3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

So… Did BP get new oceanic players or something?

I have no idea, I hope it wasn’t people pulling an all nighter, Cause that simply won’t pan out in the long run. Every now and then a clutch late nighter sure, but “don’t sleep” is not a good strategy to rely on.

Look at the PPT evolution it seems it has to be more than all nighters. 15 minutes ago BP at +565? Ouch. Something must have changed in at least one of the servers.

Edit:

Spring Break

Ooh, forgot about that one.

Ah maybe that is it? I would think it would help all three servers to a similar degree?

I dunno Some people like to claim they have more working class citizens in times like these. There is no objective way of measuring it, hence why he said it was speculation. I remember when we beat YB during one of the weeks of Christmas break, they basically speculated the same thing.

Yeah but YB has always whined pretty hard about anything that doesn’t seem in their favor… like us, but there’s more of them :P

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Kalkz.5297

Kalkz.5297

pretty much.

they’ll night cap you with no one defending, and then loudly pat themselves on the back for it.

good siegers i guess. horrible fighters.

i feel bad for their night crew, i dont think they see more then 5-6 enemies on an entire map usually.

Choo Choo here comes the BP karma train!

Hahaha sorry, the next time we see your stuff undefended we will wait infront of your keeps for you " the BRAVE Fighters to show off so we can have a battle" For gods sake dont make me laugh even more, you got smashed, deal with it and stop crying

Borlis Pass Commander Kalkz [BS]
Original Former of Borlis Savers
Leader Of : http://youtube.com/kaotichq

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Archer.1658

Archer.1658

pretty much.

they’ll night cap you with no one defending, and then loudly pat themselves on the back for it.

i feel bad for their night crew, i dont think they see more then 5-6 enemies on an entire map usually.

Hahaha sorry, the next time we see your stuff undefended we will wait infront of your keeps for you " the BRAVE Fighters to show off so we can have a battle" For gods sake dont make me laugh even more, you got smashed, deal with it and stop crying

So Pvgating is smashing the opponent in what way? The points gained are from pvgating are they not? So why are you getting offended by this if it is true? All servers pvgate at some point, but the good ones don’t brag about it. If you’d like to test how good you are PM me for some fight club, if you are on later today, if you can handle being smash’d commander otherwise stop crying about being a pvgater.

Note: I say if because 99% of the people usually dodge my challenge, will you be the 1%?

Çookies – Mesmer – [GF]/Ebay
Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Faux Sheaux.6179

I could go for some fight club. Those are always fun.

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

I could go for some fight club. Those are always fun.

I want to test out my Necro in fight club, to bad i get home late today

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Wizardauz.3761

Wizardauz.3761

Ahhhh [BS]

so now i know who to farm on the open field.

I’d challenge you to a 5v5 or a 10v10 but i pretty much already know the answer im going to get from that.

Hey man, you pat yourself on the back for setting down siege, press #1 button 300 times, and fightin them NPCs >.<

I didnt get smashed, i was asleep lol. You didnt smash anything besides a wooden gate lolol.

if i wasnt so busy selling all this loot and depositing all these badges all the time i might be able to make some time to come give you some love

And yeah, Ebay is Gary Oak

Attachments:

Ehmry Bay – Good Fights Guild Leader
Lvl 80 Sylvari Guardian – Tzenjin [GF]
Lvl 80 Human Elementalist – Tzenkai [GF]

(edited by Wizardauz.3761)

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: TheAngryLuddite.1834

TheAngryLuddite.1834

I don’t think anyone outside of BP was really expecting that Monday a.m. change-up/retaliation.

Up to that point, most folks seemed to agree it was a pretty shockingly even match-up.

In light of that, the 20k lead upon waking was a bit of a brick drop moment – hence the forum-kitten-splosion.

As for that golem rush, well, as someone tagging along, it seemed like an all-in-good-fun-before-bed sort of thing at the time, and not so much worthy of: “I WILL GRIND YOU AND YOUR EVERY GRAND CHILD INTO DUST.”

Who are you BP, America?

