2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

You guys do realize that many of our NA base (like you guys) … just stay up later than you right~ especially around reset/saturday night? We just sleep in the next morning. I put in 12 hours a day this weekend, while watching the Superb Owl. The reason we are queued isn’t based on asian populus alone, in fact … alot of our NA players sit and fist shake because we have been at it for 12 hours and we’re waiting to hand off $ for upgrades to our friends, and update them on build queues and such. And if we are putting facts out, korean + taiwanese + chinese. I’m sure there’s more …

I won’t be dining here again this week, this meal isn’t satisfying at all.

~X

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: nalenb.1425

nalenb.1425

that picture is great but only 99% accurate! i’m an asura not bicepslady. and of course i hold no ill will towards dragonbrand even if they outnumber us heavily and ignore the rules of engagement. but let’s face it had they lined up and faced me with even numbers as per the standard of warfare, i would’ve omgwiped the floor with them and then proceeded to win wvwvw and then i would’ve posted a screenshot in this thread confirming my elite skills at the game.

Are we allowed to fight back when it’s our turn at the front of the line?

~ Abbish – Dragonbrand

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Pretty sure people on Kaineng didn’t start the chest thumping and kitten talking.

Maybe, maybe not, but we can end it on our side. Kain needs to stop responding to and propagating it completely. This “I know you are but what am I?” needs to stahp. When has this back and forth ever worked in anyone’s favor? Who is going to come in here and say “wow Kain all your many angry forum words have convinced us you are the greatest ever! We apologize and will be sending each of you 1g in reparations. We aren’t worthy!”? No. One. So please, Kaineng, grow up and quit it.

This. The actual WvW part of this week has been awesome – every time I step into WvW, I learn something new (usually accompanied by a stake thru my head, but whatever lol). On the WvW side, I’ve been immensely impressed by both of our opponents. Going to try to ignore the forum silliness for the rest of the week.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Brosef.7234

Brosef.7234

All this “Kaineng’s NA guys are bad” stuff originates from reset night. We’ve won the last two NA primetimes.

Reset night is simply explained by our population, which works against us on reset night as the PuG participation rate is highest at that time. More PuG’s = smaller guild teams and weaker organization overall. It’s a side effect of the goal of building a light population server into a very heavy population server that is a high % WvW participant population.

I know it upsets other servers that we’re bandwagoners or somesuch… but they should understand that most of these guilds on Kaineng now have been in tier 1 before. We’ve been in alliances that carried servers to tier 1 and gotten burned out on late night shifts. Our own guild left IoJ after the exodus began there… which was caused by the bigger guilds getting fatigued by the pressure of needing them online every night until late in the night. These guilds left for tier 1-2 servers with better population coverage.

Kaineng presented the opportunity to build a server bereft of a heavy PvE-only populace. We have the opportunity to WvW on a more casual time frame (though we fight as a hardcore WvW guild on our raid nights) due to the high participation rate created by all the WvW guild transfers. It’s worked out exactly as we’d hoped thus far. Our guildmembers who like sleep are able to get more of it again. It’s been healthier for our guild for sure.

Warrior
Valor [RUN] Guild
Kaineng Server

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Camora.4197

Camora.4197

So i just 1v1d a warrior from HEAT, a db guild in Kaineng BL. I would love to know what kind of set up you are running. You really handed me my lunch.

Edit: As a fellow warrior I am curious. Where you running with frenzy?

Kaineng

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

All this “Kaineng’s NA guys are bad” stuff originates from reset night. We’ve won the last two NA primetimes.

