3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Currently 2v1 against JQ in SM. Game is unplayable because of server lag. You cast heal and it won’t begin to cast until 3-4 seconds after you hit. No way we can defend with this lag.

It is 2v1 in every zone bro. That is how three sided fights work.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

SOR, you had a mesmer hiding inside our Bay, who is in a spot you can’t get to without hacking. You should tell your people this isn’t acceptable, I doubt choo or any of the other guilds here really want to be labeled cheaters.

That’s not a hack lol.

If there is a legit way to jump up onto that rock, please record it and post it to youtube and link it here. Thanks.

You can get to that spot easily. It is a know mesmer hiding spot that I have seen every opponent I have faced use. We make sure we check it always when sweeping.

On a side note, who was your player with the golem beating on Bay’s inner wall from inside the wall for half the night? Did you guys report him? We couldn’t get him targeted. Also the player inside the garrison bridge?

Those were actual people taking advantage of glitching into models, and not someone using a jump key that anyone else can do.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

It’s not somewhere you can legit jump to, I tried. If you really say it’s possible, I would like a video.

Show me a video of you trying. No worries, I fail at jump puzzles too, but I know this one from numerous mesmer sweeps over months. I will be happy to tell you at what point you went wrong.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Miiaah.5416

Miiaah.5416

Thanks for the loot iCoa! 40+ Bags

I’ll have to get me one of those fancy arrow carts, and a group might help to

Attachments:

Blackgate
Mesmer/Warrior/Thief/ele

(edited by Miiaah.5416)

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

The only video I’ve seen so far was of someone wall jumping to get up there, so let me ask, what’s the difference between wall jumping up somewhere to hide as a mesmer, and just wall jumping over a gate and portaling people in? I don’t see a difference.

Because you are wrong and you have people from all three of our servers telling you that you are. It can easily be gotten to and it simply is not an exploit just because you don’t know how to do it. No breaking or bending of game mechanics, simple jump puzzle like activity.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

I can see my former server still hasn’t gotten the chance to do what I suggested and run a bit of PvE to get some decent gear and stop using T1 as a place to level. I was happy to see BG make it back to T1 so I could have some battles against some of my buddies, but a big zerg is meaningless when you’re not properly geared and have lowbies.

Oh well. I look forward to more battles. Just wish there was coverage at this timezone so I could continue to play.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

Score update……

Attachments:

-KNT- BG

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

The supreme commander of Blackgate is pleased…Good fights by all.

JQ and SoR need to pick a supreme celebrity commander soon, or one will be appointed to you by the ladies of TC! ( d-list only! Bussey is TC’s) (hilton is Kain)

Please just ignore the trolls and eat some rolls! – S. Seagal.

Eeek! We most definitely do NOT claim Hilton. The only reason Hilton became ours was because our REAL commander, Flava Flav, turned her.

PS. T1 looks like tons of fun this week – Keep it up! Although I’m cheering for my Beastgate brethren, definitely hoping the competition stays this fierce!

Attachments:

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

no the lag was everywhere tonight. even small 5v5 skirmishes nowhere near keeps and no keeps were under attack or having an epic 3-way…

total bummer

The reason is because each map = seperate server running them.

The server is what can’t keep up, not the player’s computers. Now, with that in mind, you have a large scale battle in a small space. All of these AOE’s causing damage, players running everywhere, health bars are changing, skill cooldown’s are changing, etc etc. Well, the server has to register ALL OF IT and send it to EVERYONE’s computer that is seeing that fight.

Well, that is a TON of data being sent in such short periods of times that the server begins to become bogged down.

Alright computer lesson time, a computer can only process one set of instructions at a time. Even if the instructions are performed asynchronously a processor’s core can only process one set of instructions. Now, if their servers are running 2x 8 core processors than it can process 16 set’s of instructions simultanously. If their servers were hyper threaded to created logical cores it would still only process 16 set’s of instructions simultanously! Logical cores != physical cores.