O-:

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Dark Aidget.3879

Dark Aidget.3879

End result was all the pugs flocking to where golems were spotted and it seeming like we had a large, coordinated golem rush at 2AM. Pugs disperse as soon as the bay’s taken, frustrated commander doesn’t want to even try to deal with them, and BP now has a large group in one place with nothing else to do than move forward.

Pretty much, but you have to add that we were also pumped, perturbed, and paranoid…

I’m just surprised to see all the backlash it’s getting.

So were we. We get attacked by a large force at 2am, mustered a large force at 2am, and were disparaged the next day?

Congrats BP. I’m really interested in seeing if this vigor your server has had this week is just a temporary thing or if it’s the real deal.

Thanks. So are we.

Honestly, we’re already proud of what we’ve accomplished. If we get our kittens waxed for the rest of the week, we’d still be stoked. Also? There’s no way Anvil Rock would have allowed us to get a 30k lead by Monday. Something is goofy in this tier.

[Arr][GOAT]

(edited by Dark Aidget.3879)

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Fraeg.9837

Fraeg.9837

pretty much.

So Pvgating is smashing the opponent in what way? The points gained are from pvgating are they not? So why are you getting offended by this if it is true? All servers pvgate at some point, but the good ones don’t brag about it. If you’d like to test how good you are PM me for some fight club, if you are on later today, if you can handle being smash’d commander otherwise stop crying about being a pvgater.

Note: I say if because 99% of the people usually dodge my challenge, will you be the 1%?

Apples and oranges in play style, neither one is more valid. Kalkz’s posting style might be colorful, but at the end of the day he does a job not many want: herding kittens in Eternal B. A “come at me bro” response on your part is going to go nowhere.

Just because someone does not play the game the same way you do that does not mean their play style is invalid. That applies to the soloers, the 5 mans, the fight clubbers, the guild groups, the large scale wvw croud, and the massive huge 3 way Stonemist folks.

Wyverz – Asura – Mesmer
Xynobia – Asura – Necro
|Gnaw| |BB| |dO| |SOUL| – NSP

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Sumwun.3846

Sumwun.3846

Borlis Pass attacking us at night when no ones on.
Devonas Rest attacking us and our supply camps while we try to attack back.

Keep it up bads.

PS. No one likes Ash Ketchum and Pikachu never evolves which means you will never go up a tier so long as you are with Ash Ketchum AKA Borlis Pass.

I am so happy you broke that insult down for us, because I was like, “Cool! We are an adorable little blue thing attacking Bloris from the Side while EBay hit’s them straight on. This insult makes no sense…” But now I see the sense! and now I know we are just little cute bads.

in WvW. where we use tactics, and coordinated rallies and points make happen

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: divzy.8635

divzy.8635

Man so many sore Ebayers here today. You should listen to them oceanic players! Just don’t play during your time so it’s more fair to people playing in ours! Quit being super selfish!

Mittens/Smash Faces
Borlis Pass

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Brennus.1435

Brennus.1435

Borlis Pass attacking us at night when no ones on.
Devonas Rest attacking us and our supply camps while we try to attack back.

Keep it up bads.

So, I’m guessing if you see a tower or a keep with no one defending it you tell your group about honor and fair fights and sit and wait for an equal amount of defenders? Or if you notice your enemy is busy with another enemy you’ll simply wait for them to come back before you attack supply camps? Most of the things you mentioned are time tested and valued war tactics. Sun Tzu was a bad.

Applying ancient war tactics to a game of Guild Wars 2 WvW, you should be awarded a noble prize you know that?

Attacking someone where they’re weak is common knowledge and is always applicable. Someone whining about night caps, has a weakness that’s being used against them whether purposefully or inadvertantly. It’s that simple.

“Everyone is born a 5 signet Warrior,
what we become later only depends
on how hard we try and how good we want to become.” -HannaDeFreitas

(edited by Brennus.1435)

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Fathom.5684

Fathom.5684

This is an honest question to EB and DR:

Why is BP getting so much heat for “PvDoor”, would you guys not do the same?