Did it ever occur to you that mag/db non-reset primetimes are not equal to our reset primetime? Do you really think we push 4 queue maps every night? Do you understand what the defender’s advantage is in WvW? You’re being dishonest with yourself.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

While this thread is temporarily (maybe?) closed for moderation, please use the more posi thread, located here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/2-1-Maguuma-Dragonbrand-WM-Take-2/first

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: shortcake.8659

shortcake.8659

People care about the score a bit too much. Just enjoy the fights. And with Kaineng winning by such a large margin? Just look at the matchup predictions for next week. Ehmry Bay and Sorrow’s Furnace. A t8 server and another server they spawn camped almost 24/7 two weeks ago. They might “win” this week, but you can sure believe there won’t be much fun for them next week.

some terrible idiot in [pre]

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: byxor.6170

byxor.6170

Reset night is simply explained by our population, which works against us on reset night as the PuG participation rate is highest at that time. More PuG’s = smaller guild teams and weaker organization overall. It’s a side effect of the goal of building a light population server into a very heavy population server that is a high % WvW participant population.

The last two primetimes…? As in after you already took a huge lead taking the map in the morning and the other servers stopped showing up? I don’t know about the borderlands on reset but EB had a huge WM presence trying to take your keep, and everything but SM back, they sure aren’t a “pug”. And “pugs” are obviously an issue for every server on reset.

I thank DB for the smaller battles fought on the fields, and some JP fun this weekend. Saddens me to never seen Kain there at NA times. It’s nice and cozy in the JP…. yes…. nice and cozy.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Did it ever occur to you that mag/db non-reset primetimes are not equal to our reset primetime? Do you really think we push 4 queue maps every night? Do you understand what the defender’s advantage is in WvW? You’re being dishonest with yourself.

Um, you aren’t quite getting it.

He is saying that exactly about Kaineng.

Kaineng on reset night = a lot of pugs and very few organized guilds due to to the amount pugs that want to play on reset night.

After reset night = this is where it really matters as this is where you field your actual WvW guilds/teams and not so many pugs. This is where dedication from your NA primetime guilds shine.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

Um, you aren’t quite getting it.

He is saying that exactly about Kaineng.

Kaineng on reset night = a lot of pugs and very few organized guilds due to to the amount pugs that want to play on reset night.

After reset night = this is where it really matters as this is where you field your actual WvW guilds/teams and not so many pugs. This is where dedication from your NA primetime guilds shine.

It shines because you’re left with a lot of upgraded keeps to defend.

Ninein
-Maguuma

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

While this thread is temporarily (maybe?) closed for moderation, please use the more posi thread, located here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/2-1-Maguuma-Dragonbrand-WM-Take-2/first

Please encourage the OP of the thread you mention here change the topic to a non-troll topic (ie. Mag/DB/Kaineng). It’s a bit difficult to take that thread seriously when the topic itself is obviously trolling.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Pretty sure people on Kaineng didn’t start the chest thumping and kitten talking.

Maybe, maybe not, but we can end it on our side. Kain needs to stop responding to and propagating it completely. This “I know you are but what am I?” needs to stahp. When has this back and forth ever worked in anyone’s favor? Who is going to come in here and say “wow Kain all your many angry forum words have convinced us you are the greatest ever! We apologize and will be sending each of you 1g in reparations. We aren’t worthy!”? No. One. So please, Kaineng, grow up and quit it.

Valid point.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

While I agree with Shaka, I think it’s worth pointing out that having an intelligent, critical conversation about each other’s performances does not have to be chest thumping, either… Yet so often, someone takes offense, instead of being introspective and it turns into a battle of bluster.

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Yet so often, someone takes offense, instead of being introspective and it turns into a battle of bluster.

I don’t disagree. But the second someone takes offense and goes feral on everyone the conversation should be over, reported, and not fed into any more, end of story. It’s the nature of our relationship with Magz and DB (and actually all of the rest in the past to be honest) this match up and we need to accept that we’re not going to be having introspective life-changing dialogue with them, especially once the conversation degrades into slandering and obvious trolling. So you didn’t win an argument on the internet, the horror of it all! Just don’t respond at all and let it go is what I’m saying. I’m all for constructive conversation which I try my hardest to impart on these threads, but let’s face it, it ain’t happening right now and I doubt very much that attitude will change between now and Friday.