So back to the subject, all of that processing in such a short period of time. Now, check this out. When you press to use a skill, that command get’s sent to their web server. And get’s placed on the end of the “stack”. When it sends the information back to state it’s going to fire off, initiate cd, that get’s placed on the “stack”.

Now, granted this stack for the most part is nonexistent practically since there isn’t a huge demand all at once (like in very large scale battles where it becomes laggy) which would create an actual stack. The server sends the information from the stack by FIFO (first in first out). This creates the “lag”.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Have to say I’m rather interested to see how this week will turn out. Normally we lost the weekends to Kain then took over for the rest of the week, so it is odd to see us ahead this early, but I’m sure the weekly turnout will be different than T2. Also, Hate being red, we have been green for too long and its throwing me off. I keep looking for enemies when taking supply camps thinking someone walked in >.<

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

Have to say I’m rather interested to see how this week will turn out. Normally we lost the weekends to Kain then took over for the rest of the week, so it is odd to see us ahead this early, but I’m sure the weekly turnout will be different than T2. Also, Hate being red, we have been green for too long and its throwing me off. I keep looking for enemies when taking supply camps thinking someone walked in >.<

Red is the worst since it has the universal connotation implying “stop”, so your mind instantly makes you think when the ring is red it’s NOTworking. Very annoying.

If my memory serves last time BG was in Tier 1 you guys did very well on weekends right? I think I remember you guys having a pretty good lead coming into Monday.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

Wall of text

Multiple processors, multiple cores, load balancing, physical/virtual machines, network load, yadda yadda. We can’t even be sure its one logical per zone or if it is even safe to assume that with how poorly some things seem to be coded.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: kevinskyrider.3271

kevinskyrider.3271

Score update
————

Attachments:

Blackgate

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: me im not.9357

me im not.9357

If my memory serves last time BG was in Tier 1 you guys did very well on weekends right? I think I remember you guys having a pretty good lead coming into Monday.

Yeah, in tier 1 they had the lead from starting day—- and then faded after the weekend passed. JQ has also traditionally done worse on weekends and much better during the week. So at this point, the scores aren’t telling us enough. It could be that BG with SOS is now big enough to bump out JQ…. or it could be that after all that cash spend on transfers—- the new BG may not fair any better than the old SOS.

The scores come middle next week will be much more telling and important… As for now, they don’t prove much of anything.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Vilkata.4725

Vilkata.4725

I can’t believe it, but I kinda miss seeing the Urge tag all over my server’s BL. Good luck BG, hope you guys are having fun!

Leader of The Quiddity [Quid]
Everything is a Nemesis plot.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Bushi.4507

Bushi.4507

I can’t believe it, but I kinda miss seeing the Urge tag all over my server’s BL. Good luck BG, hope you guys are having fun!

me too.

Mordred The Red

[HB] Black Gate

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

made a new friend on JQ today! one guard and one thief had a little fight going. then guard got run over by a group from thief’s world that came a running by. thief stuck around though so we chatted for a bit. looking forward to finishing what we started next time.

and here’s another welcome back, BG! hope to see how you’ve all grown. as well as how how SoR has. here’s to good fights this week on all sides.

ps. @Bash, Christos – definitely hope to see you guys on the field! >:DD

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: SlasherX.5198

SlasherX.5198

me too.

well even I too was shocked that we have a lot of urge online in the guild especially in wvw.. its fun commanding, but JQ zerg is still tough to beat you kill 10, 20 will replace them.. its like a hydra..

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Sunfish.5970

Sunfish.5970

Score update.

Attachments:

Poopy Person : (

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

Having tons of fun this week. Aslo score update:

Attachments:

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: ura.4536

ura.4536

BGBL is broken:(

not only me but lots of ppl cant enter this bl

Attachments:

blackgate Nine Dragon[ND]
[ND]Uranus Deathcaller
Necro

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Macondo.4827

Macondo.4827

Out of topic:
Thnx to the SoR guy/girl that dropped this:

Attachments:

Alicia Kingsleigh – Blackgate.
PRX – MoAR – PEW

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

I kept lagging then being disconnected every time I went into BG BL this morning. It worked fine on the other BL’s that I tried though.

