not evening-time PST.

This is actually a rather humorous recurring discussion. The last three weeks we’ve had our kittens kicked by other servers and our weekly thread in this forum on the matchup inevitably had multiple posts from EB players saying how we stomped them every time it was even, but that we always lost when the enemy showed up in numbers. It was only the size of their zerg that allowed them to beat us!

Numbers absolutely do carry the field more often than not. I suspect claims to always win the even battles on the smaller servers’ part (including us in previous weeks) is much more self-consolation than reality. There are no doubt excellent groups of players are on every server, BP and AR being no exception. However, I imagine that the skill level of the average player on each is not all that different.

in WvW

Posted by: Supersun.4603

Supersun.4603

Actually I will disagree here, even if there are softer targets, borlis did the right thing by going after bay, you see if your intentions was to take borlis’s orb, then the key to preventing u from doing so would be to take any keeps you guys own to prevent u from placing it anywhere.

I think they did good by keeping the pressure on you guys, even if anvil rock was doing the same. they were planning ahead imo, and I guess with a “zerg” mentallity, where you run around and just take things with a large group, you would be thinking by your method.

Darksavage,
SoS, General

When you have the orb, yes.

When we have the orb in Bay,…is it really worth it?

Your Garrison is a pretty unappealing target for us to attack due to how easy it is to defend, but if you start trebbing away both of us are forced into a rather bad situation. We have to waste a huge amount of time taking your garrison to make it stop, and you guys end up losing your garrison and having all your upgrades wiped and your last bastion of points while Anvil Rock is out attacking softer targets raking in the points.

Really, this is one of the bigger reasons you are behind Anvil Rock. Because you keep forcing us in positions where we have to wipe everything in your borderlands. I’ve had to go to your guys borderlands a lot more then Anvil Rocks area and it’s entirely because of your strategy.

in WvW

Posted by: CornChips.5392

CornChips.5392

I don’t see what the problem with that would be. Infact if you have the orb why wouldn’t they hit bay to get it back, your point only seems to provide more incentive for one to start trebbing bay from the most defensible location on the map. The choice seems entirely logical.

Unfortunately I haven’t really seen an awful lot from BP this round, that isn’t a dig, I just seem to mostly be fighting EB this time and to be honest I’ve quite enjoyed our contest.

To say that EB is just a zerg is not true. I’ve seen quite a bit of tactics from them in our fights such as players cooperating to cloak a large group to hit my seiging comrades from behind, portaling to get around established choke points and distraction parties. EB have ben keeping things interesting and so thats cool.

However my boys from AR always give as good as we get so mad props to my comrades.

Lets’ keep it civil and fair.

CornChips | Sylvari Guardian |
Dvaita Vedanta | Human Mesmer|
The Fluttering Horde [TFH] | CD

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

LA in BP has had overflow most of this week thanks to halloween event. i think that’s where alot of us are, and not any other reasons (this match).

myself personally i wvwed every other day or more for nearly 2 months. when pvp become routine it becomes stale for me. so taking a breather. my guild still has guys in there every night though. i’ll be back with our(HoM) more casual wvwers tomorrow night.

from the sounds of things in mumble, my guys have been having a good time this week as always. so gg from us to our opponents.

who doesn’t love wow clones?

in WvW

Posted by: Jamaz.9837

Jamaz.9837

I’m going to have to respond to these threads I always avoid and reinforce Plutonium.1308’s comment. I accept defeat graciously and let my opponents do the same, but if you’re going to throw a fit about how you outplay us in equal-number engagements, you clearly have delusions of grandeur.

Borlis Pass completely filled Ehmry Bay Borderlands on Friday night, and we denied you everything. Throughout the week, we went into Borlis Pass Borderlands and met resistance with only pugs willing to defend and a few devoted, smaller guilds. Among them I saw [BURN] and [Krew], but no one from your guild. Any sort of strategy you had obviously fell short, because all borderlands were filled by all servers in the first few hours of Friday and you had clearly quit the field once you fell behind. If Borlis Pass had maintained a lead until the onset of Sunday evening, I would have respected your statement, but you obviously lacked the ability for it. Blaming losses on numbers is routine, but saying you’re better than someone without any show of strength just makes it appear as if you’re consoling yourself.

Ehmry Bay – The Shadowmoon

in WvW

Supersun.4603

I don’t see what the problem with that would be. Infact if you have the orb why wouldn’t they hit bay to get it back, your point only seems to provide more incentive for one to start trebbing bay from the most defensible location on the map. The choice seems entirely logical.

