4/12 Dragonbrand - Maguuma - Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Martrim.1078

Martrim.1078

Thanks for a great week [TG], we had some great fights.

@Calvin, stop with the PvF, u are making your server look bad

Takara Chan ~ (Thief)
Tamoko Chan ~ (Necro)
[PYRO] #MagSwag

in WvW

Posted by: Suralin.3947

Suralin.3947

I want to get in to this kitten contest!

[TG] is the best guild on DB as titled by Paralda of [PYRO] of Maguuma. :-D

In other news, [PYRO] and [D|ERP] are [TG]‘s best friends on Mag. We also love |FATE| from [AI] and we try to avoid killing him when we see him by his lonesome. And when he’s with his guildies, we try to all give him a nice big hug with the pointy end of our sticks.

Well I’m glad at least TG is reasonable in this thread I don’t think either of our guilds would leave Maguuma, though! Besides, someone on your server owes me 40,000 gold for not transferring.

Yeah? Well, I’ll give you 30 Gold if you do transfer! :-D

DragonBrand – Terror Gaming [TG]
Fer Aline – Thf; Suralinta – Rgr; Alyra Va Tel – Ele; Mer Aline – War

in WvW

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Coming from Mags, this doesn’t seem right. You guys are the PvF champs.

And leave forums aside, you are making your server look bad in the game by not utilizing your superior NA presence.

I say it again, if Yak’s had your NA presence, they’d have given us run for our money in this tier.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

I heard Mag’s been trying Top Gun hard to lure DB’s NA away from their guild missions this week.

How’d that work out for ya?

Wait, what’s this? Could you elaborate because I’m quite confused.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

And leave forums aside, you are making your server look bad in the game by not utilizing your superior NA presence.

I say it again, if Yak’s had your NA presence, they’d have given us run for our money in this tier.

If you steal from a thief, you’re still a thief.

Also, I feel for some reason Yak’s hasn’t been as numerous these past two weeks as they were in our bouts with SoS. I’m entirely unsure why, but it may just be a skewed perception since NA wasn’t exactly SoS’s strength either.

in WvW

Suralin.3947

So long as you have fun fighting us, we’ll have fun far- I mean, fighting you. ;-)

Hope to see you guys at reset!

in WvW

Calvin.5380

If you steal from a thief, you’re still a thief.

Also, I feel for some reason Yak’s hasn’t been as numerous these past two weeks as they were in our bouts with SoS. I’m entirely unsure why, but it may just be a skewed perception since NA wasn’t exactly SoS’s strength either.

I think someone mentioned earlier that Yak’s have a larger student base or something, and their participation was low this week, in game and on forums. Maybe one of the Yaks could confirm.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

I heard Mag’s been trying Top Gun hard to lure DB’s NA away from their guild missions this week.

How’d that work out for ya?

Wait, what’s this? Could you elaborate because I’m quite confused.

Pretty sure he’s saying Mags isn’t even worth the time for our PvE players to deal with. Could be wrong though. Either way he has a point, Mags needs to figure out how to drive that massive mob they have every night.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

At first I thought you were just trolling, but I’m honestly starting to think you believe the crap you say. What I don’t get, is that Mag’s NA presence dominates DB’s soundly every single NA primetime. Mag has highest PPT, YB second, and DB trails in last.

If someone points to the Millenium records one more time I think I may go crazy. If you look at the update times, they’re updated during the SEA primetime, and not NA. Obviously, they cannot be accurately applied to NA primetime for this exact reason.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

DB won reset night… so by your logic you guys lost to an asian server outside of their primetime hours?

Maguuma actually doesn’t have an NA presence. We’re outmanned on all maps 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

kfarb.6732

Does Maguuma even exist?

Makes u think

in WvW

Calvin.5380

At first I thought you were just trolling, but I’m honestly starting to think you believe the crap you say. What I don’t get, is that Mag’s NA presence dominates DB’s soundly every single NA primetime. Mag has highest PPT, YB second, and DB trails in last.

If someone points to the Millenium records one more time I think I may go crazy. If you look at the update times, they’re updated during the SEA primetime, and not NA. Obviously, they cannot be accurately applied to NA primetime for this exact reason.

Not true, because we gain points during NA day time. Do you have proof?

In any case, the point that you completely missed is that Mags NA should be steamrolling the other two servers, given their strength. But even durng times when we’re outmanned, you’re around 300-odd points at most. I’d posted many screenshots earlier as proof, to similar baseless posts earlier.

Mags need a reality check. Fighting on forums and denial is not going to help you improve. Ever see us talk about our matches with TC/Kain/FA? Ever hear us complaining about their superior coverage? We don’t. Learn.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Aeonblade.8709

DB won reset night… so by your logic you guys lost to an asian server outside of their primetime hours?

