4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

Our zerg-balls have learned how not to die, mostly. After countless times saying “get on your commander or die alone”, they’re finally starting to pick up on it when we run into a WM, VK, BT, Meow or RET ball and are stacking up nice and tight.

In addition to that, CERN had over 100 people in our mumble channel the other night when we were defending KN garrison; that has to help, too.

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

In lower tiers and in matches where coverage superiority is the defining factor, it’s ok not to work too hard on defense. Dominating through coverage doesn’t require learning strong defensive tactics, losing does.

Kaineng came up really fast through the ranks without any periods of loss/recovery like both TC and FA have weathered. The players from old t8 pre-transfer Kaineng may be an exception, but I’m not sure how many of them are still around.

Don’t get discouraged by losing, someone has to lose in any competition. Do your best to win, learn from your losses, get better where you can, but most importantly just have fun and the rest will follow.

I really don’t think this is the case. The majority of Kaineng’s guilds have fought on servers that have had losing streaks or tough competition. I doubt that they would have magically lost the ability to defend their structures.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: SpitFire.4690

SpitFire.4690

This was jus yusterday, so yush, KN’s great~

Um… have you seen the scoreboard recently?

As soon as you stop looking at the scoreboard, you will have fun.

heheh… I’m entirely too competitive for that! I mean, obviously I’m still having enough fun to keep playing the game, but I won’t be happy with WvW as long as my server is thousands and thousands of points behind with zero prospect of catching up, much less even staying in the same tier.

It’s one thing when you’re just a PuG, this kind of thing didn’t bother me as much when I was solo running back in the day. But now I’m in a huge guild and I often command 6 or 7 hours every day, so it’s inevitable that I’ll become emotionally invested in the score. Weeks of having all the progress I made during my command undone within an hour or two of leaving has made me a grumpy charr.

As am I Sarabi…..Competitive I mean.

But felt the need for a repost of a previous post with a footnote:

Good afternoon my fellow Kain members,
Yes, it has been a long battle and we have been fighting the same enemy for weeks now, but I come here to appeal to your inner strength and KAINENG heart to regroup this week and lets do what we know how to do! Some of our own commanders have come on here with posts of doom and gloom.

Uplift the morale of your server, not bring it down, Do not cheapen your members efforts! And for some if the fight is to much for you….well……

We have the skill, we have the players, we have the knowledge! KAINENG is NOT done, and most of us have NOT GIVEN UP!

So lets regroup mentally and come out fighting the way we know how Kain!
RED is RED.

Footnote;
Some of you, appear to be paving the way for a bailout on Kain, in teamspeak as well as on the forums, with the naysaying and talks of giving up, inorder that you might be comfortable with your future choices.(?)

A lot of guilds, large and small moved to Kain with various agendas and reasons only clear to themselves. None the less, we are where we are and some intend to keep Kain alive and viable as this is HOME now.

It’s easier to give up, break down, move on and leave a mess THEN to have heart, encourage, rebuild and fight. I’d imagine “pugs”(I dislike that term) step into wvw with the hope of making it better for our server and trying hard.

Is it a perfect world….no. Are we worse off then any other server…..there is always room for growth.

I’d ask that you keep in mind- it’s better to rip a band aid off rather then to pick at it.

Again-IMO-from one small asura

RISE born in Sorrow Furnace, raised in Crystal Desert, lived in Kaineng, RISE in Kaineng.

blood trade blood for Kaineng.

General, we await you, we fight till end.

Primordus Virtus [RISE] Prime Leader – Prince Járvan
Our greatest strength lies in never failing,
But we [RISE] each time we fall.

(edited by SpitFire.4690)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Loken.9724

Loken.9724

The lame thing about alaric being in another guild is that I have to do double duty on video production.

[RET] presents: Arrow Carts are Stupid and OP

With great power comes great responsibility.

That or you just drink a lot and video edit at that point

Alaric the Sic level 3 guard
Founder of [SIC] and Commander.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV6azSCyyjhrcNy2WAGKm7w?feature=mhee

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Loken.9724

Our zerg-balls have learned how not to die, mostly. After countless times saying “get on your commander or die alone”, they’re finally starting to pick up on it when we run into a WM, VK, BT, Meow or RET ball and are stacking up nice and tight.

