3 out of 4 players is either war or gaurd

in WvW

Posted by: LionZero.3479

LionZero.3479

Could it be that the balance of this game just isn’t that good ?

Or is it something else.

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Or is it something else.

9/10 of that 3/4 is probably Warrior, so everything is right in the world.

in WvW

Posted by: BAEK.8561

BAEK.8561

Or is it something else.

9/10 of that 3/4 is probably Warrior, so everything is right in the world.

In WvW? For me I definitely see more guardians than warriors.

And to be more fair, I’d say about 70 – 80% in WvW are either guardian or warrior.

{Sanctum of Rall} Since Day -3
Weekend Guardian/Elementalist
No Guild Affiliation

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

A big reason for this is survivability. It’s an important thing to have in wvw. And still laugh when wvw people say warriors r op. Use to be they were the second worse class in most people’s minds

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

Oh heavens. I don’t doubt that heavies are popular, but making up ratios isn’t useful. You could focus on builds/playstyles that make them popular, though.

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: LionZero.3479

LionZero.3479

With other people also seeming to see a high percentage on war/gaurd in wvwvw, is this something that is concering or is it something that’s acceptable.

Also is this high ratio because there is lack of counterplay and options? or perhaps because war/gaurd performs the best in a big fights where serverlagg is not uncommon either.

in WvW

Posted by: Senjun.8149

Senjun.8149

He’s right actually maybe even being alittle nice with that 3/4 estimate its prob 4/5

Healing signet and control is the main reason people are running wars, they are heavy duty tank and damage deals with insane mobility, great control and very good condi immunity uptime who don’t even have to worry about hitting the heal button because its always ticking insanely high.

so yeah I’d expect to see alot of them

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

He’s right actually maybe even being alittle nice with that 3/4 estimate its prob 4/5

Healing signet and control is the main reason people are running wars, they are heavy duty tank and damage deals with insane mobility, great control and very good condi immunity uptime who don’t even have to worry about hitting the heal button because its always ticking insanely high.

so yeah I’d expect to see alot of them

At least until one or more of those aspects are nerfed to the ground by Anet…which it’ll probably be the healing.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Yup, Warriors and Guardians are completely out of control. Far too much utility and variety was given to these classes while next to nothing has been given to others. Hell, the entire medium armor segment may as well not even exist outside of roaming right now.

Game lacks any direction or focus and I have no faith in ANet getting it turned around. I mean check out ANet’s responses to the Ranger forum… glaring class issues that have been an issue since day 1 aren’t even on their radar and they have no interest in fixing anything but low hanging fruit in which the class has none.

I’ve got my Warrior I run with now and will have my guardian to 80 by the time the December patch comes around to nerf Warriors (which is just going to move more over to condi/regen as opposed to hammer/crit builds which is just as op.

Warrior, Guardian, Necro, or bust is the name of the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Warrior is just too forgiving to play. You can play like idiot in www and still stay alive. Warrior is like old fotm ele, but do more damage, have more armor and hp and doesn’t care kitten about cc and conditions.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Mizu.9387

Mizu.9387

Depends I guess. Warriors and Guardians are very good in large scale fights, but on the duelling side it’s dominated by thieves and mesmers. Does that mean the game is broken?

Sif Urkraft

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Depends I guess. Warriors and Guardians are very good in large scale fights, but on the duelling side it’s dominated by thieves and mesmers. Does that mean the game is broken?

Yeah I’ve yet to lose to a warrior or guard in a duel, but duels don’t flip towers. That’s when I break out my ninja catas

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

you must be out of touch, warrior is very good for dueling.

All is vain.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

When they run away, yes

in WvW

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

Seeing as how the game has been out for so long and it doesn’t take THAT long to level to 80, people got the memo that you don’t need that much skill to not die being a Warrior/Guard.

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

They are the best classes for zerg fights. Other classes just don’t have the same capabilities in a zerg fight. Other classes may have something to offer but they are probably better suited to small group fights over a full zerg fight.

I really don’t like it when you people complain about this kind of stuff. The only way to get a full representation in a zerg is to make everyone the same. I don’t care for that.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Seeing as how the game has been out for so long and it doesn’t take THAT long to level to 80, people got the memo that you don’t need that much skill to not die being a Warrior/Guard.

Are you saying you need “skill” to survive a zerg fight? As any class?
Seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Hey, our keep lord is dead and the enemy is about to cap it! What do we do?! Banner Res!

