4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

So essentially we’re back to square one again, Jedash make your call!

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

(edited by Moderator)

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

It’s unfortunate that it’s so one-sided in this timezone. Full credit and respect to the CD and SBI that come out and still fight though. On the bright side of it all, another week or two of this, with T3 how it is too, you folks will probably have Yak’s back to deal with and we’ll be up against Maguuma and DB or KN.

Sea of Sorrows

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

That SoS zerg in EB last night :o. That beast was like 70 deep. You wiped the Bannok train once around AP with that monster of a zerg but we got you two times after that. Was lots of fun. EB has been great all this week. Love that there is the big scale battles but also plenty of smaller fights to be had.

That fight at AP was just plain annoying. We had the SoS zerg broken, Ban and I were all the way through their lines but our zerg didn’t come around the corner because they saw a few CD on the bridge. We should have been 3 for 3 that night, we basically gave that fight away.

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Maladon.5760

i can’t do anything in this time. so tired of being outmanned

Do as best you can, that’s all anyone can ask of you, keep fighting the good fight.

Edit; Keep it up CD nice to see you’re bouncing back, show us your love! <3

So between SBI and CD we own four kitten tents. That’s got to be frustrating for all involved. Sure SoS gets a good amount of WXP for taking everything but if you’re not fighting anyone who gives a kitten what rank you are?

I imagine our guys and the CD guys are really hurting for WXP in this timezone. I also can’t imagine the SoS guys are making too much progress since all they get is door WXP.

I’m honestly not sure what can be done to fix situations like this. We could easily tie the scoring to current WvW participation but we’d still have outmanned servers fighting larger forces day in and day out. Rough spot to be in.

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

“Eternalight.4708: I’m honestly not sure what can be done to fix situations like this. We could easily tie the scoring to current WvW participation but we’d still have outmanned servers fighting larger forces day in and day out. Rough spot to be in.”

There are two options really:

1. Wait for us (SoS) to go away and pray we don’t come back.
2. Join us

I’m not trying to be a smart-aleck or show any disrespect for CD or SBI in this regard. It’s simply that we retained some of our NA WvW strength and we remain the unofficial Oceanic server.

I’m sure that if you’ve stayed with your server through the ups and downs, that you have a lot of server pride as we do; but the green spot of T4 will be filled with either a server with significant night presence (SoS, Maguuma, Kaineng) or with a large NA zerg like Yak’s Bend.

As far as option 1; you can either keep being frustrated for 1-2 more weeks until YB brings a whole new frustration to the game or you can roll over.

As for option 2; we are always welcoming to individual transferring players and even entire guilds who want to join our active community. We have regained our footing in WvW, without neglecting the desire for PvE and even SPvP.

Ball is in your court.

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Posted by: MrKnieves.4162

MrKnieves.4162

If I ever transfer, which is unlikely as WvW is not the only thing I do, and I love my guild (and they have stated that wont ever transfer as they are a Pve Guild mainly and CD is the unofficial LGBT server), I would do it to a T1 server not another mid-range server. I’m sure most “individuals” would do the same thing.

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Posted by: Jex.6482

Jex.6482

If I ever transfer, which is unlikely as WvW is not the only thing I do, and I love my guild (and they have stated that wont ever transfer as they are a Pve Guild mainly and CD is the unofficial LGBT server), I would do it to a T1 server not another mid-range server. I’m sure most “individuals” would do the same thing.

LGBT as in lesbian, gay, bisexual and transsexual?

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Posted by: mekkanic.4759

mekkanic.4759

“Eternalight.4708: I’m honestly not sure what can be done to fix situations like this. We could easily tie the scoring to current WvW participation but we’d still have outmanned servers fighting larger forces day in and day out. Rough spot to be in.”

2. Join us

I’m not trying to be a smart-aleck or show any disrespect for CD or SBI in this regard. It’s simply that we retained some of our NA WvW strength and we remain the unofficial Oceanic server.

I’m sure that if you’ve stayed with your server through the ups and downs, that you have a lot of server pride as we do; but the green spot of T4 will be filled with either a server with significant night presence (SoS, Maguuma, Kaineng) or with a large NA zerg like Yak’s Bend.

