2/11 [Sea of Sorrows] vs [Sanctum of Rall] vs [Isle of Janthir]

in WvW

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Yeah, after steamrolling SoR everytime we are able to field a force of similar (but usually smaller numbers) I must say SoR is not, and will not be a tier one sever. Last evening, I watched IOJ fight both servers with a smaller force and dominate.

All of the chest pounding is laughable as WvW is 100% a numbers game. Bigger server, better time coverage = the I win button.

Does anyone else see a contradiction in this post?

Nah mate. It is perfectly acceptable to turn yourself up, then call everyone out for doing the same. His statement is perfectly cromulent.

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

SoR isn’t tier 1 material until we get start getting some WvW guilds to step up. Right now we’re mainly pugs following commanders and it’s a handicap when trying to be flexible on the field. Basically we’re stuck reacting more than taking the initiative because all the pugs follow one commander.

PRX basically runs the show once they hit the field because #1. they’re freaking huge and #2. they got very good commanders on VOIP. I remember them on HoD and they were my #2 choice of a guild I wanted to join.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

(edited by ComeAndSee.1356)

in WvW

Posted by: InterSlayer.5821

InterSlayer.5821

Can’t speak for every battle since the match reset, but most of the time I see SoR going after IoJ when they really should be focusing on SoS.

Either way, awesome fights this week. Props to [TW] Tempest Wolves for roof camping IoJ garrison. That is hella fun fighting to push you guys out. Do it every night please.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Trying to get our pugs on VOIP is like pulling teeth, we can’t even get half of them on.

I am also trying to figure out how our server is listed as ’Full’. We have no one in Lions Arch or Cursed Shore and have the ’outmanned’ buff in 3 of the 4 BLs. Half of our server must be bots.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Cat Amiss.9463

Cat Amiss.9463

for the couple people dissing SoR like they are high and mighty, sure we have bad players but we also have plenty of amazing ones..

every single server has that…there is plenty of organization to alot of the players, unfortunately there is still definately some to be made and need more of an oceanic presence no doubt…but just because you are special and happened to kill some SoR players back does not mean every single 1 of the server sucks. Do not discriminate against the whole server because you think your better after battle against some.

I love the server and my guild but am definately dissapointed in a lot of lack of show ups…however that could easily be due to hurricane sandys effects on the east coast…every single server has their problems but to come on the forums and act like you are better than that server and try to call out whos bad and whos not makes you no better than the bad players.

anyways, it has been a great fight and very entertaining to have a nice 3v3 matchup finally, dispight all the whiners and haters everywhere its been great fun so much and looking forward to the next few days still!
-Syko

80 Elementalist – Sykotik Death
Leader of FEAR – Sanctum of Rall
www.feargw2.com

in WvW

Posted by: Laundry.5120

Laundry.5120

SoR isn’t tier 1 material until we get start getting some WvW guilds to step up. Right now we’re mainly pugs following commanders and it’s a handicap when trying to be flexible on the field. Basically we’re stuck reacting more than taking the initiative because all the pugs follow one commander.

PRX basically runs the show once they hit the field because #1. they’re freaking huge and #2. they got very good commanders on VOIP. I remember them on HoD and they were my #2 choice of a guild I wanted to join.

People, most new and some old, seem to forget that SoR got attention not because we dominated or had 24/7 coverage, but that our T3/4 matches (Darkhaven/Shiverpeaks) were awesome by all accounts.

My personal opinion is because we, at that time, took WvW for what it is, a fun open field battle against other servers.

Not to knock people who want whatever waits in T1, nor SoS (…though I find them to be trying much harder for no reason), but…it really won’t be the “fair” exciting matchups we’ve had, where pugs and guilds with or without voice chat came together at that time.

My guess is…from just reading :p…that whichever server gets to T1 eventually gets 5-6+ hour queues, infighting, and then transfers onto lower tiers, and as a native on SoR…I’d hate to see that happen to our home.

