3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

Wooooo Beastgate! It has been a great week folks

2nd place = first loser.

3rd place = Poor Loser.

why anyone would brag about coming in second place is beyond me. Blue is the worst spot in EB for sure. Seriously though do you ever see the 2nd place team in major sports brag about losing in the championship?
I don’t recall anyone on SoR bragging about coming in second place in t2 above IoJ/TC for those many weeks.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: WRod.3856

WRod.3856

Oh look who I ran into. <3

Attachments:

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Wooooo Beastgate! It has been a great week folks

2nd place = first loser.

3rd place = Poor Loser.

why anyone would brag about coming in second place is beyond me. Blue is the worst spot in EB for sure. Seriously though do you ever see the 2nd place team in major sports brag about losing in the championship?
I don’t recall anyone on SoR bragging about coming in second place in t2 above IoJ/TC for those many weeks.

I’m sorry if you interpret that as bragging…it’s not what so ever… It’s more of a response to a poor attempt at diminishing the fact that BG worked hard this last few days to get back into 2nd place. Also I’m sorry if you read to far into it and thinking that in anyway I was calling SoR as a server “poor sports” or “haha 3rd again” Quite the contrary, SoR did great this week, holding the point lead they did and not making it easy for BG (or JQ) to walk all over them.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

I’m not sure if this person is affiliated with any guild, but we have a person on JQBL in our garrison who has now built like 20+ rams all inside garry in random places to reach our siege cap and drain our supply. His name is a random collection of letters.

I have no way of knowing if he is part of some larger plan from another server, or just a lone saboteur. I could speculate based on the current action on the map (BG is very active there right now, I don’t see any SoR)….however my main point would be:

IF (again I don’t know) this person is involved with any guild or is in communication with anybody on BG or SoR. Please try to be more respectful and mature about the game, and ask him to stop. It’s not cool. If I knew someone on JQ was doing similar I would do my best to get him to stop as well. I realize you can’t actually force him to stop, but still. Just asking. No reason to use dirty tactics to get ahead. It’s just not cool.

EDIT:

I’ve just been informed he has a Choo tag on him. Not cool. Not. Cool.

(edited by drwookie.6391)

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: WRod.3856

WRod.3856

I doubt its choo. probably some no life trying to stir up some drama.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

EDIT:

The tags don’t represent the guilds on other servers. You have to read the whole guild name when you target them.

Also PvE players have been doing this on all servers to dump siege they think is useless and to get free XP for leveling.

All you can do is ask them to stop, or better yet donate their siege they don’t care about.

-KNT- BG

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

drwookie.6391

EDIT:

The tags don’t represent the guilds on other servers. You have to read the whole guild name when you target them.

Also PvE players have been doing this on all servers to dump siege they think is useless to them and to get free XP for leveling.

All you can do is ask them to stop, or better yet donate their siege they don’t care about.

His name is a completely random assortment of letters. I doubt he is doing this to level up this character.

And I don’t mean to accuse anyone in particular, just stating what’s going on. I also realize even if he was in a guild on SoR or BG, he surely doesn’t represent everyone. Just asking that we all, to the best of our ability, keep games clean. If this is happening to every server then that goes for all of us. I haven’t personally ran through a keep/tower covered in rams in awhile…I feel like that was a troll tactic back in september that had fell by the wayside. Guess not.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

drwookie.6391

I’m not sure if this person is affiliated with any guild, but we have a person on JQBL in our garrison who has now built like 20+ rams all inside garry in random places to reach our siege cap and drain our supply. His name is a random collection of letters.

I have no way of knowing if he is part of some larger plan from another server, or just a lone saboteur. I could speculate based on the current action on the map (BG is very active there right now, I don’t see any SoR)….however my main point would be:

IF (again I don’t know) this person is involved with any guild or is in communication with anybody on BG or SoR. Please try to be more respectful and mature about the game, and ask him to stop. It’s not cool. If I knew someone on JQ was doing similar I would do my best to get him to stop as well. I realize you can’t actually force him to stop, but still. Just asking. No reason to use dirty tactics to get ahead. It’s just not cool.

EDIT:

I think you answered your own questions. No SoR presence and he has a CHOO acronym tag on.

I hate to point fingers but this happened a lot to SoR when they were in T2. And of the 3 servers fighting right now, there is only one that has a terrible reputation when it comes to hacking, exploiting, cheating, and just doing anything and everything possible to win.

Like the above poster said, it seems like an obvious attempt to cause drama especially considering that looking at TS there are only 5 CHOO on atm and they are in a pve channel.