Hey, even though we outnumber the enemy group 3-1 they’ve downed more than half of us in one push; what do we do?! Banner Res!
Oh no, they downed half of again in the second push, what now?! Another Banner Res!

Yeah, just count the banners and there’s your answer.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: Zosk.5609

Zosk.5609

I don’t think Guardians are overpowered…and imagine what the game would be like without support Guardians. It’s already bad enough that they are the pretty much the only class capable of putting out solid support/heals in large-scale combat….

Warrior CC is overpowered probably, but again…where are we without it?

Lack of a triad has just led to ‘everybody is DPS’…. the few Elementalists and Guardians trying to run support and the CC Warriors are possibly the only thing keeping WvW combat from becoming a DPS-button-mash-off.

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I don’t think Guardians are overpowered…and imagine what the game would be like without support Guardians. It’s already bad enough that they are the pretty much the only class capable of putting out solid support/heals in large-scale combat….

Warrior CC is overpowered probably, but again…where are we without it?

Lack of a triad has just led to ‘everybody is DPS’…. the few Elementalists and Guardians trying to run support and the CC Warriors are possibly the only thing keeping WvW combat from becoming a DPS-button-mash-off.

Why is so much of the utility given to these 2 classes when so many others bring next to nothing of value to a group? Why would you give a class so much CC while at the same time giving them so many way to be immune to it? It’s like ANet went into this game thinking they’d have half as many classes and a month before launch just threw a couple extras out there for shiggles.

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

look at pve, look at pvp
they keep making changes and adding content that pretty much forces you to play one, otherwise you are up to really fustrating gameplay

i honestly wish, wars and guards would be disabled for a week… so devs suddenly realize how kittened their game is now

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in WvW

Posted by: Valheru Baal.9456

Valheru Baal.9456

Yet Ppl complain about how useless, weak, lacking necromancers are in every part of the game.

Everyone complains is the name of the game.

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Yet Ppl complain about how useless, weak, lacking necromancers are in every part of the game.

Everyone complains is the name of the game.

This is true. Personally I feel Warriors and Guardians are very strong in every mode of the game, while Necromancers excel in PvP and WvW due to the condition metas in those modes. I’d prefer if every class could work out as well in all modes like Guardians and Warriors can.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

Hey, our keep lord is dead and the enemy is about to cap it! What do we do?! Banner Res!

Hey, even though we outnumber the enemy group 3-1 they’ve downed more than half of us in one push; what do we do?! Banner Res!
Oh no, they downed half of again in the second push, what now?! Another Banner Res!

There are other skills from other classes that revive falled allies or NPC’s (keep lord). Necromancer has Signet of Undeath. Elementalist has Glyph of Renewal, Engineer has Toss Elixir R, Ranger has Nature’s Renewal via Spirit of Nature, ect. The Warrior Battle Standard however, is the most obvious and easily recognizable skill of these, specially in a big zerg fight. Now the Battle Standard is on average used more than the others, but its not the only revive skill out there used.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

in WvW

Jayne.9251

There are other skills from other classes that revive falled allies or NPC’s (keep lord). Necromancer has Signet of Undeath. Elementalist has Glyph of Renewal, Engineer has Toss Elixir R, Ranger has Nature’s Renewal via Spirit of Nature, ect. The Warrior Battle Standard however, is the most obvious and easily recognizable skill of these, specially in a big zerg fight. Now the Battle Standard is on average used more than the others, but its not the only revive skill out there used.

Except those skills are only for downed, not dead, party members/keep lords.

Perhaps the solution is making that banner work only on downed, like other class skills?

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Warriors have 2 good elite skills. Battle standard and signet of rage. Battle standard is the more group friendly skill. Signet is nice but it only helps the warrior using it and in group fights, you can typically get buffs that signet is a waste. The other elite skill rampage, sucks. The charr elite is not good either. Can’t speak for other racial skills. Either way, what do you really think you are going to see? We are going to get some use out of that elite skill.

Only difference about that aspect of our elite and other classes ability to raise is we left something behind, the others don’t, at least not anything that I’ve seen.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

in WvW

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Yeah, those ratios are not horribly made up or anything -.- I will say, generally, there are alot of guards/warriors in WvW as far as zergs go. The main reason being the CC meta for running in large groups, and the fact that guardians counter it with group stability. Also factor in the guardians do have some of the best group friendly skill sets and of course they are going to be numerous in groups. The issue though, is that its pretty much all we are really good at, and all we are expected to bring.

