Attachments:

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: pita spoon.5708

pita spoon.5708

hilarious.. the music says it all.. i was there for that.. i said.. hi scare.
if only you could have gotten me when i was in the camp and i came out from behind them

Oh dear! That was just great. I wish it had gone longer.

On the same note here is a picture of a few minutes ago inside of GoM Bay. Please ignore the extra FC on the side of the picture that were rolling around with ET; I’m sure they were just lost, and ET was giving them a ride back.

• edit * Grammar

We had about 25 [Agg] on tonight. This picture doesn’t really say much when it’s a mashed group of two enemy server’s players.

If you’re going to call a server out for zerging, don’t post pictures and videos of a guild that fields 20-25 players in a server vs server vs server PvP match-up. Just because you get beaten doesn’t necessarily mean your enemies numbers were greater than yours. Of course that will happen in certain cases, but most of the time we are outnumbered since we tend to roam as just a guild-mates and we play in NA prime time which is when all 3 servers have large groups of players roaming around. We try not to roam with non-guildies if we can help it.

But anyway, nice fighting in GoM bl tonight, guys!

i wonder if you really think it was good fighting in gom bl.. after you guys just took bay from us easily.. then you and fc went after garrison. when you took bay you ran in and took it but at garrison all you guys did was run around in circles. was that intentional? were you really trying to get garrison at that time?? just curiously wondering if you were just messin with us?
edited: just wanted to add i enjoyed watching you and fc do some zerg dueling at windmill

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?
Let’s ask tootsie.

(edited by pita spoon.5708)

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

they run in circles to clear your spread out forces without breaking apart

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

O, i see you right now

Yep, that’s me.

Nice Outfit by the way, and love the Scythe.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

O, i see you right now

Yep, that’s me.

HaHa thanks, im using it till i hit 80, then i have to run SE and HotW a bunch of times to get a new look../shudder pve.

Attachments:

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

To echo Cedrick, this has been one of the most fun reset nights I’ve had in months. FSAE spent 8 hours in EB in glorious back and forth battles with both FC and GoM. Thanks for all the fun times!

I especially enjoy how Stonemist flipped to all the servers throughout the night and we were constantly on the defense. We used huge amounts of siege, died an almost equally large number of times and fought and killed countless invaders and had a blast doing it. I look forward to more of the same for the rest of the week!

<3 FC, <3 GoM!

Enjoy it Belle, and all of you in T8….T7 reset night was bleeeeeeeeeeeeh…..Might have been ok in some maps, but we got introduced to skill lag in EB…Honestly had never seen it before to this extent….We had a 3 way going in SM, and all of us were pretty much on a 2 second delay to activate skills…The game was barely playable, I take that back it was literally unplayable….

My advice is to enjoy and hope to stay in good ol T8 as long as possible…Granted this only has occurred to my knowledge on reset, and on EB….But it obviously has the capability to occur anywhere given the right circumstances are met (pretty much just need a kittenton of people from each server)….I honestly do not know how/why people in higher tiers could/would play this game if that is common.

Mag Server Leader

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: little ceasar.9254

little ceasar.9254

I never understood all the zerg hate. It’s a legitimate strategy just like any other, especially if attacking keeps.

Personally I enjoy a good zerg every once in a while, but for the most part I LOVE it when the other servers are all in one big zerg ball. It’s the perfect opportunity to put together a small ~5 man group and either go on the opposite side of the map, or jump into a different map altogether and wreak havoc on their camps, sentries, and depending on upgrades, towers. Small strike groups are when I have the most fun in WvW.

I say let them run around capping one thing at a time. In the time it took your zerg to cap a tower or two, our two separate 5 man groups capped all the camps in your borderlands, and we’re just about to start siege on your towers

What most in the lower tiers don’t understand is that in tier 1 a “Zerg” was often 100+ running around the map. We were actually considered a small group up there. I think that’s why a lot of people get defensive when a group of 20-25 gets called a Zerg, after all that was what we were trying to leave behind. It is easy to see however, the lower tiers are not use to focused guilds running their numbers in force and how this could be seen as a Zerg here. Difference in perspectives, on a side note anyone that faced SF saw what a Zerg should look like.