I don’t want to use that kind of rhetoric (the “terrible reputation when it comes to hacking, exploiting etc…”). It just doesn’t foster a good competitive atmosphere. Even if that atmosphere doesn’t exist right now we can at least try our best to build it for the future.

It doesn’t matter who is doing it, because like I said nobody can stop an individual person since these sorts of people aren’t punished by Anet. Just asking that we all play as clean as possible. We may already be doing that, but just in case it’s a friendly reminder.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

Score update

Fooooooooo

Attachments:

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: akanibbles.6237

akanibbles.6237

SOMEONE 5v5 us tonight stop zerg fighting!

Go do sPvP 5v5 then, this isn’t PVP so stop pretending it is.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

You don’t remember them bragging about being where they were (2nd place in T2) despite their lack of coverage against a “stacked zerg server”?

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Cryptik.7298

Cryptik.7298

It’s sad how much of this we’ve been seeing on JQ this week…

Attachments:

SlevenTen
[NS] – DragonBrand
Night Shîft Guild Leader

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Lalnuir.4957

Lalnuir.4957

Spvp and an organized 5v5 are not the same thing. In spvp you rarely have fights larger than 3v3.

An organized 5v5 would actually have 5 people together fighting 5 others sorta like some hot joins when nearly everyone zergs the graveyard but with people on team speak and actual team work involved.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

You don’t remember them bragging about being where they were (2nd place in T2) despite their lack of coverage against a “stacked zerg server”?

Unless this is the historic grudge match please move on.

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

Would a limit to the amount of siege a single player can put down per hour(or something) help this?

I know it might be a pain for commanders and dedicated siege holders but maybe if you were still allowed to drop the plans on the ground to give to other players but were limited in the amount of buildsites you could make, it would cut down on the ppl doing this.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

drwookie.6391

Would a limit to the amount of siege a single player can put down per hour(or something) help this?

I know it might be a pain for commanders and dedicated siege holders but maybe if you were still allowed to drop the plans on the ground to give to other players but were limited in the amount of buildsites you could make, it would cut down on the ppl doing this.

That could help, but you’re right it could also cause some frustration.

Honestly I think if they don’t want to maintain live GM’s like older MMOs used to do…they should set up a way for each server to “vote” for player GM’s to regulate things. It is easier for Anet to moderate 5-10 player GM’s than it is for them to moderate hundreds of people per server. Let the players elect the GMs and if they are found abusing their power (kicking people from WvW when they don’t deserve to be kicked etc…) they can be punished.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: TLSolomon.6083

TLSolomon.6083

Ok BG.. now I know when you got through our garrison gate you were like W T F?
You could have taken them out for us!

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

drwookie.6391

Ok BG.. now I know when you got through our garrison gate you were like W T F?
You could have taken them out for us!

I honestly can’t fault them for that. They had more important things to do than sit there and dps down the rams for us.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Slayer Lord.5023

Slayer Lord.5023

Anti-JQ Trolls: “Our rams will block out your siege!”

JQ: “Then we will…..um……..fight reenforced doors with our swords?”

Unfortunately what JQ has had to deal with lately.

Jade Quarry Server

[DARK]

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

GekoHayate.2451

Move on from what?

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

GekoHayate.2451

Real men brute force doors. /salute

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Lalnuir.4957

Lalnuir.4957

Real men brute force doors. /salute

A 70 man zerg drops a door about as fast as four rams.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

What if it was more rewarding to kill enemy siege other then kill it so its not there for them to use. Maybe siege can drop a badge or small amount of XP or karma. Though I don’t think this would really make a commander say kill all this siege so troll put down, it might be more enticing for pugs or what not. Considering there is no real way (as of now) to stop this from happening.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Teel.9036

Teel.9036

Anyone else find it funny that EMP claim 1 thing and do another? I mean they claim the score is too close so they don’t fight TW. Yet they fight Agg when the score is much closer now that it has been since BG got here.They claim they don’t want to gvg TW because gvg is not about chest thumping. And then they brag about their gvg record. They claim TW doesn’t give proper respect but they use the videos of their GvGs are recruitment adds. LoL…. I honestly am losing more and more respect for EMP every time they come up with another excuse. Just fight them and get it over with.

As tw not doing gvg against anyone else I have to say I think thats more or less people being afraid of them. I see them offering to set up GvGs all the time but no one seems to take them up on the offer.