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: oldephartte.4369

oldephartte.4369

“I speak for Rall. Because unlike JQQ and BG, they understand the true spirit of WvW.”

Attachments:

Just another run-of-the-mill gamer.

Running on SoR from day 1 minute 1

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

The only video I’ve seen so far was of someone wall jumping to get up there, so let me ask, what’s the difference between wall jumping up somewhere to hide as a mesmer, and just wall jumping over a gate and portaling people in? I don’t see a difference.

You don’t have to wall jump to get there. All you have to do is jump off the cliff from the SE gate and run/jump on the rocks.

Can’t figure it out message in game. It’s really simple to jump to, anyone can do it without exploiting/hacking.

It’s also been a known hiding spot for months now.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Macondo.4827

Macondo.4827

“I speak for Rall. Because unlike JQQ and BG, they understand the true spirit of WvW.”

WTS F5

Attachments:

Alicia Kingsleigh – Blackgate.
PRX – MoAR – PEW

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Fixeon.5076

Fixeon.5076

I am starting a fund to buy small prison in a 3rd world country for SoR to use as a morning crew.

“For just forty cents a day you can keep SoR from ticking at +80 in the morning.”

No? Too early for forced prison labor jokes? Well I thought it was funny.

I’ll see you guys on the glorious field of battle tonight. I will be the mean ugly looking one bathing in the blood of the weak and the treasure of the fallen.

Fixeon – Guardian
Umberage of Death – Thief
~~~Sanctum of Rall~~~

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

Happy national old stuff day

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

So Supreme Commander Segal is back at the helm for BG … who did JQ and SoR pick?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: FractalChaos.6539

FractalChaos.6539

No breaking or bending of game mechanics, simple jump puzzle like activity.

…culminating in your character passing through a portion of the world geometry that the designers did not intend for a player to be able to pass through. That would be considered exploiting.

Oh and by the way, regarding the “3 servers telling you it’s ok” comment; that’s just argumentum ad populum. A majority in agreement isn’t necessarily right.

People’s ignorance really pisses me off.
Stupidity is when you can’t help it;
Ignorance is when you choose not to understand.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I am starting a fund to buy small prison in a 3rd world country for SoR to use as a morning crew.

Im sure you could ask Putin in russia.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: appledainty.8127

appledainty.8127

SoR – Vince McMahon?

Ellehnia – Mad Pirate Ranger
Team Dolyak [KH]

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Fixeon.5076

Fixeon.5076

Wow you really don’t know how to let things go do you. This spot was proven to be no different than the rest of the wall, you can jump to it without exploiting. This wall is the worst kept secret hiding place in all of bay. Everyone uses it. Every time we capture bay there is always one or two people up there. Just like there is always someone trying to hide in the corner in hills.

Yes the texture/wall model is bugged. We all know it, we all check it. People will not stop using it regardless of what server they’re from unless Anet breaks it. Do what everyone else does and mes check properly.

Fixeon – Guardian
Umberage of Death – Thief
~~~Sanctum of Rall~~~

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

…culminating in your character passing through a portion of the world geometry that the designers did not intend for a player to be able to pass through. That would be considered exploiting.

Oh and by the way, regarding the “3 servers telling you it’s ok” comment; that’s just argumentum ad populum. A majority in agreement isn’t necessarily right.

Save the fallacy discussion for your logic 101 class in college. I don’t care. This is a known hiding spot and has been for months.

Anyways, the response you quoted was directed towards the wall jumping accusation. Whether you agree with me or not doesn’t change the absolute fact that you can get to that spot without exploiting. Whether or not standing inside a broken model that anyone can stand inside is an exploit or not shrug, I was not debating that. That is for ANET to decide, not me. As I am not a mesmer, it doesn’t affect me anyways outside of checking for people hiding there.