I’m not trying to start any more fighting or bickering here trust me, lol. I enjoy the fighting this week and I will continue to enjoy it for the rest of the week. Both EB and DR have been a welcome site compare to fighting rivals AR for 2 months straight, got old after 3 weeks lol.

I was not there when BP took everything I really wish I was because it seem like a fun time to me. In all fairness the winning team will always brag because they are “winning”, it’s fighting. I wouldn’t seem surprise to see either EB and DR on the forums talking about the lead because that’s what happens, in that situation I would log on and go right after you guys, so come on guys lets get back too it.

From a BP Player:

I enjoy the fighting so keep it up EB and DR.
See you guys out there.

Fathomn – Borlis Pass (Commander)
Collegium Mae Requlae Maea -Leader

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

Pretty sad all the excuses bandied about by Ebay and there terrible performance this 24 hours. Its Portal Bombing, Over Zerging, PvD, Ebay being nice and takign it easy, Ebay wanting to try the lesser tiers, Ebay (who were known for 24/7 WvW) sleeping, and anything else they can use to try and besmirch the server thats winning.

If you want just flat out fights and no siege… go do SPvP, you just look sad and ridiculous telling those of us who play at siege warfare in a game that has this mechanic designed for it.

Go complain to Anet for not shutting the WvW server down when you need sleepy time. The forces in BP last night are and were the same guys who are there at night every night. there were very few “New” players or names i did not recognize.

Fact of the matter is BP went into this match up hoping for a 2nd place finish (might still happen) but we have seen that Ebay is a bunch of whiners, the best that they can do is PvF (Player vs. Forum). So maybe when we are consuming all of your borderlands you should stop posting snarky comments and concentrate and holding your keep better.

Devona’s Rest i have tons of respect for your server, yes we took alot of your stuff last night but you held your own in alot of areas. i Hope DR is not subjected to another Ebay match up, no one deserves being whined to death by the currently loser server.

Thanks to all who played the past 4 days, its been amazingly fun. Kalkz, EZ, Justice, and all the rest, you guys make this game fun for me and literally hundreds of other BP WvW players, thank you.

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Luzano.6983

Luzano.6983

In this thread:

BP- Get smashed Ebay! We love being so good at siege and we will wipe you off the face of T5 and after that the Earth! LOOK AT THE SCORE RIGHT NOW.

Ebay- We just want good fights. 1v1 BRO? lol PvD.

DR- Something about portals. How to spell Magrroombra?

[GF] / [Guam] Alaiii – Jackie Lautchang – Luzano

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

Pretty sad all the excuses bandied about by Ebay and there terrible performance this 24 hours. Its Portal Bombing, Over Zerging, PvD, Ebay being nice and takign it easy, Ebay wanting to try the lesser tiers, Ebay (who were known for 24/7 WvW) sleeping, and anything else they can use to try and besmirch the server thats winning.

If you want just flat out fights and no siege… go do SPvP, you just look sad and ridiculous telling those of us who play at siege warfare in a game that has this mechanic designed for it.

Go complain to Anet for not shutting the WvW server down when you need sleepy time. The forces in BP last night are and were the same guys who are there at night every night. there were very few “New” players or names i did not recognize.

Fact of the matter is BP went into this match up hoping for a 2nd place finish (might still happen) but we have seen that Ebay is a bunch of whiners, the best that they can do is PvF (Player vs. Forum). So maybe when we are consuming all of your borderlands you should stop posting snarky comments and concentrate and holding your keep better.

Devona’s Rest i have tons of respect for your server, yes we took alot of your stuff last night but you held your own in alot of areas. i Hope DR is not subjected to another Ebay match up, no one deserves being whined to death by the currently loser server.

Thanks to all who played the past 4 days, its been amazingly fun. Kalkz, EZ, Justice, and all the rest, you guys make this game fun for me and literally hundreds of other BP WvW players, thank you.

You know you’re the only person that calls me EZ.

It’s true, on Friday before reset, we were all like, “Okay, so we’re playing for 2nd, everyone clear?”. Then on Saturday morning we saw that we were close and we were like, "..This the best they got..? ".