In addition to that, CERN had over 100 people in our mumble channel the other night when we were defending KN garrison; that has to help, too.

Good to see man.

I look forward to every time we come across CERN out there. Fun fights

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

few weeks ago i foreseen we would start losing…. it happened…

last week i foreseen few CD guilds would join TC…… it happened…

……. i’m now foreseeing we would purposely drop to tier 3 where the coverage is much more fairer to us (no EU, weak NA) . TC in T2 now is like JQ in T1. it would be so tiring for Oceanics to carry KN, just like TC NA was tired of carrying their server they had to get help from CD SEA/Oceanic…..

Dragonbrand, pump up your effort now….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Arkanfel.8403

Arkanfel.8403

>comparing TC to JQ

Attachments:

Sarabi “the Roaring Fury” Aminata

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

>comparing TC to JQ

it’s a relativity concept in terms of coverage. some people have problem understanding…..

of course TC=/= JQ ….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Arkanfel.8403

Arkanfel.8403

>comparing TC to JQ

it’s a relativity concept in terms of coverage. some people have problem understanding…..

of course TC=/= JQ ….

I grasp that, Jules.

Sarabi “the Roaring Fury” Aminata

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Moleless.1462

Moleless.1462

Having great fun in the new server. It’s a lot easier to lead a zerg when people will actually listen and respond to what you say. Vast difference from CD where most of our troubles came from the fact that no one would stick to a commander.

Open fields fights are also a cut above. Have a lot to learn in that regard, but so far I’m loving the pace and intensity of the battles here. Very fun. Thanks FA and KN for some awesome fights over the weekend.

Admiral Beau
TC Commander
we need to pretect are big keep

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Loken.9724

As my favorite day of the week approaches I feel the need to share this:

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: ibajiah.5280

ibajiah.5280

heheh… I’m entirely too competitive for that! I mean, obviously I’m still having enough fun to keep playing the game, but I won’t be happy with WvW as long as my server is thousands and thousands of points behind with zero prospect of catching up, much less even staying in the same tier.

It’s one thing when you’re just a PuG, this kind of thing didn’t bother me as much when I was solo running back in the day. But now I’m in a huge guild and I often command 6 or 7 hours every day, so it’s inevitable that I’ll become emotionally invested in the score. Weeks of having all the progress I made during my command undone within an hour or two of leaving has made me a grumpy charr.

Lol, welcome to FA SEA prime. Although I think our server has a bomer for DPS for sticking it out in the mud everyday.

Fort Aspenwood
Spirit of Faith [HOPE]

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Krycek.1269

Krycek.1269

Cool vid, and looks like you’ve stopped clicking for the most part.

Olyn Deschain – Guardian[LAID]
Duey Decimator – Thief

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: ajm.2931

ajm.2931

TC wvwvw is remarkably friendly to new wvw players. Explanations are freely given on /t /m and newbie questions are answered thoughtfully, instead of with an insult. (I’ve friends who play on other servers (no names) who state that is the case.)

TC I also feel is less dominated by a few very large guilds, but instead has dozens and dozens of medium (and small) sized guilds. This has meant commanders and leaders have had to learn how to coordinate across parties/guilds. This has downsides (spying is easier) but it means a new player has a much easier time picking things up since so much is communicated in the open instead of closed guild chat/voice coms.

Obic – Tarnished Coast
Yak Cultist and follower of the Great Golem God

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Moleless.1462

Moleless.1462

TC wvwvw is remarkably friendly to new wvw players. Explanations are freely given on /t /m and newbie questions are answered thoughtfully, instead of with an insult. (I’ve friends who play on other servers (no names) who state that is the case.)

TC I also feel is less dominated by a few very large guilds, but instead has dozens and dozens of medium (and small) sized guilds. This has meant commanders and leaders have had to learn how to coordinate across parties/guilds. This has downsides (spying is easier) but it means a new player has a much easier time picking things up since so much is communicated in the open instead of closed guild chat/voice coms.

