2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

I admire the skill of Kaineng being able to beat servers that have a lot less wvw population. Good luck in T2 Kaineng, I have a feeling you’ll need it.

Thanks! By the tone of the T2 thread already, I’m thinking we’ll have fun there, win or lose. Digging it so far!

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

I admire the skill of Kaineng being able to beat servers that have a lot less wvw population. Good luck in T2 Kaineng, I have a feeling you’ll need it.

Thanks! By the tone of the T2 thread already, I’m thinking we’ll have fun there, win or lose. Digging it so far!

sorry kid, not even your zergfest of ‘skill’ has what it takes to beat other massive zergfests. ever reset kain has moved up. take into consideration why. and don’t be condescending like you were in the reply i’m replying to.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Oh the Ironing.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

sorry kid, not even your zergfest of ‘skill’ has what it takes to beat other massive zergfests. ever reset kain has moved up. take into consideration why. and don’t be condescending like you were in the reply i’m replying to.

Your honest criticism of Kaineng is always appreciated, Lightsbane. Have a fun matchup next week. I don’t know what server you are on as I’ve seen you around in a few of your weekly posts but I do not believe we will be facing you, so it should be good for you.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: nightfend.4072

nightfend.4072

So… no ratings reset. Kaineng goes up to tier 2 and Fort Aspenwood joins us.

Rejoice fellow Magrubmans, Tohrbline open season is upon us once again!

Yeah, except FA play VERY well (unlike Kain). Not sure I’m looking forward to fighting them and their portal bombs again.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

So… no ratings reset. Kaineng goes up to tier 2 and Fort Aspenwood joins us.

Rejoice fellow Magrubmans, Tohrbline open season is upon us once again!

Yeah, except FA play VERY well (unlike Kain). Not sure I’m looking forward to fighting them and their portal bombs again.

We’ve improved in open field since we last faced them. It should be fun. I mean really, the last time we faced FA we learned quite a bit.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Kioso.4819

Kioso.4819

At least FA is honest why they are able to beat Mag/DB. Instead of pretending it’s because of how good they all are.
I dont recall the FA/Mag/DB discussion going on for 2 whole threads where 90% of the posts were from FA talking themselves up.

(edited by Kioso.4819)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Your honest criticism of Kaineng is always appreciated, Lightsbane. Have a fun matchup next week. I don’t know what server you are on as I’ve seen you around in a few of your weekly posts but I do not believe we will be facing you, so it should be good for you.

i agree, it was honest. kaineng came from nothing and dominated servers who were already reduced to nothing.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Oh I almost forgot, there was a guy speed hacking last night. He was from Maguuma in a guild called Slaughter them all [Stab]. He was reported obviously, just thought the guild would like to know.

You sure it was speed hacking and not lag? There was a charr on Kain the other day that was moving in abnormal ways. But since it appeared he was not doing this to get some sort of advantage over me I just chalked it up to him lagging.

[SU]

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Uh huh…

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Judas.5432

Judas.5432

A long shot i know, I hope Anet matches Kaineng up against JQ or one of the other tier 1 servers this up coming week. Kaineng needs an epic beat down and , speaking for myself only , would love for my server to face them. I’m still bitter about being spawn camped by 30 + Kaineng while my old server could only muster 5 – 10 people by the end of the week lol.

I get the feeling some of Kaineng hasn’t been to the upper tiers before but I have. Having been a native SBI, I’ve seen T1/2 pressures and they really are 24/7.

While I can’t imagine WM numbers pulling in anything under T3 when they are fully active, I don’t think our NA presence is quite enough to keep up with our opposition during the day. I get the feeling that, when the dust settles, we will find ourselves torn between T2 and T3 simply because of our oceanics.\

It’s unfortunate, really. I’m sure they feel the same way we do when they spend all of their evening fighting tooth and nail (which will happen in upper tiers) only to wake up in their morning with everything lost. I can definitely say CO will do our best to make sure that doesn’t happen but the upper tiers are crazy high pressure and, from what I’ve seen, we just don’t have the NA daytime numbers to make it happen.

That being said, I will be happy wherever we end up on the boards so long as we don’t settle in T1. WvW is pretty fun regardless of who I am fighting against.

I’d also like to say (though most of you know it) that you tend to get back what you put out in these forums. I see a lot of animosity beginning early in these threads just because people don’t like to lose and like losing badly even more. Insults begin being thrown back and forth, tensions rise, and before you know it all that’s left is a venomous environment.

