28/12 DR/NSP/AR Part Deux

in WvW

Posted by: Bearded.6485

Bearded.6485

@ Rob

Please stop poopooing about how DR doesnt attack AR. We have to defend a DR breakout about every 30 minutes on average a day. Some times its a couple of hours betwen breakout, some times its as soon as he respawns. I personally spent 5 hours on a treb inside our SW tower on opening night because DR kept popping the breakout event as soon as it was avaible. Also DR doesnt do a break out event with the 10 min. it usually a 30 or 40 man zerg.

I know of atleast 3 different commanders that have reset DR’s Hills, Bay , or Garrison atleast once this week. A couple have reset them mutiple times. We arent specifically targeting you and not DR. The simple fact is DR defends there stuff, if we do manage to take it they take it back before we get a chance to get dug in and defend them. most often the only thing we try to do is reset them so they dont have a waypoint anyway.

Today we have been hammered by both NSP and DR on our borderland. At one point this morning we had a total of 15 people on our map attempting to defend both of the other servers. that lasted the majority of the day. You know what, our map is still mostly red, and except for losing bay a couple of times, it’s been mostly red.

I cant count the number of times, this week, that Ive seen a 30 to 40 man NSP zerg attack our borderlands and do a break out event while most of your map is owned and controlled by DR. DR does a better job defending your borderlands than you do. TBH AR figured out that you guys didnt defendi your borderlands the first week we played you, DR has figured that out as well. Easy points.

You want to know the only reason our map stays red?

Its the same reason that your part of EB stays red, and our part is always green.

WE DEFEND IT!!

in WvW

Posted by: Sajec.5302

Sajec.5302

It actually happens more then you think, they are not super heroes but when you have a group of talented players playing together using vent/TS/Mumble/whatever you would be amazed at what they can pull off.

I give props to all the guys/gals regardless of server who do this, its more helpful to the server then people give them credit for.

Oh, I know extraordinary things can happen. I used to be a DAoC RvR junky and I’ve seen zergs break apart after running into a buzz saw known as a Hungry Hungry Hippos 8 man (and no I wasn’t a Hippo).

What I’m saying is that I’ve yet to see that kind of carnage from any DR guild in this WvW match (except claims of it here on the forum, of course).

Here you go…
1 – AR 20+ zerg wiped by 5-6 DR
2 – NSP 25+ zerg pushed back to tower 3 times by 10-15 DR
3 – NSP zerg wiped by 5-6 DR (think this was a karma train btw)

I tried to get screenshots of AR/NSP doing the same to DR but most times i was spiked before I could get the shot. (i like the map timestamp on pics like that) All 3 servers have some awesome small groups that have the ability to go ape on larger zergs and come out on top. I’ve been on the receiving end of that too btw =) Props to all 3 for their skilled gamers in small or large groups!

Attachments:

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Sajec.5302

@ those commenting on who should be attacking who.

- #1 should be attacking #2 to widen the point gap for higher rating on points tally. But if #1 controls their BL and the majority/all of EB..it doesnt matter. Controlling those 2 = guaranteed win every week. #1 MUST be capable of fighting off AND maintaining points vs both the other servers.

- #2 should attack #1 ONLY if they can fight off 2 servers to maintain #1 if they take it. If not, you concentrate firepower on #3 to widen the point gap to secure #2 and wait for #1 to move up in tier.

- #3 should attack #2 to overtake and move into the #2 position. At #3 its obvious you cant hold out a fight vs 2 servers so #3 should concentrate on trying to attain and hold 2nd, ie: do not attack #1 at all. Typically #1 realizes you’re not attacking and mostly leaves you alone except for the karma trains.

- #2 and #3 teaming up on #1 leads to guess what…one of them either has to concede the #1 spot or one of them will end up fighting 2 servers which in most cases the server they teamed up on eventually retakes #1. Again, if you cant hold and dominate in points vs 2 servers, its a waste to even try. Know your limitations and dominate within that bubble, ie: hold #2 securely and bid your time.

Thats the long game fellas..thats how you progress up the tiers. Know your server, know who you’re fighting and your chances of successfully beating them. Losing doesnt mean their better and you suck…just means your trying to win a race against a Ferrari while you’re driving a Hundai…aint gonna happen. Once you know the area you can dominate, you dominate it!

