2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Can’t we just kill each other and get on with life?

I’m not sure you know how this life thing works.

Har har.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

Kaineng can win in WvW but by gosh they will not win WvW forum thread!

Ninein
-Maguuma

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Camora.4197

Camora.4197

I’m actually ashamed of many of the people on the forums. I’ve been having fun in this wvwvw.

I’m so sick of the egos.

Can’t we just kill each other and get on with life?

I’m gonna give you a hug! /hug

Kaineng

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Sista.1925

Sista.1925

Sadly, the forum kiddies did not learn from the closing of the first thread...and are aiming for a 2nd....I almost assumed most of you were adults...

Take it inside the game, but remember it’s a game.

Baby Sista
Listening to Prince.
IOJ>KAIN>FA….few stops in between and after.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Frankie, you are my new favorite poster.

[SU]

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Sadly, the forum kiddies did not learn from the closing of the first thread…and are aiming for a 2nd….I almost assumed most of you were adults…

The score tally is actually all three threads have been “closed”.

[SU]

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Hackuuna.4085

Hackuuna.4085

Thanks for the kind words but I think we have very different philosophies on how this game can and should be played. What I saw from Kaineng over the weekend was not good. I mean this in a well intentioned way. It nevertheless concerns me that for a long time the way you play this game on NA servers has been been based on the HoD Titan Alliance template. You build timezone coverage and win via attrition killing your opponents will to fight faster than it kills yours.

Exactly. One of the Kaineng posters with good intentions asked us to not be so negative in our view of them and to give some tips. I started to write a post on things I could give advice on when it dawned on me that a) The average Kaineng won’t give two kittens and b) They want to play in a completely different way.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

Sadly, the forum kiddies did not learn from the closing of the first thread…and are aiming for a 2nd….I almost assumed most of you were adults…

You know by calling others in thread names is basically same thing they are doing? You are just adding to problem.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Ninein.4782

Maguuma isn’t the first server to have a negative view towards some aspect of Kaineng. I wonder if there has been a server that enjoyed Kaineng’s presence in their tier since the population explosion.

Ninein
-Maguuma

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Maguuma isn’t the first server to have a negative view towards some aspect of Kaineng. I wonder if there has been a server that enjoyed Kaineng’s presence in their tier since the population explosion.

They make Ehmry Bay seem sweet and kindly in comparison lol.

[SU]

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

I am from CD and I transfered same week as FA went to ioj to unbalance all Tiers from T3 to T5 so I went to server T6 that had potential and we are just doing great now whatever people can say. CD strenght mostly moved to Kaineng so believe in skilled players the same that teach ioj and FA how to do better. Reminding ioj came from T2 to T3 against CD and FA claiming to learn us something while they get stomped 5weeks in a row. After double teaming CD with no success they just all transfer to FA to completely unbalance next match to win it because they were sore loosers bandwagonning in same tier to max ppt with ioj server empty. Completely breaking T3 and of course lower tiers while ioj server was falling. So many wvw guilds oriented from CD went to LOWER tier Kaineng like a land full of promised for wvw dedicated player base.
If I left CD it’s because I had to and well Kaineng is like I said the place to be (saw from T6 te risen power Asian-NA-EU).
So thanks to remind me but i can tell you I am fully happy to contribute in war on Kaineng side like everyone do here.

Titan War.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Stacking a higher tier server is no different than stacking a lower tier server. In fact, it’s worse, because you create an awful experience for almost every server along the way up.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Monztor.9207

Monztor.9207

In all honestly, population imbalance will continually screw with all the tiers, and maybe for a couple weeks more after the rating reset. Until the tiers settle, we can only hope where we end up will be a good balanced population. One like the old DH/Mag/DB match up where many people came to join in because it was a good fight. DB/Mag seem to be a good match whenever they come together in a match up. YB/Mag/DB was a fun match up as well.

Currently, Kain’s night crew is so impressively large that it dwarfs Dragonbrands, which I used to think was large. A lot of Mag’s night crew are those who don’t sleep till 3/4 AM in the morning holding out until the morning breaks.