Most of the people I encounter on Kaineng are friendly, happy, and fun-loving. I know things can get heated and some players are not as skilled as others but, should we ever encounter each other again, let’s try and keep it a little nicer in here. I had a great time fighting you all when things were even. I encountered DBs much more often than Mags but it was good times, regardless. I know plenty of you feel the same and I do not judge your servers by any of the negativity shown here. Please don’t judge mine by any that we’ve shown either :-)

Good luck and have fun in the coming weeks!

-Judas [CO]

Judas – Kaineng
[CO] Cryptic Omen

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Oh I almost forgot, there was a guy speed hacking last night. He was from Maguuma in a guild called Slaughter them all [Stab]. He was reported obviously, just thought the guild would like to know.

You sure it was speed hacking and not lag? There was a charr on Kain the other day that was moving in abnormal ways. But since it appeared he was not doing this to get some sort of advantage over me I just chalked it up to him lagging.

Positive. There is a major difference between lag and speed hacking.

~ AoN ~

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

A long shot i know, I hope Anet matches Kaineng up against JQ or one of the other tier 1 servers this up coming week. Kaineng needs an epic beat down and , speaking for myself only , would love for my server to face them. I’m still bitter about being spawn camped by 30 + Kaineng while my old server could only muster 5 – 10 people by the end of the week lol.

I get the feeling some of Kaineng hasn’t been to the upper tiers before but I have. Having been a native SBI, I’ve seen T1/2 pressures and they really are 24/7.

While I can’t imagine WM numbers pulling in anything under T3 when they are fully active, I don’t think our NA presence is quite enough to keep up with our opposition during the day. I get the feeling that, when the dust settles, we will find ourselves torn between T2 and T3 simply because of our oceanics.\

It’s unfortunate, really. I’m sure they feel the same way we do when they spend all of their evening fighting tooth and nail (which will happen in upper tiers) only to wake up in their morning with everything lost. I can definitely say CO will do our best to make sure that doesn’t happen but the upper tiers are crazy high pressure and, from what I’ve seen, we just don’t have the NA daytime numbers to make it happen.

That being said, I will be happy wherever we end up on the boards so long as we don’t settle in T1. WvW is pretty fun regardless of who I am fighting against.

I’d also like to say (though most of you know it) that you tend to get back what you put out in these forums. I see a lot of animosity beginning early in these threads just because people don’t like to lose and like losing badly even more. Insults begin being thrown back and forth, tensions rise, and before you know it all that’s left is a venomous environment.

Most of the people I encounter on Kaineng are friendly, happy, and fun-loving. I know things can get heated and some players are not as skilled as others but, should we ever encounter each other again, let’s try and keep it a little nicer in here. I had a great time fighting you all when things were even. I encountered DBs much more often than Mags but it was good times, regardless. I know plenty of you feel the same and I do not judge your servers by any of the negativity shown here. Please don’t judge mine by any that we’ve shown either :-)

Good luck and have fun in the coming weeks!

-Judas [CO]

I can summarize the negativity directed towards KN:

1) Dimissal of reset night result and using score days later as justification for chest thumping.
2) “Unusual” group movement by subset of [WM] in Eternal Battleground.

Ninein
-Maguuma

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

I missed fight club, so how was it? My guildies said it was boring, but surely something set up 24 hours in advance wasn’t boring, really?

Anyone other than the usual 4 or 5 people who show up, want to give fair duels a try just mail me ingame. Win or lose, you can learn a lot. Very good practice in the event you lag a little and stray from your zergball. shock

30-40 RE came and stood in a line. We tried prodding them with pulls to come fight at the other 3-4 spots, but they wouldn’t bite. After being pulled a couple dozen times, they started attacking, so we started killing. It turned into a full brawl until RE took their ball and went home.

Troll attempt but whatevs. We had about 20 total and only 7-8 would line up. Both times we set up fight club (our way) de®p and co would interrupt.

The easiest way to get people to move to one of the other areas is to point and move there…not anger the whole group by bombing them. After most of our guild got tired of de®p trying to ruin everything I stuck around fighting some duels, but some OG ele kept attacking random RE players without trying to start a duel normally. Got annoyed after fighting him for 5 min and left. Real classy guys…

Shout out to triggerless and the others who didn’t want everything to fall into chaos.