At least from what I can tell from the forum, guilds from other servers who have fought EMP have either given them compliments or said they’ve had no issues with the GvG. I have only seen issues arising when they have scheduled or fought guilds from SOR. And seeing the amount of chest thumping posts on the forum from SOR, I may understand why RawNoodles thinks SOR has created a hostile environment in wvw.

About 6 or 7 posts down is a response from Votf who was in SOS when they fought Emp. He pretty much said they had no issues with the GvG vs EMP. JQ and SOS were bitter rivals back then but they were able to do GvG in a respectful manner. Remember, to get respect, you need to give respect.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/80025-tier-1-gvg-emptsym-hb-votf/page__st__90

We never had any bad blood with EMP no, it was all very organized and well managed even though one of our 2 GvG’s was completely out of the blue. I spectated once when they fought against Tsym and the fights looked like they had been set up in a good way as well. Fun thing, that 2nd time that we did GvG against EMP were cause one of their members had whispered teasing our commander after EMP & another guild had killed us 60vs30. No harm in that tho! I myself got friends that I love teasing on Seafarers Rest for example.

Teelie l VoTF

(edited by Teel.9036)

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

Move on from what?

Please pay attention. No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious.

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

challenged when they run 90 people around capping objectives with 20-30 people max defending.

20-30 ?

http://youtu.be/zTl4EdWWixQ

how many em in this video?

and FOO have 30-40 ppl not 90+

Waha

Awesome stuff!

Respect to FOO, you guys are awesome.

Out of curiosity , do you have any footage from last night? :)

i dont know. but I print screen a picture from my computer ….

I’m impressed, you’ve managed to take garrison hours after your main opponent has gone to bed.

But no that wasn’t what I had in mind :P

Sadly I didn’t manage to record anything from last nights epic battles, but this might help refresh your memory instead from the night before :)

Attachments:

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: kevinskyrider.3271

kevinskyrider.3271

Score update
————

Attachments:

Blackgate

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Impmon.3056

Impmon.3056

How does one target the inside of a keep while right up against the outer wall with a superior arrow cart ? I saw this particular guild place a superior arrow cart and was able to not only move with a target but selectively target various defensive sieges & follow players with the arrow cart. All while up against the wall.

Now I’ve went into this spot myself and my camera cannot pan above the wall, nor does moving it around at various angles permit me to target anywhere within the keep.

So how do they do it ? I’ve reported the individual & guild to anet anyways and perhaps they’ll answer me.

Attachments:

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Volcanus.2756

Volcanus.2756

How does one target the inside of a keep while right up against the outer wall with a superior arrow cart ? I saw this particular guild place a superior arrow cart and was able to not only move with a target but selectively target various defensive sieges & follow players with the arrow cart. All while up against the wall.

Now I’ve went into this spot myself and my camera cannot pan above the wall, nor does moving it around at various angles permit me to target anywhere within the keep.

So how do they do it ? I’ve reported the individual & guild to anet anyways and perhaps they’ll answer me.

Space right above the door.

Burstz-Warrior
Damage Inc. [DI]
Isle of Janthir

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Impmon.3056

Impmon.3056

Space right above the door.

You can see in the screenshot the person operating the superior arrow cart is in to the left of the tower up against the rock wall. Theres no way to see into the keep from there. Yet, this indivdual was able to target all over the wall & beyond it. When I dropped some AOE on the arrow cart operator the targetting arrows followed me as I dodged off wall, and ran around until going out of range.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Volcanus.2756

There are zoom hacks in the game. As far as i know Anet hasn’t done anything about those. If you have a problem contact the guild leader of that guild. Not trying to say that this player is doing that. Wasn’t there for it.

Burstz-Warrior
Damage Inc. [DI]
Isle of Janthir

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Churchill.8714

Churchill.8714

The guild you’ve posted a screenshot of does this all the time, it’s not a new issue as far as they go.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

GekoHayate.2451

Please pay attention. No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious.

There was nothing to move on from, a point was made, I had a different memory of the event, I gave my input.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

I’ve seen this AC thing from a number of servers. In most cases it’s just about placement of the AC, in some you scratch your head, if it looks iffy, report it. Plain and simple, if its a hack or exploit or whatever Anet will look into it, spamming it on different forums asking for an entire guild to get banned is petty though.

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

How does one target the inside of a keep while right up against the outer wall with a superior arrow cart ?

Zoom hack is all over the place, every server has players that use it.

Attachments:

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

People played WvW this week? Looks at next weeks patch

I feel so rested

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Volcanus.2756

Only thing with next week, we will have a ton of players come back to it as well as new players coming out. Get ready for some queue times.