Ashr [AGG]RESSION
CD→SoS→BG→ET→DB→JQ→SoS→
Mag→JQ→SoS→JQ→TC→FA→DB→FA→Mag→TC→KN

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

To echo Cedrick, this has been one of the most fun reset nights I’ve had in months. FSAE spent 8 hours in EB in glorious back and forth battles with both FC and GoM. Thanks for all the fun times!

I especially enjoy how Stonemist flipped to all the servers throughout the night and we were constantly on the defense. We used huge amounts of siege, died an almost equally large number of times and fought and killed countless invaders and had a blast doing it. I look forward to more of the same for the rest of the week!

<3 FC, <3 GoM!

Enjoy it Belle, and all of you in T8….T7 reset night was bleeeeeeeeeeeeh…..Might have been ok in some maps, but we got introduced to skill lag in EB…Honestly had never seen it before to this extent….We had a 3 way going in SM, and all of us were pretty much on a 2 second delay to activate skills…The game was barely playable, I take that back it was literally unplayable….

My advice is to enjoy and hope to stay in good ol T8 as long as possible…Granted this only has occurred to my knowledge on reset, and on EB….But it obviously has the capability to occur anywhere given the right circumstances are met (pretty much just need a kittenton of people from each server)….I honestly do not know how/why people in higher tiers could/would play this game if that is common.

I don’t think we need to worry about changes in T8 anytime soon.

It looks like SF and IoJ will trade places soon (this week or next). I don’t think that HoD and NSP will dominate IoJ hard enough to force them down to T8 (although I honestly have no idea how strong IoJ is). So unless IoJ turns out to be really weak, T8 will stay this way for a long time.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

Ported golems and tons of people right up on the roof of Garrison……Yeaa…….Just sayin’

Thats not even 20 people, just sayin’

Oh dear, seems like I can’t count. I was dead, I could not grab the photo of the rest down stairs. But it looked like a clusterbang rush for SM.

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Darkothe.1253

Darkothe.1253

i wonder if you really think it was good fighting in gom bl.. after you guys just took bay from us easily.. then you and fc went after garrison. when you took bay you ran in and took it but at garrison all you guys did was run around in circles. was that intentional? were you really trying to get garrison at that time?? just curiously wondering if you were just messin with us?
edited: just wanted to add i enjoyed watching you and fc do some zerg dueling at windmill

This confused me as well. You all broke in with your Golem army, rushed inside, jumped up on the roof…and then proceeded to get the snot beat out of you by a swarm of angry GoM. Was that part of the plan…or did something go awry? I was fully expecting to lose our Garrison at that push…but you apparently took too long setting up some spectacular finish before we swarmed in and squashed it.

Was a fun fight, but left me scratching my head honestly.

And, to the human mesmer who was continually attempting to port people in past the SW upper gate: Good job. No hard feelings though. I felt bad having to put down a fellow mesmer. But, you were in our house.

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

I prefer small havoc squads, myself. Of course, I mainly WvW on Mesmer or Thief alts.
Both of those tend to work well in a 3-5 man. Although, I’m the weird guy what runs
evasive gunslinger Thief, and condition Mesmer, in a game mode chock full of FotM
builds … so, what do I know?

We evasive gunslinger Thieves play by Highlander rules around here: There can be only one. Now we have to do that thing where we meet up behind the windmill so I can beat you up and take your lunch money.

Though, it’s refreshing to see someone else out there brave enough to play this game on hard mode.

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

O, i see you right now

Yep, that’s me.

HaHa thanks, im using it till i hit 80, then i have to run SE and HotW a bunch of times to get a new look../shudder pve.