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

In this thread:

BP- Get smashed Ebay! We love being so good at siege and we will wipe you off the face of T5 and after that the Earth! LOOK AT THE SCORE RIGHT NOW.

Let’s be honest. Ebay thought they will dominate this tier and move back up to tier 4.

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Faux Sheaux.6179

Sounds like a lot of harsh words towards a lot of EBay players who never even think of the forums.

Calm down. You’re taking maybe three players and making their voices those of an entire server. You’re just as bad as them if those are the only ones you want to respond to.

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Gothahm.6274

Gothahm.6274

It’s true, on Friday before reset, we were all like, “Okay, so we’re playing for 2nd, everyone clear?”. Then on Saturday morning we saw that we were close and we were like, "..This the best they got..? ".

Crap I missed the memo…I was playing for 3rd…doh!

Cinfu-Asuran Mesmer
Gothahm-Human Guardian
[HoA] House of Ahm/Borlis Pass

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: ExVoodoo.7586

ExVoodoo.7586

Do note that Ebay lost WvW Guilds in the last mass transfer before Anet reset the rankings. I’m not making up an excuse for why Ebay is losing, nor am I saying BP got lucky, etc. etc.

But coming into this match up thinking that Ebay is as strong as they were before isn’t accurate. We may have had a 24/7 crew before, but we don’t now. The whining is going to Happen, a higher tier server is dropping because of our loss of numbers and the ones who stayed aren’t used to it.

I simply request that you don’t subject Ebay to the few whiners on this forum. (4-5 people maybe?) There is still a lot of respectful players here on Ebay and I’m sure we would not want to be grouped up in the same catagory with those full of disrespect.

Just know there is still plenty of people on Ebay who respect others, know how to have a good time, and understand how warfare and WvW works. You must do what it takes to win, that’s how war is. Ebay isn’t as great as it once was, but that doesn’t mean we’re out of the fight yet.

Congrats to BP on taking the lead, but don’t think it’s over yet. We still have over half the week ahead of us.

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Wow.

Dunno wtf to say about this gem we got here….GF?

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Luzano.6983

In this thread:

Let’s be honest. Ebay thought they will dominate this tier and move back up to tier 4.

All I see is a known troll lol and many other Ebay people talking about good fights up until the stupid PvD thing (which is what I teased my own server about).

I know we definitely aren’t making points our only priority or expecting to dominate. Look at the countless match up threads talking about about roaming community and how we fight outside of walls a lot because it’s actually FUN. I mean we have guild named [Good Fights] lol. What we expected was good fights especially coming from DR’s ADBStyNoQQ since we have a history with them.

I think in general many people aren’t going balls to the wall in WvW here because they are either burnt out, doing pve/guild missions, or waiting on the big march patch.

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Do note that Ebay lost WvW Guilds in the last mass transfer before Anet reset the rankings. I’m not making up an excuse for why Ebay is losing, nor am I saying BP got lucky, etc. etc.

I think the surprising part is that Ehmry has been in T5 several times since paid transfers and has stomped the bracket in those matches.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Luzano.6983

Also, all of the complainers magically forget the people posting in this thread about how they having a blast with all the fighting over SM(page 1+2), or how this week has been one of the best weeks (from Straegen), best matchups (Mauhdib), or great roaming(Dream in a Dream).

And that’s not even all of the posts lol.

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Might be a lack of motivation. What would be the reward for EBay winning this tier? There really isn’t much to look forward to moving up a tier from this point on unless you are on a stacked server going all the way up to T2 or T1.

I’ve been saying for awhile that several of the servers below us (DR) are stronger than us since our mass exodus but there were tier-locked in close matches. I bet AR is stronger than DR right now as well. I’m not surprised at all by BP beating DR, although I am surprised at the differential with EBay since I thought they had better coverage.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

In this thread:

Didn’t you guys think the same thing…, not so many months ago?