Maguuma actually doesn’t have an NA presence. We’re outmanned on all maps 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Haha for some reason this made me chuckle.

in WvW

Posted by: Talmor.9048

Talmor.9048

Scoreboard. blah blah blah scoreboard

- Farstrike
Dragon Brand

(edited by Talmor.9048)

in WvW

Boonprot.6274

I think my brain is bleeding right now.

Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: violentlycar.5267

violentlycar.5267

How is it that in the third week of this matchup, the same people are falling for Calvin’s baits? Come on.

Maguuma – plays Asuras with various permutations of the name “Viocar”

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

I couldn’t care less about the scoreboard / PPT / winner / loser argument…but yeah, that quote killed me too.

head→desk

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: rice.5376

rice.5376

Boon, I’m honestly lost for words. I can’t even eat this piece of bacon.

Bacon, Bacon, BACON!
BubĂ´nix: Engy
Server: Maguuma Guild: [PYRO]

in WvW

Posted by: Talmor.9048

Talmor.9048

I couldn’t care less about the scoreboard / PPT / winner / loser argument…but yeah, that quote killed me too.

head->desk

Honestly that is my point. It does not matter really who is winning. Are you having fun taking keeps, towers, camps? Is the excitement of going out with a new build bringing you back? Are you soloing camps watching the clock, hoping that you are not being noticed and DPSing as fast as you can in hopes that you can cap before an enemy gets there?

In the end, scoreboards do not really matter. Go out and cap a camp. Go out and grab a group or two and see how long you can cap and keep a camp against overwhelming odds. Join a zerg train and hit a tower or keep. Go out and have fun and leave the X server is better to the trolls.

I honestly had a lot of fun last night running with FIST in YB BL and zerging around once or twice and capping camps. Then going back to the northern camp and seeing how long we could hold it.

We had the outmanned buff, but we held our own for a good 15-30 minutes with a 10 man team. Are we superior to YB? Nope. We eventually lost. It happens to the best of us.

- Farstrike
Dragon Brand

in WvW

Posted by: Kelvingts.2035

Kelvingts.2035

I don’t quite understand.
Mag claims that DB is inferior in skills and rely on numbers.

Where the hell did such a remark come from? I mean Yes DB has a superior count during SEA times but doesn’t mag have superior numbers during NA? inferior in skills? where does that apply? Whoever has the bigger numbers (by a decent margin) will be offensive while the other is defensive.

And no intelligent commander will throw their inferior sized zerg towards a superior one, hence they retreat. Smart move isn’t it? Or is it somehow “cowardly” to retreat and save your zerg?

Kelvingts – Human Warrior
Adventurethyme [BMO] , Dragonbrand

(edited by Kelvingts.2035)

in WvW

Aeonblade.8709

Where the hell did such a remark come from? I mean Yes DB has a superior count during SEA times but doesn’t mag have superior numbers during NA? inferior in skills? where does that apply? Whoever has the bigger numbers (by a decent margin) will be offensive while the other is defensive.

And no intelligent commander will throw their inferior sized zerg towards a superior one, hence they retreat. Smart move isn’t it? Or is it somehow “cowardly” to retreat and save your zerg?

It goes both ways, and I think most of us on both servers know that. Mag has stronger NA numbers, we have the Stronger EU/SEA. Not really much to say other than that. Forum warriors from both sides are here. Life’s good.

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

I hope the NA prime players on Mag and YB know that they are actually nightcapping the DB SEA crew right?

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

head->desk

Honestly that is my point. It does not matter really who is winning. Are you having fun taking keeps, towers, camps? Is the excitement of going out with a new build bringing you back? Are you soloing camps watching the clock, hoping that you are not being noticed and DPSing as fast as you can in hopes that you can cap before an enemy gets there?

In the end, scoreboards do not really matter. Go out and cap a camp. Go out and grab a group or two and see how long you can cap and keep a camp against overwhelming odds. Join a zerg train and hit a tower or keep. Go out and have fun and leave the X server is better to the trolls.

I honestly had a lot of fun last night running with FIST in YB BL and zerging around once or twice and capping camps. Then going back to the northern camp and seeing how long we could hold it.

We had the outmanned buff, but we held our own for a good 15-30 minutes with a 10 man team. Are we superior to YB? Nope. We eventually lost. It happens to the best of us.

Couldn’t agree more.

It stems from (A) talkin’ junk for the hell of it and (B) people like to make up excuses for why their name isn’t at the top of the list, the same way others needlessly pound their chests when it is.