As far as option 1; you can either keep being frustrated for 1-2 more weeks until YB brings a whole new frustration to the game or you can roll over.

As for option 2; we are always welcoming to individual transferring players and even entire guilds who want to join our active community. We have regained our footing in WvW, without neglecting the desire for PvE and even SPvP.

Ball is in your court.

or 3. just ignore this guy, and for the love of everything that is sacred and pure do not do 2.

been meaning to keep an eye on this tier and see how sos is doing after swapping places with mags. to be honest mags is putting up a pretty darn good fight since joining our tier, is in 2nd place right now. but if you join sos, and they move up a tier, you will be faced with the same frustration with db’s oceanic. trust me. unless something has changed and they got like 2 or 3 oceanic guilds and their na is better than yak’s now. yaks and mags have been going toe to toe in na coverage in tier 3.

[Agg] ression

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Maladon.5760

2. Join us

Ball is in your court.

SoS has been a decent matchup for us during NA primetime. For those of us who play during that timeslot it’s been very fun every time out. I just hate the fact that we’ve got guys in other timezones that are constantly outmanned and fighting uphill. I know what that’s like from when it happened to our NA primetime population. Not having enough people on a map to start a breakout event at 9pm in the evening can be quite frustrating.

I honestly wouldn’t blame them if they transferred. I hope they don’t but I’d have a hard time logging in every day if I were in their shoes. We did it for a few months in NA primetime during SBI’s fall from grace (constantly outmanned, having enemy waypoints in our own keeps, etc.). It was stressful, exhausting and not very much fun. However, we knew we just had to keep showing up every night so the rest of our server knew we were still fighting and eventually we’d find a tier that suited us. Our players in other timezones don’t have that light at the end of the tunnel.

The best case scenario would be for us to pick up some players in those timezones to get our guys some help. When you’re running around in NA primetime smashing zergs and winning the ppt minigame it’s easy to forget those people that are logging in a few hours later and the fact that they’ve got a rough time ahead of them.

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Posted by: Gravy.7589

Gravy.7589

On SBI I honestly don’t care much these days about anything past NA primetime. Which is when the majority of our server populations plays. We do just fine where we are now. 2nd in tier 4 is good for us. No need to transfer to another server to enable them to move up to the crap zerg fests that are tier 3 and up.

I would welcome Yaks back to Tier 4, over having SoS PvD both servers during SEA/Oceanic times. Currently, our NA crew is pretty dominate in this tier, when numbers are anywhere close to equal and our EB crew would welcome the challenge of facing Yaks NA crew.

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Posted by: Grieve.1432

Grieve.1432

2. Join us

Ball is in your court.

Chris,
There is a 3rd option. I just think you wouldn’t like the sound of it. Send some SoS oceanics over to SBI and possibly CD to balance this tier out. I mean aside from your massive Oceanic crew, this tier would be pretty kitten even. Also, I doubt anyone in this tier would join SoS, either out of server pride or to get away from the imbalance/loses. Also, though our Oceanics struggle to keep up, fighting your NAs is so much better than Mag or YB. (Mag did enjoy a good fight club though.) So basically, instead of trying to exacerbate the imbalance, help to fix it and send SBI and maybe even CD some oceanics. Don’t try and tear apart our servers even more.

South of Heaven [SoH] – Crystal Desert
Grieve Logdan (Human War) | Rifte Torin (Charr Thief)
Feylicia Logdan (Human Mes) | Elias Foralli (Asura Guard)

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Chris.3290

Chris,
There is a 3rd option. I just think you wouldn’t like the sound of it. Send some SoS oceanics over to SBI and possibly CD to balance this tier out. I mean aside from your massive Oceanic crew, this tier would be pretty kitten even. Also, I doubt anyone in this tier would join SoS, either out of server pride or to get away from the imbalance/loses. Also, though our Oceanics struggle to keep up, fighting your NAs is so much better than Mag or YB. (Mag did enjoy a good fight club though.) So basically, instead of trying to exacerbate the imbalance, help to fix it and send SBI and maybe even CD some oceanics. Don’t try and tear apart our servers even more.