Stick to the personal stories or triumph and funny defeats, give credit where credit is due, tell Magz and DB you love them and squeeze them and make them uncomfortable with your awkward hugs while whispering sweet nothings into their ears.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

Amidst all the finger pointing, I should like to point out that on reset night in the Kain BL, it wasn’t the fact that we were double-teamed that annoyed us. It was the fact that a bug in map queue kept our numbers much lower than those of the other two servers. That’s right. The mighty Kaineng zerg was reduced to 60-70 ppl max against at least twice that number. When DB took Fog and seiged it up while around the same time attacking the northeast tower with no less than 6 trebs, while Mag kept taking our supply camps in the north and west, we knew we were done for. It was my honor (?) to engage DB forces multiple times and by their highly skilled and tenacious fighting, I am now thinking DB is worse than Devona ever was.

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Ninein.4782

I would’ve been impressed with Kaineng if they held their own on reset night. Heck it would make some kind of statement if Kaineng held their own during reset night in T4.

But alas, when this is pointed out, there’s just a lot of denial and excuses. Don’t blame some of us for thinking that Kaineng is carried by Koreans.

Ninein
-Maguuma

(edited by Ninein.4782)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Amidst all the finger pointing, I should like to point out that on reset night in the Kain BL, it wasn’t the fact that we were double-teamed that annoyed us. It was the fact that a bug in map queue kept our numbers much lower than those of the other two servers. That’s right. The mighty Kaineng zerg was reduced to 60-70 ppl max against at least twice that number. When DB took Fog and seiged it up while around the same time attacking the northeast tower with no less than 6 trebs, while Mag kept taking our supply camps in the north and west, we knew we were done for. It was my honor (?) to engage DB forces multiple times and by their highly skilled and tenacious fighting, I am now thinking DB is worse than Devona ever was.

This is another post assuming the same isn’t true of us. We have the same thing going on for our home BL all week, we just haven’t been posting about it all willy nilly!

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Mortalitas.9710

Mortalitas.9710

13 golem for our garry

GJ Kaineng

Hello! I’m sorta new the WvW thing and trying to really learn as much as I can this week. I noticed in the other threads what appeared to be sarcasm at golem tactics. What is wrong with doing it? Is it considered a cop out? What would you consider a better strategy if the golems look like they will work?

Golems are somewhat expensive and if not defended against quickly enough they are very effective. But numbers like 13 seem seriously excessive.

Excessive humph! Never kind sir never! However when you use golems to cover the fact that you and your team have zero skill it may be an issue.

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

Excessive humph! Never kind sir never! However when you use golems to cover the fact that you and your team have zero skill it may be an issue.

I’ll take anything I can get my hands on to cover the fact that I have no skill.

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

If a plan fails, it is always because you didn’t bring enough golems. Always.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

I would’ve been impressed with Kaineng if they held their own on reset night. Heck it would make some kind of statement if Kaineng held their own during reset night in T4.

But alas, when this is pointed out, there’s just a lot of denial and excuses. Don’t blame some of us for thinking that Kaineng is carried by Koreans.

But why does it matter how they get their points?

Do you have to be beaten exactly on your terms, exactly how you want to be played, for it to be respectful? If an opponent capitalizes on an advantage, that’s somehow underhanded behavior?

The battle is between servers, not individuals or guilds. If you care about the outcome, then you simply have to acknowledge that the entirety of what that server offers is what you get.

If you don’t care about the outcome, only the fight, then why even comment about what happens when you’re asleep?

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Farout.8207

Farout.8207

My dad can beat up your dad!