Most of it’s (A) but there’s also a little (B).

in WvW

Posted by: The Goat.1940

The Goat.1940

DB SEA is great, amazing and wonderful. Same goes for DB NA great group of people and work hard to keep servers from closing the gap. DB NA #s increase wih time, eventually we will have them and mag will be left behind! what will you QQ be on that day? I bet it will be about increased #s. Can’t wait for reset tonight see ya all there : )

Necrotic Sushi – Necro
Elephant Ambush [EA] , Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: The Cleaner.6974

The Cleaner.6974

DB is all numbers little substance.

And Mag is all excuses little skill.

I looked at this and laughed:
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/35/30

Despite having the biggest NA presence, Mags were hardly in lead during NA prime time until Tuesday when DB eased up a bit, victory within the tier assured.

Says a lot about the skill (or lack, thereof) of the elite Mag NA zerg

Despite being the most skilled and swag presence, Mag has also been the most empathetic in the matchup, easing up since Friday, sensitive victory within the tier assured.

We wouldn’t want to harm the already bruised ego of NA DB, as the only players of the server who get mentioned are the SEA pvd zergbots.

Correct. I think it’s pretty funny how quick the DB NA players are to take credit for what their US time zone earlier morning crew does on what basically amounts to being on an asian server.

well i think it is funny how many excuses you can come up with rather than just admitting to being beat fair and square. the world says American when you join and the Asians you are talking about only make a small percent of our player base. i play thru the night crew times and the day crew and they both play the same against the same numbers (most of the time) so to say we are winning due to one group or another is a lie it is a world vs world battle which would indicate the world is contributing equally. thanks love DB p.s. if we were winning due to one group would it not make since for our lead to be a bit smaller considering the time the group you are talking about is not on that we should be getting beat?

in WvW

Posted by: Xephyron.4702

Xephyron.4702

I think DB won the match fair and square, let’s stop the arguing and continue the karma train. Everyone will be happy with more gold/karma.

in WvW

Aeonblade.8709

Despite having the biggest NA presence, Mags were hardly in lead during NA prime time until Tuesday when DB eased up a bit, victory within the tier assured.

Despite being the most skilled and swag presence, Mag has also been the most empathetic in the matchup, easing up since Friday, sensitive victory within the tier assured.

We wouldn’t want to harm the already bruised ego of NA DB, as the only players of the server who get mentioned are the SEA pvd zergbots.

Correct. I think it’s pretty funny how quick the DB NA players are to take credit for what their US time zone earlier morning crew does on what basically amounts to being on an asian server.

well i think it is funny how many excuses you can come up with rather than just admitting to being beat fair and square. the world says American when you join and the Asians you are talking about only make a small percent of our player base. i play thru the night crew times and the day crew and they both play the same against the same numbers (most of the time) so to say we are winning due to one group or another is a lie it is a world vs world battle which would indicate the world is contributing equally. thanks love DB p.s. if we were winning due to one group would it not make since for our lead to be a bit smaller considering the time the group you are talking about is not on that we should be getting beat?

Logic! How dare you!

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

In other news, [PYRO] and [D|ERP] are [TG]‘s best friends on Mag. We also love |FATE| from [AI] and we try to avoid killing him when we see him by his lonesome. And when he’s with his guildies, we try to all give him a nice big hug with the pointy end of our sticks.

Well I’m glad at least TG is reasonable in this thread I don’t think either of our guilds would leave Maguuma, though! Besides, someone on your server owes me 40,000 gold for not transferring.

I think you should give it to me anyway…I mean, what’s 30g between friends, right?

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Calvin.5380

I think DB won the match fair and square, let’s stop the arguing and continue the karma train. Everyone will be happy with more gold/karma.

I endorse this post.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

What biggest presence? Its even during NA times, when we dominate. Problem is if your asians arent on you THINK you’re outnumbered lol

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in WvW

Aeonblade.8709

What biggest presence? Its even during NA times, when we dominate. Problem is if your asians arent on you THINK you’re outnumbered lol

The 80+ mag zerg wednesday at 1am EST in EB lol. DB is lucky to ever get that many people in the same BL during prime time, let alone all in one place during NA prime.

Edited to be nicer to our friends on Mag.

in WvW

Boonprot.6274

Ew, karma trains are the root of all evil. They teach W3 newbies and pugs awful habits. It’s gotten to the point where, during specific times of day, commanders get mercilessly berated if they don’t karma train. People should stop.

Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

SmoothHussler.6387

Clearly has not seen WvW the past week, or the 80+ mag zerg wednesday at 1am EST in EB lol. DB is lucky to ever get that many people in the same BL during prime time, let alone all in one place.

The 2nd greatest myth of DB; they’re outnumbered during NA times (lie).

Like I said you just THINK you are. I never notice an outmanned buff on DB (Yaks yes). And I always see us leading the score.