The issue was that they couldn’t, failed, and lost their final keep on any map.

The issue is that because DB was a fully upgraded keep with the orb it was one of our highest priority spots to defend. By making that your choice of attack a lot of people from both teams were required to fight that battle. This is a battle that ultimately doesn’t end up giving either side that many points especially given the length of the battle that was going to be required. During this time Anvil Rock would just back door a lot of territory while the majority of both of our forces were tied up in this battle.

In a stalemate with 3 people whoever appears to be the easiest to attack will get attacked by one of the two other teams, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen an Anvil Rock castle seriously guarded.

In my opinion the idea strategy would have been to stay off the radar for a bit until we got into a fight with Anvil then backdoor us instead.

In all honesty, I think you guys would be beating Anvil Rock, except all your areas keep getting wiped off the map because they are actual threats to some of our key locations.

in WvW

Posted by: Sundial.9015

Sundial.9015

TBH its really hard to tell who outnumbers who when you can’t frakking see 1% of who you are fighting.

Some fun fights tonight in Borlis Borderlands, a group of SOUL and a couple guys from my guild managed to take dreaming bay from you guys while both of our zergs fought eachother between the garrison and bay. It was rather hilarious case of zerg tunnel vision. Our zerg was completely ignoring map chat that we had taken down the north gate, go figure :P

Sundial, Necromancer – Aurora Catulus, Engineer – Kaine Illuma, Elementalist
WvW Captain – Horde of Miscreations, Borlis Pass Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

Really Borlis Pass has outnumbered us in it’s borderlands plenty of times before. It is indeed your tactics that are hampering you.

Dreaming Bay is the 100% worst place on the map for yall to attack. The best you can ever hope to do is flip it and then lose it unless you are dominating. This is because of both the location and the supply dynamics. You will not keep a keep without supply and it is very easy for us to get supply to it and extremely hard for yall..

Locationally it is very close to Green spawn and it is within range of trebbing from Greenvale. Likewise it is a very short distance for a dolyak to run to the keep gate and easily protect-able.. Furthermore Greenvale itself is ridiculously defensible and is one of the exits to our spawns, so it’s almost impossible for yall to keep.

For you to take and hold Dreaming Bay you would have to overpower us and hold Greenvale. If you falter we can and will take Greenvale and immeadiately fortify it. Once we have that foothold you need ridiculous amounts of people to dislodge us and stop the trebbing. If need be we can also take 2:1 losses and simply suicide run the camp back because spawn is so close.

Really the entire rest of the map is so much more attractive and it’s not like we can hit anything other than Myabe Greenbriar from Dreaming Bay anyways. If you are going to hit another keep hit the Hills keep. It’s so much more difficult for us to support and sustain that keep than it is Dreaming Bay,

If you choose to keep zerging Dreaming Bay however, ty. My mortar enjoys frying you over and over again and we are almost guaranteed to get the keep back as long as we have at least 50-75% of your numbers. It’s simply a tactically strong position for us.

Anvil Rock? I haven’t seen too much of you but what I have seen has been good. Keep up the good work.

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

(edited by Ralathar.7236)

in WvW

Posted by: XarchX.8024

XarchX.8024

Borolis im on ebay and you guys should be ATLEAST coming second, in your bl you can zerg like a kitten and we cant take longview atm cause were not that organised so come on and remember this Never Give Up

Determination is the best thing you can have in a battle…. Never Give Up
Xxarch- lvl 44 Thief and rising

(edited by XarchX.8024)

in WvW

Posted by: Vonleo.2987

Vonleo.2987

Kinda funny how people are talking crap and then trying to encourage the same server in the same freaking post….it just boggles my mind lol

in WvW

Posted by: SwiftWing.8192

SwiftWing.8192

Just sounds to me that a green player is annoyed that the red team isn’t backing down on green’s supposed superiority.

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

I call this picture EBays answer to 4 defenders in a tower:

Attachments:

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

in WvW

Posted by: Humpink.2306

Humpink.2306

I call this picture EBays answer to 4 defenders in a tower:

So basically what you are saying is that Ehmry should have taken ~5 assaulters and told the other 459632063029 players that were online in the zone that they will need to stay in the keep and wait for another opportunity to shoot something.

That’s a really good plan, and we tried to implement it, but the pitchfork wielding mob just wouldn’t listen.