Lavanderie – 80 Mesmer/Gaiscioch/Sanctum of Rall

Electrique – 80 Engineer/Gaiscioch/Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Kiamar.1820

Kiamar.1820

Vigilance [VIG], Knight Templars [KT] and friends had a lot of fun squaring off against PRX last night in SOR BL. A lot of good tactics, countering and intense fighting from both sides with IOJ occasionally showing up as a wild card. We managed to end the night retaking Garrison and swiping Bay Keep, but couldn’t breach Hills.

Guild Leader of Vigilance [VIG]
Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Kiamar.1820)

in WvW

ComeAndSee.1356

People, most new and some old, seem to forget that SoR got attention not because we dominated or had 24/7 coverage, but that our T3/4 matches (Darkhaven/Shiverpeaks) were awesome by all accounts.

My personal opinion is because we, at that time, took WvW for what it is, a fun open field battle against other servers.

Not to knock people who want whatever waits in T1, nor SoS (…though I find them to be trying much harder for no reason), but…it really won’t be the “fair” exciting matchups we’ve had, where pugs and guilds with or without voice chat came together at that time.

My guess is…from just reading :p…that whichever server gets to T1 eventually gets 5-6+ hour queues, infighting, and then transfers onto lower tiers, and as a native on SoR…I’d hate to see that happen to our home.

The brackets aren’t even properly settled right now until we get the “dead” servers out of tiers they don’t belong in anymore. The week before this one was playing whack a mole against ET and TC who didn’t have enough players on. No disrespect to them, they didn’t give up.

Just to get to T1 you need a hierarchy, organization, and 24/7 coverage. Titan Alliance dominated because we had different guilds assigned to each map in specific coverage windows until we had a 24/7 blanket. Once Condemneds’ leadership jumped ship the whole thing collapsed and all the guilds dispersed to other servers (PRX being one of them).

(edited by ComeAndSee.1356)

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Despite SoS relentlessly increasing their lead, this match has been a heck of a lot of fun.

The millenium site predicts an exact rematch next week: http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

Agreed, it’s been good fighting whenever I’ve been on from all servers even when someone has outmanned they still turn up to harrass us.

Doesn’t it show that on current rates SoS will move into T1 (by a small margin)? Blackgate has lost 33 points and SoS has gained 27 over the course of the first 4 days. Another 3 days at a similar rate and the current score differential of 13 points will be surpassed.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

in WvW

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Also, I Find the fact that we control all of SoS BL while SoS control’s all of our BL rather funny tbh.

haha, I was laughing at that earlier. It’s almost like your servers wanted to switch borderlands

Well what happened is we had 2 decent forces, one in our BL and the other in SoS, we managed to take both maps completly but had nothing in EB, so all of the IoJ people move to EB and some of the SoS people did as well. Then SoS came back to our BL and took everything in like 20 mins with nobody there. >.<

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in WvW

ComeAndSee.1356

It’s very close. I hear Blackgate is being tag teamed this week though.

in WvW

Posted by: Daboss.4682

Daboss.4682

Hmmm, okay.

SoR will be a t1 server if we get the coverage from 12am – 8 am PST. It didn’t help that KIWI transfered off the server for this matchup so what little coverage we had was even fewer and far between.

PRX is a worthy opponent but they don’t sit on the mantle like the quoted poster makes them out to believe. They die, just like everyone else in the Wv3 lake.

Daboss – 80 Guardian – Sanctum of Rall
Magicmang – xx Ele in progress
[Tempest Wolves]

in WvW

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

^

This. PRX is very solid but they were losing in IOJ BL where I saw them last. Relied too much on the turtle formation. Extremely good defensive coordination made it a kitten to take any of their towers/keeps though. And they were pretty kitten quick assaulting our rear objectives when we were moving elsewhere ~_~.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

(edited by EasymodeX.4062)

in WvW

Posted by: Forest.4197

Forest.4197

Honestly no one wants to play the same match up 3 weeks in a row, so there is a conscientious effort to push BG down, and welcome SoS up.