DR has a combination of population, skilled commanders, and skilled gamers to successfully hold #1 vs 2 servers. AR and NSP have population, the first match when DR moved up proved that. So it’s either your Commanders, folks not listening to them, or lack of server teamwork/communication that hindered you both. (i’d bet on folks not listening to commanders imho). AR already stated its guilds are mainly PvE..that hurts the server in Wv3 because the typical PvEr bails when they’re not winning and goes back to PvE. Not sure about NSP. Both AR and NSP have some awesome night crews, i honestly believe your night crews could do a lot more than they currently do btw. Fighting against both, i believe NSP could make a serious threat on AR BL if they wanted on late night.

With DR normally in control of their BL and EB, we sorta go where the fights are at. I think NSP backs off and lets us have points in their BL when they start losing key points, whereas AR puts up a heavy defense everywhere on their BL. Typically the zerg trains i think go to NSP BL and the Wv3rs looking for the tuffer late night fights go to AR to play. When we’re on AR BL I dont think taking points is what we’re after, its more the fun fights. Taking anything is just a perk. Some AWESOME fights at the Bay on AR BL btw…lol. (note: comments made are mostly from what Im told by members of all 3 servers on primetime and what i witness on latenight)

NO bashing intended, just constructive criticism. All 3 servers have fought great fights so far. But every week there always will be a #1, #2, #3. In the end its the fun that matters though and giving props/respect to those you feel earned it. AR/NSP, nuttin but luv for you both!

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Sajec.5302)

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

NSP was complaining we were not attacking DR, so we just now hit DR, and NSP is blocking for DR, it’s funny. They do this all the time, and it is why we attackt hem.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Darwinism.8619

Darwinism.8619

Maybe some of the people who are more familiar with the system can comment on this one. Does DR benefit more by having a bigger point spread versus NSP than against AR since NSP was the green server at one time. I think your rating also depends on past performance of the servers you are facing.

If so, it would make sense for DR to go after NSP more than AR. Correct me if I’m wrong (which I may very well be).

Its really quite simple Oozo… GuildWar2 uses the Glicko-2 Rating system to determine Match-ups and Server Rankings… see link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glicko_rating_system

i hope that clears everything up for you… (sigh) (gets out my Abacus)

Attachments:

Darwin Ism(HumanThief) Thin The Herd(HumanMezmer) Abuzz Kill(AsuranD/D Ele)
[PRO] World Defender

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Anyone for round robin?

Pretty impressive show of force by NSP tonight.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: Zero.5034

Zero.5034

That treb hitting Quintin has been the same treb all week. I think we’ve come to the conclusion that its a bot.
The only thing that makes me think otherwise is that the treb shots aren’t always exactly the same. But who knows. Would have to be only mildly incorrect to make that randomness occur.

Lol no it’s not a bot =p It was most likely me. I usually spend 4-5 hours a day just trebbing durios, anz, QL, and ogre =) trebbing is a very beer friendly job since you only need to use 1 hand haha

Warden Streicher [AoS]

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Can I just add my bit about this talk of us double teaming NSP, at my time of the day this is simply not possible.

We at anvil rock seem to have a great love for ARBL. I know Most of us don’t look into attacks until we own our own BL and own section of EB. I for one don’t feel we have a strong enough presence to attack NsP when I am playing because our lands are under threat from DR too often.

There have been a number of times in EB where DR have been attacking overlook all over with orange swords on the map, and NSP sneak round the back taking pangloss and hitting Veloka… But I guess that’s just how it goes.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

jkctmc.8754

Who was the PRO Ranger I fought in DRBL roughly 12 midnight, central time? Pretty much just now.

I killed someone from GASM in the water, and him and I fight to the last few HP, I down him, and am heading away from him, and run into an Elementalist, only to down him, and chase his fog form towards the tower, and get jumped by a PRO Thief, who I beat, and chase into the Tower.

That was a lot of fun, and want to give a shout out to a fellow Ranger.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in WvW

jkctmc.8754

AR server…can you please find out who is using hacks/exploits to take the keeps on DR BL and report them please. They took a fully upgraded Hills with all walls/gates up. And no, lets not even attempt to claim some mez had been left in there for the last 7-8 hours cuz we all know thats a load. There was a DR member standing on the outer walls, the Hills WP was never contested and then it converts to AR.

We all know a lot of folks on your server knows whose using the exploits/hacks. AR has some fine gamers on it, its a shame the entire server’s rep is being drawn down because of the lameness of a few who have to resort to cheating because they lack skill to actually win the right way.