The main positive difference i noticed in TC compared to our old server (CD), is the voip communication. It’s awesome that as a commander, you will have almost your whole zerg in mumble listening to everything you say. Makes everything 10x easier and faster. This was pretty much unheard of in CD, apart from once every 2 or 3 weeks during a rest night, where someone would decide to advertise TS3 on map chat.

Admiral Beau
TC Commander
we need to pretect are big keep

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Loken.9724

Ya. I have. my guys gave me too much kitten.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

Well, after considerable time observing TC in KN BL, I see quite a lot of cohesiveness. Therein lies the tale….

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

I do not speak for my server but I do not want to come to T2. We are not ready, when DB comes to T2 we need to be ready and we are not yet. When we do come into T2, I want us to stick there not in and out.

Alot of TCers said the exact same thing when we moved to T2. We were 3rd in T2 for more than a month and always thought ‘well, we stayed one week longer than we thought’. And here we are, still in T2 after months and even being nr 1 there!

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Tallis.5607

Point-wise, it looks like this week is going to get ugly…

The scores at 2013-04-15 02:16:29 were…
TC 68,461
FA 60,144
KN 52,717

The scores last week around the same time (only half an hour difference, 2013-04-08 01:46:20), were…
TC 60,400
FA 62,172
KN 57,858

So, compared to more-or-kess the same time last week, TC is up with 8k, FA is down by 2k and KN is down by 10k.

FA is actually winning ranking at this point, +6, TC is +4 and KN loosing 10 ranking and stands at 1,931.

And in T3, DB is up 41 ranking and is at 1,921.

It’s gonne get ugly if KN doesn’t step up and turn things around!

Attachments:

(edited by Tallis.5607)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Tallis.5607

Well, after considerable time observing TC in KN BL, I see quite a lot of cohesiveness. Therein lies the tale….

One of the major TC WvW guilds had a guild event in KNBL, so that might have been a factor in the ‘cohesiveness’. Other than that, we were being our goofy selves

And even though they were running with a new commander after a while, he did great so they were able to take all three keeps in KNBL.

Garrison was close though: FA was sieging our T3 tower with golems, so most people WPed out of inner garrison to save the tower.

Only 15 TCer went in the Lord Room of garrison, the rest went to the tower.

Luckily, KN didn’t know that there were only 15 TCers left in garrison. They disapeared and TC was able to take garrison with minimal resitance!

Unfortunately, we weren’t able to take our tower, the 4 FA golems were too much. We did kill the FA golems later though, when they tried to take Hills with it!

No one uses golems against TC and lives. No one !!!

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

So basically TC is taking more points off Kain than anything else.

I wonder if we will see a FA-KN-TC week 7?

Edit: this was a response to Tallis

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Tearofsoul.9843

Tearofsoul.9843

As soon as WM come back, KN will be fine

Lothem

(edited by Tearofsoul.9843)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Feydra.6318

Feydra.6318

Kain
The burn out and having the “feel” i remember early on, when we in TC bascially got murdered, we have had moments when we really been punching bags, and though itsnot “fun” i thinkyou learn by it, and surviving it, is a test for any server… your a great server Kain, i have the greatest respectfor you guys so, reform, take the time and im sure youll be back ontop

Then as for tending for new/militia people, mumble/teamspeak is great, once you have people there, but i think some guilds forget that new people wont know, and thus cant get in… thats why i am one of those that uses /team and watches /team chat, to cordinate rear action stuff… it can be anything to broadcast yaks, ask for help to check towers, sentrie duties, or check on siege in rear areas… it keeps the chat alive, it draws people in, and it makes new players feel part… personally a guild that keeps and uses their mumble channel only, does a great mistake, they partition the server their on… so use both and /team leads to mumble

Then taking the time to explain things in a civiliced manner often leads to something better then yelling at people… explaining why, instead of dont do… i think of two things new players opses on, is grabbing suppplies from towers and keeps, and placing sieges in less smart places, and its something i think we all done, we learnt it the hard way, why you dont do certain grab supplies or place a siege “there”, and for my experience when you take the time and explain why, people say thanks !

enough ranting from me, thanks for some awesome fighting in FAbl earlier today, you give as good as you get !