Someone was saying getting to Tier 1 means 5-6 hour queues and losing players? Here’s my take on this:
Queues are already low or non-existent because I think people are bored of this game already and tired of playing 12-15 hour shifts. Secondly, the last two weeks has seen one server slander another server to the point that even the servers own members start to doubt themselves, and I’m very disappointed by the actions of that server who decided to take to forum wars to win.

All in all, everyone is highly anticipating the SBI/JQ/SoS matchup

in WvW

Posted by: Jeheil.2516

Jeheil.2516

Spent a good few hours in IoJ (Australian) evening time last night, with relatively small forces biffing it out and making somewhat of an IoJ comeback….only to log on after sleep kitten me and my weak body/need to work) to see it all gone again….lost, like tears in the rain.

IoJ lost alot more than the bandwagon it had when it hit T1 we seem less of a force than we were 3 weeks ago. We rely on a few commanders, often not backed up by a guild and as such our siege is a pug siege both in defense and offense. As such we opposed by organised foe’s we get a whalloping.

T3 could be a real likliehood for IoJ. Makes me a sad panda.

Jeheil, IoJ, [uA] – Defender of Gazza’s watergate

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

It seems like during a 24hr period IoJ have a small period when they dominate with numbers, then later SoR and finally SoS. Its how long you can hold your territory during the switch in dominance that seems to be the deciding factor.

I had the pleasure of running around with the PRX team last night and I have to admit these guys are kittening good. Even when they were giving up territory it was all intentional. They seem to plan out a massive strat to take out the map and not just a keep or garrison. Whether or not SoS is a T1 server those guys are a T1 guild.

in WvW

Posted by: psirca.9452

psirca.9452

T3 won’t be so bad, at least we won’t have to stay logged in over 8 hrs at a time plus go read the lower tier threads, they don’t use portals as much either.

I’ll be ok with us moving down just to make it more a mission of fun instead of a job.
Good news is since we aren’t winning I can move from map to map without a queue

(edited by psirca.9452)

in WvW

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

I dont see IoJ moving down to tier 3 for a while. Unless someone in T3 has a blow out week, It will most likely end up with Sbi/Jq/SoS in tier 1 with BG/SoR/IoJ in T2. Once SoS moves up I think things will balance out more and as Thobek said, it is going to be a game of who can hold best during the transitions of coverage.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in WvW

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

TC isn’t too far behind IoJ, if they continue their blowout in T3 IoJ is likely to go down. SoR simply doesn’t have the coverage to be T1, which, after playing on JQ I think I’m perfectly ok with sticking in T2/3. Good matches, and queue’s aren’t horrendous. And aside from bragging rights there’s really nothing to offer for being in T1. And even then all you get to brag about is having 5+ hour queues. Hope you all eat dinner at your PC! 10 minutes and your outta here!

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

Cannot wait until this Culling/Rendering issue is addressed, it seems SoS’s total “strategy” revolves around abusing the hell out of this bug. Most people are leaving WvW due to this alone. Enjoy your “win”.

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

in WvW

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

About to give up on SoR. Been here for 5 or so weeks and I ALWAYS have the outmanned buff when I play. Now I hear several major oceanic guilds have left the server. Game over!

Case in point, it was me vs 100 SoS at EB Valley last night. One player vs an entire world.

You call that fun?

Guessing people are bailing on SoR just like they did HoD now.

(edited by fixit.7189)

in WvW

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

It didn’t help that KIWI transfered off the server for this matchup so what little coverage we had was even fewer and far between.

I don’t know much about that guild but I certainly know them from playing against them two weeks back. It’s unfortunate if they have moved from SoR.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: FractalChaos.6539

FractalChaos.6539

They were awesome, but it’s WHY they were awesome that got us all the transfers, apparently. People let the wins go to their heads. SoR wasn’t winning matches because we were “highly skilled” or incredibly organized.