What I’m saying is you can’t deny the importance of population on a match up. Waking up in the morning to defend a fully upgraded borderlands versus having to build your borderlands from scratch are very different. This also highly affects how soon we can move on the offensive and in turn affects when we can take the lead in the PTT.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Score update – with a screen shot of pretty much how this whole matchup has been…. Pay no attention of my corpse on the ground, I was just trampled by yet another Kain zerg.

Attachments:

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I just hope we settle in whatever tier DB is in.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Moddo.7105

I am from CD and I transfered same week as FA went to ioj to unbalance all Tiers from T3 to T5 so I went to server T6 that had potential and we are just doing great now whatever people can say. CD strenght mostly moved to Kaineng so believe in skilled players the same that teach ioj and FA how to do better. Reminding ioj came from T2 to T3 against CD and FA claiming to learn us something while they get stomped 5weeks in a row. After double teaming CD with no success they just all transfer to FA to completely unbalance next match to win it because they were sore loosers bandwagonning in same tier to max ppt with ioj server empty. Completely breaking T3 and of course lower tiers while ioj server was falling. So many wvw guilds oriented from CD went to LOWER tier Kaineng like a land full of promised for wvw dedicated player base.
If I left CD it’s because I had to and well Kaineng is like I said the place to be (saw from T6 te risen power Asian-NA-EU).
So thanks to remind me but i can tell you I am fully happy to contribute in war on Kaineng side like everyone do here.

Titan War.

Who cares. Good lord who asked this guy for his server hopping history? Please no one else start doing it going to bloat the thread.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

Overall…
Kaineng veni, vidi, vici
If it’s all what DB and mag could bring to give us a run for our money I just laugh at all threads trolls I could see. Or T3 is a joke or these two servers are overrated and selffish. If I were you I would pay to leave your server because you wont go anywhere btw with the rating reset you ll find a better place that will suit you Mag T8 and DB T7, you might even loose there !
And EU guilds are also here in Kaineng the Destructor tyvm
All these trash talks to summarize we beat you.
Even our pugs are better than your skilled people haha… Sad

Score update :
Kaineng 146325 // +625
DB 59544 // +35
Mag 55851 // +35

Titan War. [RISE] [LORD] Kaineng

Wow, keep talking bandwagoner. Not even three weeks ago you were boasting how good Crystal Desert was. Tell me, did you transfer off after FA and DB stomped you out? or was it after CD’s mass exodus where you couldn’t be carried any longer.

Kaineng has benefitted from large transfers from the top-tiers, and you left yours after you stopped winning. You are the very definition of a bandwagoner. You even complained about IoJ transfers to FA and said:

“FA is the last server I would go to for plenty good reasons that’s 100% sure. As soon as they will start falling half of the server will jump out”

oh and

“As soon as we will beat FA your newcomers will jump away also.”

and lol:

“We play for fun on CD that s a huge difference with people playing to win and jumping from their server (for life :p) to another (for tier).”

No personal attacks here, just calling out bullkitten when I see it. Don’t give Kaineng a bad name, it’s not your place nor your server. Stop taking credit for other people’s work – you had absolutely nothing to do with Kaineng’s rise up to this point and you have no experience with fighting up from the bottom.

lol, I thought I recognized that scrubby guild [RISE] from somewhere when I was scanning this thread. I guess T3 wasn’t a joke two weeks ago unless you always cry when you’re happy.

GL I guess though Titan, it’d be a shame if you have to fork over $20 for your next victory.

- Guy from FA

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Evalana.5480

saiyr.3071

Same here. I love butting heads with you guys and your sarcastical and flamish posts make me giggle!!!

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

saiyr.3071

Same here. I love butting heads with you guys and your sarcastical and flamish posts make me giggle!!!

No one flames you. We love the salad updates. Willing to pay for you to come to Mag and be our full time Salad Updater.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Moddo.7105

saiyr.3071

No one flames you. We love the salad updates. Willing to pay for you to come to Mag and be our full time Salad Updater.

We need more Char updates cause Steak>salads.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Titan War.