Burstz-Warrior
Damage Inc. [DI]
Isle of Janthir

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Cryptik.7298

Cryptik.7298

So earlier I posted a pic about ppl draining JQ supply in garri when we needed it most. Update: Its on every freakin map… WTF

Attachments:

SlevenTen
[NS] – DragonBrand
Night Shîft Guild Leader

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Kreamy.1946

Kreamy.1946

I saw that first hand when part of a push on JQ Garrison some hours ago. The amount of rams littering the inner area was nuts. It’s kitten, and is totally not in the spirit of how the game should be played.

I realise its futile to try and get through to whoever is doing this, but – just stop, whoever you are.

[TKG] Kreamy

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: AdliBot.4718

AdliBot.4718

Score update for us stuck in real life would be much appreciated.

Good work for the guys working with other servers for the screenshot score update. Anything to reduce the hostility here

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Fixeon.5076

Fixeon.5076

It’s sad and pathetic that people do that sort of thing, just to stir up trouble and cause drama. But trolls will be trolls. In any case, looks like BG is making a big push tonight to try and take 1st…. Will JQ answer? Guess I shall find out when I wake up.

Fixeon – Guardian
Umberage of Death – Thief
~~~Sanctum of Rall~~~

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: globe.7238

globe.7238

Current update, map shot included

Attachments:

Imminent Demise » [iD] « Blackgate

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Talentless.5708

Talentless.5708

This post is just code for I dont know how to play gw2 well.

Talentless Necro – Talentless Engineer
Jade Quarry – Strike Force | Wilsonian Institute
new video pending: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDVc34_SFKM&feature=youtu.be

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Mewkin.4028

Mewkin.4028

We were siege-capped for a while, our supply being continuously used as 2 people would lay down more rams every time our total siege decreased. We could not freely place as much offensive or defensive siege as we wanted, but this is nothing new and it has probably been talked to death by now. A few people, whether they be enemy spies or troll-minded allies, could so easily sabotage a server’s efforts. Because of this, it is very likely that no decent chunk of another server’s forces could or should take any negativity from this.

Today BG and SoR had been making efforts to take our garrison for longer than I can say, and when one of our walls went down, we thought at least a few of the rams would soon be destroyed, allowing us more freedom to place even more useful siege. That’s not what happened, though.

This large coordinated group roamed around our garrison for an hour, frequently going into the cubby, attacking us and the few siege that could disrupt their plans, but during that time they completely avoided the rams. They avoided fighting near the rams and they even avoided attacking our forces while we were close to the rams. I eventually thought I could stand on a ram and avoid taking anything other than single target damage when the times called for it, turns out I actually could.

Up until that point all I witnessed were incidents which only required one person at a time. I don’t mean to whine, it was just disappointing to see a very large group composed of many guildies/commander from FEAR and CDS taking full advantage of a couple of people abusing the system in their favor and contributing to the problem by allowing it to persist. You guys are part of a respectable enemy server, even if there’s a lot of kitten-talking, many of us still like the fights we have. You might not care, I just wanted to put this out here because I had too much time on my hands.

Well I guess that’s enough of my rambling. :l

Attachments:

Zant – Jade Quarry – EMP
Professional Dingus

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Yeah…some of those are pretty hard to avoid without explicit instructions to not touch them…

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Volcanus.2756

Should set up something with another guild on BG or SOR to break down the wall and wipe all the siege out, and then leave untouched.

Burstz-Warrior
Damage Inc. [DI]
Isle of Janthir

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: AdliBot.4718

AdliBot.4718

If problems abt the rams persist, maybe you should talk to some of your contacts from sor and bg. Port them into garrison to destroy those rams. Two invaders should be enough.

Id love to help but im at work right now

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

Had a lot of fun tonight. BG snagged ogrewatch from us, and while 15 of them were busy on the walls shooting down at the SoR outside, we ninjad inside and took the tower right under their noses and before they could even notice.

Was quite hilarious and fun!

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Should set up something with another guild on BG or SOR to break down the wall and wipe all the siege out, and then leave untouched.

We were actually killing the rams until JQ pushed out and wiped most of us, so much for good sportsmanship in this match up.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Eliteseraph.4970

Eliteseraph.4970

All I have to say is: kitten BG. Way to push hard for first place!

I know we here on SoR tried to make a fight of it early, but I don’t know what you guys did to get such a massive turnout of WvW players. Will be very interesting to see how close the final score between JQ and BG is.