~ Cleetus

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: shortcake.8659

shortcake.8659

Stopping to kill one target when there’s a more important objective will slow you down. in-combat run speed is considerably slower than out of combat. It simply isn’t worth their time to always kill one guy when there’s something more important to do in a time sensitive manner. I’ve run with them many times, and they’re highly disciplined and know better than to chase after individual targets and get split up.

some terrible idiot in [pre]

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Ninein.4782

It would take a split second for 30 to down me on their way.

Ninein
-Maguuma

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

The last point is a lot more amusing to me.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: SquirtyMagoo.8321

SquirtyMagoo.8321

Hey guys, thought I might be brazen and post something that isn’t related to whining about 2v1, bugs on reset night, how disciplined WM are, or how unfair it is that some people play the game when you don’t and complete objectives.

So here was a nice little moment from KBL a couple of hours ago.

Why do we have to fight?… Can’t we just sit and enjoy the scenery together?

Attachments:

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Overall…
Kaineng veni, vidi, vici
If it’s all what DB and mag could bring to give us a run for our money I just laugh at all threads trolls I could see. Or T3 is a joke or these two servers are overrated and selffish. If I were you I would pay to leave your server because you wont go anywhere btw with the rating reset you ll find a better place that will suit you Mag T8 and DB T7, you might even loose there !
And EU guilds are also here in Kaineng the Destructor tyvm
All these trash talks to summarize we beat you.
Even our pugs are better than your skilled people haha… Sad

Score update :
Kaineng 146325 // +625
DB 59544 // +35
Mag 55851 // +35

Titan War. [RISE] [LORD] Kaineng

(edited by Titan.3472)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Mortalitas.9710

Mortalitas.9710

I’ll take anything I can get my hands on to cover the fact that I have no skill.

I wouldn’t say that you have skills other people though eh. ( Not Pointing fingers at other servers)

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

JudgeD.5673

Pinko, I was pointing out what I saw and experienced that night. That is all. But it’s well night impossible to cover a large enemy zerg and another enemy raiding group with only 60 ppl unless all 60 are very skilled in PvP tactics. We still had this queue bug Sunday as well.

CrSy/LaWz

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I’m sad we haven’t seen more of Littlefeather. He was cool.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

The match is pretty much over in terms of who’s going to win, and the person was saying if he pulled 5 RE to do a 5v5 then Kaineng BL would fall. He did eventually duel one of our mesmers, so there’s that, I guess. I don’t really see a point in waiting until Thursday especially since I’m pretty sure RE’s scheduled time interferes with several of our schedules, but whatever.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Ninya.3942

Ninya.3942

The match is pretty much over in terms of who’s going to win, and the person was saying if he pulled 5 RE to do a 5v5 then Kaineng BL would fall. He did eventually duel one of our mesmers, so there’s that, I guess. I don’t really see a point in waiting until Thursday especially since I’m pretty sure RE’s scheduled time interferes with several of our schedules, but whatever.

We arn’t going to make you go

If you want to go do duels, go do duels. We just have a sanctioned one by our guild on Thursday and that is when most of us will be participating.

Elementalist Class Lead
Rethesis [RE] – Tarnished Coast
http://rethesis.com/

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

Add me, and send a whisper anytime. I’m literally ALWAYS willing to duel anyone.

~Shadowkat

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Anatolian Turk.4057

Anatolian Turk.4057

You guys can say whatever you want to Kain but thats not going to break our spirits. Couple weeks ago we were low tier server, getting beaten down every week. But things has changed. We are still young and have alot to learn… And we are learning, and we have learned a lot in this week’s match-up. Instead of fighting us on the forums, fight us in the battlegrounds. Then you’ll see who is the bigger man.

Attachments:

Honourable Guardian | Desolation
Arenanet killed WvW
R.I.P. WvW 2012 – 2015

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: eldavo.6054

eldavo.6054

The main use for golems is busting siege deadlocks. Alpha Siege Golems get through a reinforced gate very quickly and Omega Siege Golems get through fortified walls very quickly, more so in large numbers.

