Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

And the leaked patch notes were true.

Alas they were! I’m 37% surprised.

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

yep, so much for all the conspriracy theorists. You guys are wrong again.

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

Hardly anyone thought “conspiracy.” People were thinking “fake” or “troll.”

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Oh wow they are exact

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

I thought it was a conspiracy…to destroy the Ranger class.

And I was right!

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Fuzzion.2504

I thought it was a conspiracy…to destroy the Ranger class.

And I was right!

Well i am hearing complaints from Mesmers as well about how phan. spec is destroyed.

As for eles, the nerfs arent so bad. Just very minor. but too early to say

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Battering Ram.
Battering Ram.

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Lina.9640

Lina.9640

Well i am hearing complaints from Mesmers as well about how phan. spec is destroyed.

Mesmers had ~15 skills nerfed for about 80% of their builds. Including some really, really dumb ones (like nerfing scepter, of all things).

With the gutting of confusion, most mesmers feel there are now two viable builds
20/20/0/0/30 or
0/20/20/0/30
Pick one.

As for ele’s, they’re used to nerfs, stealth nerfs, and anet generally just breaking everything.

And, of course, guardians receive nothing but buffs. Because why the hell not.

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Fuzzion.2504

Mesmers had ~15 skills nerfed for about 80% of their builds. Including some really, really dumb ones (like nerfing scepter, of all things).

With the gutting of confusion, most mesmers feel there are now two viable builds
20/20/0/0/30 or
0/20/20/0/30
Pick one.

As for ele’s, they’re used to nerfs, stealth nerfs, and anet generally just breaking everything.

LOL that was hilarious. Especially the guardian comment. Me thinks Anet developers primarily play thief and guardian

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Engineers finally got a buff!!! You guys know who we are right? Ya? Rocket boots!!!

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

LOL that was hilarious. Especially the guardian comment. Me thinks Anet developers primarily play thief and guardian

Well they sure as kitten aren’t using shortbow as a thief anymore.

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Elementalists often had more effective stun breakers on tap than just about any other class. The SB was icing on an already powerful cake for thieves which were never meant to be a ranged class and they did get some nice buffs like steal time reduced. Rangers did take one for the team so to speak since they already had limited effective build options. Mesmers got pinched but are still left with a couple highly effective builds and utility out the waazoo.

I applaud the attempt to elevate most unused skills, but have to decry some of the debufs and ultimately failing to elevate a lot of those skills to a usable level. My suggestion in the future is stop with most nerfs until the under performing skills/traits are buffed. Players want more effective options not more less effective options.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

20/20/0/0/30 or
0/20/20/0/30
Pick one.

I love guardian buffs because my main is a guardian. :-P

That said, I have a ranger, ele, and mesmer otherwise. I’m getting sick of the endless nerfs. I really have to wonder how much they actually play the game -AT ALL-.

Also: Buffing thieves? Like……really? What in the world made them think Thieves needed a buff? I mean….like…what…I don’t even. People have been calling for Thief NERFS for months. And how does ANet respond? With buffs.

/facepalm

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

Elementalists often had more effective stun breakers on tap than just about any other class.

They still have just as many…. The number of stunbreaks wasn’t changed, just the skills they were on.

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Also: Buffing thieves? Like……really? What in the world made them think Thieves needed a buff? I mean….like…what…I don’t even. People have been calling for Thief NERFS for months. And how does ANet respond? With buffs.

So because people call for nerfs for months, that should determine ANet’s course of action?

In that case I will post every day asking to nerf Protection and Retaliation on Guardians.

Additionally, Thief has been nerfed in some fashion with almost every patch since launch. Just take a look at Shortbow…

[AoN] All or Nothing

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Sirena.1573

Sirena.1573

So because people call for nerfs for months, that should determine ANet’s course of action?

In that case I will post every day asking to nerf Protection and Retaliation on Guardians.

Additionally, Thief has been nerfed in some fashion with almost every patch since launch. Just take a look at Shortbow…

Play a ranger and feel the Anet love. Thieves got nothing on us.

Siren Star <RegA> Ranger

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

They buffed a class that the vast majority of people simply can’t beat in a 1v1 scenario. That’s nonsensical.

It’d be one thing if skill-level were involved in most thieves winning 1v1s, but typically it’s got nothing to do with skill, and everything to do with the fact that the way the class is built is utterly borked in its favor. A noob can get in there hammering one or two keys, and if things go badly, they can hammer a third key and completely escape to heal back up….then come back and do it again.

I can respect that certain classes, when operated by sufficiently skilled players, are nearly unbeatable, but this thief thing has nothing to do with “sufficiently skilled players.” This has everything to do with “Thieves are an unbalanced mess.”

And frankly…who cares about shortbow on thief, considering 95% of thieves I’ve encountered never touch the thing except for blast finishers.

(edited by Hickeroar.9734)

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

They didn’t buff thieves…
sword builds are much weaker with that huge hit to shadow return.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

They buffed a class that the vast majority of people simply can’t beat in a 1v1 scenario. That’s nonsensical.
….

The vast majority of players are terrible: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution

Also, you just described Mesmers, D/D Eles, the old BM Rangers, etc. Strong 1v1 builds/classes. Surprise, these beat 1) bad players and 2) players not running 1v1 builds.

QQ like this is what resulted in the Confusion nerf, the Retaliation nerf, the creation of anti-Stealth traps, etc. Maybe one day people will stop whining that their terrible build or keyboard-turning/skill-mouse-clicking isn’t enough to beat good 1v1 players running 1v1 builds.

[AoN] All or Nothing

25th June Patch Notes

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

They didn’t buff thieves…
sword builds are much weaker with that huge hit to shadow return.

They did buff and debuff. The changes to steal are a fairly substantial upgrade to the skill. There are also a few other worthwhile changes. Admittedly the SB change was a big hit but it wasn’t all bad news.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”