Fair suggestion, only problem is that the remaining SoS guilds are all PvX. We like to do PvE as well and our Oceanics probably don’t see the point in transferring, then having to guest over to our server every night to do PvE in a non-empty zone.

Gravy.7589
On SBI I honestly don’t care much these days about anything past NA primetime

Thank you for expounding upon the point I’ve made. They would not face being abandoned if they came our way.

MrKnieves.4162

Those are excellent reasons to stay on CD, but why would anyone want to go to T1? Lagged out from giant zergs, JQ winning on sheer ego… It’s kinda a craphole anymore.

It’s always a personal decision and I’m sure 90% of you are happy to stay put no matter what happens.
However, some of you are going to keep hitting your heads against a wall, and frustration will mount until you come to dislike WvW.

SoS does not offer a permanent solution, because we most likely will not enjoy the same successes in T3; but you won’t be facing them alone if you are with us.

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Gravy.7589

So you want our SEA/Oceanic coverage which is basically not existent? Makes total sense …….

It would do you no good. You would move up a tier and still get pounded during NA prime time and be competitive during other time periods. Also, we don’t have any large NA guilds other then maybe Kiwi that WvW in any kind of numbers. We are a server of pugs. But, gotta say it’s totally classy to come on these forums and try to steal some of CD/SBI’s numbers.

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

SoS does not offer a permanent solution, because we most likely will not enjoy the same successes in T3; but you won’t be facing them alone if you are with us.

We’ve all lost players moving down ranks, so please keep your propaganda and recruiting to other threads dedicated to such things. Those of us still here on any of our three servers have little intention of fleeing our servers after we’ve already fallen so far and fought our way back to where we are.

No one on SBI or CD faces any challenge alone. We’re all in, balls out for our servers, and that’s that.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Chris forgot to offer gold :/

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Ghedoriah.4290

Honestly, I’ve got problems with this post. The first and foremost is that we do not want random transfers in. Yes, it’s being considered that we are most likely going up to T3 and that it might be sensible to bring in a little extra manpower to make sure it’s an even match if that happens, but that’s not “hey, whoever you are, come join us!”. If we are going up and if anyone’s interested in a different world, yes, we’re quite happy to talk about it, but we don’t want folks who aren’t going to mesh well with the existing community – for both their and our sakes – and we would not want to over-recruit/recruit in the wrong timezones, end up overshooting the mark and unbalancing T3.

I also don’t really think it’s appropriate to mention recruiting to other worlds that we’re currently fighting against, particularly when, if we are going to move up to T3, that’s not going to be for at least another week or so.

been meaning to keep an eye on this tier and see how sos is doing after swapping places with mags. to be honest mags is putting up a pretty darn good fight since joining our tier, is in 2nd place right now. but if you join sos, and they move up a tier, you will be faced with the same frustration with db’s oceanic. trust me. unless something has changed and they got like 2 or 3 oceanic guilds and their na is better than yak’s now. yaks and mags have been going toe to toe in na coverage in tier 3.

The more likely line-up for T3, if/when we move up would actually be KN/Mag/SoS. DB is about as close to T2 as we are T3 – for YB to lose a few more points to allow us into the tier, DB would almost certainly end up moving up. I don’t know Maguuma’s stats off of the top of my head, but with WM on a break in Kaineng, we probably would be at least evens for Oceanics, although probably slightly weaker for SEA.

I honestly wouldn’t blame them if they transferred. I hope they don’t but I’d have a hard time logging in every day if I were in their shoes.

If we’re going to move up, your Oceanics are best off staying where they are. It’d be more fun and balanced for them against YB and a world that is already strong in one timezone doesn’t have much rational demand for more coverage there.

There is a 3rd option. I just think you wouldn’t like the sound of it. Send some SoS oceanics over to SBI and possibly CD to balance this tier out.

We don’t have WvW guilds to give to anyone, even if we wanted to, and no PvX guild in their right mind would want to move from a world with such a large and vibrant non-WvW population – especially when talking about Oceanics, given the much smaller populations on other worlds during that time.