The whole point of Glicko is that over time, a server will rest in the tier it was meant to be in. Glicko rating is strongly correlated to WvW population and timezone coverage. If CD got double teamed by a combined IoJ/FA what would happen is that you have a bad match for a couple of weeks, your glicko rating gets lower and you fall to a tier that your server can be competitive in.

So the idea is that people should not transfer their whole guild to another server, even if it has lower glicko rating. Glicko self corrects as it continually factors in historical data on previous matches. Sudden large shifts in timezone coverage and WvW population mess up Glicko because players can transfer in large numbers at intervals quicker than Glicko can correct itself.

Ability is only a determining factor when all servers in a tier are closely matched in terms of population and timezone coverage. It is in these matches where the difference is made by outplaying your opponents. There is a vested interest in outplaying your opponents not subjecting them to attrition. For the longest time, Dragonbrand played in opposite timezone to Maguuma but our matches were even because our core players never left for greener pastures and our timezone coverage was roughly even (despite our playerbases being predominately on opposite sides of the world).

It was against Dragonbrand that we learned alot about fighting outnumbered at night and doing 5 vs 30 keep defense. Their long time NA players similarly learned how to do the same thing against us. So our servers have a mutual respect of sorts that goes back a long time. Its just there and we no longer need to talk about it. Our threads in the past have always been cordial.

But for some reason, people treat losing and falling down a tier as a fate almost worse than death. So many would rather transfer to a lower tier server with “potential” to gain rating rather than stay on a higher tier server thats losing rating. I just don’t understand it. How can you never truly get punished for making mistakes? How you can grow as players when you don’t have to confront the collective problems your server has? How can you leave and learn nothing from the experience of failure? How can you repeat the same mistakes over and over until attrition favours you and you win anyway? Nothing is learned and bad habits become entrenched. There is no impetus to play better.

Its true that players should go to a server where WvW is enjoyable but what I don’t understand is why so many people conflate enjoyment with victory. The most enjoyable aspect of the game to me is trying to be a step ahead of my opponent on a level playing field, where I am forced to be smart and resourceful because my opponent is smart and resourceful. I don’t really treat failure as a bad thing in and of itself. Its only bad if you cannot identify what didn’t work.

Of all the matches I have played, this is the overriding theme. You go to Guru’s WvW forum and there is literally no talk about pvp. Its mind blowing really. The only thing people talk about is timezone coverage and recruiting because if you get enough of both, pvp doesn’t really matter. You can just throw waves of players to their deaths at an objective until attrition takes over and then you win anyway.

(edited by Besetment.9187)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Evalana.5480

Pinko.2076

Evalana.5480:

saiyr.3071

Oh I hardly ever get flamed <3

I just get a kick out of your silliness!

Stay in a tier with us and I promise more salad updates!

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: sinfulape.6301

sinfulape.6301

I can understand this frustration from Mag and DB (mostly Mag). You’re saying that if it was Kain NA vs Mag NA vs DB NA, things would be very much different. This could be very true, unfortunately we will never know with our current match-up.
Also, on another note, I finally saw DER|P yesterday, and I take it you mostly do small team tactics? Anyway, good efforts defending, seemed like you were everywhere. Also a shout out to your mesmers, wow, you guys take hiding in keeps to another level.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

People saying nice things about us is weird. I dunno if I like that either.

We are a pretty small guild in terms of total numbers, but we’re all pretty active in WvW (except for the half of the guild that turned into PvE carebears recently). Compared to some FA guilds we are definitely small in every manner. And yup, we do love our mesmers Thanks for the compliments! o/

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

No not at all. The matchup is what it is. Kaineng is what it is. But you shouldn’t be in this bracket. You should be in a bracket with other servers that field significant numbers 24/7. If your community has strong foundations, then it will survive repeat losses because losing is not a bad thing. Its a necessary step of any learning process.

How you can deal with the inevitability of that when attrition starts to hurt you as much as your opponents is another thing. Thats why I don’t understand the game some of you appear to be playing.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Thanks for all the great fights tonight, specially the big battles we had at Dawn’s Eyrie.

~ AoN ~

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: FrankieBonez.8361

FrankieBonez.8361

Titan War.