We were winning because we absolutely refused to quit. The players we had were the same ones, week after week, and I- speaking only for myself -used to throw myself at the enemy endlessly to push them away from a friend, or stand under tons of AC fire to rez someone. I didn’t care about repair costs, and I spent myself broke buying siege BPs and staying up for 14 hours to play just because I didn;t want SoR to lose, or let my friends down.

Now?

I don’t know half the people in the borderlands, and based on their chat and attitude, I don’t want to. People fail to realize when a fight is lost and instead pull some macho “NO WE CAN DO THIS” crap, wasting our time and efforts. We make the same mistakes as we did back in tier 4, even though we’ve improved (but not as much as people think).

Bottom line? In sports terminology, SoR should be considered a server of “grinders”; we were tough, we never gave up, but we didn’t win based on skills or being naturally gifted; we won on heart and guts.

I just feel like we’ve forgotten that.

People’s ignorance really pisses me off.
Stupidity is when you can’t help it;
Ignorance is when you choose not to understand.

in WvW

fixit.7189

W/e. Did have a bit of fun this morning; SoS were pwning IoJ at overlook, so I ran over and tried to help them by leading a merry goose chase around the inside. Did that for at least 10 mins. Pretty funny, actually.

Then an IoJ thief tried to kill me as I was harrassing SoS so I just ran into their 100+ player zerg as they capped overlook, died a miserable if not instantaneous death, and logged off for a while. I jus wanted to be frens with IoJ for a bit but obviously they didn’t want me around. Oh wells.

(edited by fixit.7189)

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

Bottom line, SoR will go down a tier eventually or stay in T2. We are definitely not a T1 server based on our coverage.

Then we’ll have our regulars back who actually works together, gets their kitten on TS3, listen to good commanders and be happy.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love

in WvW

Posted by: Dan.3814

Dan.3814

W/e. Did have a bit of fun this morning; SoS were pwning IoJ at overlook, so I ran over and tried to help them by leading a merry goose chase around the inside. Did that for at least 10 mins. Pretty funny, actually.

Then an IoJ thief tried to kill me as I was harrassing SoS so I just ran into their 100+ player zerg as they capped overlook, died a miserable if not instantaneous death, and logged off for a while. I jus wanted to be frens with IoJ for a bit but obviously they didn’t want me around. Oh wells.

It sometimes works though! I manage to team up with 2 other SOR to take out 4 SOS. I booked it at the end though. Not sure how long our new founded truce would have lasted. . .

in WvW

Posted by: buzzkapow.8465

buzzkapow.8465

I was in EBG earlier, killing the SoS dolyaks. They wised up though, and sent a couple guys to guard them. I was sneaking around a hill, waiting for my time to strike when…. A SoR rogue popped up and started killing the dolyak. So, i did what any sane person did, and i helped kill that dolyak. We both turned, ran across past the keep, and killed the other dolyak headed towards SM.

Whoever you are, little thief, I salute you! I should have looked for a guild tag or whatever, but didn’t even think about it. Just thought it was awesome to work with another thief from another server to take the dolyaks out. Doesn’t happen very often.

in WvW

Posted by: psirca.9452

psirca.9452

Oh yeah I tried that too, saw a single enemy. Was killing dolyaks, killed one with them and only used auto attack so I wouldn’t hit them and I didn’t even spawn a pet. Then I grabbed the guard and started fighting a control point, that once normal person attacked me along with another.

In return I ran two of their guys off in another battleground and took the objectives myself. Then instead of attacking SOS objectives I went for SOR objectives. What comes around goes around.

I don’t mind losing 1 vs 1 but unfair fights are enough to make me go for revenge.

At first I thought SOS was the enemy but they more I look around SOR always seems to show up to either reinforce them or mess with IOJ, since I’m not winning no matter who I fight, at least I can pick one side to make it harder on.