On another note, how do you feel about the JQ player inside the inner wall model at bay breaking down the wall from within it? Or the other player inside the bridge model at Garrison attacking people crossing it? Is that less of a grey area?

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Irish Cowboy.4153

Irish Cowboy.4153

Fun fights on reset night at JQ borderlands. There was some tenacious groups from JQ and BG that wouldn’t give up on garrison, regardless of how many times they wiped. I sure hope SOR can get some coverage in our weak time zones, because our NA prime time doesn’t lose to anyone.

Give em hell SOR. We know our door vs Zerg won’t be enough to hold off BG and JQ during our off hours, but at least we can farm badges during NA prime.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

Anyways, what happened to keeping this thread friendly? lol

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

Great fights in EBG last night. Had a blast working with AoI.

Let’s keep the complaints and accusations out of this thread. File a ticket or send a report, but do not post it on the forums.

I’ve been very disappointed so far by the amount of trash talking and bashing on other servers or guilds. Say, “good fights,” on the forums and move on with your day.

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

(edited by Esoteric.5490)

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: ritsuko.2863

ritsuko.2863

The 3-way garrison fights were great fun on SOR BL during Asian prime-time. Too bad that they won’t last past the weekend.

Synapse [SYN] Sanctum of Rall
http://synapse-guild.com/

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Score update please?

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Voicer.8239

Voicer.8239

Score Update =]

Attachments:

(BlackGate)

(edited by Voicer.8239)

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Missed you, SoR.<3

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Slayer Lord.5023

Slayer Lord.5023

In tier one, we all like our servers like we like our pancakes. Stacked!

The menu includes one stack of JQ. I assure you I find this one delicious.

Not enough? Try Blackgate with an extra helping of Sea Of Sorrows. Its really stacked!

Lets not forget Sanctum Of Rall perfectly sandwiched in the middle of both stacks.

Tier one. Delicious and filling.

Jade Quarry Server

[DARK]

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

To the seemingly endless amounts of JQ that kept pushing into Redlake on JQ BL, thanks for making us learn new ways of defending! This is what T1 is about, y’all brought the heat!

But srsly… how many were there?? Due to culling, we never saw the full force.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

buki.3108

Missed you, SoR.<3

What armor are you wearing now? (So we can wave at you..!)

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Esoteric.5490

Blackgate has always played well on the weekend. We will see what the week brings us.

Also, the true nature of WvW is designed to be a 24/7 war.

I’d really like to see SoR get some more guilds in the time zones that they need. It’s too early for me to tell what those are just yet as we haven’t played the new and improved version of them for even 24 hours yet or on a week day, but it would be very healthy for this tier to have all servers competing around the clock without major gaps

Blackgate Forever,

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: spartanx.1364

spartanx.1364

Blackgate has always played well on the weekend. We will see what the week brings us.

Also, the true nature of WvW is designed to be a 24/7 war.

I’d really like to see SoR get some more guilds in the time zones that they need. It’s too early for me to tell what those are just yet as we haven’t played the new and improved version of them for even 24 hours yet or on a week day, but it would be very healthy for this tier to have all servers competing around the clock without major gaps

Its the same times week lacked before… Oceanic and Asia. We have some great guilds in those slots right now but they are out maned by both servers every time.

Tytos The Ascended – Tytos Hill – Dee Oh Tee
Paintrainchoo.com – Conductor – TC

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Missed you, SoR.<3

I’m not gonna make it easier for you to spot me :P

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Esoteric.5490

Missed you, SoR.<3

They already know what I look like

Blackgate Forever,

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Ardon.4105

Ardon.4105

Missed you, SoR.<3

They already know what I look like

Luckily (or not?), you two look nearly the same.

[Agg] Rendon Argos (Charrgos) – Guardian
Server Traversing Nomad

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

buki.3108

So I only need to find one of you!