There is something that can be said for playing the tower/keep warfare game without relying on golems because its important to think about the position of enemy teams on the map. Its difficult to describe this concept without showing you but stealth capping rarely works these days due to the number of players in wvw that react to contested swords on the map. They see white swords behind a tower and someone almost always checks it out and tells their teammates what is causing it.

So you need to tie up a large number of enemy forces somewhere on the map where they are forced to run back and defend but cannot do so before you can get through a gate with rams or a wall with catapults. You want to force a situation where they know they are losing a tower but cannot save it in time. A big part of borderland defense is getting your enemy out of position and denying them timely access to supply so they cannot repair fast enough or put up defensive siege. Speed and silence is very important.

With enough golems + appropriately sized escort you can get through a gate fast enough that it almost doesn’t matter where enemy teams are. They are not going to react fast enough unless they have already got siege weapons pre-emptively built and a large number of players are very near the keep/tower or literally inside it.

A properly executed portal chain allows golems to move across the map faster than players with perma swiftness. 5 alpha golems + timewarp will get through 2 reinforced gates really fast. In most cases, your only chance to save a keep is to have siege pre-emptively built and enough players nearby to hold until you can waypoint an army in.

Golem plays are fine and there can be a great deal of skill and planning involved in a successful golem rush. You need good scouting/intelligence, a good portal chain, a contingency portal if you get spotted or it all goes horribly wrong. You need to be ready to fight an entire server that will attempt to waypoint on top of you. You need to have some way of shutting down an enemy team’s ability to travel across the map quickly, which requires distraction teams and/or shutting down waypoints to increase travel time.

Or you can also elect to ignore all of those things and just throw money at a problem via failed golem rush #6 until attrition gradually gets the better of your opponent.

But thats more of a problem with attrition generally.

Thank you Rebel Daughter for being one of the seemingly few non-troll Maguuma posters. This match has made me kind of upset due to all the inappropriate “lynch mob” accusations of WM botting and the derision of Kaineng NA players. I remember you also made reasonable posts back in the day when I was on Darkhaven matched up against Maguuma, I think you among all others represent what might be good about Maguuma.

Maguuma has good strategies and defends on the whole as well or better than any other server I’ve played against. I was looking forward to the good battles and the challenges that all of us who WvW are here for. I’ve gotten a few so far and am grateful for that. Unfortunately I was skiing over the weekend so only consumed forum vitriol as a poor substitute in the first few days, was certainly not ready for the verbal abuse presented by so many of the Maguuma forum warriors.

I remember in the previous matchups (when we from RE and SE were on Darkhaven) we enjoyed some of the first Fight Clubs that Littlefeather put together. I am happy to see that Maguuma continued on the Fight Club tradition as did we. I hope by the end of the matchup things can cool down and we can enjoy the greatest Fight Club in the history of GW2. Maybe we can identify all the forum trolls (on all servers) and pit them together in a battle royale while we train warthogs and spiders on them as a Fight Club centerpiece.

Diaverse
Guardian – Commander – Officer of Rethesis [RE] Tarnished Coast

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

If you want to go do duels, go do duels. We just have a sanctioned one by our guild on Thursday and that is when most of us will be participating.

Whew, here I was afraid I was going to have to leave work early to be forced into going! :P

You guys can say whatever you want to Kain but thats not going to break our spirits. Couple weeks ago we were low tier server, getting beaten down every week. But things has changed. We are still young and have alot to learn… And we are learning, and we have learned a lot in this week’s match-up. Instead of fighting us on the forums, fight us in the battlegrounds. Then you’ll see who is the bigger man.