Yes we know you zerged the Bay with bunch of golems vs 5-6 players to “draw attention” but we also know you didnt ninja the Hills.

You can do something about it yourself, or I’ll move a character onto your server to find out whose doing it, report them via FRAPS to Anet. That will most likely result in a lot of players ‘caught up in the moment of curiosity’ getting hosed.

You know whose doing it, now do something about it.

Who did the exploit in ARBL, from DR? I don’t condone what was done, and feel it was wrong, but those who hit Hills did so right after DR exploited our BL.

Please report your people as well.

First im hearing of it and none of the honorable gamers on DR ive asked knows anything about this. You’ve confirmed the exploit by AR but is your post stating you exploited because someone on DR did it first? Am I to understand from your post that either you or someone you know was involved in the DR exploit?

<sigh> Reading issues.

I did not do anything. My GOD man. I think I’m done with you.
Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

It’s like a witch hunt. Unless you see something happening and want to let us know so we can stop it, stop dragging our name through the dirt. Go ask your wall men for screen shots of people coming out after the flip.

If you cant provide anything leave our server rep alone and report it to Anet.

Hackers get banned. I think Anets number of banned accounts speaks for itself. And in fairness I welcome it. If all these hackers we apparently have get removed (hundreds by the way other servers make out) it will free up room for some good guilds to get in.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Morningstar.6208

Morningstar.6208

@ Rob

Please stop poopooing about how DR doesnt attack AR. We have to defend a DR breakout about every 30 minutes on average a day. Some times its a couple of hours betwen breakout, some times its as soon as he respawns. I personally spent 5 hours on a treb inside our SW tower on opening night because DR kept popping the breakout event as soon as it was avaible. Also DR doesnt do a break out event with the 10 min. it usually a 30 or 40 man zerg.

I know of atleast 3 different commanders that have reset DR’s Hills, Bay , or Garrison atleast once this week. A couple have reset them mutiple times. We arent specifically targeting you and not DR. The simple fact is DR defends there stuff, if we do manage to take it they take it back before we get a chance to get dug in and defend them. most often the only thing we try to do is reset them so they dont have a waypoint anyway.

Today we have been hammered by both NSP and DR on our borderland. At one point this morning we had a total of 15 people on our map attempting to defend both of the other servers. that lasted the majority of the day. You know what, our map is still mostly red, and except for losing bay a couple of times, it’s been mostly red.

I cant count the number of times, this week, that Ive seen a 30 to 40 man NSP zerg attack our borderlands and do a break out event while most of your map is owned and controlled by DR. DR does a better job defending your borderlands than you do. TBH AR figured out that you guys didnt defendi your borderlands the first week we played you, DR has figured that out as well. Easy points.

You want to know the only reason our map stays red?

Its the same reason that your part of EB stays red, and our part is always green.

WE DEFEND IT!!

We call NSP BL, Devona’s BL number 2

Commander Sir Morningstar of Devona’s Rest, Army of Devona [AoD] Guild Leader
http://www.ArmyofDevona.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mK7xYguWCk

in WvW

Morningstar.6208

Can I just add my bit about this talk of us double teaming NSP, at my time of the day this is simply not possible.

We at anvil rock seem to have a great love for ARBL. I know Most of us don’t look into attacks until we own our own BL and own section of EB. I for one don’t feel we have a strong enough presence to attack NsP when I am playing because our lands are under threat from DR too often.

There have been a number of times in EB where DR have been attacking overlook all over with orange swords on the map, and NSP sneak round the back taking pangloss and hitting Veloka… But I guess that’s just how it goes.

I am sorry about that but you OL trebs making me agro to you. So we go and take OL first.

in WvW

Posted by: hyyangoz.6195

hyyangoz.6195

LOL, come on Rob.7264. First thing said on the other forum was “Watch out! Os bring it!” Talk about ego boost post. And saying that X realm is playing for second is just something people tell themselves when what they are doing isnt working. AR is maintaining a stranglehold on their own BL, and pushing out against weak targets in other BLs/EB when they can.
Speaking of Os, how about that BAZ of urs and Meow’s that roams around? That an exp train or what?

what exactly you want us to do sit and wait? defend? we spend 1 hour defending and lose 5 other places. we jump across maps to keep up the points. but there is always a ninja somewhere lurking. numbers always helps.