Sea of Sorrows

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

MrKnieves.4162

Yes! We do play games too you know, and look FABULOUS while owning other people.

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Posted by: Jex.6482

Jex.6482

Yes! We do play games too you know, and look FABULOUS while owning other people.

I wasn’t assuming you didn’t, just didn’t know CD was known for that. Are other servers not friendly to LGBTs or do we just have a large population of them?

(edited by Jex.6482)

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

I wasn’t assuming you didn’t, just didn’t know CD was known for that. Are other servers not friendly to LGBTs or do we just have a large population of them?

CD has just been LGBT server since start. I don’t think any server is not friendly.

As far as transferring to SoS etc Welcome to join us if you want. Let’s leave it at that. See you all in game.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

MrKnieves.4162

Oh it has nothing to do with that, is that CD has the three biggest LGBT communities, Rough Trade, GaymeOn, and Stonewall Vanguard, there might be more.

Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Chris.3290

Ghedoriah,
I didn’t mean it to be a recruiting message. As for members meshing or not with the community, we don’t screen individuals since it’s an open transfer process. I think that if anyone is at all curious about how we do things, they should look into how we work as a community and plan community events, WvW, etc.

I don’t want to turn anyone away if they are interested in joining our community and having fun with us.

As for what I wrote, I’m just being honest and straight with folks who have fought hard and I respect. As for recruiting them while we are fighting, I think it makes a lot more sense while we are fighting them.
“We just faced you yesterday and we think it’d be fun to be on the same team because you guys rock!” is a lot better than “Hey, we kinda remember you from a few weeks ago and we need warm bodies in our current matchup!”

I don’t mean to deprive CD and SBI of it’s population, but I look on here and there is some frustration and disappointment.

I’m not happy with some the behavior of some of our fairweather transfers over the last 2 months, but if someone said it was between transferring and quitting GW2; I’d send them off with blessings…as long as it wasn’t to JQ LOL.

Anyhow, I’ll let this sleeping dog lie. Apparently some folks were offended at the suggestion and that is not what I wanted to do.

(edited by Chris.3290)

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Ghedoriah.4290

No, we can’t control who decides to transfer in/out and if someone really likes our community, I don’t necessarily think we should stand in the way of that. But I honestly think we would be foolish and neglectful as a world to say, particularly to actual guilds, that we’d be interested in taking on anyone with no limits. I don’t think anyone wants to trade one unbalanced tier for unbalancing another.

It’s something that it honestly seems like no world has actually bothered to consider so far, but really, when you’re talking about engineering a fun match, it’s vital for it to be balanced.

Sea of Sorrows

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Maladon.5760

Oh it has nothing to do with that, is that CD has the three biggest LGBT communities, Rough Trade, GaymeOn, and Stonewall Vanguard, there might be more.

You guys also have a guild named Pvssy Destroyer but I’m unclear on whether they’re L, G, B or T

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

I have enjoyed this match up. I tend to mostly avoid the zerg/door fests and solo/small group about and I have met some fine opponents from both CD and SBI.

I am unlikely to change servers during my time in this game and expect many others feel the same way. We can only do our best to enjoy/play hard during our time online.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Posted by: Yohimbe.1876

Yohimbe.1876

You guys also have a guild named Pvssy Destroyer but I’m unclear on whether they’re L, G, B or T

Psssst, Mal: I think it means that they only kill Charr.

Chay Darkhaven – SBI
Leader of The Ethereal Guard
Huzzah!

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Maladon.5760

Ah, and here I was thinking it meant they were 12 years old

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Posted by: Spalen.9483

Spalen.9483

So you want our SEA/Oceanic coverage which is basically not existent?

To be honest as a SEA SBI player, this is quite disheartening to hear. And no I’m not transferring anywhere.

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

Personally I find it somewhat disrespectful to poach players from current opponents. If they want to swap then sure why not, but don’t go deliberately recruiting them…

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

I imagine our guys and the CD guys are really hurting for WXP in this timezone. I also can’t imagine the SoS guys are making too much progress since all they get is door WXP.

Our commander is rank 90.

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Gravy.7589

To be honest as a SEA SBI player, this is quite disheartening to hear. And no I’m not transferring anywhere.