Enjoy second place, well earned and I mean that.

in WvW

fixit.7189

Don’t understand why IoJ isnt wrecking us and in second. You have way more oceanics than we do. Like way way WAY more.

in WvW

Posted by: Thelen.6325

Thelen.6325

Seems like a lot of bitterness from all sides. SoR’s getting better every week, but we still don’t have enough organized guilds to keep up with SoS. We have TW and LUN doing a good job, and GSCH can organize a good zerg push (though they don’t stay out long enough to have a meaningful impact if you ask me). It just seems like everywhere we push a PRX or HUG group shows up to block the way, good organization.

SoR will get there soon enough, as the week rolled on lots of the fairweather Wv3 players stopped queuing.

in WvW

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

This has been a fun match up.
Few things I want to comment on, one being the culling/rendering thingymobobber.
It’s probably not going away. Yes SoS abuses the stupid holy hell out of it, however, we can all use it as an advantage as well. So instead of whining about it, work around it and use it to your advantage.
SoR isn’t dying. We lost the Kiwi guild and who else? What is the most amount of them you have seen on a map at one time?
Right now our oceanic brothers are having a hard time against SoS since there simply isn’t as many of them. I play until the early morning and it’s just a rough fight once 3 a.m. eastern time hits.
On “SoR is targeting IoJ when they should be hitting SoS!”
Its a three way match up, at times this happens. Tonight for example, we popped on to EB, SoR owned nothing. We grab one supply camp for siege, took the tower to the south to start working on the keep, i see swords on the camp, when I get there who do I see? IoJ =P So once we pulled our corner back, that was my team camping pangloss for about an hour to make a point, don’t steal my cookies. Goes both ways, IoJ has pushed on SoR at inopportune times when we are trying to push SoS. Lets not pretend like IoJ is a victim here.

Sure the score isn’t even, but the fights are good right now. We simply have to step our game up. I have personally learned a lot from PRX and Tsym this matchup.

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

fixit.7189

Getting better? Unless we get a large influx or euros/oceanics; people will move to servers that do have them like they are doing now. It’s not fun to play more or less alone and outmanned.

For those that disbelieve, this is all the SoR we had when SoS took valley (again) at their prime time. Under ten people….and btw, this is only 1/4 of that force in this screen. LOL!

Attachments:

(edited by fixit.7189)

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

Getting better? Unless we get a large influx or euros/oceanics; people will move to servers that do have them like they are doing now. It’s not fun to play more or less alone and outmanned.

I actually find getting together with some people and ninjaing camps and try sneaking into towers more fun than zerging around everywhere like a mindless drone. But hey, we all play differently.

And to add, I would like to comment on the bigger SoS WvW guilds such as Tsym, PRX or HUG. My guild is a relatively small WvW guild that focuses on achieving something greater than a zerg can with small numbers, utilising superior PvP skills, coordination and siege placements. All the ‘big’ and ‘superior’ guilds in SoS are not really playing under a super secret tactic; they only have bigger numbers in a VOIP. That’s all. If we can get a lot more PUGs into our public TS3, we would have equivalent, if not superior organisation than those ‘awesome’ guilds.

The reason I think this is because most of the time I meet a PRX or Tsym scout sniping dolyaks and such, I have no problem slaying one easily, if not two. And I’ve seen much better PvPers than them in SoR. This has lead me to conclude that all these guys have is more people trying to work together.

[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love

(edited by kuora.5402)

in WvW

fixit.7189

I prefer fighting when I have some sort of chance, rather than none at all. But I get it, you want to insult me for no real reason other than to try to start a flame war. Have fun with that, I won’t bite further.

(edited by fixit.7189)

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

Hello everyone, please remember to keep the discussion productive, civil and friendly.

in WvW

Posted by: Tzash.5748

Tzash.5748

The reason I think this is because most of the time I meet a PRX or Tsym scout sniping dolyaks and such, I have no problem slaying one easily, if not two. And I’ve seen much better PvPers than them in SoR. This has lead me to conclude that all these guys have is more people trying to work together.

Its a curious comment. At face value I would say that you don’t have a big enough sample size to make comments about each guild’s overall skill level.