Miriel de Clavo – Elementalist
Fey Sparrow – Warrior
If i nag about things, its only couse i care ;P

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

Isn’t WM back already? Saw a decently sized group of them a few days ago when I played during SEA prime.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Kaeti.2689

Kaeti.2689

It’s okay guys!!! Do not panic.
Jenexy has come to love each and every one of you <3 !!
~Gives out 1 free loot bag~

Wtf Kaeti
Syndictive [Syn]

(edited by Moderator)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

Isn’t WM back already? Saw a decently sized group of them a few days ago when I played during SEA prime.

Nah, the past couple of weeks there has only really been a few of them on each night with some extremely brief appearances from 1-2 of their main commanders.

With the amount of work they do for KN they definitely deserve a rest though

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Tallis.5607

Time for an update!

This is usally the time of day wher KN takes all stuff, we’ll see how it goes this week. They already took Bay in KBL, due to us not having sentries there kitten

Attachments:

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

[RET] almost kicked me out because of how loud my keyboard was

but now i’m the god emperor

deal with the clicks, underlings

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Whitebeard.5172

Whitebeard.5172

Fun stuff last night in FABL. There was no greater feeling than our 5 man team attacking towers when the FA server was applying pressure elsewhere. When we saw the FA people show up in force after taking down a door we considered it a job well done.

TC enjoyed a couple of nice ninja POI steals at the Garrison and then the Hills. Add to that the rough open field battles and it was a ton of fun.
Kudos to everyone involved on all servers, cya tonight.

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Kudos to everyone involved on all servers, cya tonight.

Caaan you feel the looove toniiight,

Oh, nevermind, that was the first cup of coffee singing.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

[RET] almost kicked me out because of how loud my keyboard was

but now i’m the god emperor

deal with the clicks, underlings

At least your jokes aren’t constant like the [DPS] music. Not one of my favorite things. Is there a way to not listen to it and still hear voice chat?

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Furiousbeard.7602

Pretty crazy battles yesterday everybody.

My favourite part of the night (and the most stressful) was the huge TC force trying to take red briar in FA BL. 1 treb, 3 cata to take the wall and then a 30 minute stand off at the opening. There must have been 40-60 people swarming all over.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Tearofsoul.9843

Oh man, yesterday was awesome @ FABL. 250 badges or so, many more didn’t managed to pickup due to movement. RPers are just keep coming back, die, coming back, die again, coming back…

Lowland farm was delicious.

Lothem

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: capmasterflash.5690

capmasterflash.5690

That briar stand off was great! We weren’t going to go in there and let you farm us. BT was persistent with their tricks to get us to rush in too. EDIT: I was just thinking back to how awesome BTs zerg movements are. So fun to watch them swirl around us before the portal comes.

Another great battle on FABL was the taking of North camp. Must have been no more than 10 of us against a perpetual wave of FA zergs and ballistas. Great night last night FA .

[MU]- my name is red
Asura Thief/Ele
HoD

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Whitebeard.5172

Oh man, yesterday was awesome @ FABL. 250 badges or so, many more didn’t managed to pickup due to movement. RPers are just keep coming back, die, coming back, die again, coming back…

You need to really pick up the pace to catch up with the RP groups out there, your lagging well behind them in the badge counting department.
And yeah, FABL was a blast last night.

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Tearofsoul.9843

You need to really pick up the pace to catch up with the RP groups out there, your lagging well behind them in the badge counting department.

Where is PiNK, the “best” gw2 WvW guild? I have never heard of TSL.

Lothem

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Alodar.5794

Alodar.5794

Don’t worry, we’ve never heard of you either.

And yet it’s funny how you mention that you were on FA borderlands all night last night… there were well over 30 TSL there running around in 2 groups. You were likely too busy running back from spawn though.

It’s also highly likely that it’s very hard to see names and tags in the one massive zerg that FA runs around in.

And when 60 FA came to the SE camp and LOST the battle against 20…. yeah, I can understand the frustration. We kept the SE camp fully upgraded for several hours even though your zerg of 60+ attempted to take it no less than 8 times.