Also to the guys who trebs from SM you must be one bored kid how can you sit there and treb for hours. don’t you get bored. in some occasions bring the wall down and still treb when there is nothing left.

That treb hitting Quintin has been the same treb all week. I think we’ve come to the conclusion that its a bot.
The only thing that makes me think otherwise is that the treb shots aren’t always exactly the same. But who knows. Would have to be only mildly incorrect to make that randomness occur.

Not a bot. I was on last night when the guy who had been manning that treb for over four hours straight had to leave.

WoW 4 hours trebing. why leave?

Gandalf Teh White [Meow]- Fort Aspenwood

http://meowguild.com/media.html

in WvW

Posted by: telsus.9756

telsus.9756

I just want to thank the amazing AR thief from Twin, the NSP crew from TBCT, OBEY, and others for the wonderful time dueling in the EB puzzle. It was a ton of fun, even though those kitten bags ignored the little truce we had going on.

I am the little up leveled sylvari ranger that kept getting owned

Trixa, Briar, Moxi and others…
GASM
Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: MrHaze.3690

MrHaze.3690

AR server…can you please find out who is using hacks/exploits to take the keeps on DR BL and report them please. They took a fully upgraded Hills with all walls/gates up. And no, lets not even attempt to claim some mez had been left in there for the last 7-8 hours cuz we all know thats a load. There was a DR member standing on the outer walls, the Hills WP was never contested and then it converts to AR.

We all know a lot of folks on your server knows whose using the exploits/hacks. AR has some fine gamers on it, its a shame the entire server’s rep is being drawn down because of the lameness of a few who have to resort to cheating because they lack skill to actually win the right way.

Yes we know you zerged the Bay with bunch of golems vs 5-6 players to “draw attention” but we also know you didnt ninja the Hills.

You can do something about it yourself, or I’ll move a character onto your server to find out whose doing it, report them via FRAPS to Anet. That will most likely result in a lot of players ‘caught up in the moment of curiosity’ getting hosed.

I was part of the group attacking Bay, simultaniously with 5 Golems, just FYI our group didn’t even know about Hills until after Bay was capped, we just wanted Bay because our Norn commander who everyone seems to be fond of running from gets upset when his Bay is reset.

Our understanding is that another group used us as a distraction (without our knowledge) and rushed Hills with 5 Golems. Are you sure no one slipped up?

Godhead Priest Endexa
Necromancer
Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]

(edited by MrHaze.3690)

in WvW

Posted by: Anvil Pants.3426

Anvil Pants.3426

After flipping Bay and Hills earlier tonight, relieving Devona’s Rest of those pesky waypoints that they didn’t really need, ’twas then decreed by one of my commanders that we should, and would, break a tower wall using only ballistae.

Attachments:

Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]
Grand Progressive Arch Battle Pope of Anvil Rock Defenders Alliance [TARD]

in WvW

Posted by: MrHaze.3690

MrHaze.3690

After flipping Bay and Hills earlier tonight, relieving Devona’s Rest of those pesky waypoints that they didn’t really need, ’twas then decreed by one of my commanders that we should, and would, break a tower wall using only ballistae.

It worked too.

Godhead Priest Endexa
Necromancer
Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]

in WvW

Posted by: telsus.9756

telsus.9756

Seriously what is wrong with the Anvil guild ROA and LOOT? they keep ignoring guilds on their own side to muck with some awesome dueling. Even other Anvil Rock guilds say you are trash.

Props to the members of TWIN and TBCT. Its amazing dueling you.

Trixa, Briar, Moxi and others…
GASM
Devona’s Rest

(edited by telsus.9756)

in WvW

Posted by: Reido Kyuuten.4709

Reido Kyuuten.4709

To the ~15 [PRO] who died up on the cliff and in the camp at Faithleap not long ago:

Thanks for the loot and laughs. It was especially funny to see the eles mist form suicide off the cliff.

And then to those who just got stomped up at Titanpaw by my OP plush griffon form:

You’re welcome.

~The Wolfpack & Associates

(edited by Reido Kyuuten.4709)

in WvW

Sajec.5302

I was part of the group attacking Bay, simultaniously with 5 Golems, just FYI our group didn’t even know about Hills until after Bay was capped, we just wanted Bay because our Norn commander who everyone seems to be fond of running from gets upset when his Bay is reset.

Our understanding is that another group used us as a distraction (without our knowledge) and rushed Hills with 5 Golems. Are you sure no one slipped up?