Edit- apparently de®p is now censored on here…

Hey I was that random OG ele that kept attacking RE with my lightning whip. It was my tactic to get easy duels without waiting in line, if you attack someone with your 1 long enough they are bound to fight back. You should note that I never stomped any of them once they were downed it was just a fun thing.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Niim.9260

I see a lot of animosity beginning early in these threads just because people don’t like to lose and like losing badly even more.

This kind of comment really shows the disconnect in the discussion, in my opinion.
You seem to be trying to make a sincere post, so I will take it on that face value, but the truth is that the only server that ‘on average’ cares about winning, is Kain. Neither DB nor Mag won last week either, and neither server is likely to win this coming week. Free transfers ended, we all choose to come to our new homes, or stay with old ones, knowing the situation of those servers and if winning was our concern, we would have picked different servers.

~ AoN ~

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

It was a teleport hack, I watched the guy for a bit, looked like some of our own were reporting him. Fortunately no one was following his icon, probably because no one could keep up him, so it was pretty isolated and a non factor.

Kash
NSP

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Actually, no condescension at all, bud. I’m very much looking forward to T2 and leaving all of this anger and negativity behind. T2 is going to be a great time.

Also, notice I didn’t say anything about skill in my post. I don’t think it’s me that’s stuck on that issue. Thanks for the battles this week tho – even if the forums were disappointing, the fights were alot of fun. Cheers!

I can summarize the negativity directed towards KN:

1) Dimissal of reset night result and using score days later as justification for chest thumping.

I think we can reword that to show we were all guilty of silliness -

1) Dimissal of score days later and using reset night result as justification for chest thumping.

Bottom line, all three servers were guilty of being poo-flinging monkeys this week at one point or another. Thankfully, the week is over and we can all move on. :-)

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Dhampyr.2104)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

I see a lot of animosity beginning early in these threads just because people don’t like to lose and like losing badly even more.

This kind of comment really shows the disconnect in the discussion, in my opinion.
You seem to be trying to make a sincere post, so I will take it on that face value, but the truth is that the only server that ‘on average’ cares about winning, is Kain. Neither DB nor Mag won last week either, and neither server is likely to win this coming week. Free transfers ended, we all choose to come to our new homes, or stay with old ones, knowing the situation of those servers and if winning was our concern, we would have picked different servers.

I do think there’s some truth to his comment, with the caveat that people also act like idiots when they’re winning easily.

While winning may not be the reason we play, I think it’s hard to say that both servers are completely neutral about the outcome. Were the matchup close, would that change the tone on the forums?

It seems to me that people say some really stupid things when they’re winning or losing big. Even fights tend to be much more respectful.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Judas.5432

Judas.5432

It was sincere :-) I like interacting with other players whether I play with them or against them and, yes, I can see why it would be perceived as a disconnect but I find that sometimes people need to hear a positive voice from a server that is generally being painted negatively……just to remind everyone we are here also.

I actually wrote a long response but somewhere in the middle of it all, the forums decided I wasn’t logged in any more so it’s gone and I don’t have the patience to rewrite it.

The gist of it was that many of us picked Kaineng due to it’s indomitable willpower and positive outlook in the face of WvW defeat for so many weeks. I think a lot of those people are still here and hope that, in the weeks to come, such spirit will prove to still exist on Kaineng.

So yes, I think a loss will be good for our server….not that I’ll go down without a fight, mind you ;-)

Judas – Kaineng
[CO] Cryptic Omen

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Niim.9260

The gist of it was that many of us picked Kaineng due to it’s indomitable willpower and positive outlook in the face of WvW defeat for so many weeks. I think a lot of those people are still here and hope that, in the weeks to come, such spirit will prove to still exist on Kaineng.

Judging from this weeks threads, and the other independent thread on the topic, I think what Kain once was has long since been watered down by all the people that transferred there.

To some extent it makes a lot of sense, that it would be gone. Kain was as you described “indomitable willpower and positive outlook in the face of WvW defeat for so many weeks” and you transferred a bunch of people to it that left their servers because they were losing or dying. Those people didn’t bring ‘indomitable willpower and positive outlook in the face of WvW defeat’ with them by the nature of their move, so it would water down what existed originally to the point that it likely no longer exists at all, wouldn’t it?