I have been wanting to run those dungeons. Look me up.. I have no idea what I am doing.. but I am a guard in full exotic karma

Truth be told tho, I have been moving more into PvE as of late, (Mainly for map completion) so.. always down for something to break up the tedium of “Stomp out the grub nests” LOL

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

This confused me as well. You all broke in with your Golem army, rushed inside, jumped up on the roof…and then proceeded to get the snot beat out of you by a swarm of angry GoM. Was that part of the plan…or did something go awry? I was fully expecting to lose our Garrison at that push…but you apparently took too long setting up some spectacular finish before we swarmed in and squashed it.

And, to the human mesmer who was continually attempting to port people in past the SW upper gate: Good job. No hard feelings though. I felt bad having to put down a fellow mesmer. But, you were in our house.

especially when FC came rolling in too…

Attachments:

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Darkothe.1253

LOL! I was that big, white kitty mesmer next to you in that pic!

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Darek.1836

anyone got videos of AGG vs FSU?

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

We evasive gunslinger Thieves play by Highlander rules around here: There can be only one. Now we have to do that thing where we meet up behind the windmill so I can beat you up and take your lunch money.

Though, it’s refreshing to see someone else out there brave enough to play this game on hard mode.

Silly Bookah. My Thief kills for SCIENCE! Although, she’ll take your lunch money, in order to buy more magitech. Someone has to be Grand Sovereign of Tyria, after all.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Kay.5416

Kay.5416

It’s fun how we are getting a lot of fights with all three servers involved. There was a moment last night when our FC forces had gone up against ET, then suddenly GoM shows up and kicks everybody’s butt. I got to spend some quiet naptime with an ET, it was very peaceful. Tried to join his party but he wouldn’t let me.

Ferguson’s Crossing: Heliolite & handful of others

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: THE Dentist.5960

THE Dentist.5960

Thanks for the fun times in your borderlands FC, I don’t think I’ve ever seen it take so many people to take a camp before =P

LOL, you never have been apart of the SF train. Thats about half of what they normally bring. Keep it up GoM we are pulling for you guys!

VoxL (NSP)
Doom Strykër [Warr] Doom Ryder [Ranger]
Doomku [Guard] Doom Wrack [Mez]

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Thanks for the fun times in your borderlands FC, I don’t think I’ve ever seen it take so many people to take a camp before =P

LOL, you never have been apart of the SF train. Thats about half of what they normally bring. Keep it up GoM we are pulling for you guys!

Half? That’s a small roaming group for SF…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Jeknar, do I need to buy you a Starbucks card to get my morning score update?? :P

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Jeknar, do I need to buy you a Starbucks card to get my morning score update?? :P

As soon as someone says, “SF,” Cantur appears. This kinda reminds me of why you’re not supposed to talk about Hastur … oops.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

Speaking of score updates, I love what T1 does with their thread. They put it in Question format and use the “Answer” to be the latest score update. Pretty handy if you ask me.

But for now…score please!

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

As soon as someone says, “SF,” Cantur appears. This kinda reminds me of why you’re not supposed to talk about Hastur … oops.

Pure coincidence, I assure you. I have all my alerts shut down this morning for maintenance.

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I’ve been too busy poking 8bit creatures with a stick that my mind broke out of WvW for a while…

Attachments:

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: TallDan.6350

TallDan.6350

Score update as requested.

Attachments:

Lady suzi ~ Human Guardian {} Gizmo Gregory ~ Asura Engineer
Firezof Arrows ~ Sylvari Ranger {} Hudeeni ~ Norn Mesmer
Ruins of Surmia [KoA]

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

I’ve been too busy poking 8bit creatures with a stick that my mind broke out of WvW for a while…

Oh noes!!!! But on the plus side, how is the framerate with the 8-bit zergs?

And thanks for the score update! You too TallDan…

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

My Thief kills for SCIENCE!

I… I think I like you. But, rules are rules.

Attachments:

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

leave agg alone bro’s

Best post in the thread so far! ;-)

ET: Gj AGG and all other guilds. Sorry I can’t name most of them, so many AGG tags… ;-)
FC: Good stuff SS, I don’t see you often enough. Rare (but fun!) encounters.