Props on the golems at Bay…Hills though..for shame. Even more so that its obvious some folks in this thread knows whose doing it, but either they are part of it or they condone it.

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Sajec.5302

To the ~15 [PRO] who died up on the cliff and in the camp at Faithleap not long ago:

Thanks for the loot and laughs. It was especially funny to see the eles mist form suicide off the cliff.

And then to those who just got stomped up at Titanpaw by my OP plush griffon form:

You’re welcome.

Um….hasnt been more than 7 PRO online for near 2 hours. No counting pets!! They dont pay membership dues and i cant kick em! lol

Wasnt there so not sure the fight youre talkin bout. Gratz tho =)

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Reido Kyuuten.4709

Reido Kyuuten.4709

You’re welcome.

Um….hasnt been more than 7 PRO online for near 2 hours. No counting pets!! They dont pay membership dues and i cant kick em! lol

There was maybe 1 pet but there were 9-10 [PRO] for sure at first and maybe more came back after respawning, though I don’t think the fight was that long. I just think it was other reinforcements. Also it happened probably 30-60min before I actually posted if that makes better sense to you.

in WvW

Sajec.5302

You’re welcome.

There was maybe 1 pet but there were 9-10 [PRO] for sure at first and maybe more came back after respawning, though I don’t think the fight was that long. I just think it was other reinforcements. Also it happened probably 30-60min before I actually posted if that makes better sense to you.

Ahhh….k…darn missed a good fight..lol well gratz anyways!

Btw..u do know the “killing PRO rule” dont u? If a precurser drops you’re required to mail it to me. Its in the TOS posted by Anet, the rule at the very bottom of the page. What you think is a period is the rule in fine print. ty

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

Thanks for the PvP yesterday night in NSP borderland. Personally it’s been a while since I really had fun fighting in there. It was pretty interesting witnessing DR and AR clashing together at the base of redbriard.

Heiann – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: dagne.8542

dagne.8542

here is how you lost SM

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

Score update is attached.

Attachments:

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Karg.2381

Karg.2381

This thread is like a soap opera. Its just about had everything in it.

Good luck to NSP in the future,
Anvil has been a disappointment

NSP can still stay in this tier – if they push alittle harder. GOM is only 1 point ahead.

SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

On behalf of the 7 members of PAXA, would like to give credit to true worthy opponents from past couple days. "AD, Btsy (even though two of us are huge steeler fans and hate Baltimore), and a couple of NAME guys. Cheers for the 5 man run-ins. Glad to see skillfull pvpers still exist. Cheers!

PAXA -GM

in WvW

Posted by: threechords.3796

threechords.3796

This is classic… giving props to one another for running open field 5 man gank squads and ridiculing us for trebbing you. Not a reflection on either NSP or AR, just on the mindset of many of the people posting here. In fact, I’ve learned alot from this matchup over the last two weeks, especially when it comes to facing pockets of good organization. Sadly, my vacation starts today and I wont be back till the matchup is over. Good luck to AR and NSP, and give Kaineing hell if you happen to see ’em!

Mampie Moll AoD
Devonas Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

AM Raidin like a BOSS, lol

in WvW

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

On behalf of the 7 members of PAXA, would like to give credit to true worthy opponents from past couple days. "AD, Btsy (even though two of us are huge steeler fans and hate Baltimore), and a couple of NAME guys. Cheers for the 5 man run-ins. Glad to see skillfull pvpers still exist. Cheers!

The BSty crew is Korean, so I don’t know if they support the Ravens or Ray Lewis in any way, shape or form

Aye we’ve had some good fights (I’m the Sylvari Hammer/GS guard with Juggernaut and Sunrise)

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Absolutely.

I was in two of our fights last night that we won and I think you won some after I retired for the night.

I mentioned before that, IMO, when two groups like ours collide there are factors that come into play even before you get into the gameplay aspect of the fight. The most important thing is numbers, obviously. Then you have the composition of the groups. Some profession compositions can be pretty hard counters to other compositions. And, then there is who gets the drop on who.

That first contact moment is huge, because if there is one thing a small group knows how to do it’s to take an advantage and run with it.

On the profession matchup, we were running with a couple of necros (which is rare for us, but hopefully becomes more common) that had a huge impact. There was a [Meow] guardian next to you that popped “Save Yourself!” really early in the fight. One of our necros almost immediately corrupted it and then spread it. It had an absolutely huge impact on that fight.