-K

-K

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Gothahm.6274

Gothahm.6274

But coming into this match up thinking that Ebay is as strong as they were before isn’t accurate. We may have had a 24/7 crew before, but we don’t now. The whining is going to Happen, a higher tier server is dropping because of our loss of numbers and the ones who stayed aren’t used to it.

I feel for you guys…I really do. Trust me when I say BP has been there and it was ugly. Truth is (Sorry AR) Ebay is the server I like most after BP because it was my beta server. Ultimately, we [HoA] settled here and I couldn’t be happier and honored to fight along side such a wonderful server. I really wish the best for Ebay and hope the lost of guilds doesn’t hurt your guys too much.

I simply request that you don’t subject Ebay to the few whiners on this forum. (4-5 people maybe?) There is still a lot of respectful players here on Ebay and I’m sure we would not want to be grouped up in the same catagory with those full of disrespect.

Just know there is still plenty of people on Ebay who respect others, know how to have a good time, and understand how warfare and WvW works. You must do what it takes to win, that’s how war is. Ebay isn’t as great as it once was, but that doesn’t mean we’re out of the fight yet.

All we ask is for the same. However, and I think you’ll agree with me, all we can really do is read, sigh and then log in and play to have fun (our way).

Congrats to BP on taking the lead, but don’t think it’s over yet. We still have over half the week ahead of us.

Now that’s the post I’ve been waiting for…game on! and you’re right…it’s not over by a long shot. I’m still playing for 3rd (er 2nd) but I’ll be kitten if I don’t try my hardest for 1st! Along with my Borlis pals of course.

Cinfu-Asuran Mesmer
Gothahm-Human Guardian
[HoA] House of Ahm/Borlis Pass

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Faux Sheaux.6179

I think the surprising part is that Ehmry has been in T5 several times since paid transfers and has stomped the bracket in those matches.

We hit 11th in ranks which was the best we’ve ever been as well. That’s the highest we were when BP, RP, SM, ToFu, TTD, HIRE, and the others were still on the server. So, to contradict my teammate here, I have to disagree that we are on the downswing.

With that said, I haven’t been seeing as many people in WvW this week and we lost the queue on our home borderland at reset within an hour (it took at least 2 hours while we were in T4). Maybe people are burnt out? Who knows. I’ve been enjoying the fights, but I kind of feel like we are missing a lot of bodies that had been around while we were being stomped time after time again in T4.

(edited by Faux Sheaux.6179)

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Fraeg.9837

Well I’m EZ-E
I got golems galore
You may have a lot of golems,
But I got much more
Wit my super duper group coming out to shoot…..

Guess I am dating myself there

Wyverz – Asura – Mesmer
Xynobia – Asura – Necro

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

Well I’m EZ-E
I got golems galore
But I got much more

EZ E was sellout.. just saying you might not wanna compare yourself to him.

-K

-K

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Luzano.6983

Well I’m EZ-E
I got golems galore
But I got much more

Spitting that Hot Lava
But I’m not a rapper.

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Kiliaan.1934

Kiliaan.1934

BP is kicking kitten with the score, Period it isn’t an opinion it is a fact. It is an upset no one expected and Ebay is scrambling for an excuse as to how the kitten this could have happened. For my fellow EBay players that are trying to protect us with those excuses think about how lame we will sound if BP takes this match and continues up a tier in time, give credit where it is due. BP thus far has proven to have a much stronger force during our off hours period, will it continue? Lets find out.

If BP fills the queue when no one else is on, what are they supposed to do? They will do what any of us would do, take everything in sight. PvD you can’t blame them for that when there was no one on to defend those doors.

With all that said, I know ebay has thus far taken it easy this week and we have been running more casual than usual, it is our fault for underestimating BP.

In open field and tactics I have always been impressed with how ebay as a sever has been able to do more with less. It’s your turn to not underestimate us. GL out there.

Xeviel [GF] – Ehmry Bay

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Fraeg.9837

Well I’m EZ-E
I got golems galore
But I got much more

-K

I am not Evilzara, only reason I posted that was because I had no clue who the OP was talking about when they thanked EZ. In our team speak we just say “Zara”

Which incidentally is my niece’s name, and given that she is three years old, is in no danger of selling out anytime soon. Though my brother is probably sick of hearing the toy Husqvarna chainsaw I gave her.