Note: AGG -> Respect, you guys know your stuff and are a good challenge, same goes for many guilds (FoE, FSAE, etc). Keep it up! Don’t take anything in this thread too seriously, I think PredatoR.5247 got it right. ^^

- Your devoted thief from [ASH]

Well there are only about 10 SS members to choose from but thanks!

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Darek.1836

leave agg alone bro’s

Best post in the thread so far! ;-)

ET: Gj AGG and all other guilds. Sorry I can’t name most of them, so many AGG tags… ;-)
FC: Good stuff SS, I don’t see you often enough. Rare (but fun!) encounters.

Note: AGG -> Respect, you guys know your stuff and are a good challenge, same goes for many guilds (FoE, FSAE, etc). Keep it up! Don’t take anything in this thread too seriously, I think PredatoR.5247 got it right. ^^

- Your devoted thief from [ASH]

Well there are only about 10 SS members to choose from but thanks!

not to mention only about 3-4 of us are online at a time

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Neko Dudley.2495

Neko Dudley.2495

@ ET commanders.

Despite seemingly having the lowest WvW population of the 3 servers GoM are night capping, taking over the map while there aren’t many ET or FC online to defend, we need to come up with a counter strategy to this if possible, as all our peak time effort is being overshadowed by a small GoM force late at night.

Please note this is not a kitten complaint about this tactic, just a shout out to our people that we need to counter it. I don’t mean this as an insult to GoM.

GoM has a large number of Australian and New Zealand based players. We have no business telling them when they may play the game. It’s no insult to me. It’s just the way player distribution worked out. I recommend recruiting in Lions Arch at the relevant times to build up your own AU/NZ contingent.

Gate of Madness [MAL] EB
Yarr! I be keeping me pirate runes, Matey. Yarr! You’re welcome. Yarr!

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: pita spoon.5708

pita spoon.5708

they even killed the keep lord.. and alot of us and our seige.. but instead of taking the garrison they ran back up around the roof.. ran down and up and around some more then went back to the open gate and died there.. i understand the tactic of running around and trying to split us up to pick us off but they really weren’t trying to capture or stop us from rezzing people inside..

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?
Let’s ask tootsie.

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Darkothe.1253

Yup. Seemed more like they were attempting to farm us at the Garrison. Which, sadly, did not pan out for them.

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

While I’m not downplaying you guys at all, that first part is a little misleading.

It’s not really 20 v 100 since there are both FC and GoM there. It’s not like all of them were only focused on you guys. As a matter of fact, for the SM part, most of the time it seemed like they were so hard core focused on each other (and maybe the keep lord? I assume because they were all just standing there facing the center of the room) that they didn’t even notice you guys haha

Now with that said, still pretty awesome =)

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

when i see agg i just take 3 steps to the right. watch them run on by. if only i had a red sheet…

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

when i see agg i just take 3 steps to the right. watch them run on by. if only i had a red sheet…

So they actually “Bull Rush” huh?

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: jbernal.1078

jbernal.1078

they even killed the keep lord.. and alot of us and our seige.. but instead of taking the garrison they ran back up around the roof.. ran down and up and around some more then went back to the open gate and died there.. i understand the tactic of running around and trying to split us up to pick us off but they really weren’t trying to capture or stop us from rezzing people inside..

I was crafting in the Citadel, but watching the map (mainly the orange sword move around the Garrison) and I must agree it was most confusing.

[ASH] – Gate of Madness

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Shiver.5903

Shiver.5903

Nice video Jerico keep em coming! A bit long, sometimes you can go all-out on Fast-Forward and we still see all the epic action (some parts you did put it on FF).

Cheers! Good stuff :-)

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Neko Dudley.2495

Neko Dudley.2495

My hat’s off to the FC guys defending.

Gate of Madness [MAL] EB
Yarr! I be keeping me pirate runes, Matey. Yarr! You’re welcome. Yarr!

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

jbernal.1078

• The following is my personal opinion, and it does not represent anyone else from GoM or my guild

First I wish to establish that I mean no disrespect, and by no mean am I wishing to start a flame war, nor am I doubting the effectiveness of your “Death Train” as we call it; however, this video is just as impressive as watching a dungeon speed clear from back in Gw1.