The other fight was a total ambush. I happened to notice you chasing us at clip range. All small groups will be panning for a 360 view when on the move. We pretended that we didn’t notice you and went down the ramp to LOS you and hid in a nook until you got close. I’m sure you’ve done the same thing to others. The TTK in this game can be absolutely insane when you catch people off-guard and it has pretty much nothing to do with skill.

Would you mind if I used some of this footage? I was serious before when I don’t typically like posting group versus group footage since some people will look at it and draw all the wrong conclusions not realizing that if the situations were reversed on first contact it would be us on the ground getting stomped instead of you.

I also kind of want to make this guy eat his words.

The videos that you post will always be, Premade vs PUG.
-K

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Morningstar.6208

You got SM? Time for me to get back into game.

in WvW

Posted by: OracionS.9810

OracionS.9810

heheh its all thanks to Superior and loads of Devona’s people
and welcome back Star!

Tendou Shinji ,Thief
[SYN] Synapse – Sanctum of Rall
Pseudo Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Zero.5034

Zero.5034

Just want to say grats to NSP taking SM =) were coming to take it back though so be ready

Warden Streicher [AoS]

in WvW

Rob.7624

You took it back?
Time for me to counter your counter take back.

Bird Song’ed

Attachments:

Commander Bird Song
Os Guild

in WvW

Posted by: osif.8673

osif.8673

Absolutely.

I was in two of our fights last night that we won and I think you won some after I retired for the night.

I mentioned before that, IMO, when two groups like ours collide there are factors that come into play even before you get into the gameplay aspect of the fight. The most important thing is numbers, obviously. Then you have the composition of the groups. Some profession compositions can be pretty hard counters to other compositions. And, then there is who gets the drop on who.

That first contact moment is huge, because if there is one thing a small group knows how to do it’s to take an advantage and run with it.

On the profession matchup, we were running with a couple of necros (which is rare for us, but hopefully becomes more common) that had a huge impact. There was a [Meow] guardian next to you that popped “Save Yourself!” really early in the fight. One of our necros almost immediately corrupted it and then spread it. It had an absolutely huge impact on that fight.

The other fight was a total ambush. I happened to notice you chasing us at clip range. All small groups will be panning for a 360 view when on the move. We pretended that we didn’t notice you and went down the ramp to LOS you and hid in a nook until you got close. I’m sure you’ve done the same thing to others. The TTK in this game can be absolutely insane when you catch people off-guard and it has pretty much nothing to do with skill.

Would you mind if I used some of this footage? I was serious before when I don’t typically like posting group versus group footage since some people will look at it and draw all the wrong conclusions not realizing that if the situations were reversed on first contact it would be us on the ground getting stomped instead of you.

I also kind of want to make this guy eat his words.

The videos that you post will always be, Premade vs PUG.
-K

PAXA loves competition and posting videos is a great way to bring more to a game. I’d love to see your clips

Miller Time – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Not Just A Goodtime – 80 Asura Warrior
[PAXA]

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Props to NSP in EB last night (about midnight server time). It seemed like they had a pretty organized plan to hit DR all over the map. We had poor defensive coverage in terms of manpower at several towers, and even though we could zerg some of them back NSP had small teams keeping supply camps locked up so that we really couldn’t reinforce. It was honestly the most coordinated effort I’ve seen from them all week.

Another observation: I was running all over the map trying to run supplies, defend attacks on camps, build defenses on towers, etc … and in over two hours of doing that I saw exactly one player from AR. It almost looked like NSP had some agreement with AR for them to each focus on different maps. If so, props again.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

jkctmc.8754

I had some awesome 1v1s, and some 2v1s last night/early morning.

I want to give a shout out to the two other Rangers I fought. Both Rangers, and I fought down to within one hit of killing each other, but thanks to my 40% Endurance Regen Food, I was able to dodge around, while my pet finished them off. Those were fun fights, and I might, just might buy a water weapon now. I never realized how hard the Shark hits though, and will have to take a day looking for daShark. <grins>

If the two of you want to talk shop, hit me up in PMs. One was a PRO Ranger, and I’m sorry to the other Ranger, but was the first time seeing your guild, and my old ars didn’t write the name down, so I forgot it during my sleep.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in WvW

jkctmc.8754

No mention of the SoS Karma train, with many low levels below level 10 last night? <grins>

We ran over quite a few people, and got wiped once, even beating an equal size group “IN NUMBERS”.