Naaah, a hypocrite is a hypocrite. No way to justify it. You knew transfers ruined tiers, you even posted against it and mocked anyone who did it. You saw Kaineng was on the rise and instead of keeping your “large” guild on CD, you abandoned them to BANDWAGON (you said it, not me – proof is the the pudding). Now you come here spouting garbage like you had something to do with Kaineng’s success and not expect to be called out on it? Had you been from Kaineng from the start, or even right at the start of the transfers I would’ve just left it alone.

Ask the people on Dragonbrand how it feels to have a mass exodus, and for those that stayed – ask us how it feels to fight when freefalling from the upper tiers. Dragonbrand grew organically. Guilds joined us on their own because of the quality of the server as their former opponents, not because we were stacked from massive transfers from the upper tiers. We’ve fought monster servers and lost by large margins – but yet i still see the same guild tags up until now. Quality-Over-Quantity son.

You trashed FA for recruiting from other servers because they messed up the tiers, then you leave CD the moment they started losing and even asked many of the people on CD to join Kaineng! You are something else, lol.

Sorry man, no saving face at this point. The damage is done. Like i said, enjoy your ride up the tiers because you will end up where CD could’ve been had you just stayed on your server – and then what? Like i said, don’t post things like that when not even 3 weeks ago you were in my shoes posting against it.

Overlord Sorin | Sorin Rising | Ansorin
Elephant Ambush [EA] | Dragonbrand | GW2 YouTube!

(edited by FrankieBonez.8361)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Mortalitas.9710

Mortalitas.9710

On behalf of myself I would like to apologize to Kaineng and our person in Kaineng BL tonight. I was leading a small group capping camps in your BL tonight. We came over the ridge at SS and saw only Red no Green allies. We took out one of your people when I realized what was going on. I tried to stop the others in my group faster but was unable to. I believe they downed one more before I got them to stop. I bowed in front of the dead Kain and told our people to say sorry.

Regardless if the message was passed on or not I once again apologize to the Kain that was killed.

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

I started on YB then i learned wvw in CD now I am on Kaineng. I love all these servers. But about wvw Kaineng just gathered the most potential by far. Happy I joined them in their T6 fight.
And moreover [LORD] is forever CD based. I just joined a Kaineng based guild.

(edited by Titan.3472)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

I started on YB then i learned wvw in CD now I am on Kaineng. I love all these servers. But about wvw Kaineng just gathered the most potential by far. Happy I joined them in their T6 fight.

Potential for what?

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Waffle.3748

Waffle.3748

Posting events that happen in WvW as they happened is trolling so my super awesome post got deleted. Here check it out again before mods delete.
Maaggoooommaa Tactics
http://imgur.com/a/JvXS6

I must say, your asura is super cute.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Potential for what?

I wonder this too.

Let’s say Kaineng is right.
Let’s say they’re the greatest wvw server to ever touch this game.

What next?
Go to the top of tier 1 and steamroll every week for the rest of the gw2 lifetime?
kitten challenges, just join Kaineng.
Is that the potential they want?

Dragonbrand

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

FrankieBonez.8361

For the longest time, Dragonbrand played in opposite timezone to Maguuma but our matches were even because our core players never left for greener pastures and our timezone coverage was roughly even (despite our playerbases being predominately on opposite sides of the world).

It was against Dragonbrand that we learned alot about fighting outnumbered at night and doing 5 vs 30 keep defense. Their long time NA players similarly learned how to do the same thing against us. So our servers have a mutual respect of sorts that goes back a long time. Its just there and we no longer need to talk about it. Our threads in the past have always been cordial.

Oh god, dont remind me of our history with Maguuma. It’s a love/hate thing lol. We’ve seen this before (Sea of sorrows) – they were actually graceful in their absolute annihliation of our servers lol. But the amount of gloating from some Kaineng peoples is mindblowing. It’s like The U.S invading Madagascar then belittling them for not having enough numbers or enough fight in them.

But pretty much everything you said. Maguuma, at least to me, is Dragonbrand’s arch-nemesis. All of our matchups have been evenly matched for the most part. Let’s hope for another evenly matched server. Would be interesting to see what a strong (tier appropriate) third server would bring to the table. Any predictions?