As far as roaming goes, thieves/engineers/mesmers are pretty high on that food chain and much more numerous compared to roaming guards/wars. Overall though, it really comes down to group play vs solo play, and with the current meta being a CC/Anti CC battle the two groups that can do either very well are going to be more numerous.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in WvW

Posted by: Garillo.1349

Garillo.1349

Guardians provide support/space control/ stability, but aren’t really known for putting out damage. Warriors have lots of flat mitigation, cc, and damage.

Yes, both classes are versatile and you see a lot of them. However, the other classes all bring great things to the game and we see lots of them too. I think this is a case of forgetting the good and being more fond or remembering the bad. Kit engineers are great support/utility as well as lots of damage; trap rangers are amazing with controlling space; mesmers provide unmatched group mobility; thieves are great for picking off stragglers and scouting.

I really think it comes to the learning curve for characters and what they bring to the table that influences how we perceive their dominance; guardian and warriors being the lowest, whereas a ranger/engi/ele has a much higher learning curve so we don’t see as many perform as consistently well…. This doesn’t mean they aren’t just as OP if played correctly.

Garillo -Guardian ** Dosbox- Engineer
Garillobot- Ranger * Shilombish Hokoffi- Necro
Ahalaia Afabi Sipi- Thief *

in WvW

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

Perhaps the solution is making that banner work only on downed, like other class skills?

Ummmm, Battle Standard works in reviving just like the others, only affects Downed players and dead NPCs. It can not affect dead players.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Ummmm, Battle Standard works in reviving just like the others, only affects Downed players and dead NPCs. It can not affect dead players.

Yes but the other spells you listed do not rez dead anything, just downed.

in WvW

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Really? I always thought it revived a dead lord, which is why I thought there was such a fuss over it. I stand corrected

says on wiki it can revive NPCs that’s defeated

All is vain.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Just play the class you want to play, and who you’re most skilled with, besides every class can be useful in some way, despite the how some classes are able to do stuff alot easier.
Stop worrying about the Meta which as true as it is, until they bring some real balance and diversity in mind for wvw, we’ve just got to play as they intend it to be.

As a Thief I don’t know what they have in mind aboutfor our class as they keep moving the goalposts (Mobility, Evasion, Stealth, Support), but I’ll keep playing my Thief as long as I find it a challenge and fun.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Lol you quoted my old post before I reread the other response.

Still, if they made the warrior rev the same as other class spells it would eliminate the fuss over it would it not?

in WvW

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Lol you quoted my old post before I reread the other response.

Still, if they made the warrior rev the same as other class spells it would eliminate the fuss over it would it not?

Several can res the dead npc.

Npc has too stupid of AI though. If it was possible to control where the lord goes instead of it thinking that it can take on the entire enemy zerg, then I wouldn’t mind it not effecting the lord. However, it is stupid and will often go out of it’s room or totally ignore the rest of the zerg on it’s side and try to do it’s own thing so it is too easy for th enemy zerg to kill and camp.

Besides, these battles are fun and if you can’t take the keep, you are doing something wrong because it possible to win such a fight. Get better or die.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Which other ones can rez dead npcs? I have tried on my Mesmer and necro and it doesn’t work

in WvW

Posted by: Silver.3284

Silver.3284

If 4/5 are war/guard, why do I see so many wells?

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow Phage.9084

Shadow Phage.9084

Which other ones can rez dead npcs? I have tried on my Mesmer and necro and it doesn’t work

Ranger’s Nature Spirit will, if it is within range. And the NPC has to be revive-able in the first place. The random guards like sentries and whatnot will not revive.

in WvW

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

- Heavy armors are generally better designed
- Swords, Greatswords, Shields, Hammers… are generally better designed than magical weapons
- Greatswords look bad*ss and people like looking bad*ss
- People just like hitting things with swords
- People like being able to take hits

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Because people here play WvW mostly on forum. All classes represented in WvW pretty good.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Because people here play WvW mostly on forum. All classes represented in WvW pretty good.

not true. most of the zergs i come across run heavy armor classes and necros. there will be 1 mesmer for veil,tw and portal (and aside from that there really is nothing) and then 3-4 eles for waterfields/firefields and static. everything else is heavy and necro.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

Damage? Check. Survival(both passive and active)? Check. CC? Check. Stability? Check. Mobility? Higher than the bandit class… Check!