The funniest thing though was watching level 10s getting downed by a Guild Claimant that had the immunity buff. Every level 10 he got to, who didn’t dodge, got downed immediately.

Ballistas also hit sub-50s for nearly 9k. O.O

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in WvW

Rob.7624

Yet again AR hackers at work. Earlier 5-6 PRO ninja’d the hills in AR BL. Just now AR zerged it with 20+. The got through the south gate, but we shut them down at the inner gate. Inner gate at 20% then all of a sudden, 10 AR folks inside the gate. I had some respect for AR up until now. Prominent guilds were involved in that hacking crap. Os, TEO, TCMM, WAR, Reve, and a few others. Its sad when paper walls, paper keep, you outman us by 4-1 odds and you STILL have to cheat to take something.

Well gluck to yas AR, you are by far the most hacking ive seen in GW2. I’ll be informing many friends on other servers that character of your server, ie: there is none. Saddest part of it all, is with all that hacking, you still lost the week and you’re still in the bottom tier groups.

For those very few who arent involved in all the AR hacking, you should consider transfering as AR has a bad rep now and it will only get worse as the hacking seems to have increased since its obvious the prominent guilds condone such actions.

Gluck AR…we came, we saw what you had…found it lacking. We won, we move up.

NSP…although im sad to see you guys moving down a tier, I am glad to see you guys are moving away from the AR failboats. You have my respect for your players and your server as I saw honorable fighting from you for 2 weeks DR was fighting you. Hats off to you NSP!

AR — joke of a server

Ya know what’s a joke, DR.

1st. – You guys post pics, and videos of yourselves like your some great players. Just have fun, keep it humble, but you don’t, you stroke your ego’s on like your experts. Let me give you all a clue, your not. What your all doing these past two weeks, and before has been done before. Nothing new.

2nd – 1st thread of the week, accused DR of using exploits, so we created this new one which lasted longer, and you guys think your hands aren’t dirty? You all make me laugh.

3rd – The same technique that these guys used to get inside the inner keep, which we have a waypoint in btw, was the same trick you guys used when we almost had your garrison, I would know I was the guy standing next to your waypoint fighting as I saw a bunch of PRO, and other players waypoint in a contested keep. So before you go accusing other servers of exploits and hacks, why don’t you hunt down your own. Or maybe i’ll just give the same advice your server seems to keep projecting. “learn to play.”

4th – NSP hasn’t exactly been angels either, infact NSP groups exploited into our Keep on hills at least twice since SOS has owned it, we actually used our trebs on our walls to destroy the inner keep and when we walked in, we saw an NSP invader by himself, guardian from the skills he had fighting us. This is why SOS doesn’t bother with hills anymore and quit playing defensive.

Waypoint into a contested keep isn’t an exploit..
..because at that instant it is not contested..

..meaning that its just a waypoint..

..Using a waypoint is not an exploit..

..Its just playing GW2..

As for what NSP is guilty of. Its rare in my eyes when NSP exploits or uses spies etc etc. The majority of our server can’t even be bothered to run supply when asked. Wouldn’t say its a large majority that has the motivation to bother with risking it.

Commander Bird Song
Os Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

@Rob It isn’t about me defending the thief. Or about how well you swept SM. The fact is that it is not outside the realm of possibility that he could have hidden in there if he was able to destroy siege without you stopping him then I can’t not believe he could have easily hidden in there as well.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

in WvW

jkctmc.8754

@Rob

You can not waypoint into a contested keep, “until” the defense timer ticks down to zero, and then you have a short window of opportunity to waypoint in. We have seen members of an unamed popular guild on Devona’s Rest waypointing in constantly, before the timer ticks away, which also implies those doing it also has the full package of hacks, from a well known website, that also includes so, so much more.

This same guild has been witnessed being stuck in terrain “supposedly”, also putting siege up in invulnerability spots, and this same guild has members who love to utilize the invulnerability spot to dodge in, and out of at the supply camp to the NW, that we’ve all seen.

Instead of dragging it out on the forums, and claiming that the entire server does it, we fraps it, screenshot it, and report it.

It just shows the difference in maturity level. There is no reason to make claims that a server is entirely responsible for the actions of a few. Even if those few are part of a largeer guild in the case of Devona’s Rest.

Now, can we stop muddying up the thread with childish nonsense?