(edited by FrankieBonez.8361)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: amonian.3596

amonian.3596

kaineng,this name is so sexy and hotttttt.
tyvm many envy,jealousy,one-sided love for kaineng

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

FrankieBonez.8361

Potential for what?

I wonder this too.

Let’s say Kaineng is right.
Let’s say they’re the greatest wvw server to ever touch this game.

What next?
Go to the top of tier 1 and steamroll every week for the rest of the gw2 lifetime?
kitten challenges, just join Kaineng.
Is that the potential they want?

nahhh, a prime Sea of Sorrows would destroy Kaineng because most of Sea of Sorrows is from Dragonbrand! Booyah x 2 ! =)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

Hmm, a couple misconceptions going around.

1) Player “skill” is a silly generalization to make, especially when you sweep entire server populations into it. DB/Mag players are not more skilled than Kain players, nor vice versa. The average player skill across all three servers is about the same. All three servers have players who are above average, and players who are below average.

2) The only standout guild in this match-up is War Machine. I feel perfectly comfortable fighting any guild on Mag or Kain, but when I bump into WM, it is clear everyone else on all three servers is outclassed. The discipline, the organization, and the sheer amount of hours WM puts into WvW is admirable. And I respect them a great deal.

3) Whatever “queue” problems actually exist, exist on all three servers. I believe that 70-80 people is the standard population cap on borderlands maps. I have never seen a borderlands map with greater numbers than that from one server.

4) Kain was not beat in the first hours of reset because of the great skill of Mag/DB, nor because of population numbers, or because one server is more skilled. Kain was beat because they holed up in Stonemist at the price of some PPT, and because the defense of Kain bl was disjointed after Mag executed a brilliant rush on Kain garrison in the first few minutes of the match.

Had Kain held its own garrison from reset, all three servers would have been more or less evenly matched scorewise in the first few hours. All this chest-thumping from DB/Mag that we beat Kain in those early hours is silly. We got lucky, in part because I don’t think Kain has ever really had to seriously defend its borderlands on reset before.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

I’m sad we haven’t seen more of Littlefeather. He was cool.

Littlefeather and half of RE couldn’t get in on reset. Just sayin… if you DC’d it was game over … he waited patiently in queue for like 7 hours, to no avail. Ether dc’d mid command about 1 hour in, same thing – wasn’t able to get in. Also fyi … our fort on gar was stuck at 99.9% …

Whatever, funnier things have and will happen when you cook up a Kainguumabrand showdown. They both were in vent, everyone was. It was kinda funny looking from the inside out.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: BarnabyMalong.7561

BarnabyMalong.7561

saiyr.3071

stop tossing our salad! Only we get to toss our salad … wait a minute…

1) Player “skill” is a silly generalization to make, especially when you sweep entire server populations into it. DB/Mag players are not more skilled than Kain players, nor vice versa. The average player skill across all three servers is about the same. All three servers have players who are above average, and players who are below average.

2) The only standout guild in this match-up is War Machine. I feel perfectly comfortable fighting any guild on Mag or Kain, but when I bump into WM, it is clear everyone else on all three servers is outclassed. The discipline, the organization, and the sheer amount of hours WM puts into WvW is admirable. And I respect them a great deal.

3) Whatever “queue” problems actually exist, exist on all three servers. I believe that 70-80 people is the standard population cap on borderlands maps. I have never seen a borderlands map with greater numbers than that from one server.

4) Kain was not beat in the first hours of reset because of the great skill of Mag/DB, nor because of population numbers, or because one server is more skilled. Kain was beat because they holed up in Stonemist at the price of some PPT, and because the defense of Kain bl was disjointed after Mag executed a brilliant rush on Kain garrison in the first few minutes of the match.

Had Kain held its own garrison from reset, all three servers would have been more or less evenly matched scorewise in the first few hours. All this chest-thumping from DB/Mag that we beat Kain in those early hours is silly. We got lucky, in part because I don’t think Kain has ever really had to seriously defend its borderlands on reset before.