Whats not to like about Warriors? Guardians are at least balanced in the sense that if they want to have high passive survival they need to give up some damage, warriors just have all that built right in.

I do not agree with 70-80% of wvw toons being war/guard though, thats ridiculous. In organized zergs I would say it is basically 25% Warrior, 25% guardian, 15% Necro, 35% other. When roaming I would say I see maybe 20% warriors, 15% thieves, 15% rangers, 15% mesmers, 35% others. This is of course my personal experience, and the best numbers my memory can provide.

Warriors are the most numerous because they are easy to learn, and are very powerful. Are they OP? Well, in my opinion, yes. I don’t have anything against the warrior class, but when any class has strengths in damage, survival, mobility, and anti CC’s/conditions, it is going to be OP. Most classes have to give up something to attain either high survival or high damage, I feel that for warriors this is not the case.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

9/10 players are terrible at this game.

War/Guard are the easiest classes to play.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in WvW

Posted by: Kryank.8069

Kryank.8069

If good old bronze league EU the German servers especially Drakkar Lake have loads of Rangers they are everywhere!! It’s quite comical. I use to really struggle against rangers on my Engi but this has improved my play against them no end as I have now had loads of practice.
I mean at least 80% of the players I meat whilst roaming are Rangers.

Proud Member of [TaG] Gunnar’s Hold (EU)
http://www.twitch.tv/kryank
http://www.youtube.com/user/minikryank

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

i think not warr/guard/nec are strong. (btw you need eles and 1-2 mesmers) the others areweak in team play. especialy medium armors.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

As individuals, they are not that strong- the problem comes when you pool them together and they share buffs, etc and then add in OP passive healing and cleansing and the problems start to become obvious.

Not quite sure how they can ‘balance’ this without making them weak in other areas of play.

Maybe give Engineers and Necros a new skill/well called ‘stops regen’ where for 3 seconds anyone crossing the warding line has their regen (passive and active, but not foods) stopped for 10 seconds. Obviously would need tweaking but would be a nice way to stop the current melee meta. Might be a bit OP, but if it was just made into a condition it would fall off so quickly as to be useless. Water fields and blasts would still function so healing would still be there for the skilled players.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Street Peddler.2638

Street Peddler.2638

They are easy classes to play and learn and are immediately effective. I think Guard is far more balanced though. Warriors dont ever have to give up anything like every other class.

in WvW

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

I laugh when someone says they are not strong individually. Maybe guards are more balanced but warriors are totally out of control..
Strong roamers and silly in zerg battles.
And since meta is “bunker aoe brainless spam/CCs everywhere” will be worse day by day.
In a game like this one you can’t give OP tools as individual AND in large groups, there should be a trade off, overall if you consider that almost all these classes are bunkers.
Then you consider the bad combo design and you have the zerg issue bunker meta.

in WvW

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

I don’t know, my thief makes guardians sad hitting them for 5-6k each backstab. Warriors are a bit of a trouble though I agree, too much mobility to catch up while cloaked but most of them are greedy and rather hit the air than running away from a recently-cloaked thief :P

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

A big reason for this is survivability. It’s an important thing to have in wvw. And still laugh when wvw people say warriors r op. Use to be they were the second worse class in most people’s minds

Why do you laugh? It would be funny if nothing was changed about Warriors and peoples opinion went from “lol bad” to “omfg nerf”. That would be hilarious.

But Warriors have changed. Warriors have received significant buffs, several times.

Guardians were always popular because they are fantastic in WvW. CC, boons, hard to kill, and even damage. A guardian can do it all. There was a time when Guardians could block siege with their shields and reflects. Anyway, Guardian is a profession you can stack.

A mesmer or two is very good for a zerg, mandatory even. But you dont need more then a few. Most professions dont scale up very well the more you stack of them. Warriors and Guardians stack up best, and getting another guardian or warrior over more of another profession is almost always better.

And i agree with the idea that its a problem. There are more Warriors than Engineers and Mesmers combined.

in WvW

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

Yeah, a lot of Warrs/Guards are running around, true. But I don’t care, I’m enlisted in another ranks, never gonna change for me

It’s really nice if you down 15 ppl with one ability, no War or Guard can do that

#ELEtism 4ever