Here is your score chart for “a couple of weeks ago”: http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/51/18

Here’s some more:
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/51/17
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/51/16
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/51/15
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/51/14
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/51/13

It’s been almost two months :P

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Ninya.3942

Ninya.3942

Whew, here I was afraid I was going to have to leave work early to be forced into going! :P

Here is your score chart for “a couple of weeks ago”: http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/51/18

Here’s some more:
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/51/17
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/51/16
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/51/15
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/51/14
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/51/13

It’s been almost two months :P

Yes everyone gets it, y’all don’t like when people say good stuff about us because we are all terrible

Also, I’m going to get my pet Quaggan to come pick all of the Maguumbas and Dragonbrandos from work and give their bosses doctor notes as excuses. Rx – Fight Club CooooOOOOoo

Elementalist Class Lead
Rethesis [RE] – Tarnished Coast
http://rethesis.com/

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Hackuuna.4085

Hackuuna.4085

My impression has been that around 60-70 is actually the max allowed on the borderland maps. We had what, 15 DER|P, 20 SM, 15 PYRO, 10 miscellaneous at reset on Kaineng Borderland? I might be forgetting another guild in there but certainly we had no more than that with some of those estimates being a bit high. Paralda probably has a better idea of who was there.

Also, losing north supply constantly during a reset night when you don’t hold Garrison, and are down to one tower means you either had poor scouting, poor defense, or poor decision making. Losing that north supply a lot is not a good sign.

(edited by Hackuuna.4085)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Ninein.4782

66 was what I recall being max for a borderland per side.

Ninein
-Maguuma

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Last I heard it was 500 total per map, which is a lot more than 66 per team. It could have changed since then, but I’d be surprised if it was that low now.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

JudgeD.5673

Possibly poor/nonexistent scouting then. And having been one of them…. Though, I do recall getting spiked by both Mag and DB in the north part of the map while scouting several times. Only once was it a fair fight; the rest were the usual dogpiles I tend to find. Not sure on how often north supply was lost, at least once and possibly twice in 3 hrs if I recall correctly.
With Mag, it was garrison and Arah, with Arah flipping several times. DB? I’m not sure. They held Fog and the NE tower quite well, I noticed. Though we were focused on garrison for some time.

CrSy/LaWz

(edited by JudgeD.5673)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Ninein.4782

Last I heard it was 500 total per map, which is a lot more than 66 per team. It could have changed since then, but I’d be surprised if it was that low now.

Yeah you’re right I forgot to leave out a hundred. 500/3=166ish.

Ninein
-Maguuma

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Hackuuna.4085

That number doesn’t make sense purely from an anecdotal point of view. Kain BL was queued instantly from our side at reset and like I said, the total estimates for the number of people present from each guild goes nowhere beyond 70. I don’t see how we could have had another 100 people present and unaccounted for. The most likely explanation is that each side is queued at around 70.

If it was beyond 100 for each side, at reset you would be facing groups of 50 hitting two places at once which, as far as I have been playing this game, has never happened. If we had 166 when it queued, we could have had 60 at garrison, and 50 at NW supply / South supply. We didn’t cross lanes to DB side and that was where all our efforts were. At no point did I ever see 50 of us in garrison + 50 guarding dolyaks.

(edited by Hackuuna.4085)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Ninein.4782

Yea I don’t think anyone has been able to confirm the numbers since Anet won’t release it. This is a best guestimate from what I read.

Ninein
-Maguuma

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Hackuuna.4085

Possibly poor/nonexistent scouting then. And having been one of them…. Though, I do recall getting spiked by both Mag and DB in the north part of the map while scouting several times. Only once was it a fair fight; the rest were the usual dogpiles I tend to find. Not sure on how often north supply was lost, at least once and possibly twice in 3 hrs if I recall correctly.
With Mag, it was garrison and Arah, with Arah flipping several times. DB? I’m not sure. They held Fog and the NE tower quite well, I noticed. Though we were focused on garrison for some time.