So lets cut the kitten right now about you being outnumbered in NA. Its even. Only issue is when its even your tactics are face planting gates doesnt get it done like it does when its 100 Asians vs 10 defenders in the morning, so you believe you’re outnumbered to save some self respect.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

The 80+ mag zerg wednesday at 1am EST in EB lol. DB is lucky to ever get that many people in the same BL during prime time, let alone all in one place during NA prime.

Actually, despite that, EBG is probably our weakest map by far. Maybe that’s why you guys are saying we are bad at utilizing our numbers. Most of the people from Maguuma posting on this thread don’t like going to EBG anymore. It seems to queue every evening, which in theory is good, except no coordinated guilds seem to be able to get in and do a good job with it.

in WvW

Xephyron.4702

Ew, karma trains are the root of all evil. They teach W3 newbies and pugs awful habits. It’s gotten to the point where, during specific times of day, commanders get mercilessly berated if they don’t karma train. People should stop.

Without karma train, I would be bored to death sitting in EK/WK waiting for something to happen.

in WvW

Aeonblade.8709

Clearly has not seen WvW the past week, or the 80+ mag zerg wednesday at 1am EST in EB lol. DB is lucky to ever get that many people in the same BL during prime time, let alone all in one place.

Like I said you just THINK you are. I never notice an outmanned buff on DB (Yaks yes). And I always see us leading the score.

So lets cut the kitten right now about you being outnumbered in NA. Its even. Only issue is when its even your tactics are face planting gates doesnt get it done like it does when its 100 Asians vs 10 defenders in the morning, so you believe you’re outnumbered to save some self respect.

You lost me dude. Face planting gates? I think you should just calm down probably, I wasn’t trying to insult ya.

(edited by Aeonblade.8709)

in WvW

Aeonblade.8709

Actually, despite that, EBG is probably our weakest map by far. Maybe that’s why you guys are saying we are bad at utilizing our numbers. Most of the people from Maguuma posting on this thread don’t like going to EBG anymore. It seems to queue every evening, which in theory is good, except no coordinated guilds seem to be able to get in and do a good job with it.

Now this seems like a winning response. I really think you Mags could dominate EBG if you could get that organization.

in WvW

Xephyron.4702

Now this seems like a winning response. I really think you Mags could dominate EBG if you could get that organization.

Organized push for JP, race to the top.

in WvW

Calvin.5380

Maybe you didn’t read the first page of this thread. Or maybe you enjoy posting without any basis. There are screenshots of our outmanned buff, and us being in lead at the same time.

Go ahead, ignore that as well.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

kfarb.6732

Maybe you didn’t read the first page of this thread. Or maybe you enjoy posting without any basis. There are screenshots of our outmanned buff, and us being in lead at the same time.

The outmanned buff is on a per-map basis, I believe. There are also some bugs with the outmanned buff. I hope you’re having some fun fights in the game!

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

The EBG players don’t spec or gear for WvW. They spec for 1v1 and cannot function without an icon typing everything to them. That map is frustrating for the players that aren’t used to losing with numbers (ie. the boarderlands). This is something we’re trying to work out with the bigger guilds elsewhere. The other side is skill lag because of how many people they allow to queue on that map.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

SmoothHussler.6387

Fight on brave DB soldiers in the face of such overwhelming odds!

in WvW

Suralin.3947

I think you should give it to me anyway…I mean, what’s 30g between friends, right?

Friends don’t let friends go broke. ;-)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Hmph…you’d probably use that line if I did transfer anyway. I’m onto your web of lies!

in WvW

The Goat.1940

we will despite you Internet sarcasm; however, you need not fear one day the role will reverse and your NA will be outnumbered & out skilled( since db alerady out skill mag) but hey at least you will still have your swag.

Necrotic Sushi – Necro

(edited by The Goat.1940)

in WvW

Suralin.3947

Hmph…you’d probably use that line if I did transfer anyway. I’m onto your web of lies!

Are you calling me a liar, good sir? How dare thee!? Thou shalt not mock thy honor!

in WvW

Aeonblade.8709

we will despite you Internet sarcasm; however, you need not fear one day the role will reverse and your NA will be outnumbered & out skilled( since db alerady out skill mag) but hey at least you will still have your swag.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=33qjRlvZSps

(edited by Aeonblade.8709)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Are you calling me a liar, good sir? How dare thee!? Thou shalt not mock thy honor!

Nonsense…I’m merely stating that a lie appeared in your post…somehow…

in WvW

The Goat.1940

Nonsense…I’m merely stating that a lie appeared in your post…somehow…

+1 to u guys! this is what we need a true bromance to mend the fence! it’s like gw2 Romeo and Juliette! <3

Necrotic Sushi – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Last score update from me before reset!

Attachments:

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart