3/15 DB/YB/SOS

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Going to sleep now. Wonder if we’ll still have Yaks Hills when I awaken.
… Hopefully SoS doesn’t flip it.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

Good battles today, and like always well played Tsym you guys are the only good thing left on SoS.

Also second night in a row we rallied to 2nd place, and here is when we all realized that SoS and CD are equals, the only thing holding them on this tier is their PvDoor crew, who feeds on the bones of others when they sleep.

Good night people, keep the good encounters coming!.

yawn well SOS seems to be beating you right now so… I guess that “one good thing” is one too many for you to handle. I notice you revived the dead yaks bend recruitment thread asking for more Oceanics. If you want more Oceanics kitten talking the servers they reside in seems like a very dumb idea. Just my two cents.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

yawn well SOS seems to be beating you right now so… I guess that “one good thing” is one too many for you to handle. I notice you revived the dead yaks bend recruitment thread asking for more Oceanics. If you want more Oceanics kitten talking the servers they reside in seems like a very dumb idea. Just my two cents.

It is certainly possible for a server to be divided on this type of issue. Perosnally, I would welcome an influx of oceanics to Mags… Just enough to give us a shot to hold our own against DB. But some of our other players don’t want an increase in population and a mindless zerg mentality. I certainly respect their feelings on the matter, but we are definitely of divided opinion. I imagine yaks would be the same way.

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Beyondthelol.9504

Beyondthelol.9504

Enjoyed the fights with both you yakkies and SoSites alike

Aramir Hellforge
Terror [TG]
Dragonbrand

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Facet.5914

Facet.5914

Great fights today in SoS, [CL] and [Me] put up one hell of a fight out there!

Keep up the great work all sides, and dont forget to have fun out there. YB put up a defensive matrix in SoS hills to rival anything we ever fought in T1, as long as the teams keep coming up with stuff like that well be here forever!

GG GF and /salute!

[Me] leader here, mad props to you TSYM guys, we’ve ran head first at hills over and over again. We been bunkering down in there, haha.

Main reason we come to SoS ma kitten ince TSYM gives us one hell of a fight. Crazy numbers too!

[Tsym] attacking Hills defended by [Me] has been a daily occurrence this week. My favorite thing about it is that each time it happens, the side that lost the previous encounter has obviously taken stock of what went wrong, and has something new up their sleeve to solve it. Keep up the good fights!

Yaks Bend [SoF] [Me] [One]
Sea of Sorrows [All]

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

Great fights today in SoS, [CL] and [Me] put up one hell of a fight out there!

Keep up the great work all sides, and dont forget to have fun out there. YB put up a defensive matrix in SoS hills to rival anything we ever fought in T1, as long as the teams keep coming up with stuff like that well be here forever!

GG GF and /salute!

[Me] leader here, mad props to you TSYM guys, we’ve ran head first at hills over and over again. We been bunkering down in there, haha.

Main reason we come to SoS ma kitten ince TSYM gives us one hell of a fight. Crazy numbers too!

[Tsym] attacking Hills defended by [Me] has been a daily occurrence this week. My favorite thing about it is that each time it happens, the side that lost the previous encounter has obviously taken stock of what went wrong, and has something new up their sleeve to solve it. Keep up the good fights!

Those are the situations that make this all worthwhile. That fight last night at Hills was a ton of fun.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Serebus.7314

Serebus.7314

Any guilds looking for GvG send me a message or in game mail, im thinking somewhere between 10v10 and 20v20

Bronade – Guild leader of TERROR[TG]
Homeworld = Home Borderland!

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Good fights this afternoon in YBBL

~ AoN ~

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

The one thing that can definitely be said about maguuma, is that not in any of the weeks that we fought them did 1 person ever complain about nightcapping. Yak’s folks just don’t seem to understand how wvw works unfortunately.

You’re gonna need more experience in WvW if you want to throw out statements like that and expect to have any credibility.

If you care to examine my experience in wvw, I have several quite popular videos of wvw gameplay using my build that I designed specifically to be effective in wvw. Go ahead and look at the link in my signature.

Regardless of my experience, anyone that complains about nightcapping doesn’t understand how wvw works. This is a 24 hour game. Anet is not going to make special server tiers just so you guys get to fight just whenever you want to. Wvw never ends, and spotty coverage is part of the game. When we were fighting TC and FA, they had overwhelming map control/presence during the vast majority of the day. We didn’t complain, we just did the best we could and kept on trying. 24 hour dynamics is one of the most appealing characteristics of wvw, and I can guarantee you that anet will never change it.

And anyone who generalizes an entire server based on the select few comments by posters doesn’t understand how MMO’s work.

Is it fair to generalize a whole server because one guy exploits/hacks?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

We had some issues last night ( oceanic ) with a few EB towers flipping from apparently underground attackers. ( the colour they flipped to is not important ) The flipped towers retained mortars, cannons and oil when retaken.

This suspicious action appeared to cease when scouts were posted in the lords rooms.

I would advise all players from any server to keep their eyes open and report anything suspicious through the appropriate channels. It may be a bug rather than an exploit.

IMHO, You should also pass whatever info you have up through your own server forums/leaders so we can all work on removing these things from our game.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Tobias Steele.2071

It is certainly possible for a server to be divided on this type of issue. Perosnally, I would welcome an influx of oceanics to Mags… Just enough to give us a shot to hold our own against DB. But some of our other players don’t want an increase in population and a mindless zerg mentality. I certainly respect their feelings on the matter, but we are definitely of divided opinion. I imagine yaks would be the same way.

I’m actually pretty keen for mags to join the match up. Hopefully you guys bring some new ideas and strats.

Tarnished Coast.

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Perceptor.7189

Perceptor.7189

can i have a score update please?? it’s been 10 hrs since someone update the score in the millenium matchup and i can’t enter the game atm….

Commander Morkdar – lvl 80 Engineer
Commander Roter Fangblood – lvl 80 Warrior

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Bitz.2896

Bitz.2896

DBYB 252,007 +475
SoS 110,839 +220

/salute [BP] you guys brought it tonight. It was a ton of fun!!

[TSYM]
SoR

(edited by Bitz.2896)

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Kulam.6514

Kulam.6514

BDYB 252,007 +475
SoS 110,839 +220

/salute [BP] you guys brought it tonight. It was a ton of fun!!

I’ll accept your salute if you return my liver and spleen. I think I found most of my ribcage already .. don’t worry about the teeth im a necro and I’m considered handsome without them. . lol

Dragon Bizkit

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: coronbale.3894

coronbale.3894

/salute to BP tonight, probably wiped to you guys more than we have to any team since leaving T1. Nice work in there, you showed us some holes in our game we are going to need to shore up if were to stay competitive!

Blended a kittentail of intensity and frustration today, keep it coming!

Leader of [TSym]
Sea of Sorrows
IGN – Coron

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Need moar visual score updates.

Attachments:

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Extremely amazing fights in SoS BL, especially with the SoS in Hills. 3 ways fight at the start and DB finally got hills after a long and hard battle. Good fight, everyone.

As for SoS, can you ask your scout to back off from us? She had been following us everywhere like a dog and we can’t shake her off!

Funny SoS and DB been kissing each other’s rears for hours again taking YB

Attachments:

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Noobles.4325

Noobles.4325

we held your hill for so long, how many 3 or 4 omegas to finally get in?

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Extremely amazing fights in SoS BL, especially with the SoS in Hills. 3 ways fight at the start and DB finally got hills after a long and hard battle. Good fight, everyone.

As for SoS, can you ask your scout to back off from us? She had been following us everywhere like a dog and we can’t shake her off!

What can we say…when you guys don’t defend your land, it’s sorta just a race to see who can take the free points first.

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Tobias Steele.2071

There is no love lost between db and SOS, but outside na times yb is basically free points.

Tarnished Coast.

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Azure Prower.8701

Welcome to the 6 digit club YB!

Attachments:

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

There is no love lost between db and SOS, but outside na times yb is basically free points.

^
This.

When YB NA primetime ends our night crew consists of the same 20 of us diehards getting smashed on repeatedly by forces outnumbering us like the persian hordes. The part I don’t get, and kind of irritates me, are the players that don’t understand how few of us there are that play at night (I’m west coast PST and have to play late at night due to work). Getting groups together isn’t an option we pretty much just try to survive the onslaught of massive numbers and not get spawn camped. NA primetime Yaks should stick around some night and see what it’s like just for a bit of perspective.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

^Those of us who play late NA/Oceanic on Dragonbrand face the same problem. SoS is very much stronger than either DB or YB for those four or five hours. I try to urge various commanders to stay up on just one week night to see how the relative wvw populations change radically depending on the hours of the day.

Of course, on Dragonbrand we just have to hold out long enough for our Asian brothers to come on. Where as YB has no relieving force coming until the next day. That must really make it difficult to muster up the desire to defend.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Azure Prower.8701

SoS have the opposite problem.

Very strong Oceanic presence. Weak NA presence. Absolutely no EU presence.

Those four or five hours is the only time SoS does well at all to make up for lost ground.

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

we held your hill for so long, how many 3 or 4 omegas to finally get in?

Well you guys had hills sieged up to the teeth, i commend you for that. After countless hours of beating against the gate and dying to trebs, we resorted to 2 Omegas

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Both DB and YB do a good job defending towers, keeps etc. No one player can man 5 siege items etc, so there is a minimum no of defenders needed to hold.

YB during oceanic hours drops below that critical mass BUT they still have some skilled and dedicated Yak slapping and camp flipping teams.

I very much enjoy playing in Tier three and look forwards to the “reset hr rush” each week where combined timezone forces compete.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

(edited by elkirin.8534)

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: VoxShatterfall.5470

VoxShatterfall.5470

^ this is encouraging

In T1 I rage quit from WvW due to the repetitive and not fun nature of not having an impact and failing to even cap towers.

It seems I can now enjoy playing WvW again in that a garrison is hard, yet not impossible to capture.

This is all thanks to the current matchup with the three tier 3 servers!
Both YB and DB have excellent guilds for which SoS can fight against, with random zergs and ridiculous roamers being a thing of the past.

I thank you all for helping to make WvW fun for us again!

Commander Vox Shatterfall / Ward Zabach / Ifrit the Immolated
Angry Intent | Multiple Servers
WTB Razor Blade Free Candy!

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

just to lift up the spirit of SoS….

once upon a time, long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away :

Attachments:

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Frosty.8491

Frosty.8491

Oh [Me]. xD Didn’t anyone tell you that Citadel is impossible to cap with just players? You need at LEAST 10 Omegas and two Devs on your team. Get a move on!

For realsies though, I haven’t seen ANYONE throw as many golems around as you guys do. You must be quite rich to be so nonchalant with them.

Attachments:

IGN: Lyla Frostheart
Legion of Doom [LOD] | www.lodgw.com
Retired

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Dethroat.3514

Dethroat.3514

Oh [Me]. xD Didn’t anyone tell you that Citadel is impossible to cap with just players? You need at LEAST 10 Omegas and two Devs on your team. Get a move on!

For realsies though, I haven’t seen ANYONE throw as many golems around as you guys do. You must be quite rich to be so nonchalant with them.

Wow…

Dethroat – Human – Necromancer – War is Hell [WAR] Leader
Tarnished Coast

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Braxxus.2904

I see no golems… and no devs.

I R teh confused.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Frosty.8491

Frosty.8491

I R teh confused.

/sarcasm?

IGN: Lyla Frostheart
Legion of Doom [LOD] | www.lodgw.com
Retired

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Braxxus.2904

I R teh confused.

/sarcasm?

No, I’m serious. In your screenshot I see no devs, I also see no golems. I see 3 yaks, one happens to be a commander, you and a flame ram.

Edit: OHHHHH kitten Thought that was a picture of your garrison at first and not you posting pics of some exploiters where they shouldn’t be. My bad, carry on.

/facepalm

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

I R teh confused.

/sarcasm?

No, I’m serious. In your screenshot I see no devs, I also see no golems. I see 3 yaks, one happens to be a commander, you and a flame ram.

Obviously it’s one of those pictures you have to stare at forever before you see the golems in 3d.

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

YB Commander here to congratulate all Yaks for an awesome 500 Point tick around 9 PM server time!

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Noobles.4325

yaks bend garrison has 1 seige for every 2 people inside ;o, I wanted your garry

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

Hello farinas, how’s TC doing?

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

Hello farinas, how’s TC doing?

aye ? you know me ? hehe.. TC is doing fine in T2, they are good opponent. i’m on kaineng….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Kovu.7560

A thank you to the few Yaks Bend defending Bluebriar from SoS in SoS’s borderland just now. Even though we portaled in and flipped the tower behind you, you still continued to defend the gate against SoS’s zerg for us.

Quite valiant!

~ Kovu

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Noobles.4325

Mesmer portal FTW lol

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Casey.9687

Casey.9687

From Yaks to DB with love =D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeVm9pCtv3U

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.4527

Chris.4527

We tried to cap it, we did!

[Me] leader here, mad fun tonight DB. Wish you guys had a better showing though.

[One]

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Noobles.4325

we could say the same about your BL a group of 20 flipping everything but garrison, and got to inner garrison twice. we just failed horriably at taking your siege out in lords room ;\

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Kovu.7560

Today was definitely a day of flipping all around.
Heck, SoS Garrison is like a hot potato.

~ Kovu

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

Took SoS bl bay keep three times tonight with the same four catapults.

Sort of silly really.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: santi.7516

santi.7516

I still think that SoS in is current state is a CD copycat but with a better NA crew, you guys should go down to tier 4 and play with them.

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: luniprincess.3162

luniprincess.3162

Mag is better than SoS.

I was born to try
The Friends of Voltaire[TFV]
We will make you proud,Dragonbrand

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

I still think that SoS in is current state is a CD copycat but with a better NA crew, you guys should go down to tier 4 and play with them.

Don’t you ever get tired of kittening about nightcapping?

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Mag is better than SoS.

if Mags could get over themselves and their “We hate large scale battles, We only like to roam” thing, I believe this could be true. But when you mix in organized large scale groups like TSYM and a few others who have given us trouble you guys are lacking. I HATE how vulture like your tactics are(Everyone I have spoken to about this have been cut off by you while trying to get to the inner of a 3rd party keep, sometimes you come in and wipe the 2 teams capping it and cap it yourselves if they have weakened each other….) but they are solid tactics.

Mags embrace large scale combat. please.

3/15 DB/YB/SOS

in WvW

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

Get the job done with yaks, so we can move up. Seems likely we’ll have something for you.

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)