I guess we need to recruit some SoS sea guilds to help you all out. XD

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

MrKnieves.4162

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Waffler.1257

To the TS commander at Veloka tower a little bit ago, thanks for that flame ram, I will use it well.

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.9604

Moderator.9604

sounds like it doesn’t like attachments. if you got the account name put it in. incident date etc.

Nope! I guess that email just doesn’t work at all. Cheaters win.

If you added an attachement, make sure that that the picture size is lower than 800 pixels in width. Does it work if you try that?

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Tobias Steele.2071

We don’t have any SEA guilds lol so good luck with that. MERC and AFS took all our SEA players when they left. All we have is a few Americans, and hordes, and hordes of Aussies.

Tarnished Coast.

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Posted by: The Hunter.4516

The Hunter.4516

Has sea of sorrows got a strong EU time group of players?

Hunchie
Proud Member of [CA] from Aurora Glade.

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Yohimbe.1876

We don’t have any SEA guilds lol so good luck with that. MERC and AFS took all our SEA players when they left. All we have is a few Americans, and hordes, and hordes of Aussies.

SBI is Aussie friendly! We lurvs our Aussie guilds. Send some over, they won’t feel alone I promise. :-D

Chay Darkhaven – SBI
Huzzah!

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Tobias Steele.2071

Has sea of sorrows got a strong EU time group of players?

Few NA servers have many or any EU players. Outside of t1 who do have a few, you would probably need to look at fort aspenwood, or tarnished coast to find a decent sized eu community.

Tarnished Coast.

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Yohimbe.1876

So, new reset time today everyone. Love it or hate it, don’t forget it’s 2 hours earlier starting today.

Chay Darkhaven – SBI
Huzzah!

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Waffler.1257

So, new reset time today everyone. Love it or hate it, don’t forget it’s 2 hours earlier starting today.

I will show up 1 hr late because I’m that cool.

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Tobias Steele.2071

Reset is at 6:00 for me so…. Meh, can’t be bothered. Don’t expect much from SOS this reset (or any other now that times have changed) waking up a hungover Aussie that early in the morning doesn’t go down too well. Our na lads and ladies will have to hold the fort for a while.

Tarnished Coast.

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

If you added an attachement, make sure that that the picture size is lower than 800 pixels in width. Does it work if you try that?

Thanks for the reply. Nope, I even tried sending it with zero attachments or links. A text only email didn’t go through and gave me the same error.

This [EA] guild guy is still speed cheating and has been doing so for months and hasn’t been banned. It’s annoying.

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Thanks for the reply. Nope, I even tried sending it with zero attachments or links. A text only email didn’t go through and gave me the same error.

This [EA] guild guy is still speed cheating and has been doing so for months and hasn’t been banned. It’s annoying.

This sounds like an issue with your email provider. I can email that address perfectly fine.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Posted by: Eternalight.4708

Eternalight.4708

2. Join us

Ball is in your court.

You quoted the wrong user >:D

level 80 Thief – Home Sweet [Home] – Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC] ~ Sea of Sorrows

4/12 SoS - SBI - CD

in WvW

Chris.3290

Oops, sorry about that Eternal!

ok, obviously even the suggestion that the old adage “if you can’t beat them, join them” might be applicable seems to have upset people

Let me rephrase what I was trying to get across.
I respect the heck out of SBI and CD and the effort they have put in the last couple of weeks and I’m sure they are out giving hell to us as I write this.
You guys are awesome fighters and I’m enjoying this match.

When I saw that some people were upset about the nighttime situation, I felt bad. Additionally, I saw that some of the NA posters responding to that were seemingly callous to their situation.
Naturally my instinct was to say “if you aren’t appreciated there, you would be here.”

I’m quite frankly encouraged by the amount of server pride that met my response, though I wish it wasn’t so angrily directed at me.

SBI and CD members here have made it clear that they want to stick it out and my own server’s folks have made it clear that we should do nothing to make them think we don’t respect their determination (because we do).

So please put this issue to rest, because we have had a great and very cordial match and I would hate to do anything to disrupt that.

Thank you.