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in WvW

Posted by: Pedra.4381

Pedra.4381

It actually happens more then you think, they are not super heroes but when you have a group of talented players playing together using vent/TS/Mumble/whatever you would be amazed at what they can pull off.

I give props to all the guys/gals regardless of server who do this, its more helpful to the server then people give them credit for.

Oh, I know extraordinary things can happen. I used to be a DAoC RvR junky and I’ve seen zergs break apart after running into a buzz saw known as a Hungry Hungry Hippos 8 man (and no I wasn’t a Hippo).

What I’m saying is that I’ve yet to see that kind of carnage from any DR guild in this WvW match (except claims of it here on the forum, of course).

Here you go…
1 – AR 20+ zerg wiped by 5-6 DR
2 – NSP 25+ zerg pushed back to tower 3 times by 10-15 DR
3 – NSP zerg wiped by 5-6 DR (think this was a karma train btw)

I tried to get screenshots of AR/NSP doing the same to DR but most times i was spiked before I could get the shot. (i like the map timestamp on pics like that) All 3 servers have some awesome small groups that have the ability to go ape on larger zergs and come out on top. I’ve been on the receiving end of that too btw =) Props to all 3 for their skilled gamers in small or large groups!

Oh, my apologies Drednyte. I thought when the “superstars” on here were bragging about wiping zergs they meant 5 man roaming fights. I didn’t know you were bragging about using a keep and siege to wipe a group of lowbies (first screen shot is 90% up leveled, which is the only one I bothered to look at).

In that case, last Sunday, my level 7 thief using a treb slaughtered countless numbers of you all over the course of 10 consecutive breakout events at RedBriar.

Now that we’re on the same sheet of music, I get it. Props to you dude.

JonPeters.5630:]I do still believe ranger is the profession in most need of improvement…

in WvW

Rob.7624

@Rob

You can not waypoint into a contested keep, “until” the defense timer ticks down to zero, and then you have a short window of opportunity to waypoint in. We have seen members of an unamed popular guild on Devona’s Rest waypointing in constantly, before the timer ticks away, which also implies those doing it also has the full package of hacks, from a well known website, that also includes so, so much more.

This same guild has been witnessed being stuck in terrain “supposedly”, also putting siege up in invulnerability spots, and this same guild has members who love to utilize the invulnerability spot to dodge in, and out of at the supply camp to the NW, that we’ve all seen.

Instead of dragging it out on the forums, and claiming that the entire server does it, we fraps it, screenshot it, and report it.

It just shows the difference in maturity level. There is no reason to make claims that a server is entirely responsible for the actions of a few. Even if those few are part of a largeer guild in the case of Devona’s Rest.

Now, can we stop muddying up the thread with childish nonsense?

Hmm I wasn’t even aware you could do it with the timer up with third party assistance.
I’ll look out for it. Thanks

Just to keep you guys informed though.
SM is like a working military base atm. Its is quite glorious to see again indeed.
Even though DR are trying to pull us out by taking our bl.

I think you and I both know that this means more to us than a bl.

Commander Bird Song
Os Guild

(edited by Rob.7624)

in WvW

Cactus.2710

[quote=1137161;Rob.7624:
SM is like a working military base atm. Its is quite glorious to see again indeed.
Even though DR are trying to pull us out by taking our bl.

[/quote]

Uhh … kk, but it sounds like more of a moral victory of sorts than a real one. As of the moment of this post the running score is:

DR 335
AR 225
NSP 135

No offense intended … as I posted above I was pretty impressed with NSP last night. I just don’t see how holding SM to the exclusion of all else buys you much, especially this late in the match.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

This makes me facepalm…+35 points versus +115 points assuming you aren’t holding Camps. Never understood why -anyone- wanted SM…it’s a Target. I would much rather hold the Keep nearest my WP in DRBL along with the Tower and camp there.

in WvW

Cactus.2710

And right now, with NSP still in control of SM, the running score is:

DR 330
AR 265
NSP 100

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

Oozo it’s a shame you can’t post the video of the open field fight on the island just south of the sentry after those two you got. Not because of who won but because it was the first 5 v 5 fight I have had in gw2 (let alone past 6-7 years of mmos) that legitimately felt like 2 guild 8-mans hitting full speed after searching for each other. 5 minute fight, equal numbers, organized 5mans. Very very few pvpers have that mentality anymore thanks to Warfront designs and EZ button games Since Daoc.

Nice to know they are still out there as I mentioned earlier today.

PAXA -GM