Additionally, WvWvW is more team oriented. A group of people who work well as a team will usually beat a group of individually skilled players who don’t work as a team. So team skill (including strategy) > individual skill.

in WvW

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

The fact of the matter is that nobody on IoJ or SoS can match my sexy dance moves. Dance off in the EB jumping puzzle. Bring it!

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

in WvW

Posted by: viperior.2461

viperior.2461

For those that disbelieve, this is all the SoR we had when SoS took valley (again) at their prime time. Under ten people….and btw, this is only 1/4 of that force in this screen. LOL!

That’s me in the middle of all of those enemy golems on EB, bahaha. Those golems started humping my body once they took the keep. LOL

Knight Of Flowers – Caedas Guild [CDS] – Sanctum of Rall – Healing Warrior Monk
~The kind of Norn who one-shots his coffee before it even cools down.~
http://caedas.enjin.com ~ http://youtube.com/viperior

in WvW

viperior.2461

An 8 golem army on captures 2 keeps and 1 tower in under 20 minutes on the Sanctum of Rall Borderlands in WvW:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPNOHz8gvW0

in WvW

Posted by: Imperious.3940

Imperious.3940

SoS for the second time today took upgraded garrison with in 15 seconds of 1st hitting water gate, can a Dev look into this for a possible WG exploit. Its starting to be pointless to try to keep it.

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

They were awesome, but it’s WHY they were awesome that got us all the transfers, apparently. People let the wins go to their heads. SoR wasn’t winning matches because we were “highly skilled” or incredibly organized.

We were winning because we absolutely refused to quit. The players we had were the same ones, week after week, and I- speaking only for myself -used to throw myself at the enemy endlessly to push them away from a friend, or stand under tons of AC fire to rez someone. I didn’t care about repair costs, and I spent myself broke buying siege BPs and staying up for 14 hours to play just because I didn;t want SoR to lose, or let my friends down.

Now?

I don’t know half the people in the borderlands, and based on their chat and attitude, I don’t want to. People fail to realize when a fight is lost and instead pull some macho “No we can do this” crap, wasting our time and efforts. We make the same mistakes as we did back in tier 4, even though we’ve improved (but not as much as people think).

Bottom line? In sports terminology, SoR should be considered a server of “grinders”; we were tough, we never gave up, but we didn’t win based on skills or being naturally gifted; we won on heart and guts.

I just feel like we’ve forgotten that.

I couldnt agree more. SOR doesnt have any sort of overall amazingly skilled wvw population. I firmly believe that 90% of us getting to this tier was due strictly because of our numbers and coverage compared to lower tiers.

There are good players and guilds here and there, but the vast majority of us are terrible players.

We do completely stupid crap, and when I point it out I get labeled a pessimist, only to watch everything i predict come true.

We dont know when to fallback to a well defended keep/tower and end up getting wiped out by a zerg that we couldve easily annihilated if we only had a few more people manning siege.

When we assault a tower half of our force gets creamed by carts at the gate, while the other half defending catas gets overrun.

[Edit]

We have people constantly repairing outer wall at bay even though there are 4 trebs aimed at it, wasting supply that should be used for siege. When told to stop, they tell us to stop whining.

Im glad, that this match is turning out this way because all we did was pat ourselves on the back for far too long, when the reality was that we suck overall and just had numbers. [Edit]

[Edit]

We never carry supply, and we always leave our supply camps full stock, never emptied, leaving it for the enemy to power their siege. Meanwhile when we siege, we never have people going back for more supply stalling our assaults.

And thats all i have to say about that.

[Edited by CC: Several insults and provocative parts were removed]

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

viperior.2461

Aurust, you need to ease up on the insults a bit before you get the thread locked. You point out some valid issues with our server’s use of tactics, but you could do so in a more diplomatic and constructive manner.

Identify the problems and offer solutions without calling anyone stupid, moronic, idiotic, etc. All of the problems you highlight can be solved through training, so I would recommend approaching it from that perspective.