Either way good luck in your next week’s match-up.

~ AoN ~

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

DER|P has presence at most organized duels and every one of them (until this one) our members are respectful and will always respect random duels out in the open. The reason this one got into a brawl is because of the lining up system.

Tip for future fight clubs: people have limited play time and do not want to be sitting around waiting 1 hour to get a fight in. Whoever thought that was a good way to run a fight club hopefully will realize that we are all adults and this isn’t pre-school. Every single person should have a chance to fight and all the areas in a fight club should have fights going.

So let me understand how this works. Your adults, who look for a fair chance to play and believe in equal opportunity for those to have a chance to fight.

The rules were laid out in writing well prior to the event, and because you did not agree with them, and choose to ignore the /whisper and get in contact with the organizers, it’s better to break the rules? Even downing random people who come to watch there friends or father?

Pro Tip: Why not just whisper or get on the voice comm together and say "hey guys, we have a lot of people here, and waiting 10 minutes between fights even longer is incredibly lame/boring. Can we set up a couple arenas to help speed it up we want to duel, not watch?

It’s a valid suggestion, and probably would have gone over better. We’ll take your advice and suggestion on here, and maybe if your true to your sentiment and retaining the respectful duels, we can have it be more successful next time? If there’s 10 people per group… break out 2 arena’s more … 3 etc. Maybe … communicate even a quick 1 liner with them so both voice comms can arrange it.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Stoneslammer.3650

Stoneslammer.3650

Actually I think this comment shows the disconnect in the discussion in my opinion. Stating any specific server “cares more” or is “better than”, “Stronger than”, etc, any other server, especially when that server has not proved itself in an “even” fight numbers wise is what has many posters a bit miffed.

While all of Kain can not be blamed and more blame lies with Anet than the players over current WvW population imbalances. Specially when they never should have gave forewarning of when paid transfers would end. I would in my opinion say that a good portion of animosity towards those very large guilds that did massive moves to Kain is deserved. Not only by those they have faced in the recent weeks but by those servers they deserted. Couple that with some occasional cheating by one of these very large guilds and the saying “Reap what you sow” comes to mind.

As for who cares about winning, well we all do to an extent. When in WvW most do try their best to win whatever skirmishes or battles we find ourselves in and Kain deserves no props for being the “Only” server who cares about winning. That Kain has won its recent match-ups means little. As every recent match they have had has been so unevenly matched that only a fool would chest thump over those victories. It is akin to a heavy-weight contender beating the crap out of a drunk staggering down the street and then congratulating himself on a well fought fight.

.But things have a way of working themselves out and I am quite confident once Kain meets its first loss these forums will see some very interesting posts about who is too blame as opposed to the chest thumping we have been seeing.

Snipburz-Maguuma-TWT

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Niim.9260

As for who cares about winning, well we all do to an extent. When in WvW most do try their best to win whatever skirmishes or battles we find ourselves in and Kain deserves no props for being the “Only” server who cares about winning.

Yes, my bad, I should have been more clear in that I meant winning the points game, not that we do not all want to win our respective fights.

~ AoN ~

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Stoneslammer.3650

Stoneslammer.3650

As for who cares about winning, well we all do to an extent. When in WvW most do try their best to win whatever skirmishes or battles we find ourselves in and Kain deserves no props for being the “Only” server who cares about winning.

Yes, my bad, I should have been more clear in that I meant winning the points game, not that we do not all want to win our respective fights.

Hehe point taken and I am very inclined to agree with you on the points.

Snipburz-Maguuma-TWT

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Counting the 2 locked threads plus this one … too much chest thumping and derogatory jabs … and kain does not have the most # of posts. Pretty sure we know that.

In any event, minus a lot of the thread which I ignored until today purposely and skipped the remainder of the week in WvW in direct result from this 3 server troll fest (obviously was not worth the time), thank you to the few who provided a couple suggestions or positive criticism coupled with a suggestion. Note: not thanking the many criticisms sarcastically written positively. Those were either a result of, or and ignites for … action/reaction and chest thumping/trolling. Not good, and gets the grade Needs improvement.

I’m going to give some props (which I can’t remember if I did or not early on-sorry the thread(s) have my memory a bit foggy), to:

Maguuma (in game): Generally, I found most of your battles, well thought or planned. So somewhere along those lines, I give you a 1 up on scouting. I’d assume you have some good comms on your mumble that comes with a lot of practice and coordination. I believe this is one of the only things I can take into account as a suggestion where some of our attacks failed. As well, I think the suggestion / improvement to the FC may be considered.