Madember – Level 80 Elementalist
Madamber – Level 80 Guardian
Guild Leader of TSL (www.shadowlegion.net)

(edited by Alodar.5794)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Tallis.5607

Most PiNK officers were playing Minecraft for a long time yesterday. Then they had a guild event in Kaineg BL iirc.

Don’t feel abandoned, I’m sure FA will get PiNK-ed too this week!

As for other news…

Attachments:

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Pervin.5036

Pervin.5036

That briar stand off was great! We weren’t going to go in there and let you farm us. BT was persistent with their tricks to get us to rush in too. EDIT: I was just thinking back to how awesome BTs zerg movements are. So fun to watch them swirl around us before the portal comes.

Another great battle on FABL was the taking of North camp. Must have been no more than 10 of us against a perpetual wave of FA zergs and ballistas. Great night last night FA .

We tried everything to lure you into that tower, whether it was pushing slightly on the bridge, counter trebbing, having some of our forces leave only to port up and hide in the Lord’s room… Nothing worked. I give you guys a ton of credit. We will try cookie trays next time (have found them in your keeps/towers a few times this week). It was a fun fight to cap off an entertaining evening in the BL.

[HB] Commander Skarlack – Necro
http://blackgatewvw.com/

(edited by Pervin.5036)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Alodar.5794

Alodar.5794

We tried everything to lure you into that tower, whether it was pushing slightly on the bridge, counter trebbing, having some of our forces leave only to port up and hide in the Lord’s room… Nothing worked. I give you guys a ton of credit. We will try cookie trays next time since we’ve found them in some of your keeps this week. It was a fun fight to cap off an entertaining evening in the BL.

Oh please not the cookie trays…

My weakness for sure.

Madember – Level 80 Elementalist
Madamber – Level 80 Guardian
Guild Leader of TSL (www.shadowlegion.net)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Tallis.5607

Nothing worked. I give you guys a ton of credit. We will try cookie trays next time

You know us too well, hehe.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Whitebeard.5172

Most PiNK officers were playing Minecraft for a long time yesterday. Then they had a guild event in Kaineg BL iirc.

As for other news…

I think this answers you question Tears but be grateful, Had PINK also shown up it would have surely halved you badge count.

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Furiousbeard.7602

Does TSL travel in packs smaller than 10?

maybe it was earlier in the evening because the TSL groups I saw dwarfed those numbers.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Tearofsoul.9843

Don’t worry, we’ve never heard of you either.

And yet it’s funny how you mention that you were on FA borderlands all night last night… there were well over 30 TSL there running around in 2 groups. You were likely too busy running back from spawn though.

It’s also highly likely that it’s very hard to see names and tags in the one massive zerg that FA runs around in.

And when 60 FA came to the SE camp and LOST the battle against 20…. yeah, I can understand the frustration. We kept the SE camp fully upgraded for several hours even though your zerg of 60+ attempted to take it no less than 8 times.

I thought we are “80 man zerg”, not anymore? we turned to 60 man now? Interesting…

It was a farm to us bud, u took it the wrong way.

Lothem

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

PiNK halving badge counts? They exponentially grow badge counts.

[SU]

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Whitebeard.5172

Does TSL travel in packs smaller than 10?

maybe it was earlier in the evening because the TSL groups I saw dwarfed those numbers.

Furious, our typical numbers on certain night range from 20-25 or so although last night we may have come close to 30(not typical atm). We do at times break off smaller units from that number for specific tasks.
In any case it’s a ton of fun, hope to see you on the field.

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

I’m confuse, are we hating on Pink or TSL here?

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Tearofsoul.9843

As for other news…

I think this answers you question Tears but be grateful, Had PINK also shown up it would have surely halved you badge count.

Absolutely! I mean we kept switching BL to look for fights UNTIL YESTERDAY.

Lothem

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Tearofsoul.9843

That’s so mean Shrouded, we do NOT hate our loot bags, come on…

Lothem

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

That’s so mean Shrouded, we do NOT hate our loot bags, come on…

LOL Course you don’t.