But I digress

Wyverz – Asura – Mesmer
Xynobia – Asura – Necro

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: CreamyGoodness.3974

CreamyGoodness.3974

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/53714/gw100.jpg

Really?

Where the hell was this BP when you were in T6?

-K

LOL nice screenshot. I especially like the whisper with some genius tactic of taking the SS camp when there’s 10 of us having fight club right next to it. That’s one of the rules of fight club, you have to leave if two guardians are fighting over 10 minutes and someone caps the ss camp! Also, don’t kill Dolyaks walking through fight club. When we down you, we can’t stop the Dolyak from stomping you, and that kind of death is just embarassing.

Kleo Harmattan [Orr] & [LEXS]
SBI

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Sumwun.3846

Sumwun.3846

-K

Cube was/is better AND wrote some of E’s best stuff.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

I’ll be curious to see how the marathon lasts now that the Weekend Sprint is over. In the long slog against Anvil Rock and Northern Shiverpeaks, Borlis Pass was always neck and neck with them before the weekdays and then we pulled away by fairly good margins. The same happened when we traded NSP with DH

So really, we are on top of our game during the work week rather then the weekend. Whether that trend continues though, we’ll have to see.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

This thread is so weird… I haven’t seen so many trolls and angry responses about inconsequential things from EBay or it’s enemy since we faced Maguuma before their rise in ranks.

Maybe it would help BP understand the whining if I gave some background. Last week my guild opened the vaults and spent like gold was going out of style upgrading and buying siege, our commanders stayed on longer than they ever do and stayed more focused than normal – all to make a real charge at taking 2nd in T4, only to have it all repeatedly ripped away by the nightly pain train when we had no one left to defend. We weren’t the only ones to dedicate the effort last week either, but because our guild is large and well funded it didn’t hurt as badly as it would have to smaller guilds. What you are seeing is likely the frustration boiling over after already facing that same tactic 3 weeks in a row. If you are fortunate enough to rise up to T4, it wouldn’t be shocking to see your servers members posting the same things almost word for word in the eventual Mag/CD/BP thread.

Not that I am condoning the posts, they are still pointless, but if you see the reason behind the frustration maybe you will save yourself the trouble of getting defensive and lashing back out at them.

I had forgotten about Spring Break too… I’ll hold out hope that this is the reason we seem to be having trouble doing anything at all, but I guess only time will tell.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Stop being reasonable. I just got back from the store with a megapack of Orville Redenbacher’s popcorn.

Attachments:

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Fraeg.9837

This thread is so weird… I haven’t seen so many trolls and angry responses about inconsequential things from EBay or it’s enemy since we faced Maguuma before their rise in ranks.

Maybe it would help BP understand the whining if I gave some background. Last week my guild opened the vaults and spent like gold was going out of style upgrading and buying siege, our commanders stayed on longer than they ever do and stayed more focused than normal – all to make a real charge at taking 2nd in T4, only to have it all repeatedly ripped away by the nightly pain train when we had no one left to defend. We weren’t the only ones to dedicate the effort last week either, but because our guild is large and well funded it didn’t hurt as badly as it would have to smaller guilds. What you are seeing is likely the frustration boiling over after already facing that same tactic 3 weeks in a row. If you are fortunate enough to rise up to T4, it wouldn’t be shocking to see your servers members posting the same things almost word for word in the eventual Mag/CD/BP thread.

Not that I am condoning the posts, they are still pointless, but if you see the reason behind the frustration maybe you will save yourself the trouble of getting defensive and lashing back out at them.

I had forgotten about Spring Break too… I’ll hold out hope that this is the reason we seem to be having trouble doing anything at all, but I guess only time will tell.

I hear you

I still walk knock kneed after what Dragonbrand did to us in December. And I would like to think the rest of the server remembers the price of hubris.