(edited by viperior.2461)

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Aurust, you need to ease up on the insults a bit before you get the thread locked. You point out some valid issues with our server’s use of tactics, but you could do so in a more diplomatic and constructive manner.

Identify the problems and offer solutions without calling anyone stupid, moronic, idiotic, etc. All of the problems you highlight can be solved through training, so I would recommend approaching from that perspective.

Just had to get that off my chest…….

As far as our overnight coverage…… i think it is midterms that are really pulling our p;layers away. We usually have a much larger presence, with NA players pulling massive OT duty into the night. Im willing to bet alot these are students as they would pretty much be the only NA players able to pull this off.

I just cant see how last week vs TC we had swarms at almost all hours, but now we scarcely had 12 people in EB.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in WvW

viperior.2461

Just had to get that off my chest…….

As far as our overnight coverage…… i think it is midterms that are really pulling our p;layers away. We usually have a much larger presence, with NA players pulling massive OT duty into the night. Im willing to bet alot these are students as they would pretty much be the only NA players able to pull this off.

I just cant see how last week vs TC we had swarms at almost all hours, but now we scarcely had 12 people in EB.

I’m just tired of having my server’s thread locked due to insults. We want to be able to discuss the matchup, so think twice before posting whatever is on your mind.

I agree that we need to work on our use of supply and strategy on SoR. I always try to stress to people I play with that carrying supply and knowing when and how to use it is probably more important than anything else in WvW.

A group of 10 players packing supply and the knowledge of how to use ballistas and arrow carts can decimate a group of 30 barbarians who want to smash kill without the use of any strategy. There is a reason why advanced weapons changed the face of warfare. Understanding and using the power of siege is what separates zergs from tactical forces.

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

SoS for the second time today took upgraded garrison with in 15 seconds of 1st hitting water gate, can a Dev look into this for a possible WG exploit. Its starting to be pointless to try to keep it.

lol all I can say is its no exploit, I was there and yes we get into your garrison quickly and it was hardly 15 seconds. But we did hit the walls fast and didn’t muck around getting through the 2nd gate. You just failed to respond quickly enough. no exploit.

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

you can portal golems to watergate, that and a bit of timewarp would do the job

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

Most of the fun has been completely sucked out of this match. While I would agree that there has been very little exploiting seen(atleast from my time in WvW this week) What I have seen is the massive abuse of the culling issue. I’ve watched zergs port 10 yards to use culling to their advantage, theives using it to defend camps or towers far longer than they should have. Watching a zerg that vastly outnumbers its enemy use the AoE killer, “the ball” to negate the defense of those with far less numbers than themselves.

While all these things are considered “fine” in the context of a non-exploit, they serve no other purpose than to ruin any chance of fun to be had by either side. Winning is great, but to win at the cost of fun, in a non-ranked aspect of the game by any means, including, lets just say “sketchy” means does far more harm than a blowout.

We’ve seen what Anet does to things that cause an imbalance within the game, that cannot be fixed in a reasonable manner, they remove it completely. With the rampant abuse seen in the last few days I would not be surprised if some of these class abilities(from WvW) and “tricks” are removed outright to prevent this kind of imbalance.

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

in WvW

Posted by: Solomon.7532

Solomon.7532

I see a whole lot of crying in this thread and nothing more. Some of you people really need to wake up and smell the roses. The majority of you probably think you’ve got WvW figured out, but its quite obvious you dont have a clue.

Speaking for IoJ, I find it pretty kitten sad that you cannot funcition or operate without a commander in the zone. As soon as nomnom logged off for class yesterday, we lost DB and Garrison with almost NO BODIES there to defend it. DB was extra pathetic, as people were trying to retake Garrison instead of defending DB at all, those people at DB were just as useless. When you call for the defense of a keep, you have to actually do more than sit on the kitten walls and AOE the enemies. Do most of you not understand whats going on? Your aoes will not do anything to them, especially if they have more. People dont even have the intelligence, or courage, to drop down the side of the keep and start baiting and clearing the enemies that are coming. The majority of you opt to stand there and do nothing instead of actually trying to defend it, its really pathetic.