Couldn’t have agreed more, Caliburn. Although they were down in PPT in the beginning, it had nothing to do with the skills of any servers. At any rate, WM is… I’m not even sure how to begin to explain their precision in execution. Kudos to WM guild; you are a truly amazing bunch of opponents!

having a blast in this match up so far!

Dragonbrand,

(edited by BarnabyMalong.7561)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Ya’ll are putting too much focus on the end score when you should focus on the battles that you’re actually participating in. Who cares who scored what points while you were sleeping or working. It doesn’t effect you.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Ordibble.3092

Ordibble.3092

Cruddy cruddy quote crud

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Ordibble.3092

I’m afraid this doesn’t really make sense. You seem to be saying that Kain was not beat in the first hours of reset because one server is more skilled but was beat because they did an unskillful thing, and because they were made to do more unskillful things because Mag did a very skillful thing.

Had Kain held its own garrison from reset, all three servers would have been more or less evenly matched scorewise in the first few hours.

This is like saying if any other server had Kaineng’s coverage they could win the week.

We got lucky, in part because I don’t think Kain has ever really had to seriously defend its borderlands on reset before.

Kaineng not being up to the task, for whatever reason, has nothing to do with luck. And they were held to a very narrow lead for the first 8-12 hours last match by YB so they should have learned something.

(edited by Ordibble.3092)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: DarthBenedict.3410

DarthBenedict.3410

There’s a lot of frustration because the scoring system values timezone coverage above all else. A fair few people vent about this by raging at kaineng, but it really isn’t their fault and doesn’t say anything about the ability of kaineng players. Winning PvDoor doesn’t prove you have skill, but it also doesn’t prove you lack it.

[WäR]

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

I wonder how they’d implement a system that promoted scoring based off server time strengths. An average point value over the course of 24 hours, Based on points accumulated every 15 minutes. Which would then be added to the primary score at the end of every day, over the course of the week?

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

They should just make Oceanic servers. But I guess they don’t think it would be cost effective. They would have to open up free xfers though.

[SU]

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: DarthBenedict.3410

DarthBenedict.3410

Yeah, I’d say oceanic servers would be the best answer. Mostly because I’m Australian and want less ping.

[WäR]

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Ninein.4782

There’s a lot of would’ve could’ve. Maybe if your Oceanicd didn’t come in to save the day, all three servers would have been more or less evenly matched scorewise.

Ninein
-Maguuma

(edited by Ninein.4782)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Ordibble.3092

They should just make Oceanic servers. But I guess they don’t think it would be cost effective. They would have to open up free xfers though.

There was some talk awhile back of officially releasing GW2 in China but I don’t know if this ever happened. Oceanic through Asia would cover a similar time zone period to Europe or NA and should have enough players. With people embedded in other region’s servers now though I doubt it would happen. Still, if more Chinese stated playing, they might be able to fill some gaps in other servers.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello Caliburn,

Thank you for your keen insight. However, I might have to disagree on this point.

At this point in time, I find the average Maguma soldier (militia) has a better WvW skillset than the average Kaineng soldier (being thoroughly objective here). Esp dealing with the art of skirmish, siege, battle awareness, class min/max. However, I feel that most Kaineng folks commanders and soldiers alike are keen to unlearn bad habits and learn good ones. That is something I find really comforting.

There is even more training to be done I feel. I am glad we got to fight DB and Mag, I totally respect the battlefield skills of your respective groups. /salute

I sincerely wish you the best in the battlefield,
FW

[SoX] – JQ

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

So, awesome night on Kain BL – pretty decent showing from everyone. Had some fun fights at Foghaven – DB, you guys really wanted that place, was a guaranteed fight every time we went there. LOL Then, had a three-server slugfest at the crossroads between the two south towers and the south supply camp – I think DB won that one, they definitely got the camp.

To top it all off, finally got to see my old buddies from [PRO] at that same three way, even got a happy snap of you guys! I was the mesmer that kept trying to suicide through you from the south while you were distracted by our folks from the west. Woo, missed you guys from T8! :-)

All in all, pretty good night, had alot of fun.

Attachments:

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: endeavor.7530

endeavor.7530

Feels good to get our Border Lands.

Attachments:

Server: Fort Aspenwood
Main: Endeavorr