BP lost guilds mid-fight to both DB and Maguuma which helped kick us into our downward spiral. We have crawled back up a bit, but sooner or later we will hit the ceiling. And when we do, the likelihood is that some of us will make posts on the forum blaming the crosswind, the dog ate our homework, the check is in the mail, or. “Look, a squirrel!”

Wyverz – Asura – Mesmer
Xynobia – Asura – Necro

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Brennus.1435

Brennus.1435

BP is kicking kitten with the score, Period it isn’t an opinion it is a fact. It is an upset no one expected and Ebay is scrambling for an excuse as to how the kitten this could have happened. For my fellow EBay players that are trying to protect us with those excuses think about how lame we will sound if BP takes this match and continues up a tier in time, give credit where it is due. BP thus far has proven to have a much stronger force during our off hours period, will it continue? Lets find out.

If BP fills the queue when no one else is on, what are they supposed to do? They will do what any of us would do, take everything in sight. PvD you can’t blame them for that when there was no one on to defend those doors.

With all that said, I know ebay has thus far taken it easy this week and we have been running more casual than usual, it is our fault for underestimating BP.

In open field and tactics I have always been impressed with how ebay as a sever has been able to do more with less. It’s your turn to not underestimate us. GL out there.

I like posts like this. And this isn’t over yet any way, we (BP) could still be knocked down, we have more than half the week left.

“Everyone is born a 5 signet Warrior,
what we become later only depends
on how hard we try and how good we want to become.” -HannaDeFreitas

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: LAD Infinitum.1675

LAD Infinitum.1675

This thread has taken a decidedly negative turn recently, and as some others have expressed, I’d really like to see it stay positive and constructive. Pursuant of that, I’d like to clear a few things up (and I am saying this as much to my own server as to DR and EBay):

First of all, I’d like to apologize on behalf of Borlis for any chest-pounding that may be perceived coming from us on these forums. You have to understand that we were quite broken in WvW after our last venture in Tier 5, getting trampled by Dragonbrand, Ehmry Bay, and Maguuma and losing two of our prominent WvW guilds in the process. Hence, the little success we’ve tasted so far this time around has been like a shot of “special” Kool-Aid … and that can do weird things to people and how they behave haha

The bravado you may be seeing (possibly brought about by some recent PvD’ing) is not about the PvD’ing itself; it is about getting a point lead and some vindication at a Tier that so thoroughly thrashed us last time around. There were certainly insecurities about coming back to T5 (rumors of throwing the match to stay in T6 abounded last week), and so it is very gratifying / liberating to see that we can have some success here.

The above also explains part of the story as to why we are doing well (band-wagoning), but not all of it.

Let’s be honest, a huge (and perhaps grudging) thank you has to be made to Anvil Rock. The “Brolis Rock” matches that have characterized much of our WvW’ing since release have been a real trip, and when we did fall back to T6 from T5 at the start of the new year, they were there waiting for us with open arms. The familiar opponent we found in AR was a big part of our rehabilitation, though I don’t think either of us will admit to just how much we’ve helped each other learn and improve, especially in the recent matches (I’d expect them to be making an appearance in T5 soon!). I kind of suspect there’s been T5 level-play going on in T6 for a while now, though this has largely remained concealed by Glicko locking us there. Along with NSP’s notorious roamers (here’s looking at you, PAXA and Envy) keeping everyone honest, things were often very intense.

I don’t think that our resurgence can be attributed to any significant guild pick-ups … unless I’ve really been missing something out there, the only pick-up we’ve had was a small guild, TTA, from FC a few weeks ago. Also, I don’t think that spring break plays any bigger role for us than it would for DR / EBay, but that’s just my intuition.

What I think can be cited for our performance is that those left in the wake of the first T5 disaster have stepped up, improved, and worked hard bringing more home-grown numbers into WvW. Just about everyone with an ego that got in the way before either left or has (mostly) gotten over it. Consequently, as a server we’ve become much more cohesive and friendly (generally speaking) through interactions on a variety of extra-Tyrian mediums. Finally, as much as we love (cough) AR, the matchup was a bit tired, and I think the move up to T5 brought back a lot of people that had grown bored of the typical grind in T6.