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

No, but you don’t see AR to the north hitting targets while you have a third of you 166 slots attacking a tower. Yes you can steam roll a target, but you are going up a tier, how well is that going to work for you when the other 2 servers can do the same, and do it better.

Look at the timer, you already lost the points on the tower, this group would have been better off hitting AR keep at the time for the next point tally if steam rolling was the intent, at least it makes better sense for over all points.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

(edited by Dovgan.8605)

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagal.5867

Rashagal.5867

Just popping in to say I think its been a great week. Anvil Rock has repeatedly been a very even match-up for us, and from what I’ve seen you guys have some really strong players/guilds. I hope we face each other again next week. I consider you guys our rivals

I’ll be really disappointed if BP is dropped down again to the lowest bracket…

/agree. BP is always fun to go up against, imo. I always get pumped when we start moving in on BP’s turf because I know you guys aren’t afraid to meet us in the field and hash it out. I’ve seen you guys charge harder than EBay with half the numbers they field, and win no less. That’s not an insult to EBay, you have the numbers, by all means use them. I’m just saying when we go up against EBay, there’s always walls involved, either yall’s or ours. Very rarely does AR get the opportunity to have a proper skirmish with you guys like we so often do with BP.

Good luck next week.

Anvil Rock Ambassador of [Sane];
[ARM] Anvil Rock Militia Commander;
The Loryak: I speak for these beasts.

in WvW

Posted by: Hakato.9650

Hakato.9650

Proof that AR is shooting for 2nd place, Borlis Pass does all the work an AR takes advantage of the situation in EB.

Attachments:

Server – Borlis Pass
Guild – FIST Leader
Main Toon – Razzer Fel Level 80 Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

@Supersun

About us outnumbering you? Might be a rendering issue on your side.I’m at work right now, but I will try to find the screenshot I took of your BioMass. And we can prolly see our outmanned buff too.

Sadly, not having a lot of player because of the pve halloween even means that we usually never have any commander or premade guild online.

The 2 last evening I was in EB, I didn’t have my guild with me, and we were running a PuG mini-zerg. It’s a lot of fail when we encounter premade from the same guild. And most people aren’t 80 yet or exotic.

I play sPvp if I want to see skill, because WvW has too many factor that change a fight.

So People Dane.3948 who are prolly clueless about pvp, hiding being the zerg, should go sPvp if they want a good challenge. Roling witht he zerg won’t say anything about our server.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in WvW

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

I’m not starting something personal with you, since you are just trying to provoc and saying non sense.

So…

Yes that was me, I was the guy with the red name, that you killed in that borderland.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

@Hakato Yes, you got us, since we are unable to get first at this point in the match AR will be shooting for second.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Godfather.8217

Godfather.8217

Yes, we toss these half-veiled insults due to the half-veiled playstyle your server conducts. I’m sure borlis pass players would love to enjoy having good fights, that’s if they can even come out to play, since your server likes to spawn camp them at their own doorway with siege equipment in eternal battlegrounds. Your organized guilds, can organize because you have the time to do so, due to the numbers you put out into one battle. Even then, when you have the numbers, the orbs, and the clear advantage you guys still abuse the terrain glitches and exploits. I’m not impressed with this week, nor am I impressed with your server. My group of lower levels, leveling and karma grinding yesterday attacking ehmery bay camps in eternal battleground saw the spawn camping against borlis, so we decided to hit you guys from behind and take out your seige gear. We of course died, our 8 low level undergeared players vs your all mighty strategic force. lol. all i have to say is good luck in your next match, let’s see how great your organized guilds will do playing against even odds.

Darksavage,
SoS, General

Syndicate of Shadows, Anvil rock
Darksavage – 80 Ranger Shadowena – 80 Thief
Darkside Syndicate – 80 Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Humpink.2306

Humpink.2306

Look at the timer, you already lost the points on the tower, this group would have been better off hitting AR keep at the time for the next point tally if steam rolling was the intent, at least it makes better sense for over all points.

99% of the/any server population doesn’t understand how the points and timers work, nor do they really care. The “hardcore” players who read and post on this forum and on the server forum are those who have more insight into the mechanics.

The general server population doesn’t care about winning either, and you can’t really blame them since the rewards for leading and winning are totally meaningless.

All the want to do is get online, shoot some reds, have a few laughs, and log off.

in WvW

Supersun.4603

How can you spawn camp someone?

Seriously, there are at least 3 exits to every spawn :/