Your mob is completely dependent on the builds your characters are running. There is no strategy, no need for thought or consideration of what is going on around you (particularly those who are suppose to be your team mates); just a mindless run around swing as much as you can.

While that is a good, and quite honestly effective, way of playing. I would rather PvE than that. :S

[ASH] – Gate of Madness

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

• The following is my personal opinion, and it does not represent anyone else from GoM or my guild

First I wish to establish that I mean no disrespect, and by no mean am I wishing to start a flame war, nor am I doubting the effectiveness of your “Death Train” as we call it; however, this video is just as impressive as watching a dungeon speed clear from back in Gw1.

Your mob is completely dependent on the builds your characters are running. There is no strategy, no need for thought or consideration of what is going on around you (particularly those who are suppose to be your team mates); just a mindless run around swing as much as you can.

While that is a good, and quite honestly effective, way of playing. I would rather PvE than that. :S

That HOWEVER means you do mean disrespect. At least be honest when you try to pick people apart.

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Darkothe.1253

I’m pretty sure they weren’t being disrespectful. Shinta was just pointing out observations and opinions on the play style being used. Shinta even pointed out at the end that it was an effective manner of play…but just not one they’d be endorsing as fun.

Nothing wrong with opinions. We’re all friends down here in T8 now.

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

jbernal.1078

That HOWEVER means you do mean disrespect. At least be honest when you try to pick people apart.

Mm, not at all. SF trying to start things in our threat again. :P

I do not dismiss by any means their effectiveness . All I said was that to me it would too boring to play, and would rather playing PvE instead; however, coming up with ways of stopping their “Death train” is extremely fun.

[ASH] – Gate of Madness

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

jbernal.1078

I’m pretty sure they weren’t being disrespectful. Shinta was just pointing out observations and opinions on the play style being used. Shinta even pointed out at the end that it was an effective manner of play…but just not one they’d be endorsing as fun.

Nothing wrong with opinions. We’re all friends down here in T8 now.

Thank you Darkothe.1253, you just get me!

[ASH] – Gate of Madness

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: little ceasar.9254

little ceasar.9254

I would consider a carefully balanced team depending completely on the builds of you character and the synergy with your team mates builds very much a strategy, and one painstakingly planned. And if you think about it, it takes training and coordination to keep our “death train/ball” moving together as one unit. The effectiveness comes into play because we are essentially 25 people picking one fight at a time as opposed to 25 people trying to pick 25 different fights.

Ashr [AGG]RESSION
CD→SoS→BG→ET→DB→JQ→SoS→
Mag→JQ→SoS→JQ→TC→FA→DB→FA→Mag→TC→KN

(edited by little ceasar.9254)

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

It’s impossible to be mindless and have no strategy when you’re facing large amounts of enemies- that sometimes keep coming and coming. Plus, our builds are made to support our allies which is how we can charge through a huge zerg and come out alive.

I promise it takes plenty of tactical decisions to run like we do. That’s why we search for the huge fights and area of most resistance because fighting numbers equal to or less than ours just doesn’t amount to much normally- and finding the larger groups is where the fun comes in, since you were wondering how our 20-25 man crew can possibly have fun in wvw… the video shows a prime example. If you watched the video, or any video of ours, you’ll see that we use many more skills than just spamming 1 and remain completely mobile so that we aren’t overwhelmed by enemy numbers.

Thanks for your input, of course. Even though, apparently, you don’t know the slightest about our guild.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

(edited by Vash.9183)

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

This is the kind of thing that makes me spend most of my time in WvW, roaming -_-. No need at all for that many people to be in one group, not one, especially when you consider only 15-20 of us were defending against you, with paper gates. Then again we still have the lead, so it’s not all bad. Your better than this FC, you really are.

Hahaha…. the FC guy from [BS] in the front with the blue Aura is me XD

But seriously Zerging in the “Pain train” set-up is the meta ATM. So if you want to be competitive vs Guilds like Agg this is what we have adopted. If you don’t like it, stay out of our way.