Over all, from IoJ at least, I think we do alright for the most part. But a lot of people are very afraid to die, or even fight. People dont even WvW unless there is a commander out, and I feel there is no excuse.

Stop trying to make WvW rocket science, attack, defend, kill people.

in WvW

Posted by: Bashido.8694

Bashido.8694

So I keep on reading all this crap about SoS abusing “culling” and the server lag – and would like to know where this is happening? The same issue is happening for every server not just SoS. It seems like you need to make up an excuse for getting stomped or something, because I can assure you that the guilds assigned to holding down EB simply don’t need to use any cheap tactics to win.

Also the SAME thing happens to us with you and other servers. You make it sound like we are intentionally doing it and that’s just bull. The only thing I can think of is our use of portal bombs and a massive group showing up at your feet at a blink of an eye. We use portal strats sometimes and (as does everyone) so if your QQing about that then hey.. whatever helps you sleep at night.

The bottom line is our organization and practice allow us to execute and overwhelm. We have server meetings, set up specific guilds in specific BL’s and try to cover all timezones. We practice new strat’s twice a week as a group standing around in random fields and just practice execution. We put in alot of time and effort and we are still learning every day.

That being said there are lots of other guilds out there from SoR/IOJ that im sure do the same thing. Don’t try and brush off getting crushed to “lag” and “rendering” as we are ALL dealing with that crap.

We have been having a blast this week fighting back and forth and busting kitten to stay ahead. There are lots of skilled teams all around and I hope it continues. We need these challenges in prep for T1 and when we get kicked in the teeth – we get back up – learn from it – and try to make sure it doesn’t happen again. Maybe try that on for once instead of all your QQ about lag or whatever your saying the problem is that day.

To those guilds fighting on EB – its been a blast. You guys have showed us several strats that we will hopefully learn from and become better from. IMO and lots of others agree – EB is the hardest BL to hold down – that’s why we took it on. To all the other guilds fighting against us out here, great job so far – you have been pushing us hard and we appreciate the fun. TSym/Sexy/Foe/(and all the others i cant remember due to lack of coffee) salute the other guilds out here fighting us and making it more then interesting.

As always – this is just my opinion – what do I know.

See yah on the battle field!

in WvW

Posted by: Star.2037

Star.2037

Cannot wait until this Culling/Rendering issue is addressed, it seems SoS’s total “strategy” revolves around abusing the hell out of this bug. Most people are leaving WvW due to this alone. Enjoy your “win”.

Most of the fun has been completely sucked out of this match. While I would agree that there has been very little exploiting seen(atleast from my time in WvW this week) What I have seen is the massive abuse of the culling issue. I’ve watched zergs port 10 yards to use culling to their advantage, theives using it to defend camps or towers far longer than they should have. Watching a zerg that vastly outnumbers its enemy use the AoE killer, “the ball” to negate the defense of those with far less numbers than themselves.

While all these things are considered “fine” in the context of a non-exploit, they serve no other purpose than to ruin any chance of fun to be had by either side. Winning is great, but to win at the cost of fun, in a non-ranked aspect of the game by any means, including, lets just say “sketchy” means does far more harm than a blowout.

We’ve seen what Anet does to things that cause an imbalance within the game, that cannot be fixed in a reasonable manner, they remove it completely. With the rampant abuse seen in the last few days I would not be surprised if some of these class abilities(from WvW) and “tricks” are removed outright to prevent this kind of imbalance.

ok. i just have to ask. you honestly think SoS’s total strategy revolves around porting? i can see why you view this as a problem. seems that perception does make a difference.

my guild loves it when people try to portal in. its the one sure fire way of knowing where the enemy is about to “pop”.

we all have culling issues and yes they are horrible, but we take full advantage of the portalees…

Stàr ^..^
Fist of the Empire