So again, I just want to emphasize, take everything that is said here with a grain of salt. We are all operating within a different context (server history, personal experience playing the game, preferred experience playing the game, etc), so there are bound to be differences, but I think the fact that we are all here on a forum should guarantee that we are at least open-minded about this and able to discuss it on civil terms.

Also, I would love to learn what I can from those of you on DR / EBay that pride yourselves on playing your classes well (Archer, KStudios, others?). I cannot guarantee you a particularly thrilling or glorious fight (I’m WvW born and raised), but if you see me online, send me a whisper or maybe I’ll whisper you! If I’m not doing guild stuff, hopefully I can join you for some sparring. Yes, I play a D/D – SB thief … but please don’t judge and give me a chance! I can at least guarantee I am not a glass cannon and do not use Basilisk Venom / Assassin’s Signet or other gimmicky 1v1 tricks (though maybe a lot of stealth…).

Anyway, I’ve already probably exceeded the threshold of what people will be willing to read, so I’ll end with a tl;dr:

It is an honor to fight you all, and I hope we can learn a lot from each other this week and in the future.

Always,
Kyle Finnegan
General of [EDGE]
Borlis Pass

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Luzano.6983

of “special” Kool-Aid

It is an honor to fight you all, and I hope we can learn a lot from each other this week and in the future.

+ 1 lol

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

I missed these long posts…

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Kalkz.5297

Kalkz.5297

Sooo DR Just went at my overlook with 2 golems, Should i return the favor with 20 golems … Mhmmmm

Borlis Pass Commander Kalkz [BS]
Original Former of Borlis Savers
Leader Of : http://youtube.com/kaotichq

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Archer.1658

You know absolutely nothing about Ebay. Ebay was never known for 24/7 coverage, not even close. Even when we were a solid t4 server we had maybe two oceanic guilds lol and no day crew at all besides one guild. The fact you direct people who are superior in open combat to sPvP is hilarious, it’s kind of like saying “we can’t compete in terms of skill, so go find it elsewhere”. WvW isn’t just about sieging, in fact you can play it how you want, so whats wrong with embracing your pvgating methods? I don’t care if you do, but it certainly doesn’t mean you are superior in any way. So where is the whining? Yeah all servers pvgate at some point, but Ebay has never bragged about it, and called it “smashing”. Get over yourself. Stick to your trebs, while I stick to smashing your teammates in the open field.

Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Pentzski.4620

Pentzski.4620

Just saw a DR Guild under the tag of ECHO with the name “Omg we r so pro guyz” and had a laugh at that. I can only imagine what Echo squad did to annoy this person.

Lilliàna – Mesmer
Leader of Nameless Accord [NA]
Maguuma

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Archer.1658

Just saw a DR Guild under the tag of ECHO with the name “Omg we r so pro guyz” and had a laugh at that. I can only imagine what Echo squad did to annoy this person.

They probably got roflstomped by them, and as consequence, made it in anger, as ECHO is usually very respectful in combat. Either that or they mad jelly~

Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: DtC.4806

DtC.4806

Not at all true, in the reset meeting we all agreed to play for first because its been 2 months since we faced eachother and things change, never play for 2nd or u will never come 1st, we said we are pushing for 1st but assuming we may come in 2nd

Main: Ominous Justice (DtC)
Guild: Ominous Threat
Server: Fort Aspenwood

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Wizardauz.3761

Wizardauz.3761

I saw the tag in the Eternal JP after i heard a rumor but didnt make it up their in time to find them

honestly im flattered tho

Ehmry Bay – Good Fights Guild Leader
Lvl 80 Sylvari Guardian – Tzenjin [GF]
Lvl 80 Human Elementalist – Tzenkai [GF]

3/8 - BP/DR/EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

I saw the tag in the Eternal JP after i heard a rumor but didnt make it up their in time to find them

honestly im flattered tho

My bet is on our WM guild:), but you never know.

Lion of the Wind
RgTg/SoCo