Agg wipes B4 adopting “pain train” setup – 0

Agg wipes after adopting “pain train” setup – daily.

Btw Agg nice fight in SM the other day. Finally pushed you out after 30 mins by cutting your ball in 1/2 from the side. must have not seen us coming.

Thanks for being honest, and the only person to understand what I was saying. Everyone else just wanted to shun me for complaining about numbers/zerging when that wasn’t the point at all. I think its more than possible to setup a smaller zerg that can fight off Agg(no offense guys), might take a little time, but its more than do-able. More than that, I’m just tired of seeing our servers resort to these tactics of running around in 50+ zergs, it’s just poor tactics imo, and obviously with all the skilllag these days it makes for a whole lot less fun. There should be small groups at each tower/keep and no more than 20-30 running around trying to take things, that’s how I view WvW anyways, Obviously it would be a different story outside of pimetime when there’s not as many people on though.

Anyways thanks for being civil with me Nugget

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

jbernal.1078

I would consider a carefully balanced team depending completely on the builds of you character and the synergy with your team mates builds very much a strategy, and one painstakingly planned. And if you think about it, it takes training and coordination to keep our “death train/ball” moving together as one unit. The effectiveness comes into play because we are essentially 25 people picking one fight at a time as opposed to 25 people trying to pick 25 different fights.

Oh I completely understood the process by which it was moving; however, if what it takes to win against your “Death Train” is to do what you are doing but with more people. I rather lose what you are currently siegeing and take it back as you move to your next target. I already know the AGG guild will not split up to attack multiple targets at the same time; therefore, the best, and most fun way, to keep you at bay would be to make you run around between different sites like a pinball, atleast until more Agg like guilds appear from your Server.

[ASH] – Gate of Madness

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Zergball/DeathTrain/whatever the Agg guys call it… it’s a viable strategy that’s got its strengths and weaknesses like anything else. They’re very good at what they’re striving to do, so respect to them for that. I personally don’t find it all that effective in the long run for this tier’s playstyle, but as long as they’re having fun, who cares? Run around and make things paper, you glorious zergy kittens.

4/12/13 - ET/GoM/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

jbernal.1078

As a member of ET, I wholeheartedly approve your message.

But before I get to the “why”, let me address a few things. Each and every one of us builds our characters to be the most effective they can be and/or the most fun they can be. That is what the [Agg]‘s and the [FoE]’s and the [Ash]’s and every other dern player and guild do. We play games to have fun. Some of us play games because we like to be competitive.

With that being said, [Agg] is a very competitive and very effective guild. They are by no means the only good guild on ET. ET is the sum of our guilds, roaming groups, parties, and individuals. This is something that [Agg] members have stated repeatedly and I respect them for that way more than I respect them for their prodigious skill at WvW. They do tend to get a lot of attention, and that’s great because they have a reputation for getting the job done and that sort of reputation tends to attract a lot of praise and whining, depending on which side of the match you’re on.

They’re 20-25 guild groups also tend to draw other players, especially from the tiny guilds and single players because, frankly, people like to win and are naturally drawn to success. I’m quite sure they don’t hop onto a map and say, “I wonder if we can suck in about 50 more ET peeps so we can run around in one big giant zerg just to tick off our opponents.” But even if they did, hese big giant zergs are super effective, but not necessarily for just the way you think. Sure they can cap Stonemist fairly easily. They can grab keeps and garrisons. BUT, they also take the heat off the smaller groups: the 15 man “zergs” that are capping towers; The 5 man parties that are taking camps; The 2 man parties that are killing Dolyaks, Veterans, and Krait.

EVERYONE has a role to play.

Now, back to why I approve your post: Each and every post like yours probably just provokes guilds like [Agg] to become even more effective, to become even BETTER WvW’ers, to create even more success for Eredon Terrace.

So by all means, to all the whiners, keep up the good work. If nothing else, you’ve got me laughing my butt off.