I can’t say for sure either, I just remember opening the map up often and finding it blue, with it sometimes being green. Of course, I didn’t see it all the time so maybe I got a false impression but the impression I did get was that the camp was flipping fairly regularly.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

Posting events that happen in WvW as they happened is trolling so my super awesome post got deleted. Here check it out again before mods delete.
Maaggoooommaa Tactics
http://imgur.com/a/JvXS6

Attachments:

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: FrankieBonez.8361

FrankieBonez.8361

Overall…
Kaineng veni, vidi, vici
If it’s all what DB and mag could bring to give us a run for our money I just laugh at all threads trolls I could see. Or T3 is a joke or these two servers are overrated and selffish. If I were you I would pay to leave your server because you wont go anywhere btw with the rating reset you ll find a better place that will suit you Mag T8 and DB T7, you might even loose there !
And EU guilds are also here in Kaineng the Destructor tyvm
All these trash talks to summarize we beat you.
Even our pugs are better than your skilled people haha… Sad

Score update :
Kaineng 146325 // +625
DB 59544 // +35
Mag 55851 // +35

Titan War. [RISE] [LORD] Kaineng

Wow, keep talking bandwagoner. Not even three weeks ago you were boasting how good Crystal Desert was. Tell me, did you transfer off after FA and DB stomped you out? or was it after CD’s mass exodus where you couldn’t be carried any longer.

Kaineng has benefitted from large transfers from the top-tiers, and you left yours after you stopped winning. You are the very definition of a bandwagoner. You even complained about IoJ transfers to FA and said:

“FA is the last server I would go to for plenty good reasons that’s 100% sure. As soon as they will start falling half of the server will jump out”

oh and

“As soon as we will beat FA your newcomers will jump away also.”

and lol:

“We play for fun on CD that s a huge difference with people playing to win and jumping from their server (for life :p) to another (for tier).”

No personal attacks here, just calling out bullkitten when I see it. Don’t give Kaineng a bad name, it’s not your place nor your server. Stop taking credit for other people’s work – you had absolutely nothing to do with Kaineng’s rise up to this point and you have no experience with fighting up from the bottom.

Overlord Sorin | Sorin Rising | Ansorin
Elephant Ambush [EA] | Dragonbrand | GW2 YouTube!

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Thank you Rebel Daughter for being one of the seemingly few non-troll Maguuma posters. This match has made me kind of upset due to all the inappropriate “lynch mob” accusations of WM botting and the derision of Kaineng NA players. I remember you also made reasonable posts back in the day when I was on Darkhaven matched up against Maguuma, I think you among all others represent what might be good about Maguuma.

Maguuma has good strategies and defends on the whole as well or better than any other server I’ve played against. I was looking forward to the good battles and the challenges that all of us who WvW are here for. I’ve gotten a few so far and am grateful for that. Unfortunately I was skiing over the weekend so only consumed forum vitriol as a poor substitute in the first few days, was certainly not ready for the verbal abuse presented by so many of the Maguuma forum warriors.

It isn’t vitriol. Several of those players are just having fun with you and seeing how Kaineng players react. Do you blame them? What else is there to do in a matchup where timezone coverage is stacked this much against them? Even Dragonbrand’s large SEA guilds are dwarfed. You might be able to go skiing over the weekend but I couldn’t leave my computer to smoke a cigarette without getting a keep or tower in Mag BL broken into. So I chose not to do it on Sunday.

Thanks for the kind words but I think we have very different philosophies on how this game can and should be played. What I saw from Kaineng over the weekend was not good. I mean this in a well intentioned way. It nevertheless concerns me that for a long time the way you play this game on NA servers has been been based on the HoD Titan Alliance template. You build timezone coverage and win via attrition killing your opponents will to fight faster than it kills yours.

Now I’ve been actively trying to avoid that kind of game but every other week, it seems like thats the game my server is forced to play. Its particularly egregious this week.

(edited by Besetment.9187)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

I’m actually ashamed of many of the people on the forums. I’ve been having fun in this wvwvw.

I’m so sick of the egos.

Can’t we just kill each other and get on with life?

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.