Dragonbrand (in game): Hills keep input, hills keep defenses ongoing plus the telling signs of your golem rushes. Whether or not we’d be able to stop it that fast, is something we can work on improving. In any event, it was good to see the patterns of some of our old commanders in play. Adding on the note on the easily read telling signs of ‘our’ golem rush, I think the commanders should know by now because I know one of them actively posts/lurks.

Best of luck to both your servers, with any luck we may or may not be back in a week. If kitten stomped, then we, Kaineng, will have to do a better job. At least in recognition of our failures and how to improve on them. It really doesn’t matter what I write here, it needs to be communicated and understood in game.

But enjoy your coming battle, and thank you for somewhat (all servers) showing a new leaf in these forums…

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

(edited by Hexin.5603)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Kioso.4819

Kioso.4819

I’m happy to give me opinion on all this, if it helps clear things up a bit.
I couldn’t careless whether my server is bested or not. A good clean fight is all I care about. The problem is the fight this week isn’t fair. For the same reason the fight last week against FA wasn’t fair. But I don’t hold animosity toward servers that we get paired up with we are out numbered against in wvw. I hold animosity towards those people that delude themselves into thinking it’s for any other reason other than the obvious.

(edited by Kioso.4819)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: DarkElvenChic.2618

DarkElvenChic.2618

Ty, to all servers, for the fun this week. Yes, there was some to be found in the match-up even if the week itself was a blowout.

Sorry for all of the forum nonsense, on all sides.

GL in your future match-ups DB and Mag.

Commander ~ Aurora Noctai ~ Thief
Officer of Rethesis [RE] ~ Kaineng
NEO Alliance ~ NeverEndingOdds.com

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Monztor.9207

Monztor.9207

In all honestly, I had fun this week, and even got to pop my commander tag and practice commanding I probably made mistakes but I still think the best way to learn is to get get wrecked and question what you could have done better.

Kain has some pretty impressive guilds out there, one I’d like to mention was RUN when I finally ran into a good group of them. I enjoyed fighting those small man teams from RUN MEOW I still question because they portal bombed with 20-25 people to bomb two of us just sitting in open field. I guess good practice .__. WM is WM :P

Dragonbrand, I still love you guys for always being a good match for Maguuma in whatever tier we fight. :P

I learned a lot of things this week like even more siege placement, tactics, and good group synergy that I’d like to experiment with my guild sometime. Good luck to Kain in the higher tier and hopefully they have a population coverage that can match yours. In all honesty, although a bit morale breaking, a lot of the core WvW players got to do more of the alamo’s we were used to vs some of the other huge servers. Dragonbrand, without Kain breathing down our backs at night, we’ll be ready for you :P

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

DER|P has presence at most organized duels and every one of them (until this one) our members are respectful and will always respect random duels out in the open. The reason this one got into a brawl is because of the lining up system.

Tip for future fight clubs: people have limited play time and do not want to be sitting around waiting 1 hour to get a fight in. Whoever thought that was a good way to run a fight club hopefully will realize that we are all adults and this isn’t pre-school. Every single person should have a chance to fight and all the areas in a fight club should have fights going.

So let me understand how this works. Your adults, who look for a fair chance to play and believe in equal opportunity for those to have a chance to fight.

The rules were laid out in writing well prior to the event, and because you did not agree with them, and choose to ignore the /whisper and get in contact with the organizers, it’s better to break the rules? Even downing random people who come to watch there friends or father?

Pro Tip: Why not just whisper or get on the voice comm together and say "hey guys, we have a lot of people here, and waiting 10 minutes between fights even longer is incredibly lame/boring. Can we set up a couple arenas to help speed it up we want to duel, not watch?

It’s a valid suggestion, and probably would have gone over better. We’ll take your advice and suggestion on here, and maybe if your true to your sentiment and retaining the respectful duels, we can have it be more successful next time? If there’s 10 people per group… break out 2 arena’s more … 3 etc. Maybe … communicate even a quick 1 liner with them so both voice comms can arrange it.

Nah, I like the way we did it. The duels were a lot more fun once Rethesis was kicked out.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma